Gear Progression/Raiding

Gear Progression/Raiding

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lucasohai.6028

Lucasohai.6028

So I recently hit 80 and usually focus on PVE in MMO’s. I got my full exotic set from currency but always enjoyed the thrill of loot drops from raid bossees.

I understand that being stretched all over the map for ascended gear is good for certain reasons. But when many raid groups demand full ascended just to join them for a run it seems like there’s no escaping it and the gear hunt is cooled off for when rading actually starts?

How does raiding work in regards to gear progression? Does it even exist or am I just being stupid?

Gear Progression/Raiding

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

You are expected to have maxed out your gear before you even start raiding.

Gear Progression/Raiding

Lucasohai.6028

So what does raiding bring to the table? (apart from the challenge, which I’m looking forward to)

Gear Progression/Raiding

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

How does raiding work in regards to gear progression? Does it even exist or am I just being stupid?

There is no end-game gear treadmill in this game, thank God.

You can craft the best gear (stat-wise) in the game (Ascended) – it’s expensive, and is gated behind daily crafting materials, so it will take some time. After that, it’s Fashion Wars 2.

Gear Progression/Raiding

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

So what does raiding bring to the table? (apart from the challenge, which I’m looking forward to)

Apart from the challenge and the minis, it brings Legendary Armor — which has stats the same as Ascended, but you can switch them (hypothetically) when out of combat.

Gear Progression/Raiding

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

Apart from the challenge and the minis, it brings Legendary Armor — which has stats the same as Ascended, but you can switch them (hypothetically) when out of combat.

that would require anet to release some of the conetent we bought with HoT instead of pushing living world 0-24

Gear Progression/Raiding

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

that would require anet to release some of the conetent we bought with HoT instead of pushing living world 0-24

Part of what I bought when I paid for the expansion is LS3 and more …. more content to be delivered thru LS episodes before they release the paid expansion.

Gear Progression/Raiding

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

Many groups will accept you if you have ascended trinkets and weapons. Focus on getting those first. Here’s how I recommend to get them:

Rings – Fractals, by random drop or pristine fractal relics
Accessories – guild missions. It will take about 2 weeks to get one accessory.
Amulet – laurels, or laurels + wvw tokens
Weapon – craft. Will take about 80-100 gold, plus the cost of getting the crafting profession to 500.
Backpiece – Either through fractals, mystic forge, mawdry, or pvp

Good luck!

Edit: there are other ways to acquire ascended stuff, but I recommend this method for your first set.

(edited by Absurdo.8309)

Gear Progression/Raiding

Lucasohai.6028

Many groups will accept you if you have ascended trinkets and weapons. Focus on getting those first. Here’s how I recommend to get them:

Rings – Fractals, by random drop or pristine fractal relics
Accessories – guild missions. It will take about 2 weeks to get one accessory.
Amulet – laurels, or laurels + wvw tokens
Weapon – craft. Will take about 80-100 gold, plus the cost of getting the crafting profession to 500.
Backpiece – Either through fractals, mystic forge, mawdry, or pvp

Good luck!

Edit: there are other ways to acquire ascended stuff, but I recommend this method for your first set.

Appreciate the detailed response. So used to the style of WoW, but since that kitten bored me to death so quick I could barely get past blues, this will be way better. Thanks again!

Gear Progression/Raiding

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

It would require them to release Raid Wing 3, so the Envoy Armor achievement category can be finished. You think they’re not going to release Wing 3? The Raid wings were never supposed to be released all at once and at the launch of HoT; that much they already communicated to us before the expansion was released. I get that people are jaded because of the whole legendary weapon debacle, but I get the feeling that some people are questioning everything now, and some even forgetting all the pre-HoT communication from ANet. Both the Raid and Living World were always supposed to be a part of this expansion, just not right away. With HoT you bought both, and many more things.

Gear Progression/Raiding

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I wouldn’t worry about raids.