Game Updates: Wardrobe, Transmutation, Outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I received a response concerning the Mad Memories skin: They will not unlock this skin for those of us who have the Mad Memories Complete Edition.
In the response I was told the Mad Memories was not required for the Mad Memories Complete Edition. This however, was not the impression I was left with as a player at the time, and according to the wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mad_Memories this is an incorrect claim.
Also, at the time players were under inventory space constraints. A good portion ended up deleting the soulbound Mad Memories because we did not have the room for it, keeping only the higher stat one. There was no way the players were aware of your plans for this wardrobe system back then, or that the requests for more inventory space were going to be answered as they eventually were.
I think it would only be fair to unlock the Mad Memories skin for everyone who put in the effort to unlock the Mad Memories Complete Edition.

Agreed. They should unlock the Mad Memoires skin for those who have the complete edition. The reason why is because while you didn’t need the previous skin to get the complete edition, you HAD to have completed the quest to get the old skin in order to unlock the quest that gave you the complete edition. I see no reason why they shouldn’t give us both skins.

Posted by: Lyssan.3768

Lyssan.3768

I like some of what’s changed and loathe others.

GOOD STUFF:
Accountwide dyes

Skin unlocks

MIXED BAG:
Transmutation costs - much better having a singular currency for them instead of stones for 1-79 and crystals for 1-80. Using crystals to transmute anything less than 80 was a waste and by 80 the stones became worthless to that alt unless they chose <80 gear to equip. So one cost instead of two is better. What lets it down a bit is this now means we transmute a third of what we used to on the way up to 80 forcing a more conservative approach to those who can’t afford it (or coaxing towards a gemstore purchase for those that can).

(removed some of above post)
Tyger, this last part I think may be a part of the reasoning behind screwing over the people who actually do transmute gear on the way up, including me. Not everyone thinks it is a waste, and who knows, it may actually BE a waste to transmute gear before level 80, but isn’t that for the player to decide to do for themselves if they want to?

I had two solutions posted, will post here again, to keep it fresh in people’s minds.

1. - Use the old cost system, 1 charge for items and skins level 79 and under. Three charges for level 80 gear and skins (including specials). Doesn’t kitten over anyone as the cost is the same as before.
  2. - Have a mix and match of the old system and the new (unlikely due to programming issues but possible). Let the players use up the old stones and crystals until they are gone, or let the player trade them in to an NPC at the kittened up rate. Any transmute rewards from that point forward would be the charges at the kitten over the non-80 only transmuters rate. I am not happy with this method as it still kittens over the people who want to transmute as they level, but I could live with this solution.

Either way, credit back the previously exchanged (and deleted because they only had 1 or 2 left) stones and crystals (and delete the corresponding transmute charges from these items only), and let the players decide for themselves if they want to trade them to an NPC for the screwed over rate.

Lyssan.3768

This is the best update yet, thanks ArenaNet!

There is a little change I’d like to see to the hero window and that is to add three tabs for equipment, wardrobe and dyes instead of what we currently have.
It kinda annoys me a little bit. :P

It will be much faster if we had tabs when mixing and matching different armor pieces and dyes.

Other than a different location and bigger tabs/buttons is that any different than how it is now?

Lyssan.3768

After finding out that you only get guaranteed Transmutation Charges from completing the 4 main cities, and that any other map completion there’s only a small chance of getting -1- charge,

Assuming they straight up replaced the old 3-stone reward for map completion with a 1-charge reward, you’ll get plenty of them.

Also, you missed one. If they insist on Outfits for the future, they need to retain their dye colors. Right now if you switch Outfits, it loses the dye scheme you applied and goes back to the default colors.

…you realize you have to accept the dye changes for them to count, right? The outfits dye just fine.

The previous map area completion that guaranteed you would get 3 transmute stones before is no more. Neither is the ripoff equivalent of 1 transmute charge. (Ripoff because not every transmute is on level 80 gear.) On 3 separate map completions (on different characters), first one, I got a Black Lion Chest key (which has VERY rarely happened before), and that chest had a transmute charge in it. Second map completion, standard from before minus transmute charge or equivalent. Third map completion, transmute charge among the reward.

And judging by the posts from the proverbial ton of people posting, not all dyes of the outfits work “just fine”, and I think Hamfast’s point more was that they are not a permanent change until the player changes them again.

Lyssan.3768

Just some food for thought about how big this mess is, this thread has over 714 replies in it. Assuming everyone in this thread bought at least one pair of town clothes for 200 gems, this equates to 142800 gems. Now of course there are a lot more people affected than that, but were going to stick with 143k gems for sake of simplicity. 100 gems at the current time can be exchanged for 6.5 gold. 143k divided by 100 is of course 1430. Now I’m not some math genius or economics professor or anything, but if you multiply 6.5 gold by 1430 you get 9250 gold. Now if everyone in this thread demanded refunds for at least 1 piece of town clothing, the total value of money being generated out of nothing would be 9250 gold. This is very bad for the in game economy and is going to start causing some rather interesting inflation. I would suggest perhaps, just making town clothing an available armor skin before the economy decides to start tanking.

Not everyone is just posting about the town clothes. Not a safe assumption. However, I did recommend that Anet start official and separate threads for each of the subsections within this one thread, to get a handle on the topics, and so they could better see people’s responses to this “wonderful” update.

Lyssan.3768

The Devs explained why certain Town Clothes could not be used in the manner some desire. You can read about it in the appropriate thread, where feedback such as yours should be posted.

Edit: Hmm..looks like the posts (as well as the thread) I was responding to got deleted. Oh, well.

And, despite your comment on people using the appropriate thread, you failed to realise they DID post in the appropriate thread, where the feedback was asked to be placed, in the topic under discussion, or am I misreading the title “Game Updates: Wardrobe, Transmutation, Outfits

Posted by: Cykes.5491

Cykes.5491

my main issue with the transmutation system is that the charges are consumables, if, for instance, you buy a stack of 25 charges, you have to consume each charge individually, wouldn’t it be better if they were dumped into the account wallet right away?

and second, if you buy an armor skin, and consume it, you still get the 6 individual pieces that make up the set, AND unlock every skin at the same time, so you then have to delete the skins themselves since they’re now useless, which requires you to type the entire name and confirm destruction (it gets old quickly after typing Flamekissed <insert piece here> Skin 6 times and then realizing you have another set ready to go)

other than that, I wish the old town outfits were back as individual pieces, I loved my pirate’s outfit with the reading glasses (the pirate’kitten not so much)

Edit: a suggestion, once you unlock the gem store armor skins, why not make the individual armor pieces a sort of “skin and charge” in one? you could use the physical pieces to transmute an item into that skin free of cost (one time only)

Edit Edit: darnit, just figured out that was possible…, I should right-click more often…

(edited by Cykes.5491)

Posted by: Flame.6582

Flame.6582

I am frustrated, I bought one of each type of new town clothes. And now those clothes have been taken, and i get endless tonics, that dont even help me fight in costume brawls, can’t be dyed, don’t count towards any skins and cannot be mixed or matched. This is not just about what I want. I bought a service, that service was taken, without my permission, and I get something I dont want in the slightest. I very much love guildwars (both), but everyone I know is now putting a boycott on the gem store until this matter is fixed. It wouldn’t have been so bad, but I spent a lot of money on those outfits (birthday and Christmas) Please refund the gems or something similar to that. I really enjoy the other new content, and thank-you. Please have a nice day.

(edited by Flame.6582)

Posted by: Tashiro Kurosawa.7481

Tashiro Kurosawa.7481

Added to my list of disappointments: the costumes are now fixed and ‘one set’, and cannot be died piece by piece. Instead, the entire costume has four dye slots, which change the look from head to toe. :\ It does make dying relatively quick, but I’m not sure I’d consider that an improvement.

Don’t get me wrong – I’m happy with the other changes made – my characters look pretty awesome now, since I’ve been able to tweak their armour using all the skins I’ve unlocked and the dyes. It’s costumes and town clothing which is disappointing.

(edited by Tashiro Kurosawa.7481)

Posted by: Yvenne.7081

Yvenne.7081

Has there seriously been no feedback about Anet’s stance on this? This thread is still on-going, with the same gripes about the costuming and townclothes system.

Anet, please get it together and at least show you’re paying attention!

Posted by: Nadesh.7953

Nadesh.7953

Hello, i didnt read the thread but i have a suggestion: most classes give 1 of 3 special items when you create them (for example, guardian gives 2 kinds of shoulders and a helm). My idea is that when the player create a character it could unlock the 3 skins instead of one, but only give the selected item.

Atm i am creating and deleting each char to unlock all the skins but would be better if all are unlocked at once.

Posted by: RodrigoEu.6701

RodrigoEu.6701

Please bring back the option to personalize town clothes on each character and the option to swicht betwen armor and clothes with a key (keybinding).
It was easier to press a key to switch and now i have another inventory slot ocupied.
Plus i miss my colors for the town clothes.

Please…

-Rodrigo

Posted by: ancalagon.8903

ancalagon.8903

Sorry if this has already been touched on, but 16 pages is a lot to go through.

Now that you can use town clothes as your armor is there any thought as to putting the items that are no longer for sale back in the store? I would love to get the aviator glasses to use as my helmet and would have bought them in the past had I known you would be able to do so. I don’t really see a problem doing this as it would make you money

Posted by: BlackSpathi.1062

BlackSpathi.1062

I like that I can now use my witch outfit on multiple characters and that I can now use it in combat but not being able to dye each part individually pretty much counters that because I cannot make it look the way I want to. If I change the color of my eyes (sylvari male), part of the clothes change to the same color which then looks quite ugly.

Why maintain a separate system for the old town clothes? I can use an outfit in combat now anyway. Why not simply make all town cloth skins available as armor skins and do away with outfits and tonics?

Item transmutation also has gotten a lot more expensive on < lvl 80 characters. Why not earn 3 charges on map completion and use 3 charges on transmuting lvl 80 items and 1 charge on < lvl 80 items? This would give the same costs as before the patch while using the new system.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I will reiterate that I still don’t understand why they couldn’t just make all the old townclothes armor skins for individual pieces. That was obviously the only reasonable solution. I’m not at all satisfied by their answer – even if for some reason it wasn’t technically simple, I simply do not buy that it was in any way impossible and they should have just bitten the bullet and done whatever it took.

Posted by: ancalagon.8903

ancalagon.8903

I like that I can now use my witch outfit on multiple characters and that I can now use it in combat but not being able to dye each part individually pretty much counters that because I cannot make it look the way I want to. If I change the color of my eyes (sylvari male), part of the clothes change to the same color which then looks quite ugly.

I can agree with this. I have my witch’s outfit black with orange stripes, but unfortunately the color channel on the hat makes most of the hat orange instead of black. If I want the hat black the rest of the outfit is mostly orange.

Also, not having my broom on a hotkey anymore kinda stinks.

Posted by: starhunter.6015

starhunter.6015

For the most part am loving the update. The added space to bank and inventory due to being able to clear out skins and stones. The dye system is a godsend.
But for the sake of the Gods , Anet :
Why did you nerf the towns clothes ? I liked being able to swap around and dye them. Was great for when Rping or just relaxing with guildies in a city . I personally don’t like having all my town clothes the same color.
Why was the Personality trait removed from the Hero panel ? Again many people liked it for RP reasons an character development. I enjoyed having all my characters with different personalities .

Posted by: Keefe.3821

Keefe.3821

Can someone explain to me where the weapons skins are? When I click on a weapon, the skins don’t show like they would for armor.

Posted by: Willowfalls.9814

Willowfalls.9814

Has there seriously been no feedback about Anet’s stance on this? This thread is still on-going, with the same gripes about the costuming and townclothes system.

Anet, please get it together and at least show you’re paying attention!

^^ This.

I can’t believe they have the gall to disappoint so many people over something that wasn’t broken (town clothes), and then just ignore their customers.

Posted by: Hystery.8415

Hystery.8415

I remember another MMO where people were organizing Costume Contests with prizes at the end for the most beautiful costumes in different categories. It was fun, made by the community, and thanks to a large possibility of customization.

Something we lost with this system, for all the reasons quoted in the 15 other pages of this thread.

And Anet is still ignoring, or refuse to reply because they have their feelings hurt. It’s time to move on Anet, being kitten for too long is never good, do something.

Piken Square RPer ~ Growl Bladeskin (Charr, Zerk Warrior 80) |
Aelius Brightmane (Charr, Zerk Grenade Engineer, 80) |
Tilaw Stainsoul (Charr, Zerk Staff Elementalist, 80) | Evi Shadowstep (Charr, Zerk Ranger 80) |

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I remember another MMO where people were organizing Costume Contests with prizes at the end for the most beautiful costumes in different categories. It was fun, made by the community, and thanks to a large possibility of customization.

Something we lost with this system, for all the reasons quoted in the 15 other pages of this thread.

And Anet is still ignoring, or refuse to reply because they have their feelings hurt. It’s time to move on Anet, being kitten for too long is never good, do something.

I won my Dragon Logo Shirt in such a contest. It was mostly a European item I gather, and I felt great wearing it here in the NA. It was my version of “Legendary Armor”. People asked me where I got it all the time. I never saw another person with one on my server.

Now it’s toast. A lousy tonic paired with Khaki shorts (bearable) and bright red boots that make me feel like “Ted” on How I Met Your Mother. It went from being an item I loved to show off, to something I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing.

I feel like someone stripped me of my Legen… (wait for it)… dary!

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Khorrax.2108

Khorrax.2108

So…when can we expect a reply from ArenaNet? Whether you are working on a solution or you don’t even plan to do that, keeping absolute silence on the matter more than a week after the update is unacceptable .

Posted by: KorbanDallas.7389

KorbanDallas.7389

A noble attempt, but I have some issues with how the implementation went about.

1) Why do I have to re-craft everything i’ve ever crafter to unlock it? If it’s been “discovered” in my crafting list (outside of Ascended gear), shouldn’t that design just be automatically unlocked? It’s a waste or crafting materials to go back and unlock a skin that a may or may not want to use, and even more so when you factor in the “soulbind on craft” items.

2) Why does every item require 1 charge? I went from having 60 possibly changes to armor on my <80 characters and some for the >80s to having 30 or less across the entire account. This wouldn’t be as bad if it only cost 1 charge for any change SESSION (as opposed to individual pieces all costing 1 each), but it still seems like a massive blow towards “spend money to buy more of these!” that doesn’t need to exist.

3) I don’t use town clothes, but from the few pages I read, I can totally understand why that would be a major negative for the people that do, and I don’t really get why they would change that in the first place.

4) Story driven rewards – theres at least one set of armor that seems to only be gotten through completing story paths (or rarely elsewhere). Considering how all of my character slots are full (mostly with 80’s), is it really expected that I buy a new slot just to unlock those skins? It seems kind of… shortsighted?

The thought was great, and I loved the idea they were pitching, but it all started going downhill after I re-read and realized that I only got 1/3 of the charges I originally had. It’s been a while since I logged on in the first place – what with the focus on big groups over small parties and (what I consider) fun, and this ended up just leaving another unpleasant money-grab taste in my mouth.

}——————————-{
http://avsla-gw2.blogspot.com/

Posted by: Ryu.1368

Ryu.1368

A noble attempt, but I have some issues with […]

Yeah, it seems overall the patch was successful, but somethings badly implemented (thus the community dev initiatives ( for whatever reason didn’t take place for these things)).

Megaservers is still being honed and will be more exciting as we go.

Town clothes while really needing to be removed for the outfit system, retiring the articles of clothes was NOT needed, and proof of laziness. Town clothing should have ideally been part of that system in a per-piece-basis, because otherwise, they’re for whatever reason proud of an implementation of a not-new system, presented in a way that’s inferior to other MMOs (some free to play) who’ve done this outfit system for a few years or so now. The models wouldn’t be in the wardrobe armor wheight indexes (if not done wrong), as the one-piece “outfits” shouldn’t be (if done right). they’re a visual toggle based on a boolean (yes, the protocol would be more complicated then that I’m sure, but doable, while being able to remove the older clothing system). One wouldn’t necessarily need to know their code personally to know they could have done it better, in order to—at the very least—implement this un-original idea in par with other games rather then cheesier/inferior.

Town clothing being ‘cloth’ instead of medium or heavy isn’t a reason. The existing ones look like different types of ‘mages’ clothes yet deemed “acceptable” with the only difference is they’re all one-piece.

As for the modeling. The outfits in their entirety are different articles of clothing (or at least the equiv work-energy wise) until used in game , shipped as one piece.

As for transmutation, I see 2 things wrong. shock of difference to how it functioned before, and expense to players who play lowbie characters. It’s to expensive under a level threshold making it seem almost like a money scam rather then a fun cosmetic feature. No, they should make money, as they need to float the servers. The former problem will correct itself. As for the latter, it’s up to ArenaNet. If they have some dynamics in the pipeline, or something else we don’t know of, then we’ll wait and see.

The patch is a nice start. I hope they aren’t going to stop there. In my view, the outfit system is a nice sentiment, but a bust if they think they can add that system in a way—as I’ve said before—inferior to other games doing the same thing. Let’s hope ANet isn’t disconnected from the industry too. You think that if they stubbornly keep it this way, and this blows over, the extra effort will need to be taken anyway when new players just learning of the game, say “Huh. this is so cool! but… Entire outfits? It’d be cool if it were separate pieces” then file the feature request (it’s inevitable). Will ANet be stubborn on the subject again? is it simpl;y incomplete? Because the whole “collect all 8” jive makes it look for keeps as is, with exception of new models (skins) later.

As we go, I’m sure Megaservers and transmutation can be honed so that new players aren’t turned away. Outfits will catch on eventually, but they’ll need to start with the elbow grease on that front eventually. Until then, outfits’re lame in comparison to the competitors, and essentially a good idea badly presented… … All this could have been said before they coded so far into it, so they could have had it in consideration had they spoke up sooner.

Good patch, let’s see where it leads?

Attachments:

Posted by: Feycat.4370

Feycat.4370

CC 1mil inf grand prize under Atlas in 5 min!

Game enjoyment increases as time spent on the forums decreases.

Posted by: Muselord.1078

Muselord.1078

A bit late to the update, but I am quite disappointed with how town clothes were dealt with in this patch. (Overall, I do love the new wardrobe system though—just not when it comes to town clothes.)

I don’t understand why we can’t mix match town clothes with other town clothes under the outfit tab. I feel like this is really screwing over people who spent gems on town clothes specifically to mix and match. I really miss being able to mix match “outfits” with different hats (specifically earmuffs or quaggan hats with the winter’s day outfit). I specifically bought the winters day outfit to mix match with earmuffs. Couldn’t the outfit tab also have individual slots for mix matching town clothes? (It’s nice to have outfits as something that doesn’t cost a transmutation charge.) Or convert/adjust the old town clothes into new skins that fit with any other armor. I feel like clipping isn’t a good excuse because there are already clothes that clip with either each other or with the character in some way.

Also, I feel like the default town clothes should have been turned into an outfit. As a tonic, they practically act like an outfit anyway, except you can’t use all your skills. :/ It would have been a good way to introduce new players to the idea of an outfit without having the purchase one. Plus, then you would have been able to dye it.

Posted by: Deinos Elessar.6789

Deinos Elessar.6789

The new wardrobe system is awesome!
The new transmutation cost is cheaper than before and it is not a destrucive process!
10+

Just one thing that should be fixed: the town clothes.
Outfit slot are ok but… the mix match town clothes are no more possible for a reason?
Personally I did not care much of town clothes, but is just a litmitation to something that was already fine as it was.
Take somenthing away that was not broken is just…strange!

Pros (however) >>>> Cons

Server: Piken Square
Guild: Cavalieri Del Destino [CDD]
Guild Site: http://www.cavalierideldestino.com/

Posted by: Lucifers Heaven.2167

Lucifers Heaven.2167

The new wardrobe is awesome, thank you very much

The only real suggestion I’d make at the moment is to make it so that when you open the Hero window and are on the Equipment tab (where you then choose Equipment, Wardrobe, Dyes) that it shows your stats on the right hand side by default. Then just have them disappear if you open the Wardrobe or Dyes section. There is no reason to have it blank by default and it makes checking on stats extra simple (would come in quite handy when you are trying out trait builds).

Thanks again for adding the much wanted system that is the Wardrobe (the bank wardrobe was an extra nice touch).

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Using transmutation stones on sub-80 characters was always kind of a waste since you level so fast, but there was literally nothing else that could be done with them so why not.

At least map completion rewards something level 80s can use now.

4) Story driven rewards – theres at least one set of armor that seems to only be gotten through completing story paths (or rarely elsewhere). Considering how all of my character slots are full (mostly with 80’s), is it really expected that I buy a new slot just to unlock those skins? It seems kind of… shortsighted?

I believe the only exclusive skins you get from the personal story are the Apostle and Stalwart chests, and the chest/shoulders/legs of Marauder, all of which were otherwise only available in PVP. and aren’t available at all right now. They’ll probably throw those sets (plus that witch doctor one that isn’t in PVE at all) into a PVP reward track at some point. I really hope they do because I still need the Apostle legs and Stalwart shoulders.

(edited by Hyper Cutter.9376)

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Using transmutation stones on sub-80 characters was always kind of a waste since you level so fast, but there was literally nothing else that could be done with them so why not.

They should just make transmutes free on gear lower than level 80. If they’re worried about exclusivity, just prohibit certain skins (e.g. legendary) on level 79-or-lower gear.

It’s win-win IMHO. People complaining about the non-viability of transmuting lower level gear stop complaining. New players get hooked on transmuting as they’re leveling up, and when they hit 80 they’ll buy crystals to continue transmuting.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The new transmutation cost is cheaper than before and it is not a destrucive process!
10+

Um… Transmutation Charges cost exactly the same as Crystals did before…

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Deinos Elessar.6789

Deinos Elessar.6789

10+

Transmutation Crystals (before):
- 200 Gems for 5;
- 360 Gems for 10;
- 800 Gems for 25
Transmutation Charges (now):
- 150 Gems for 5;
- 270 Gems for 10;
- 600 Gems for 25

Also you can obtain Charges from everywhere now, while Crystals were a pain to obtain. Also we got a puropose to all of that useless Transmutation Stones.

Those are facts.

Server: Piken Square
Guild: Cavalieri Del Destino [CDD]
Guild Site: http://www.cavalierideldestino.com/

Posted by: QuintWinters.6985

QuintWinters.6985

Anet why in the world would you take away the ability to dye retired town clothes? I and many others spent actual cash on this stuff and you go and make it ugly by not allowing us to dye it how we like it. Then on top of that you go and make it so it can only be worn for 15 minutes at a time and takes up multiple inventory slots in the form of various tonics. You had a good system going and I see no logical reason for breaking it and ruining things customers have already paid for. I guess I should say thanks for making my decision to never spend another dime on any of your products again an easy one.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

10+

- 200 Gems for 5;
- 360 Gems for 10;
- 800 Gems for 25
- 150 Gems for 5;
- 270 Gems for 10;
- 600 Gems for 25

Also you can obtain Charges from everywhere now, while Crystals were a pain to obtain. Also we got a puropose to all of that useless Transmutation Stones.

Those are facts.

Ah, okay, must have remembered the old prices wrong. Haven’t noticed they are different now.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: zachooz.2614

zachooz.2614

Sadly the black lion trader did not return my winters day clothes outfit. Sigh……

Posted by: Porterhouse.6304

Porterhouse.6304

There is a lot of PR speak in there, but is this the reason you are linking?

We were never completely happy with the way it was isolated from the rest of the game and still felt largely the same. There was no way to add combat gear fairly without creating 3 versions on the back end (light, medium, and heavy).

Then create 3 versions on the back end. This doesn’t sound like a technical reason; this sounds like them roleplaying armor roles for different classes. New armors are created all the time for the online store, adjusting a mesh that already exists should be a piece of cake.
And that’s only assuming that they were going to apply the old single-piece town clothes to the current wardrobe. Which brings me back to the question that’s always on my mind….

Why was the old town clothes system removed? Town clothes were on their own separate equipment screen. You could toggle it on and off. But it didn’t work in combat. Nifty, but it could be better if only…

…but wait, now they are potions that don’t work in combat. What was the advantage of switching to this?

What was the reason for removing the separate equipment screen for town clothes? Because town clothes are a 4th weight class of armor? Clothing breaks the class roles? They were never completely happy with the way it was isolated from the rest of the game? It’s akin to building an alt character because town-clothes and armor were so separated?
None of that makes any sense.

The old system would still work perfectly fine in the current system. A separate equipment screen for town clothes, just like before April 15th. There’s already a separate equipment screen for Equipment, Wardrobe, & Dyes with plenty of vertical room for Town Clothes as well.

The old system worked fine all the way up until now and wouldn’t mix with the current wardrobe, why is it really gone?

Posted by: Risa Aerulight.3914

Risa Aerulight.3914

Thank you Porterhouse.
I guess I myself haven’t come out and said it so straightly either: I don’t understand your reasoning Anet. Please, explain better, clarify better. Because no matter how many times I read your explanations, I just don’t understand. Even worse, I keep hearing contradictions.
Explaining your reasons in full detail would go a long way to helping us all understand. Any proper meeting held in a business or creative setting will keep minutes, just use those to recap why and how these changes came about. We know you are busy working overtime right now because of the support tickets, so we can wait for the full explanation if you just say you will have one ready when you are done collecting feedback.
It would also be good to get even just a ‘Still processing all feedback’ comment from someone over there, so we know we are still being heard. That took me less than 30 seconds to type, so please have someone take those few seconds to say it to us once and a while, it would be immensely appreciated.
Thanks!

Posted by: KorbanDallas.7389

KorbanDallas.7389

10+

- 200 Gems for 5;
- 360 Gems for 10;
- 800 Gems for 25
- 150 Gems for 5;
- 270 Gems for 10;
- 600 Gems for 25

Those are facts.

Don’t forget that there were separate transmutation devices for > and < 79 for items. I’m sure that the charges might be cheaper to buy the top line 80 crystals used to be, but compared to the lower-level stones (that got ate at a 3-for-1 rate) were probably cheaper, meaning you pay more to transmute your lower gear and less to changed the top gear. Just a thought anyways.

}——————————-{
http://avsla-gw2.blogspot.com/

Posted by: Rigultru.3597

Rigultru.3597

I think it is a great idea. We as players love being able to customize our avatars and any tool given to help us with that is awesome.

BUT

Clearly, you are nickel and diming us. First of all, the currency used to use this feature requires yet another transmutation type of stone.

So, it is stupid is what I am saying. All those useless transmutation stones I have.

Here is an idea. Allow us to combine transmutation stones, say 3 stones make 1 crystal, or 5 stones make 1 charge so that they are not just being wasted inventory space.

(edited by Rigultru.3597)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Three stones do make one crystal. Just double click your stacks, they’ll become the new charges. Charges don’t use inventory space.

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

I think it is a great idea. We as players love being able to customize our avatars and any tool given to help us with that is awesome.

BUT

Clearly, you are nickel and diming us. First of all, the currency used to use this feature requires yet another transmutation type of stone.

So, it is stupid is what I am saying. All those useless transmutation stones I have.

Here is an idea. Allow us to combine transmutation stones, say 3 stones make 1 crystal, or 5 stones make 1 charge so that they are not just being wasted inventory space.

I think you are missing the fact that you can double click your old stones and convert them to the new system….

3 to 1 for stones, 1 to 1 for crystals…

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I wish the system would work the same way as previous one and transmuting pre-level 80 characters would be cheaper. Nowadays, I would love to transmute my alts but it just feels like such a waste. Back with the old system the <79 stones were so abundant you had no troubles making alts look fabulous.

Maybe half a charge to transmute a pre-80 character?

Posted by: Rigultru.3597

Rigultru.3597

BUT

I think you are missing the fact that you can double click your old stones and convert them to the new system….

3 to 1 for stones, 1 to 1 for crystals…

Touche! Haha!

Posted by: Frithjofr.2631

Frithjofr.2631

Imagine this, ANet, imagine this scene if you will. You go to ElectronicsLand and look at a nice TV. This is a great TV, in that it’s modular. You can change the colors of the frame around the screen, you can change out the speakers, or the screen itself to give a sharper picture. You can stretch it out for parties, or make it smaller for quiet nights at home. Wonderful TV. You inquire about buying this TV, and they say they only accept ElectronicsLandBucks for that particular TV.

So you go to a register and convert your cash into ElectronicsLandBucks or whatever. You then use your ElectronicsLandBucks to purchase the TV. It looks wonderful in your new home! You’ve changed everything just perfectly so it matches the house and your preferred viewing experience. Company over? Fear not, in just a moment or two the TV is completely different and providing different atmosphere! Congratulations!

Then, a few months later, a guy from ElectronicsLand comes into your home for an unrequested “tune up” and tells you. “Well, we’re going to fix the size, so it can only be one size ever again.” and despite your pleading, they do just that. “Unfortunately,” they begin, “We only have one set of speakers for this size.” so they instal those, without asking if it’s okay. “And then we only have one color frame to fit over those speakers. I hope you like baby puke green.” and as you beg them to stop, they fit an awful color frame around the “new and improved” TV. Before leaving, the guy from ElectronicsLand scratches at his head and mentions, “Oh, by the way, you have to reassemble this every 15 minutes. It’s liable to fall apart otherwise.”

So you find this unacceptable, naturally, and bring the TV back to ElectronicsLand. You explain the situation and the rather helpful (and quite cute, I might add) young woman at the desk tells you it’s a familiar problem, but that because you used ElectronicsLandBucks to buy the TV, she can only give your money back in the form of ElectronicsLandBucks, thus forcing you to buy more stuff from ElectronicsLand, even though ElectronicsLand totally just screwed you over. So you keep the TV as a point of pride, hoping that one day ElectronicsLand might come back to fix it, but slowly, after hearing nothing, reading comments from many many consumers who went through the same thing online, you decide to just take the ElectronicsLandBucks and be done with it. Maybe that new washer/dryer combo would be cool, but how can you be sure ElectronicsLand won’t swing by in a couple months and turn it into a large electric teakettle?

Do you see what I’m getting at? That’s what you did to town clothes. You took away the customization that was the reason we all bought them, then said “Well it still works. Kinda.” by giving us those token elixers or whatever. Yes, it still works, not in the way any of us want them to. Then you can’t give our money back. I understand. I bought it with ElectronicsLandBucks gems. So I get gems back. But what do I spend them on? I have zero faith. What changes next? Permanent tools become “Really, very long term use tools.” and have a set of 10,000 charges?

Posted by: Hystery.8415

Hystery.8415

<snip>

I love you. Marry me.

Piken Square RPer ~ Growl Bladeskin (Charr, Zerk Warrior 80) |
Aelius Brightmane (Charr, Zerk Grenade Engineer, 80) |
Tilaw Stainsoul (Charr, Zerk Staff Elementalist, 80) | Evi Shadowstep (Charr, Zerk Ranger 80) |

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I’m almost to the point where I’m getting ready to check out ApplianceZone. They have a nice TV for only… how many ApplianceZoneCredits?

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

I wish the system would work the same way as previous one and transmuting pre-level 80 characters would be cheaper. Nowadays, I would love to transmute my alts but it just feels like such a waste. Back with the old system the <79 stones were so abundant you had no troubles making alts look fabulous.

Maybe half a charge to transmute a pre-80 character?

Whats the point? 7 days below lvl 80, 1 year+ at lvl 80.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

pls bring back all wardrobe items in the gemstore and all Living story season 1 which were released including the Mad memories and Mad memories complete edition since the wardrobe now gives us a lot more space.

Posted by: Elitowaan.5037

Elitowaan.5037

Elitowaan

Apr 18 10:36

This is regarding the Dragon Emblem T-shirt item, and the Celebration hat. Both of which were town clothes items before the April Feature Pack.

I always loved wearing my Dragon Emblem T-shirt with my Celebration hat. They look great together! And, I know others who feel the same way.

I received mine as a promotional item for attending one of the GW2 launch events.

Please consider merging the Celebration hat into the Dragon Emblem Tonic. Please by all means ALSO consider leaving the celebration hat as a separate wearable head armor skin for all those players that only own that item or enjoy wearing it alone.

Thank you for an incredible April update, and Long Live Guild Wars!

Posted by: Yue.5974

Yue.5974

I love the wardrobe and the outfits but there’s a few things I would like to see changed.

- town clothes as an outfit
- different ways to sort the skins in your bank. I personally hate that the gem store and cultural armors are mixed between the other sets. I’d like those to be grouped under the regular sets. So that when I look through them I know what each is. and I don’t go, oh nothing happens? ooooh it’s cultural :/
- a way to sort per armor set for an easy overview of which sets I completed.

Thanks Anet, keep being awesome

Character Name: Yue, Rynorr Soulshielder, Rose Yuenü and 28 others xD
Guild: The Eternal Blades Of The North[EBoN]
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks