Game Updates: World Boss Synchronization

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

While I understand the reasoning behind having so long(it gives guilds chance to fill in the gaps) I do feel the gap is too long.

Lets say you DC or crash during teq at 12:30 GMT, instead of needing to wait 2h to try again you now need to wait kitten that point you’ll just give up and do something else, blaming anet and building up resentment. The 2h spawn timer was fine. it still gives guilds 12 chances a day to spawn an event.

Given that the cost 20merits and 10K influence of the event consumable, guilds are unlikely to use it more than once a week.

Time to rethink I think

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

this info when bosses spawn and where have to be ingame and not on a website

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

After two years of GW2 (if you count beta) you, Arenanet, still only experiment with the wildest ideas you have. Your feature pack is great, I enjoy them, but you didn’t thought through the decision about changing the bosses.

If only you allowed guild leaders to create their own zone instances for bosses, everything would be just fine.

Posted by: solarisnox.8521

solarisnox.8521

possible solutions:

1) make world events have overlap, i.e. multiple events spawning at the same time, so that people who cannot get to one, can get to another, etc. There should be more than enough server population to allow for multiple events attendance, and/or guilds can coordinate to specific events on scheduled days/times, just as they do now.

2) get rid of “ferocity”, restore crit damage to what it was. Instead, make HEALING critable, so that if I can get hit for 15k damage, i can crit-heal for 10k, or whatever, sufficient to prevent my ele getting downed in one shot, and making for a much better group heal, as well as more exciting game play. It’s much more fun to fight an opponent who I am not absolutely guaranteed I’m going to smear all over the dirt in 3 seconds.

3) make trait acquisition more diverse, and provide multiple options for acquiring trait points than just “kill this boss” or “buy it with gold”. You guys have created an amazing and diverse world that is beautiful and fun to explore. Making trait acquisition simply about killing this or that boss or buying with gold is, kinda boring. Also, make some kind of substitute acquisition for those who prefer to wvw or spvp. There are many many players who ONLY enjoy those aspects of the game. Show them some respect. They are a part of the GW2 family, as well as the PvEer’s.

I want to say this was a good effort. I think it was a good plan in theory. I think something was lost in the execution, but I think it can be amended.

4) Restore world boss and event loot drop quality. I’m reading that bosses are now dropping whites instead of greens and blues…? As I said many many many months ago, I struggle and work my butt off to make money in the real world. I don’t want to be struggling and poor in my fantasy life, too. Too many gold sinks, and not enough gold to go around, makes everyone miserable, except the 1% who actually have massive stockpiles of gold, so much so that they can pay 200g just to list a legendary at 2000g. This is not a broken economy because you are giving too much gold to those who are working their butts off at world events and dungeons.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Wow. Guess Ill never be doing Tequatl ever again. Not sure if I am able to play during those times.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

It’s 5:30 PST (PDT, or whatever…it’s 5:30 when it’s 5:30 :p).

Shouldn’t Claw be up?

Nothing is here.

This is confusing.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Why are things on a schedule anyways? This encourages trains.

Why not take the advice that many many people put forth: Randomize the timers. If you see a pre-event up, Im sure someone will get the word out to those in cities or guildees or whatever. Im sure a decent portion of the zone that youre in will come running.

Seriously, scheduling “fun” is stupid. Its like in TERA, how they had scheduled nexus runs…It didnt feel immersive, open-world, or fun. Schedule your self around these runs, form the train, map out the most efficient route and keep at it the same way you have been for the last year.

Stupid move. Just randomize them already. World bosses are meant to be “Oh wow look behemoth is up! lets go get him!” not a “Well, I need more chances at more rares and precursors, gotta get my 2 hour trains in for the day”.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

maybe i’m totally missing something, but i thought the world boss schedule was one of the few good things about the patch.. being that everything else was a nerf, poor balancing, or redundant interface changes that should have been implemented a year ago.. i like that i can ask another player on this game “hey, you wunna do that event at whatever time.” i always see reactions on this forum like " ay net you ran that event for 19 days straight >:\ why didn’t you run it for 20! i mrissed, mroawr." but seriously, maybe i missed something.. i hope they can keep the new format, but tweak the schedule.

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Can we sticky these feedback threads for now? There are a lot of them after this patch and people are putting their feedback into the one they see rather than into more appropriate ones that just happen to have fallen onto page two.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

• The following extra-hard world bosses will occur at specific times, interrupting the standard rotation:
• Karka Queen (Southsun Cove)
• 12:30 GMT
• 18:00 GMT
• 04:00 GMT
• Tequatl the Sunless (Sparkfly Fen)
• 13:30 GMT
• 19:00 GMT
• 05:00 GMT
• Triple Trouble (Bloodtide Coast)
• 14:30 GMT
• 20:00 GMT
• 06:00 GMT

Is this Accurate EU calculation? I +9 hours on all the numbers, cause that corresponds with the server time, +1 GMT timezone difference.

PS i strongly disagree with them. Waiting + requirements to have fun in the game (for instance doing these bosses), are what kills the fun in the game. Now we gotta wait and even ultra rush the pre-event to get in time and THEN hope the preparation was good enough, what….

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

My biggest problem with the world bosses currently is the amount of dragonite that is obtained. Due to the previous schedule, it was easy for me to get 40-60 ore give or take a night (I really only have an hour a night to play because of my schedule) because of every server being different, some bosses overlapping, etc. Now it’s much harder.

I’m thinking there should either be an increase in the amount given or do away with the whole “dragonite from world boss chests, crystals from dungeons, and dust from champion bags” thing and replace it with all with tokens that are stored in the currency tab that can be traded at an npc for any basic ascended material you want at a 1/1 ratio (actually this way might be better as it would allow people with a surplus of one material to do any dungeon, champion, or world boss and get other ascended materials).

Posted by: Link.6157

Link.6157

I never thought times bosses would be this patch already.
But first of all, they wanted to get rid external sites, but where is the in-game timer that tells what bosses are up and will be up? (timed ones) We always have to check on the forum for the times? Also, i have no interest in PST/PDT hours, why make this so hard?

And i know i’m talking for 100-200 people (FSP server) about tequatl: please make it spawn every 2 hours again, or at 20.00 and 22.00. We done (or tried) it almost daily since it came out. Please, don’t take this guild and content from us. We also did karka after tequatl, please hear our cries. We can’t activate tequatl because we have no merrits.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

So…

Has anyone succeeded to play the Svanir Shaman Chief yet?

Technically, you have to ask dozens of players to not attack a totem for 4:30 minutes? When that totem can be destroyed in… a dozen or so hits.

This is just not working!

Fix it!

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I think the most stupid thing about the new spawn timing is that PRE-EVENTS that ran signaling the start of bosses to come still run at their prescribed times only to not have the boss spawn because they either forgot to put these pre-events on the same newly designed timers or did this only to purposely further alienate people from doing them. Totally befuddles me.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: adubb.2453

adubb.2453

I don’t mind the new timers for the regular bosses. But the new timers for Karka, Triple Trouble and Teq are absurd. The times as they are now are absolutely punishing. If you fail even once (which is likely if you’re not in a group that does them all the time) you can’t try until the next day, in most cases. Because while they do run 3 times a day, I would venture to say a large portion of your fan base have jobs/school/whatever. If you want them done less often, for whatever reason, just have them happen once every 3 hours on permanent rotation.

Wurm: Midnight, 3am, 6am, 9am, Noon, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm… repeat.
Teq: 1am, 4am, 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm… repeat.
Karka: 2am, 5am, 8am, 11am, 2pm, 6pm, 8pm, 11pm repeat.

It’s not as often, and for most people who work 8 hour days or go to school, they’d still only get 2 MAYBE 3 shots a day if they wanna stay up crazy late. And even with this, they’re still limited to the reward they receive per day.

Please rework these timers.

(edited by adubb.2453)

Posted by: Zohane.7208

Zohane.7208

It really doesn’t make sense to only spawn one world event at a time. There can’t be any harm in letting multiple events start simultaneously. There’s only a couple of World events that share a map, and if Fire Elemental is up in Metrica, that really can’t have an impact on Tequatl or Volcano.

So, the obvious solution would be to let the low level events run as they do today, but let the higher ones spawn on same interval as low ones (or thereabout), and the “elite” ones run every 2-3 hours, like before.

I don’t really see any drawback to that.

Gunnar’s Hold
Guild Leader for Tyria Liberation Council [TLC]

Posted by: adubb.2453

adubb.2453

Honest question that I’d love to have answered by a dev involved in the decision making or is privy to the answer:

What is the reasoning behind limiting Teq/Wurm/Karka to only once during “primetime”?

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

I’m not sure there’s too much more I can add. I honestly do not like the schedules at all, and I said as much prior to this patch. That has not changed. The only real note is Karka Queen’s schedule is problematic if someone wants to fight it for the trait unlock. I suppose I’m repeating myself at this point though.

As for SB when it’s working, I do not like the changes to the fight. It does have a new attack, but it’s really hard to see where it’ll hit. If it has a telegraph, I’ve never seen it. Since it happens while the portals are up, I don’t have the camera pointed downwards then. The portal phase is repetitive. It’s a fight that will get old fast as a result.

As for bugged SB, I’m rather baffled how that kind of bug keeps happening. Didn’t tri-wurm have that exact same issue? Something from the last fight gumming up the next fight. Weren’t there other events that did that? I remember mentions, but I don’t remember specifics. It seems like something worth heavily testing for new or updated bosses.

(edited by Fenrina.2954)

Posted by: Lexan.5930

Lexan.5930

The system is a really cool idea, and i like that Anet is trying to make it more regular for events to spawn and even get players to participate in making them happen. I do not like the limited schedual for the mega events, especially the karka queen, only because it’s linked to the new GM traits

I work second shift on the east coast and i’m only going to be able to participate in the mega events on the weekends, unless i get into a guild thats making the one time use consuables. I wish Anet would add more time slots for mega events

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

World Boss Synchronization
Many world bosses are now synchronized to activate at the same time across all worlds and instances of the map they occur in.
The following low-level-zone world bosses will activate at 15 minutes and 45 minutes past the hour in this rotation:
Great Jungle Wurm (Caledon Forest)
Shadow Behemoth (Queensdale)
Svanir Shaman Chief (Wayfarer Foothills)
Fire Elemental (Metrica Province)

No, just no. If you want to institute a “strict” schedule for the bosses, then you need multiple bosses going off at the same time. Alternatively, because there are 4 low level bosses, chain them every 15 minutes. Every 15 minutes an additional boss would start it’s pre events. Every day at midnight, the order would be shuffled to a new random order. (ABCD day 1, CADB day 2, etc). And please, for the love of god, tone down their difficulty.

The following standard world bosses will activate on the hour and 30 minutes past the hour in this rotation:
The Shatterer (Blazeridge Steppes) A C F
Modniir Ulgoth (Harathi Hinterlands) A D F
Golem Mark II (Mount Maelstrom) A D G
Claw of Jormag (Frostgorge Sound) B D G
Admiral Taidha Covington (Bloodtide Coast) B E G
Megadestroyer (Mount Maelstrom) B E H
Fire Shaman (Iron Marches) C E H
TBD / Space Reserved for Future Event C F H

No again. 4 hours to fight all of these bosses is just unreasonable. If they’re going to activate every 30 minutes, then it needs to be 2-3 bosses activating at once to provide a quicker cycle (lettering shown in quote). Same with low level bosses, the ordering will randomize every day at midnight.

The following extra-hard world bosses will occur at specific times, interrupting the standard rotation:
Karka Queen (Southsun Cove)
03:30 PDT
09:00 PDT
19:00 PDT
Tequatl the Sunless (Sparkfly Fen)
04:30 PDT
10:00 PDT
20:00 PDT
Triple Trouble (Bloodtide Coast)
05:30 PDT
11:00 PDT
21:00 PDT

These bosses really should be occurring more often. Fact is, even with these changed times, you do nothing but cripple large guilds (I’m not going to get started on the pile of doylak feces you call a guild consumable), and tell players with limited game time “go the hell away, if you cant play at these hours, you cant play the content you enjoy the most.” The best way to increase the time between spawns, and make these spawns available to all players, is to compromise. No more of this 8 hour between spawn crap, if the spawns were to occur every 5 hours, they repeat in such a fashion that the spawns will occur later every day by 1 hour, and this cycle will repeat every 5 days. This means that players who can only fight teq at 22:00 server time will be able to fight him at least once a week on the standard, public spawn, (this rotation means some times repeat twice a week), instead of being told to twist their lives around just to catch a boss fight that used to be happening more regularly. This also eases the burden on guilds like TTS and TxS who simply cannot afford the cost of the consumables to maintain the spawns they do now, despite the fact that they comprise of multiple guilds.

Quite frankly there are better ways of going about and telling players “we dont want you to get as much loot off bosses” than shift the bosses onto such an unforgiving schedule. There’s nothing Anet can say to the contrary that would not be an outright lie about this.

The standard rotation and low-level rotation will reset every day at midnight (PDT).

Not reset, order would be randomized.

Cont’d

Aidan Savage.2078

To support this feature, most world bosses in these rotations have been modified in various ways.
Karka Queen
Claw of Jormag
The Shatterer
Admiral Taidha Covington
Modniir Ulgoth
Megadestroyer
Golem Mark II
Shadow Behemoth
Fire Elemental
Great Jungle Wurm (Caledon Forest)
Svanir Shaman Chief

Of the few bosses I’ve been to, and low level bosses at that, the scaling on them is so god kitten ridiculous that I doubt Anet even tested the fights. 13 portals at SB, and even with 50-60 people at the fight, it still took nearly 10 minutes to finish the fight. Good luck to anyone who does not have the achievement for SB completed already. There’s no chance in hell you’re going to kill 13 portals in 20 seconds without a completely full map fighting him. Now, the Caledon wurm? THAT was a fun fight. Got the wurm down to about 50% at 8 minutes with 15 people fighting him, guess what, we didnt kill the first husk fast enough. Know what happened? Wurm said “kitten you guys, I’m healing back to 100%.” I walked away from the fight at that point. With the amount of husks he spawned and tried to eat before the patch, it was possible to burn through it’s healing, but now it’s pure idiocy to attempt that fight with no fewer than 40 people.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I don’t understand this… bosses like Behemoth and Jungle Wurm were supposed to be an introduction of bosses to new players. This way, they won’t be able to kill them and will have to wait for some specific time when a big zerg joins the zone (yes, i know about megaserver but still…)

Fenrina.2954

Now, the Caledon wurm? THAT was a fun fight. Got the wurm down to about 50% at 8 minutes with 15 people fighting him, guess what, we didnt kill the first husk fast enough. Know what happened? Wurm said “kitten you guys, I’m healing back to 100%.”

Wait a minute. ~50% hp recovery from one husk? What!? I could understand strengthening the healing some, but that’s insane.

Aidan Savage.2078

Now, the Caledon wurm? THAT was a fun fight. Got the wurm down to about 50% at 8 minutes with 15 people fighting him, guess what, we didnt kill the first husk fast enough. Know what happened? Wurm said “kitten you guys, I’m healing back to 100%.”

Wait a minute. ~50% hp recovery from one husk? What!? I could understand strengthening the healing some, but that’s insane.

Yep. Now the only reason I will ever show up to that area of the world is to complete the events that spawn the wurm, get my experience, then wander off. Not sure if I’ll bother with the blight avatars as those are now champions, despite the fact they do drop champ bags.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

This needs to be changed. Any of the above suggestions are a billion times better than this rotation.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

I like the schedule system as a concept, but feel there’s some room for improvement. Firstly, make it visible in the game.

Secondly, run two schedules side-by-side, each triggering simultaneously every 15 minutes. This speeds things up, and gives players a choice of which boss to run.

Schedule A contains the 8 high-level world bosses. Each boss runs every two hours, at the same time within the hour. (e.g. Fire Shaman runs at 1:30, 3:30, 5:30, &c.)

Schedule B contains the 4 low-level bosses and the 3 legendary bosses. It runs through all 4 low-level bosses, does one of the legendaries, goes through the low-levels again in the same order, hits the next legendary, and so on. Each low-level comes up every hour and 15 minutes, and each legendary appears once every 3 hours and 45 minutes.

While Schedule A cycles fully every 2 hours, Schedule B takes 15 hours. This means that it takes 5 days for everything to wrap back around to happening at the same time of day, giving players with limited play time a more varied experience.

I should be writing.

Posted by: ninetales.5208

ninetales.5208

Hi, i’m ninetales and i’m a world boss addict. Each day I log on and do every single WB and temple I can get my hands on.

Here is my feedback for today.

The fact that only 1 boss is spawning at a time makes it very hard for my computer because of the sheer number of people there. I’ve never had a problem with rendering or loading times but today was awful.
It was nice when people could do the pre-events or choose which world boss to go to if multiple spawn at the same time. I didn’t like having to twiddle my thumbs between each one. Also, some days I have limited time so I always found myself using guesting to jump around between three servers to get as many WBs as I could, the megaserver obviously now makes this impossible to do, and the schedule is very, very restrictive. Keeping to a schedule in a game isn’t really my cup of tea anyway.

Behe seems bugged, can’t get that to work at all. Maw is strange, Brogun starts singing the trololol song when the totem gets smooshed. I didn’t know much about that until I actually read the patch notes, and to me it is rather pointless for the pre-event to maw to keep starting over and over every ten minutes.

I guess all the trackers are going to be updated some time soon (I hope) but what is happening with Temples and Gates of Arah? Grenth didn’t even have the protect Jonez event for me today (and yes, we killed the priest without fail). Does anyone at anet understand that if I can’t farm loot bags I can’t sleep at night? DO YOU? shakes

I’m sure things will work out and people will get used to the new timers, but if I could have one wish granted by anet in regards to this patch it would be that there is more than one boss spawning at a time again, and I wish we could go back to have countdown windows (for behe, maw etc) and pre-events again. It spreads the population out a bit and my computer will go on to live another day.

Would also like to add a vote for an in-game schedule because i’m confused and my head hurts.

It’s true, I’m not dangerous. But these golems are!
ASURA POWER!

(edited by ninetales.5208)

Posted by: Coin Flunk.3024

Coin Flunk.3024

Don’t use these forums, however here’s a quick one from the guild i’m in:

Teq and Karka do not spawn in ‘prime time’ for UK residents who work/school. The spawn for teq is at 7pm GMT. The next is around 3am in the morning.

Could we get a kill in the evening UK time as those who work/school often get home, have dinner and do family stuff then play in the evening….

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I really hate the changes to the systems. I do not want to:

- Wait hours for an event that previously was just waiting to be triggered, with no reruns
- Have newly modded events bug, due to forgotten testing/triggers (Behemoth)
- Not being able to see any event thingy on my WORLD map becasue it seems impossible to program.
- Notice the nice A-Net ppl from the US do not care bout the european times and just post in PDT not GMT
-Need to hope A-Net knows and strives to make 4 megaservers in europe 1 French, 1 German, 1 Spanish and 1 English/international (-> read non german/french/spanish, leaving room for Dutch and Belgian dutch speakers, Scandinavians( 4 languages), Eastern europe.. dunno how many but well those are lot of languages as well, italian and portugese, also met Africans and some middle eastern ppl… and Russians/ Belarus/Ukraine……. Well need a biggger chatbox I guess else communiucation, (Well IMHO important for an MMO? Or not) wil be destroyed or at least compromised.

I feel turned of in a way I never imagined…. PvE is no longer an experience, it a job to find out if something is running and I get a nice list not based on GMT but a BS american standard time I do not want to know about. Now see if I get in a Megaserver speaking 4 languages, which will be swamped by italian, russian and other languages as well… Then communication will falter and europe will be a big mess.

The things I now want to type I will spare you cause I rather keep my account for now.
I hope this is constructiuve comment…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

It feels weird. I did the Karka pre event last night and just… nothing happened. It was odd. I’m still not 100% sure I like it.

I like the idea of a schedule, then I actually know when these bosses are coming up. My guild hasn’t really done them due to this problem and/or a lack of people on maps (which the megaserver seems to solve).

I think there is a problem, though, because it is really biased towards certain time zones. I think these bosses need to be done at least 5 times per day so that one time for the mega bosses would work for people in any time zone (that at least should reduce the issue). Tequatl doesn’t really work out well for me. It’s either during meal or sleeping time. The others are iffy.

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

The big problem is that no one’s read the patch notes. Karka queen isn’t spawnable till the timer comes up. Showing up at say, 6 pm server, and doing the settlements WILL NOT SPAWN HER. There’s is a THREE HOUR WINDOW after her time comes up when she can spawn. Isn’t that fun? As for maw, 90% of the time, brogan has NOTHING to do with spawning maw. Same with gamarian. He runs around and does nothing most of the time. The only time they spawn is when their timer is up. That’s the ONLY TIME. The apis are 90% worthless now. You’ll NEVER know when a temple event is active, because 2/3rds of them have been megaserved, thank you anet. So you’ll just have to park your kitten there, and wait till the zerg shows up.

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Great, just great. Now i have to wait 2h for taco to show up because else Im getting into one of these numberless overflows where communication is actually impossible.
Instead of fixing things that were really broken you decided to screw up something that actually worked.
If you intended to delete the last piece of fun out of GW2 then you succeded, because there REALLY that much other things to do here. Playing dungeons which are extremly dull after the 100. run, grinding fractals because there are so many items you can get there or PVP which basically only got TDM as gamemode.
Even in crappy games likes Runes of Magic they act more playerfriendly (and the publisher there is even more greedy than Anet).
If this is a strategy to drive out the players out of GW2 into your new game Wildstar I can just say: GJ you just took another step on your slow suicide because me and many other players wont even look into this game after the experience here.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

This is a complete …. of one update! World Boss Sync is not thinking of people that work and studies that will not be able to do this events anymore!

We can only do events like Karka 3 times a day?! I need to wake up before the sun rises to be able to do Karka Queen because my work every day.

I want our old world bosses back!

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I admit I don’t know didly about programming, but why only one at a time? Why not, for example, 3 at a time: 1 low level, 1 medium level, 1 high level? Or a rolling offset schedule? Or even 2 at a time with both having a rolling schedule so it’s not the same ones each time at that time period?

There are many disadvantages to having only one at a time, as many people here have posted.

Posted by: DavidH.7380

DavidH.7380

[Quote]If the event to destroy the dragon totem has succeeded when the boss is not activated, Scholar Brogun will declare victory and return to Krennak’s homestead without fighting the shaman.[/Quote]
What does this mean? Every time I’ve done this event, after escorting Scholar Brogan the Totem appears, and after you burn down the Totem the Svanir Shaman appears. It SOUNDS like if you destroy the Totem to fast the Shaman will not appear, but I don’t think the Shaman appears until after you destroy the totem, so how do we get the Shaman to show up and play? Last night we just figured it was bugged when the event failed to spawn the Shaman.

Aidan Savage.2078

[Quote]If the event to destroy the dragon totem has succeeded when the boss is not activated, Scholar Brogun will declare victory and return to Krennak’s homestead without fighting the shaman.[/Quote]
What does this mean? Every time I’ve done this event, after escorting Scholar Brogan the Totem appears, and after you burn down the Totem the Svanir Shaman appears. It SOUNDS like if you destroy the Totem to fast the Shaman will not appear, but I don’t think the Shaman appears until after you destroy the totem, so how do we get the Shaman to show up and play? Last night we just figured it was bugged when the event failed to spawn the Shaman.

It means unless it’s Maw’s “turn” to pop, doing those “pre” events means squat.

Fenrina.2954

The short version is that the pre will run even if the world boss is not ready to spawn. You have to wait until the appropriate time, then the pre will spawn the boss. I don’t know why they did it this way, but that’s how it seems to be working.

I admit I don’t know didly about programming, but why only one at a time? Why not, for example, 3 at a time: 1 low level, 1 medium level, 1 high level? Or a rolling offset schedule? Or even 2 at a time with both having a rolling schedule so it’s not the same ones each time at that time period?

Off the top of my head, there shouldn’t be a programming reason for them to not spawn multiple bosses at one time. I would think the reason is elsewhere.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

I agree with the sync but we need not 1 at a time, yes 3, one low-level, 2 med, and the hardcore ones it’s not that necessary.

But really? This is way huge timings, we can’t do nothing if i do fractals / dungeons and a boss timer is going up, i can’t go and… well, i can’t do it anymore because after this patch we must change our personal life to do world bosses.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

DavidH.7380

It means unless it’s Maw’s “turn” to pop, doing those “pre” events means squat.

Yeah, I guess what was confusing me was the assumption that the “pre” events don’t run unless it is that bosses’ turn to pop. Running the pre events outside the actual boss window is confusing as heck and seems utterly pointless. I can see a lot of potential for people to think they are running the boss event until the chain ends unexpectedly and they find out they just screwed up and wasted their time.

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

The world boss schedule is absurd and far too limiting. I can accept the idea of “a” schedule for these events, but “this” schedule just doesn’t work.

Please increase the number of events active to at least double what the current schedule includes – so 2 bosses every 15 minutes. That would give us some choices.

As far as mega events, is a 4 hour rotation instead of 8 really all that much to ask for? The guild consumable is nice as an idea, but the 20 merit cost is absurd. It is above what most smaller guilds can manage. The large guilds specifically setup for the mega events are in no better position, as they to want to spawn these event multiple times per week, if not multiple times per day so it makes no sense for them either.

Posted by: Killdeer.7391

Killdeer.7391

they screwed up SB totally three times AND NO SB Elder Scrolls are looking better and better

DavidH.7380

I know I should read the patch notes more carefully, but can someone tell me if all the boss events start exactly on the timer now, so you know exactly when and where every boss will activate, or are these rolling “windows”?

Fenrina.2954

I know I should read the patch notes more carefully, but can someone tell me if all the boss events start exactly on the timer now, so you know exactly when and where every boss will activate, or are these rolling “windows”?

My understanding is that they are spawning on a strict timer/schedule. They don’t fully list the schedule in the patch notes, but this is where they talked about it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-15-2014/first#post3896033

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Only mega bosses have a window. All others, whatever pre they still have starts at their allotted time.

Fenrina.2954

Only mega bosses have a window. All others, whatever pre they still have starts at their allotted time.

From what I’ve seen, that’s actually false. When the pre is up and the time to spawn the boss occurs, the pre has a timer on it saying how long is left to succeed.

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

The boss synchronization, as it is implemented now, kills the fun in the game. I don’t need any additional chores when playing a MMORGP, everyday life has enough of them. With only a few hours game time on weekdays (and usually even less on weekends) I want this to be a relaxing experience and not feel like I’m still at work.
Also, as I usually work from 9am to 7pm CET and need approx. 1 hour to commute, I’ll probably never see any of the 3 big bosses again.
I might catch a late 8pm Tequatl overflow if I’m lucky, but the chances of completing this event with an unorganized “group” of people, all speaking different languages (thank you EU-Megaserver) are nonexistent.

Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Yep. Now the only reason I will ever show up to that area of the world is to complete the events that spawn the wurm, get my experience, then wander off. Not sure if I’ll bother with the blight avatars as those are now champions, despite the fact they do drop champ bags.

The husks are not a problem at all, if 95% of the zerg does not ignore them, as they’re used to. Unless killing vets is somehow beneath you. o_O The wurm has much less hp now. I’m agaist the schedule, which is just a rigid, repeatable, restrictive chore, but the scaling seems fine in many cases. The Svanir Shaman, however, is still a puny punching bag.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Grohiik.1852

Grohiik.1852

As i did a topic about it, here i go…

To start, my concern is the World bosses events and their timing. Personally i was always doing only Tequatl from Karka and the Wurm, and the standard time for him has actually proved a little difficult for me to participate anymore…
I was always doing Teq at 23:00 or 00:00 at my time and with the new standard ones, my only options are these: 6:00 in the morning, 14:30 and 20:00. Which means i will sometimes participate or never and before i was always doing him once per day.
Is there some way that this will be changed in the future? Or at least put Tequatl (and the other world bosses of course) more times per day?
Tequatl was my favourite world boss and it saddens me that i won’t be able to participate anymore because of the standard time.

Posted by: Snowball.3497

Snowball.3497

I come from GW2Community and we have some concerns about the coming timers.
We feared our input would be drowned down in following comments in this thread, since this is general feedback and our concerns are rather specific.
Our post can be seen here

Thank you for reading it!

Particlar – Desolation – [Hs]
World First Wurm KillRaid Sells on Twitch
Origin of Diboof

Posted by: Trixxy.6937

Trixxy.6937

The events chains effected by the new set times just feel unnatural.

Not to go too far off topic but this set time system is so that we can have a way to “reliably” track events with the arrival of megaservers yeah? Megaservers which have enough problems of their own for discussion in the megaserver threads.

Old system of break timers and proper dynamic event chains was much much better.

“May Your Steps Be Relentless”