Game Updates: PvP Reward, Gear, Ranks, Maps

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Greetings,

If you have feedback, issues, or questions, please use this thread, based on this post:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-15-2014

Please do not create duplicate posts, as it makes it more difficult for us to gather your feedback in a timely and organized manner. Thank you for your understanding.

Edit: For discussions regarding sPvP, please visit the sPvP sub-forum: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp

(edited by CC Danicia.1394)

Posted by: Klocknov.8219

Klocknov.8219

Are we going to have to re-do all the dungeon story modes and re-map the world to unlock those tiers of sPvP rewards?

Posted by: Ba air.1372

Ba air.1372

Will there be a Pve way to obtain previously Spvp only skins now that the gear is merged? If not, and with glory gone, is the only way to get sets like Stalwart and the like to get lucky with the match win chests?

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

A number of the LS releases/rewards were helms that allowed you to apply the skin to any armor piece be it light/mediu/heavy with this update how is this going to work for those items when you add them to the wardrobe? ie. If I pick the heavy fused gauntlets will the light and medium also be unlocked or will only the heavy version be unlocked. Same for the last LS helm, is that unlocked for all armor types or just the character you unlock it on?

Posted by: Skye.4983

Skye.4983

My only feedback so far is to please bring back the glory merchant and give us back our unspent glory. This was a very nasty surprise. You never properly communicated that the glory merchant and all unspent glory would vanish after this patch. I read the forums and this was never clear to me. Not to mention there is really no reason to make such an abrupt change. You’ve kept a tournament ticket vendor around for months after you changed that system, why not the glory vendor? Given that this change isfar more impactful.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Very disappointed that the Capricorn map was just… removed.

I get attached to things.

Posted by: Lex.5214

Lex.5214

Is it intended that two handed weapons still got a higher base damage than one handed weapons? I thought the fact that they now got two itemslots would lead to a removal of this internal +5% bonus.

Posted by: Berformet.2981

Berformet.2981

Possible Feature idea, make it so we can get the Living Story skin rewards again if we deleted them prior to the wardrobe patch by an option in the achievement panel. or maybe patch it so they retroactively unlock in the wardrobe. i deleted a lot of skins from the living story because i had no space to store them and would like the option to have them in case i want them on an alt at some point

/) /)
(^.^)b Cmdr Whíte Rabbit, The Bunny Mesmer
d(“)(”) Alias: Thalia Cereus, Cisna Brightwell, Toxic Bunny

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Reward Track stalls out after 25%

Posted by: AlphaWolf.2709

AlphaWolf.2709

So…this is REALLY annoying. I’ve progressed to the first stage on the balthazar progression line, now I’m trying to progress on the Arah line and am stuck right before the first box. PLEASE fix.

Posted by: Virtuslumen.2541

Virtuslumen.2541

Any chance of a Bank being added into the Heart of the Mists?

It is rather annoying now going back and forth to pve to deposit rewards from the reward tracks.

Made a little more thorough post here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Bank-in-the-Mists-SPvP/first#post3903092

Other than that, I’m loving all of the changes. Thanks.

Posted by: Candacis.7048

Candacis.7048

Maybe I got something wrong, but it is extremly annoying that I now have to carry a pvp weapon set with me and I always have to switch my weapons forth and back, when I leave pvp. Why can’t my pvp weapon choice be saved when I leave the mists?
As of now I’m in the Mists, use a pvp gear, I leave the Mist, I still have the pvp weapons equipped, I equip my pve weapons again, I return to the Mist, I still have my PvE weapons on and have to switch all over again.
This is unconvenient to say the least.

Posted by: Maladiktion.1498

Maladiktion.1498

I haven’t investigated the situation to much as I only had 10 minutes to login and check out the changes this morning before work, but I didn’t get any transmutation charges for my pvp rank – do I have to talk to an npc or something?

Posted by: Azri.6571

Azri.6571

My reward track for arah dungeon (pvp) stopped rising after obtaining tier 2, is this deliberate or bug?

“For great justice!”

Posted by: Euler.3259

Euler.3259

As i think this is related (maybe?)

The fact that there are only 10 daily options really stinks. People who enjoyed dedicating all their time to sPvP can’t finish 5 dailies anymore.

People who are dedicated PvE don’t have as many options. I don’t know why less options is ever good.

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

I have to agree on at least two questions/comments:
1. Will we have to re-do story mode dungeons?
My guild just finished them all the other day assuming we’d never have to do story mode again and could then PvP for the dungeon gear. And story mode is far less rewarding than explorable. My guild is a “do everything once in PvE, then focus on WvW and PvP” type guild (which means after finishing story mode, we expected that to be the end of that, then we were going to go on to doing each path of each dungeon once, in the long run, but since we aren’t that fond of dungeons in general, that would have taken awhile). We’ll help others with their storymode, we just won’t choose to re-do them unless someone requests our help. as a note New players will only have to do them once. They won’t face having to redo them. So it’s hurting the current playerbase.

2. Yeah, I noted that when the dailies were merged, you couldn’t finish your daily completely in PvP. The point of merging is such that you can do whatever you want. Which means it’s both for people who like to do a bit of everything each day (myself and my guild) and shouldn’t cost people who want to focus in one segment of the game (which, if they want a daily, they cannot focus in one segment now). This has to be particularly annoying for PvP players who may only have level 1s outside of PvP. Could it at least be able to be set where PvP players could earn 5 dailies?

(edited by Lorelei.7809)

Posted by: TheWalkerGeek.7589

TheWalkerGeek.7589

Hey, I love the new update but have one minor problem with it, as I know that Anet has a particularly good reputation in responding to player feedback, I thought I would post it here. I realize that this problem has already been posted, but would like to bring more attention to the issue.

Why cant we have separate PvE and PvP weapon sets?

Take my character for example: I have an asuran elementalist. I have a build which is designed to work well for everyday use in PvE. It uses a staff, which has useful support and damage skills. While in PvP though, I prefer to use a Scepter/Dagger or Dagger/Dagger combo which is part of a condition build. The build is designed for use in a team environment, so I need less support skills, making the staff much less effective. With the new update, I have to remember to manually switch weapon sets.

I realize that the wardrobe system is meant to unify PvP and PvE looks, but different circumstances mean that different tools are needed.

Thanks,

TheWalkerGeek

p.s.
Even though most of this post was a complaint, overall I love what you are doing in the game.

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

The UI is not good. I know it may have been product of being rushed (because that’s how the sort of thing that looks like this happens), but those three buttons across the top of the mists look like some circa 2005 visual basic app that had random square buttons placed because the designer couldn’t think of, or be bothered to come up with something more elegant.

The gear menu is jarring and totally unintuitive in it’s attempt to be minimalist. There was supposed to be a cohesion between PvE and sPvP with this update but the gear and trait UIs are so far removed that its not even initially apparent you are looking at an interface to the same system.

Our weapons now carry over into sPvP, but with the separate builds that means we have to carry the weapon sets with us at all times to jump in and out. Unless I missed it, this is made worse by the lack of bank access in the mists. Four loading screens or wasting two or more trans charges to get the set we want if we don’t have it on us. Why is there a lose lose decision we have to make, if we want to swap out our sets, before we even start playing?

For two years people have gotten into the habit of weapon swapping in the hero window to preview different things, or get a better view of armor. Now weapon swapping is not reflected in hero window. To change to view a different set in the panel, you click the weapon.

When previewing some one handed item skins, my character will randomly become left handed and the offhand weapon will disappear. For example, sword/pistol set when previewing will arbitrarily and obnoxiously decide when previewing pistols to put the pistol in my main hand, hide my sword, and leave nothing in my off hand.

The UI and some of its functions are just a mess. I hope it sees another pass for polish and that sPvP gets a more natural feeling integration into the rest of the game’s traits/gear presentation. And I really hope it doesn’t take years to come around.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Adonai.5071

Adonai.5071

I liked the option of having 2 different looks for my toon one for PVE and another for PVP at the same time. Also liked how fast and easy to change my looks in PVP or test/preview new looks in the locker for items I don’t even have or didn’t even know they existed. Also i used some weapons in PVP that I didn’t use in PVE before due to different builds etc.

All these options are gone now. The wardrobe system in general is good but it took away with it some other very good stuff we had before.

People will get bored of seeing the same outfit for their toon everywhere they go in the game. And lets face it, very few players will not use charges that often as they used to change gears looks before. So this will create more bag cluttering for carrying all the weapons and multiple armor sets just for pvp change.

Also why there still isn’t a bank access in heart of the mist yet?? especially now that its become highly dependent on PVE items

Edit: I also don’t like how new amulet stat added have to be bought!!! if anything pvp lacked was the flexible option of stat distribution, adding new amulet stat types is good to provide more options but adding a fee to unlock is lame. Nevertheless that doesn’t solve the rigid choice of stats distribution in pvp.

(edited by Adonai.5071)

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

wait theres a limit on track progression per why? and where does it tell you this in game?

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

A number of the LS releases/rewards were helms that allowed you to apply the skin to any armor piece be it light/mediu/heavy with this update how is this going to work for those items when you add them to the wardrobe? ie. If I pick the heavy fused gauntlets will the light and medium also be unlocked or will only the heavy version be unlocked. Same for the last LS helm, is that unlocked for all armor types or just the character you unlock it on?

Actually, I’m very much curious about this. My horns of the dragon went to all three (Though I had all three still in inventorys), but I never picked a fused gauntlet. I was wondering yesterday if I picked one would it unlock for all 3 classes or just the one.

On the PVP only sets, Any hints how to unlock them now? I noticed the “PVP commando” set is now Marauder set, but I’m curious if anybody knows or has heard of a way to unlock them now.

Posted by: HavoHejDlihc.2509

HavoHejDlihc.2509

Its ridiculous to grind all the story dungeon again for the track reward for people who grind all of it before.

Please unlock it for those who already unlocked story mode! :D

Pretty Anet Please Please!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Actually, I’m very much curious about this. My horns of the dragon went to all three (Though I had all three still in inventorys), but I never picked a fused gauntlet. I was wondering yesterday if I picked one would it unlock for all 3 classes or just the one.

On the PVP only sets, Any hints how to unlock them now? I noticed the “PVP commando” set is now Marauder set, but I’m curious if anybody knows or has heard of a way to unlock them now.

In regards to the fused gaunlets, I used mine last night. Chose heavy, and yes all 3 tiers of armor unlocked the skin.

As for the pvp commando set, 4 of those pieces are available via pve as high level personal story rewards (mid to high 70s).

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Ayahuaska.3567

Ayahuaska.3567

I’m having the same trouble as the rest of these people.. rewards only progress until one bar into the third tier and then stop completely. Is there only so much you can unlock in one day or..?

Posted by: Sudden.8729

Sudden.8729

Vandallias – Champion Hunter Too Seksi – Guardian
www.twitch.tv/the_chach – Random sPVP/WvW

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

Not sure if this is the right thread for it and if even anyone at Anet reads this, but anyhow:

If you change between tPvP and PvE, you always have to change the equipped weapons.
This gets rather annoying for people like me that do some farming whilst waiting for another tPvP-match to open up.

Example:
You play 4 tpvp-matches in one hour.
You have 4 weapon slots to change before and after each match.
This results in 32 changes of weapons per hour.

Admittedly, this is close to a worst-case example, but even if it is a few changes per hour, it is rather cumbersome to have to change it.
Given that this was not necessary before the patch, it might be an oversight or even an intentional change.

Whatever it was, please change it back as soon as possible, because this really leaves a bitter taste to what is else a very good and welcome feature patch.

Klocknov.8219

After some play testing this is the things I have decided should be looked at.
1: UI for your sPvP gear, it needs to be added to both or just Hero or sPvP tabs. Not having it on either means you either have to enter a match or the mists to change your builds.
2: The blocky clunky UI that is currently used needs some cleaning, needs to be thinned down a bit so it doesn’t block peoples names and half their health bars in the mists and dueling arenas.
3: As others have stated, weapon being non-dependant on what you have equiped for PvE, I don’t care if I am required to carry the weapon, I just think it should be dependant on what you have setup in your sPvP build not your PvE/WvW build. Since all to often you have differen’t weapon sets used for both.
4: Again as others have mentioned, we need a bank now in the mists. Taking away the locker which was the mock bank of the mists before and giving us no way to change gear without leaving the mists if it is in our bank now is kind of a major drag. I could care less about a black lion merchant, but a bank is now very much so needed.
5: As I stated already and others have backed-up, giving us players that already have finished story-mode dungeons the ability to do the dungeon mode rewards tracks.

The last three would be the biggest issues, since it blocks progression or makes you have to do un-needed interactions just to play the game-mode if you are a PvX player.

Apart from that, goodjob on this patch. The condi meta seems a little to pushed, but at least we will have some interesting stuff to play around with for a month. And the wardrobe system is great with how it interacts with sPvP.

PS: Was a bit disappointed though that I did not get to choose between my PvE and PvP style with the implementation of the wardrobe system, I had to waste five transmutation stones on my Gaurdian just to get him back in Primeval armor.

Posted by: Dragonic Elemental.2674

Dragonic Elemental.2674

Feedback on the Gear UI:
When you open your hero panel now, you actuallt have nothing there, except for three options: going to Equipment, wardrobe or dyes. When you select one, you can go back by clicking in the top left corner. Please change this! Like this:
Have three icons in the top left for the three options, next to each other (square icons). When you open the hero panel, the equipment option is automatically selected, and you can swap between the three by clicking the icons.

The intermediate step of going back to a screen with nothing on it is annoying and unnecessary.

May the Six watch over us. And come back to Tyria soon.

Dragonic Elemental.2674

Feedback on the Trait UI: please remove the pop-up message when you click on a trait slot while you don’t have points in the trait line yet (Spend points to open the … trait slot? -Yes -No). This message belongs in the old system, but it is quite annoying in the new, fluent trait system.

Posted by: Anemone.8347

Anemone.8347

Feedback on reward tracks:
1. Please unlock the reward lines for dungeons where we have already completed the story mode before this patch. I don’t see a reason why we should need to run story modes a second time.
2. Regarding the daily lock out. I can see why custom arenas might need a lock out, but my understanding was that the arenas you get in via “play now”/ the arenas with names like 0016 were not the same as custom arenas, but these have the lockout as well. Is this intentional?

Posted by: Shepherd.5839

Shepherd.5839

whhhhhhhhhhhhhhy?!? What did Raid on the Capricorn ever do to you guys? I didn’t see that coming from a mile. I know aquatic combat was poorly optimized and didn’t really fit in pvp but my guild and I loved using that boat for 2v2 pirate ship battles on our custom server. I know it’s a minor gripe but that map was cool and I’m going to sincerely miss it. Made sense to keep it out of arenas but removing it all together strikes as giving up a little too much.

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

So those PvP-reward chests got simply deleted?

Had around a dozen where now is a blank banc space and I guess I missed all those skin-unlocks as I wasnt aware of any official announcement about that apart from the fact that rewards of any kind shouldnt be just deleted in the first place.

A GW2 patch becomes a gamble of "uh oh….what to do, what to dooo before the patch hits so I wont loose my rewards "

What did I miss here?
:(

This won’t end well…

Posted by: BlackNephilim.6591

BlackNephilim.6591

Is there any way to still obtain the tribal skin or is this beautiful skin forever unreachable to anybody who hasn’t unlocked it yet? That would be a real shame! I really want that skin in PvE but never liked to play PvP .. Is my chance to ever have it now gone forever??

Posted by: Alea.7625

Alea.7625

Please bring 8 vs 8 back. I used to only join 8 vs 8 servers, now sPvP seems so slow… I miss the dynamic fights.

(edited by Alea.7625)

Klocknov.8219

Another idea that me and my guild got to talking about is to bring the Rank tier rewards back to the equivalent rank as another rewards line. It would be a way to add some of the skins that were unique to sPvP while adding a requirement to unlock them since you will still need to get the rank required to get them as they were before. Unless you deleted all the PvP reward boxes you will already have the codes for all the boxes, so it would be a limited requirement to work on.

Dragonic Elemental.2674

The PvP reward feels very lackluster. Compared to WvW or dungeons, you don’t really get that much, even though PvP is a lot harder to do well. I would like to see better rank-up chests, or just an added amount of gold, based on rank points, when you finish a game.

Posted by: Psichi.1734

Psichi.1734

I really like the new PvP build system that was released in the new update, but i wonder why didnt Anet add something that will save your builds. i think it would be a great improvement to the PvP build system. saving builds was also available in guild wars 1.

Dragonic Elemental.2674

I think you should add something to save builds, but most of all, add a reward track to unlock the locked PvP gear; the sigils, runes and traits.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

The PvP reward feels very lackluster. Compared to WvW or dungeons, you don’t really get that much, even though PvP is a lot harder to do well. I would like to see better rank-up chests, or just an added amount of gold, based on rank points, when you finish a game.

As someone who popped into PvP to try out the new reward track, I agree with this post.
The rewards aren’t impressive, in fact I could probably run through a Champ Train then Shadow Behemoth and get a better spread.

I guess I wouldn’t mind PvP if it just had more to do.
When I automatically join its always a blasted capture point game,
Rinse, lather, claim blue and maybe green, yawn, repeat.

I think maybe I played a deathmatch once, but even then I was bored out of my skull and pressed on to get some Arah champ box. The rewards for that were blues, which annoyed me and did not inspire me to keep playing this mode much.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Kalavier.1097

I got a rock from one of the PVP reward chests. Either leveling up or in the reward track.

However, I’m most interested in the big reward chests, not the little ones.

Klocknov.8219

I did as well get a rock, which can not be used in the sPvP zone at all. If you want to give us stuff like that, then at least allow us to play with it, otherwise PvE environmental crap has no reason to be in sPvP rewards.

On top of that I also got a Steel Harvesting Sickle, which is even more useless then that rock, I am lvl 80 not 20 first off and second off there is no nodes in sPvP or food notes for home instance. So why are these able to be given at all? If I wanted gathering tools I would buy infinite or ori tools. Now if you want to give free Ori tools, and have a code that says if under lvl X give these Y give these then fine, I can deal with that, but still would rather not have useless crud in my rewards chests.

Posted by: Pourekos.5032

Pourekos.5032

Is there a reason for having all 6 sigils being of the same kind? Wasn’t it advertised that this patch was going to bring more diversity in the builds? How does that fit into it?

Kalavier.1097

Is there a reason for having all 6 sigils being of the same kind? Wasn’t it advertised that this patch was going to bring more diversity in the builds? How does that fit into it?

You mean runes?

They said one of the goals was the make the sixth slot rune be more effective, so people can be enticed to use all 6 runes of undead instead of 3 undead, 3 something else (for example).

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Is there any way to still obtain the tribal skin or is this beautiful skin forever unreachable to anybody who hasn’t unlocked it yet? That would be a real shame! I really want that skin in PvE but never liked to play PvP .. Is my chance to ever have it now gone forever??

This needs to be implemented back into the game as soon as possible. There’s really no reason it should have even been removed in the first place. This and all the other PvP armor sets weren’t timed exclusives like LS or holiday outfits, so why are they gone? They should either be available as a whole armor set in a reward track or implemented in PvE in some way (i.e. make Tribal a karma set, like it originally was in beta). Whatever the case, I sincerely hope we see them in the game very soon, as players have been waiting for the Tribal set since the game’s release. How much longer do we have to wait?

Please give us back the Tribal armor set (and all other PvP armor sets) soon! Having them for use in PvE does us no good if we can’t obtain them anymore, and we were never told they would be unobtainable after the patch. It’s very disheartening.

Posted by: dAcIaW.5107

dAcIaW.5107

So I am stuck in a reward track at 63%, I have won 5 games since and it has not progressed. I thought it was a DR sort of thing so I went wvw and did a few events and still it will not progress (after wvw I did another game).

Kalavier.1097

You can view those sets in the wardrobe. But yes, I wanna know a method to unlock them.

DACLAW, are you doing the arena ones? The custom arenas only provide so many tiers per day.

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

Overall negative opinion of new trait system:

-Level 30 is too long to wait to get traits.
-The unlocks for traits are not relevant to the level range you unlock them.
See here: http://thepaletree.net/2014/04/19/trait-disappointment-a-followup/
Adept trait requiring Zone Completion of level 70 area. huh?
-New trait system combined with Megaservers has made unlocking the new GM traits a guessing game. Can’t tell if Lyssa is open, closed or being attacked? You either sit a character in the zone and keep checking or give up and buy the trait.
-This then ends up discouraging people away from what should be a fun addition to play.
-The populace that wasn’t spending trait points correctly before will likely not be bothering to unlock most traits, thus ending up all with the same build that uses the default free trait.

-On top of this, the new trait UI is clunkier than the old trait UI. It requires more clicks to assign traits than it did before, thus making build switching more of a pain.

So the the overall effect is that the new trait system has made character growth feel more grindy due to common use of Zone Completion tasks and the slower rate of attaining traits, and, as well, less free and open for new characters, and this along with the clunkier interface will discourage build experimentation among many players.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

(edited by etiolate.9185)

Kalavier.1097

-The unlocks for traits are not relevant to the level range you unlock them.
See here: http://thepaletree.net/2014/04/19/trait-disappointment-a-followup/
Adept trait requiring Zone Completion of level 70 area. huh?

Okay, I’ll admit I have a new character slot but haven’t done anything on them (Unsure if current characters are forced to unlock traits above their current trait level… current meaning chars from before the update)… but if that list is true, I agree some of those are very much weirdly out of place level wise.

From what I could tell, at least the adept traits are rather cheap silver wise… but I think the persons suggested tweaks fits… level 25-35 or so content for adept traits, so on so forth.

Posted by: dAcIaW.5107

dAcIaW.5107

Hmm, I think that may be my issue, thanks Kalavier!

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

I’m disappointed that story modes done before patch do not count to unlock the tracks.

The effort spent on doing them before or after patch are not different as far as I’m aware, I don’t understand why and unless given a reasonable explanation I think it is a unfair situation, forcing players to redo story mode or work with only the temporarily unlocked tracks are not proper solutions, the story mode itself is far from rewarding and as a player has seen the story already, makes no sense to ask us to repeat or otherwise.

I hope anet will reconsider and unlock them accordingly.