Game Updates: Guild World Events, Megaservers, WvW

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Thareen.5471

Thareen.5471

Yesterday we had a scheduled wurm run, but since we were unable to create a empty enough map to fit enough experienced players in (usually it works but it takes time) in time we just cancelled and said that we would make at least one wurm, so it was not a total loss. Out of initially 100 that wanted to do wurm, around 20 stayed. That plus a whole lot of randoms tried that.
We let one of our more experienced commanders for that tag up and we explained everything (for those unwilling to read it up on dulfy for just 5 minutes), in at least four different languages (french, spanish, english and german).
Guess what, not even that worked. Why bother helping out random players when they won´t listen anyway and just autohitting the invulnerable wurm all the time or sabotaging the sensitive event on ember during that.
Yesterday showed me a whole new side of that megaserver business.
Usually on Tequatl this might actually work sometimes, but certainly not on wurm.
Make it instanced please. We can and will fill the event up with friends anyways so no place is wasted and everyone there is happy.

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Why would random new players listen to a word, when up until Wurm or Teq, all they know is to zerg and use auto-attack? Because thats what Megaservers encourage. You tell the zerg-raised newbies to stack might or to use condition damage on a specific kind of enemy, and they have no idea what you are talking about.

If megaservers stay the way they are, it will only get worse. The gap between newbies and skillfull players grow wider, to the point where proper training and explaining falls on deaf ears. All the while the megaservers actually force these two kinds of players together. Newbies will struggle to get credit for events (most of the time dont even realizing why they dont get credit), while skillfull players struggle to explain things when it would be vital.

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

Why would random new players listen to a word, when up until Wurm or Teq, all they know is to zerg and use auto-attack? Because thats what Megaservers encourage. You tell the zerg-raised newbies to stack might or to use condition damage on a specific kind of enemy, and they have no idea what you are talking about.

If megaservers stay the way they are, it will only get worse. The gap between newbies and skillfull players grow wider, to the point where proper training and explaining falls on deaf ears. All the while the megaservers actually force these two kinds of players together. Newbies will struggle to get credit for events (most of the time dont even realizing why they dont get credit), while skillfull players struggle to explain things when it would be vital.

Actually, it’ll all turn the same… Even skilled players will lose their skill in the long run, as they won’t have to use said skill to level up or do events. They’ll be consumed by the zerg, as you can see in the link i’ve included in my previous post. Heck, i’ve seen it happening to me already, even after having many level 80’s! And Skynet is still fresh.

The game has turned from fun to boring, with lag, inability to target anything (as it dies too quickly before you manage to react), or even inability to join an event in progress. Why? Simply cause it ends in seconds.

I’ve seen people ditching their melee weapons and go ranged, as it’s virtually almost impossible to get near an enemy to attack now (unless said enemy is a random foe in the world, not linked to a heart or event). New players stick close to the zerg, and simply follow, doing nothing but a few “Void” swings in thin air…. or spam a targeted AoE. If they hit, all is well. If not, all is well too. And then an AoE spams from an enemy, and you see them dropping like flies.

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

Posted by: Speckly.3729

Speckly.3729

Actually, it’ll all turn the same… Even skilled players will lose their skill in the long run, as they won’t have to use said skill to level up or do events. They’ll be consumed by the zerg, as you can see in the link i’ve included in my previous post. Heck, i’ve seen it happening to me already, even after having many level 80’s! And Skynet is still fresh.

The game has turned from fun to boring, with lag, inability to target anything (as it dies too quickly before you manage to react), or even inability to join an event in progress. Why? Simply cause it ends in seconds.

I’ve seen people ditching their melee weapons and go ranged, as it’s virtually almost impossible to get near an enemy to attack now (unless said enemy is a random foe in the world, not linked to a heart or event). New players stick close to the zerg, and simply follow, doing nothing but a few “Void” swings in thin air…. or spam a targeted AoE. If they hit, all is well. If not, all is well too. And then an AoE spams from an enemy, and you see them dropping like flies.

The day the final maps got it, a group of upwards of a dozen people were trying to take Wren Waypoint back because it had become contested in off-hours. (Prior to the megaserver you could usually count on one or two others MAYBE.) Huge waves of mobs spawn with that many players around, and all but about three of us were dead after the first thirty seconds. Those ten people on the ground refused to run from the nearest WP, and as a result it took more than twenty minutes to finish a simple recapture event because every time the couple of us who knew what we were doing managed to clear everything out, their being there caused mobs for a large group to spawn even though only a couple of us were actually alive. We died. More than once.

Iiii have never seen anything like that happen before. I was frustrated enough that when we finally retook the camp I just gave up on event farming in Orr for the day.

tl;dr If you’re afraid you’re getting rusty and sPvP isn’t your thing, go to Orr and try doing any event at all.

Asacledhae.2650

tl;dr If you’re afraid you’re getting rusty and sPvP isn’t your thing, go to Orr and try doing any event at all.

I took your advice earlier today, but i have a slight problem with it, as Orr refuses to load. And if it does load, i get around 2 FPS caused by all the names i was seeing in front of me, even on the lowest settings. As a result, my game crashed, so after around 4 minutes of re-loading, i took my character and ran away screaming (Yes, i’m proud of it).

Alas, i only have a lowly i7 gaming rig, what could it do against zerg?

Doing events there now, feels more or less like watching a horror movie reversed, from end to start.

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

I took your advice earlier today, but i have a slight problem with it, as Orr refuses to load. And if it does load, i get around 2 FPS caused by all the names i was seeing in front of me, even on the lowest settings. As a result, my game crashed, so after around 4 minutes of re-loading, i took my character and ran away screaming (Yes, i’m proud of it).

:O Now we know why Trahearne keeps failing to cleanse Orr – because of the Megaserver! Not even Scarlet messed up Tyria that much!

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Attached is a picture of my chat, so people know what pm to look out for, character name will most likely be different

blank the address, pls, those people already have too much advertising.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: VitaminK.2517

VitaminK.2517

Attached is a picture of my chat, so people know what pm to look out for, character name will most likely be different

blank the address, pls, those people already have too much advertising.

Indeed. It also seems that they are hacking player accounts for advertising. I got 10 messages during 15 min and when reporting them every second account had a “realistic” name. So i guess it is even dangerous to trade with these guys.

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

:O Now we know why Trahearne keeps failing to cleanse Orr – because of the Megaserver! Not even Scarlet messed up Tyria that much!

If we only knew that waking another dragon will have such dire consequences as the Megaservers…

Ley-lines disrupted, invaders from other worlds freely roam in our home world, almost chaoticly, as if summoned by those chaos crystal portals, confused, sometimes not even speaking the same language as us…yet unable to hurt or kill us.

The most powerful beings on Tyria cannot gather enough power anymore to appear more than a few set times per day, locked in an eternal limbo…

Its all scarlets fault.

Asacledhae.2650

I think Trahearne keeps failing cause he lacks a vacuum cleaner. Maybe we need to buy him one… Let me check my Charr engineering contacts…

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

fact is very few events created by anet actually play well with this many people.

Such a very good point all too often overlooked in the discussion.

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

If we only knew that waking another dragon will have such dire consequences as the Megaservers…

Ley-lines disrupted, invaders from other worlds freely roam in our home world, almost chaoticly, as if summoned by those chaos crystal portals, confused, sometimes not even speaking the same language as us…yet unable to hurt or kill us.

The most powerful beings on Tyria cannot gather enough power anymore to appear more than a few set times per day, locked in an eternal limbo

Its all scarlets fault.

:-O :-O :-O
This is Season 2: we are stuck in the Fractals! Stuck in a boss timetable like Dessa. That’s why Scarlet sent Aetherblades into the Mists – to tamper with the Overflow Lines and the Grind Magic in EotM – a limbo shunned by the brave heroes of the Mist War for it is full of brainless incognito hordes!
Meaning that the Megaserver is an ugly AU where Scarlet imprisoned us in the Mists. Or it is the fault of Ellen Kiel’s tampering research with the Fractals!
Meaning that maybe there is still hope…

Srsly, makes more sense than Anet driving a bulldozer over their own playerbase.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Come on Anet.

This is not in the WvW sub-forum, so I actually do expect a response at some point…

Just a simple “We acknowledge the problems and will work on a solution” would go pretty far. Its not that hard, honest.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Come on Anet.

This is not in the WvW sub-forum, so I actually do expect a response at some point…

Just a simple “We acknowledge the problems and will work on a solution” would go pretty far. Its not that hard, honest.

That would be stating that there is a problem to begin with, which judging from their latest blog post, everything is working great.

On that note, WvW Sub-Forum gets Tons of responses compared to Dungeon Sub-Forum, which dev’s responses arepractically non-existant as long as it’s not laughing at something or posting screenshots.

(edited by Romo.3709)

Posted by: DurbanPoison.1752

DurbanPoison.1752

Anet needs to get rid of the mega server

I for one along with my entire guild left the Sorrow’s Furnace server about 7 months ago to come to Blackgate, because it was bad there. Half the people on SF do not want to try and work together for anything. And there is a rather large guild on that server that seems to be run by a few trolls that think it is better to mess with everyone rather than to work together to finish a common goal.

Now with this mega server roll out Anet is forcing us to play with the same caliber of players that we all paid money to get away from. Trying to do Teq the other day on the mega server was a joke. You had people getting on the cannons that had no clue what to do. We had two bone walls go up. Only about 25% of the players that were doing dps actually knew what they were doing everyone else was running around like a chicken with its head cut off. There were players that refused to respawn once they died and laid there the entire Teq fight. We paid Anet money to get away from these type of players and now we are forced to put up with them again. And considering that we had players there from all the other servers we did not have a VOIP to use.

Anet knows the most of the player base hates the mega server. And I agree with a poster above me, they should let us the players vote if we keep it or junk it and go back to how it was before.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I say junk it, have everything back to the way it was, and the lonely players can just join a old content/dead map exploring friendly guild and then guest and have them babysit them all day.

I want my RP again. I’d trash this mega server to be able to RP again.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

Ulgoth used to be fun.
Before Megaservers made it “Fun for Everyone.”

Boo, ANet. Boo.

On the big servers, like Desolation, it looked the exact same before the patch as it does now. At launch all servers were like this too.

Posted by: Kriknav.9268

Kriknav.9268

I’m going to chime in here with some possible solutions, since, like many of you, I have had some poor experiences with MegaServers. I don’t want to keep “beating the dead horse” and explain the problems with MegaServers, as I think those points are clear. Instead I’d like to offer some suggested fixes that, hopefully, will alleviate some issues.

If I suggest something you’ve already suggested, I apologize, I did not read ALL 23 pages of this thread before posting. I don’t want credit for any of these solutions, I just want solutions, so feel free to claim credit for any of this.

My belief is that the MegaServers system was as beneficial to the servers and developers as it was intended to be to the players. I imagine that prior to MegaServers there were home world servers that were extremely burdened with multiple, full copies of maps due to high population, whereas other servers had completely empty instances of those same maps. With MegaServers this load should be more evenly spread over the entire cluster of servers. If that’s true, I don’t believe is worth it to undo MegaServers, but to tweak things about it that help facilitate all types of gameplay.

World Boss Schedule: I, personally, do not like the times of the Mega World Boss events (Teq., 3-headed Wurm, Karka), but I’m sure for many people it works great. I’d love to see the schedule re-worked so it rotates on odd-hour rotation. If done correctly, this schedule would allow everyone (even odd-time players) to participate in these big events at least once a week. To me this is a minor tweak, and should be attempted AFTER the others

Map Instance Selection: This becomes an especially big issue when trying to organize Mega World Boss events (most notably 3-headed Wurm). What we need is a reliable way to spawn map instances without it being too susceptible to abuse. One option is to make world boss events open a portal of sorts (which opens with a decent window prior to the event) and this portal will take you to copy of the map where the event spawns and the event has boundaries around it (much like a personal story instance). The event would occur in these special instances and not in the main maps. This way normal PvEers and Mega Boss killers don’t interfere with each other too much.

Another option is to allow personal-story-like-instances of maps to spawn when a Guild uses a World Boss Event token to manually spawn a world boss. The Guild Leader that spawns the boss would be given an option to spawn the boss on the current map or start a new map. If starting a new map that one user (and their party members) would be taken there and only users that are ferried/taxied in could get to the map. This would give good control over map spawning and population. These type maps would die within a set time (determined by the fail timer of the spawned boss) so that there’s not a ton of these floating around at any given time.

