Fractal levels above 30 to be reset?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

For every level above 30 that is wiped you get a bonus daily chest. Done is done.

a Bonus daily chest is nothing for ppl that invest Money and time worth of 2-3 legendaries back 2012 to get to scale 81 legit way rez orbs from shop… if they implement leaderboards they should have the true leaders on top or at least give us a 1 time Special reward for all that did get to scale 81 so they done scale 80 legitly and stuff and it Needs to be really Special to make up for the hours and Money spent
a daily chest is just a joke!

Good lord enough with the legendary analogy. There’s no comparison between the two so stop spewing this in every thread on this page.

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

and so what!? now everyone have to get everything in game!?, cant some stuff be “exclusive” for players that are more “hardcore” or that are more skilled?

That would be a throw back to what the game was advertised as. Horizontal progression where everything was available by playing how you want to play. The only thing that was supposed to be better about you was your skill, not your gear. Too bad most of the people that were looking for that type of game left after Lost Shores. But yeah it’d be nice to move back in that direction rather then the play on rails and pay to buy your “exclusive” like most did rather then earn it.

If they reset everyone to lvl 30, anyone that didn’t get to level 48 on at least 1 character by today should be reset to level 1. Because why just kitten off half of your community when you can kitten off all of them?

Also, it would give the people that are essentially laughing at us because they didn’t get 30+ and we did a taste of their own medicine.

Oh right, but it’s not the casuals you like to punish, it’s just the hard core players.

It’s as if you don’t even want people to play your game seriously.

Also, inb4 more pointless gear checks as opposed to skill checks.

I’d be fine with a full reset down to 1. I’m at 1 and yes I’m laughing! I may start actually playing fractals if they have decent rewards now.

Yes they have pretty much, not through their statements, but talk is cheap, through their actions shown they don’t want people to play their game.

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

shrug

Might as well just give out Fractal weapons, levels, and rewards on the Gemstore at this rate.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I may be at lvl 39 right now but because it’s going to be ACCOUNT wide now…I can overlook losing the levels. All in all I think the changes are good. Still shocked at the resetting to 30, but okay.

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

The Mai Trin fight? if it’s anything like what it was during the actual aetherblades in LA instance rangers will officially never again be welcome in any fractal party. The pet made placing mai into the dudes aoe all but impossible (yes, like jade maw it was a serious issue even while the thing was dead) and similarly the thing drew more aggro during the cannon barrage phase towards the ranger (again, pet dead or alive)… most of the rest seem to be decent changes but this seriously needs to be left out, or delete the ranger class from the game since even devs seem bent on designing things that exclude the class’s apparent core mechanic (that broke down pet that cant hunt and dont fetch)… if anything, i seriously hope they leave this bit out.

Posted by: Arc DLad.2194

Arc DLad.2194

This wasn’t the patch i was expecting….

yay 3 new fractals.
yay new reward drops atlast.
yay new end boss’s
yay a way of increasing agony past +5, finally i can get past the hard cap at 50 and get better odds at that fractal sword i’ve been working hard for months to get.

what your reseting my level back to 30 w.t.h oh wait your changed the mechanics and reward system, ok thats fine, what level can i get the sword.. level 10.. much easier i guess but what level is it easier to get it as a drop (currently 26+). what in the same prize pool as all the other drops permanantly, dropping the odds of getting it even more that it currently is……..
ok so your reseting the agony on ascended items, so what i spent those ectos to infuse items and your now just adding it……
so what you’ve said is 9 months, 400+ 28,38,48 daily runs. getting everything but what i entered the fractals to get (the sword) to show my prestige and you halve my level and don’t fix the unwanted weapon drop issue. are the new fractal weapons atleast kitten?

How does Treahern change a light bulb?
“commander can i have a word”

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

I agree – I am only level 52, but it’s very hard to get a group together for progression beyond 48.

There should be, at the very least, a title for people at the highest levels and another one for hitting all the achievements.

Seriously – how is “Volunteer” a title, but doing 500+ fractals is not?

Kilandros.2098

They are not punishing anyone.
And I would personally believe that the hardcore players would WELCOME the new changes, since they are quite clearly adding HARDCORE elements to lvl 31+, and based on the blog post it seems to be new different elements for ALL of the levels, so progressing through them does make sense, since one can assume that the elements will get harder and harder.

Yes they are. They are punishing us in multiple ways:

• All the effort we spent getting to higher levels wasted, without a compensation (or at least it seems that way). For **** sake, they reimbursed people who bought multiple gathering tools when they made them account bound, which was entirely their fault as well.
  • Making it an even bigger casual fest: Fractal weapons at lvl10? Screw that. Fractal weapons were the only skins in the game that actually had some sort of skill cap to them, even with the horrendous RNG. If anything, they should limit Fractal weapons to lvl30+ or even 40+. It should be harder to get them, not easier.
  • The account bound thing is kind of both ways. It’s a punishment in the sense that I basically wasted all my time leveling up my alts, but it’s good in the sense that after the update, it’s going to be account bound. I wonder if they’re making the dailies account bound though, because that would suck pretty hard and make the game even more alt-unfriendly.
  • They’ve basically ignored everything we’ve been saying for almost a year about Fractals, only to say ’don’t worry guys, we’ll revamp them soon’, having us all anticipated about this upcoming change, only to find out it’s going to screw us over worse than when they would have just left it alone.
  • They had 1 chance to show some love to their dedicated PvE community. What they basically did with this update is saying yeah, no, we don’t give a toss about you guys, go die in a fire and leave our game alone, we don’t want you here.

You’re overreacting to a lot of what’s happened, but you’re right that they should have given us a heads up a lot earlier that 1) Fractals were becoming account wide, 2) Fractals are being reset to 30, and 3) Fractal rewards are changing drastically.

That being said, a lot of players (like me, for example) stopped running Fractals months ago once we had finally had enough of the cost/benefit imbalance resulting in a lot of time and effort for very little payoff. These are overall good changes that will result in more players returning to a stagnant Fractal player base.

One point that you really need to stop championing is the lost 50+ progress. It was crystal clear to everyone that Anet was trying to prevent us from going above 50. You did so at your own risk betting that it would work to your advantage when they did open 50. Like any bet, there was a risk of loss. Don’t blame the house because you played those risks.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

So i responeded to this already but i gues i somehow insulted you so mod deleted it so here we go again.

In any serius PvP game out there it doesnt take over a year for 3 ppl to get to rank 70 when max is rank 80 just so they could get rested.
And how is doing only odd lvls fotm and exploit pls explain that to me?
Well if it wasent an impressive accomplishment what was it then as far as i know most ppl dont even have 48 and like seriusly little amount of ppl got to lvl 80 so if that wasent an impressive accomplishment in this game what is it then give me an example in this game?
Also mod if you have time to delet posts can you call us a dev to give us some explanation here?

Serious PvP games have rating systems that are not based on progression levels, because progression levels are basically a count of days played, not of player skill. It’s not an apples to apples comparison, which is what I was getting at (since the post I replied to referenced resetting PvP and WvW ranks, which is something that should happen on a per season basis because PvP is not about progression, it is about competition).

The exploit is used to get around the lack of Agony Resistance. They designed the fractals to require a certain amount that was unobtainable which should have capped the progress. Instead, players found ways to avoid the AR altogether which allowed them to bypass the AR cap and reach levels that were not intended.

It’s not particularly impressive because:
1. It requires an exploit and
2. The “difficulty” is offset by gear (making it simply a day counter, nothing more) since the only change is an increase in Agony that is mitigated by more AR. Once you reach the AR cap, see point 1.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

For every level above 30 that is wiped you get a bonus daily chest. Done is done.

a Bonus daily chest is nothing for ppl that invest Money and time worth of 2-3 legendaries back 2012 to get to scale 81 legit way rez orbs from shop… if they implement leaderboards they should have the true leaders on top or at least give us a 1 time Special reward for all that did get to scale 81 so they done scale 80 legitly and stuff and it Needs to be really Special to make up for the hours and Money spent
a daily chest is just a joke!

Good lord enough with the legendary analogy. There’s no comparison between the two so stop spewing this in every thread on this page.

well there is fractals are reworked and legendaries are reworked.. diffrent aquisition of max lvl fractals and of legendary precursors..

first scale 81 fractals

Posted by: anonim.5932

anonim.5932

Plz change the agony resist system to be more like the one for luck. Account bound!

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

“As part of the introduction of leaderboards, everyone whose current personal reward level for the Fractals of the Mists is above 30 will be reset to 30”

Attachments:

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I think that setting fractal levels back to 30 was most likely the right decision. However, I do also think that players who has progressed passed 30 should be recompensed in some meaningful form.

NSPride <3

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

• All the effort we spent getting to higher levels wasted, without a compensation (or at least it seems that way). For **** sake, they reimbursed people who bought multiple gathering tools when they made them account bound, which was entirely their fault as well.
  • Making it an even bigger casual fest: Fractal weapons at lvl10? Screw that. Fractal weapons were the only skins in the game that actually had some sort of skill cap to them, even with the horrendous RNG. If anything, they should limit Fractal weapons to lvl30+ or even 40+. It should be harder to get them, not easier.
  • The account bound thing is kind of both ways. It’s a punishment in the sense that I basically wasted all my time leveling up my alts, but it’s good in the sense that after the update, it’s going to be account bound. I wonder if they’re making the dailies account bound though, because that would suck pretty hard and make the game even more alt-unfriendly.
  • They’ve basically ignored everything we’ve been saying for almost a year about Fractals, only to say ’don’t worry guys, we’ll revamp them soon’, having us all anticipated about this upcoming change, only to find out it’s going to screw us over worse than when they would have just left it alone.
  • They had 1 chance to show some love to their dedicated PvE community. What they basically did with this update is saying yeah, no, we don’t give a toss about you guys, go die in a fire and leave our game alone, we don’t want you here.

Why not wait & see what the changes are for yourself before complaining DOOM?

(edited by Moderator)

Dreamslayer.7659

It looks to me like the new fractal scale is 1 new level = 2.6 old levels.

People are annoyed that weapons will appear at level 10 – well, they currently appear at level 26 but the rate is super low – you have to run 38 and 48 to get consistent weapon skins.

I do think they should make fractal weapons able to be put in the forge – throw in 4 fractal weapon skins and get 1 random skin back. That would at least help those of us with multiple weapons we aren’t able to or interested in using.

Posted by: ozma.3498

ozma.3498

People who don’t think some kind of unique reward is justified should try to have some perspective. I’m having something that took literally hundreds of hours of my time removed from my account. I can’t even opt out of the leaderboards to keep my personal level. Hundreds of hours of effort is being removed, without anything I can do about it.

And the legendary comparison is completely valid. Ultimately what it comes down to is time invested → goal reached → result of goal being removed from your account. Getting fractal level 80 takes hundreds of hours – so does making a legendary. It confuses me why some people feel that one is no big deal while the other would be completely out of the question. They both take hundreds of hours – just because one is a skin and the other is a number doesn’t make it a completely different issue.

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Mine will be reduced to 30 too. But I don’t really mind. It should be matter of time to re-earn it. The fractals appear to be no longer the same and supposedly more challenging. The rewards of being above 30 are now brought down to lvl 10+, so I no longer have any incentive to insist on keeping on my current lvl. Maybe we should try the new 30+ and see how our 40+ and 50+ skills fare with the new ones.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Posted by: Dardevilmon.6702

Dardevilmon.6702

So i responeded to this already but i gues i somehow insulted you so mod deleted it so here we go again.

In any serius PvP game out there it doesnt take over a year for 3 ppl to get to rank 70 when max is rank 80 just so they could get rested.
And how is doing only odd lvls fotm and exploit pls explain that to me?
Well if it wasent an impressive accomplishment what was it then as far as i know most ppl dont even have 48 and like seriusly little amount of ppl got to lvl 80 so if that wasent an impressive accomplishment in this game what is it then give me an example in this game?
Also mod if you have time to delet posts can you call us a dev to give us some explanation here?

Serious PvP games have rating systems that are not based on progression levels, because progression levels are basically a count of days played, not of player skill. It’s not an apples to apples comparison, which is what I was getting at (since the post I replied to referenced resetting PvP and WvW ranks, which is something that should happen on a per season basis because PvP is not about progression, it is about competition).

The exploit is used to get around the lack of Agony Resistance. They designed the fractals to require a certain amount that was unobtainable which should have capped the progress. Instead, players found ways to avoid the AR altogether which allowed them to bypass the AR cap and reach levels that were not intended.

It’s not particularly impressive because:
1. It requires an exploit and
2. The “difficulty” is offset by gear (making it simply a day counter, nothing more) since the only change is an increase in Agony that is mitigated by more AR. Once you reach the AR cap, see point 1.

At first the cap was 80 not 50 they intreduced the 50 cap with the dc fix i thing no clue when that was so 80 isnt an exploit and rating and rank are 2 diferent things in pvp.Rating is based on your mmr which has nothing to do with rank you need rank to get better looking skins and finishers and titles and also they are reseting the mmr just for the record and just reseting rank after 1 year of biggest grind i have ever seen in any game is beep.Also if they didnt want us to do odd lvls why didnt they just hard cap them then to?
Also just becose you skiped maw(easiest fractal you could jsut go behind him before and kill tentacles) you think it makes all other fractals easier?Mobs on 70+(most of them and on 79 they all 1 shot you) 1 shot you no matter what class are you and getting pass 3 fractals like that takes no skill?
So if that isnt an an impressive accomplishment what is in this game you still didnt answered that 1.

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

They could easily reward the people who were resetted, with double reward chests in the end until they reach their former level. I guess that would make a lot of players happy, diminish the current anger and let people focus on effectively doing the new fractal challenges.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Fractal Progression Changes: The difficulty curve in fractals levels 1-30 is being adjusted, and fractals beyond level 30 will have new, special challenges. Every fractal players enter with a fractal level above 30 will have a special Mistlock Instability which will add new difficulties to that level or change how it is played.

Basically, anyone with levels beyond 30 didn’t get them using the soon to be newly added challenges. Yes, a lot of people simply kicked the Fractal’s buttocks up to this point, but now the training wheels come off. Surely those currently above level 30 are good enough to handle these new challenges and outpace the rest of us right back up there again, yes?

You’re losing the “credit” for doing them above 30 because they’re changing above 30. The past no longer applies.

This is so true, yet many in here do not realize it.

Posted by: Fox Soul.4809

Fox Soul.4809

Well… My semi-unique weapon skin will be highly common…
Some of us spent too much time running high lvl fractals ( 30+) and now, we only get a kick in our faces… Pls Anet, rethink this feature its really unfair for us.

Kilandros.2098

People who don’t think some kind of unique reward is justified should try to have some perspective. I’m having something that took literally hundreds of hours of my time removed from my account. I can’t even opt out of the leaderboards to keep my personal level. Hundreds of hours of effort is being removed, without anything I can do about it.

And the legendary comparison is completely valid. Ultimately what it comes down to is time invested -> goal reached -> result of goal being removed from your account. Getting fractal level 80 takes hundreds of hours – so does making a legendary. It confuses me why some people feel that one is no big deal while the other would be completely out of the question. They both take hundreds of hours – just because one is a skin and the other is a number doesn’t make it a completely different issue.

First of all, going from 30 to 48 is not losing “hundreds of hours,” so there’s that.

Secondly, I have no sympathy for anyone at level 80 Fractals. Anet made it quite clear they didn’t intend for us to progress past 50. You were essentially betting that Anet would one day open up 50+ and you would have an advantage. The flipside however was the risk that they would not and that would be wasted time. You made a risky bet that that progress was worth the time and you lost. It’s really that simple.

And no, the fact that Fractals and Legendaries both require a time commitment is not persuasive. Over the course of my life I have spent a great deal of time in the bathroom, but I don’t consider that time equal to time spent, say, at a job. The mere fact that two things both occupy time does not make them the same. In Fractals I could spend a lot of time being carried by my group to higher levels. With Legendaries I could spend very little time converting my RL cash to gems to gold. They are different. Get over it.

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

Myself and many of my friends spent a lot of time and a huge amount of effort hitting fractal level 80. Obviously people who are fractal level 50+ make up a very small minority of the game’s population, so the reset to level 30 no doubt won’t upset many people.

For somebody like me, however, it really comes as an unpleasant shock that I’m going to lose 50 levels of personal progression that I worked extremely hard for. It’s the first time I’ve had something I worked very hard for actually taken away from me in an MMO. A lot of organization goes into hitting 80, and it requires a lot of patience and huge amounts of effort. Losing 50 levels of progression is literally like having two or three max-level alts deleted in terms of time investment lost.

When the PvP leaderboards were introduced and players were stripped of their QP, the top players were given reward chests with unique titles as a way to acknowledge they were at the cutting edge before the leaderboards were implemented. It would be nice to see something similar done for the players like myself and my friends who spent literally hundreds of hours getting to the top fractal tier possible. Maybe titles based on the tier reached, similar to the pre-leaderboard PvP titles.

Without something like this, there will be nothing to show for ever reaching that goal (the cutting edge of PvE in GW2, in my opinion) other than a memory, as there were no unique rewards for reaching high levels from the fractals themselves – most chests just contained blues and greens.

Would appreciate an official response on this, thanks.

+1 For this.

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

I’ll just say this: no way am I re-leveling 4 characters to 48 again.

#ggnothxkbyenomoregemsfromme

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

what are you losing besides your number tracking how much time you spent there? it’s not like it’s a badge you can wear that other people can see. you still have all the same stuff and you get to progress again, for free, with added features, rewards, and other benefits that you didn’t have to pay for.

so, what’s the beef?

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Kilandros.2098

And now with account-wide Fractals you won’t have to!

Dreamslayer.7659

I think you’re focusing too much on the number and not enough on the difficulty level.

In current fractals, the odd levels are basically filler because there is no Maw / chest. In the new fractals, every level will be like the current even levels and 30 is the new 48.

I can understand people who are at 80 being annoyed, but for those of us at 48-58, I don’t think we’re losing a lot.

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

People who think there shouldn’t be any award for those of us who got above 30th level – use the reason you were equipped with as a human being.
The thing is: people do not complain about the fact of resetting the level, they complain because they are taken away all the effort, time and money that they spent on the only demanding thing this game had to offer – very high level fractals.
Like someone above stated, it all depends on the perspective. If you want to take part in the discussion, you have to be able to try to take someone else’s perspective.
Leaderboards – ok, Anet forces us into them, and because all have to have equal footing, we are put back into level 30. That’s ok.
The fact that we don’t get any compensation for having something taken away from us, something we spent plenty of time, money, sweat and blood on, is not fair.
As simple as that. There is not a single one argument against rewarding players who reached levels 30+ of the fractals.
To be more precise, this is something that Anet has to introduce to those people whose time, money, effort is being “reset”.
As simple as that.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

(edited by Corpus Christi.2057)

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

Because of the new Leaderboards. It wouldn’t be fair for you to be at the top of the Leaderboards from completing it on easy mode would it?

It’s simple Ranked Fractals for Leaderboards and none ranked for old players that plays for fun.

Patrikan Habaton.2548

Why not wait & see what the changes are for yourself before crying DOOM?

you don’t get it it doesn’t matter how the changes are it matters that somthing I put effort in will be taken away from me for me it was the effort I could have gotten 2-3 legendaries for. and they take it away doens’t matter what they Change or do.

first scale 81 fractals

(edited by Moderator)

roachsrealm.9284

what did they take away besides the number? help me understand!

you don’t lose any rewards do you?

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Here’s all I got from this “They’re punishing me because they’re making fractals more accessible to everyone and now I won’t be special anymore.”

Why not wait & see what the changes are for yourself before crying DOOM?

Because they outlined pretty well what they’re changing.

And yes, there should be some exclusive content in the game that is skill capped (as opposed to how Fractals is currently mostly gear-capped) that is simply not accessible by casuals and bad players. It’s healthy for a game, because it gives people incentive to become better at the game in order to be able to tackle the hard content. Making everything accessible to everyone, regardless of skill level only makes the community even worse than it already is.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Patrikan Habaton.2548

And the legendary comparison is completely valid. Ultimately what it comes down to is time invested -> goal reached -> result of goal being removed from your account. Getting fractal level 80 takes hundreds of hours – so does making a legendary. It confuses me why some people feel that one is no big deal while the other would be completely out of the question. They both take hundreds of hours – just because one is a skin and the other is a number doesn’t make it a completely different issue.

First of all, going from 30 to 48 is not losing “hundreds of hours,” so there’s that.

Secondly, I have no sympathy for anyone at level 80 Fractals. Anet made it quite clear they didn’t intend for us to progress past 50. You were essentially betting that Anet would one day open up 50+ and you would have an advantage. The flipside however was the risk that they would not and that would be wasted time. You made a risky bet that that progress was worth the time and you lost. It’s really that simple.

And no, the fact that Fractals and Legendaries both require a time commitment is not persuasive. Over the course of my life I have spent a great deal of time in the bathroom, but I don’t consider that time equal to time spent, say, at a job. The mere fact that two things both occupy time does not make them the same. In Fractals I could spend a lot of time being carried by my group to higher levels. With Legendaries I could spend very little time converting my RL cash to gems to gold. They are different. Get over it.

they didn’t make it clear when I hit lvl 80 in 2012 there wasn’t a single answer if 80 is the cap or not not a single dev post. they never said it before I reached 80 we shoulnd’t go there we shoulnd’t invest our Money in rez orbs… not a single post or answer that they consider us exploiters till no.. sooo… don’t tell things that arn’t true

first scale 81 fractals

Posted by: Arc DLad.2194

Arc DLad.2194

I currently have 55ar and level 48 is the limit before agony kills me How does the agony scale in the dungeon? If new level 10 is old level 20 that mean 24 is the new 48?

How does Treahern change a light bulb?
“commander can i have a word”

Patrikan Habaton.2548

I was hopping to enter scale 81 again when they rework it so I get some hardcontent now I have to do 50*4= 200 fractals again with ppl I don’t know ( the Group I played till 81 doesn’t Play anymore ) soo invest loads of time to get where I was and I bet the lvl till 61 will be easy for me if I had 81 I woulnd’t get any rewards if I coulnd’t complete em so what Point in taking it away basicaly I loose time and Money spent worth of about 2-3 legnedaries if I played other aspects of the game about 4-5 legendaries if I just farmed

first scale 81 fractals

Posted by: McFly.2134

McFly.2134

So ascended backpacks will get +5 ar. But whats with the people who already infused their backpacks. Will the 250 ectos be in vain? That would be 750 ectos for me

I literally just created an Infused Quiver of a Thousand Arrows. Are they removing its inherent +5 AR? This is such a dumb bish move if they do.

Wisdom through suffering.

(edited by McFly.2134)

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

But do you have a legendary?

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

roachsrealm.9284

according to the notes you only need to do 20 fractals to hit the new cap. assuming the notes are correct you won’t be able to go past level 50.

in this regard you aren’t really losing anything. you still received all the rewards you earned from running higher levels before. you get 20 new levels of varied content to play through for free. I still feel like regardless of what level you were at before, all you are getting are benefits from this change.

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

Secondly, I have no sympathy for anyone at level 80 Fractals. Anet made it quite clear they didn’t intend for us to progress past 50.

This is not the case. When fractals were added to the game Anet actually said that they would scale up infinitely. It wasn’t until after people like Patrikan here actually hit lvl80 that the limits were eventually made clear.

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

True statement right there!!!! /giggle

Posted by: ozma.3498

ozma.3498

I didn’t say it was. I was talking about getting to 80.

If you think people push to fractal level 80 because they want some kind of future advantage, then you obviously don’t understand the mindset of competitive players. And this thing about taking a high risk bet and losing… I’m really not sure what you’re getting at. I aimed for the top and got there.

You’re right, actually. It’s not the same at all. Grinding gold is easy, whereas hitting fractal level 80 is difficult. Thanks for the reminder.

(edited by Moderator)

Kilandros.2098

they didn’t make it clear when I hit lvl 80 in 2012 there wasn’t a single answer if 80 is the cap or not not a single dev post. they never said it before I reached 80 we shoulnd’t go there we shoulnd’t invest our Money in rez orbs… not a single post or answer that they consider us exploiters till no.. sooo… don’t tell things that arn’t true

It was absolutely clear to me and many others in 2012 that Anet intended to keep players out of 50+. Rez Orbs/Pets were a way to get past unsurvivable agony. Most people knew exactly what the design was, and understood that Orbs were a yet-unclosed (now closed) loophole. You took a risk and it didn’t pay off. You need to accept that.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

This game keeps getting dumbed down. They removed all incentive to go beyond level 10.
I got myself to higher level fractals to get the exclusive skins. That was part of their appeal, they were exclusive to running harder content and thus made the skins rarer. Now anybody running 10 can get the same thing.

I agree they should have added gold and whatever to entice people to do fractals, but the skins should have been bumped to requiring 30+ to get them as incentive to do harder ones. The useless tonic and a rune/sigil I will never use is a joke reward for doing harder content. They’re handing out more doing less.

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

No wonder they are doing that, this game is full of “I’m lazy but I want that thing, too!” people who didn’t care about the fractals until they realised they could get some fancy looking skins that the people who spent hours/months of doing fractals actually got them. It’s becoming more and more clear that this game is taking the following direction: make everything accessible to the masses, even if those masses lack the skill, or motivation, or interest in the things whose purpose is to be demanding and rewarding at the same time, and show only “Buy this for me, papa! I want it bad!” attitude.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Kilandros.2098

If you think people push to fractal level 80 because they want some kind of future advantage, then you obviously don’t understand the mindset of competitive players.

Why aren’t you applauding the introduction of leaderboards?

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: McFly.2134

McFly.2134

This “resetting for leaderboards” thing is meh, don’t really care about the levels resetting. I’m more concerned about the injection of leetness this leaderboard thing is going to place into the game temporarily. There are already too many scumbags in game as it is lol.

Wisdom through suffering.

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

I literally just created an Infused Quiver of a Thousand Arrows. Are they removing its inherent +5 AR? This is such a dumb bish move if they do.

They probably thought everyone would do fractals back in November 2012 and decided to create an eco/tier 6 item sink with ascended mystic forge recipes.

Since no one is doing fractals anymore and ecto/tier 6 has increased in cost by over 10 fold it becomes very impractical for people to grind 100 gold worth of mats for 5 agony resistance.

Don’t you agree?

Kilandros.2098

for me it was the effort I could have gotten 2-3 legendaries for.

Ah yes, I love the classic, “IF ONLY IT WASN’T FOR THIS ONE THING, I WOULD HAVE BEEN OTHERWISE WILDLY SUCCESSFUL AND HAD THE WHOLE WORLD!” argument.

Posted by: plzwackmybag.3075

plzwackmybag.3075

Hey all, I am super excited for this updated as I was a huge Fractals Fan, loved the challenges not so much the rewards. My biggest gripe was you couldn’t salvage rings or any ascended items, and you couldn’t use your pristine relics for anything else other than rings. So wanted to start a thread with your gripes with the current reward system and concerns for the revamped Fractals. Hopefully someone from Anet will see it and comment on it.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I was hopping to enter scale 81 again when they rework it so I get some hardcontent now I have to do 50*4= 200 fractals again with ppl I don’t know ( the Group I played till 81 doesn’t Play anymore ) soo invest loads of time to get where I was and I bet the lvl till 61 will be easy for me if I had 81 I woulnd’t get any rewards if I coulnd’t complete em so what Point in taking it away basicaly I loose time and Money spent worth of about 2-3 legnedaries if I played other aspects of the game about 4-5 legendaries if I just farmed

You feeling math hurt today? Cap is 50, so reset to 30… that is 20 levels X 4 seems like you only need to do 80 fractals. Although I just wonder if the new changes to level 30+ scare you a bit. It is ok to be afraid.

Looking forward to the changes!