Game Updates: World Boss Synchronization

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CrockyClockwork.4095

CrockyClockwork.4095

Simply put: World bosses on a fixed schedule destroys the “living, breathing” aspect of the world. Where effort has been invested to create the feeling that the player is part of a dynamic world, in which his/her actions impact events or the environment, this defeats it.

“OK kiddies, time for shatterer. Next we want you to do snack time. Now it’s potty time.”

Kitten that, I cannot explain it, but this just feels like they are telling me how to play by setting the times I am ALLOWED to defeat world bosses. Play how they want me to play I guess.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Bye Bye Teq…

New schedule is a mess imo.. sure do things to kill champ trains and the like but whoever dreamt up this debacle of a schedule obviously has a lot of free time on their hands or only requires a coke, a pizza and a couple of hours sleep before re-logging.

This rotation has made content way to restrictive and add to that with your mega server rollout once maps fill up getting your organized events together will become an unholy mess…. its already hard enough for organised events to happen, but with players rooted en mass by a megaserver event guilds and alliances will simply give up.. which I guess is what you want hence the new guild event spawn hoping they will come up with the shortfall.. except larger guilds aren’t going to want to waste their merit cap knowing that their own events will still run the risk of a large majority of their players being excluded due to map caps.
Add in the fact that alliances made up of smaller guilds/community groups are already hard pushed to be able to organise worthwhile events for their servers now run the risk of having to work 24/7 just to be able to afford the merits and influence for a total free for all afk’er heavy event to take place on your megaserver.

Does anyone actually think these things through back at base.. you have had 2 years to go through teething issues with the game, but every patch you never fail to amaze me just how poorly thought out most of your updates are whether it be balancing classes, skills, builds, mobs, bosses, maps, dungeons.. and WvW (laughs).

Sure this post might sound harsh and to be honest its meant to be, but all I see is Anet striving relentlessly to alienate and exclude large portions of its player base every single time you do something.. you already shafted small guilds now larger guilds will be hit in the face as well now.

Sigh.. all is vain, ESO im coming!

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

This update is a disaster for world events, lets look at it shall we Anet

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-megaserver-system-world-bosses-and-events/

Karka Queen for EU players, (ill use EU, GMT and Central ) and these times don’t matter whether your on a EU server or a EU player on an NA server

2am GMT – 3am Central
11:30am GMT – 12:30pm Central
5pm GMT – 6pm Central

So yes Anet thank you very much, because anyone in the UK/EU that has a job and or school can pretty much no longer take part in these events, 2/3am sleeping, 11:30am/12:30pm working/school, 5pm/6pm coming from work /school etc etc,

Teq and the Jungle wurm are not much better to be honest.

So big old thanks to Anet for this update, there are somethings that you should not have messed with, as there was nothing wrong with the way it was before, you are pretty much saying that if you are not in a massive guild that can spawn this event ( if you can get enough guild members online at the same time to do it) you pretty much have no chance.

Are ANET even reading this topic or is here for show?

(edited by Ok I Did It.2854)

Posted by: embarbarada.2096

embarbarada.2096

Please change the hour of world bosses.
I can’t do them anymore!

Posted by: shibari.2538

shibari.2538

Dear Anet,

I work. I don ‘t know if you’re aware that your player base have jobs and commitments. I have played this game since just after beta. I spend anywhere from 100 USD to 250 USD, per month, of my disposable income in this game. I spend it on your fun goodies, toys and outfits, and special items. This was my way of supporting a game that I love. I will no longer be doing that. I will not support a game that does not consider its player base in its decisions. It’s obvious you have not done this.

The only time I do PVE is for epic boss events, world bosses and map completion (which I finally got) You have removed my only reasons for PVE. I did not kill epic bosses and world bosses for loot. I did these events because I enjoy the scale of them and to help my friends do the same. With the introduction of your new “megaserver” system and the new boss schedule I can do none of these things.

I live in the central time zone (Tx.) and all epic boss times are when I’m sleeping/getting ready for work, during my workday, or shortly before/after I get home from work.

Please go back to the original epic and world boss spawns. The new schedule is clearly not working, clearly not making your player base happy and clearly not acceptable. You only have to look at all the moderator closed threads and pages of complaints concerning the schedule to see this.

all this words is truth | my real life now is incompatible with this game | it’s so sad because i spend time and money here

Posted by: Spectral.5980

Spectral.5980

This new system of world bosses has ruined gw2 for myself. I can’t play 12 hours to get done what I use too in 3-4 hours, and many days don’t even have a few hours to play. This for me, just plain sucks !
I know there we’re reasons behind all these MEGA NERFS, but please work with us a little.
I’m just one player, I don’t matter, I know this. But my wallet is now closed.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

The new schedule is ok if you’re

- unemployed

Which, sadly, many Americans are. Thanks, Obama.

And may I remind you, Anet, that unemployed people usually don’t buy gems.

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

I will just rewrite my topic(https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/NEW-World-Bosses-are-crap/first#post3911288):
To make boss u have to camp for him, for example in order to make Lysa i had to w8 3 horus till it fail and then w8 another 1h to make this(and don’t say me taht i was w8ing for farm, it is necesary for 1 of new traits).
Ppl can’t even track WBs or even guess next WB, another example, I spend about 1,kitten WB hunting, jumping form wp to wp and when i had hope that i found some it was already down before i got to boss from wp due to massive blobs of players.
“The following standard world bosses will activate on the hour and 30 minutes past the hour in this rotation:
The Shatterer (Blazeridge Steppes)
Modniir Ulgoth (Harathi Hinterlands)
Golem Mark II (Mount Maelstrom)
Claw of Jormag (Frostgorge Sound)
Admiral Taidha Covington (Bloodtide Coast)
Megadestroyer (Mount Maelstrom)
Fire Shaman (Iron Marches)
TBD / Space Reserved for Future Event”
How am i able to guess which WB is up? Do i have to count form midnight PDT to actuall hour?
Another issue is TIME of special WBs
“The following extra-hard world bosses will occur at specific times, interrupting the standard rotation:
Karka Queen (Southsun Cove)
03:30 PDT – 12:30 gmt+2 – WORK/SCHOOL time
09:00 PDT – 18 gmt+2 – Comming back from work time
19:00 PDT – 4 gmt+2 – Sleeping time
Tequatl the Sunless (Sparkfly Fen)
04:30 PDT – 13:30 gmt+2 – WORK/SCHOOL time
10:00 PDT – 19 gmt+2 – finally can do this!
20:00 PDT – 5 gmt+2 – WORK/SCHOOL time or sleeping time/standing up to school/work
Triple Trouble (Bloodtide Coast)
05:30 PDT – 14:30 gmt+2 WORK/SCHOOL time
11:00 PDT – 20 gmt+2 usually people have guild missions/guild raids(like me in HC WvW/GvG guild)
21:00 PDT – 6 gmt+2 – WORK/SCHOOL time or sleeping time/standing up to school/work”
So tell me Anet when i’m used to make these bosses? Expecially Karka Quinn which is needed for new traits. I thought that U stopped with time restrictions after The Lost Shroes and now I guess that I was in wrong.

ps. i know my English is really poor and it is hard to understand but i think that i typed everything as much clear as I could. Also my errors can be caused cos i’m totally kittened by game that i used to like.

Also to answer to future question, i have job from 6 am to 6 pm(yes 12h) and school at weekends(same times or similar) due to this i could make tequatll,karka etc. at 7 pm(usually server was doing those bosses at this hour[GH for example]) and now i can make only 1 boss and it is Tequatll. What is mostly funny yesterday me and many other players was hunting for WBs and jumping form wp to wp ^^ pretty funny if u wanna to spend 20s for wps. And to answer next question, api/web(gw2stuff/gw2temple) isn;t working properly, it is showing some events but not all and 1h or 2h too early/too late.

Anet if u wnana to keep this best sollution(for not special wbs[like Karka or Tequatll]) should be releasing some web that have CORRECTLY timer for each time-zone.

Ty for reading this.

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

The new schedule is ok if you’re

- unemployed

Which, sadly, many Americans are. Thanks, Obama.

And may I remind you, Anet, that unemployed people usually don’t buy gems.

Never mind the politics please, but maybe the some people will soon experience the unemployment line. I have a few names in mind.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Learn from Hobotron and wintersday.

Have a little encampment with a group of warriors there when you talk to them they ask you " Are you willing to help" once enough people have said yes spawn it. No reason to plan my day around spawn timers. Make it so you only get loot and XP from the major events once per day.

This change has made me not even want to log in. We have went from one extreme to the next.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I want to get into the system. But overall it does feel worse off. Not only am I getting placed in other megaserver instances than my friends and usual boss runners. Or I s how up to a boss at specific time on the schedule and its already finished or something. But now I’m finding it very hard to do bosses in general. :/ I definitely preferred the boss train compared to this.

I thought the Americas AM times might have more people for bosses since Megaservers. But its still pretty dead at that time as well. And it seems harder to be in the right spot now for what boss everyone is doing. :/

There are some timers showing up on Reddit and such. But I think its just a way of trying to funnel people into the same spots at certain times. Which so far I haven’t seen working. We’ll see tonight I guess.

And the “big” boss timers are absolutely atrocious. I’m glad you tried to make it suck less with potential guild spawn. But I think that has just further complicated the issue at hand.

Posted by: rstripn.8697

rstripn.8697

There has been no moderator or dev response to anything said in any of the response threads, and the dev tracker is way quieter than normal since the patch.

Possibilities:

1) Post-patch downtime/vacation? I imagine the Living Story + the Feature Patch involved a lot of sleepless nights for the coders. Could be we’ll see responses when they get back.

2) Maybe this level of criticism (especially regarding the bosses and the traits) was completely unexpected? They could be racing to find viable solutions (reverting to pre-patch is not viable), and we’ll see major changes once they have something ready.

3) The silence could mean they don’t consider anything in this patch to be a mistake, and that they have chosen not to explain their reasoning to us, nor to discuss changes. This would be bad, not just for us, but for the future of the game.

I imagine there are other options, but those are the only three I can think of. Until we see some official response of some sort, I don’t think these response threads serve any purpose anymore.

ArenaNet: For every person who posts here, you have dozens just watching the forums and waiting to hear what’s going to happen next. We need communication.

Wake me when the giant stirs.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Well, one thing we do know now. CDI was nothing more than a PR smoke screen. The one thing they obviously do not intend to do is to talk with community.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

The zerg just killed the fire elemental in 1 (one) minute. Thank you, that is all.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

I have mixed feelings on the scheduled bosses. Some of them don’t happen often enough, and some – temples, fire shaman – aren’t even in the rotation, so there’s no way to know when or if they’ll be up. Temples are often not spawning because the pre-events are being done with so many people on the maps, and that’s a big problem. A lot of people farmed Balthazar/Melandru/Grenth multiple times a day before this patch – now they’re screwed. Either the Temple events don’t start, or they’re zerged down in a matter of seconds. Some of the bosses were trivial before, but this is just pathetic.

A big problem is the world boss buffs. A few of them – such as Jormag – were actually buffed nicely. Even with a zerg of 100+ people, he doesn’t go down quick. I like this change, though with the addition of so many champ spawns, half the zerg now just farms champs and the rest of us are left to slowly wittle down the HP of the ice barriers – but it’s okay, those champ farmers still get credit when we get the wall down.

Despite the champ annoyance with Jormag, I do like the ramped up difficulty. It’s more fun, even if it results in a lot more death. Other world bosses, however, were “buffed” and go down faster than before, or are just total snoozefests.

Shadow Behemoth was “buffed” to have more HP and…be harder? Great, nice, whatever, but he’s still easy as all kitten and all people need to do is spam 1 on portals every 20 seconds, then spam 1 on him again. It’s the same as we had before – not hard at all – just takes longer. That’s supposed to be an improvement?

Great Jungle Wurm, I like the extra difficulty to him, except his HP is way too low for such a large increase in players. He goes down in a minute or less. Sure, he’s harder now, more people end up dying, but his tiny HP pool means that this fight is pretty anticlimactic. The patch notes said that he gets more health from the veterans that spawn now when he eats them….except he never GETS to eat them, because he goes down before they even get to him, with no one killing them.

Fire Elemental, I didn’t notice anything tbh. The pre-event takes just as long as ever, but is even more trivial now, because there’s 2-3x the amount of players there used to be. Sure, some champs or elites spawn, but they go down in like half a second. Not exactly difficult. And as for Fire Elemental itself? The one time I’ve done it since this patch, he went down in literally 30-40 seconds. He was harder before. Now with the “buff” he’s easymode on easymode with Hello Kitty difficulty piled on top.

Golem, all you’ve done is basically added AoE indicators to make him even more easymode. If you knew what you were doing, you could dodge his knockbacks easily before. Again, feels like you lowered him to Hello Kitty difficulty. At least his HP scaling is still steep enough that he doesn’t go down in a whopping minute or so.

Shatterer…this is still laughably easy. He goes down in 5 minutes or less now; before Megaserver was implemented, he’d usually take at least 8, sometimes close to the full 15 on some servers. Great, he heals more now, but that health he heals disappears in about 10 seconds when he becomes attackable again.

Really, most bosses didn’t get buffed enough. No, I wasn’t expecting Tequatl-level difficulty, nor should they be that hard, but a world boss going down in a minute, or just being one boring, long fight where you don’t even have to move because you take no damage whatsoever just isn’t fun. I was hoping Shadow Behemoth, in particular, would get more challenging, but he’s not. He takes longer, but he’s just as harmless as he was before.

Furthermore, on all the bosses, you still have pre-events going for them very often. Really, why leave these pre-events in, just to confuse players that think they’re going to spawn a world boss? People keep doing Maw pre-events and getting angry when he doesn’t spawn. Same with Karka Queen. Some of these event chains don’t even make sense to be doing if they’re not going to result in a boss spawn.

Overall, I’m pretty disappointed. I do world bosses daily, and have for months now. I used to enjoy temples the most, but now I miss them the few times they are up, mainly because they go down so kitten quick, and there’s no way to tell that they’re even active unless a guildmate tells you – who, of course, have to actually run to the area that the event chain starts in to see if any temples are active. I hate this change the most because of temples – I never get to do them now. With the exception of Jormag, world bosses have become even more of a joke than they previously were.

I really hope you guys look at how much you buffed certain bosses’ hp, and the mechanics of others (looking at you, SB). Really not enjoying the Megaserver’s changes to world bosses and temples right now.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Posted by: Audrey.7246

Audrey.7246

I may be wrong, but many of the decisions made in implementing the MegaServer patch appear to be based on hardware consolidation. Removing a guaranteed spawn for each zone on each defined world implies fewer computing resources are needed. Letting only one world boss spawn per time slot removes the need to support multiple highly populated zones simultaneously.

If this is the main reason for the patch, it could be that some of the Guild Wars 2 hardware is being redirected to another project or consolidation is being performed to reduce operating costs. Perhaps the current number of simultaneous users does not justify the original hardware configuration.

I too agree that the inflexible world boss schedule is not ideal for those who have a limited but consistent time slot to play each day. Multiple world boss spawns does not appear to be a solution (would require more computing resources) but rotating the schedule on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis would help.

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

I too agree that the inflexible world boss schedule is not ideal for those who have a limited but consistent time slot to play each day. Multiple world boss spawns does not appear to be a solution (would require more computing resources) but rotating the schedule on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis would help.

If I recall correctly, the reason given for synchronizing the spawns was that it’d be too problematic to have old system with the mega server. Having multiple spawns shouldn’t cause overall more map instances to be needed than it otherwise would. But admittedly, I could be wrong.

Posted by: BlackfoxKitsune.7480

BlackfoxKitsune.7480

ok this was a good idea in Theory, but in practice its failing. :/ please put the dynamic events back they were much more fun to play, this is stale old had and very boring now. Also I’ve noticed with your Mega server this so called Sync is also failing -IF- you get booted to an overflow the event stops at it pre-event with some pre-events never happening, so events going off at the same time universal is sure as hell not happening! not only that if your lucky enough to get into miss mash of a boss event you will LAG to death literally! you are watching your toon play with their hair, test the wind or something while your there mashing away at an attack function and their simply not doing anything, then suddenly your dead. and that’s if your really lucky. if your less lucky you watch everything at 1 frame every 5s and if your less lucky then that you’ll suddenly get sent to a random waypoint for no reason what so ever, one min your combat, next your on the other side of a map at a random waypoint, OH but then we get to the unlucky part, where your lag becomes SO bad with so many players from ALL around the world all mashed together your net, game client or comp can no longer take the abuse Anet is throwing at it your game will boot you to chara screen or crash altogether meaning you LOOSE everything you’ve done on the boss event and you just went though hell to complete that event for.. a big fat NOTHING!

So please put it back to how it was with bosses and for the love of what ever god or power or energy you worship! STOP PUTTING US WITH PEOPLE WE CAN’T UNDERSTAND!

The Lonewolf Clan (LWC)
http://akikitsune.wix.com/lonewolfclan
order of morrigan [Oom]http://oomguild.wix.com/order-of-morrigan

Posted by: Audrey.7246

Audrey.7246

3) The silence could mean they don’t consider anything in this patch to be a mistake, and that they have chosen not to explain their reasoning to us, nor to discuss changes. This would be bad, not just for us, but for the future of the game.

As I speculated in an earlier post many of the changes in the patch may be due to a desire to reduce operating costs via hardware consolidation. Naturally admitting such is not an attractive option.

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Well, one thing we do know now. CDI was nothing more than a PR smoke screen. The one thing they obviously do not intend to do is to talk with community.

NOPE. The finding-traits-in-the-world mechanic was pulled almost verbatim from what we came up with in the Horizontal Progression CDI. Also, the wardrobe was brought up there so many times, it had to be sidelined to a later CDI, (although their awesome programmers managed to fully implement the thing before that second thread could even be scheduled).

I should be writing.

Posted by: rstripn.8697

rstripn.8697

I may be wrong, but many of the decisions made in implementing the MegaServer patch appear to be based on hardware consolidation. Removing a guaranteed spawn for each zone on each defined world implies fewer computing resources are needed. Letting only one world boss spawn per time slot removes the need to support multiple highly populated zones simultaneously.

If this is the main reason for the patch, it could be that some of the Guild Wars 2 hardware is being redirected to another project or consolidation is being performed to reduce operating costs. Perhaps the current number of simultaneous users does not justify the original hardware configuration.

I’m not sure I get this argument…

Yes, the Megaserver system was put in place to reduce the number of simultaneous instances. We know that for a fact.

While I’m sure that is partly to help out players (more people in zones during off hours), I’m virtually certain the main reason is to cut the necessary number of servers. And I’m okay with that, whether it’s to save money, or because they need the resources for some new project, either way, I get it. The math is easy – its wasteful to run instances with only a few players.

But I don’t see how it would take that many more resources to run multiple bosses than a single boss at a single time. You still have X people playing, split across Y instances. The only difference is whether they’re all instances of zone A (A+A+A+A+…), or if they’re instances of different zones (A+B+C+D+…). Each instance still has to hold the same number of people.

And while I can imagine that it might take a little more computing power to run 4 different boss scripts than a single one 4 times, either way you’re still running 4 boss scripts.

So, unless I’m missing something, they can do multiple bosses in multiple zones concurrently without significantly hurting whatever their goal is. While in absolute terms it may be slightly heavier in resources, compared to the sheer number of players and instances and world computation already done every instant, statistically there is no difference.

… and if I -am- missing something, I’d love to hear it. No sarcasm. I love coding, and computing, and game design, and learning new things about any of the above.

Posted by: EmoDevo.3209

EmoDevo.3209

I’m not a huge fan of the new schedule. It feels like going back to school all over again with strict timetables. Aside from that, I used to be able to do Teq almost every day if I had the time but now I can’t because the times are really awkward since I’m based in EU. Please at least double the spawn of those world bosses to 6 times a day so players of all timezones can participate. Thank you.

Posted by: mythil.9416

mythil.9416

Turned up to do the maw… Turned out it was completed the last time it spawned. Now no one can do the maw UNLESS they are there the first time…

WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL ANET?!

Posted by: village idiot.1436

village idiot.1436

I had low expectations of the boss schedule. Gave it a few days and the verdict is awful. Locked out of events that cannot occur during my play time, lengthy downtime between events and what events are up are a lag fest.

I dislike the removal of pre events, it removes the sense of players actions having consequences for example helping seraph conquer harathi causes ulgoth to spawn.

The boss schedule has been a spectacular failure and largely eliminated my desire to participate in meta events. Anet has adopted a head in the sand mentality toward criticism and jumping on any positive feedback.

Posted by: Blink.9361

Blink.9361

My experience today. Logged on at 8:46 EST, headed to Fire Elemental and the pres were just beginning. My instance was late in killing the fire elemental and finished around 9:06 EST. As I arrived at southsun every instance of the megaserver I entered had already killed the Karka Queen. There NEEDS to be more flexibility to this atrocious schedule

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I had the fortunate opportunity to speak to two different ANET reps in-game about this on the 15th:

The feedback I gave can be summarized as follows:
- Many EST US/EU (UK) Cannot do the hardcore world bosses [the schedule is too late or too early when individuals are at school (after school clubs, dinner) or at work]
- Explained how the guild boss activation was too costly [influence, merits and time required to build] (for people who cannot do stuff on the fixed timers) even for a big guild
- Risk of forcing guilds to be non-international (too time zone focused and limited)
- Rigid schedule is not ‘fun’ where people only see certain limited things each day (PvE open world bordem).

ANET 1 – We are listening. We will feedback the issues back to the DEV team.
Unfortunately we will take ‘feedback’ after we see how its working out before changing it. Sorry could not be much more positive than this about it.

ANET 2 – Thought guilds would be able to spawn the boss – explained about international guilds and how on average 60 or so were online (tops on average in a 500 man guild). They kind of missed the point and rambled on about transferring from NA→EU Servers and you could get a sponsored transfer. Then mentioned in some other MMO they often missed the ‘Raids’ as they were fixed time (due to the time-zone they were in).

I know it is Easter (this weekend) which will naturally see a boost in numbers back into the game (school exams have been completed for a couple of months).

The fixed schedule works for ‘kids’ who may have a 6 week summer break – and may distort feedback.
There is a large player-base of adults who have a larger amount of disposable income to buy gems directly with Cash which funds this system.

It would seem (according to players) which have played WoW this game is becoming more like a ‘WoW’ clone – with fixed ‘Raid’ or mega-events.

The dissatisfaction I am hearing is growing due to fixed timers and things they want to do which they can make now (once a week) where other individuals in different timezones can make it daily.

There is quite a lot of talk currently about leaving the game from individuals (not due to loot reduction) – but the inability to make events (Teq, Karka) that they previously could and the disparity between those that will be now able to do these events (daily) and those who cannot (who previously did).

I have major concerns that if this is not fixed quickly – there will be a mass exodus from the game or individuals will be playing for less time than before.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

This is the worst change of the feature patch. I’m going to make it very simple:

Pros:

• More people in empty zones
  • More people on empty servers to help do events

Cons:

• There are so many people you can never get tags for loot
  • Knowing what overflow you are on is confusing
  • Most of the time not grouped with friends or guild mates
  • Waiting 10-15mins intervals for pre events to be completed
  • Easy to miss bosses due to the fact that one might miss them because of the overflow they are on.
  • No longer feels dynamic, but static. World events are now glorified raids.
Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

(edited by Aza.2105)

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

World Bosses have turned into massive zergs of lag and auto-attack afkers.

Gratz ANet, you managed to do the opposite of what you said recently before the patch “we want to spread people towards all maps”, nope, Orr is being zerged like it never was before, people have little things to do on PvE due the lack of meta-event spawn…

And now Meta Events are just ruined, too many people, it’s not even challenging anymore, the biggest challenge is deal with the lag, something i only had in WvW now in PvE, i just can’t deal with this change, this is not a new feature, this is destruction of the actual game features that were working just fine before!

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I’m really depressed right now. I usually support Anet, but this is the first time I’ve found myself losing faith in this company. The lack of substantial content left behind by the living world over the last 1.5 years and this boneheaded boss schedule are just terrible.

Karka Queen for me happens at 12 noon, 9:30pm, and 6:30am. The only time I can hope to attend is the 9:30pm time. 12 noon I’m busy at school. 6:30am I’m still asleep. I’d love to be able to unlock these traits they added to the game without spending gold and skill points. You know, earning a unique ability for completing a challenge? Isn’t that the intended spirit of the new way you obtain traits? I keep missing the one realistic spawn window for Karka Queen due to real life stuff getting in the way. There is no good logical reason Karka Queen can’t spawn more often. Shadow behemoth spawns 4-6 times in between. Why? Who needs to do Shadow Behemoth 6+ times a day? Slot some Karka Queen in there instead please!

Oh and the triple wurm is now basically an exclusive raid boss accessible ONLY to megaguilds. Why is it even an open world boss at this point? Why not move it to a dungeon instance? Why even bother with these new guild event things. It only spawns such that any given individual can only attend one of the 3 times per 24 hours. If you want to get multiple attempts in, you HAVE to form a megaguild and dump merits. This game is quickly turning in to WoW raiding where they have daily and weekly lockouts and spawn timers.

Watch, one day they will add a Time-Lost Protoquaggan somewhere and people will have to spend literally weeks of their lives camping for it to spawn.

P.S.
And another thing, Anet. All that work you were trying to do with the Marionette and triple wurm; getting people to learn to be more organized and cooperative in open world. All of that effort is down the drain now that you set it up so that every single event is part of one gigantic zerg train where everyone afk auto attacks in between waypointing and checking their facebook. Assuming you make it in time for a boss, that event is now the biggest snoozefest I’ve ever seen in a video game. And I played Fable 3.

What happened to the Anet that talked about designing this game for 5-man content? I clearly remember when people asked “Why are your dungeons 5 man?” Anet’s response was that they wanted to balance everything for that number of people in an encounter, whether it be a dungeon or pvp. The last time I remember using my brain in this game was about 2 months after launch when I still had some yellow/green gear equipped in an explorable dungeon. Now that people stack in the corner with full ascended, even dungeons are boring too. Forget about open world zergwars 2.

(edited by Xenon.4537)

Posted by: Onyxpanther.7189

Onyxpanther.7189

So Anet just to give you another example of how poorly your world boss synchronization was thought out. I live in the Mountain Standard Time time zone. My typical playtime is between 9pm and 11pm MST after I have spent my earlier evening with my children and put them to bed. Before the patch in that 2 hour window I generally would do Jormag once, Shatterer once, Golemn 2-3 times, 1 or two temple events, a couple COF paths, a couple Ascalon Catacombs paths and then call it a night. With your new systems in place during that same time frame I am able to do 0 Jormag, 0 Shatterer, 0 Golemn, and I won’t be able to tell if COF is open or not anywhere to get a quick run in there…. so you have reduced the available amount of game I usually participated in to 3/10 of what it was pre patch. FYI if that is the amount of game available to me then I will be spending 3/10 the amount of time I used to in game. If I am spending that much time less in game then there is that much less incentive for me to spend any money on gem purchases. Now I am no marketing or financial expert but what I do know is the general goal of products and services is to find a way to get the consumer to spend more time involved with the product so that they are more likely to make future purchases involved with this product. Your Megaserver changes will not fulfill this goal in their current state. Good Luck.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

So the MAW will not spawn if the totem which can be killed by an uplevel in under 30 seconds, dies in the 5 minute spawn window, so no more MAW, great job on that,

For world events you now have to show up an hour before the event, else your pushed into an overflow which is likely never see the event spawn,

I get it Anet you don’t want most of us doing your world events, its clear you haven’t taken any feedback reguards these world events from massive guilds/communities that do them daily, its not like the loot was out of this world from them anyway,

So im back to now doing no world events, as I cant get into my own dam server anymore its always overflow where no events are taking place, or they have bugged out and no one can do them, guess im back to telling my friends NOT to pick this game up as Anet is determined to ruin the game for EU/NA players.

Overflows do not work, the megaserver is an overflow server setup, it will not work for anyone who doesn’t camp a boss for an hour before hand, sometimes longer if its a bigger battle ( Teq for example )

Im guessing next week we will see a new gem store item that allows you to bypass the server is full message and teleport straight into a world boss, 500gems each.

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

I really do hope that there’s no set times for the world bosses to spawn.

Have done two so far (Jormag & Shatterer); there were so many people!
For both of them, I must have been on the “main” server, someone remarked that the particle effects will be spectacular, and sure enough, crash-to-desktop both times.
Luckily, when I relogged, I arrived on another map where the event was in an earlier phase.

Posted by: Grohiik.1852

Grohiik.1852

For the record, since the patch was live, ONLY today i was able to do Teq….and guess what? I am 1 hour before Teq starts and it’s already overflow….
I really don’t want to quit GW2….again…now that i was super happy i got back to GW2, this happens… I hope by the time i lvl up my alts, that this will be fixed…

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Though I guess next we’ll see World Boss Spawners in the Gem Shop, amirite? :P

I would lose all hope for ArenaNet and this game.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

I would love to see the big three (Tequalt , Tri Wurm , Kraka Queen) happen on Oceanic time (around 6-9 AM server time).

Posted by: mmiminoo.4319

mmiminoo.4319

I think that’s terrible bad choice this world bosses
I working i have frends, and game play for funn.
game me now saying:
Play now here, now there, now and again here. And exactly at the specified time
That is great bullkitten

Players want to choose when and who will go kill and not the game dictates playd time and place.
How do I appear, for example: about 14:15 is Karka, when I am at work, and another possibility is up to 23: 15??

I must also eat and sleep and take care of family.
And only one options in this version game is:
Either HERE and NOW that you have xyz, otherwise you have nothing
I’m terribly disappointed
Sorry for my bad english

Posted by: agrante.2810

agrante.2810

I know I’m just one among thousands, but before this patch I was able to participate in a Tequatl event almost everyday in the evening. Sometimes twice. Karka queen I was also able to do frequently, usually we would spawn it right after the Tequatl event. It was a nice system, that was working very well.

Now Tequatl is too early in the evening for me. I can only do it on weekends. This schedule is too rigid and ilogical, why would it spawn at 4am in Europe and not once during late evening?

The guild consumable thingy is also not going to work, it’s too expensive to allow for the same event rate/freedom we had before. It’s also asking some people to repeat Guild Missions in several guilds without any extra direct personal reward: we were better off the way things were before.

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Gosh please don’t give A-net more ideas for gemstore goofball ideas.

As for the boss schedule, I have no desire to only have access to a small set of bosses. Especially with that hideous diminishing returns imposed.

I got bored with world bosses, champ trains, and dungeons.
I don’t have any understanding of why reducing how many of those i can do is going to make me more interested in them..

My desire to do temples is now gone as I will get almost no loot from any of the mobs, and the end chest has pretty dire diminishing returns on it.

Also scaling is terrible and many bosses take longer with more players, and i have no desire to watch a bunch of people spamming 1 because they: don’t know how to; cant be bothered to do anything else.

And I’m burning out on Spvp and WvW too as there is nothing else to do.

The concept of in-game variety/choice, and fascist “you will enjoy ALL of my game” has been mixed up in the A-net dictionary. Is Anet ran by north koreans now?

People have been asking for more content to do, not restrictions on what little content there already is. Which is what this patch has done.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: agrante.2810

agrante.2810

And another thing, Anet. All that work you were trying to do with the Marionette and triple wurm; getting people to learn to be more organized and cooperative in open world. All of that effort is down the drain now that you set it up so that every single event is part of one gigantic zerg train where everyone afk auto attacks in between waypointing and checking their facebook. Assuming you make it in time for a boss, that event is now the biggest snoozefest I’ve ever seen in a video game. And I played Fable 3.

What happened to the Anet that talked about designing this game for 5-man content? I clearly remember when people asked “Why are your dungeons 5 man?” Anet’s response was that they wanted to balance everything for that number of people in an encounter, whether it be a dungeon or pvp. The last time I remember using my brain in this game was about 2 months after launch when I still had some yellow/green gear equipped in an explorable dungeon. Now that people stack in the corner with full ascended, even dungeons are boring too. Forget about open world zergwars 2.

I just wanted to say I see myself very well aligned with what this person wrote here.

Posted by: Slowpoke.2749

Slowpoke.2749

This is the most beautiful own goal I ever saw. Restricting the boss spawns and moving them to impossible times caters to the unemplyed. Too bad that most of them haven’t got the money to spend in their precious cash shop.

Anet has managed to please the one demographic that won’t pay them a cent.

Posted by: rgraze.5169

rgraze.5169

My 2 cents, pre event chains still running is annoying, felt more real I guess when that was tied to the spawn. Teq was only done by a few gulds not by everyone but it was being done, now it seems it wont be done with the times given. Going back to how it was seems viable I saw Karka and teq being done regularly. I agree with SB post, same boss nothing new just takes a tad longer you can still auto 1, kill portals then repeat.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

^ this +1

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Guys: put family and work and all that first. This is a game, it’s ok, you can always try out new things like dungeons, PvP, WvW, etc. Or on weekends and holidays you can do all events any time.

I have to admit that since the patch I almost never do world events. I did tequatl and wurm once, and tried out fire elemental, behemoth and jormag. The reason for me not doing them is only because I do not like waiting for them to spawn. I used to guest on BG and time all events so I would have to invest minimum amount of time and skip the boring pre events.

However, even though I had to change my play style since this patch, I do like it. I think it’s not fair that me and whoever else was guesting on BG or other big servers had a huge advantage over those who were new or on lower servers but didn’t want or didn’t know how to guest. This made it more fair for everyone.

And about “it is schedule world and not living world anymore”. Come on let’s be honest. Everyone used gw2stuff or similar API/website for world events. So it wasn’t that living after all. Because if there was no way to see when the events are active then barely no one would do them except guild groups.

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Megaservers and the associated world boss spawn schedule pretty much killed my last remaining interest in playing the game. I thought i will have this Easter weekend for a good bit of GW2 after the feature patch, but screw that.

Im not going to wait hours with my thumb up where the sun doesnt shine for the bosses that before this “patch” used to spawn at the end of their perfectly set sensible and fun meta-event chains. Im not going to run around with the zergfest the megaservers create, autoattacking like thats the best fun to be had in PvE. Im not a freaking lemming a stupid AI will just sort to other lemmings. The AI and the schedule is basicly herding people like cattle! One boring and unchallenging zergrush after the other with no regard to anything, least of all server community, your friends, your language, your choice of what you want to do, and it is a mark of shame on the DYNAMIC aspect this game was sold upon.

I dont know how to fix it, but that is a point in itself. It is a “fix” on something that was not broken. Now it is. Every player would be better off with the pre-patch system, overflows and everything, rather than this mess. Its drawbacks far outweigh any benefit it might give.

Max Lexandre.6279

The answer is simple, a complete madness!

Wurm Event right now is where well, all TS organized teams and guilds are doing it, but there is FAR thousands of people trying to join 3/4 separate organized tries…

This timings changes to Wurm event in specific turned the community upside down, now everyone floods the BloodTide coast at this hour desperate to join one organized try, as we don’t have anymore 2-2h time windows for this event.
If We try to discuss this with the event organizers, their reply “It is not our fault that ArenaNet is not using any brain power before implementing such nonsense.”

I’m sad, tired of click “Join In” button because i leave my work 30min before the event starts and all organized maps and overflows are already full.

RIP PvE Events.
Edit: I found one awesome thread about this issue with the major meta-events created the by the major EU guild that does them: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Save-our-spawns-lt-3-GW2community/
Check it! ^-^

Asura thing.

(edited by Max Lexandre.6279)

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

You only had to listen...

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Posted by: Ldsneo.7028

Ldsneo.7028

I just wanted to let ou guys know that the boss schedule is really messed up right now. If you work and/or have children you can’t kill any of them. when they start it’s either work hours, or dinner time and if you can’t be online then… Well to bad you just missed it, now you have to wake up in the middle of the night if you want to try it out… (I’m from Portugal). From what I’ve been hearing and talking to a lot of people online PVE is ruined for most of us. Honestly I feel like you’re trying to push pvp don’t people’s throat. I don’t like pvp….
One more thing, I have to admit I was excited for the Megaserver but oh my goodness was I wrong. Most of the time it never joins me with my guild I’m always in a different map with a 3-5 min delay on what they’re doing. Honestly I think in these bosses we’re like caddle, you don’t even have to think, just follow that huge zerg over there, don’t worry you might get to hit the boss once or twice, and maybe, just maybe the’ll drop a bag with some salvageable cloth. Don’t get me wrong I like the wardrobe, I like the dyes, the account bound items, and even though I don’t like pvp I think the reward track is interesting. But at the moment I really don’t like what’s happening in pve. I don’t want to quit playing the game, I’ve had lot’s of fun with it, but if something doesn’t change soon, I’m just going to get tired of running arround in a huge zerg trying to get to bosses, I’m trying to have fun with the game but right now that’s not happening. Please fix this huge problem, We’re not enjoying the game anymore

(edited by Ldsneo.7028)

Max Lexandre.6279

Yup wurm just failed again our overflows as there is no TS organized Try, and of the 3 tries i heard to being done, none did succeed.

Before we had the chance to organize again in 2 hours, we will keep fighting for our World Bosses and its current integration inside MegaServers. ^^

Asura thing.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

So .. player play in the open world as if the world was open to them ?

I have a great advice for you, that i have read sooo often in the last months :

Wurm and Teq are very easy .. just join TTS .. thats all.

Maybe you people now start to understand the main complains against these type of events.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Max Lexandre.6279

So .. player play in the open world as if the world was open to them ?

I have a great advice for you, that i have read sooo often in the last months :

Wurm and Teq are very easy .. just join TTS .. thats all.

Maybe you people now start to understand the main complains against these type of events.

These events as Wurm and Teq are fun, are challenging (something PvE needs so much) and also rewarding.
We just did today on 3 Runs, German Try, International EU Try and another guild try, sadly, they all failed, and they were all organized on TS for voice-chat commanders.

As there is a lot new people at this events that refuse to join TS, they are being simply “dead height” on the event itself, but that was a problem we had before, right now we have the extra problem there is only 1 wurm spawn in the timeline most people play.

Asura thing.