Fused Weapons

Fused Weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

i love that people knew BEFORE this game was released that all the stuff on the gem shop was gonna be cosmetic. Lo and behold, it all is! The description in the update notes says “Rare chance” and people still try 200 times and then whine incessantly when they don’t hit the jackpot. I for one am superstoked that they are account bound so that people aren’t tempted to gamble to sell them for a lot of money. I think this is a better system to protect people with tendencies toward gambling addiction that can’t help themselves.

I would much rather be able to choose the weapon skin I want, rather than waste all my money gambling for it. There are 16 available weapons. What if I only want one of them?

Leave them account bound, Just let me choose the one I want.

You get to choose, you get a ticket and purchase the skin you want.

if your lucky and spend months worth of subscription fees

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

i love that people knew BEFORE this game was released that all the stuff on the gem shop was gonna be cosmetic. Lo and behold, it all is! The description in the update notes says “Rare chance” and people still try 200 times and then whine incessantly when they don’t hit the jackpot. I for one am superstoked that they are account bound so that people aren’t tempted to gamble to sell them for a lot of money. I think this is a better system to protect people with tendencies toward gambling addiction that can’t help themselves.

I would much rather be able to choose the weapon skin I want, rather than waste all my money gambling for it. There are 16 available weapons. What if I only want one of them?

Leave them account bound, Just let me choose the one I want.

You get to choose, you get a ticket and purchase the skin you want.

if your lucky and spend months worth of subscription fees

Will do, but next month. this month is bills :P

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

I think the fused weapons look amazing

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

I think the fused weapons look amazing

…..end that,s why they are in toto tickets…
They should of been in WvW…instead we got this ugly crap …. some times i rely wonder do anyone actually care for WvW in the office..
I understand Anet have to make money…sure np i support it,i pay u 20$ for (skin)… but …gamble no way no how… sya!

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Ponder.3647

Ponder.3647

I am never paying to gamble wit the Black Lion Chests ever again. I would have payed for gems to just buy the skins outright – the BLCs are awful.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

Yeah I opened a little over a 100 chests and did not receive one ticket. I know it is RNG but to me the chances are a little too low.

Fused Weapons

Geotherma.2395

If H&R block ever stops screwing up taxes for people I’ll try and get a couple hundred boxes and do a test.

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

Fused Weapons

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

Perhaps for a period BLCs could also give tokens (more tokens! ) with every chest opened.

10 tokens, get a skin?

I don’t know! However, I do know that I’d be more likely to buy into the chests if I knew that I would get what I wanted, even if that’s limited by spending a certain amount of cash. Plus, the promise of one skin and an opportunity to also pick up a maximum of 10 additional skins (which is unlikely, but nonetheless) could scratch the gambler’s itch.

I use lotion on my gambler’s itch – works wonders.

Behold: Opinions!

Fused Weapons

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

If H&R block ever stops screwing up taxes for people I’ll try and get a couple hundred boxes and do a test.

Seriously? Why would you reward Anet’s bad behavior and throw away money like that?

Fused Weapons

Posted by: taomang.2183

taomang.2183

Seriously? Why would you reward Anet’s bad behavior and throw away money like that?

Because by giving them money he tells them that he does NOT support RNG. OBVIOUSLY! #logic

Fused Weapons

Geotherma.2395

Because I can ^^ And I enjoy all the things I get from chests. Also it is not a waste if I enjoy the rewards I get, if I am not happy with the rewards I can only blame myself for buying them.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Kuldred.2436

Kuldred.2436

I’ll start with the obligatory, ‘your first mistake is letting H&R Block do your taxes.’

Okay, now on to the subject.

Here’s the results of your experiment; Anet just collected a bunch of cash for an extremely rare chance at weapon skin in a computer game. Hell, you probably just financed the entire cost to produce the asset.

As long as people continue to drops loads of $$ into Anets coffers for the BLTC gambling scam, then there is zero incentive for Anet to ever stop the practice.

It looks like they have made thousands just from the responders to this thread alone.

Yak’s Bend

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

I just wanted to cheer everyone up by saying that on the first Black Lion Chest I opened post-patch (with a key from zone completion), I got a fused weapon token. The skin I purchased is now on the GS on the back of my level 58 Mesmer.

