Game Updates: World Boss Synchronization

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DavidH.7380

DavidH.7380

If they have to insist on using schedule, they should make more than 1 bosses spawn at a time. This would spread the zerg, reduce lag, make it easier to tag

With the megaserver mechanic I don’t think it would. If SB spawns by itself, and 300 players attend in the entire game, the megaserver will spawn two maps of Queensdale with 150 players on each. If SB and Maw spawned at the same time and half those players went to each, the megaserver would spawn one map for each location with 150 players each. The only way you will ever get fewer players at the events is if those are the only people in the entire game who want to do the event or if Anet tweaks the megaserver coding to make more instances of the maps and put fewer players on each one.

Posted by: Sephrye.1628

Sephrye.1628

This helped me a lot, to track this new system
from dulfy.net:

http://dulfy.net/2014/04/23/event-timer/

Just keep it in a browser then
You can copy the waypoint code
and then Ctrl+V to paste ingame in chat to share with others

I hope they could eventually put something like this in the ingame ui, though
For now, though I think this tool is very useful

Posted by: Sylum.1806

Sylum.1806

The World Boss Sync was an overall failure and undid all the great things that the Feature Pack did for the game.

The verdict is due to my drop in interest in the game as well as a refusal to purchase Gems hence.

1. I was looking forward to the Sync because I thought it would fix the bug issues for bosses like the Dredge Commissar and the Foulbear Chieftain as well as the Temples that were prone to frequent bugs due to the failure mechanic resetting these bosses instead of having to wait for a server update. Also I thought it’d finally fix the problem of having to wait for ages for a zerg to do bosses like Eye of Zhaitan and Taidha Covington.

As we all know now, those bosses were not included in the rotation and it’s even worse for the Temples with the timer APIs no longer working and no reliable way to find out if there’s a zerg to join.

2. There are some great ideas with this sync, namely the reduction of spawns for very difficult bosses, making it easier to catch a zerg for a successful run (for Tequatl and Evolved Wurm). The Karka Queen dies really quick and is difficult to catch a zerg for it given that there’s no pre-event to give early notification on the timer API, so having a set time for it is a good idea. But the complaint I’m seeing everywhere is that 3 spawns a day is too few to accommodate a playing population spread across 24 different time zones. There has to be a happy balance somewhere, and I’m sure it’s north of 3 spawns.

Note: And don’t give me the “Guilds can spawn those bosses anytime!” argument. First, it’s limited only to the hardcore trinity of bosses. 2nd, it alienates the small guilds. This is Guild Wars 2, not Mega-Guilds-Only Wars 2.

3. While the synchronization is great for the hardcore bosses (and unpopular bosses like Eye of Zhaitan and Taidha Covington), it’s terrible for everything else. Instead of taking 3 hours to clear almost 95% of all temples and bosses (leaving only Balthazar temple, Karka Queen, Tequatl, Evolved Wurm, Taidha Covington and Eye of Zhaitan requiring significant waiting), now I can barely clear half of them despite “playing” the entire day.

The worst mistake a game can make is to make its players wait more than play. And even more egregious for a great game like Guild Wars 2 to do that, given all the age-old mistakes MMOs have made that GW2 has managed to correct.

It’s this change that’s turned me off GW2 the most.

4. Where on earth are the missing bosses like Rhendak the Crazed, Eye of Zhaitan, Dredge Commissar, Fire Shaman and Foulbear Chieftain on the World Boss Schedule? Fix it!

5. Please do something about the APIs for players to track temple runs, the Megaserver concept while great for helping players with gathering in a zerg to tackle bosses, is a royal screwjob on players who want to do temple runs.

6. Bosses like Megadestroyer (the stabilization pre-event) and Taidha (the hide-and-seek feature) have terrible bugs that came up after the feature pack patch. Fix it!

(edited by Sylum.1806)

Posted by: Under Dog X.8042

Under Dog X.8042

The Dye, Wardrobe, Traits changes are great. The megaserver and new boss rotation is horrible. I’m 12,000 AP’s deep into this game, and i just don’t really want to play anymore. I won’t be buying gems anymore. Please, for the love of the Gods… change the server and the bosses back to the way it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Xaal.7235

Xaal.7235

The new boss schedule for me is a complete disaster. I loved the dynamic nature of the world bosses pre-megaserver, and I really enjoyed leading people on a world boss hunt as the bosses popped up, I can no longer do that and now it just feels like a grind! Now you can spend at least 10 minutes waiting between each boss.

I now have no idea when I can run Temples, Eye of Zhaitan and I’m not prepared to keep jumping into each map constantly to check if they’re up.

Since the megaserver went live I’m actually losing complete interest now in logging in anymore.

Posted by: Xangxa.6428

Xangxa.6428

Related to Mega-Server I’m seeing an increased frequency in client crashes during World Boss fights (I don’t have crashes any other times). This is especially true for high-value targets and specifically the Karka Queen. An immediate re-login puts you into a map where the event has completed. Due to the infrequency of this event, it means you lose out completely, and there’s an even chance you’ll suffer the same disaster tomorrow. From map chat of other players also entering the map, the problem isn’t isolated and this is extremely aggravating.

(To add insult to injury, the new map I was on had the harvesting nodes as already “done” even though I hadn’t, so I didn’t even get the consolation prize of T6 mats.)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Stops on bus routes have signs telling you the bus schedule. Since doing world bosses is more or less the same as adhering to a bus schedule, they should have signs at each boss telling you arrival times.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

We need a variable schedule. Someone who only has one hour a day to play will only be able to fight in some of the events. That is too limiting.

To solve that the schedule should shift by an offset of 60 minutes each day so there’s a different one each day in the same allotment of time.

Also, all other events with bonus chests like the Commisar and the orrian temples should be added to the cycle. If there’s no room, just make some happen at the same time. If there’s worry that people will go to one of them only, increase the refresh of those that happen at the same time to 2 days instead one, so people go to the other one too.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Stops on bus routes have signs telling you the bus schedule. Since doing world bosses is more or less the same as adhering to a bus schedule, they should have signs at each boss telling you arrival times.

I don’t know why i find this way to amusing. Should NPC’s hand out pamphlets to?

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Ankushp.7245

Ankushp.7245

There needs to be a little randomness / time changes atleast Hate this time table style of bosses. Multiple bosses coming up together and rushing everywhere was fun……

And its becoming tiresome to explain teq literally everyday to a new clueless bunch…
You may as well delete the triple wurm boss…..

Fix this issue with bosses and I will be ok with megaserver. Also i think fine tuning the “match making process” whereby all same server grouped together will help greatly!!
The allocated weights to the various factors needs tweaking.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Tri headed wurm is now impossible unless you have a guild which can create a private instance. Thanks anet
And Tequatl turned into a pain too

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Earlywood.7438

Earlywood.7438

One of my favorite parts of this game in the past was getting home from work and being able to figure out how to chain a few WB’s. It was rewarding when things fell into place and 5-10 all lined up perfect and I felt like I was actually playing the game

Now, I come home to the same few WB’s every day and one of them is Teq. This leads me to Jungle Wurm, Golem, and SB every day but spread over 45 mins or skip them and hope to get in on a good Teq map and wait there for 45 mins instead. Since I don’t find Teq all that rewarding, the other WB’s are usually my pick but even those now make me wait 5-10 minutes each before they start. I spend a lot less time playing now and much more time just standing there waiting.

Also, I don’t understand how making a few WB"s show up less often just to fit them into the schedule and then completely removing a few others is a good thing. It seems to me more like less PvE content throughout the day not. How is that helping the game. Was there ever a complaint of too many WB’s to fight in a day that I missed.

I love the change allowing guilds to start certain WB’s but for the life of me I can not figure out what was so wrong with the setup before to justify scheduling ALL WB’s. This is the most bland version of WB’s I have ever seen in my short MMO experience. I don’t often have hours and hours to sit around and play so in the time that I do have, the last thing I want to do is wait around for something that I shouldn’t even have to wait around for. Instead, I find this new schedule convincing me to log off and play other games.

I’m not sure if you plan on keeping this system around forever, but I really hope not. I enjoy this game a ton but if I can’t enjoy one of my favorite parts of PvE then I will find it very hard to keep playing.

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

• The schedule in Europe for Mega-bosses such as Karka/Tequatl/Triple Wurm is right around the time when everyone is eating. It would be great if these bosses could be pushed one hour later. Ideally, set one in the morning, afternoon and later at night.
  • The schedule between Tequatl and Triple Wurm is too close to each other. Everyone has to rush from Tequatl to Wurm making it very hard for organised attempts of guilds and alliances. Servers are filled up with randoms before giving guilds and alliances the chance to get in the same instance.
  • Starting Guild World Events is too expensive for events such as Tequatl and Triple Wurm. People want to do these events more than once a week.

Posted by: kuviCk.6107

kuviCk.6107

I will start by saying that overall I love MegaServer so far. But there are some problems. For example, I have been trying to do three headed jungle wurm for a while now. However, what happens to me every time is some guild or team or w/e come fill up the MegaServer and then server swap somehow and leave my server empty. It doesn’t matter how many times I try to leave map and come back in or re-log I’m still left on an empty map with like 10-15 people. This is super annoying as every time I try to come 30-50 minutes early to get a full server and this happens. Why are some people allowed to MegaServer hop? This makes no sense to me and I would like to hear peoples opinions here.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The boss schedule isn’t terribly different from following a commander from boss to boss, and I’m still killing most of the same bosses as always.

And thanks to the megaservers, it’s actually possible to kill bosses all day long instead of them basically being abandoned once the reset zerg has run its course.

You may as well delete the triple wurm boss…..

And nothing of value was lost.

Posted by: Donutdude.9582

Donutdude.9582

Re-posted here as per a Moderator’s suggestion:

Evening all.

I just attended my first Shadow Behemoth after the implementation of the new megaservers & I have to say I’m absolutely disgusted with player attitude nowadays.

Almost 95% of the raid just sat there spamming skill 1 during the portals phase instead of helping kill the portals. The worst part: it’s considered “normal” now. I’m sorry, since when did Guild Wars 2 turn into easy-mode World of Warcraft?

I so wish ArenaNet would punish the leechers somehow. Not contributing to a major part of an event should not be tolerated. It’s as bad as the leechers that used to suck the life out of Competitive Missions & Alliance Battles in Guild Wars.

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Evening all.

I just attended my first Shadow Behemoth after the implementation of the new megaservers & I have to say I’m absolutely disgusted with player attitude nowadays.

Almost 95% of the raid just sat there spamming skill 1 during the portals phase instead of helping kill the portals. The worst part: it’s considered “normal” now. I’m sorry, since when did Guild Wars 2 turn into easy-mode World of Warcraft?

I so wish ArenaNet would punish the leechers somehow. Not contributing to a major part of an event should not be tolerated. It’s as bad as the leechers that used to suck the life out of Competitive Missions & Alliance Battles in Guild Wars.

I do Shadow Behemoth at 6:45 nearly every night and I’ve never had this experience (or not noticed it). So, don’t worry about what others are doing, just do your thing and be happy with the loot. And what you’re talking about has nothing to do with boss synchronization. It’s more about Mega-servers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Donutdude.9582

Donutdude.9582

True but a Moderator told me to post it here so I did.

Can’t disobey them. That would be bad. And it’s bad to be bad.

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

True but a Moderator told me to post it here so I did.

Can’t disobey them. That would be bad. And it’s bad to be bad.

LOl, they did, didn’t they.

IMHO they should have pointed you at this one:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Feedback-Questions-MegaServer/

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Aether.7095

Aether.7095

Some time ago….

Our brave hero, Aias, joining the forces with hundreds of other brave heros, running into death or victory, looking straight into its eyes, the Claw of Jormag. It’s a huge battle, epic battle, long battle, very long. But our hero is strong, and so are the other fellows. The Claw begins to struggle, it begins to weaken. We can almost smell it, we are almost there, victory is cl…..

Error 7.

Our brave hero, Aias, joining our forces only seconds after the setback. There we go, one last hit…. wait, where it the Claw? Where are the other fellow heroes? All gone! They never existed! Oh wait… different megaserver! Noooooooooooooooooooo……..

Today….

Our brave hero, Aias, joining forces with hundreds of other brave heros, running into death or victory, looking straigt into its eyes. Tequatl, more dangerous than ever! Hours and hours of waiting for its arrival now are going to pay off. It’s a huge battle, epic battle, long battle, very long. But our hero is strong, and so are the other fellows. Tequatl begins to struggle, it begins to weaken. We can almost smell it, we are almost there, only a few more mi….

Error 7.

Our brave hero, Aias, joining our forces only seconds after the setback, no one can stop us now. There we go, one last hit…. wait, where is my Tequatl? This one has almost full health! Where are the other fellow heroes I have known to fight with? All gone! They never existed! Oh wait… different megaserver! Noooooooooooooooooooo……..

Aias can nothing but wonder why the gods of Tyria can’t simply reserve him a place on his megaserver, in his world, with his players. Maybe it’s true, maybe the gods are really and truly gone…

TL;DR: Can you PLEASE make us join OUR* server again after being disconnected? It is no fun and extremely frustrating when you waste so much time fighting and don’t get anything but nothing after a long battle. WTB ticket for glued spot!

(*) whichever server or megaserver that is when we start such an event

Guild Wars since 2005.
Member of Silver Sunshine.

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I sympathise. Events like tequatl often seem to trigger some sort of “server shock” when they begin and it does disconnect people at that time. Maybe its everyone suddenly moving and activating abilities at once, I don’t know, but its definitely a real phenomenon (often coupled with a second or two of mini lag).

With megaserver issues on top of this….its a painful combination.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Agreed.

Servers should hold our place for some time in case of disconnects, especially as they happen far more often since megaservers started fully packing most instances.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

The nature of this has also made painfully clear how poor the rewards for the bosses are. Jormag is just awful and at the end we are lucky if we get a yellow and from that we are lucky if we get an ecto or two.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Evening all.

has been like that from day one. And please, no reason to insult other franchises, GW2 is today´s benchmark for unskilled and clueless player base :P

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Evening all.

I was literally coming out here to post about the same thing. It’s standard Behemoth fight nowadays – a handful of people run around clearing the portals while a 100 people stand there leeching off others. Now, since there are so many people, the mobs around the portals scale up to champs and elites regularly, making a few man portal clearing operation pretty dangerous.

Is this how the updated Behe event is meant to be played? “play how you want”? I seriously hope that the devs take another look of the fight, since nowadays it just sucks because of the player attitudes.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Evening all.

I was literally coming out here to post about the same thing. It’s standard Behemoth fight nowadays – a handful of people run around clearing the portals while a 100 people stand there leeching off others. Now, since there are so many people, the mobs around the portals scale up to champs and elites regularly, making a few man portal clearing operation pretty dangerous.

Is this how the updated Behe event is meant to be played? “play how you want”? I seriously hope that the devs take another look of the fight, since nowadays it just sucks because of the player attitudes.

Yep!!! Getting real tired of the lazy,spam 1, leechers that don’t help with the portals (in this instance—but many other events have a majority doing the same thing).
I hope Anet will fix this up, but like the complaints about AFK’rs in dragon bash (for example)that wasn’t addressed, I don’t have high hopes.
It will just be easier to join the leechers-and more and more seem to be (imho).

Posted by: Neokramer.9725

Neokramer.9725

Please re synchronize the champion/world boss events prior to the April 2014 update. This is a disaster ! You can no longer do the champion train runs to assist in getting your daily/monthly achievements in a timely manner. Why do we need to wait at least 30 minutes for a champion to appear? For gamers that don’t have a lot of time to play and want to get in to enjoy the game, ride the champ train, get the loot and log, this is not working. I consider this a reduction in the quality of life for the game ! I have thoroughly enjoyed this game and want to continue to enjoy it. Please adjust this accordingly. Thank you.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Just as I predicted at megaserver’s inception, it wouldn’t be long before people stopped caring enough about world bosses at odd hours and events started failing.

Having bosses synchronized takes all the meaning and impact out of a basic concept of the game that I always loved: The fact that your actions and taking part in events would have ramifications across the entire zone and realm. Do pre-events for a zone wide meta event, and people would invariably show up because they would see it was up. Suddenly the actions of a small few have a huge impact on that zone and realm for all.

Now that almost all bosses are on a strict schedule, people don’t care to bother with anything more than afk auto attacking. People don’t bother with pre-events, and people don’t bother with boss mechanics. Why? Because everyone assumes someone else will do it. Eventually. Because people are here due to the scheduled boss, so it can’t fail. Except when it does.

I was just at a Taidha Covington in which piles of players waited around and didn’t bother to do the pre-events. By the time enough people, including myself, had cleared the south side cannons event, the Galleon was at 60%. When tower was captured, 35%. By the time people started working on the gate and suppressing cannoneers, it didn’t matter – the gate never even reached 70% before the Galleon sunk.

Now since I took so long in Bloodtide and was late to the next scheduled boss – Jungle Wurm, I wound up a similarly empty Caledon megaserver map. Guess what? Exactly three people bothered to attempt to stop the veteran Husks, despite pleading for help in map and say, with ample people around. I have never seen jungle wurm fail before Megaserver.

The old system was great because no matter how dead the hour, no matter how long it’s been since a content patch, there were always people who cared enough to do pre-events to get API event trackers moving. And there were always people to respond to them, even if it took guesting.

It’s only going to get worse as time goes on. Those that have the scheduling flexibility to do so will always prefer to participate in boss events during the more populated hours, creating even more of a schism.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

(edited by Halcyon.7352)

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

It is true. Additionally, the temple events (which are the ones NOT on a fixed schedule) are no fun either, since you never know what state the instance you are jumping to is in.

Hyper Cutter.9376

The old system was great because no matter how dead the hour, no matter how long it’s been since a content patch, there were always people who cared enough to do pre-events to get API event trackers moving. And there were always people to respond to them, even if it took guesting.

Maybe that was true on your server, but on mine (Maguuma), pretty much no one killed most of the bigger world bosses after the initial reset zerg had run its course, and even the minor ones were a crapshoot.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Maybe that was true on your server, but on mine (Maguuma), pretty much no one killed most of the bigger world bosses after the initial reset zerg had run its course, and even the minor ones were a crapshoot.

Thats what happens when you encourage and foster zerg-like mentality content where bosses are boring without mechanics, and the rewards are horrible.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

At that time you could have guested to another server to escape that problem.

Now you can do nothing to escape the current problems.

Posted by: Shin Phoenix.9243

Shin Phoenix.9243

Hi Anet

Congrats on the megaserver, it seems to work beneficially in most cases, however I have one major issue.

I would like to participate in the Karka Queen event regularly but I work a 9-5 job (uk time) and the event occurs at the following times; 11.30am, 5pm and 2am

This pretty much rules it out for a normal week day since I’m either in work or asleep.

I wouldn’t mind if this was “just another world boss” but this the only one the of three classed as an “extra-hard world bosses” that regularly completes successfully (in my experience).

Can you work out a variation of the rotation (much akin to the way dailys vary in a predictable fashion) to ensure that there’s a bit more variety on the timings please? That way we’d all get to have a go if we wanted one.

As it stands at moment my default “extra-hard” world boss experience consists of racing home from work to be just in time to jump on for Tequatl, finding myself in an overflow and seeing that overflow failing hard.

Shin

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

Honestly I agree, the Karka queen should not be put into the category one of those “Mega-bosses” that Tequatl and the Triple headed wurm are in. In a post-megaserver world the boss is a joke.

I mean a trait unlocks if you complete this event, that to me is Anet admitting that the boss can be completed by anyone.

Retired Leader of TTS

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

There is a spot reserved in the schedule for a ‘lesser’ boss. They could drop the Queen into that and insert a new meta boss along the lines of Teq and Wurm in the new areas or even old areas of the game. Or they may put a new minor boss into the schedule and update the Queen. Could wait and see what happens.

Posted by: Kestrelle.8165

Kestrelle.8165

I’m also hoping that they fix timings for world bosses (and a lot of other “features”) destroyed by the megaserver.
Used to do a server temple run most nights, which often included Karka queen plus Teq / Wurm scheduled events.

Now nothing

Posted by: Bozidar.8645

Bozidar.8645

I do like how the World Boss Synchronization has standardized the bosses so that you can always find a world boss to fight, but knowing that Teq and Greater Wurm are always going to fail since I’m always on overflow means I’ve just started to sign off or AFK during this time. It wouldn’t be so bad if there were fail bags or something from Teq and Greater Wurm, that way we didn’t feel like we wasted that time.

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

A 7 hour rotation vs. 8 would be better. It provides both varity and predictibility. Every 7 days you have the same rotation, and if you only have an hour or two to play each day, it would guarantee that at least one day of the week the boss you want to kill will apper in your 1-2 hour play window.

Posted by: Sakri.7234

Sakri.7234

I used to do world bosses fairly frequently before the change because you could do most of them in as little as hour. Now you can do 4 per hour. These days I can only be bothered to do Frozen Maw and Karka Queen. Not to mention that temples are undoable now. Sucks.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

An updated schedule would be very helpful.

(Or even better, finally an event fairy in-game timer.)

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

An updated schedule would be very helpful.

(Or even better, finally an event fairy in-game timer.)

Why should people have to do time conversions for their area with the new update?
It is 2014 Anet, would it be possible to either put up a website of your own?? Or even better place the timers in the UI???
World meta bosses are a huge part of GW2 PvE but customers feel left by the curb when they have to look up times on 3rd party websites

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I still hate the world boss schedule. It supports nothing but a massive mob of people primarily spamming 1 and getting rewarded for it. Even if there is an event that must be done before a boss starts, most people just stand around and wait for others to do it for them. So laziness is rewarded too. Great.

Its understandable why they introduced a timer schedule on World Bosses – because there just weren’t that many people to do them all right? But now we have a megaserver system and there are just TOO MANY people running about.

Why not return to them all being Dynamic Events? It would spread people out across the maps to do various bosses as they see fit. Want to do Karka? Go to Southsun and start pushing pre-events. Want to do Modnir? Go to Hirathi and start pushing pre-events. There would be enough people on the maps to push – especially if there were no longer a MegaZerg train to follow.

This would also solve the issue of people not being able to do certain bosses anymore because of their own life schedules. Would also make it easier to get guilds/friends/servers on the same maps together.

EDIT: Just read the update notes. This should make it better.
2nd EDIT: Nope. Still a crappy system.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

(edited by Azhure.1857)

Posted by: sixshot.5798

sixshot.5798

I currently manage my personal spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nxAS588zfOBfV2m-X9nJwA9j7EUZEbQ6NmwmCFKmWwc/edit?usp=sharing) and I need an updated schedule to confirm the “Standard” boss times. The “hardcore” bosses have replaced and bumped some of them off so it throws the pattern off.

http://bit.ly/1hswOLL (GW2 Boss Schedule)

Posted by: Sakri.7234

Sakri.7234

This update still doesn’t help me make temple events. I have no way to know when they are going to happen.

Posted by: naia.4601

naia.4601

Some sort of API or easy way to figure the schedule out would be great, especially since it’s now different with this new patch. That being said, I do want to thank the team for making the Mega Bosses become available more often. There’s lots of kittening on these forums, so I know it’s appreciated when someone actually talks about something being done RIGHT. Now I just don’t know when exactly the other bosses show up :P

Posted by: naia.4601

naia.4601

I still hate the world boss schedule. It supports nothing but a massive mob of people primarily spamming 1 and getting rewarded for it. Even if there is an event that must be done before a boss starts, most people just stand around and wait for others to do it for them. So laziness is rewarded too. Great.

Its understandable why they introduced a timer schedule on World Bosses – because there just weren’t that many people to do them all right? But now we have a megaserver system and there are just TOO MANY people running about.

Why not return to them all being Dynamic Events? It would spread people out across the maps to do various bosses as they see fit. Want to do Karka? Go to Southsun and start pushing pre-events. Want to do Modnir? Go to Hirathi and start pushing pre-events. There would be enough people on the maps to push – especially if there were no longer a MegaZerg train to follow.

This would also solve the issue of people not being able to do certain bosses anymore because of their own life schedules. Would also make it easier to get guilds/friends/servers on the same maps together.

I still think in the case of Teq and Triple Wurm a schedule is good because those two require as many people as possible and some organization for success. I think groups randomly trying to organize those two fights whenever would be a nightmare. And thats also why there’s the guild spawning option. I do like your suggestions for the lesser bosses and Karka Queen though.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Does the schedule really matter when you waypoint there and find yourself somewhere you didn’t want to go because the waypoint was contested?

The event will be over by the time you get there.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

This update still doesn’t help me make temple events. I have no way to know when they are going to happen.

Suggestion: Go there and scan for them OR join a guild that is specifically designed to run temples (yes, they exist).

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Not to be an ungrateful jerk, but that is it? This ‘update’ should have happened about the time of the 2nd page of feedback of this single thread. Not counting the others. This fix is on the level of the client language solution.

Hyper Cutter.9376

Some sort of API or easy way to figure the schedule out would be great, especially since it’s now different with this new patch.

http://dulfy.net/2014/04/23/event-timer/