Fused Weapons Are Now The Rarest In GW2 ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SirusDibley.3716

SirusDibley.3716

Well done to those who were lucky enough to get a ticket , now that fused tickets have been concluded does that mean a fused GS is worth more than a legendary ?

discuss

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I think the jet pack is the rarest thing in GW2 atm but its still not worth more then a legendary so more then likely no the fused GS will not be more then a legendary.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’d give my eye teeth for a fused GS, or a pair of fused daggers. They would look absolutely sweet on my mes and necro. I really wish I had money in my budget to throw away on gaming lol.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

don’t really care, they don’t appeal to me.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

You can’t sell or buy them, right?

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

regardless of how you got it, a fused weapon sends the message that you gambled 100$ of RL money on it. Legendaries while purchasable with RL money still have an element of farming and in game pride. These things will be released regularly so Fused weapon is the first of many many one time skins that have to be gambled for. Unless you are a Dubai prince or something you won’t be able to obtain them all so just get whatever you want. No one at any time in the future will care if you have a fused weapon I promise and it doesn’t make you look more elite ever.

They all look average (preference is irrelevant, that’s the truth). If they were on a dungeon token they would would be one of the least popular sets. Not to mention that’s one single weapon on one alt.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

(edited by Stego.3148)

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Well a fused weapon can’t be sold, so it has no value at all, other than merchant price. So whether it is worth more than a legendary or not is completely subjective, maybe that’s what you’re asking about, so that’s what I’ll answer =)

I decided to buy 5 keys and only 5 keys after hearing horror stories of the gems wasted on fused attempts. I wasn’t ga-ga over the skins, I didn’t feel I absolutely had to have one, but I did like them and decided to try for fun. I was super lucky and got a ticket on the 5th chest, then I traded it in for the fused mace, as I’m an axe/mace warrior, and most mace skins in the game not to my tastes.

I am also slowing working toward Sunrise, which will be my first and probably only legendary. I am doing this in a way that is legendary to me, i.e. not CoF farming for gold and buying all the materials needed, but playing the entirety of the game and saving up as I go (note that I’m not saying CoF farming is “doing it wrong,” this is just how I prefer to earn my legendary).

With that background as context, my opinion is no, my fused mace is not worth more than a legendary.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: Chrispytoast.3698

Chrispytoast.3698

I opened 1 chest that I got the key for from a story mission and got a fused ticket

Save the orphans of Divinity’s Reach
Send Gold to: Chrispytoast

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

They aren’t any rarer then any other RNG limited time box item. The southsun event skins from last time were available for less time and there are only a couple dozen on the TP yet they are almost worthless. The fused weapons can’t even be traded, so they really have no value other then to tell people you spend wayyy too much money in the gem store.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

regardless of how you got it, a fused weapon sends the message that you gambled 100$ of RL money on it. Legendaries while purchasable with RL money still have an element of farming and in game pride. These things will be released regularly so Fused weapon is the first of many many one time skins that have to be gambled for. Unless you are a Dubai prince or something you won’t be able to obtain them all so just get whatever you want. No one at any time in the future will care if you have a fused weapon I promise.

It may send that message to you, but not to everyone. I bought 5 keys and got one on the second try. It was just luck. I know another guy that got it opening just one chest and he didn’t even know what it was. He asked in our guild chat what a Fused Weapon Ticket was. Many people were lucky enough to get one without spending loads of money.

Stego.3148

regardless of how you got it, a fused weapon sends the message that you gambled 100$ of RL money on it. Legendaries while purchasable with RL money still have an element of farming and in game pride. These things will be released regularly so Fused weapon is the first of many many one time skins that have to be gambled for. Unless you are a Dubai prince or something you won’t be able to obtain them all so just get whatever you want. No one at any time in the future will care if you have a fused weapon I promise.

It may send that message to you, but not to everyone. I bought 5 keys and got one on the second try. It was just luck. I know another guy that got it opening just one chest and he didn’t even know what it was. He asked in our guild chat what a Fused Weapon Ticket was. Many people were lucky enough to get one without spending loads of money.

It sends the message that you have an item that on average required gambling over $100 US dollars to have a reliable chance to get. Just because your friend got it in one ticket that’s a huge exception to how a majority of fused weapons are obtained. The item is associated with a primary cash shop path.

Through playing the game you come by keys very rarely. I’ve accumulated 50 through unhealthy game play everyday since launch which wont’ come close to a good chance at a fused weapon. With the odds of the drop rate “Many people” were not lucky enough to get one and only a small portion of the population would have managed one out of a box without spending lots of money, and that portion is overshadowed by the huge amount of the population that just blew 1/2 a months paycheck on it.

Go look up the term e-bay as used in video games.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

(edited by Stego.3148)

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

The vendors are still there, have they officially said the tickets won’t come in Black Lion chests anymore?

Rouven.7409

The vendors are still there, have they officially said the tickets won’t come in Black Lion chests anymore?

Yes – in the update thread under news.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-May-14-2013/first#post2028414
Next year or ever again? I’m under the impression it’s a one time thing, but heh.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’m not the type to buy these chests in any game and I kinda find it an insult for them to be making this the only method of getting good cosmetics other then the guild mission thing, I mean really now? It’s bad enough that I’ve followed the TP for 9 months on the same items and found that they’ve tripled their inflation since January but now this. WOW just wow. And I just don’t get how people think that it’s perfectly fine that this is going on.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I opened 1 chest that I got the key for from a story mission and got a fused ticket

Same. I didn’t pay for keys. Got one from the personal story, opened the chest and got a ticket.

I got the longbow since I liked the look on my Main Ranger. Probably not the best one to choose but I like it and it fits more so than Kudzu would. – Not that I’ll ever have the time to make a legendary anyway.

EDIT: I would be perfectly happy if they did a limited time gamble for the ticket, more expensive direct buy of the ticket later on. I think they should have much more cosmetic options for a game that is touted as being all about the grind for cosmetics only.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

Well done to those who were lucky enough to get a ticket , now that fused tickets have been concluded does that mean a fused GS is worth more than a legendary ?

discuss

I feel like i see the fused GS all over the place. Every time i do a world boss, i see 3 at the minimum. Part of the problem is that teh GS is the most popular skin, so its very likely that more tickets were cashed in for GSs than any other weapons type

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

I’d give my eye teeth for a fused GS…

I so want eye teeth! Where do I get those!
:-P JK

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’d give my eye teeth for a fused GS…

I so want eye teeth! Where do I get those!
:-P JK

-chuckle- I’d say maybe if you ask nicely…but I really couldn’t. Too many people like it when I nibble on them. ~.^

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: ExZee.8109

ExZee.8109

regardless of how you got it, a fused weapon sends the message that you gambled 100$ of RL money on it. Legendaries while purchasable with RL money still have an element of farming and in game pride. These things will be released regularly so Fused weapon is the first of many many one time skins that have to be gambled for. Unless you are a Dubai prince or something you won’t be able to obtain them all so just get whatever you want. No one at any time in the future will care if you have a fused weapon I promise and it doesn’t make you look more elite ever.

They all look average (preference is irrelevant, that’s the truth). If they were on a dungeon token they would would be one of the least popular sets. Not to mention that’s one single weapon on one alt.

This man doth spoketh the truth. th~

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

I got a black lion key for completing a map then i opened a chest and got my infused weapon…

I probably wont be lucky for years to come now.

Posted by: Zaeon.3846

Zaeon.3846

They don’t appeal to me. A lot of ppl are wanting them solely because of how hard it was to get them buuuut they look average.
And a lot of these limited items will probably be added later. Remember the limited collector’s edition gw2? Yeah…. turned out to be not limited at all..

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

That’s funny since I got my bow when I opened a chest with a key obtained from a personal story mission on an alt (I didn’t even know what the token was for, and only by chance when returning the lost items did I notice the vendor by the refugees). On the other hand, if I ever get a legendary, it will absolutely be purchased with gold.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

i wanted a fused so bad and couldnt bring myself to buy keys, now eternal suffering from 1 bad decision? Please fix this

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

i relogged after couple of months break then i got a fused ticket from 3 black lion keys that i got from pve and at first i was wondering wtf was this ticket. i nearly deleted it but i decided to go to gw2 wiki. then i exchanged it to a GS and equipped it to my low level toon. Then i decided to delete that toon but good thing is that i transmuted the GS to an account bound white item. I didn’t care at first. i nearly deleted the rarest weapon skin in game with my character! now it’s sitting comfy with my Zerker Warrior. Woot.

(edited by alcopaul.2156)

Posted by: Ragnarawk.8697

Ragnarawk.8697

I don’t see how it relates to RL money. Sure, some people plop down the cash, but a lot of others are using gold to buy gems. So I would say, if anything, it shows a combination of dedication to a goal, and some luck. I remember “somewhere” hearing that people willing to dedicate mass amounts of time and resources should be “epic-ly” rewarded. What’s the difference between farming a raid for weeks on end for a small chance at a drop, and farming CoF for weeks on end for enough gold to get a small chance at a drop?

It sounds a bit like sour grapes here, as the look of the weapon is well above average. The particle effect is nice, and the detail work is nice as well. I particularly enjoy how the chain going across the back of the GS is red-hot in appearance. I would say average is something like Destroyer or Mystic skins.

If these skins do not come back, they will indeed become rare, as people leave the game and new ones come in. Long term, they will become symbols of veteran status, as they will denote at what times you played the game. Personally, I like that idea, it will eventually build a great diversity in character appearance.

(edited by Ragnarawk.8697)

Posted by: Sartori.1962

Sartori.1962

Actually, thats not true in my case. I got lucky and got two of them and put them on my long and short bow. I only used 5 keys on around 20 chests as I got keys in the chests also.

So please don’t assume….

Thanks

Posted by: Kilaelya.1420

Kilaelya.1420

Like several other people on this thread I didn’t pay for anything. I got a random key drop, opened a chest, and got the ticket for a skin. Otherwise I would have never paid for something like it. Don’t judge everyone you see with one of the skins because of the RNG.

Minara | Ranger | Beastgate | [vR]

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

discuss

Worth more? No way.

More Rare? Not currently, but eventually, yes. I still see far more fused weapons than Legendaries.

No one would pay 2500 gold for a fused weapon, though.

Value is not measured by rarity.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

My opinion,

Add MF (many I know thought it was a decent dungeon) to fractals, bring in Fused weapons as a reward.

If I could have it my way…I’d get rid of the cof weapons and insert the fused ones, they might not appeal to everyone, but look better than those.

Anyhow, I used about 40keys trying to get at least one ticket, no go. Probably won’t be doing that again.

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Keep Fused Weapons as Rare (the rarest as ever) as possible for it is the only pride of those who don’t/can’t afford to get a Legendary or even a 500g weapon. We could not make money out of it anyway (so they can’t be used to manipulate the market). We will just rely on the thought that it can’t be gotten anymore. Think of the rare minipets of GW1 where limited amount was just issued to event winners.

Please A.NET

Over time, legendaries will be ubiquitous and Fused will remain at a fixed number.

And Still can’t be used to manipulate the market..

As they say, “the best things in life has no monetary equivalent.”

A.NET, come on! lol.

(edited by alcopaul.2156)

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Legendaries while purchasable with RL money still have an element of farming and in game pride.

Legendaries still have the stigma of cof p1 grinder or tp player. So if you consider that in game pride then okay.

I would contend that the cof skins look average. The fused have the added fire drip making them above average. People tend to like weapons with added loud visual effects, which is why ascalon weapons are rather popular.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

Waaaargh……I didnt get one, so they are garbage. Everyone who got one has more money than me….wwwwargh.

But. I got mine for free…and I think it looks awesome. Plus its a nice swap out for my main GS as its got nullification on it in times when I need it.

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

I really wish they’d left this as a permanent thing you could get from the Black Lion Chests. Each time they add a set of skins like this they should just leave it as a permanent rare chance to get it, which would make the chests more valuable to the players (or at least players like me).

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

Keep Fused Weapons as Rare (the rarest as ever) as possible for it is the only pride of those who don’t/can’t afford to get a Legendary or even a 500g weapon. We could not make money out of it anyway (so they can’t be used to manipulate the market). We will just rely on the thought that it can’t be gotten anymore. Think of the rare minipets of GW1 where limited amount was just issued to event winners.

Please A.NET

Over time, legendaries will be ubiquitous and Fused will remain at a fixed number.

And Still can’t be used to manipulate the market..

As they say, “the best things in life has no monetary equivalent.”

A.NET, come on! lol.

I feel the same about the greatsaw, which is likely even rarer than the fused GS because you had to get it specifically drop from a chest instead of universal ticket. I hope it doesn’t come back in the future.

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

I have a fused weapon ticket I’ve never redeemed. NONE of the skins look appealing to me…

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Now they can add them all for free and give us all something new to use, yeah right..

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

That’s funny since I got my bow when I opened a chest with a key obtained from a personal story mission on an alt (I didn’t even know what the token was for, and only by chance when returning the lost items did I notice the vendor by the refugees). On the other hand, if I ever get a legendary, it will absolutely be purchased with gold.

This. I spent 9 keys collected through my personal story etc. And I didn’t got a ticket. On the next day I won 1 more key and decided to test my luck. And got a ticket. RNG is RNG, not everyone with fused skin spent real money on it.

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

Since they can’t be traded, ‘worth’ may not be the right word.

They’re definitely limited, though. A year from now someone can still forge any legendary; the same can’t be said for fused weapons.

They didn’t cost nearly as much gold, either.

Attachments:

Disciple of Quag

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

People with jobs have less time to play and more money to spend, pay cash for gems, RNG, weapon ticket

People without jobs have more time to play and less money to spend, pay gold for gems, RNG, weapon ticket

i have a job yet still have around 300g since playing at launch….without spending a dime…i got a fused ticket with about 70g worth of gems…took around 30 or so chests….i have no regrets…..

and now im saving up for the next set of skins to b in the lions chest

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

People with jobs have less time to play and more money to spend, pay cash for gems, RNG, weapon ticket

People without jobs have more time to play and less money to spend, pay gold for gems, RNG, weapon ticket

i have a job yet still have around 300g since playing at launch….without spending a dime…i got a fused ticket with about 70g worth of gems…took around 30 or so chests….i have no regrets…..

But how would you feel if you spent most or all your gold and didn’t get a skin?

Stego.3148

I have returned to this topic since so many people replied to me. According to this thread 100% of the people that got fused weapons got it with 3 tickets only. So the drop rate is between 100% and 30% per chest.

My interpretation of this is insecurity, and desperation to convince themselves and other people they didn’t just drop 300$ on a fused weapon by posting on a forum.

And to Jordo: I have a job is not a justification to buy an advantage over others in a virtual world. It doesn’t matter however so much in gw2 since arenanet needs the support and sells only aesthetics.

For the last decade until recently that hasn’t been in the spirit of online video gaming and exists only for some business people to profit. It became accepted around the same time MMO companies started making everything casual friendly about 3-4 years ago in an everyone wins environment that people started having no problem to throw money at video games instead of playing them. Honestly seems absurd to me.

This practice has been shunned for most of online gaming’s existance and I definitely agree with the argument of not involving real life money in video game progress, it’s a shame the video game industry has come to that low level of integrity but if you enjoy MMOs that will have some longevity and had enough of wow there really isn’t an option.

There’s only one mmo company I know that aren’t slaves another company. SquareEnix, who bank their own profits (maybe funcom idk I think EA has them though). and ff14 was not received well.

I doubt their is any passionate about gaming professional at Arenanet that loves the idea that the gear in their game is earned through gambling large sums of real life money. I’m sure if possible they’d prefer people that play and enjoy their game get rewarded but they don’t have the freedom to do that.

On that note I think we are at the point where companies invest in mmos to fail and just rock a marketing campaign and cash in on the hype box sales / collectors / lifetime sub one time payment deal / + 1-2 months subscription of 1 million people.

(edited by Stego.3148)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

But how would you feel if you spent most or all your gold and didn’t get a skin?

I don’t know about the poster but I personally would feel that I had a gambling problem. If I can’t afford to lose it, it does not mean I am dumb but I do have a serious problem.

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

Since they can’t be traded, ‘worth’ may not be the right word.

They’re definitely limited, though. A year from now someone can still forge any legendary; the same can’t be said for fused weapons.

They didn’t cost nearly as much gold, either.

A year from now, the event can be repeated.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I

My interpretation of this is insecurity, and desperation to convince themselves and other people they didn’t just drop 300$ on a fused weapon by posting on a forum.

I got 3 tickets from opening around 10-15 BL chests. These chests were from drops, the keys I bought through gems, bought with RL cash. I buy 5 keys for 450 gems, so 90 gems per key.

I can buy 800 gems for €10, so I paid €20 for 3 fused weapons tickets, along with the other stuff I got from those chests,

Please explain how you see a fused weapon costing $300 …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Stego.3148

I got 3 tickets from opening around 10-15 BL chests. These chests were from drops, the keys I bought through gems, bought with RL cash. I buy 5 keys for 450 gems, so 90 gems per key.

I can buy 800 gems for €10, so I paid €20 for 3 fused weapons tickets, along with the other stuff I got from those chests,

Please explain how you see a fused weapon costing $300 …

Ok here we go, are you ready?

1 key if you buy with the (5 pack discount) is about 100 gems

800 gems = $10

800 gems = 8 keys~

the drop chance is reported to be between 1/100 to 1/200 or 1/1 most seem to get it anywhere in the 100-200s or 1/1.

Most believe it to be between 1/125 to 1/150 so let’s go with these low estimates to give you the benefit of the doubt.

you will take on average $156 ($187 not in bulk) to aquire one at the low estimate or $187 ($234 not in bulk) to buy it on average at the high estimate. This could easily swing both ways. Yes my estimate of $300 is high but shockingly $300 is in the realm of reality for what just a semi unlucky person could expect to pay.

And don’t tell me everyone is earning these keys with gold. The only way to make that amount of money is CoF farm or playing the TP and with the amount of crying about CoF on these forums, I know most of you arn’t CoFing.

anyone that hasn’t got it in roughly these odds mysteriously all got it with a 1/1 ratio, only used one key and got ticket.

Here’s a few rant quotes proving the 1/1 ratio of so many people is more then likely a fairy tail to cover up insecurity, and desperation to convince themselves and other people they didn’t just drop hundreds of $$$ on a fused weapon by posting on a forum.

Many players such as myself have spent more than $100 worth of gems without receiving a token.

I’ve now dropped over $300 on getting a Fused weapon. I have yet to get a single Fused Ticket.

i bought $200 worth for a ticket. I didn’t get one and so therefore that’s pretty crap….
Also, i wonder if it’s only the new chests that drop the tickets. I bought all mine on the TP and you’d think after almost 200 tries i’d get at least one. If so, someone should really stipulate that, otherwise i just basically wasted $200 bucks…

You are right, people will complain. But they should sell the skins for a fixed price on the TP. It can’t be, that players spend money for hundreds of keys and don’t get a skin.

My thoughts.

204 keys, got my first ticket in the last batch.

(edited by Stego.3148)

Posted by: SirusDibley.3716

SirusDibley.3716

I got mine from a black lion key that dropped from a risen, so yes was then very lucky to then get a ticket on top of that.

RNG = some people got one with a few attempts , and others none after fifty. The latter being more common.

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

Honestly, I think the rarest would be the Christmas weapon skins sold in the gem-shop. Mainly because no one actually bought them…

Rouven.7409

I’m pretty sure there is someone there that looks at all these things and could tell us which the rarest weapon out there is – let’s make it a non-tradeable weapon so as to not upset the economy. If not as an actual number then maybe as a %.

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

I wanted my fused longbow so bad! I hope they reappear later down the line, since account bound never hurt anybody to give out.

They really should have lasted longer in the BLC, i don’t see why they removed them so early.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Posted by: Sokina.8041

Sokina.8041

Don’t know where this “Whogivesadamn” mathematical nonsense is coming from; Yes, the fused weapons are probably the rarest in GW2. Long story short. The chances of getting them are irrelevant. If someone was willing to gamble to get the ticket (Very reminiscent of how many gamble for precursors in the forge…) that’s their choice. But who cares about the morality, or their decision or “It’s only because you were willing to gamble to get the ticket.” The fact remains that legendaries are being created every day, and as of May 14th, Fused Tickets are removed from the BL chests without any certainty that they will ever come back.

So even if Fused weapons aren’t the rarest currently, logic dictates that eventually they will become the rarest, or one of the rarest, simply because no more of them are being created at the moment, and with no certain chance of anymore ever being created.

The thread didn’t ask about the chances of the fused weapons. And it didn’t question the people that have them. It didn’t question their chances, their odds, or how much they spent on getting one. It simply asked if they were the rarest. Stop beating a dead horse with another dead horse.