Final Rest - Current Theories

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

So please Anet give us some more info.

snip

Nobody’s asking to have the precise answer handed to us. We’re just looking for a little bit more specificity than “it’s from a boss with a chest.” After this long, I think another hint is long overdue.

I’m distinctly reminded of a similar situation in a recent MMO. There was a highly desirable item (a “white whale,” if you will) which was shown to exist in the game, but (based on dev team reports) unknown extraordinary measures were needed to obtain it.

After several months and a thousands-of-posts superthread, it finally came to light that the dev team had never actually implemented a way to obtain the item, contrary to their own “hints” at how to obtain it.

It makes me worry that what we’re seeing with Final Rest is something similar – an entry in a loot table being a factor of 10 off, for example.

Ooooh I hope thats not the case.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

No no no. This is the stuff guilds, and communities build themselves on. Secrets, discovery, experimentation. You young’ins may not recall, but the popularity of Mortal Kombat was largely built on top of kids trading info on the latest Fatalities, or hidden fighters. Earlier Final Fantasy games had a special mystique because there were hidden weapons, summons, or party members that could be completely missed and word of mouth or vague hints in magazines were your only real clues.

It already sort of sucks that we can just preview any armor or weapon in the game for any class at any level. There is no “wow” factor when finding a new skin because they are all available to window shop from level 2.

Game needs more things like this and more mystery. Get the players thinking and working together instead of following a list of instructions to get the thing they want. If you want specific, explicit instructions to duplicate in order to get a prize, then bake a cake.

Nobody’s asking to have the precise answer handed to us. We’re just looking for a little bit more specificity than “it’s from a boss with a chest.” After this long, I think another hint is long overdue.

I’m distinctly reminded of a similar situation in a recent MMO. There was a highly desirable item (a “white whale,” if you will) which was shown to exist in the game, but (based on dev team reports) unknown extraordinary measures were needed to obtain it.

After several months and a thousands-of-posts superthread, it finally came to light that the dev team had never actually implemented a way to obtain the item, contrary to their own “hints” at how to obtain it.

It makes me worry that what we’re seeing with Final Rest is something similar – an entry in a loot table being a factor of 10 off, for example.

I think a better comparison to make (if you’re asking for more hints) would be the final boss in “Sea” of Chains of Promathia. It was long believed to be impossible to beat despite repeated assurance from the developer that their test team routinely beat it. Then a group found a way to glitch it to win the fight. The glitch caught on, and finally SE released a “teaser” video that showed snippets of the test team fighting it the correct way, and players finally were able to figure it out.

Sometimes we just need more hints because it’s just a bit too obscure.

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Yeah this is true. I’m all for the mystery. But considering the size of the world and the fact that the hints could mean anything. Ontop of the gargoyals mysteriously dissapearing, there are just so many variables that giving us, at least, the location in the world (kryta, shiverpeaks, etc) would be of great help)

Posted by: Khairos.3890

Khairos.3890

snip

Ooooh I hope thats not the case.

Me neither, but it’s looking quite believable at this point.

Helia – Stormbluff Isle – [MORD]

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Regarding the theory on arah.

Does korga have a chest associated with him? He’s the boss before the final one. I have literally never killed him despite doing path one about 15 times.

1. Arah path 1 (which few people did because the waypoint is miles from lupicus)
2. The boss is a nightmare to do for lots of people (metric asstons of health, and infinitely spawning gorilla’s that knock you down)
3. He can be skipped in his entirety by literally just walking past him, and ive never been in a group that actually bothered to kill him

I dont know if he fits the theme of the final rest staff though.

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

okies after some thought on this , the chest that the dev was referring too happens in only a select few quests, now I have a theroy its a quest line that happens rarely so with that in mind there is one quest that is very rare in deed and that happens to have the rare chest at the end of it. It is alos one of the few quest to have a Named boss.

So now if you do get this drop from my theroy don’t forget phabby lol

but anyways I think you are all in the wrong place and should be at the Bloodtide Coast farming the metta event " The Campaign Against Taidha Covington". One of the only named bosses that isn’t a risen or dragon, also note even wiki said this event has a slim chance of starting due to pre events that have to be completed in time for this event to kick off and ohh the pre event help bill and someother dude clear risen has a boss that will smash you to bits, and has to be completed for the metta event chain to start.

So if anyone wants to have a go at this on SOS server please give me a yell in game Goddess Tish , cause I want a chance at that chest

Posted by: Kvothe.9824

Kvothe.9824

No no no. This is the stuff guilds, and communities build themselves on. Secrets, discovery, experimentation. You young’ins may not recall, but the popularity of Mortal Kombat was largely built on top of kids trading info on the latest Fatalities, or hidden fighters. Earlier Final Fantasy games had a special mystique because there were hidden weapons, summons, or party members that could be completely missed and word of mouth or vague hints in magazines were your only real clues.

It already sort of sucks that we can just preview any armor or weapon in the game for any class at any level. There is no “wow” factor when finding a new skin because they are all available to window shop from level 2.

Game needs more things like this and more mystery. Get the players thinking and working together instead of following a list of instructions to get the thing they want. If you want specific, explicit instructions to duplicate in order to get a prize, then bake a cake.

This. So much this. Final Rest reminds me of Ashbringer in Vanilla WoW, in fact, there were several threads on the nexus before launch asking for things exactly like this! Please don’t remove the mystery!

Deified.7520

This. So much this. Final Rest reminds me of Ashbringer in Vanilla WoW, in fact, there were several threads on the nexus before launch asking for things exactly like this! Please don’t remove the mystery!

As far as I am aware, Ashbringer was never obtainable by Players, it was considered a GM weapon. Also if it was a true player weapon no one has ever gotten it and its been out for what, 10+ years? Honestly, it annoys me. Why put an item in the game that is close to impossible to get.

Deified.7520

okies after some thought on this , the chest that the dev was referring too happens in only a select few quests, now I have a theroy its a quest line that happens rarely so with that in mind there is one quest that is very rare in deed and that happens to have the rare chest at the end of it. It is alos one of the few quest to have a Named boss.

So now if you do get this drop from my theroy don’t forget phabby lol

but anyways I think you are all in the wrong place and should be at the Bloodtide Coast farming the metta event " The Campaign Against Taidha Covington". One of the only named bosses that isn’t a risen or dragon, also note even wiki said this event has a slim chance of starting due to pre events that have to be completed in time for this event to kick off and ohh the pre event help bill and someother dude clear risen has a boss that will smash you to bits, and has to be completed for the metta event chain to start.

So if anyone wants to have a go at this on SOS server please give me a yell in game Goddess Tish , cause I want a chance at that chest

Maybe, but it has nothing to do with the weapon. All weapons that drop from specifc bosses seem to have something to do with the boss in terms of name. I find nothing that implies she is connected to Final Rest.

Posted by: Iceinux.4738

Iceinux.4738

So I did come across this, http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/img/map_pois/FieldsofRuinpoiGwensGraveimageGw2120120828154513064.jpg as it talks about the FINAL RESTING place of Gwen Thackeray. Also all around Ebonhawke you have The Founding books which talk about Gwen to a large extent, and they also used to give a secret achievement. Then you have the organ which you if you play her flute song that you hear “from GW1” opens the door on the left. Now some people have tried to get the door on the right open but have not been able to. Depending on how deep down the rabbit hole you want to go, you could trace back the lore to guildwars 1, and span off that. The question is do you think there are secrets in this game that have yet to be discovered?

Also another aspect I came across was in ARAH Story mode you have to kill a http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Champion_Risen_Knight “which some people have speculated that it is as close to a gargoyle that we are going to get” which also drops a chest afterwards.

Two threads open, one in crafting and one here, didn’t know which to put it in so I put it in both.

(edited by Iceinux.4738)

Posted by: Iceinux.4738

Iceinux.4738

Not to mention looking up Glorious chests there is also one Devouring the Brand in Iron Marches that doesn’t show up on the wiki when you look at Glorious Chests

Deified.7520

This is what I think. It drops from a Rare boss. A boss isn’t considered rare unless he doesn’t appear often. All bosses in the Open World have a 100% chance of appear if the correct conditions are met. However, bosses inside dungeons can sometimes be secret, such as the Troll boss in AC. Gargoyals are present mostly in catacombs (there are numerous gargoyal looking statues in AC too). I think it drops in AC. I believe there are a set of conditions that must be met, after doing all these conditions he spawns. What are there and where? I’m unsure. I’m thinking about getting a group going to go thro and explore everything.

Deified.7520

I have some terrific new information everyone. I talked with Mr. Vaughn this weekend and here is what I was told in quotes.

After saying I’ve looked for clues and the staff in AC, and run Zho’qafa catacombs a ton of times, I asked him if he can atleast tell me if its in the open world or not.
“I can’t give away any spoilers, but I can confirm that I’ve looked at the loot tables, and it is in the game. It’s a very rare reward from defeating a boss in the open world.”

I asked him if there were any clues besides NPC dialog that could hint on where it drops
" I don’t know what clues might be present, sorry. Good luck!"

Finally I asked him about the conflicting hints between him and Ms. Murdock about how she said it drops from a Large (no classification as large so this could mean 3 different kinds of chest) boss chest and him saying it drops from a rare boss, I asked is it from a chest or a boss?

“That’s a distinction that I can’t really make, sorry.”

So ill probably set off on an adventure doing every Meta event in the game trying to find chest that may be considered large. I’ve done zho’qafa so many times I’m still a bit weary if it drops from there. I would like it to be connected to lore or at least have some kind of connection to where it drops, but there are no promises. Will be an interesting week. If anyone wants to join me on this, I’m on Yak’s Bend.

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

“I can’t give away any spoilers, but I can confirm that I’ve looked at the loot tables, and it is in the game. It’s a very rare reward from defeating a boss in the open world.”

If we are to look at lore for clues, then there are any number of bosses this could apply to. Since you could not pin him to it dropping from boss or chest then no boss can be ruled out. There is a boss who is situated at the final resting place of a king.

If you look at some of the areas where in story mode have lore associated with death, you have the upper temple area in Malchor’s Leap where people brought their dead and went through rituals. In open world this area has a boss in the centre.

There are many examples if you are using lore as clues to finding Final Rest. I do not know off the top of my head but which god/priest has a scythe?

Deified.7520

I assume that grenth has a staff. But im going to be going and doing every meta event in the game. A friend brought up an interesting point. Unique named chest have unique loot tables. Why would they need unique loot tables? They probably drop a special item. All of the confirmed drops from bosses have shown to have unique named chest, so im going to do every meta even in the game in the following week and catalog which ones have a unique chest at the end.

Posted by: JarXLite.6720

JarXLite.6720

What about the champion risen king in Cursed Shore? I’ve never done the event so I don’t know if there is a chest, but it seems that nobody ever bothers to complete it.

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I assume that grenth has a staff. But im going to be going and doing every meta event in the game. A friend brought up an interesting point. Unique named chest have unique loot tables. Why would they need unique loot tables? They probably drop a special item. All of the confirmed drops from bosses have shown to have unique named chest, so im going to do every meta even in the game in the following week and catalog which ones have a unique chest at the end.

Sorry but can you explain what you mean by unique chest?

Thanks for the info, very much appreciated.
I guess I’ll be hitting up the temples too- mostly I’ve been farming Shadow Behemoth, since I know he at least drops Deathwish.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Have any of you guys checked wheter there’s an enemy that wields a weapon that looks like this one? Because if it does exist, chances are high that that’s the boss that drops it.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

skullmount.1758

I guess I’ll be hitting up the temples too- mostly I’ve been farming Shadow Behemoth, since I know he at least drops Deathwish.

OT: If he drops Deathwish, why isn’t he in the list of where to get it on the Wiki?

Darkhaven server

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

i don’t think the theme/name of the staff is related in anyways… ALL the known events thats related to the staff in some way, as been farmed like crazy… Time to farm other events guys!

i dont know why we are still farming zho’qafa etc. So what if the last hint we got was 5 months ago, they NEVER said its related to the staff? We are simply just limiting the search…

They also never said it drops from a “event boss”, they just said boss. There might be a boss which isnt connected to an event, which spawns a chest. Simply because event bosses IS NOT RARE! Every time you walk in a 100000 radius of the event the text: “NEW EVENT NEAR BY!” pops up and you go completed.. Not rare IMO..

Most likely a random unicorn hidden well under the grove, accesable by a hidden trapdoor noone has discovered yet

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

It’s a pretty meh staff skin if you ask me, you only want it so much because it’s not for sale.

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

This here is what I was talking about earlier. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cathedral_of_Eternal_Radiance_

This is the final resting place of the citizens of Orr (according to storyline). Is there a boss that appears in the crypt where the dead are finally laid to rest. Lyssa is the goddess of illusion and final rest “looks” like a scythe.

Just had another thought, after a little more research. In GW1, the scythe was associated with Grenth. What if it is on Grenths loot table, but so rare that it just hasn’t dropped yet?

And another thought. Gargoyles in GW1 were found in Ascalon and Kryta. Now I know this is a long shot but are there any locations within GW2, even in ruins, where gargoyles used to exist, and if so, are there any bosses near by. Alternatively gargoyle statues were used to ward off evil so what about places around Tyria that could be considered holy or sacred.

(edited by wildcode.5403)

Morrigan.2809

OT: If he drops Desthwish, why isn’t he in the list of where to get it on the Wiki?

I have no idea- I met a player with Deathwish and asked where he got it and he said Shadow Behemoth- I didn’t even think not to believe him, why would he lie?
I met him at the Shatterer.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

but beening exotic , wouldnt have to drop in a high end level? and if so would that not rule out all the low end areas

Posted by: Jelle.4623

Jelle.4623

Does anyone know where ´Final Curse´ drops? Might give hints to where Final Rest drops.

(edited by Jelle.4623)

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Could this item be somehow related to the Scepter of Orr and Vizier Khilbron?

The table is a fable.

Morrigan.2809

but beening exotic , wouldnt have to drop in a high end level? and if so would that not rule out all the low end areas

As long as your character is 80 it can drop anywhere as far as I understand it- since rewards scale to your level. I get better loot in lower level areas on my 80 than in Orr for example- but she is cursed with bad luck anyway.

Awww I have really no idea about this staff anymore- I like the mystery and all, I just can’t believe that it has not been found yet- it must be super super rare or we are all just looking in the wrong places, which I find rather hard to believe since some of the theories are very good.

Gunnar’s Hold

skullmount.1758

Awww I have really no idea about this staff anymore- I like the mystery and all, I just can’t believe that it has not been found yet- it must be super super rare or we are all just looking in the wrong places, which I find rather hard to believe since some of the theories are very good.

I would hope that they would give another clue if we are looking in the wrong place(s), or at least after we stopped coming up with new theories. They mystery part of it was cool, but now its just becoming frustrating and aggravating.

Darkhaven server

ShadowMaster.5708

Does anyone know where ´Final Curse´ drops? Might give hints to where Final Rest drops.

i have asked this aswell, and that bow is a random loot from the mystic forge.

But i just thought of something… With the new equipment boxes you can buy for 5 laurels. Maybe you can get final rest from them? From like the necro, ele, mesmer etc. boxes? Since they contain a random piece of rare or exotic item

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Hey guys, just some food for toughts…looking at final rest on wiki it says req. lvl is 80 which probably means it has to be from lvl 80 boss or event (probably both). Id say Cursed Shore or Malchor’s Leap should be logical place for search.

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

I like your thinking. I agree.

I used to play FFXI and it was full of this stuff. Square enix told the players NOTHING. Literally nothing, not even what the stats on armor and weapons did. The population had to figure out everything for themselves.

ShadowMaster.5708

Hey guys, just some food for toughts…looking at final rest on wiki it says req. lvl is 80 which probably means it has to be from lvl 80 boss or event (probably both). Id say Cursed Shore or Malchor’s Leap should be logical place for search.

You are either new to this game, or never been low zones when you are 80. Low level monsters, bosses and events can still drop lvl 80 rares and exotics…

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

You are either new to this game, or never been low zones when you are 80. Low level monsters, bosses and events can still drop lvl 80 rares and exotics…

Was this true up until recently? Since the patch, you get your own level loot from lower level areas. I can confirm that includes exotic rarity after the Bloodwitch in Viathan Lake dropped a lvl80 exotic focus for my thief last night.

Before the patch i’ve never really seen any loot drop from a mob that was higher level than the area and definitely not exotics. Dragon chests possibly being the only exception.

At least that was my experience with a lvl80 thief with map completion, lvl80 guardian, lvl55 mesmer and lvl 30 necro. I guess I could just have really poor luck?

I think it’s a fair assumption that Final rest is in one of the 65-80 area if the weapon has been in the game since before the loot scaling patch and is only dropped by one boss. If multiple bosses can drop it, post patch, then Homonavn has a point in saying it could theoretically be anywhere in the open world.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

A co-worker of mine has one, he got it 2 days ago, and he isn’t telling anyone how he got it. =D

AcidicVision.5498

A co-worker of mine has one, he got it 2 days ago, and he isn’t telling anyone how he got it. =D

Pics or didnt happen.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Morrigan.2809

you know the rule :P

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

Low level monsters, bosses and events can still drop lvl 80 rares and exotics…

Indeed, this has been my experience since launch when going to low areas with my 80. I believe the loot got tweeked (rearrange loot table and increased %s) in the recent patch for higher ranked players in lower map areas. I got a rare rank 80 mace while waiting on Shadow Bohemoth and killing some mobs for one of the Slayer Achievements. I had been getting more rank 76 loot than 80 previously (& still getting loot ranked for the map I was in) while in lower areas and it’d certainly be rare to get a rare item. I’d not spent a lot of time in lower areas with an 80 in previous months, except when I was getting materials for an alt that I was going to craft with for some ranks, but with the recent patch tweeks, I might spend more time… hunting for Order related Dynamic Events or Events I’ve not seen.

Zho’Qafa Catacombs, any change since the patch? Is the Abomination taller? I like that tip I read about it. Let the Pact NPCs die to the abomination, the abomination gets stacks of frenzy, let the abomination reset(no more frenzy speed), & then fight the abomination.

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Is there a way to open the gates next to where Grenth’s Acolyte is?

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Deified.7520

Some clairfication on what I said earlier. Some events/bosses in the game will drop Unique named chest. You have generic chest such as Splendid, Glorious, etc. These all share the same loot tables. However some events will spawn a chest that has its own unique named. Things such as the jungle wurm (wisteria), Tequatl the Sunless (shard of the deep), Claw of jormag (probably drops breath of jormag). Another event that spawns a unique chest is one in Metrica Provience, the steam ogre one. Do not trust the wiki. That hasn’t been update in ages. It doesn’t list all the events that spawn glorious chest, and it also doesn’t say correctly when a event spawns a chest. Such as it says Flame temple spawns a unique chest, but it doesn’t anymore.

As a side note, zho’qafa catacombs spawns a glorious chest, which would explain why we are not getting it. But yeah, this week im going to go out and try to do every meta event in the game and list when I see unique chest spawned.

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

They also never said it drops from a “event boss”, they just said boss. There might be a boss which isnt connected to an event, which spawns a chest. Simply because event bosses IS NOT RARE! Every time you walk in a 100000 radius of the event the text: “NEW EVENT NEAR BY!” pops up and you go completed.. Not rare IMO..

Your logic is flawed in that long event chains (such as Zho’Qafa) can be failed. Just because there’s a 100% chance of boss spawn on completion in no way guarantees boss spawn every time the event chain is started. Given that, and confirmation that it’s in the open world, esoteric events are still the best bet.

Got any candidate bosses who aren’t connected to any events and spawn a chest? If not, the supposed rarity of event bosses is immaterial.

More importantly, given the lastest Vaughn quote on the topic delivered by Deified, it seems like the “specific (rare) boss” hint might have been Vaughn mis-speaking – he might have meant “rare drop from a specific boss.”

But i just thought of something… With the new equipment boxes you can buy for 5 laurels. Maybe you can get final rest from them? From like the necro, ele, mesmer etc. boxes? Since they contain a random piece of rare or exotic item

Highly unlikely. I’ve not yet seen any reports of people obtaining exotics with specific crafting recipes in the Mystic Forge (such as The Anomaly), so it seems likely that they’ve tabulated the loot tables carefully and specifically not included things – such as a staff that is supposedly only obtained from a single boss.

Posted by: LJScribes.2015

LJScribes.2015

How long has it been since they removed the chest from Giganticus Lupicus? That seemed like the most likely answer, being a LARGE boss indeed.

Posted by: neodome.7401

neodome.7401

The only one I can think of is the Fire Elemental boss. It doesn’t make sense as far as story goes but due to his difficulty he seems to never be killed. But I dont think he drops a chest ??

I’ve never seen a group try him to know for certain. As for the Shadow Behemoth did him a few days back but saw nothing~

Posted by: elitegamerz.4965

elitegamerz.4965

Anyone tried The Viziers Tower in straights of devestation? There is a poi, a skill point, and I think a vista there. Also, an event spawns there where a pretty big chest (cant remember what kind) spawns at the end. It also has several items you can look at that give lore and backstory. Im pretty sure one of them mentioned something about someone stopping at the tower to “rest” and that he didnt think he would make the journey back.

skullmount.1758

Anyone tried The Viziers Tower in straights of devestation? There is a poi, a skill point, and I think a vista there. Also, an event spawns there where a pretty big chest (cant remember what kind) spawns at the end. It also has several items you can look at that give lore and backstory. Im pretty sure one of them mentioned something about someone stopping at the tower to “rest” and that he didnt think he would make the journey back.

If its the one I’m thinking it is, isn’t it only a splendid chest that the event leaves?

(guess its a Grand chest. Event , though as someone else pointed out, wiki might not be correct anymore)

Darkhaven server

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I was at the Viziers Tower earlier today. Alas, got nothing but blues and greens from the chest (which doesn’t mean much as that’s all I ever get), but I was wondering about the other stuff there – what’s it all for? Anyway, I got the crazy notion that Final Rest might be the Scepter of Orr, the whereabouts of which are unknown. Back in GW1 the White Mantle found it in a tomb in Majesty’s Rest, so I thought maybe it somehow ended up back there. Unfortunately, we can’t access Majesty’s Rest, but I went all around the edges of where it should be looking for a miraculously overlooked secret area that might offer some degree of access. Didn’t find anything of the sort, of course, but I did notice that mysterious unreachable portal in the Brisban Wildlands. After that I fought the Demagogue (hadn’t fought him with an 80 before) just out of curiosity. Alas, blues and greens from him and the chest. So, I dunno.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Sosyc.3025

Sosyc.3025

I am wondering if there is a way to access the Tomb of Morlog in Dreadgehaunt Cliffs. I have killed many bosses in hopes of uncovering this weapon and I keep getting drawn back to this.
“Hierophant Morlog is endeavoring to learn the true name of the Great Destroyer and bring about a calamity to the world.
He is currently exploring the ruins of the Stone Basilica for the Tome of the Rubicon with a group of Summit Taskmasters. The Tome is said to contain the name of the Great Destroyer.”

He was a stone summit Mesmer who hunted relics. I don’t want to assume too much but based on Gargoyles in Guild wars 1 a Mesmer Boss seems very likely.

AcidicVision.5498

Anyway, I got the crazy notion that Final Rest might be the Scepter of Orr, the whereabouts of which are unknown. Back in GW1 the White Mantle found it in a tomb in Majesty’s Rest, so I thought maybe it somehow ended up back there.

I thought the last person to have the Scepter of Orr was Livia, and as of yet, we have no idea what she did with it?

Anyways, scepter of Orr is a scepter with a green gem. Final Rest is a staff with no gem as far as I know. There would be a pretty big ret-con one way or another to make that make sense.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: JarXLite.6720

JarXLite.6720

Has anyone thought of the Flame Temple Tombs in Diessa Plateau? It’s an old Ascalonian tomb that is actually a mini-dungeon. It fits with the idea that the gargoyles are actually a reference to Ascalon and I almost never see anyone doing it.

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I have some terrific new information everyone. I talked with Mr. Vaughn this weekend and here is what I was told in quotes.

After saying I’ve looked for clues and the staff in AC, and run Zho’qafa catacombs a ton of times, I asked him if he can atleast tell me if its in the open world or not.

I asked him if there were any clues besides NPC dialog that could hint on where it drops
" I don’t know what clues might be present, sorry. Good luck!"

Finally I asked him about the conflicting hints between him and Ms. Murdock about how she said it drops from a Large (no classification as large so this could mean 3 different kinds of chest) boss chest and him saying it drops from a rare boss, I asked is it from a chest or a boss?

“That’s a distinction that I can’t really make, sorry.”

So ill probably set off on an adventure doing every Meta event in the game trying to find chest that may be considered large. I’ve done zho’qafa so many times I’m still a bit weary if it drops from there. I would like it to be connected to lore or at least have some kind of connection to where it drops, but there are no promises. Will be an interesting week. If anyone wants to join me on this, I’m on Yak’s Bend.

Great, so now we have a third source of vague information which may or may not conflict with the previous two. You guys have got to be the worst clue-givers in the world, it’s like like trying to trying to count to 100 with a crowd shouting random numbers in your ear.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

Has anyone looked for it in that jumping puzzle in lornars pass? The one with all the darkness and stuff?
Either that or champion white rabbit drops it…