Another option would be to create some way for users to manually spawn map instances which do not act like overflows, so only those people in a party with someone already in the map could join the map. This is the most abuse-able option, so there would need to be a way to keep users from spawning maps, just to spawn maps. Maybe needing to purchase a special token that has some significant investment (guild coms, lots of gold, guild influence).

Map Instance Joining: I feel like this has got to change. As it stands now you request to join another party member’s map and you either change maps or get an error message. This results in barbaric spamming to try and get in the map. This option should either change your map, or put you in a queue for that map. This would reduce the spamming of these commands (which has GOT to be good for the servers). it would also be good if there was some queue feedback to tell you which position in the queue you are (so you can see if you’re making progress) as well as a cancel button to abandon your request if you so choose.

Sorry for the long post. Hopefully it’s helpful in some way.

Posted by: Nadezhda.3469

Nadezhda.3469

I really dislike the mega server. I find that it’s difficult to get into servers with my guildmates unless I am also in group with them.

Gameplay hasn’t been this laggy since beta.

You have to deal with people from other servers who feel that the champs are the personal property of the zerg or who want to grief the zerg, and heaven forbid you hit the champ because you’d been standing there waiting for it for almost the full reset time.

Megaserver might possibly be useful in the dragon maps and the orr maps but I would much prefer to have my server back even if there was never anyone around in pve maps.

Asacledhae.2650

About a day ago, i felt i was tired to keep screaming about all the issues Skynet brought, as we’re definitely screaming on a brick wall… If A-net cared about the community, this whole farce wouldn’t have been implemented into the game after one year and a half of community growth. At least not at it’s current state.

Still, i’ll keep adding my voice from time to time, to “remind” them that instead of being able to play the game, we end up spending our precious hours on the forum. Skynet doesn’t work. So either fix it, or get rid of it. Heck, we’ve been giving you guys suggestions and feedback for about a month now. I’m sure something we suggest is possible to do!

I personally feel cheated right now, considering everything i’ve spent in this game. Not only playing it and building my characters, but supporting it with real money. I would appreciate a clean answer here from A-net. Do we matter as a community, customers and supporters, or we’re just idiots who fell into a sales pitch fiasco and got screwed in the end?

I personally hope that we do matter, but recent events make me doubt.

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

« Negative Feedback for World Events »

I would like to register my negative feedback towards the changes made to world events in the April 15 2014 patch. I will list my issues with the changes so as to make it clear and easy to read.

• It is now not possible to do all or most events because of the timers, unless you spend an entire day playing and NOT doing anything else at all!!! This is the worst change to world events, timers! Before the patch people could spend a couple of hours early morning doing loads of events and then have time later to do the other things they enjoy as well.
  • Loot is nerfed! Pre-events do not drop loot at all and when they do, it’s been so severely reduced it’s not even worth it. When I participate in world events, which is rare these days because the timers suck, I don’t even waste time with pre events. I’ll just stand there watching stuff on YouTube or getting a drink while waiting for the boss or main event. This is purely because all the champions and elites that spawn on pre’s do not drop anything, so it’s simply a waste of time and effort even killing them.
  • Contested waypoints. Ok, this is something that happened before the patch, but it’s something that needs to be removed! I don’t want to spend 10minutes trekking through the map to get to an event only to see the boss go down as I finally get there. Surely people want to waypoint and be at the event or very nearby. A perfect example is Megadestroyer (which never drops dragonites btw) and Ulgoth. These two events always have contested waypoints, and the next three nearest waypoints are also always contested thus making it a complete waste of time doing these two events because it is nearly impossible to get there.

Overall it seems that you’re discouraging people from World Events because you’ve made it so hard for them to complete all the events and also made the rewards not worthwhile. When I refer to rewards, I’m talking about the lack of loot from trash and pre-events.

I really miss the “chase” of world events before the patch. Now it’s just dull and boring, which is a huge shame really.

Lastly, I have a problem with how badly dungeon loot has been nerfed too! The “bonus” chests only ever reward blues and very rarely a green if you’re lucky enough. I have 159% Magic Find, which isn’t loads, but before the patch ensured that I walked away from EVERY dungeon with at least one rare!! Now I’m lucky to walk away with greens.

I’ve even noticed that salvaging rares no longer rewards the same amount of mats. For example, I salvaged 11 rares and got 2 ecto’s using Mystic kit. I also salvaged an exotic with Black Lion kit, got the sigil and ONE wood log.

I realise ppl are going to argue with “that’s just bad luck” and “i get rares all the time” and I don’t care, I KNOW that there’s a difference. I used to salvage so many items from dungeons that I would get the “Agent of Entropy” achievement on a daily basis and increase my Magic Find by around 2000-4000 daily. After the patch I’m lucky to get that achievement every 3-4days and my MF goes up 2000-3000 every 4-5days. THAT is the noticeable different in loot and drops right there. You cannot deny that. Dungeons are now a waste of time and only worthwhile for the gold rewards.

This entire patch was just one massive nerf that completely ruined PvE for me.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Ok I don’t care what’s been written in here about the megaserver system so far, but from what I’ve glimpsed so far it’s proving to be a very bad idea. I’m just here to drop in my 2c worth.

I don’t take advantage of very much of the game’s modes, and that’s totally my fault; I know what I like playing and what I want to do in the game, and that’s relatively limited. I don’t usually partake in WvW unless there’s something worth doing (S2 achieves recently done), I disagree with PvP and I don’t like the expectation of dungeons and fractals. It’s not my kind of content and it doesn’t go well with the style which I play.

So that leaves me with regular PvE and world events. Back on my regular server this wasn’t a big deal, but now there’s lot of servers pooled together to create their own problems.

• Zergfest. This is the product of putting a number of servers together for events being scheduled for a certain given time. Not only does this scale up the events unbelievably, but there’s no loot for you to be had thanks to lots of Champions not having loot assigned to them on kill, and Elites in particular not being worth the kill because, let’s face it… they don’t drop anything, and from what I know, their loot tables have been bugged since inception. I’ve attached a pic of one of tonight’s events below describing said laziness and general apathy of the situation outlined.
  • Lack of immersion – I might as well not be there at the events because it doesn’t feel like my presence is doing anything more than scaling up the event. The bottom line is I’m playing second-fiddle to the bulk of the damage dealers, even though I’m wearing full zerker gear and trying my hardest to do the most damage possible. To me it feels like these events are no longer worth my time because I’m not being rewarded for what I do, my presence there is nothing more than an up-scale (and the arbitrary gold badge for event completion at the end), and it seems like no matter what I try it’s tantamount to kittening against the wind.

Give us our old servers back where we actually felt like we did something constructive and were rewarded for our time more than we currently are.

Something to consider — below: first phase Claw of Jormag event, and more than just a few that are fed up with the unbelievable amount of crowd control from this event, and the general apathy for the upscaling (multiple champs that don’t drop any loot and loot-bugged elites) hindering the progress of the event.

Attachments:

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Kar.6854

Kar.6854

Hate this new megaserver kitten.
Dc on a worldboss & login to a new megaserver that its not even up on…Can’t swap to an alt for the kill either because you get sent somewhere else.

Please remove this steaming pile of kitten.
Your not Blizzard!

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

the only problem is that capital cities are megaservers,

they shouldn’t be,

capital cities should remain “home world” for WWW recruitment and RP.

the change for rest of the maps is very good

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I could defeat Tequatl with some server organization neigh every day before the megaservers. Since they went live, I couldn’t defeat it once. Now, either I’ve been extremely unlucky with the instances, or this just doesn’t work.

I know megaserver might be good for those deserted maps, but not for those which hold the major world boss events which require coordination and organization, such as Sparkfly Fen and Bloodtide Coast.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Natanya.2403

Natanya.2403

I’m sure that I will be repeating a lot of what has been said already, but this is what I feel about the Megaservers.

Waypoints
There are so many contested waypoints now that we have to pay twice to get to where we need to go. I would like to see the amount of contested waypoints be reduced because it is really annoying to waypoint to one part of the map and find that the one that I wanted to go to initially is now uncontested on the map that I have just arrived on.

World Boss Events
My main issue for a while was getting disconnected during a world boss event, and even sometimes a smaller event, I would end up on a different version of that map and miss out on the reward for the event that I was participating in with no way to get back onto the map that I was just on.

Not only that, but the co-ordination that some world bosses take is hard to set up when there is no way to control what map you can be on, and we end up with groups not working together properly.

WvW
With all servers being on the same map, I don’t have that same feeling of server pride. If we had achieved something great for our server, it would be announced and we would be cheering for those who did it. Also, if those on the borderlands needed help from the militia they could feel free to pop into LA and go “hey, we need help on such and such map” and they would be able to get that help. How do we know that we are not talking to servers who we are competing against? We really don’t. We could be giving our opponents a heads up about what is happening.

Role Playing
I come from TC, and while I’m not really a role player myself, it was something that I enjoyed seeing when roaming maps. Now I don’t really see it at all. I have heard disappointment from some of my fellow guildies about how they have been turned off from RPing now because of trolls.

Guild Missions
This is the biggest pain when the weekly rewards reset since every guild would be out in force doing the same thing. There is no easy way to make sure that we are all on the same map. Parties have to be broken up to ‘ferry’ people to the same map. It isn’t too bad to do at the start of challenges/rushes/puzzles, but for a bounty we have a much shorter time limit to work with.
——-
I really hope that the Megaservers will be tuned better soon, but I personally preferred it when each server had their own map.

Natanya – Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

I just visited Taidha Covington. She dies before the timer gets to 7:30 when she is supposed to teleport. Pathetic. And then she gets looped in her death because of the sheer amount of dps still hitting her. Scaling, plz.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

Hate this new megaserver kitten.
Dc on a worldboss & login to a new megaserver that its not even up on…Can’t swap to an alt for the kill either because you get sent somewhere else.

Please remove this steaming pile of kitten.
Your not Blizzard!

Maybe WvW should get it’s server specific hall where people can gather, or maybe a recruitment board placed in WvW that’s server specific. As a primarily PvE player, I’d really wish for cities to remain on the Megaserver. Cities that aren’t Vigil Keep now feel alive for once, including the Grove of all things.

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Worst idea ever.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I have yet to see a night when, as a mid sized guild, we go to the same map and are kept together. We find ourselves spread across multiple maps, even when there is obviously room for all of us on the same map.

Having to break parties, form up taxi parties and then break again to reform original parties is exhausting, not fun and really hurting things like guild missions, temple runs, zone mapping events, etc (all of the fun things we like to do as a guild).

I realize the technical limitations of keeping guilds together when they zone is probably daunting, but there has to be a better solution than using parties to taxi people into the same zone. Its especially troublesome with guild bounties, where we are already on timer.

At the very least, “right click to join in …” should not be limited to parties. If everyone could right click based on guild or friends lists, it would go a really long way toward fixing the problem and letting guild play together more reliably.

This really needs to be fixed ASAP. My guild is the main reason I play this game and not getting to play alongside them without jumping through hoops and aggravating steps is really demoralizing.

Posted by: Nodo.6907

Nodo.6907

Just my personal preference…

Attachments:

Name- Nodo
Server – Yak’s Bend

Posted by: ItsaJello.4168

ItsaJello.4168

Not sure if this has been posted before or not, but is friends list at all considered in the megaserver choosing? if it isn’t, could that be implemented in some way?

Blaeys.3102

Not sure if this has been posted before or not, but is friends list at all considered in the megaserver choosing? if it isn’t, could that be implemented in some way?

In theory, it is supposed to be considered – along with guild lists. In practice, it is proving very hard for them to implement.

They need to make it MUCH easier for players to get to the same map instances as their friends and guildmates – specificaly

- Make it more evident when we are not on the same map version (color code, instance number, something)

- Extend the “Join friend in … map” to more than just party members. We should be able to right click on guildmates and friends and move without partying.

I think the intention of trying to make friends and guildmates naturally gravitate to the same instances was noble, but the current implementation fails to do that in many cases. They need to make it easier for us to take control of that choice – and they need to do it before people get too frustrated with the current implementation (for the sake of guild activities and guild missions).

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I suggest they a much larger grouping like a party that you can opt into, that the megaserver treats as one entity.

like Jon invites you to “Company”
when jon changes maps, everyone in company goes to same server, if no server can fit said company, it creates a new one.
Up to 100 players.
if you leave map on your own you leave company

This can be used by anyone, guild or not, so servers can use it for events, groupings, WvW people can use it for squads/zergs. Parties can use it for small parties. The main purpose is to give players no matter what their size/goal the ability to choose to group with friends if they choose.

no content should be designed to require more than 100 players (honestly i feel no content should be designed to require more than 80 players) though it can scale up to map limit.

Posted by: Anima.2419

Anima.2419

Thanks for being so nice of you forcing me to play with a bunch of people everyday that don’t do anything but afk,laid on the ground and leeching the whole event while my guildmates are on a pretty full of your all mighty MEGAserver.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

They can’t even get people from the same party into the same instance. Friend’s list? Forget it.

Blaeys.3102

They can’t even get people from the same party into the same instance. Friend’s list? Forget it.

Actually, that is a bit of an exaggeration and doesnt really help. We need to make the argument without hyperbole or exaggeration – which way too often buries legitimate conversations on these forums.

It is more likely to resonate and produce change (rather than burying the issue under criticism for the sole sake of criticism).

The vast majority of the time, parties are kept together. The issue is with larger groups, most notably guilds trying to do missions or other things together, but friends as well.

Again, we direly need a way to get to the map our friends/guildees are on without having to drop/party/drop/party for taxis. It is very frustrating and time consuming – taking away from us having fun.

But again, let’s make the argument based on fact and try not to resort to exaggeration. That doesn’t help anyone.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I’ve seen nothing but toxic chat outside of Vigil Keep. When I was doing hearts on my new thief in Queensdale and there were nothing but insults. When I was trying to do some map completion on Malchor’s Leap, people were angry over the defend events as they were looking for trait unlocks. It’s my personal policy to simply not play with people when any drama ensues.

Chat hasn’t always been pleasant of course, but it seems to me that the atmosphere has gotten a lot more hostile with the megaservers. :S Overcrowding perhaps? But in any case, I’ve only seen the negative effects. The only place for good community based communication, is sigh, wvw. It’s obviously not perfect since people still get mad, but it’s unfortunate that a laggy, queued, and fractured place is the community hub now

/Alt-tabs back to Vigil keep. Oh great, even more insults. Save your pvf for the forums!

If things were to stay as they are, I will probably not step foot in the open world aside from world boss farming. WvW is really the only thing that gets the game going for me atm.

I’ve spent 15 years on battle.net so sure, it’s not the worst you can get, but I’ve spent a whole lot of this particular game with that junk kept to a minimum.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Actually, that is a bit of an exaggeration and doesnt really help. We need to make the argument without hyperbole or exaggeration – which way too often buries legitimate conversations on these forums.

It is more likely to resonate and produce change (rather than burying the issue under criticism for the sole sake of criticism).

The vast majority of the time, parties are kept together. The issue is with larger groups, most notably guilds trying to do missions or other things together, but friends as well.

Again, we direly need a way to get to the map our friends/guildees are on without having to drop/party/drop/party for taxis. It is very frustrating and time consuming – taking away from us having fun.

But again, let’s make the argument based on fact and try not to resort to exaggeration. That doesn’t help anyone.

I’ve seen it happen. It is not hyperbole or exaggeration….. Just because it works some of the time does not mean it is working.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

I’ve seen nothing but toxic chat outside of Vigil Keep. When I was doing hearts on my new thief in Queensdale and there were nothing but insults. When I was trying to do some map completion on Malchor’s Leap, people were angry over the defend events as they were looking for trait unlocks. It’s my personal policy to simply not play with people when any drama ensues.

Chat hasn’t always been pleasant of course, but it seems to me that the atmosphere has gotten a lot more hostile with the megaservers. :S Overcrowding perhaps? But in any case, I’ve only seen the negative effects.

Exactly, too many people with no option to play in a less populated version of the map. Mapping straights was stupid easy. Maybe some like that, but not me. Anyone can do all of pve mapping solo – get an ash legion spy kit to get past those champs for the communes…. I’d rather do that at times and then opt-in for world bosses (though there are too many for those too).

Either way, right now I feel I am competing against other people for the kills then playing with them.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I don’t find it to be an exaggeration. Just last night I was in different instances of maps from my party on several occasions. (And additionally they were in my guild, on my friend’s list, and from my server). I don’t think the algorithm is working as intended if I have every matching term in common with these people and don’t end up on the same shard as them.

I’m glad that you have had the system work regarding parties, but it doesn’t for quite a few of us.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Yep, not exaggeration. If there is one case where you can be 99.9% sure that people want to end up in the same instance, it’s when they’re in the same party. That they didn’t realize this or couldn’t get this right means they’re not going to be able to do anything more complex.

Blaeys.3102

This is exactly why I tried to start a new thread about the guild/large group issues instead of commenting in an existing one.

It is impossible to have a conversation about problems that rational players have with the game because the same 3-4 people hijack the larger threads with the “sky is falling” claims.

Yes, there may be some instances where parties are split up, but based on what my guild has seen, those are extremely rare – and, for the most part, understandable.

On the other hand, there is a real issue with guilds and large groups of friends unable to play together easily.

I think there are easy fixes (or at least simple – dont know much about programming so cant say easy confidently) for the issue and would like to discuss those rather than getting caught up in all of the game hate, which really isnt appropriate on the forums and does nothing positive for the players or the developers.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

This is exactly why I tried to start a new thread about the guild/large group issues instead of commenting in an existing one.

It is impossible to have a conversation about problems that rational players have with the game because the same 3-4 people hijack the larger threads with the “sky is falling” claims.

Yes, there may be some instances where parties are split up, but based on what my guild has seen, those are extremely rare – and, for the most part, understandable.

On the other hand, there is a real issue with guilds and large groups of friends unable to play together easily.

I think there are easy fixes (or at least simple – dont know much about programming so cant say easy confidently) for the issue and would like to discuss those rather than getting caught up in all of the game hate, which really isnt appropriate on the forums and does nothing positive for the players or the developers.

Totally agreed. Provide solutions/suggestions, other than unconstructive rants or illogical requests (“trash the megaserver!”)

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

thanks anet. I really enjoy having every single waypoint in a zone I want to enter contested.

Attachments:

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Merging servers because of low population = good idea (WvW could use this IF done properly)

but right now doing bosses with the megaservers =
1- crashes
2- not on the same server as the rest of my party

Posted by: Ranelso.9765

Ranelso.9765

Thought I would pop on to ask if a queue system is in the works for the mega servers? So far I have been paired with my guild/friends/world mates a whopping zero times. Don’t get me wrong, I like right clicking friends faces repeatedly for over a half an hour a night in a desperate and sometimes futile attempt to enjoy content with them as much as the next guy, but I feel like the mega servers fall flat when it comes to swapping instances. Overall I think the system is a positive change to the game as a whole but without anyway to know if I will be able to play with friends is a real setback.

Rhemgar-80 Charr Warrior | Yassun-80 Sylvari Necromancer | Zavvin-80 Asura Mesmer
Maguuma
[URL=www.youtube.com/ranelso]

Posted by: Thareen.5471

Thareen.5471

I would rather say if they implement a queue on PvE maps, they should first make sure you have a reserved spot in case of a dc for about a minute. After that you land in a queue. Otherwise it will be total chaos and guilds/alliances will even be more secretive about their runs and take more drastic measures to exclude everyone who is not one of theirs. Ergo more hostility/alienation.

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

the european wurm community tries to create a new megaserver instance and filling it up with people on teamspeak by taxis before it’s full of random players. this works more or less for the first megaserver. but the second group got an instance which hardcapped with only ~60 people yesterday and the day before. all waypoints have been checked if there’s something going one elsewhere, but no. the server just didn’t let any more people in. it seems after a while the instance starts allowing more people in again, but then randoms get in just as often as those clicking ‘join’ on their taxis. it’s a complete mess. being able to join your taxi is completely random, some people seem to have more luck than others. the whole system is incredibly unfinished and I wish they’d revert it if they are not able to fix the most basic problems. my server has a very low population but it never bothered me. I could always guest (though the limit of two guests could’ve been raised) – now I don’t have a choice. I will be forced into megaserver instanced without any control over it, taxi-ing is a chore and I’ve lost my will to even try anymore. for the first time since launch I’m looking for other mmo’s again, never before have I felt any of the bugs were bad enough to give up on the game, now I’m nearly there.

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

thanks anet. I really enjoy having every single waypoint in a zone I want to enter contested.

The one in the top left isn’t

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday