Game Updates: Guild World Events, Megaservers, WvW

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

thanks anet. I really enjoy having every single waypoint in a zone I want to enter contested.

That plains of ashford?
There are 2 wp’s not contested on the left. I believe this map is glitched. As sometimes no wp is contested, and sometimes most of them are. (wp’s that never ‘actually’ got contested begin with.)
So that’s just a major glitch and I’m sure they want to fix it.

Posted by: monkeysensei.6492

monkeysensei.6492

Please for the love of christ can we have slots saved for a minute or so if we crash out, this is the 4th loving time I’ve crashed out of an organized teq group and the world is full if I try to join back in. Such as having 20 or so slots saved for a minute for people who leave the zone for some reason.

(edited by monkeysensei.6492)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

As sometimes no wp is contested, and sometimes most of them are. (wp’s that never ‘actually’ got contested begin with.)

Before megaserver, i didn’t even know that the waypoint next to Ascalonian Catacombs was contestable. And no, whole map contested is not a glitch – it is the megaserver “working as intended”. Remember, according to blog, any potentially contestable waypoint should be locked when viewed from outside the zone.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: monkeysensei.6492

monkeysensei.6492

Frequently porting to camp karka directly says the does not happen.

Posted by: lexxguard.2690

lexxguard.2690

I run in an extremely active guild and I NEVER see my guild mates anymore, maybe once in a blue moon at a world boss event. Clearly something is broken with the Mega Servers.

Taygus.4571

As sometimes no wp is contested, and sometimes most of them are. (wp’s that never ‘actually’ got contested begin with.)

Before megaserver, i didn’t even know that the waypoint next to Ascalonian Catacombs was contestable. And no, whole map contested is not a glitch – it is the megaserver “working as intended”. Remember, according to blog, any potentially contestable waypoint should be locked when viewed from outside the zone.

but ALL those wp’s don’t get contested. That was my point. ..

Also, what about the times where it shows no wp contested. (when I’m not on map). It’s random. sometimes they’re contested, sometimes not.
It’s glitched.

Taygus.4571

I’m getting ridiculous lag since the megaserver that I’ve not experienced before, well since beta anyway. I don’t lose fps, just the ability to control my character at all for 4-5 seconds at a time.

I wonder if this new Blob Champion has anything to do with it?

yes, make sure to set graphics to “best performance”..and other than that, hope you get enough hits in despite lag.

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

I’m getting ridiculous lag since the megaserver that I’ve not experienced before, well since beta anyway. I don’t lose fps, just the ability to control my character at all for 4-5 seconds at a time.

I wonder if this new Blob Champion has anything to do with it?

These images should really be put up on MMO websites as indicative of actual gameplay. If I saw that before buying GW 2, I never would have opted in based on their manifesto nonsense.

Astralporing.1957

but ALL those wp’s don’t get contested. That was my point. ..

Also, what about the times where it shows no wp contested. (when I’m not on map). It’s random. sometimes they’re contested, sometimes not.
It’s glitched.

Ok, i thought you were referring to “all contested” state as a glitch.

I think, that it is showing the state of the map you would end up in if you ported at this moment. I have seen the map switching from mostly uncontested to all contested in an instant, which would support the hypotesis.
My guess (or hope, actually) is they realized that their original approach was bad, and are working on something better. Of course, this may be a glitch.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

A core of the issue is the fact that there is no communication, or at least any report on what they are doing. How can we give proper feedback if we dont know what to look for other than what we told already? Do they actually think that everyone will still keep playing and by weeks or months we will say “alright, this actually seem to work now”?

Hell no. Many have left. Most will likely never look back. The rest who remain and play are the ones who did not mind it all that much.

Posted by: raubvogel.5071

raubvogel.5071

my issues with megaserver

- can’t do temple events since they don’t start as often or they are defended successfully suggestion change mechanic so it can’t be defended and it should at least start every hour so you can catch at least one and get the skill that is bound to their boss

- can’t kill enemys and champions since they miss. suggestion increase their amount and their refresh rate since more people are on the map

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I was out running the world bosses the other day. I ported into Cloven Hoof waypoint close to the time that the boss started. I got the message that you used to get. “This waypoint is now contested we are redirecting you to another waypoint.”

I thought that was interesting as I thought all waypoints were supposed to show contested. Then I thought of a possible solution. Show the maps contested once during a 24 hour period(Between resets). Then monitor the shard that that player was on and show the waypoint status of that shard as it is highly likely that if the shard is still open that player should land on that shard.

If the player does not for some odd reason land on that shard give the waypoint contested message and redirect the player.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Whats the point of commenting in this thread if they never talk back?

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: Stormwolf.8567

Stormwolf.8567

So now we’ve given the megaserver a chance… I’ve tried to like it. The best I can say is it was a nice idea badly implemented. Whatever the reasons for jamming everyone together in the same instance, however you spin it in terms of “improved player interaction”, it’s not working.

The vaunted ‘smart instancing’ where you were nominally supposed to be assigned to an instance where your friends / guildmates are is simply not working at all. In my small home guild it’s actually more unusual to find yourself in the same instance as a guildmate than in one with French / German / Spanish speaking players. It’s pretty much impossible to find / select an instance where you can get a guild together. If you and half a dozen other people from your guild port into a zone at the same time it’s not uncommon to find yourselves scattered across at least 4 instances of that zone… even if the zone is relatively empty! For larger events taxi-ing people in is slow and inefficient – 9/10 times the zone is hardcapped before half the guild has managed to get in the right instance. (if you can’t automagically get everyone in the same guild in the same instance of a zone then why not allow people to select an instance where a guild commander is tagged up for example by allowing the ‘Join in zoneX’ by clicking from the guild roster?)

The re-scaling of zones (I assume in line with the new trait availability) coupled with the increase in available players in the instance is trivialising every world boss to the point they are boring. For many of the fights the biggest challenge is doing enough damage to register for a champion bag off the boss. Even fights like Tequatl where organisation is more important than pure numbers seem to be much easier… we killed Teq last weekend with more than 6 1/2 minutes left on the clock. And that’s despite the people who refuse to WP when they die, refuse to join teamspeak or stack on commanders etc etc.

Zone instancing is still being flaky: last night we only had half the guild in the zone before we were hard-capped and that was for an off-timer ‘private’ guild-triggered instance (which incidentally is the only way that those of us in Europe with jobs and / or a life can do Teq / Karka / Triple Wurm from Monday-Friday due to the static timer boss rotation).

Also Orrian temples are pretty much permanently ‘open’ since there’s always some people who will do the defence event in preference to the ‘full’ assault. On the rare event that they’re not open, they’re either trivialised as other world bosses or in the case of the Risen Priest of Grenth, turned into one-shot kill monsters due to the scaling (coupled with a large number of people showing up who have no idea how the event works).

(edited by Stormwolf.8567)

Posted by: Morhyn.8032

Morhyn.8032

Capital City Instance(s) For Each Server

Each server needs a capital city that is exempt from the Mega Server system. That is, a world city, such as Divinity’s Reach (since LA is gone), should be designated as a capital city for the whole game. Each game server should then have it’s own instance system for that city such that no players from other servers would zone into that instance (unless they were guesting to the server).

As it is now, it is very difficult to determine if you communicating with your server community or the whole game community at large when you are using map/local chat in the de facto capital city, Vigil Keep. A few ramifications of this:

• WvW players can’t go back to the capital to try and rally troops
  • Guilds can’t recruit new members (though, I really don’t mind that one)
  • Can’t organize a party by meeting in the capital
  • Can’t (easily) discuss general server community topics

I’m sure there are more reasons. But the chief one, in my opinion, is not being able to discuss and coordinate WvW.

Posted by: TimIsOnTheInternet.5946

TimIsOnTheInternet.5946

Districts a la Guild Wars 1 are pretty much a necessity to ensure being able to join guilds, parties, and friends without a hitch.

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Posted in the “Feedback” thread, but since this is quite an important issue (a bug?), I don’t want it to be lost.

Megaboss gameplay issue

• ISSUE REPORT: 29.04. and 30.04. – “Hardcapped” empty maps
    While gathering for the Great Jungle Wurm in the Bloodtide Coast (EU), we have encountered what appears to be a glitch or a bug of some sort where people could not join on their party members (hardcapped) in maps that were seemingly empty.
    There were 3 megaboss teams ready to attempt the Wurm on 3 Bloodtide overflows/megaservers on Europe at the same time. Our map was hardcapped very soon, but we had AFK people on the map and TeamSpeak people who couldn’t get in, so we decided to re-enter. According to Anet’s model of the megaserver that “puts us in the same map as our friends and guildies”, we should have ended up together in the new, empty Bloodtide instance. Instead, when we re-entered, we were spread out across several Bloodtide servers. But what made things more difficult, after some initial joining / server-hopping, my party members were no longer able to join on me. I counted <30 ppl at the Firthside Vigil WP and I quickly ported to other WPs to see if anyone was on there. I also asked in map chat if anyone else was doing a big event (guild missions or Taidha), no response. Yet the map that held 30 people was already hardcapped. If it has been another Megaboss guild, they would have said so, as we’ve communicated like that beforehand.
    It took several map-hoppings to find a server that was half-empty. And still a lot of TS people and guildies weren’t able to join.
    This “hardcapping” issue appeared several times. And not just in prime time for the scheduled event, but also later, when we were about to guild-spawn the Wurm.

TL;DR – FEEDBACK ON A POSSIBLE BUG

• Issue 1: When guildies and party-members enter the map, Megaserver scatters them across several overflows / Bloodtide instances.
  • Issue 2: Unable to “join in” on friends / guildies / party members when they are in a server instance that looks empty and should hold more people that only 30 people.
  • Note: Both issues appeared several times across a few days, both during the scheduled Wurm and the guild-spawned event, on EU servers.
[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Posted by: Gearbox.2748

Gearbox.2748

So: holidays are over. Devs should be back reading…. and still no reply.

Mega servers continue to spoil wb events and even normal map finishing as you end with far to many players trying to grab whatever heart event part that need to be done to do it.. It’s become an unfriendly fight against each other to complete hearts and events.
I don’t want to ress other players anymore- they are an enemy now against my goal of completing hearts and events.- and its time not doing dps on wb = less chance of loot.
Grats on that A-net— complete opposite of what your game launched as.

Crashing far more than before… seems sound gets bugged up whith that many players on wb’s

Daily ressing: Usually you could jump to a place with lots of Npc’s to ress now there are almost never any dead ones…. and you end with fighting other players to get to them. I had to waypoint to 5 different maps to find some npc’s to ress. and eventualy just ran from one place to another in same map hoping some npc would die..

Just remove the stupid Mega kittenup.!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So: holidays are over. Devs should be back reading…. and still no reply.

There have been replies, and the holidays didn’t really have much to do with the inactivity in the first place.
They are in China, launching the game.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

For many of the fights the biggest challenge is doing enough damage to register for a champion bag off the boss.

And to chase down at least 1 in the 10 poor pre-event critters before they implode in the shower of particles. ;D Same goes for most events in the whole world, it’s a rat race to get loot.

Nice, after repeated offenses and suspensions I’ve got 10 minutes of delay between posts. It shows what the megaserver was able to do to an avid fan of anet and their game. :P I really feel bad after buying sth like 60.000 gems for me and my gal, I really do. Too late to ask for such a massive refund, huh.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

The idea behind Megaserver improving the ambient levels of players in the world was a good thing, IMO, but what hasn’t been good is the effect on world events. Event trains are not usually fun to be in (Except for Tarnished Coast’s Chains of Duty’s Crusades Across Tyria, but that’s because there’s a lot of stuff going on with them as well), and dominate the world encounters so there’s no edgeroom for anyone but PvE zerg.

Hopefully Anet can find a way to balance megaserver populations so that people are more likely to stumble across each other when wandering, keep guilds and friends together, but discourage the massive swarms that currently dominate the landscape.

Posted by: Jedisa.9513

Jedisa.9513

I haven’t read this whole thread but still wanted to put in my own feedback so far on the mega. Apologies if this has been discussed already.

I like the megaservers overall. It’s nice going out exploring and running into people. My only complaint would be I miss the feeling of “home” as well. Maybe a compromise could be found.

Let the major capital cities remain in a home world…this also helps fix the issue we have with calling for reinforcements in WvW.

Posted by: agrante.2810

agrante.2810

Megaservers are a good idea in many ways but we really, really need better ways to fit 50-100 guildies in one map, no hassle. I’m thinking about Guild Missions and World Events.

The way things are it’s frustrating, not fun and a waste of time.

People are not getting their GM rewards due to tricky, needless rules about guesting and not doing the missions on the same overflows. Guilds have Influence and Merits scattered in different worlds. Please have a look at this…

Posted by: XSI.4690

XSI.4690

I know i’m not adding anything that has not been said already, bit i am adding my voice to this thread.

I’m writing this while i wait for the Shatterer. Iv stood in-line for about 10min while 1 or 2 plays complete the pre-events, I don’t recognise any of the other players here – there are just so many and no one really says much while more people than can display on my screen stand around waiting. Now i’m here typing while my ele auto attacks the dragon, it took 5 minutes to die. Now i have just opened the boss chest to grab my Dragonite and 3-4 blue and green drops + my rare and i’m off to find something else to do. I’v just looked at the world boss timers and the next ones are in about 3 hours. I usually have about 2 hours a day to play the game during the week when i’m not busy, but i don’t have time/flexibility to log-on through the day to catch these other world events…

Reading this brief account of my experience is making me feel unhappy as a GW2 player. A few months ago i would regularly log-on and with a bunch of players i knew from my server to complete world events on daily achievement reset. If the usual group was not running i would guest to another server with friends to run with them.

World boss spawn timer ‘normalization’ and Megaservers have simply destroyed this element of the game for me. I’m not sure the guild world events spawner really makes up for this socially and in terms of the rewards/challenge it is like waiting in-line for a handout… I really feel sorry for that poor Dragon.

To A-net, please put some effort/thought into the design of your games experience, before normalizing it to the point where it also dies like that dragon.

Posted by: Tyops.5894

Tyops.5894

Gold spam at an all time high
Lag lag lag everywhere

Community worse
World events worse
Temple zergs worse
Guild missions worse

NSP Why bother?….

Posted by: kobi.5236

kobi.5236

You QQ so much .I can see bad things like its harder to organisate w vs w and teq and the wurm but srs ? A gf just started to play this game and we are actually seeing people arround so we got a great time cause the world isnt empty anymore ..ofc it need some improvements but for god sake stop qq about good idea which is still worked on ..they got 10 members workung on megaservers so give constructive feedback , the idea is nice But , you should do deead or dat because off <<<<x

XAXAXXXAX

Posted by: The Sand Punch.8260

The Sand Punch.8260

Ok, this is the second post now for me. I was unable to play with my guild tonight due to the map being full, tried another instance of the map to play with other people from my guild and that map was full. So essentially with the new system in place I can’t play “Guild” Wars with my guild anymore. Instead I get to play with unorganized strangers. This needs to be fixed, please make the necessary changes so that I can play with my guild again.

Attachments:

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

This megaserver thing is horrible. It feels like I’m always in a different overflow every 30 minutes when you relog. Is this Anet’s way of saving money on servers and combining servers and rebranding the overflow as megaserver? Horrible idea and not working as intended.

-S o S-

Posted by: MrDmajor.7084

MrDmajor.7084

So instead of being in overflow away from your guild with other players, you’d rather be in overflow away from your guild by yourself?

#BlameMegaserver

ArenaNet does NOT play Guild Wars 2. This can’t be.

Astralporing.1957

You QQ so much .I can see bad things like its harder to organisate w vs w and teq and the wurm but srs ? A gf just started to play this game and we are actually seeing people arround so we got a great time cause the world isnt empty anymore ..

It has been mentioned in this thread many times already, that it’s the only thing MS is actually good for – new characters during the levelling process. For practically anyone else? Not so good.
Guess what people make up the majority of this game’s population.

And i am not really content with the information that there are people working on the megaserver (are they?). What really bugs me, is the fact that they decided to give us a subsystem that it at best in early beta stage – definitely not fit for the implementation.

So instead of being in overflow away from your guild with other players, you’d rather be in overflow away from your guild by yourself?

Being in overflow away from my guild by myself is not something that happened to me often before MS. And frankly, being in overflow away from my guild surrounded by people speaking in a language i don’t understand is not much better.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

You QQ so much .I can see bad things like its harder to organisate w vs w and teq and the wurm but srs ? A gf just started to play this game and we are actually seeing people arround so we got a great time cause the world isnt empty anymore ..ofc it need some improvements but for god sake stop qq about good idea which is still worked on ..they got 10 members workung on megaservers so give constructive feedback , the idea is nice But , you should do deead or dat because off <<<<x

XAXAXXXAX

That’s the problem. You are new and only new players like it because they dont belong any server or cross-server wide community.

#BlameMegaserver

So instead of being in overflow away from your guild for maximum 30 minutes in a day, you’d rather be in overflow away from your guild forever.

#BlameMegaserverWhiteKnights

Posted by: Gearbox.2748

Gearbox.2748

I started to find that I really needed to figure out the mind set of the players stating they liked Megaservers.- A coping mechanism I guess.
So I went to the WB and looked at chat. and after a few stated they liked it I asked them some questions. like what they did before Megaservers. etc.

Queensdale Train.
And looking back at the chat I can see now that the player type that likes Megaservers are indeed the QD runners.
Its the same chat:
“Train?, whats next, sexist joke, old meme, copy text from current show, when does x spawn, racist joke, repeat joke from last 10 min ago, No loot? ress please- help!”

I’ve come to the conclusion that,- for some players,- the Megaflop indeed is an improvement.—- The QD train now goes on a larger train—-
The same – far to many players pr. champ- farm system.
The same – players that don’t actually want to learn to dodge or learn how the boss works.
- just a social chat network where you can spam whatever repetitive “funny” things you have to say- while slowly farming some stuff. -without challenge or attempt to experience the world -.

PVE- WB- turned into one giant QD-Train….. brilliant………
A-net: now catering to the lowest common denominator.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I’ve found most of the people who like Megaserver DON’T like the massive trains. Hopefully, they can find a way to balance the system so we can keep the larger number of people just wandering the world and trying out the various non-train’d content (Which is a significant boon to spont. RP and taking the pain off leveling), while reducing zerg train sizes and keeping guilds, parties, zerg trains, and communities together.

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

…(snip)…
PVE- WB- turned into one giant QD-Train….. brilliant………
A-net: now catering to the lowest common denominator.

You’re definitely right on that. From what I’ve found out in higher level zones, that’s what you will always see. “Where’s the train?” This mega(overflow) is truly a overflow that was in guild wars 2 since the start. Most people just didn’t know that ANet rebranded it to megaserver and fell for their marketing gimmicks. It’s easy to play with guildies before megaservers. Now I find that in order to make sure I come back to the same overflow I need to make sure I added anybody that is in that overflow or else you’ll end up in another overflow. Looks like I have to turn to my 2nd account to log me in and reserve the spot so if I relog I can get back into the same overflow? Kind of lame if you asking me. I felt that ANet trying to save a pretty penny with expanded overflow “aka megaserver” to accomodate the launch of Guild Wars 2 of China. Why spend money on individual servers where you know where you or your guildies are when you can dump them all to an overflow and pretend that they’re actually all playing together? This can allow ANet to perhaps cut back on the needed servers to run the game… At least show which megaserver you are in and add the options like in Guild Wars 1 where you can go to megaserver 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. This random overflow is just that… random…

-S o S-

Posted by: kobi.5236

kobi.5236

[quote=3994524;Phoenixlin.8624:]

Posted by: Kratox.9150

Kratox.9150

Hello fellow players, i’d like to talk about the role of guilds within the game structure.

At launch and even during betas we asked for basic features such as: last log in, better permissions management, more content for guilds etc..

The game was launched in 2012 with nothing of this, and we carried on with our lives.

During spring 2013 (6+ months after release) we received guild missions.

…Nothingess….

During spring 2014 we received the last log in, after a year and half and the megaserver.

Now let me ask, what are your (Arenanet) plans in the immediate future? Because this game needs a major overhaul as far as guilds go, and it needs it fast.
You obviously focused on the server idendity from the start. Both with WvW and PvE. Guilds had little to no role in all this.
Then the megaserver arrived, and that server identity that grew during this year and half got destroyed (apart from WvW).

The server identity wasn’t the only thing that got destroyed, the guilds that already had little to no involvement in how the game has been shaping in your offices, got damaged even more.
I’m sure that the megaserver code will improve and will let guildies automatically be able to find themselves ALL on the same shard.

Guilds are in a sorry state at the moment.
Not only we have to deal with: the same missions that got released A YEAR AGO, no GvG, no other guild content, very bad guild management tools etc.. But now we also have to deal with the megaserver.
This is not a megaserver rant, this is how guilds currently have to deal with this game.

To be able to do the same mission that got released a year ago, we have to lose 30 good minutes to get all guildies on the same shard. Don’t even mention getting even 10 of them all on the same shard for doing bounties.

Guildies righfully complain about having to cope up with yet another “feature” that undermines guilds.

Guilds had little to no place at the start, because the server was what got promoted. That very same server now has no place and has become megamess where guilds have EVEN LESS space then before; but we got the last log in!

So; what are your plans for guilds in this game? What would other players like to see be done Now, not in another year?

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I wouldn’t have to care about megaserver at all if I wouldn’t have to be on it.
It should be optional. Somehow. I don’t know or care how, it should just be so.

I think I’m offended by megaserver and the feature update overall. I’m not sure, feels like it.
Also I would feel like I was being used if I logged in and went running around megaserver maps, just gathering, I loved that – and so being there for others to oogle. Map filler. Yay.
…I think I’m even more offended now.

It’s all madness.

let the sky fall

Posted by: Nini.8941

Nini.8941

I guess the idea of a mega server was good, at least for the low populated areas /maps.

But the world bosses are absolutely horrible to do now. There is just too many players.

Posted by: Kratox.9150

Kratox.9150

I even wrote that my post wasn’t a megaserver rant but a discussion about guilds.. Gj burying a post in a pit with 30 pages that have nothing to do with it..

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

Speaking about guilds, have you people noticed how dramatically the non-guilded player number has been increased, lately?

I don’t know if they’re new players, or even players who are fed up with Skynet’s abuse to the game. I don’t care either. But from my point of view, said players have no interest (or need) to find a guild, or be part of a community. They just log in, follow the zerg, spam 1, level up, get the rewards, log out. Chance to see or play with them again? Non existent…

Seriously though, why would they want to join a guild, considering the backstabbing guilds (and many more) get these days? Why be part of a community, if said community can’t be together? I don’t know about you guys, but i didn’t join this game to be part of a random mob tossed in a bowl, then processed to look “even”. I want to be able to log in to my game, and see the usual familiar faces and guilds i used to see for a year and a half now. And of course new faces who will be added to the community, knowing that even i ran past them once, i’ll see them again somewhere, or have the chance to play with them again… I don’t want to feel like a stranger not knowing anyone every time, or pondering where i got tossed into. I don’t want to feel like playing the game for the first time, each time i log back into the game. And i definitely don’t want to think twice about trying to get my guildmates together and do things.

Someone mentioned earlier that a megaserver is like a big city, and it’s not expected to see the same people on the same place all the time. So get over it, and play the game. True, but… How about your neighbors? Or the people who live across the street? Or what about the “Regulars” on your local bar, or people who daily cross your street to go to work? Faces you know you’ll see again. So basically, for a megaserver to work, it has to be able to keep the “neighborhoods” intact, and allow other people to move around the neighborhood, with a choice to settle in if they like what they see…

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

Posted by: Turin.6921

Turin.6921

Generally I think the megaserver is a good change. It made the game alive again. All of the problems metioned here can be solve with just two things that were mentioned multiple times in this thread.

1. Somtheing like a megaserver selection similar to GW1
2. World Chat.

I sure hope Anet is listening…

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

So my guild has gotten better at taxiing people for Guild Missions, but it is still a huge pain. I’m just happy we no longer need to complete a bounty, getting everyone on the same map to kill just one target is hard enough…

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

Yeah, we stopped doing that as well. A game is supposed to be played for fun or helping someone to get rid of the stress of the day. If you spend hours upon hours of frustration to get a “simple task” going, then what’s the point in doing it?

It’s not healthy to play a game and feel hyped or stressed out when you log out.

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

Posted by: Rapier.3675

Rapier.3675

Since megaserver was introduced farming t6 materials is almost imposible and big time consumer. Every farm spot is crowded with ppl and 1 or 2 engineers camping with turets (most annoying thing ever). Best example is spark spot on malchor map. I’m wondering if the drop rate of sparks through whole map/world is the same which i doubt cos i don’t get almost any drop at sparks at lyssa or under dwayna as much as I can get at doric’s wp. At doric’s wp u get from all 3 vets 100% drop doesn’t matter what as long as it is a drop, while at lyssa vets rarely drop any. ofc u hardly get any drop from sparks too.
OK so i said scrue charge lodestones/dust and future mjolnir craft and left to farm other t6 mats i need for legendary. As i mentioned before it was the same all over the world. Everywhere ppl are camping as bots. YES i tried to orginize farm with inviting to party and make a run as we were doing before, which worked perfectly and everyone was satisfied, but noooo none is caring for anything or even they don’t understand what i’m saying on chat.
before u could get 5-10 t6 drops in 1-2h, now, u r lucky if you get 1-3 t6 drops in 1-2h if u r fast enough to get that lucky hit.
temples hmmmm i realy don’t remember when i made last temple, cos every time i log i see everything done. why is that so? cos u have so many ppl on the map that any even’t which would start temple pre-event is getting rushed by many.

Posted by: Seraphina.6859

Seraphina.6859

The megaserver simply removed the fun in open world content for me. Megaserver basically broke their game (contested WPs, trivialized open world encounters, broken server communties, guild issues, more copetition for mob tagging even for hearts now). Maps are way too overcrowded. At this point, I’d really appreciate if they just revert the game back to the old system. They can tune the megaserver technology and maybe alleviate some issues, but they can’t change the fact that this system destroys server communities in pve which is really detrimental for European servers.

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

temples hmmmm i realy don’t remember when i made last temple, cos every time i log i see everything done. why is that so? cos u have so many ppl on the map that any even’t which would start temple pre-event is getting rushed by many.

I haven’t done Dwayna since a day or so after the “feature patch”. Every time I went to Orr since, all of the Temple events were done and there wasn’t much left to do. I once joined for Grenth when a guildie called (still need the skill!), but the overflow we ended up in didn’t have enough skilled people, and it failed. Upon re-entering the Cursed Shore, we ended up in an overflow when the event was already completed.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Treat guild missions like dungeons, instance the zone for the guild and when anyone in the guild (or party-members of parties with guild members) enters the zone they can choose if they want to join the guild instance or one of the mega-servers.

Posted by: Karuna.1357

Karuna.1357

How is it not obvious by now that this was not a good update, and it needs to either be a top priority to amend it heavily, or else it needs to be removed from the game until they can come up with a better option.

Guild Leader/Commander, the Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast
http://www.espguild.com

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

I haven’t done Dwayna since a day or so after the “feature patch”. Every time I went to Orr since, all of the Temple events were done and there wasn’t much left to do.

I actually like this. It’s the player base taking control over a territory and keeping it. What sucks about it, for me; is the enemies have no recourse just to attempt the same futile events that spawn out of the ether. It’d be nice if as players succeeded the enemies came back with different strategies and tactics. After the players claim territory enemies shouldn’t just attack again from the same locations, but start multiple events for building their forces, that players can further interrupt, eventually driving enemies from the map. After doing so, the enemies are forced to bring out their bigger forces to regain a foothold on the map. If they fail, they get stronger the next time until they succeed in regaining their foothold, which allows the to rebuild their territory on map, etc.

The only problem with this is megaservers kitten up any attempt at having persistent effects on the world, or effects that bleed over to other zones (which had all sorts of wonderful possibilities for having our actions or inaction affect the world). As such, should you leave the zone you will end up coming back to a different copy, which is in a completely different state. Worse is if you leave a zone as the last player and the infrastructure erases that copy as it is no longer needed.

Edit: Guild Wars 2 needs to think of inspiring ways of dividing its player base, improving its AI and dynamic events, and having players actions matter to the world if it is going to compete with its MMO successors that take their original ideas and run with them rather than squandering these ideas by making players actions immaterial to the functioning of the world. Boss timers definitely need to go to partially undo the damage that was done with this “feature” patch.

(edited by SirMoogie.9263)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

How is it not obvious by now that this was not a good update, and it needs to either be a top priority to amend it heavily, or else it needs to be removed from the game until they can come up with a better option.

Oh, how is things going with Living Story S2?

Since you quite clearly seems to be fully aware about what they have as top priority one would have to assume that you are actually working at ArenaNet.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square