Goodbye Queensdale Train!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

It’s highly ironic how people claiming to be striving for a troll/abuse-free community have their comments so full of vitriol and gloating.

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: Tympani.2531

Tympani.2531

Boo, that zerg was helping me endure mesmer leveling. XD

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Queensdale is by far the worst, but the way people talk to each other in the starting maps is awful.

Not anymore if that was really the case and from my experience it wasn’t. Now QD will be abandoned aside from new players and people leveling alts.

I get it, Anet wants us to play like they want us to. They made that apparent with the change to dailies last month. They want to funnel us into areas and game modes they think are important. I don’t care for that. I don’t want some Anet enforced guidance in how I should play. The more they try to force my hand into playing where they want the less I want to play.

That being said, the QD nerf is a done deal. No matter what we debate it is over. Anet seems to have taken the approach of listening to a few. (see achievement point hunters and daily) Sad really.

The Burninator

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I’m saving a link to this thread. In a couple of months when the game sinks from #10 to #25 and is selling for 1/4 of the price, I’ll pull it up again. That’s my only interest in GW2 at this point. To see how far it falls.

Did you actually quit because of this? Why not learn how to play the game instead? About time the community stepped up and quit the AFK press 1 and wait.

I quit a month ago over the traits. I have no desire to come back. The reason Anet broke the train was it hurt the gem store. They will break ANYTHING that hurts the gem store. My interest will be watching it fall into the abyss like RIFT.

How sad that you would wish failure upon a game that so many people enjoy even though you do not.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Thank you Anet, the maps was filled with too much immaturity, a lot of cursing and obscenities..this move was for the best..

Except now that immaturity must now drip into other zones…..at least it was contained.

Seriously, this is a good change. Maybe some actual Champ runs will be set up in better zones now (for those that want that kind of game-play). There was a semi-champ train running in Cursed Shore last night (yes, I know it has been a thing since MS released).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: shawn.1298

shawn.1298

ITT: Players who didn’t run the queensdale train are happy that other players that enjoyed the train can no longer do so. “Play how you want” at its finest

Bait and switch I’d say.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

• Starter zones are where you are supposed to learn the game.
  • The game’s largely a zergfest.
  • Thus, having a train in the starter zone is actually good: it teaches players how to properly zerg.

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

• Thus, having a train in the starter zone is actually good: it teaches players how to properly zerg.

I think they’re trying to avoid that, haha.

…Actually, where else is a zerg needed, aside from WvW?

Posted by: wolvenra.9617

wolvenra.9617

So now all the level 80s will either move to high level zones or stand around the mystic toilet waiting for their queues to pop. Leaving Queensdale to become dead, just like all the other starting zones.

What a lovely impression this will make on any new players.

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

Haha, personally receive many more lewd/crude remarks when in WF, not QD over the last few weeks.
Well, a new champ farm train will be up and running no doubt. Anet wants us to grind yet punishes us for doing so. Good luck to the newbies trying to get the Champ Bandit vista and that bugger of a Skill Challenge there.
The game has changed for the worse, IMO. At least they fixed (sort of) the Adept traits this patch, making new toons do 100% on a level 60-70 area when they are most likely lvl 30-35 was ridiculous. Thank the Six that winter is over, and summer is here. Love the sunshine!!!!!

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Posted by: orenwolf.1953

orenwolf.1953

Nowhere. Don’t listen to the haters.

Posted by: Ladyhellfire.1368

Ladyhellfire.1368

I laughed so hard when I heard the news! Way to go Anet!
This is all positive. Those of us that are altoholics can clear the zone for the umpteenth time with none of the debilitating lag that has been there, especially since the megaserver. New players can look around, figure things out without getting their head bitten off for starting something without the “permission” of the almighty train. And newbie questions will be answered by any vet doing a key run or map clearing.
And let me say, if this is what makes people so mad they rage quit, I would have to say good riddance and thank you. You were clogging up our game any way.

(the views expressed in this post are not necessarily condoned by Anet)

(edited by Ladyhellfire.1368)

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Even in WvW, the zerg isn’t “Needed” – there’s plenty of roles for roamers to capture points and ruins and disrupt supply lines, or tightly-organized groups to put pressure on multiple forts to capture.

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Umm btw Ladyhellfire, it’s not dead.

EDIT: OMG I thought this was an old April 15th thread. Bejebus – it’s dead.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

(edited by Lankybrit.4598)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Pretty much all LS content.

JustTrogdor.7892

Those of us that are altoholics can clear the zone for the umpteenth time with none of the debilitating lag that has been there, especially since the megaserver.

Your lag isn’t necessarily related to the train. If you can’t handle QD without lag then I bet you lag like crazy in WvW. The lag is probably more on your end. But if you want to justify the change by screaming lag, go for it.

The Burninator

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Well that shoud help slow down the crazy influx of gold pouring into the economy finally

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Missing the Champ Train already?

Answer: The Crown Pavilion.

Just try to be nice to each other. There are far worse things happening in the world than the Champ Train getting nerfed.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

Dang, now I can’t solo champs for epic rage anymore!

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

New players that didn’t know of the existence of the train would kill a champ “out of order” and that annoyed the train. The train then went on this non-stop verbal spree abusing the new players. Definitely don’t want that happening.

New players in Queesndale would be hard pressed to take down a champ on their own. Very hard pressed. From my experience the verbal arguments came from experienced players purposely disrupting the train. Even then, most train regulars just ignored them.

Not saying that a single new player can take on a champ (they can try :P ) but really in a game like GW2 and especially so after megaservers, no one’s really fighting alone. If a single player is attempting to take on a champ, there’s bound to be someone that’ll end up helping the new guy. Before you know it, there’s a decent sized group taking on the champ and actually taking it out. I’ve done this myself where if I see someone struggling to beat something, I join in the fray.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the train too. After a long day at work, I enjoyed some mindless zerging. But the hate and vitriol caused by it was not worth it. The new players and the entire community is better off without it.

JustTrogdor.7892

Well that shoud help slow down the crazy influx of gold pouring into the economy finally

Yep, the coin from champs got nerfed a few times over the last few months. Now you will see a decrease in crafting mats placed on the TP and the price on them will rise. Without the train there are many less mats farmed or getting broken down from salvaging. So where does it pay off?

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Thank goodness I switched from the QD train to World Bosses lately – phew.

But they left Oak, and I sometimes do that before and/or after SB. So that’s cool.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

(edited by Lankybrit.4598)

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

It seems people are under the impressions that the champs only exist in low level areas. Take it easy folks, people will find another zone to start a champ train in within a couple of months if not even less.

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

Yep, the coin from champs got nerfed a few times over the last few months. Now you will see a decrease in crafting mats placed on the TP and the price on them will rise. So where does it pay off?

Going out into the world and doing other events?

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

Posted by: Ladyhellfire.1368

Ladyhellfire.1368

Those of us that are altoholics can clear the zone for the umpteenth time with none of the debilitating lag that has been there, especially since the megaserver.

Your lag isn’t necessarily related to the train. If you can’t handle QD without lag then I bet you lag like crazy in WvW. The lag is probably more on your end. But if you want to justify the change by screaming lag, go for it.

I actually do better in WvW than QD. But really cool of you to zero in on that, thank you!

JustTrogdor.7892

I actually do better in WvW than QD. But really cool of you to zero in on that, thank you!

I don’t see how your lag problems are an issue then. WvW is much more intensive due to all the character models and players in the map. I’m not sure what WvW server you are on but at any given time on most WvW maps there are way more people than in QD. But you want to make it an issue because you don’t support it. Have fun with that.

The Burninator

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

So, the low level map populations just died.

Welcome to EoTM.

And watch EOTM get nerfed because of all the people being rude going there since they just moved the problem without really fixing nothing.

This game doesn’t need rude people players need to start reporting people who curse, if you did that we would have less ignorant gamers..

So you automatically assume from my post that I don’t ever report rude players? Nice fail on your part as you are very very wrong on that as I report rude players all the time.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

So now all the level 80s will either move to high level zones or stand around the mystic toilet waiting for their queues to pop. Leaving Queensdale to become dead, just like all the other starting zones.

What a lovely impression this will make on any new players.

You seriously think being Gank-Yelled at by 50 cyber-bullies for engaging a Champ out of rotation was a GOOD impression?

BTW, I’ve never been in a dead starter zone since the MS release, so I’m not sure what game you are talking about. I’ve been helping my son clear the starter zones and all of them have ample players in them (even before the MS system, my server had decent populations in all of them as well). If anything, they may be a bit over crowded and some of the Renown Hearts can take a bit too long to complete while you have to wait on items / enemies to respawn due to competition from other players.

There are tons of other zones that have Champs in them that can be “trained” if anyone takes the initiative to start one. Champ slaying is much more enjoyable with 5-10 other players anyway.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

People complain, champ train added.

People complain, champ train removed.

We’re just going in circled now… You people are wasting dev resources.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Attachments:

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

JustTrogdor.7892

The Burninator

Posted by: ProperDave.7425

ProperDave.7425

It’s disappointing the train’s been nerfed – I’ve spent most of the past year running with the trains on AG under the guise of Lord Train – helping players learn not just the train route but how to play the game, helping in the low level areas.

I lot of the negative sentiment for the train in AG map chat was from players deliberately disrupting the train with intent (that is, boasting about killing champs to disrupt the train). It has to make you wonder what goes through some people’s heads. Something’s definitely not right when you take pleasure in disrupting play for others.

The majority of the players on the routes I ran with expressed they were doing the train routes to complete dailies on monthlies – which given how Guild Wars 2 has a collaborative play aspect made perfect sense – everyone working together to achieve a common goal. The trains did make it easier to collaboratively complete goals. The rewards helped provide an incentive to players to continue committing the effort.

To each his own – as the saying goes. We all play the game differently.

— ProperDave of Aurora Glade [EU] | http://auroragla.de
Guild Font Pack and Emblem Generator | http://gw2.properdave.com
Plotty GW2 GPS and custom GW2 Maps | http://gw2maps.com

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

I hope they add a new champ train to another zone.

What do you mean? Almost every zone has a champ train. It’s always been mystery to me why people chose Queensdale to begin with. It’s definitely not even in the top 10 zones for fun champ trains. In Fields of Ruin you can literally be killing a champ nonstop, it’s only like 20 seconds walk at the longest to go from champ to champ.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

lol, this game… I never liked the QD train and I think I spent an overall 20 minutes ever in this endeavour. Mostly to finish dailies, but even then, once I arrived at the “wait for boar” boredom, I could not stomach it and was puzzled by people saying “oh, just 2 more days in here and I am level 80”. How could people endure that? But still, apparently it was something worthwhile for them to do. But hey, THIS IS NOT HOW THE GAME IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED (iron fist smacking on table). With the same update (let´s ignore for a moment the shadow of doubt that this is a bug), we get the pavillon again. I will not argue, this was a seriously silly and equally boring farm event with some HP sacks tossed in. And now? It is still a silly and equally boring event, minus the farming. Who comes up with these design decisions? I had it with this game, you will not see me nagging again in this forum, most of the time defending the game and earning refractions while doing that (weird moderation as any bile against the product and company is leisurely tolerated).

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Oh no – that means they’ll all come over into FGS now… there goes the neighborhood.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

K.

Now please make the higher zones better.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I hope they add a new champ train to another zone.

What do you mean? Almost every zone has a champ train. It’s always been mystery to me why people chose Queensdale to begin with. It’s definitely not even in the top 10 zones for fun champ trains. In Fields of Ruin you can literally be killing a champ nonstop, it’s only like 20 seconds walk at the longest to go from champ to champ.

It (Queensdale) was the first someone actually wrote up a path for. I found the same thing you did… almost every map has a potential train in it – noone looks hard enough and posts it.

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

Leveled five characters … check.
Map completion … check.
Personal Story completed … check
Tried PvP, didn’t like it … check.
Play WvW … check
Completed LS … check
Run all paths of all dungeons at least once … check.
Undertook going for Legendary … no way to get T6 mats by farming with DR … pre-cursor is at +1000 gp and counting … champ train gone …

Just curious, from all those who are happy the train is gone – what am I SUPPOSED to be doing? I set my goal for a Legendary, and yeah, it’s supposed to be hard to get. But I’m probably going to take a break now, because not only is the end still out of reach, the means to get it are being taken away. I’m tired of feeling more like a beggar than an earner.

(edited by mjhungness.8059)

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Coming up next :::

Kessex Hills Chamion Farm Train
Brisban Wildlands Champion Farm Train
etc.
etc.
etc.

People will eventually learn new areas, and then all the whining and complaining about champ farm traisn is going to start all over again. Removing the farm train from the starter areas isn’t doing much, just saying.

Those are more appropriate venues however. I’m not particularly keen on champ trains being the first experience new players get in the game. They seem to be magnets for the wrong kinds of people.

Or it could just be they get really bored from all that button-mashing.

Yup. Its a Gigantic difference! Instead of my first experience the game has to offer, it will be my second experience! YES!!!!!!!

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Good riddance but too late. Champ trains are the worst thing that happened to this game. It’s so Mindless yet more rewarding than anything else. I remember running high level fractals over a year ago and barely making any gold while zerg train players were raking in the cash while being able to finish up a season of breaking bad. It’s also one of the reasons everyone has Legendaries it’s so easy to make gold in this game

Posted by: shawn.1298

shawn.1298

Good riddance but too late. Champ trains are the worst thing that happened to this game. It’s so Mindless yet more rewarding than anything else. I remember running high level fractals over a year ago and barely making any gold while zerg train players were raking in the cash while being able to finish up a season of breaking bad. It’s also one of the reasons everyone has Legendaries it’s so easy to make gold in this game

Well they got rid of it because it was rewarding. Nothing else. A person could start a new alt, do the train a couple of hours a day, and in week have a level 35 and enough gold to buy a new character slot. That’s why it was removed. Not because of abusive talk in Queensdale, not because people were “playing wrong,” not because people weren’t exploring, but because it hurt the gem store.

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

I don’t like this change I can no longer head into Queensdale and kill one of the champions early to annoy the train

Well I’m at least hoping that there will be some tears on map chat, don’t care if I have to dig for them on the Breachmaker.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

JustTrogdor.7892

I remember running high level fractals over a year ago and barely making any gold while zerg train players were raking in the cash while being able to finish up a season of breaking bad.

Yeah, you don’t know what you are talking about. Even before the QD train coin reward got nerfed for the first time the gold earned wasn’t much, especially when waypoint costs were factored in. Most people ran the train to level up alts, do daily or do monthly plus the karma reward that wasn’t available from FGS train. Almost no one I know of ran it for gold. I do fractals and dungeons as well and they always pay off better in loot than trains.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Leveled five characters … check.
Map completion … check.
Personal Story completed … check
Tried PvP, didn’t like it … check.
Play WvW … check
Completed LS … check
Run all paths of all dungeons at least once … check.
Undertook going for Legendary … no way to get T6 mats by farming with DR … pre-cursor is at +1000 gp and counting … champ train gone …

Just curious, from all those who are happy the train is gone – what am I SUPPOSED to be doing? I set my goal for a Legendary, and yeah, it’s supposed to be hard to get. But I’m probably going to take a break now, because not only is the end still out of reach, the means to get it are being taken away. I’m tired of feeling more like a beggar than an earner.

I was looking forward to farming the new Crown Pavillon event for t6 for my legendary but now there is nothing, no loot AT ALL. In a certain way farming for items is so discouraging in this game that it pushes people to find exploits and doesn’t help toeliminate the gold sellers junk.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Once again, ANet giveth and ANet taketh away. At least they’re consistent in the whole, “Play how you want as long as it’s the way we want you to play.” Also, at least they didn’t turn them into Elites, the game’s version of refrigerators for igloos.

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

If it’s money you’re after, the train was the worst way to go about it. Do newbie areas, get newbie funds.

JustTrogdor.7892

At least they’re consistent in the whole, “Play how you want as long as it’s the way we want you to play.”

Yep and it is sad really. Maybe they should draw up a some sort of instructions of how we are supposed to play so I don’t have to keep guessing and being disappointed when I’m wrong.

The Burninator

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

Well, this thread uses the word ’Vitriol" in epic proportions. Oddly though, I have rarely heard this horrible QD chat that some of you all keep referring to.

Any new players will probably be heading for the exit soon after they find out what the traits system is, and why they won’t have any.

I would postulate that most low level players that you encounter are just alts that will end up buying the traits with stockpiled skill scrolls and gold. That’s what I plan on doing anyway.

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

Somehow this discussion reminds me of the Facebook discussion about Top stories: Big companies do what they want, its take it or leave it!

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Funny I just hopped over to Queensdale to check out the map chat and some guy was ranting repeatedly about where the train was… no more QD Train yay!