"Fixed" Monk Outfit - Updated July 28th

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Keep bumping this thread or others like it.
Change the “nature” of outfits and armor so they do not look unnatural.

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

I do not want a refund. I want it to look right, again. There are too many bubble-butt, cape-butt, and bells.

Please fix them, please!

Please!

Well, this, basically. I’m willing to wait, and see and probably be disappointed.
I totally understand why people are asking for refunds.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

After sending in a refund request stating that the new version doesn’t look good anymore I got this:

Purchases from the Gem Store are seldom refundable, and in this case we are not able to provide a refund of your purchase.

I am sorry that we could not fulfill you request in this situation, but please let us know if you have any other questions we can address.

After specifying that ANet changed it and now I don’t have the product I spent gems for anymore I got:

We understand your concerns related to the changes done to the Monk’s Outfit. However, because of the nature of outfits, we are unable to do any refund of the purchase. We appreciate your comprehension.

After noting that other people got refunds “support” replied with:

While we understand that you would have preferred to receive a different response to your petition, we must reiterate that we are unable to fulfill your request.

Any suggestions?

If you haven’t done so already, create a brand new support ticket. Don’t keep responding to the old one. If your request history is right in front of the support technician, he will probably be obliged to back up the decision of another.

Use all your “ammo” in the new ticket – you bought the outfit, saw no clipping issues, then the outfit was modified by the artists after-the-fact to the point where you no longer want to wear it. Hopefully you’ll get a more sympathetic support technician this time, and hopefully they don’t have a record of your original ticket in a place where it will jump out and make itself noticed.

Don’t point out that others have gotten refunds… that might prejudice them against you, making them feel as if you are telling them you deserve a refund instead of asking them if you may have one. Be polite.

Good luck!

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Sealreth.1425

Sealreth.1425

I did like the old one better, never even knew of any issues… till I read they ‘’fixed it’’ And all I know is that the skirt looks bigger now still don’t know about the previous issues with it… here I thought Anet artists where perfectionists and didn’t do rush rush.

Hope they change it again.

Sethy Alre [Main: Thief, 19 Characters] -
[TSP] The Shadow Phantoms – Guild master
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Cerpin.9152

Cerpin.9152

To be fair the clipping was really huge and noticable on the “curvier” body types, so there is no point downplaying it here…
The question is, how could it be released like this? The fact that GW2 characters come in different forms and sizes is nothing new…

I still haven’t put in my ticket for a refund. I know I should, but I would much rather have my perfect looking outfit back!

Posted by: bob.5680

bob.5680

Well, I never noticed the clipping problem (not sure why, maybe I’m just not that sensitive to clipping), but I surly don’t like the new bell shaped skirt!

Posted by: Flop Sweat.3456

Flop Sweat.3456

Umm… I didn’t think it was that bad.

But that’s me.

Graey Mance-Iron Legion Engineer.
There when you need him.

Posted by: TheDuck.4526

TheDuck.4526

Still no news on this?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I still like the outfit, but yeah, my girls now all have those Greek “good birthing hips.” lol

Marge.4035

Yeah, I happened to pick the body type on which every skirt looks like a balloon, so the first version of the monk outfit was a nice change. But now everything looks equally broken, so it’s all right, yes?

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

Still no news on this?

I honestly don’t expect any.

Cerpin.9152

Still no news on this?

I honestly don’t expect any.

Small hope for next patchday.
After that … yeah, we probably won’t get any reaction at all …

Posted by: Athena.3579

Athena.3579

July 28th, 2015 Update:

Good news everyone!

They fixed the invisible thighs!

Also, you have no feet now.

Third time is a charm, right?

Posted by: Sailsd.9245

Sailsd.9245

Yup. No feet now, never had Issues with the initial one…

Attachments:

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Next fix you won’t even have a head.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

The absence of feet symbolizes the aspiration of the Monk to sever ties with the physical world in pursuit of higher spiritual awareness.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Arena Net Programming Team:

Gary: How do I adjust this mesh so that it doesn’t make the legs disappear?
Kole: Just drag the object upwards.
Gary: Like this?
Kole: Ya, looks good, you can see the thighs now. No need to spend any more time looking at the image.
Gary: By dragging the object upwards, it looks like the feet went missing…
Kole: I said NO NEED TO SPEND MORE TIME! Send the updated models out. NOW!
Gary: Yes Sir. Wow, what an honor to work here.

Edit: All characters in this are fictional, and hopefully not based on real life.

Cerpin.9152

Arena Net Programming Team:

Gary: How do I adjust this mesh so that it doesn’t make the legs disappear?
Kole: Just drag the object upwards.
Gary: Like this?
Kole: Ya, looks good, you can see the thighs now. No need to spend any more time looking at the image.
Gary: By dragging the object upwards, it looks like the feet went missing…
Kole: I said NO NEED TO SPEND MORE TIME! Send the updated models out. NOW!
Gary: Yes Sir. Wow, what an honor to work here.

Edit: All characters in this are fictional, and hopefully not based on real life.

Next up:

Gary: Do you remember how we just made this thing bigger because making it fit to different bodies was TOO HARD for us?
Kole: Yeah?
Gary: Well, turns out legs and feet are really annoying and would be a bit of work. How about we make the skirt so big it covers the feet?
Kole: Perfect! No one would notice, right? And even if they did … not our problem, right??
Gary: Lol, yeah!

Posted by: Eilis.6089

Eilis.6089

Yup annnnd still no fix with this second patch either. ANet, we spent real money on an outfit in the gem store and then you broke it and ruined the aesthetic. Please, give me back my feet and the outfit I paid for – the one that didn’t look like I was wearing a bell.

Attachments:

Ascalon shall rise again!

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Yes, the item has been reintroduced to the Gem Store. I will pass along your input regarding the corrected outfit.

Please as pass along “Load these assets into a set of light armor skins since they were OBVIOUSLY built using the light armor template and thousands of us will BUY THAT ARMOR SET.”

Keep making outfits. Knock yourselves out on them…

But ALSO release them as armor.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Lillith.3018

Lillith.3018

Yea, not a big fan on this. A huge difference in look, I think I will ask for a refund as well. Really disappointed.

Before and After pics:

Attachments:

Vive’ La Yaks Bend !

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

Yea, not a big fan on this. A huge difference in look, I think I will ask for a refund as well. Really disappointed.

Before and After pics:

This outfit has been failure after failure.

Keep pushing to get your gems back, folks. It’s the only way Anet is going to devote the proper resources to fix this thing properly, once and for all.

Posted by: Sonickeyblade.8415

Sonickeyblade.8415

This outfit looked really cool when first released but I decided to hold out on it.

And now I am glad I did. It keeps having a ton of issues. And the skirt issue is totally a thing. I’ve noticed that it seems to look cut off/censored once you go pass the higher legs.

That kind of blocky/black void stuff I’ve never been a fan of. And the last time I’ve seen that be a major thing is in the “kiddy” Nintendo games. And while I do enjoy those, I’m glad that isn’t common in GW2.

That said, maybe one day I’ll pick up this outfit if some of these issues are fixed… but to be honest, I don’t think that ANet wants to keep fixing this outfit over and over and over. Eventually they are just going to leave it as is and I don’t think I want to buy it in the state that it will be left in.

Posted by: femalehumanmeta.8351

femalehumanmeta.8351

I am SO SO sad this outfit looks like this now. When it was first released, the skirt was perfect, but I held out on buying it after reading about the clipping issues.

If they had released it the way it looks now, I’d probably buy it, but after seeing how nice the skirt portion looked before all the “fixes”, I just can’t get myself to purchase it.

Marge.4035

I’d like our feet back. And the original skirt shape too.

Posted by: Lolyta.4582

Lolyta.4582

After carefully previewing it on several of my characters and seeing it on another player’s character, I paid real money at the Gem Store to buy a “Monk’s Outfit” within a day or so of its release. It looked as good on my human and Norn characters as it had in the previews, and I spent hours dyeing it for 6-7 of my characters to match their professions and/or overall color “themes.”

Then, just a few days after the outfit was released, along came a “minor” patch. With no notice whatsoever that I saw, nothing about it in the patch notes, my new-favorite dress was changed such that it became grossly wide at the hips and thighs of my slim characters, totally pear-shaped, totally ruined, totally ugly and unwearable. In other words, my new outfit was sabotaged a few days after I purchased it.

Please, since the disappearance of mix-n-match Town Clothes last year, it is almost impossible to find “normal” looking clothing to wear in GW2. Everything is either on fire or has a Medieval look to it, which is not the first choice of some players. This outfit was perfect in that regard because it looked like a dress that a normal girl would actually wear in public … until it suddenly bloated up beyond all recognition.

Won’t you please consider restoring this outfit to fit the actual bodies we pasinstakingly selected at character creation (or using cash money for a Makeover Kit) instead of forcing the involuntary and unannounced wide-load look on everybody? Especially since those of us who bought this outfit had to do so with cash money, not in-game gold.

Based on the fact that the dress was changed very quickly (within 4-5 days) after its release, it is obviously not especially difficult or “major” to change it back again, or to make a separate version of it that we human girls can wear in public if the reason it was changed was to fit Charr physiques or whatever.

Thanks.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’m not sure why they changed the look. I did hear something about a bug that caused some characters wearing it to have their legs disappear. 0_0

This is ANet you’re dealing with. Past experience suggests that they sometimes put things in that have unintended consequences. It sometimes seems that the graphics in the game cannot support something adequately. I’m guessing, here, but it may be that in order to fix the “legs” bug, they had to change the outfit. If they cannot resolve the bug, or have moved on, the outfit may never be restored to what you saw at first.

So — if I were in your shoes, I’d do the following:

1. Contact support. Tell them that you bought the outfit when it first came out because you liked the look, but that the look has changed through no fault of yours. Tell them you do not like the new look and ask for a refund on the 700 gems. Based on reported past incidents, they are likely to return the gems and remove the outfit you do not like from your wardrobe.
  2. If they do return the gems, sit on them for a while in case ANet fixes the outfit to your liking — then repurchase it. If, after whatever time seems good to you, they have not done so, consider using the gems for something else you might like. This way, you are not stuck with an outfit you dislike and can maybe get something you do like for your money. The longer you wait to ask for a refund, the less likely it is you’ll get it, so don’t wait for a fix, then try to get a refund later.
  3. Do ask for more outfits and such that suit your tastes. It never hurts, and if you don’t, then that’s one voice ANet will not heed.

Good luck.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If you really hate the new look, then file a support ticket and request a refund on the basis that you bought the skin for its original looks. In the past, they have returned the cost of the gems for other items in similar situations. (Whether they do now or not probably depends on how you phrase your request, how much time has passed since the update, and whether ANet agrees that the change in design is substantive enough.)

Good luck and please let us know the result of your ticket.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

You bought something yet they delivered something else.

Politely ask for a refund here
https://help.guildwars2.com/home

I’d wish you a good luck but I believe you don’t need any. Just push it thru.

Posted by: Berobad.4536

Berobad.4536

The question is what will they destroy on the outfit when they fix the feet

But yes, i’d like the orginal skirt back too.

(edited by Berobad.4536)

Posted by: Berobad.4536

Berobad.4536

I think it’s less about getting the gems back, but to get the original look back.

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

Yeah, maybe they should just make two versions and let people decide if they are okay with the minor clipping of the original or the balloon skirt and missing feet. I almost bought this, but the “fix” completely changed my mind.

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Extremely disappointed. It went from looking unpolished with the clipping issues to just strait out bad, as it is now.
I’ll be asking for a refund, and as a longtime GW1 player it’s not a decision that was made easily.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

That sounds awful. I hope you folks get refunds because it was definitely not you were asking for.

I know I would not be happy if something like that happened. It’s fine for them to change it, but it’s not what was initially advertised.

A fairly large aspect of this game is appearance and I feel that more effort needs to be made towards people getting their characters to look the way they want.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Westwater.1095

Westwater.1095

This all makes me very weary of spending money on future cash shop skins. If Anet is just going to take them and ruin the item after I buy it without offering any kind of refund, then I simply don’t trust them enough to give them my money.

Posted by: PerfectionSX.7541

PerfectionSX.7541

This all makes me very weary of spending money on future cash shop skins. If Anet is just going to take them and ruin the item after I buy it without offering any kind of refund, then I simply don’t trust them enough to give them my money.

Calm down… they’ll fix it soon i’m sure… it’s just a visual problem… it’s not that you can’t walk or run no more…

Posted by: GummyBearSummoner.7941

GummyBearSummoner.7941

I too just saw missing feet on my non sylvari characters . I am disappointed that I cannot enjoy wearing that outfit on any of my characters because of the missing feet. Although sylvari seem to not have that problem , it still is disappointing . I truly want to believe they will fix this issue but I have false hope.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I believe that, in the past at least, they have provided refunds to those who’ve submitted tickets. I frequently see posts to that effect, anyway. To be even-handed, it seems unlikely they set out to ruin cosmetic items. They’re not mind readers, and it is not hard to submit a ticket. Ergo, it does not seem like an undo burden to expect people whose aesthetics clash with the revised item to let them know.

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

If it’s anything like the scaling issues with the halo tonics then they’ll just let people wear themselves out till the problem goes away. It’s kinda what they do. I hope I’m wrong though and they fix this stuff for you guys.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Calm down… they’ll fix it soon i’m sure… it’s just a visual problem… it’s not that you can’t walk or run no more…

How long have we been waiting? Its bad enough that the “fix” for a technical problem produces BIGGER technical problems then the original. Which constantly blows my mind how something like that could had gotten past QA. And its not the first time something of this level of implied incompetence has happened either.

Normally I wouldn’t this hung up on it, had it not been for the fact that things can go “years” without fixes because they’re too afraid to touch something. So many Orr events have been broken since year 1, and of the things they did change, none that I’ve seen shown they had thoughtfully modified the event scripting. Even the Grenth fight is just changing the properties of a single Debuff. And they plugged the hole in the Grenth farm by “inserting” a new script between 2 existing events in the chain.

Cerpin.9152

I wish we knew, whether they are even trying or considering to restore the old aesthetic somehow or if they are just looking at the other fails involving this outfit.
I don’t really care that much for my gems or disappearing feet … but I’m still kind of heartbroken about losing my perfect new look.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Still waiting for a fix on this.

Or honestly, devs, just revert it. It’s ok, you tried, we get it, your artists and modelers didn’t understand what to do. Just revert it, let it clip, that’s better than this and if this is the alternative we have, I’d rather have my clipping outfit back. :S

<— severely disappointed

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

So what’s the big deal with this extremely underwhelming lvl1 armor looking armor skin anyway? This was one of the most basic crap armors as monk in gw1, so why do ppl bother here. It looks kitten even if they fix every bit of it. Also, the females had pants. I’d rather want to see the labyrinthine armor – that was a cool armor:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gallery_of_female_monk_Labyrinthine_armor

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

So what’s the big deal with this extremely underwhelming lvl1 armor looking armor skin anyway?

Probably because they ask 10$/10€ for it and when turns out is has horrible clipping they just make it worse and move on to the next one. Not the first time it happened. And probably not the last because “what’s the big deal”.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Yeah of course, but I don’t get why people buy this starter armor from GW1 for 10€. Yeah tastes are different but this is so tasteless and boring. There’s nothing special about it besides nostalgia.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Same reason why people are so hyped about wings I guess.

I have no idea.

Cerpin.9152

Sure, it’s a matter of taste. If your idea of cool is flames and spikes and edges all over, then this is pretty boring. Some people appreciate a more natural or casual look though.

In my case, I also wasn’t crazy about this outfit on first look.
But I really like the long ribbons on the sleeves and how they flow when your character runs. My thief also wears the windcatcher and the tempest shortbow, so it fit perfectly for a “windy” theme.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

So what’s the big deal with this extremely underwhelming lvl1 armor looking armor skin anyway? This was one of the most basic crap armors as monk in gw1, so why do ppl bother here. It looks kitten even if they fix every bit of it. Also, the females had pants. I’d rather want to see the labyrinthine armor – that was a cool armor:

actually it’s based on the Elite Woven armor.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Monk_Elite_Woven_armor_f.jpg

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: Christina.7926

Christina.7926

So what’s the big deal with this extremely underwhelming lvl1 armor looking armor skin anyway? This was one of the most basic crap armors as monk in gw1, so why do ppl bother here. It looks kitten even if they fix every bit of it. Also, the females had pants.

actually it’s based on the Elite Woven armor.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Monk_Elite_Woven_armor_f.jpg

Yeah. I worked mad hard to get that elite armor in GW1 – and I was looking forward to it in GW2 when I saw the data mine. Then I realized it was just another costume. And then I saw how their patches screwed over my guildy, and how they still haven’t fixed it. Plenty of reason for people to be upset.

Bump fixing the Monk Outfit?