Flamekissed: Before and After

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Why don’t they just give us our gems back instead of giving us a crappy skin?
The flame texture is streched way far, so it looks very pixelated.
Like some one wants the new horrible one. lol

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

ponders

Anyone got a picture of this on a human female dyed midnight red by chance?

I’m actually not fond of feathered armor (no idea why), but this might be alright in the right colors I suppose. I still sort of preferred the t3 version of it…oh well..

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

ponders

I’m actually not fond of feathered armor (no idea why), but this might be alright in the right colors I suppose. I still sort of preferred the t3 version of it…oh well..

Give me a couple minutes and I’ll set that up for you…

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

First it was rage how the first one was terrible and now the second one is terrible. Can’t win.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

The first one was too good was the complaint, not that it was terrible. Anet should have kept it in the TP.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

First it was rage how the first one was terrible and now the second one is terrible. Can’t win.

Well, they were both terrible for different reasons.

The first one was “terrible” because it was “stealing” an exclusive skin, because God forbid players not feel like quite as special of a unique little snowflake (for the record, that same fury was why previous buyers of the Flamekissed skin were simply NOT going to be allowed to keep what they had… it was an explicitly expressed demand of that first group of protesters).

The second one is “terrible” because people who liked the look of the first one had it changed to something they like a lot less. Now that second group of people are righteously kittened off and are setting the forums alight like the first group did earlier.

(edited by chemiclord.3978)

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

ponders

Here it is…

Attachments:

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

The only part of feathered armor I like is the chest – because it shows a bit of skin for male characters (and we don’t get much skimpy armor for the light armored male profession, so it’s a bit of a change!). I don’t like the new flamekissed skin at all.

I hope that Anet’s efforts into making the original tier 3 flamekissed skin can make a comeback (and I hope they don’t just chuck it out) in the form of upgraded human cultural tier 3 armor – for a price of course. That skin was so epic. I miss it already.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

I’m at work so I can’t see it in game on my giant Female Norn, but so far I’m disappointed. I’m trying to hold off on full on despair+refund mode until I see it live for myself and play with dyes, but I wish this had been Winged armor or something; Feathered was always one of my least favorites (except for the head piece). Wish we’d gotten to vote between a few choices. Please post more screen caps of various dyes :) maybe someone will come up with a winning combo? The wing design on the back looks cool, at least…

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

I had bought two sets. One for my Sylvari Elementalist, and the other for my Asura Necro.

I am keeping them both.

On my Sylvari I don’t like all six pieces, but I found I can mix and match my way into a nice looking outfit.

My Asura is wearing all the pieces and looks very adorable and evil all at the same time.

Whew. I am very glad this is all over.

Lisa-Needs to learn how to post post pictures.

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

lol reskin. and it took this long?

We’re lucky knock offs take longer. Yeah I feel so spoiled a re-skin for re-skin, what imagination. Knock offs $10.00 please, knock offs get them while they’re hot.

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

I’m at work so I can’t see it in game on my giant Female Norn, but so far I’m disappointed. I’m trying to hold off on full on despair+refund mode until I see it live for myself and play with dyes, but I wish this had been Winged armor or something; Feathered was always one of my least favorites (except for the head piece). Wish we’d gotten to vote between a few choices. Please post more screen caps of various dyes maybe someone will come up with a winning combo? The wing design on the back looks cool, at least…

Hugs. Do hold off on despair until you can see it for yourself, and play around with various dyes, and maybe play the mix and match game like I did. Remember if you have a mindset that you are going to hate something, you will hate it. And about the negative posts here…remember that everyone has different likes and dislikes.

Again…Hugs.

Lisa.

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

I wish it was winged set instead of feathered. Can you imagine that shoulder piece on fire?

Also winged is much closer in style to t3 cultural than feathered. Enough skin shown, embroided metalwork in bracers and footwear.

I was looking forward to see if i get the new skin for my fire ele. Guess i wont.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Lisa-Needs to learn how to post post pictures.

I agree, it’s pretty good on an Asura. I’m debating changing my mesmer’s look. To answer that part: Get a screenshot, preferably clipped down to the important part (Win7 has a Snip function you can put on your toolbar that is great for this).

Write a post. Click on More Options at the bottom below the text box, or if you already have it visible, click the Browse button. Select the file you want to post. It will appear when you post. If you want to do more than one picture, click Preview instead of Reply, and Browse again, rinse and repeat until you have all the images up you want.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

When are they going to redesign the medium armor?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

I’m at work so I can’t see it in game on my giant Female Norn, but so far I’m disappointed. I’m trying to hold off on full on despair+refund mode until I see it live for myself and play with dyes, but I wish this had been Winged armor or something; Feathered was always one of my least favorites (except for the head piece). Wish we’d gotten to vote between a few choices. Please post more screen caps of various dyes :) maybe someone will come up with a winning combo? The wing design on the back looks cool, at least…

Hugs. Do hold off on despair until you can see it for yourself, and play around with various dyes, and maybe play the mix and match game like I did. Remember if you have a mindset that you are going to hate something, you will hate it. And about the negative posts here…remember that everyone has different likes and dislikes.

Again…Hugs.

Lisa.

Thank you :) My reasons for disliking the pieces aren’t other people’s posts, though. I’ve always deeply disliked feathered (those shoulders especially, although the fire makes them a bit more tolerable). The legs and arms don’t show off my Norn’s tattoos the way the original Flamekissed/my old regular winged armor did, the feathers look more leafy than feathery, and I loathe the top with its weird high collar and long ruffled sleeves (what’s the point of awesome gloves when you can only see 1/4 of them? And my Ele would never wear those sleeves). I’m just not a fan of the overall aesthetic of feathered. It looks like someone turned a fountain or wall sconces into armor. Compare it to the sleek, well-themed look of the winged and it just pales in comparison, imo. The more pictures I see, the more sad I become to have lost what I originally paid for. IDK, I just need to walk away for a few hours, reel in my disappointment, and check it out in-game when I have a clearer head.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Zaoda.1653

I myself prefer the old tier 3 version, and we all know it won’t come back via the gemstore because of the ‘cultural armor’ aspect of it, but here’s what myself and a few others have proposed in the past, to make sure the old skin isn’t simply deleted and goes to the scrap heap of eternity – let’s make everyone happy:

The proposal

Allow the human cultural tier 3 vendor to offer ‘upgrades’ of the tier 3 skins. For tier 3 light armor, this would obviously include the original flamekissed light armor skin as an upgrade. Anet could decide on how much gold would be appropriate to upgrade any purchased t3 pieces, and Medium and Heavy tier 3 cultural armors should also get a flamekissed upgrade as well, so it’s fair.

So if you want the old flamekissed armor skin back, post below your desire to see it back via some other way, and let’s see how much it is loved :-P

Please no flaming/unnecessary posts too – let’s keep it civil

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

The reskin of feathered armor is now on the same level as the other two sets of flamed armor in the gem shop. They have now made all 3 reskins of other easily obtainable armor. As much as I feel for those who purchased the T3 set, I think this was more equitable than coming up with an entirely new set for light and not doing the same for medium and heavy.

I am not saying that people should be happy with the redesign and shut up about it. All I am saying is that the design they made is more in keeping with the design of the other two sets.

I am not a fan of the feathered set, however pieces of it make fine additions to other sets. Right now I wear Kasmeer’s top, feathered bottoms, and no shoulders showing. I think my shoes are human T2 or something like that… not really paid attention recently. It makes a fine mix and the overall look is more dignified than the feathered top, which is more suited to a burlesque show.

EDIT: I don’t think ANet should give splitters…from what I understand about them is that they return the original armor to it’s original skin, right? If it were me, I’d rather have Crystals so I could buy what I want and re-skin.

Level 80 Elementalist

(edited by Ashabhi.1365)

chemiclord.3978

Oh please, for the love of GOD… don’t head down that dark road to the abyss.

Many have tried to take that path… they were never the same after the creatures of the dark (I call them the Exclusives) ripped into their flesh and tore out their bones.

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

I disagree. Allow all cultural t3 vendors to offer upgrades on all t3 skins.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Nope. HT3 owners wanted it gone so it should be gone for good. HT3 owners had a chance to have it as well via the gem store but they argued that it should go away completely due to exclusivity. If you want armor with flames you buy what they offer now on the gem store. Bottom line. Armor with flames is now a perk for those of us that buy gem store armors. If they start offering it to cultural armor wearers it would be a slap in the face to gem store customers. It would negate the exclusivity of the gem store flame armors (see how that works). Sorry for your luck but having it gone is what HT3 owners asked for to start with. You shouldn’t get the best of both worlds.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Zaoda.1653

Oh please, for the love of GOD… don’t head down that dark road to the abyss.

Many have tried to take that path… they were never the same after the creatures of the dark (I call them the Exclusives) ripped into their flesh and tore out their bones.

I take that as a no? I think? :-/ not sure what you mean sorry.

I think this thread will help to find an estimate of how many want the old skin back

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Well, I DO want it back. But I know it’s not going to happen… Instead I just posted my next armor skin idea for the Devs.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Idea-Sun-God-Armor/first#post3593742

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

If they did Human Light only, people would flip out. If they did all three Human T3s only, people would flip out. But if they did 14 new T3 re-skins with flame effects on every race’s cultural armor… it would be a tremendous waste of time and resources, and different people would flip out.

The original flamekissed armor was a mistake in every observable respect. Withdrawing it is the only gem store decision I’ve agreed with in over a year.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

EDIT: I don’t think ANet should give splitters…from what I understand about them is that they return the original armor to it’s original skin, right? If it were me, I’d rather have Crystals so I could buy what I want and re-skin.

Coming from someone who doesn’t have to buy another set of Tier 3 Cultural to get their preferred skin back, since even splitters would just give me the base ascended crafted skins now, since I’ve upgraded my stats.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Yep, HT3 owners want them gone and that’s the reason it was pulled from sale. There is no way they will allow “some” players to keep it. Enjoy your burning feathered look.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: thartalion.2756

thartalion.2756

At first i was very displeased with this situation, but now i guess i can deal with it. I’ll keep the bottom/boots, i don’t need the rest.

Attachments:

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

No, I do not want ‘upgrades’ to that armor to come back. T3 is beautiful as it is, and all cultural armor should stay strictly restricted to the race for which it was designed. Besides, your proposed solution has a significant dev’ time associated with it (developing multiple new armor sets), not to mention that for ‘fairness’ the same upgrade structure would have to apply to every other race… It’s just not feasible, sorry.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

Only if I get Norn tier 3 heavy on my human male! No deal otherwise!

Zaoda.1653

Nope. HT3 owners wanted it gone so it should be gone for good. HT3 owners had a chance to have it as well via the gem store but they argued that it should go away completely due to exclusivity. If you want armor with flames you buy what they offer now on the gem store. Bottom line. Armor with flames is now a perk for those of us that buy gem store armors. If they start giving it to cultural armor wearers it would be a slap in the face to gem store customers. It would negate the exclusivity of the gem store flame armors (see how that works). Sorry for your luck but having it gone is what HT3 owners asked for to start with. You shouldn’t get the best of both worlds.

Hmmm, I get what you mean by the gemstore skins and that if this were implemented it may demean the current skins and people may want a refund. I suppose it depends on what people like in terms of their own fashion or taste. For example, I thought the new lovestruck shield and hammer were the most elegant new black lion weapon skins, yet one of my friends thought they were hideous – so it’s personal taste I think, and those that would want refunds should be able to get them back if this were implemented.

The point about people wanting the cultural t3 flamekissed skin out and that it deserves to be deleted permanently, I think was the fact that people were angry you could purchase (what most people said to be) a better looking version of it for a lot cheaper than buying the normal t3 cultural human – it was 119g for the normal version or something like 80g (at the time, anyway) for a fiery version that also any race could wear – defeating the purpose of ‘cultural’ armor.

With this suggestion however, you’re not only buying the full normal t3 cultural human pieces (a total of 119 gold), you would also be required to add a further large sum of money to upgrade them to the old flamekissed version (one would assume at least another 60 gold on top of that – although that final price would be up to Anet respectively). Therefore, I believe it wouldn’t demean the original skin at all, in fact I think it would only enhance it. What do you think?

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

ronpierce.2760

Females got kitten :P Feather looks better on males fo sho.

Attachments:

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

I had human T3 armor, and paid the gems for the ‘flame’ upgrade. I’ve since upgraded to ascended stats, and my armor now looks hideous. There goes another 119g for a second full light T3 set. Ahh well, at least I get my 800 gem refund, right? :-/

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

Posted by: Karalaza.6021

Karalaza.6021

the male version – seems that anet doesn’t want only the females to be kittenty…

ronpierce.2760

the male version – seems that anet doesn’t want only the females to be trampy…

that isn’t the feather chest piece, but it’s pretty skimpy too. Just wasn’t feeling it.

JustTrogdor.7892

I am not saying that people should be happy with the redesign and shut up about it. All I am saying is that the design they made is more in keeping with the design of the other two sets.

See the problem is they sold something to people and then issued a recall for lack of better words. They then told all these people that they sold this to that the remake would be ‘really nice’. Then they slapped flames on feathered armor and said, “here you go.”

Some people that made the initial purchase based on what was advertised spent real world money just to buy the gems to get it. Then they were told if you don’t like the remake there would be a gem refund. That’s nice and all but then when the rework comes through it appears, at least on the surface, to be a lazy ‘slap some flames on feathered armor’. I think many people, including myself, were thinking that after Anet sold us something we can’t keep they would at least put some original work into it. You know, to try to make customers happy.

I’m still on the fence as far as what I think of the new look. I don’t like it but I don’t hate it. Still it seems like it was just slopped together. Granted refunds are available but I would like to think after taking customers money and ‘recalling’ the item customers paid for, they would have at least tried to come up with something original. Yes people can get refunds but there is some inconvenience on behalf of the customer involved in that as well and some loss of customer trust after all of this.

The Burninator

chemiclord.3978

There is NO scenario in which a select group of people will not throw an unholy temper tantrum when it comes to cultural skins. They think they are pretty, unique little snowflakes and anything that makes them feel like they are the slightest bit less of a pretty, unique little snowflake will be met with violent, incendiary blowback.

Zaoda.1653

To clarify, I think the t3 human cultural flamekissed skin should be tied to the human race and not allowed to be worn on a different race. Each race would receive a different version of flamekissed depending on what their t3 cultural armor is.

JustTrogdor.7892

With this suggestion however, you’re not only buying the full normal t3 cultural human pieces (a total of 119 gold), you would also be required to add a further large sum of money to upgrade them to the old flamekissed version (one would assume at least another 60 gold on top of that – although that final price would be up to Anet respectively). Therefore, I believe it wouldn’t demean the original skin at all, in fact I think it would only enhance it. What do you think?

Nope, sorry. HT3 owners convinced Anet to make it go away. There are a lot of people that paid real world money for that skin only to have it taken away. It should stay gone. No flame skin for you. It’s only fair.

The Burninator

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

They then told all these people that they sold this to that the remake would be ‘really nice’.

Some players will think it’s really nice and some will not. All comes down to personal taste.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Only if I get Norn tier 3 heavy on my human male! No deal otherwise!

I would be fine if they make the cultural armors available for all races. I also don’t see a problem since we can use cultural weapons from other races. So i think one of the main reasons was maybe only that they don’t wanted to create all those Skins for Chars ..

There is also no real reason why armorsmiths from other races are unable to copy the design of armors from other races. Even not if you say its fantasy and not real live. Its just a piece of cloth, leather or metal.

On the other hand .. it also makes of course no sense that warriors can’t wear leather or whatever ..

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

JustTrogdor.7892

They then told all these people that they sold this to that the remake would be ‘really nice’.

Some players will think it’s really nice and some will not. All comes down to personal taste.

Of course. However, I know that the forums don’t speak for all but the feedback I have seen here so far is not so good. Also I feel that compared to the original it is weak sauce as far as details and such.

The Burninator

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I really think it would have been cooler, had they used the Winged Armor. It would look awesome if the designs on the clothing looked like they were etched in fire. =)

ronpierce.2760

I really think it would have been cooler, had they used the Winged Armor. It would look awesome if the designs on the clothing looked like they were etched in fire. =)

No, the wings don’t come extended on males. Would look terrible.

JustTrogdor.7892

I think it would have been cooler if after they sold a gem store amor set to people that they ‘recalled’ they would have come up with some original art instead of a reskin. You know, “Sorry we sold you a product you can’t keep. We appreciate your money so here is something original. If you still don’t like it we would be glad to give you a refund but we wanted you to know we at least tried to thank you for being a customer.”

The Burninator

chemiclord.3978

To clarify, I think the t3 human cultural flamekissed skin should be tied to the human race and not allowed to be worn on a different race. Each race would receive a different version of flamekissed depending on what their t3 cultural armor is.

Wouldn’t matter.

The moment you offer ANYTHING that they think is better than what they already have, they WILL lose their kitten, ESPECIALLY if you put a price tag on that improvement.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I think it would have been cooler if after they sold a gem store amor set to people that they ‘recalled’ they would have come up with some original art instead of a reskin. You know, “Sorry we sold you a product you can’t keep. We appreciate your money so here is something original. If you still don’t like it we would be glad to give you a refund but we wanted you to know we at least tried to thank you for being a customer.”

Heh, i fully expected them to do just that in order to minimize the disappointment. Instead they decided to go for a cheapest solution.

…actually, i’m not that surprised.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Just…. let…. it……… go.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Isnt that the tribal armor that was pvp only? o.O

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

JustTrogdor.7892

Heh, i fully expected them to do just that in order to minimize the disappointment. Instead they decided to go for a cheapest solution.

…actually, i’m not that surprised.

Well it’s too late now at this point. I’m afraid the new flamekissed is WYSIWYG. No matter how many people are unhappy with it they can’t make a 3rd change. It would just lead to more people complaining from those that liked FKv2.0

Actually I think they should not even offer FKv2.0 in the gem store now just for those that bought the original version and kept the remake. It would be a reward for buying gems when it was first offered.

It was a disaster from the start and now it’s just damage control I suppose. I will say that I am disappointed in how they dealt with the remake though.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

ronpierce.2760

Isnt that the tribal armor that was pvp only? o.O

Only the chest. It’s not a full set of feather fire stuff. (Missing chest and gloves. Gloves are very boring anyways)