Game Updates: Wardrobe, Transmutation, Outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Finn Dove of Myst.7819

Finn Dove of Myst.7819

Why would that roleplaying element be removed – I thought it influenced how the game interactions occurred? And I don’t recall seeing that in any of the advance information.

Stick to the plan AND Go with the flow.

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

Sooo, if I purchased multiples of the same item with game gold or gems, am I SOL or is there something I can do?

For example, I purchased multiple sets of light tier 3 cultural armor. The cost of this armor is of course extremely high, but now I essentially wasted all that gold when I could have just used a significantly cheaper transmutation in the new system.

Another example, I had purchased multiple blue quaggan backpacks on the gem store, which isn’t nearly as big of a deal as the cultural armor, but it’s still money that’s now wasted as transmutations are so much cheaper.

Kinda feels like I’ve been cheated now that the system has changed. :/ I like it the way it is now and all, but holy cow did I ever take a massive smack to my wallet.

Edit: I should probably clarify that all of my characters are asura. So, yes I bought the exact same armor skin for 3 different characters, my mesmer, necro and ele. They all have t3 cultural and it’s probably around 200 gold wasted.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

(edited by Dog.1472)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Why would that roleplaying element be removed – I thought it influenced how the game interactions occurred? And I don’t recall seeing that in any of the advance information.

There was thread last week where someone noticed it missing from a dev’s picture or video, or something. There was some minor speculation by forumites but nothing confirmed (of course).

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

How does the Mad King Chest work? If I use one skin, do I get each one? Or do I only get the one I choose to use over and over?

Posted by: csquirrelrun.3108

csquirrelrun.3108

My Mad King Thorns outfit dissapeared from my character :/ And frankly I was kinda expecting to have the cultural armor sets in the wardrobe since I have the Emperor title…

Did you talk with a Black Lion Armour trader? He should give you 5 Mad King Thorn outfits which upon use will unlock it as an outfit in your wardrobe (I’m not sure why we get 5 because it seems you only need to use it once).

Cultural armour unlocks just like all the other armour, but don’t expect to use norn skins on an asura. Do you still own the armour sets somewhere? If they weren’t soulbound yet you’ll need to right click and select unlock in order to bind them to your wardrobe.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

Just seems to be a lot of oversight on so many levels. I really wonder how much they rushed headlong into this without thinking of the consequences.

Town clothes. Sure, streamlined, but a lot of the choice and creativity is gone. They weren’t used by everyone, but everyone who used them did so in a way that made the character and their look appealing to them. I can’t imagine removing player choice was a serious aim or intention, so can only assume they didn’t consider it.

Megaserver rollout – again, not grasping what it means to the established world communities, and some niche communities, like the RPers. Demonstrating very little understanding of those aspects of their playerbase, or at least showing they considered them in the design process. Not bowing to every whim, but at least acknowledging them in a thought process. Thankfully came to thir senses to do a rollout in more controlled areas (i.e lower population) in order to test it live without causing widespread issues to a large number of people, so they can fix before full implementation. But there are now reports that it may still be being activated in some higher pop areas like cities (claimed, but not wholly confirmed). Seems murky.

Apparant removal of alignment system (or at least the visibility of it). As was not announced, can only assume on their redesigns it was omitted. That they don’t have a grip on their own mechanics, however small, is discouraging.

Not having a way of notifying people what they have in town slots. Lack of thought about the transition from the old system to the new. That in itself speaks wonders.

Not being clear about where the free charges are or how to obtain them. Sure, easy enough to find, but the fact people are missing them, as they are with their previously equipped town clothes, indicates some lack of communication and no clear message from Anet.

Feedback. SO much for a dialogue between developer and player. They say they look at the feedback, and while I believe that, it is best to be seen to do it as well as actually doing it. No real engagement at all since these features were announced.

To me, it just seems Anet had some great ideas, but went heck for leather in putting them in, and as such has done a cack-handed job of it. Just all seems one giant rush job from beginning to end.

