in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

“Just put some fire on it…”

Flamekissed: Before and After

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

So awesome to see that I still can’t clothe my female characters in light armor NORMAL looking pants.

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

The hair style that character has who’s wearing the new flame kissed… I want it please.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Posted by: Battledoll.1803

Battledoll.1803

Considering the medium and heavy were re-skinned, the light has to be a re-skinned as well otherwise there will be another uproar. Not too bad but does it worth 800 gems?

Posted by: Panteri.4073

Panteri.4073

And they even made it worse, GG.

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

They made it look horrible. I want my old skin back.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

I’m laughing at the number of people complaining that “it’s a re-skin” or “why another re-skin, why isn’t this more creative”…. when all three Flamekissed armor sets were always a re-skin to begin with… XD

This actually looks pretty nice. I didn’t get the original one because I didn’t have a character it would work for, but if I decide to make an ele in the future, I might.
Unless all my money gets wasted on BL chests because those Lovestruck weapons are just so awesome… __
Nice job, Anet!

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

and GG, you got my money, sold me the promise of one thing, eventually gave me something that doesnt even compare, and you are probably legally firewalled somewhere in the middle of the EULA against giving proper refunds for bait and switch schemes via the gem store.

If it was a bait-and-switch scheme, they’d had the new flamekissed ready to go when they first released all three armor sets.

And the catch to “proper refunds” is this : when you buy gems, you agree there is no refund for them (barring billing errors).

Buying the flamekissed was a separate purchase – one done not with cash but gems. And you are getting a full gem refund if you ask for it now.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I’m laughing at the number of people complaining that “it’s a re-skin” or “why another re-skin, why isn’t this more creative”…. when all three Flamekissed armor sets were always a re-skin to begin with… XD

This actually looks pretty nice. I didn’t get the original one because I didn’t have a character it would work for, but if I decide to make an ele in the future, I might.
Unless all my money gets wasted on BL chests because those Lovestruck weapons are just so awesome… __
Nice job, Anet!

In the other forum someone was complaining how this new version is just a copy-paste of feathered set and that he wants a refund.

Of course, he conveniently ignores that the original flamekissed was also a copy-paste, so why did you buy it?!

Talk about hypocrisy!

If you’re going to hate on an item, at least be honest for the reason. Just don’t throw random phrases and sentences around without thinking

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

and GG, you got my money, sold me the promise of one thing, eventually gave me something that doesnt even compare, and you are probably legally firewalled somewhere in the middle of the EULA against giving proper refunds for bait and switch schemes via the gem store.

If it was a bait-and-switch scheme, they’d had the new flamekissed ready to go when they first released all three armor sets.

And the catch to “proper refunds” is this : when you buy gems, you agree there is no refund for them (barring billing errors).

Buying the flamekissed was a separate purchase – one done not with cash but gems. And you are getting a full gem refund if you ask for it now.

Maybe, either way… no real money, account can be deleted because I can’t put faith in them anymore, gl

Posted by: Taterz.1706

Taterz.1706

Still no refund for me yet, Filled a support ticket asked for the gems and 6 splitters. It’s the least they could do.

Swisstony – Elementalist
I Swisstony ! – Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/swisstony239

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

I’m guessing you filed it this morning? Give them a chance to get to it :p

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Well I want a refund.
That chest piece is horrible.

Who do you contact to get a refund?

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

Posted by: Taterz.1706

Taterz.1706

I’m guessing you filed it this morning? Give them a chance to get to it :p

Filled it straight after the patch when i logged in. Which is later afternoon here.

Swisstony – Elementalist
I Swisstony ! – Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/swisstony239

Vol.7601

Maybe, either way… no real money, account can be deleted because I can’t put faith in them anymore, gl

Alrightey, GL and HF

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Glad it was changed, finally. No one deserves what is basically human t3 armor for a fraction of the cost.

I’d posit that no one deserves to be baited and switched too…

But I don’t think it should have stayed t3 cultural… I just think it was a really awful thing to do to customers who paid to support their game.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

I saw the armor and it made me want to puke. Never has there been a more disgusting set. Hang your heads in shame Anet. Hang ’em!

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

They could have at least asked the community’s opinion on the new skin before implementing.

I would like a refund but I would also like my old phoenix skin back that I skinned over, is this possible?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Glad it was changed, finally. No one deserves what is basically human t3 armor for a fraction of the cost.

T3 is already a fraction of the cost of what it used to be. To make it fair to those who bought the set at the start, the price of T3 should inflate with the current gem market, which would make it well over 3k gold.

So?

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Kinda funny these new armors are just reskins of what Kobra and Rioter said.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

The new armor skin looks way better than how it used to be,i like it.GJ Anet.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

What happens to the 20G worth of armour that you placed the Flamekissed on to? Does that get refunded too?

I’m happy with mine, but it would be good to know.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve been checking the new Flamekissed in game, having held onto a set in anticipation. I don’t really like the female version because it’s missing some of the delicate detail the original had and the flames seem less well integrated. It doesn’t really suit my clothes horse because of the way the flames work, and is too revealing for my elegant noblewoman.

The male version will be great for my guild leader’s elementalist alt, though.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

To those who have been refunded, what happened to the items? Did they change to a generic skin? Or just stayed the same?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I’d posit that no one deserves to be baited and switched too…

But I don’t think it should have stayed t3 cultural… I just think it was a really awful thing to do to customers who paid to support their game.

Then it’s a good thing that no one was baited and switched!
See how it all worked out in the end?

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

Thanks for posting. It looks like re-skinned feathered armor.

It is, just with flames on.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

J Eberle.9312

It really hasn’t ‘worked out in the end.’

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Any word on them giving cash refunds for those who bought gems specifically for the Flamekissed? I didn’t personally, just curious how they are handling this.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The glow is nice, but the fluffy design, robe with tail and transparent chest piece are not to my taste at all.

Asked for a refund. Pretty mad I’ll have to go back to the armor I had 3 months ago. I would have prefer having the choice to keep what I paid for.

Posted by: artsed.9702

artsed.9702

T3 is already a fraction of the cost of what it used to be. To make it fair to those who bought the set at the start, the price of T3 should inflate with the current gem market, which would make it well over 3k gold.

So?

You might wanna check your math… The gold/gem conversion has inflated in favour of gems, yes, but it’s not 30x what it used to be.

The whole situation is frustrating, but a lot of people are forgetting that there were multiple valid arguments against using the previous skin for the Flamekissed armor, and it wasn’t all just QQing. It wasn’t just that it’s cheaper than t3 cultural, but also just the fact in itself that a piece of the in-game aesthetics that made humans unique from other races was copy/pasted onto every race.

I think they should have kept using the same mesh, but they needed to strongly rework the armor so it didn’t look almost exactly the same. They did it all the time in GW1, I’m not sure why it’s so obvious when the game designers reuse meshes in GW2. Whoever’s designing their gem-store releases just doesn’t have the touch, I guess.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Hmm…I’m tempted by this armor. kitten …I’d thought my Phoenix armor would be it for my ele…

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

Why could not they not just of kept the two skins separate -.-

Vol.7601

For female humans I think the change is real nice, but yes, you can come across dye problems.

Oh well. This change was caused by the players for the players. There was bound to be disastified individuals.

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

QQ more….

must really everyone who dislikes the new version must create now their own thread to QQ out their disappointed souls ???

Get your refund if you don’t like it by making a Support Ticket. And finish!
Anet surely won’t change the Design of that Armor again now, so its totally senseless to make up for an outrage now….

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

I’m so glad someone started a positive thread for the change.

I also like the change and I am very tempted to get this for one of my characters. I didn’t want the T3 Human are since I thoguht it would be funny on my sylvari or norn (not sure yet which to get it for).

Edit: Threads got merged. So much for having a positive thread then.

(edited by Shades.4572)

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

It isn’t the same topic. It’s a request to see people’s before and after.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

….Isn’t that a reskin of Feathered armor? They replaced a reskin with another reskin? Wow, they are stubborn.

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

Vol.7601

….Isn’t that a reskin of Feathered armor? They replaced a reskin with another reskin? Wow, they are stubborn.

That was only a minor complaint.

The real issue from the Q.Q’ers was the fact that it reskinned T3 armor, which allowed all other races to access it.

Posted by: BlackyWarsX.5384

BlackyWarsX.5384

Are you serious? All of the flame-something-armor is a reskin of another skin o.O
If they came with something new, they had to rework the other sets as well… oh my, people here just want to complain.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Hahaha you guys…

Either Anet accidentally forgot to disable placeholder graphics or they are trolling us.

Original flamekissed was removed because it was just an existing skin that was reskinned, now they release the “new” flamekissed with is just an existing skin that’s been reskinned?

Anet must be laughing their kitten s off.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Here are mine. For some reason with the new set my dye channels have some dyes in them I don’t even own, oxblood and midnight red. I’m on the fence right now about it as there seems to be a lot less detail in the new set like around the waist area and such. I’m not exactly thrilled that it is a reskin of feathered since we were told the new set would be really nice. I guess by ‘really nice’ I was assuming it would be a completely different skin from existing ones but I know what they say about assuming.

Attachments:

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

It is a good thing they changed it, it was way way too much like the cultural armor. They should just have made this new one from the start.

I understand that it is annoying and what not, I can see why it is upsetting. But that does not change my previous statement, there is no way it would be acceptable to keep it the way it was.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

Hahaha you guys…

Either Anet accidentally forgot to disable placeholder graphics or they are trolling us.

Original flamekissed was removed because it was just an existing skin that was reskinned, now they release the “new” flamekissed with is just an existing skin that’s been reskinned?

Anet must be laughing their kitten s off.

No it was replaced because it was a reskin of cultural armor.
We are aware that the “new” one is also a reskin.

Posted by: Bankai.3749

Bankai.3749

Anet took a lot of time to change the armor, and they dropped complete garbage to their customers… as a customer who used real money to purchase gems IN ORDER to get the armor I should be entitled to my money back instead of gems, but i guess i am just going to get the run-around by customer support or on the forums with Anets contracts… now I feel like playing a different game. Tera online anyone?

Legends Never [DIE]
Sanctum Of Rall: Ehmry Bay: Sea Of Sorrows

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

Are you serious? All of the flame-something-armor is a reskin of another skin o.O
If they came with something new, they had to rework the other sets as well… oh my, people here just want to complain.

So we can agree that there is a lot of recycling of skins going on. That’s good.

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

J Eberle.9312

Give us a free abyss dye so we can actually make this skin set look somewhat decent.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

My female asura:

Attachments:

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: BlackyWarsX.5384

BlackyWarsX.5384

So we can agree that there is a lot of recycling of skins going on. That’s good.

that’s why I didn’t bother buying them :P

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

From the back :

Attachments:

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall