Game Updates: Guild World Events, Megaservers, WvW

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: peppygrowlithe.5109

peppygrowlithe.5109

Please take the Megaservers away from home capitals. It’ll be great for the open world, but it’s not needed here. It’s currently implemented in the Black Citadel, the Grove, and Rata Sum. Load times are long, and it’s distracting when we’re trying to craft!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I have a thought / suggestion for the waypoint issue.

As it stands, the game runs an algorithm to determine which is the best instance to put you in when you map. Is there a way this algorithm could be expanded to periodically ‘look ahead’ at the ‘most likely’ maps you might move to, and determine based on ‘best instance’ what the state is?

Perhaps there isn’t a means of accurately determining where a character is most likely to jump to, since that data collection and computation could be well…hazardous to one’s health, but perhaps looking at adjacent maps?

Personally, I’d like to simply see something like this for Orr, since there are so many contested waypoints. It could then potentially solve the issue of the cross map god shrines, since it would be logical that if your ideal instance is ‘a’ in malchor’s, that a similar ‘a’ instance would be available for straights, which could tie the shrines together.

Although, admittedly without seeing the code, it’s hard to put those puzzle pieces together.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: BulletNG.7069

BulletNG.7069

WvW suggestion here.

WvW seems to be neglected with features as of recently. The best thing you did so far was to make WXP Account Bound. Thank you kindly for that, but we expected more.

How about making a similar Rewards Track that you have in sPVP function the same way but in WvW?

From a concerned Bronze Invader,
Bullet

Dawn of Dementia [DUI] – Yak’s Bend
Formerly: Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

This really affects rp’ers I guess but that should encourage them to go meet other rp’ers who they are merged onto the same map with. Otherwise I like it a lot. The areas ive seen it affect, like major cities, looks really awesome

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

We need a manual instance selection menu, complete with indicators as to the numbers of guild members/server-mates/friends on any given instance, and how full the instance is.

Anything less than this will just generate a mess when trying to coordinate with friends. The automatic system is good, but it cannot predict every scenario. Give us the tools for when “auto” is not good enough.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

(edited by titanlectro.5029)

Posted by: UncleOris.1892

UncleOris.1892

Just leave the citys alone. It would show at least some kind of understanding from you guys and gals.

Posted by: ANGELofPAIN.4809

ANGELofPAIN.4809

This really affects rp’ers I guess but that should encourage them to go meet other rp’ers who they are merged onto the same map with. Otherwise I like it a lot. The areas ive seen it affect, like major cities, looks really awesome

you read the rp thread?
not even the rp’ers from TC are at one map … how to find new rp’ers if they do not even find themselves … and all their rp-spots are blockt with no-rp’ers … they have much more problems as only the full chat

the EU rp’ers from piken, drakkar [de] and … have much more “fun” with the language mix

Posted by: Ankushp.7245

Ankushp.7245

Please exclude Home Cities from the Megaserver System! I used to go to Rata Sum to peacefully do my crafting , organising my bank and checking trade post. Its ridiculously crowded now……We go to home cities to escape the hell that Gendarren is!!

Also while i really cannot give any alternate suggestion for this….the “Time Table” system of Bosses seems to be a major blow to the Dynamic Events system which is the Heart of this Game. On second thoughts can u please lower the cost of guilds hosting their mega boss events….

However i also feel that overall the mega server system is a blessing to servers with low population. Just that something will have to be done to prepare maps to hold so many people better…

Posted by: Windleaf.8725

Windleaf.8725

As prompted by CC Danicia to post here, I’ll just copy from the other thread i made:

If ANET finds it in their heart for those players of the community who enjoy roleplay, please implement a filter system preferably in the account page next to the friends list and such, where a check-box would be found stating “Roleplay”, and the ability to check it or leave it unchecked, so that the system pairs people also based on that algorithm, roleplayers and non-roleplayers. I am sure a lot of roleplayers would appreciate such a system. If people have better ideas to improve such a system, post away!

Posted by: loboram.4096

loboram.4096

1. Megaserver system, it does nothing for the players who actually want to play on low population servers to get acquainted with the game and not have other players ridiculing them for not knowing the game yet. Also the language barrier is a mega setback as it will lead to problems in-game as players will have a harder time team-working as the prerequisite for team-working is communication.
1a. Megaserver solution, increasing populations on any given map to overcome obstacles and events is great but the easiest way to implement the megaserver system would be to make it language specific especially here in Europe. Instead of world selection you have a language selection. For players who prefer low population servers the megaserver system could be implemented as a channel function and list the number of players on any given map so the players can freely choose whether they want a high population channel or low population channel leading to any specific map.

Posted by: Teyrul.7804

Teyrul.7804

It’s not possible to play on EU servers with this system.
The map chat contains so many languages, it’s not fun.
Also it’s really hard to do guild missions since the guild members are spread and not on one server.

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

I am the kind of player who enjoys cross-server guilds. I can have all my interactions with my guild when I /want/ by guesting over and can have all the interactions with my server by talking in /map. I understand I am in a very small minority for interactivity preferences with other players, but would you please allow us the option to opt out of megaservers?

As a suggestion for that, since I know the system likely won’t allow us to just opt out straight up, allow us the option to modify what it should prioritize when sorting us, such as in my case, I can set it so the server with the most players from my home server is top priority, then however I’m feeling I can modify afterwords. That way, we have a psuedo-opt-out that I’m certain we can be happy with because we can have some level of control over what it does.

If the above suggestion would be too taxing to the server to use (after all, that is a lot of players who would be modifying it) how about you set a timer or a (gem store) item that would require some kind of incentive to not change it ever 30 minutes.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

Who thought it was a good idea to activate the Megaservers without a warning beforehand? We were just doing a Guild Bounty, found Trillia in Fields in Ruin and all my guild members WPed in. We were in at least three different versions of the map! And as the Megaservers were not activated 15 minutes ago the confusion was very big. In the end most guild members missed the kill, missed the reward en were pretty unhappy. As I am. If I had known that the Megaserver thing was started on this map we would have done it in another way.

And the Megaserver technology did not put us all in the same map although we are all in the same home world and in the same guild. This first example of the Megaserver technology does not make me have any faith in this system.

tldr;
We missed our guild bounty reward because the megaserver was activated without proper warning. The technology behind it failed to put guild members doing a guild mission in the same map. Big fail.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

I love how people in this thread are already blaming the megaserver for how bad their experience is, when it’s only so far been rolled out in the Heart of the Mists.

The mega server isn’t active. If you’re experience a problem in DR that affects you’re RP, it was already like this.

What you’re probably experiencing is far more people logging into the game because it’s a big patch that got a lot of promotion.

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

I love how people in this thread are already blaming the megaserver for how bad their experience is, when it’s only so far been rolled out in the Heart of the Mists.

The mega server isn’t active. If you’re experience a problem in DR that affects you’re RP, it was already like this.

What you’re probably experiencing is far more people logging into the game because it’s a big patch that got a lot of promotion.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Megaserver-Rollout-Update/first#post3909472

It’s been rolled out in a lot more places then heart of the mists…

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

I really did not like the idea of the MegaServer from the get-go but I thought I’d keep an open mind after days of complaining. Yesterday is when the patch rolled in and I must say I have already had a bad first impression.

I was in a party with someone that was in my own home server (Tarnished Coast). We were in the same city (The Grove) but guess what? We were NOT in the same “district”. Sure we could’ve just easily clicked the ‘join player in…’ button but Anet said we would be paired with people in our party, friends list, and server. Hmm, that’s funny, I’m 3/3 on the checklist and we still were in a different district.

The chat that was coming from the town was completely ridiculous as well. I know that you’ll always have those “clowns” that talk trash or mindless hoo-ha. I chose Tarnished Coast as my server because from talking to other people in the server prior to transferring, they said TC had some enjoyable people to play with. Well they were certainly right! TC has been a blast. Notice the past tense there.

I was doing an event last night in Orr. As far as I’m aware, Orr has not been affected by the MegaServer but it gave me a taste of what it would be like. I have to say, I did not like it one bit. There was way too many people there. My FPS lowered significantly. I can just see how every major event will turn into this 100+ person crowd. I do not like this at all and neither did the people in my guild at the time.

I won’t elaborate further as I am sure you get the gist of it. Please Anet, stop with this MegaServer now!

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

Posted by: Sir Isaac The Great.5341

Sir Isaac The Great.5341

Whoever decided to change the world boss spawns….fire them. Who the hell would be stupid enough to think that was a good idea. It is like you guys are trying to kitten people off enough to say kitten this game….

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I like how Anet said that it would be coming to cities, then to low population maps, then just heart of the mists, then it would be slower than they had announced, then within 12 hours, it’s progressing nicely, and they’ve turned it on in 4 of the 5 major cities, and 1/3 of the total maps. Can we ever get a straight answer?

Posted by: Clloydio.3524

Clloydio.3524

Megaservers and Guild Missions

I’m the guild leader of a large EU (Desolation) guild. We do guild missions twice a week and have members of multiple nationalities. The megaserver system is raising two main issues for us:

- The guild is split when we join a map. Consequently we have to join up in one map via slightly awkward party hopping. In today’s mission we had two people activate Trillia in two different Fields of Ruins: only one group got credit.

- Guild mission activation can still be done by anyone in the guild. This is a larger issue now as we could have members who are not aware of what is going on activate missions on a different overflow to ours as we are taxiing into the map. We had to kick someone today for starting a mission before people are there: it’s not a pleasant experience and makes what is generally a fun guild event a bit of an organisational minefield.

Hopefully something can be done about these issues. I suspect they will be a significant barrier to guilds completing guild world bosses as well.

- Ben

Posted by: CheapGamer.3691

CheapGamer.3691

I would prefer the system of choosing between Megaserver, Home World and possible Overflows. Or at the very least leave cities out of the Megaserver system.

Engineer Cheapgamer [TRON] Magumma

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I like how Anet said that it would be coming to cities, then to low population maps, then just heart of the mists, then it would be slower than they had announced, then within 12 hours, it’s progressing nicely, and they’ve turned it on in 4 of the 5 major cities, and 1/3 of the total maps. Can we ever get a straight answer?

Yes how dare they make progress?
They should of course stay in one zone for several weeks even if it works flawlessly!

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: CheapGamer.3691

CheapGamer.3691

I also guess anet did not anticipate the issue of if most of your friends/guildmates/party members are in a full map (which the point of the megaserver is to fill maps to full) then you cant join them.

Engineer Cheapgamer [TRON] Magumma

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

remove megaservers from orr kthx. theres no way of knowing when balthazar is open for those wanting obby shards, and theres no way to tell when temples are up except way pointing around like a lunatic.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Becka Williams.4978

Yes how dare they make progress?
They should of course stay in one zone for several weeks even if it works flawlessly!

How do you know it works flawlessly?

(edited by Becka Williams.4978)

Posted by: Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Rin of Rivvinda.4971

I like to have a mega server ADDED to the game were you can find more players when your own server map is empty, However, forcing everyone on Megaserver and lose home servers completely is a bad idea.

So please give us the choice to join our own server like we had it till now or the megaserver.

If you join the megaserver, you are on the mega server the whole time, no popups or what ever.

If you join your home server you can still run into the megaserver as it could take over the role of overflow servers and also double as an underflow server were you can go when numbers on your server map are low. In these cases you will be notified when your home server has space again for you, just like we now have with overflow servers.

The reason why:
There are plenty of reasons why you want more control over the server where you want to be in than just player numbers. Most home servers have their own player base with players that know each others. Some like to role play, others like to relax and hang out together, set up community driven events, go on temple/worldboss runs together, try your luck to solo a world boss, organizing a community/large guild organized world boss event (teq/tri-wurm), find a place with less players due to a bad internet connection, you name it.
With mega-servers everyone just get piled into one map. Even though the system should help with letting guild members/friend end up on the same copy of a map, this is not always working. I agree that it can become better in time, but you always keep problems when many players flood into a map fast to complete certain event that starts there, resulting in part of your friends ending up on a different copy of that map.

A solution:
It would be nice if megaserver could be added as an extra pve server you could guest or even move too. It would be not be part of WvW so even if you move to mega server, you remain on your current server for WvW things. Only for pve thing you log into the mega server as default.
Also if you are on your own main server and come into a map with only a few players on it, you could get a popup telling you that you can join the megaserver instead to find more players there. Last but not least, Overflow servers would be replaced by mega server as well, you will still get an popup telling you when your home server has space again.

I could add a lot more details but that would make the wall of text even longer.

I hope this can be taken into consideration as organizing events like we do now on our server with multiple guilds together are going to be very hard with only the megaservers since the group is prone to be spread across multiple copies of the map with the event on it. (we already noticed that today when some guild members joined a baltazar run and others could not join due to ending up in a different copy of the map. Yes this could party be solved by ‘taxing’ everyone on the same map but this will not fix all problems and is also a pain to go through everytime you want to have to join an event together.

We have worked hard to organize Our server to be able to deal with larger events these last weeks, please do not let our effort go to waste by removing the ability to join on larger events together.

So add a mega server YES
Lose all the home server in PvE, NO

Vin Lady Venture, Leader of RiFa on FoW

Vin Lady Venture, of The Rising Falcons [RiFa]
member of the Fissure of Woe (FoW) community

lordkrall.7241

I have never claimed that it does.
But you seems to be demanding that they do nothing at all to change their plans if things actually work as they should.

We have known since they announced MegaServers that they would be adding more and more maps until all maps were added. They said nothing about the speed of it nor did they specifically state which maps they would start with.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Becka Williams.4978

I have never claimed that it does.
But you seems to be demanding that they do nothing at all to change their plans if things actually work as they should.

We have known since they announced MegaServers that they would be adding more and more maps until all maps were added. They said nothing about the speed of it nor did they specifically state which maps they would start with.

No, my point was that they said one thing, and then did another. I care what they do, but I just want a straight answer, rather than one that suggests one thing, and gets my hopes up, and then to find out later that they’re doing something else, that they didn’t say. I have no idea how having megaserver working for less than 12 hours in the PVP lobby means that it’s working well enough that they can open it up to 1/3 of all the maps.

lordkrall.7241

They said they would add it to low-pop areas, and that is exactly what they have done now. So I really don’t see what the issue is.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Becka Williams.4978

They said they would add it to low-pop areas, and that is exactly what they have done now. So I really don’t see what the issue is.

Yes, but they seemed to indicate that it wouldn’t come to cities, and that the roll out would be slower than anticipated. If they’re just going to open it to every map in one or 2 days, why even talk about a rollout?

lordkrall.7241

Yes, but they seemed to indicate that it wouldn’t come to cities, and that the roll out would be slower than anticipated. If they’re just going to open it to every map in one or 2 days, why even talk about a rollout?

Because if they didn’t people would claim that they lied if not every single map in the game got added to the MegaServers at once.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Becka Williams.4978

Because if they didn’t people would claim that they lied if not every single map in the game got added to the MegaServers at once.

You continue to whiteknight. I’m going to go and figure out what to do in this game, now that I can’t farm world bosses anymore.

Posted by: AxelFace.6728

AxelFace.6728

Repost from my topic:

“I would like to thank the guild wars devs for not thinking of us rpers.
This megaserver has not only torn apart the ease of rping with my entire guild, but has now halted the creation of a new one that was becoming very successful.

I logged in today to people actually complaining about being around rpers and as I offered a suggestion to it I was attacked and categorized. Well that was a great to see and not a great first introduction or impression.
My entire rp guild also logged on and we were thrown about into different shards. Also not a great first impression now that it’s been made a pain to plan and get together for in character rp events that were never before difficult.
And no more impromptu random in character rp encounters with people, or at least very little.

This is very upsetting and frustrating. Rping was a huge reason why I was still playing. After I play for a few more weeks, if this keeps up I’m just going to be leaving as will most of my rping community.

The cons:
-I can’t easily log in and see my guild members
-I CAN use party but why should I be going through a huge amount of effort to rp with my community
-Very little room for spontaneous rp with randoms

Here is some suggestions:
-Create an option where you can pick the ‘shard’ your put in
-An added option to pick a specific ‘rp’ shard
-Remove megaservers from main cities "

(edited by AxelFace.6728)

lordkrall.7241

You continue to whiteknight. I’m going to go and figure out what to do in this game, now that I can’t farm world bosses anymore.

And you continue to try and find issues about every single thing in the game, so I suppose it evens out

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Megaservered areas are much too crowded… Everybody started to lag on bosses. :/

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Becka Williams.4978

And you continue to try and find issues about every single thing in the game, so I suppose we are “removing” each other

So, what you’re saying is that there are absolutely NO ISSUES with this patch, whatsoever?

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Why are there megaservers in Orr? I thought the blogpost said that megaservers would not be in Orr due to temple scheduling and the problems involved. But the list in the post today shows Straits is included.

lordkrall.7241

So, what you’re saying is that there are absolutely NO ISSUES with this patch, whatsoever?

I have never even implied something like that.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

A little busy to elaborate, but, as others have said, please keep Megaservers out of cities. It allows roleplayers a safe place to roleplay, and gives players a place to talk to their home server members.

Open-world megaservers seem okay. Keep megaservers out of cities.

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

MEGASERVEUR!
Especially in Europe, where he virtually 6 different languages??. This is a mess!

The mixture is not possible. Unable to find his friends that his server had chosen not to be mixed with others.
In France, we can not fully ralier a French server, you end up with tons of people that are not comprent language.
Bring normal server, please!

EragamerLG.2390
I believe that’s not how the Megaserver System works.. Language is one of the variables the algorithms take into account, along with all the others, but it is indeed one of them, and I’ll say it’s probably one of the primary ones too. I don’t think you’ll have problems with languages overflowing.
Plus, if you want to find people of your specific language to do certain content, you can always use the newly added language filter in the lfg tool, it’s not just for dungeons.

Halvorn.9831
This. If you don’t fix this quickly, you will lose players in droves.

Halvorn.9831
It does not work this way. In a lot of maps mapchat currently is an unreadable mess.
This won’t work. Maybe US citizens cannot imagine how it is to life on a continent with +10 major languages, but I can tell you, that the overwhelming majority of my guildies bought this game because a localized version and language-specific servers are available. If that goes away, so will the players.

zMajc.4659
I was in Mists after patch and it was a total chaos with people talking in french, spanish and german all over the place.
PLEASE, PLEASE enforce a more strict separation between FR/DE/SPanish language servers and international servers else this will be a total fail.

Taygus.4571
Megaserver really should have split the EU into three regions; French/German/English.
We still have guesting options, so people who want to play in either region for whatever, can.
But today we had people asking at karka “why is this English”?
This will suck quite a bit for people who want to speak their own language.
Anet, you were decent enough to have other languages to English, so why do you insist on combining us altogether?.
_
To reply to OP, the thing I hate. Traits unlocking at higher levels, meaning it’s even more important to get to lv80 so you can have everything unlocked.
and leveling will suck for most classes. I really dont understand why they felt the need to unlock traits at a later level.
The could have had them start at lv15(5 points) , while still changing the other things they wanted (like having to explore to get traits ).
Why anet, why leave them locked to 30??

Ravenfield.9863:
I second the EU-Megaserver problems!
I don’t mind a lot of mixed languages because I speak english, german and a bit of french but I guess most of the playerbase doesn’t and so I could witness, within 5 minutes of being logged in at Rata Sum, germans complaining about french; frenchmen complaining about germans; english speaking people shouting “ENGLISH PLS” because they didn’t get a single word and a few spaniards chatting with themselves.
At least for the language/country specific servers we need the system to do a better sorting so people aren’t upset about that kind of foreign-bazaaresque atmosphere

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Becka Williams.4978

I have never even implied something like that.

“Try to find” implies that there aren’t any issues to find.

Becka Williams.4978

Malchor’s leap was megaserved. Why isn’t it on the list of maps? Now I have no clue when dwayna or lyssa will be up. Thanks Anet.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Why are there megaservers in Orr? I thought the blogpost said that megaservers would not be in Orr due to temple scheduling and the problems involved. But the list in the post today shows Straits is included.

They never said that. They actually said the opposite that Orr will be eventually part of the megaservers and the cross map mechanics will not work as originally programmed.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Becka Williams.4978

Mount maelstrom, also megaserved. Also not on the list.

lordkrall.7241

“Try to find” implies that there aren’t any issues to find.

Nah, it was more a comment about the fact that more or less everytime one sees you on these forums it has to do with complain about every little potential thing that could be complained about.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

Please exclude Home Cities from the Megaserver System! I used to go to Rata Sum to peacefully do my crafting , organising my bank and checking trade post. Its ridiculously crowded now……We go to home cities to escape the hell that Gendarren is!!

Also while i really cannot give any alternate suggestion for this….the “Time Table” system of Bosses seems to be a major blow to the Dynamic Events system which is the Heart of this Game. On second thoughts can u please lower the cost of guilds hosting their mega boss events….

However i also feel that overall the mega server system is a blessing to servers with low population. Just that something will have to be done to prepare maps to hold so many people better…

I think last night was not really a MegaServer issue, but was related to people checking out their new wardrobe. Once the excitement settles down I think the cities will be calmer.

Guild warrior for life!

Becka Williams.4978

Fireheart rise was megaserved. Also not on the list.

Becka Williams.4978

Snowden drifts was megaserved. Not on the list.

lordkrall.7241

Maybe, just maybe they aren’t sitting with the window open and updating the post every second?

Maybe they decided to wait until the day is over and give us an overview instead of constantly update the post?

Or maybe they haven’t megaservered them at all, but you are assuming they have?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Becka Williams.4978

List of zones I’ve found that aren’t megaserved: Lornar’s, frostgorge, queensdale, ascalon, metrica, Caledon, cursed shore, Kessex hills, gendaran, bloodtide, sparkfly. I don’t think that’s an exhaustive list, but it means that most maps have been megaserved. Some role out. Also, the waypoint system has come to every map, even those that haven’t been megaserved. Look at ascalon, and you’ll see every waypoint contest. Port in, and most of them won’t be.

Posted by: Trixxy.6937

Trixxy.6937

As they are now, the Megaservers fail hard. Kinda killing the spirit of gw2 pve.

The new fixed times for meta events suck. They really kill the flow of the story in those areas. Many times today I’ve seen people doing the preevents only for the event to just go “kitten ” and end awkwardly because bosses can now only spawn at specific times. Its unnatural. I definately prefered being able to just go to an area and get the pre-events running and actually make stuff happen. Waiting for stuff to happen sucks hard.

The allocation of players to megaservers is random at best. Mostly notable on euro servers where its now all just a mess of languages and ragers demanding english. Its also upset the flow of Guild Missions. What use to be a rare annoyance in a highly populated map due to Living Story or what ever event that was forcing overflows that would split guilds up who had guild missions in those areas is now becomming quite a common pain. For our guild missions recently our guild was split between multiple megaservers in Fields of Ruin and Timberland Falls and we had to spend around 10mins inbetween breaking and reforming parties ferrying our guildmates to a selected megaserver.

They also lag a little more then the old servers.

To end off, what seemed reasonable in the earlier blogs about megaservers is seriously outweighed by the problems that come with it. IMO a megaserver should be an OPTION for people on low-pop servers or during off-peak times if there’s a real struggle for numbers to get event chains running, but the old original servers must remain as they are.. well.. as they were before the update 15th april. All maps.

Forced megaservers are not cool.

“May Your Steps Be Relentless”