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Well, on a brighter note, the price of charges is at least reasonable.

Not IMHO, ppl will be using charges a lot more than they used stones or crystals, therefore the price should have been significantly lower than even stones. They will make more money from these sales, gouging us in the process.

I hadn’t thought of that. Why do you suppose they’d use them ‘more’? I don’t envision using them more, well, at least at 80.

They’ve made it more convenient to change the look, so I would think people would change their look more frequently.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

The wardrobe system could have been something amazing but was tarnished by a complete mishandling of town clothes. I still don’t understand why they wouldn’t just be treated as standard skins – no need for a separate outfit slot.

Also, while it’s a relatively minor thing, I’m kind of miffed that my equipped pieces reverted to their original name when before they were always labeled by the skin that was applied and not the stats.

I had the temple set that I had applied the Viper’s Skin to, and before the patch it all was labled “Viper’s Coat”. Now it’s being back to being labeled “Reyna’s Coat”, etc. The name of the gear should follow the skin and not the stats, IMO.

Posted by: Adondriel.2837

Adondriel.2837

My only problem with the update is the hero panel is now rediculously annoying to navigate… I was hoping the costume/appearance tab would be one window, and you will ALWAYS see your gear/inventory, and then just switch to the different tab to change looks. The current GUI makes it take a lot longer and a lot more time to change weapons and gear around if you are in a hurry.

Posted by: silentlegend.4852

silentlegend.4852

I know everyone has already said this, but I thought I was spending a ‘charge’ to apply a rare weapon skin to every weapon of the same type my character uses (IE all equipped great swords would use the same great sword skin once I unlocked it ans spent a charge). Instead I have to use the charge every time I found a new weapon.

I wouldn’t mind actually buying charges if I knew it meant my character could keep his armor skin as I ran through the world swapping actual armor pieces.

So very disappointed right now. I went from being excited for weeks to start playing Guild Wars again, to genuinely angry it all turned out to be the same broken system in a new interface.

As of right now, the only good the wardrobe does is unlock ‘outfits’ for all characters (which should have worked this way from day one).

csquirrelrun.3108

Sooo, if I purchased multiples of the same item with game gold or gems, am I SOL or is there something I can do?

For example, I purchased multiple sets of light tier 3 cultural armor. The cost of this armor is of course extremely high, but now I essentially wasted all that gold when I could have just used a significantly cheaper transmutation in the new system.

Most people will just say, you paid for what you got at the time. Prior to this update you had to pay for the ability to have T3 light cultural on several toons, and if you did, then you got the benefit of doing so at the time.

The same goes for crafting multiple legendaries of the same type (the difference being you still retain the stats and functionality), or acquiring the same Ascended trinkets on all your alts, or (god forbid) buying 2 Eternal Lights so you can dual wield them like a Harpy. The latter would have cost someone over 1000 gold that they could have saved in the new system. However, people that did this were able to afford to do so, and now, should they wish to do similar things they’ll be able to spend their money in different ways.

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Please, PLEASE let me hide the helmet of my winter outfit! The hat looks hideous and I never used it, just let me hide it, please! Oh gods this is a disaster…

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Anyone else have dyes they’ve unlocked that refuse to go into the dye panel? I have Abyss on a character and even though I’ve logged all my characters in at least once, and opened the dye panel, even when I am on the character using Abyss, it does not transfer to the dye panel.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

Most people will just say, you paid for what you got at the time. Prior to this update you had to pay for the ability to have T3 light cultural on several toons, and if you did, then you got the benefit of doing so at the time.

The same goes for crafting multiple legendaries of the same type (the difference being you still retain the stats and functionality), or acquiring the same Ascended trinkets on all your alts, or (god forbid) buying 2 Eternal Lights so you can dual wield them like a Harpy. The latter would have cost someone over 1000 gold that they could have saved in the new system. However, people that did this were able to afford to do so, and now, should they wish to do similar things they’ll be able to spend their money in different ways.

Yeaaah I can probably just bite the bullet on what I’ve wasted. I can’t imagine being that guy that made 2 incinerators.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I didnt receive the skin back that i only tansmuted once last year prepatch. I thought were were supposed to receive the first and last skin back?

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

csquirrelrun.3108

Please, PLEASE let me hide the helmet of my winter outfit! The hat looks hideous and I never used it, just let me hide it, please! Oh gods this is a disaster…

You can, it’s not very intuitive though. When you have your outfit equipped and showing, un-tick the box for your helm. It looks like you’re hiding your actual head piece but it will hide the hat of your outfit instead.

csquirrelrun.3108

Yeaaah I can probably just bite the bullet on what I’ve wasted. I can’t imagine being that guy that made 2 incinerators.

Well, they’ve now got 2 fully ascended, account bound and stat swappable weapons, so it’s not the worst thing in the world. It’s the expensive exotics where it sucks for people.

It does still sucks to be in that situation though, thinking if only…

Posted by: Kallandra.2610

Kallandra.2610

Just adding my voice to the people that really aren’t happy with the Town Clothes changes.

I really don’t agree with or like the tonic idea. I bought separate pieces to mix and match, and dye, with other pieces. I didn’t buy them to suddenly change in to a hideous blue coloured outfit I didn’t want. I don’t like the colour blue! I also hated the black and red of the original outfits, which is why I changed them. People don’t want to look like clones, they want individuality, well at least I do.

It would have been better to keep town clothes as they were, or at least make it so that those pieces that were ported over to armour could also be used by town clothes still.

Also, what happened to the personality bars? Charming etc? Do my characters no longer have personalities to go with their prison uniforms now?

I’ll be applying for a gem refund as soon as they’re available. Unless you can somehow salvage this situation.

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

BACK ITEMS:

we still can’t see our current back items in the hero pane, not even from the new wardrobe system.
You can see other back items but when clicking the current skin of your back item it does not show.

The only way to see your current back item is to make a skin chat link then clicking that to look in the preview window.

You might wanna review this… as it’s inconsistent with all other armor selection processes with the wardrobe.

And while you’re at it.. let’s keep the back item shown when /dance’ing please

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

WIELDED WEAPONS IN WARDOBE:

Many weapons have special effects when drawn, we cannot see this from the wardrobe.

please have a tickbox to show the weapon wielded, or have it always wielded when previewing in the wardrobe.

in the meantime we will continue to spam chat to generate the skin links to click then click wielded in the preview window.

thanks.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

You can, it’s not very intuitive though. When you have your outfit equipped and showing, un-tick the box for your helm. It looks like you’re hiding your actual head piece but it will hide the hat of your outfit instead.

Oh by the gods, the spirits, the Pale Tree, the Eternal Alchemy, thank you! Thank you SO MUCH! You have no idea of how much you just helped me, this is such a big deal for me! You just fixed the entire update for me. Really.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

It’s very clear from this thread that you screwed up. What exactly was the problem with town clothes that they just had to be turned into tonics? Why are you clearly scamming us with the transmutation stones. 3 stones for 1 charge? You’ve effectively screwed over low level characters with that change.

You need to listen to your players for once.

Posted by: Pixelogic.7953

Pixelogic.7953

I’ve been heavily affected by this change in a very negative manner.

First off, I bought different pieces of the gem store sets to mix and match together and even dye them in different combinations. I used the default town clothes along with the designer hoodies with an awesome dye mix that added a personal flavor to my character. Having the tonics give you the default look with the entire set just kills any idea of creativity and freedom in using them.

Second, I’m a roleplayer on Tarnished Coast and I use town clothes everywhere. I don’t want to look like a bomber pilot with dark muddy dyes while roleplaying in the cities or out in the world. Just because I love the top and bought the top for that set does not mean I want to wear the entire complete set. I want my UNIQUE look in the world.

I’ve talked with friends who are equally disappointed with this change. I really don’t understand why it can’t be implemented in this feature patch with the new wardrobe system, which is excellent.

Please Anet, give us back our CREATIVITY! And if not, I want my gems back! Thanks.

Sorry, but when have they every done anything at all to favor RPers?

Yeah, not everyone RPs, but the problem doesn’t stop at roleplayers. This branches out to every player who spent actual money like me on town clothes assets from the gem store.

People like me have bought separate pieces are almost robbed since we can’t get our own look anymore by mix and matching the gem items. Sure, there are people who buy the complete sets, but they’ll feel the same with these tonics being un-dyeable and in their default, generic, muddy dyes.

csquirrelrun.3108

Now for my quick initial feedback.

It’d be great to have more flexibility with dying the outfits. The 4 universal dye channels just don’t offer enough control IMO. If it were possible to separate the dye channels out “per piece” that would be really cool.

I think the Hero panel should default to the Equipment tab, rather than the last tab opened (or perhaps give us the option of selecting this usability for maximum freedom!). This could be frustrating when you want to quickly swap out weapons or armour and you don’t use your inventory to do this for whatever reason, because you’re forced to exit out of whichever tab you are currently in. Naturally I can see myself adjusting to the new system, and changing my old habits to suit, but being able to use the Equipment tab is more reliable than the inventory (which differs from character to character and player to player).

Posted by: brainiacxiii.4203

brainiacxiii.4203

Add me to the list of users very upset over Town Clothes. I imagine they didn’t want to make them normal skins because you cannot tell the armor class of someone when they are wearing Town Clothes. An Easy solution is to not allow armor with Town Clothes skins into PVP matches, or add an icon next to everyone name that shows their profession. Honestly anything is better than Tonics. Tonics only make sense for ridiculous transformations like an Ooze or Toy.

Posted by: Khursun.2354

Khursun.2354

OK, honestly not sure why my thread was locked and why I was told to go here where people are upset about their town clothes???

Being a WvW person, I don’t do much PvE unless it has something I want to work for, which is a skin in this case. So having done dungeons (CoF and and AC for Monk) to get the items I want and to have them disappear with an update, is making me a bit irate.

I don’t care to share them on my other characters, I just want them back on my guardian and wanted to know if others had the same issue, so we can figure it out if it’s a lot or just a few of us and if I should make a bug report or get help another way.

I see one other person having the same issue I am on this thread and that’s it. I’ve logged in and out, logged all toons on and yet my guardian still has blue, level 31 shoulders that I did not equip.

T-Rex
Raijin Hammerstorm/Lightstorm/Shrimpstorm

Posted by: Bloody Rhapsody.3810

Bloody Rhapsody.3810

Can we have an option to sort the skins according to sets in the account vault?
(e.g. crafting sets, cultural armor sets, dungeon sets, gem store sets, etc. )
The sorting scheme of the old PvP locker was fine but the current sorting is inconvenient and not intuitive. (And I can’t find any option to change the sorting scheme.)
Some problems of the current sorting scheme:
1. Cultural armor pieces of different tiers and races are not grouped together. They scatter around at different places in the vault.
2. The spinal blades backpack and catcher backpack of different colors also scatter around.
And sorting according to gear type is not convenient since most of the time I want to try out the whole set and then change some of the pieces.

Thank you.

(edited by Bloody Rhapsody.3810)

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’ve been heavily affected by this change in a very negative manner.

First off, I bought different pieces of the gem store sets to mix and match together and even dye them in different combinations. I used the default town clothes along with the designer hoodies with an awesome dye mix that added a personal flavor to my character. Having the tonics give you the default look with the entire set just kills any idea of creativity and freedom in using them.

Second, I’m a roleplayer on Tarnished Coast and I use town clothes everywhere. I don’t want to look like a bomber pilot with dark muddy dyes while roleplaying in the cities or out in the world. Just because I love the top and bought the top for that set does not mean I want to wear the entire complete set. I want my UNIQUE look in the world.

I’ve talked with friends who are equally disappointed with this change. I really don’t understand why it can’t be implemented in this feature patch with the new wardrobe system, which is excellent.

Please Anet, give us back our CREATIVITY! And if not, I want my gems back! Thanks.

Sorry, but when have they every done anything at all to favor RPers?

Yeah, not everyone RPs, but the problem doesn’t stop at roleplayers. This branches out to every player who spent actual money like me on town clothes assets from the gem store.

People like me have bought separate pieces are almost robbed since we can’t get our own look anymore by mix and matching the gem items. Sure, there are people who buy the complete sets, but they’ll feel the same with these tonics being un-dyeable and in their default, generic, muddy dyes.

I just recovered my town clothes and among the tonics were my Devil Horns, GW2 Cap, Witch’kitten and Wizard’kitten. All four of them are head skin unlocks for all armor weights. If they could do it for head gear, why in the world could they not do it for all types of town clothes? There is no reasonable answer to this question. This was a straight up bungle and never made any sense, and everyone on the forums knew that right from the beginning.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: onio.6403

onio.6403

Outfits: I’ll be brief, the fact that the outfits can not be combined or applied partial overlapping armor is quite sad and frustrating overated.
Also add the fact that the clothing city become tonics is absurd and even less freedom, plus it should be in store for uestedes the gems removed without notice at the bazaar.
If this changes and I do not think many people will ask for a refund or economic gem for the money invested in something that was not well explained in the official post nor anything just in case tonics.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

change the outfit system back. simple.

I’m upset, but I’m not going to go off the handle. This obviously didn’t work out as intended…so change it back or add more flexibility for mixing and matching and dyability.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: mice.7045

mice.7045

Having ‘Mad Memories: Complete Edition’ backpiece skin does not unlock
‘Mad Memories’ backpiece skin, it’s direct ‘precursor’.

re: "Items that have gone through skin progression, like legendary weapons or Spinal Blade back items, will unlock all the skins in their direct progression line "

edit: Thank you, Shadow Dragon. I didn’t remember that aspect of the progression and that makes perfect sense. Back to enjoying my game

(edited by mice.7045)

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

change the outfit system back. simple.

I’m upset, but I’m not going to go off the handle. This obviously didn’t work out as intended…so change it back or add more flexibility for mixing and matching and dyability.

Agree I want my witches outfits with phantom hood back WITHOUT having to pay for a transmutation charge!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

This new system also sucks….or at least part of it does. Town clothes should NEVER have been a tonic! At the worst you should have combined them like you did the other “outfit” stuff..and added more dye channels.

oh and dyes…PAY to dye something?! What genius thought that up? Your repugnant money grabbing attempt is going to prompt me to get a refund on my outfits and never spend another cent on GW2 in any way, shape or form.

Dyes should NEVER cost to apply them to outfits/armor. Fire the idiot who thought that one up.

Posted by: NitricRose.1863

NitricRose.1863

All of the items I have crafted in the past should have their skins unlocked.

Posted by: Shadow Dragon.9874

Shadow Dragon.9874

re: "Items that have gone through skin progression, like legendary weapons or Spinal Blade back items, will unlock all the skins in their direct progression line "

Actually even though the Mad Memoires (greenish book) was required to get the glowing book (complete dition) those two are separate items as you didn’t lose the pre-item when you got the “complete edition”.

So you should still have the two items if you didn’t delete the 1st book for whatever reason. I think the blog post was talking about how for example if you create an item in mystic forge (‘upgrade’ an item) and the upgraded item holds the info about the skin that was lost in the process of creating the new item.

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

I’m totally digging the patch, but I am missing how when you transmuted an item it took up the name of the skin you were applying. Trivial, but I really do miss it. Also, in regards to town clothes I do miss how we could dye them and customize them. The rest of the wardrobe is starting to feel clean, organized and much more efficient compared to pre-patch though.

Posted by: bristle.1062

bristle.1062

I had some PvP dungeon armor skins that were obtained via achievement chests. They are not in my wardrobe. Bug or intentional?

This has happened to me. I had most of the CoE set from achievement chests and they are not in my wardrobe at all. I was thinking, maybe they took them away since I didn’t earn them from either doing the dungeon or through SPVP. But I have dungeon weapons that I’ve gotten through the achievement chests and those are all in my wardrobe. So it doesn’t make sense.

Shadow Dragon.9874

oh and dyes…PAY to dye something?! What genius thought that up? Your repugnant money grabbing attempt is going to prompt me to get a refund on my outfits and never spend another cent on GW2 in any way, shape or form.

Dyes should NEVER cost to apply them to outfits/armor. Fire the idiot who thought that one up.

I wish you had taken the time you spent writing that post to actually notice that applying dyes is free but because you can also change skins at the same time it will display the total charge cost even on the dye page (if you have the skin change still in process).

TL;DR applying dyes was and is still free. Only skin changes require charges.

Posted by: Oddcl.1507

Oddcl.1507

I posted this in another thread but still this is ridiculous so posting it here.

I agree with this…I bought most of the clothes and armor types for my characters including double and triple on town clothes.
I loved roleplaying on this game to the point where I was on it every other day at least an hour if not more. The skin idea I thought would make it so we could put skins on our items without the transmutation or a cost…clearly that is not intended and you want more money. This is becoming a gold funnel I feel which makes me rather depressed.
Also items becoming tonics is ridiculous. I did not mind it if it was certain things but a cherry blouse shirt should not be a tonic. An example, “That cherry blouse silk shirt looks so good on you. It is too bad you are not wearing any pants.”
or the cargo shorts being just shorts. The hats are also good examples but most hats do not remove your clothes cause they are armor skins.
I feel like this patch to most we thought was to clear up inventory space and make the items and bags more organized, but clearly it was just a way to force more money out of our hands.

I was looking forward to this patch for the whole week and now I am just so furious about it and the costs of clothes along with the server issues that I wish we could get refunded on all the stuff we gave this company.

I am ashamed to consider myself a fan of Anet games now because this has become just another money pincer for roleplayers.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

This new system also sucks….or at least part of it does. Town clothes should NEVER have been a tonic! At the worst you should have combined them like you did the other “outfit” stuff..and added more dye channels.

I’m peeved at much of these changes, but lets not get ahead of ourselves here. We do not pay to dye anything, beyond the cost of the dye itself. When you dye something, and the confirmation screen pops up, it says that the cost is “0 charges”. It is more a confirmation if you want to do it than a notification of charge use, as charges aren’t used. It is a little confusing, and seems just an extra click more than needed, as the previous way seemed perfectly fine.

But to recap. It DOES NOT cost to dye armour.

Edit: Grrr. Someone beat me to it

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

Shadow Dragon.9874

What I’d like to see is to be able to check the ‘wardrobe vault’ without going to the bank npc.

Posted by: bubblewrap.4987

bubblewrap.4987

I really enjoy the new additions in general, however please reconsider a different solution to town clothing system. The tonic/outfit system is very disappointing to say the least. I miss the vivid color selection and mix match ability.

Posted by: Welgaia.7523

Welgaia.7523

I really don’t like the change where transmuted items are now called by its base item rather than the skin. Transmutation should mean that only the base item’s stats remain, while it takes the skin’s appearance and name.

All my SAB/Tribulation weapons are now called Crappy Greatsword X instead of their correct names, since there are no base weapons for these skins.

Posted by: teriyakininja.4698

teriyakininja.4698

I’m pretty content with the changes…i just have one gripe.

May we please use the name of the skin rather than the original item? It’s annoying to see Berserker’s Draconic armor when it’s actually Phalanx or whatever else. It’s just bothersome….

Posted by: Resolt.4206

Resolt.4206

I’m pretty content with the changes…i just have one gripe.

May we please use the name of the skin rather than the original item? It’s annoying to see Berserker’s Draconic armor when it’s actually Phalanx or whatever else. It’s just bothersome….

This. I cant handle having 5 Bandit’s Sunderers when I need to swap quickly in a dungeon or pvp.

Posted by: Black cat XIII.3576

Black cat XIII.3576

I hate the tonic town clothes. My significant other and I have most of our characters as couples and we would put on the town clothes and have fun running around in them. Now the clothes are a burden to our inventory and we can not dye them… There goes the excitement of the new dye system and town clothes combo…

Please patch the clothes so that wearing an outfit actually is practical.

Suggestion for the UI put town clothes on the right side of the armor with checks so that they can be used, hidden or dyed independently.

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Can you clarify me this, they will give us our gems back even if we exchanged them for gold and not for money?

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve been experimenting with outfits to see if I can stomach them. Apparently the dye scheme you apply to them is not saved when you swap away from them.

Either I’m missing some step that locks in the dye, or they’re even more clumsy and useless than they appear because why the heck would I want to have to carefully find all the dyes again once I have the outfit looking how I want?

As to tonics, one or two of them are barely acceptable (country lace comes out ok on my human mesmer, if in far duller colors than I’d prefer), but they really aren’t doing what the original cash purchase bought me. And I’ve bought almost all the town clothes, sometimes multiples.

I’ll be trying to sort extra crap into one part of my bank so I can total up what’s become useless or duplicative. Hopefully there isn’t a short-term deadline on refunds, because I want to think very carefully about this, and possibly get some dev straight up info on whether the items will in the future be swappable for new look-alikes that are mix and match and dyeable. Because the one thing worse you could do to my costume collection than this change is to later on make it useful again but refuse to replace items I no longer have.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I don’t like the colour blue! I also hated the black and red of the original outfits, which is why I changed them. People don’t want to look like clones, they want individuality, well at least I do.

I’m really disappointed by the “common clothes” tonic. I know the default town clothes weren’t very popular, but I liked them, and I really liked dying them. They were a great way to express a little extra personality. Losing the ability to mix-and-match pieces is also a drag; the Mad King boots look great with the default pants, for example.

Instead of a tonic, I wish common clothes were just an outfit, so that I could at least dye them. Outfits already kill the question of differentiating armor weights on the battle field, and they look as durable and practical as quite a few armor sets I could name. While I’m going to miss mixing and matching, that would be a better trade if I could fight in them and dye them.

I imagine they didn’t want to make them normal skins because you cannot tell the armor class of someone when they are wearing Town Clothes.

While I haven’t been in a PvP match, I was able to wear an outfit (Witch’s Outfit) in the lobby, as well as in WvW. So any argument about being able to distinguish easily between armor classes on the a battle field is inapplicable now. (Which is funny/unfortunate, since I’ve been the one making the case for distinguishing between weights before.) It can look super cool, matching up the right outfit with the right weapons and back pieces, but it’s something worth noting.

While I don’t think I’d ever actually use the incomplete version, I have to agree that this seems like an oversight. (Technical explanations about Mad Memories’ outdated upgrade process aside, it’s how people expect something to function that matters.)

I’ve been experimenting with outfits to see if I can stomach them. Apparently the dye scheme you apply to them is not saved when you swap away from them.

Either I’m missing some step that locks in the dye, or they’re even more clumsy and useless than they appear because why the heck would I want to have to carefully find all the dyes again once I have the outfit looking how I want?

Egads, you’re right. That’s horrible. It could at least keep the dye channels I set for my previous outfit, instead of just reverting back to the default. (Witch and Mad King defaults are both pretty lousy, in my opinion, even though they look great dyed.)

I’m still digesting all the changes made in this release, but I think it’s pretty clear that it’s rough for roleplayers / anyone who used town clothes. There are some improvements, but what got taken away will be missed pretty sorely.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Hey there,

What I mean by Tribal Armor is the PvP set of Masquerade. I haven’t been able to get on to the game yet, but I’m curious if anyone knows about it. I’ve always wanted to use it in PvE, but it remained a PvP-only skin. With the new integration of PvP skins into PvE, I’m hoping that it does not just vanish, but rather becomes a new armor set in PvE.

If anyone has info, let me know!

I shall be logging on soon, hopefully.

This has been asked frequently & noone seems to know