I haven’t opened a BLC since, so as far as I know, it’s a 100% drop rate!

Fused Weapons

Geotherma.2395

I’ll start with the obligatory, ‘your first mistake is letting H&R Block do your taxes.’

Here’s the results of your experiment; Anet just collected a bunch of cash for an extremely rare chance at weapon skin in a computer game. Hell, you probably just financed the entire cost to produce the asset.

As long as people continue to drops loads of $$ into Anets coffers for the BLTC gambling scam, then there is zero incentive for Anet to ever stop the practice.

It looks like they have made thousands just from the responders to this thread alone.

Agree on the H&R block thing 1000% lol..

I understand some people dislike the luck based. And thats fine, I don’t think any less of them or think they have no right to complain. But I DO get nice things, almost every time I get more for my gems than I could have by directly buying the items. And now there is a chance to get a really cool skin as well. So long as they continue to drop several items at once, I don’t have a problem with this. I support the game, probably too much… But when I spend on it, it doesn’t necessarily mean that I agree with everything in game. It simply means I appreciate the game as a whole enough to invest in its future.

But also instead of complaining without any constructive feedback, like some do in forums I posted this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Fused-Weapon-Skins-meet-Frozen-Weapon-Skins/first#post1724272

If anyone is curious about the idea.

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

Oh do I miss the old school of a sub fee and hard work to gain the shiny.

That school still exists, Wetpaw, so please, if you miss it, go there!

I do not miss sub fees. I will not be going back to an MMO with sub fees. I’d much rather deal with this sort of minor issue than those, frankly. Honestly, $15/month on sub fees was a far bigger rip-off than anything ArenaNet have ever done.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

I see so much RNG rage but I don’t see anyone suggesting an alternative that would meet the requirements of human psyc. for satisfaction and reward being offered (just more exploitable bad ideas).

1) Tell us the chance of a BLKit dropping a ticket. Let’s say it’s 1/100, just for the sake of argument.
2) Offer tickets in the TP for 75 times the cost of the key.

Gamblers can risk buying keys in hopes of getting a discount.
People who don’t like gambling can support ANet by buying a ticket outright.

ANet makes money, and both sides are satisfied.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I don’t mind paying a lot, but when I do, I actually want my item.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Fused Weapons

Geotherma.2395

I see so much RNG rage but I don’t see anyone suggesting an alternative that would meet the requirements of human psyc. for satisfaction and reward being offered (just more exploitable bad ideas).

1) Tell us the chance of a BLKit dropping a ticket. Let’s say it’s 1/100, just for the sake of argument.
2) Offer tickets in the TP for 75 times the cost of the key.

Gamblers can risk buying keys in hopes of getting a discount.
People who don’t like gambling can support ANet by buying a ticket outright.

ANet makes money, and both sides are satisfied.

Good suggestion.

BL key 100 gems
Fused Ticket 800 Gems

Something like that seems fine. 800 gems is $10? Pretty sure they are worth 10 bucks, they did a good job on the skins. On the downside that’s like 18g lol, but probably still worth it, and the gems should settle soon now that keys and stuff are off sale :P unless somethen else amazing goes on sale.

Fused Weapons

Onshidesigns.1069

That’s why need to convince Anet that many smaller sales at cheaper prices. Is more profitable the a fewer sales at higher prices.

“Few sales at high prices” leads to a loss in the customer base.
“Many sale at low prices” increases the customer base.

Fused Weapons

Onshidesigns.1069

If they have to be in chests. I want the odds of every item that drops from those chests. And if more chests are opened then the odds posted for each item. You then receive the items did not drop within those odds in my mail for free.

Fused Weapons

Geotherma.2395

That’s why need to convince Anet that many smaller sales at cheaper prices. Is more profitable the a fewer sales at higher prices.

I disagree slightly. Both models can work, like comparing Wal Mart to Ikea. For fashionable things people are willing to spend more. For everyday living people are willing to pay what they “need” to, to enjoy or simply get by. By no means is an MMO something I would say people are playing and paying to “get by”. As the MMO itself costs money to purchase, and the microtransactions support its development.

I see gem purchases as extravagant costs, as things we in no way whatsoever need to enjoy the game. While it is true that a low cost can improve sales, like I said Wal Mart works this well. I disagree because you can buy gems with gold, which does not fund arenanet. So lowering gem costs would lower profits they use to sustain the game.

Fused Weapons

Onshidesigns.1069

I disagree slightly. Both models can work, like comparing Wal Mart to Ikea. For fashionable things people are willing to spend more. For everyday living people are willing to pay what they “need” to, to enjoy or simply get by. By no means is an MMO something I would say people are playing and paying to “get by”. As the MMO itself costs money to purchase, and the microtransactions support its development.

I see gem purchases as extravagant costs, as things we in no way whatsoever need to enjoy the game. While it is true that a low cost can improve sales, like I said Wal Mart works this well. I disagree because you can buy gems with gold, which does not fund arenanet. So lowering gem costs would lower profits they use to sustain the game.

Anet one set of skins buyable with gems.

And anther set that is cash only. Just make the cash only items good with a smaller selection.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

A decent solution would be just to have a higher chance to get PARTS of a token like 1/8. Get four 1/8s of a token put it in mf get a 1/4 token, get four 1/4 tokens place in mf you get a full fused token. This way they can still make decent bank and people will evetually get their fused wep (you would still have a chance at a full fused token as it is right now, it’s just those that are not so lucky can eventually get a fused token as well).

Fused Weapons

Posted by: peacemaker.5634

peacemaker.5634

I really love this game.. I’ve been playing since beta and I do like to spend money in the gem store to support the game. That said, this gambling aspect goes against the values aNet seemed to stand for. What happened to “Is it evil?”. It is hypothetically possible that someone could spend $1000 and not get a fused weapon skin. Extremely unlikely, but possible. What if it were even $100? Would it be “evil”, as the reference states, to charge $100 for a weapon skin? I think so. Yet, it’s much worse than that. What about charging $100 for NO weapon skin. That’s what this situation really is for some people. I saved up 85g to craft a Firebringer that I finally got last week. I like the fused sword more, but there’s just no way I can justify spending a potentially infinite amount of money to get it. I’d rather have a monthly fee and be able to get the content. This is just ridiculous, aNet. I’m really disappointed. I hope the staff reads these posts and gets things straight. I’m starting to think I wasted a lot of time and money investing in this game. I hope I get proven wrong in the future. A lot of people, like myself, will get tired of seeing this over time, and you’ll lose us (or already have). Please, please, please, get this right. This game is too good.

Jonathade [Gate of Madness]

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

A decent solution would be just to have a higher chance to get PARTS of a token like 1/8. Get four 1/8s of a token put it in mf get a 1/4 token, get four 1/4 tokens place in mf you get a full fused token. This way they can still make decent bank and people will evetually get their fused wep (you would still have a chance at a full fused token as it is right now, it’s just those that are not so lucky can eventually get a fused token as well).

Yes but this makes too much sense. Anet would never implement it.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Fused Weapons

Onshidesigns.1069

Yes but this makes too much sense. Anet would never implement it.

Don’t like the idea because it does not guarantee everyone will get the fused weapons at a fair price. Some unlucky people will still spend alot and end up with no fused weapon.

Fused Weapons

PlagueParade.7942

Right now is not a “fair price.” This solution here though, yes you can eventually get one in about 16 tries or more. I’d probably put the chances of getting an 1/8 of a token as high as getting mystery tonics. Will it cost more than if they added it for sale in the gem store yes. The winters day ones were for 500. I would have gladly spent 500 gems for one of these but they are trying to make money as well. So at least here it’s a profit for them and security for us knowing that we would eventually get one and if you had say 4 or 5 1/8 tokens and get a fused token on the next try I would think most people would continue to get keys till they got the rest of those partial tokens to get their second skin.

Each their own opinion though.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

It’s amazing how many of you complain about how they do weapon skins in BL Chests WHEN YOU PLAY THE GAME FOR FREE! My god, content doesn’t magically make itself.

I had to pay $60 to play the game, guess I got scammed :-(

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Stilgar.6437

Stilgar.6437

im 0 for 6 for now. but kitten some of those skins are sweet. ill throw more money at it tomorrow

dont really see why are some people complaining about this. there are hundreds of weapon skins and a lot of different ways to obtain them. so one set is acquired by gambling with the chests, big deal. its fun to gamble like this from time to time (albeit expensive and somewhat frustrating when you strike out).

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Psychogene.6780

Psychogene.6780

In case people don’t realise – but skins are a HUGE part of guild wars 2, whether you like it or not at some point people are going to be wanting to change their wardrobe because of how dull the easy to get ones are. Another way to view it is getting skins is a form of progression in this game.

So this is an obvious attempt to make some quick cash while offering players who participate no guarantees of anything. Its more like a competition with unlimited entries that is based around gambling principles.

So don’t be lured into this scheme in my opinion. If you got the urge to get the skin but don’t want to spend too much real money, set a limit like they would tell you in gambling addiction ads lol. It is dangerous to think you will just keep going with real money until it drops. That kind of thinking is a precursor to more dangerous real life gambling addictions.

With gold that you didn’t have to pay to get, spend whatever since its not coming out of your hard earned savings. Still, the way aNet have set this up is just to make as much money as possible until the next cool skin comes out, and the next, and the next ….

Maybe trying to maximise profit before all the new mmo’s come out, because GW2 might be a dead game by June or July.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

Fellow guildie opened 200 chests yesterday and nothing. Then decided to open 5 more today and got 2

Fused Weapons

PlagueParade.7942

Fellow guildie opened 200 chests yesterday and nothing. Then decided to open 5 more today and got 2

That must of been a relief to them. Nice.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

Yeah I threw away some gold on keys, got nada. But I’m not surprised and I only do this thing with limits.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

It would be helpful if people keep posting how many tries it took them to get (or not get) a ticket, so those on the fence, or aren’t that far in yet, can start getting an idea what the odds really are.

Reading the posts so far, sounds like less than 5% for sure, maybe 1 or 2%.

Fused Weapons

PlagueParade.7942

0 out of 100 tries. Got endless mystery tonic beast and furniture on the other hand, though I’d much rather have gotten just one token.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

0 out of 100 tries. Got endless mystery tonic beast and furniture on the other hand, though I’d much rather have gotten just one token.

I’d love that furniture tonic, lol. Sad failing ticket out of 100 tho.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Well, I’m hoping for the guys at Arenanet to open their eyes and see the frustration they’re bringing to the players with such methods, enough for some to even turn them away from the game.

Really, devs, is this your idea of management of a MMORPG? I know you need money to keep the service up and going and all, so the cash shop is completely plausible… but look, the player base of this game doesn’t seem to like to gamble that much. And in truth you are making this all look like you’re just preying on people affected by problem gambling.

There are many ways to gain income without making customers feel like being scammed, and some of them have also been proposed in this topic.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Wow, I could probably whip all these up on my modeling app in a day along with textures and shaders. ANET must have made at least $200k in gem sales in one day with people gambling for them (maybe first hour!).

Ah well, I like the shield and mace but I’m not gambling for them. I’ve bought gems with plastic in the past, but I think I’m going to stop doing that, I don’t want to get drawn into gambling. I’ve never had gambling problems, but I’ve had friends and family that have and it’s truly ugly. Of course if I sink gold into exchange and then always broke, the game will be less fun and I’ll go elsewhere.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

My wife got a skin…I didn’t. I won’t tell you where I hid the body. lol

Fused Weapons

Posted by: BloodJunkie.3497

BloodJunkie.3497

I will Not Support Gambling. If The only way to get the skin or mini I want is to gamble on a horrid percentage,then I’ll pass on them and this game.

I am a huge fan of GW2 I have supported this game with both my time and money.. but I will not play a game where you put extremely generic skins in WvW (skins we already have),and you MAKE people gamble to look different.

I WILL support your game..I WILL Buy or Grind For My minis..I WILL Buy or Grind For Skins. I will NOT Gamble For Anything in This Game..It would be awful for me to leave as I’ve finally Found The MMO for me..but this path is not sustainable for me.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: LtTiger.4568

LtTiger.4568

As long as people are buying keys, using money and so on, they’ll keep it as it is..

Fused Weapons

Posted by: peacemaker.5634

peacemaker.5634

As long as people are buying keys, using money and so on, they’ll keep it as it is..

I am really hoping that this won’t be true. This game has really meant a lot to me. My wife and I really believed in ArenaNet; the creativity, the talent, the heart. I think of all the conversations I’ve had about how awesome GW2 is and just feel betrayed. It’s just a game, but there are real people that gave real promises and broke them. My wife and I invested thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars into this, and now we must gamble for the things we want? After posting my previous comment on this thread, I realized that ArenaNet had already lost me. I logged in to play and just couldn’t stand investing any more of my life into it. I really want to wake up tomorrow and find the staff apologizing and doing away with gambling. People aren’t usually that good, especially when money is involved. Gosh, ArenaNet staff, I love you, my friends love you, and you have a ton of gaming fanatics that love you. Make a good decision. I believe you’ll benefit from it. I’ll come back to gw2 with all of the passion I’ve always had and you’ll have a supporter for a long time to come.

Jonathade [Gate of Madness]

Fused Weapons

Vayne.8563

Oh the moral high ground. Gotta love it. I can’t get the skin I want, and you’re supporting gambling, so I’m quitting the game. I can’t imagine being that attached to any one skin. I just can’t. Yeah, some of them look cool, but you know, there are lots of cool skins in the game.

I don’t love the whole RNG Black Lion chest thing. I really don’t. But this isn’t really a moral question. It would be completely different if those skins came with power and suddenly the game was buy to win. But skins?

I guess everyone must draw their own moral line in the sand, but it seems particularly inane to me to quit a game because I can’t have the skin I want without gambling.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

stuff likes this makes me wonder if anet’s design teams’ paychecks are determined by rng as well

Oceanic [LOD]

Fused Weapons

Vayne.8563

Oh do I miss the old school of a sub fee and hard work to gain the shiny.

That school still exists, Wetpaw, so please, if you miss it, go there!

I do not miss sub fees. I will not be going back to an MMO with sub fees. I’d much rather deal with this sort of minor issue than those, frankly. Honestly, $15/month on sub fees was a far bigger rip-off than anything ArenaNet have ever done.

Trust me when I say many of us will, GW2 for many will turn into a backburner game, RNG is culprit. So keep the attitude of a fanboy that see no wrong and tell players go somewhere else, you will love your server, WvW, and events down the road.

Many players are just waiting for Betas and releases this year to jump ship. Defending RNG is just dumb, no other way to put it. The fastest way to lose a playerbase is RNG.

Minor issue…..play some more outside of your lil bubble, FOTM skins, Mystic Forge, Holiday, Legendary, MF skins, gemstore, etc..

Go ahead gamble your money for pixels, I rather pay monthly and earn it through skill. The way I look at it, measly $15 a month helps ensure a dev team wont go the lazy profitable ezmode answer of RNG.

Right because no other game has RNG in it.

See, I HATE the $15 a month games, because, just like Guild Wars 2, they’re designed around their payment scheme. Everything in those games is a time sink. Everything. Because they have to slow you down so you spend more time playing. Running the same raid dozens of times just to get one item I need to do the next raid? For $15 a month? LMFAO!

Sure there are people who like that. But there are a WHOLE lot of people who never liked it and a whole lot of people who used to like it and will never ever do it again.

Which is the bigger fan boi? You who are living in the past with your montly fee, raid rng nonsense, or us for accepting that a cosmetic skin isn’t such a big deal after all.

RNG exists in every game. Even yours.

Fused Weapons

Onshidesigns.1069

Could there be DR on chests?

Fused Weapons

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

10 chests, 10 keys, got a Fused token in chest 9.

Wish they had sound effects to match the cool fire effect though.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

I think i opened over 100 chest and get nothing… and what i do with all these….random items i only have to trash them cant even give buffers to any friend…

Also i thinking of leaving these game, get me mad in all ways….

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

Fused Weapons

Vayne.8563

Could there be DR on chests?

There’s no DR on chests.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

I finally got my ticket, 43rd try.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt