Flamekissed: Before and After

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Give us a free abyss dye so we can actually make this skin set look somewhat decent.

That’s what I’m saying…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: SkySand.2480

SkySand.2480

Both versions on female charr:

Attachments:

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

Paying for recycled skins.

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

They should be changing the medium flame kissed too. It’s the same as the set people spend a lot of badges on in WvW. Now all the PvE noobs have it and with a flame added.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Oh well I’ll just use my replacement gems for the Quaggan finisher.

:D

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: messiah.6158

messiah.6158

I hte this armorskin, i rewant my old armor trasmuted, it’s possible?

Iki Messiah -Mesmer- Commander -ASFP General Commander [Piken Square]

Posted by: messiah.6158

messiah.6158

i hate this, it’s possible have back my old skin trasmuted?

Iki Messiah -Mesmer- Commander -ASFP General Commander [Piken Square]

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

It actually looks better. Oh and learn to use some other dyes besides abyss and celestial people.

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

I think the change is pretty good, all things considered. Of course it was going to be a reskin – the other flamekissed sets were as well. And hey, any more mileage for one of the few revealing light armour sets for male characters gets my vote :P Although I’d prefer new sets to be made to that effect.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Abyss dye?!?! NO! Don’t waste your money. The BEST color for this, to bring out all the subtle details, is Lava. One of my guildies changed their dye channels all to lava color, and you’d think he used several different dyes. Wish I had screenies to post, but I didn’t think to take any for this post.

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

First of all, I’m surprised how many people are complaining this is a reskin. I just don’t even know what to say… when I knew they wanted to change it from the T3 cultural, I figured they would probably use the Feathered set or Winged set.

I’m quite glad they changed it, put me in with those people that hated the idea of cultural armors across different races… and I play a norn.

But I think this one looks fantastic!! Also like that we finally see some more revealing male armor. I may buy it for my raven-shaman norn ele.. the only thing that is stopping me is that she is an alt I hardly play. Would look perfect, but not sure I can justify the gems, especially considering she is in T3 now.

I main a ranger, too bad the medium set is horrible. But hey… c’est la vie, not going to go on a rampage. Just not going to buy it of course.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Posted by: Skagrad.3542

Skagrad.3542

Before and after, back to my good ol’ non fiery T3

Attachments:

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Here’s another female Charr in the new one, with Cherry Dye added to the preview. Also the male human preview, using Cherry and Redemption. I note that there is a slight difference from Feathered Pants, in that the skirt edge is now tattered rather than hemmed.

Attachments:

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So it took this long to make a reskinned version of the feathered set! Seriously!

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I dyed mine all black, so it looks ok. I just wish they had chose the Winged set instead.
=(

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

“Just put some fire on it…”

Don’t you know anything? Setting things on fire ALWAYS makes it better! :p

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I know it’s all personal opinion, but I think the new one is better. I’m speaking as someone who did not get the original, but I honestly like the new one. Do remember that you can get a refund if you don’t like the new skin. And also realize that the medium and heavy armors are also reskins of other in-game armor, so don’t be all shocked they did the same here with the new light armor.

If I had gems I would actually be tempted to buy the new set, so thumbs up to ANet.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

After some more playing around, it is definitely a step down from what it was.

It still works with Midnight Fire on a Sylvari, which is a plus I guess. I’m guessing that would be brown on humans and norn though.

Replacing the horrid and seemingly half-finished mask fixes the worst of it.

But the boots look like she is going fishing. They’re the same size as the Flame Legion light armor boots and, in previews at least, the Flame Legion boots look better.

Attachments:

(edited by Thelgar.7214)

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

So it took this long to make a reskinned version of the feathered set! Seriously!

Right, because I’m sure the artists had nothing else to do already before they had to add “re-do Flamekissed” tossed on their plate.

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

Deal with it. It suits the other armors now just the same. They intend for it to be a balanced set. The first one was way OP in looks.. Apparently Anet can’t do that with all… unfortunately. As most of us know the Medium/Heavy are not very appealing either.. The one they added now blends in with the set lol.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Ouch, definitely not as nice as the T3 cultural.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I like the new version better.

Hope those who don’t can get a satisfactory refund.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

they should just make amends by adding the flamekissed mask as a light armor skin for 150 gems

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Macondo.4827

Macondo.4827

refund please

Attachments:

Alicia Kingsleigh – Blackgate.
PRX – MoAR – PEW

(edited by Macondo.4827)

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

Well… this is the armor set I had before I bought the t3 version of Flamekissed, so… not impressed. I’ll take some comparison pics once my client is patched.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The skirt looks good on my Sylvari, I’ll likely give it to her. I was going to get a screen of the effect with her dyes but, well, game says lol no game for you right now.

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

Hopefully we can now move on with original and high quality armor releases~

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

@Thelgar: I was just getting ready to recommend people look into Midnight Fire dye for this set and then scrolled up a couple and saw you agree looks pretty nice on female Asura mesmer with Midnight Fire imo also a few of the Molten dyes look pretty good for this set as well.

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I do not understand why take an existing skin, and put another texture …

lack of inspiration? why not put a rather gw1 skin?

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I think part of the problem here is that when it was announced that the original set would be redone people that were unhappy that they bought gems to get it, bought dyes to go with it and so forth were told that the new set would be ‘really nice’. Granted that perspective of the new set is subjective, I think many people thought the new set would be original. Instead it is just the feathered set with flames on it and not original at all. Of course refunds are available (well you can get your gems back but not actual money or gold spent on dyes and such used to compliment it) but it is kind of a slap in the face that the new set isn’t original art. This has been one of the biggest messes I’ve seen since I started playing and it seems that it was just given into slap some flames on it and let customer service sort it out.

The Burninator

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

that’s not fair, i feel bad for the programmer.. it’s not uncomman to modify and they did a good job too.. how were they supposed to know people were going to go ‘argumentative’ about a modification to a set that was available for a Year…

i’ve lost hundreds of gold when availability/value of things in this game have changed Overnight.. i try to be considerate in a manner that i wouldn’t hold it against anyone if liadri came back nerfed, or {i’m norn} if more people wore Eir Stegalkin armor..

at the very least the new flamekissed mask does what it is designed to do..
i really feel sorry for the programmers sometimes, and Some of the player base

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: sorka.6920

sorka.6920

Seriously?

You said that the old version looks like another set, so you removed it from the shop and now… you replace it with another witch looks like another set again and with low details, feathered one…

You simply forced us to use different armor than we bought… so basicaly I have something I did not WANT to buy.

I expected another solution for this… I hoped, all of us who already bought this armor gona have same skin as before and you’ll add new one for others who are intersted in it. I don’t think this is adequate for us – players.

ronpierce.2760

This just in!

Marvel in these new armor sets forged by the sun god’s themselves. These reclaimed artifacts will dazzle allies and enemies alike in their brilliance. Each god-touched piece of perfection radiates in golden glitters of purified magic, of which, only a god can harness it’s power…. it’s might… it’s beauty. Are you prepared to become a Sun God..?

Introducing… Sun Blessed light armor woven entirely from light… Sun Hide medium armor stitched together by the flesh of fallen sun gods… and Living Sun Plate, armor forged from liquid sun to create an impenetrable barrier between the soul of the wearer and the wicked world that surrounds them.

For only 800 gems per piece, you can bask in the glory. Once you’ve obtained all 6 pieces, you obtain the title “Sun God”.

Attachments:

(edited by ronpierce.2760)

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I think it still looks great, although not as great. From the screenshots, on Charr it’s even better imo. But again it’s personal taste. Hope those who don’t like the new skin get a smooth refund.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I do not understand why take an existing skin, and put another texture …

lack of inspiration? why not put a rather gw1 skin?

Designing armor is tricky. You need to account for the several possibilities that you come across – all races and sizes and the corresponding clipping issues.

By using an already-tested armor mesh, they are able to release the product quicker. All they would have to do is animate and design the ‘flame’ portions.

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Thank you Anet for another copy paste.

Seriously, I was waiting very anxious to buy an incredible equipment designed using flames, especially after that long discussion for copying this item from humans. But now, this set proved to be another copy paste from feathered set, with flames bursting imprecisely (over the armor).

It is much easier to get this set in PvE or PvP.

Personally I do not feel motivated to buy this set, simply because it does not show any inspiration and creativity from the design team. I do not wish to criticize any designer, but let’s be real and serious, and let’s just see things as they are.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They scrapped a very nice set and replaced it with another one that is also nice. Why not just give us the choice between both sets, or sell that one separately? After all we paid for it so what’s the big scandal? Sell both sets on the store, and the old light Flamekissed only for humans.

At least for humans we should be able to use the improved Flamekissed version of the cultural version.

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

I agree it was a terrible idea to have a re-skin of a T3 Cultural Armor available on the Gem Store. However, I think the new armor looks like crap. To be fair though, I think the Heavy and Medium particle-spam armors look like crap too. I’m unimpressed by re-skins in general, especially when they’re set at the same price as brand new stuff (which is already miserably overpriced for one-use skins), but these were all especially ugly, in my opinion.

Like you care.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

that’s not fair, i feel bad for the programmer.. it’s not uncomman to modify and they did a good job too.. how were they supposed to know people were going to go ‘argumentative’ about a modification to a set that was available for a Year…

i’ve lost hundreds of gold when availability/value of things in this game have changed Overnight.. i try to be considerate in a manner that i wouldn’t hold it against anyone if liadri came back nerfed, or {i’m norn} if more people wore Eir Stegalkin armor..

at the very least the new flamekissed mask does what it is designed to do..
i really feel sorry for the programmers sometimes, and Some of the player base

First thing first, I don’t think, and hope, ANet is not using programmers to design an armor skin.

Second, they could let first buyers, before the big whinestorm, hold their old skins. They didn’t do that. They promised a new skin and a refund. I, personally, hoped a better skin than old Flamekissed skin after so many discussions in here. Instead, they came up with the ugliest thing I can ever imagine. They HAD TO design a better skin (as better as old one); however, they gave us another reskin. I will repeat myself “Whoever did this reskin needs to be fired.”

As one individual, I won’t give one, single cent to this game in future. Because, a third person can whine harder and your money will be wasted.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

This just in!

Marvel in these new armor sets forged by the sun god’s themselves. These reclaimed artifacts will dazzle allies and enemies alike in their brilliance. Each god-touched piece of perfection radiates in golden glitters of purified magic, of which, only a god can harness it’s power…. it’s might… it’s beauty. Are you prepared to become a Sun God..?

For only 800 gems per piece, you can bask in the glory. Once you’ve obtained all 6 pieces, you obtain the title “Sun God”.

lmfao priceless

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

Obviously the new skin is much uglier than the previous especially the male version of it! But I see no reason to complain even if it is a re-skin if you don’t like it don’t buy it

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Posted by: xizenroku.8930

xizenroku.8930

I don’t really care for the new re-skin but I want to know why the helm, shoulders, gloves, and boots are account bound while the chest and pants aren’t. I want to put it on my ele human because I don’t like it on my sylvari but it was on my Mesmer sylvari first.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

This just in!

Introducing… Sun Blessed light armor woven entirely from light… Sun Hide medium armor stitched together by the flesh of fallen sun gods… and Living Sun Plate, armor forged from liquid sun to create an impenetrable barrier between the soul of the wearer and the wicked world that surrounds them.

LOL!! I’ll take 2 of each! This is hilarious….

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

And now here we go with the other side of the Flamekissed debacle…

Round two coming up folks! Fresh popcorn and hot dogs here!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

And now here we go with the other side of the Flamekissed debacle…

Round two coming up folks! Fresh popcorn and hot dogs here!

Here is the first round for those that missed it. 45 pages.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Merged-Cultural-Human-T3-Not-Exclusive/first

The Burninator

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

Ok, yeah. I’m ordering a refund. This set just doesn’t work at all in comparison to why I bought the old one. There’s too many large flames going on (I didn’t want to look like I was literally on fire) and once again most of my skin aside from my torso is covered. The old armor was much more streamlined and smooth looking, and the flames were very subtle. Also, this new armor doesn’t work with my gas mask.

Edit: For god’s sake, the icons and item picture in the gem store are still for the old set. Really good double checking, guys.

Attachments:

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

(edited by Golgathoth.3967)

ronpierce.2760

And for those who just LOVE reskins, like me, support me by adding your votes to them giving us Sun-God Armor here! Lets make our dreams a reality, haters gon’ hate.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Idea-Sun-God-Armor/first#post3593188

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

This just in!

Please stop giving them ideas

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Pharoahe.4598

Pharoahe.4598

I’m laughing at the number of people complaining that “it’s a re-skin” or “why another re-skin, why isn’t this more creative”…. when all three Flamekissed armor sets were always a re-skin to begin with… XD

This actually looks pretty nice. I didn’t get the original one because I didn’t have a character it would work for, but if I decide to make an ele in the future, I might.
Unless all my money gets wasted on BL chests because those Lovestruck weapons are just so awesome… __
Nice job, Anet!

Old one was much better! People didn’t buy this new ugly god awful thing they bought the old one!

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Should I have voted with my wallet for a retexture of feathered? No.
Should I have voted with my wallet for other content that ANet continues to push out? Yes, they do ultimately deserve my support.
Do I like the look of the skin (even though the alt it now features on was already wearing feathered)? Hell yes.

Really though ANet, I think this would have been more acceptable in the 400-600 gem range. 800 is asking a bit much when the other armor weights got full models.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working