Gem Exchange Fix where?

Gem Exchange Fix where?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Here’s the interface for exchanging gems for gold.

Hopefully someone can explain what they feel is wrong about this, because in both cases the amount is carefully parsed to the smallest denominator that I can see.

Are you concerned that you cannot buy 512 gold, 4 silver, and 93 copper? Well, that’s true, it’s not possible. But there’s no “cash grab” that I can see, and I’m trying to understand what your concerns are.

Ejem… If I buy 800 gems (with money) and then buy a outfit, I will have 100 gems. Now, 100 gems are worthless on the gem shop. My only option is to buy gold, right?

Before, that wasn’t a problem. Before we opened the gems interchange tab and voila! We were able to get as many gold/silver/copper we could and no worthless gems left.

But guess what? Now we can’t! Now our only option is to guess how many gold we must put and then find that now we can only change 99 gems for 13 golds.

What I’m supposed to do with 1 gem???

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So that’s the issue? That people get stuck with like less than 9 gems?

While it might be a bit vexing…this is hardly what you could call a cash grab. Wtb a reality check.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Hopefully someone can explain what they feel is wrong about this, because in both cases the amount is carefully parsed to the smallest denominator that I can see.

Are you concerned that you cannot buy 512 gold, 4 silver, and 93 copper? Well, that’s true, it’s not possible. But there’s no “cash grab” that I can see, and I’m trying to understand what your concerns are.

Each gem has a value. In the example you show, the value works out to 13s 2c. So, if you want to buy 513 gold, you’ll notice that you’ll have to spend 9 more gems, which actually works out to 513g 11s 82c. And yet, what you get is just the 513g. The 11s and 82c is gone.

This is, of course, assuming that the values shown in your picture are correct down to the copper. Which, as anyone can quickly deduce, is not the case.This is akin to paying for something with a 5 dollar gift card, and the cashier simply pocketing any change.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

It might seem like minimal thing, but people do find this important. To the penny pinchers (best term i could come up with), in the long run they would earn a lot less gold then they normal would.
I don’t think its to much of an issue to be able to sell the gem i have to get the exact amount of gems.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

daimasei.4091

Wow, they “fixed” this and now everything is on sale? Clever strategy indeed!

-ArenaNet

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

What do you do with 1 cent in change? Isn’t it the same thing?

Wow, they “fixed” this and now everything is on sale? Clever strategy indeed!

No, the team rushed to update the exchange because they knew there was a sale coming and didn’t want to cause disappointment. No strategy involved, just addressing player feedback.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Gem Exchange Fix where?

BobbyT.7192

So that’s the issue? That people get stuck with like less than 9 gems?

While it might be a bit vexing…this is hardly what you could call a cash grab. Wtb a reality check.

WTB the exact amount of gold i pay for. Loosing 11s might not be a big deal to some but it is to others. why should they be punished not getting exact change?

Gem Exchange Fix where?

daimasei.4091

There is no such thing as 1 cent in my country -_-

By the way, that cent isn’t free. Who buy money to never use it?

-ArenaNet

(edited by daimasei.4091)

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Pretty much and to be honest it isn’t really a big issue (although my OCD triggers slightly when it sees 9 lonesome gems in my window lol).

I think it boils down to it being a change and because it is such a tiny, tiny one in the grand scheme of things, people can’t wrap their heads round why the change exists – hence the confusion/feedback/conspiracy theories.

Personally I scratched my head briefly over not being able to exchange the little amount of gems and then moved onto to killing more bunnies..DRAGONS…I mean dragons….

p.s. I echo the sentiments of those who are grateful extra time was put in to fix the issue from the feedback, irrespective of whether the change should have happened or not originally.

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Gem Exchange Fix where?

BobbyT.7192

No, it be like i pay for an item that cost 4.75$, i give them 5.00$ and they keep the change.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

There is no such thing as 1 cent in my country -_-

By the way, that cent isn’t free. Who buy money to never use it?

There is probably a small currency that is on its own more or less useless however. Just like a cent.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

No, it be like i pay for an item that cost 4.75$, i give them 5.00$ and they keep the change.

So you would prefer that they simply rounded the price up in order to avoid getting uneven amounts of gems?

The gem to gold price is constantly moving so one of these days it is fully possible that those pointless little numbers will be usable.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gem Exchange Fix where?

BobbyT.7192

So you would prefer that they simply rounded the price up in order to avoid getting uneven amounts of gems?

The gem to gold price is constantly moving so one of these days it is fully possible that those pointless little numbers will be usable.

I prefer that they allow me to sell the amount of gems I want and I get exact amount of gold in return, silver and copper included.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I prefer that they allow me to sell the amount of gems I want and I get exact amount of gold in return, silver and copper included.

If I’m not mistaken, this is how it was before. That would mean they have the ability to do it again.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Saucermote.9140

Saucermote.9140

Allowing people to type in the amount of gems they wish to sell would resolve these complaints I believe. Perhaps only allow it in small amounts to prevent people from being shocked in fast price changes, but it should allow people who have a few gems left over to even out their numbers and/or liquidate the last of their supplies.

You don’t win friends with Salad.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

BobbyT.7192

Another note, if I’m trying to convert a certain amount of gems to gold. Let say 200 gems, I got to put in the exact amount of gold i think 200 gems is worth.

Is it 20 g? higher.
30 g? lower

It makes the whole process tedious and frustrating, I shouldn’t have to guess the going rate of gems.
It would be fair simpler, less frustrating, and (going to pull that card) a lot easier for new players to understand if we were able to input the amount of gems we have to get the exact amount of gold it’s worth. (I sound like a broken record -_-)

(edited by BobbyT.7192)

Gem Exchange Fix where?

BobbyT.7192

Perhaps only allow it in small amounts to prevent people from being shocked in fast price changes

Why? people will be upset over anything (like my rants for instants). That’s no excuse to not include that level of transparency.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

According to Gaile, they’re doing their best to have it implemented before halloween ends, but no promises:

It’s up, but even the new stuff is keeping the change when you turn gems into gold, so those of us that liked to do that are still worse off than before.

And yes, a few silver isn’t much, but it can still make a difference.

Cash grab is the only possible explanation. They’re rounding it like this on purpose. Rip a few silver off of each player and it ends up being a lot of gold.

Which does what exactly? All that gold that isn’t being doled out a couple silver at a time (less than the value of a single gem)? If it stays sequestered at the exchange then rates drop minutely slower when gold is bought. Sure, if you buy 100 g, one gold at a time you lose more than a single purchase of 100 g. Not to mention the non-linear exchange rate when buying/selling only 10 gems is at a significantly worse rate than 1000 gems.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Behellagh.1468

No, it’s not that we can’t buy 512 gold, 4 silver and 93 copper (I see that Oxford comma) for 3932 gems. It’s that before, assuming same exchange rate, the old exchange would give us 512 gold, 4 silver and 93 copper for those 3932 gems and now it just gives us 512 gold, keeping the 4 silver and 93 copper. That’s a distant waypoint hop at level 80. That’s the posting fee for a somewhat popular rare greatsword.

I understand that in this example 3932 gems is required to get at least 512 gold. But what’s the issue where we look to buy 512 gold and we get the 512 gold and a wee bit more for the exact value of those gems? If we buy 1000 gems, we have to pay down to the exact copper, why don’t we get paid down to the exact copper when we sell gems? That’s the issue. Your own documented API has a function the lists the exact amount of coin for whatever amount of gems.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API:2/commerce/exchange/gems

So why is it that when you convert the desired gold into the minimum required gems that you then can’t determine the exact amount of coin those gems are worth? Yes, over time it’s only 1/2 the average cost of a single gem we aren’t getting but we lose out every time we convert gems to gold. Sure it’s not a lot but how would you feel if you bought something and the merchant won’t give you the exact change and keeps anything under a dollar? Especially when they use to give exact change?

That’s the point here. Not that we can’t buy an exact amount of coin but that for the amount of gems we are exchanging, we should be getting those few extra silver and copper that the API says we should be getting.

And please don’t have them change the API to no longer reflect the “change”. That would be right up there with the time someone miscalculated the sale price on keys and instead of fixing the sale price, altered the original presale prices, just during the sale, so the wrong sale prices were now “right”. A move like that will likely reignite the forums.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

I think most people who trade gems to gold trade X amount of Gems instead of thinking of getting X amount of gold precisely.

To fix it the input box should be for the amount of gems to trade instead of the amount of gold to get. Like it was before it get broken in the name of hypothetical confused new player.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: meentje.8467

meentje.8467

I think most people who trade gems to gold trade X amount of Gems instead of thinking of getting X amount of gold precisely.

To fix it the input box should be for the amount of gems to trade instead of the amount of gold to get. Like it was before it get broken in the name of hypothetical confused new player.

This. I want to be able to trade the amount of gems I want.
Now, I’m left with a small (under 10) amount of gems I cannot use, but I paid for those.

I really appreciate the the time and effort Anet put into adding the custom exchange, but still not being able to trade the gems I want, still miss it.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

they are still milking the last drop from us by releasing the delaqua blade and all that shiztons of discount during this hot mess time and put a 3 days only to buy it. fun fun!

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Behellagh.1468

they are still milking the last drop from us by releasing the delaqua blade and all that shiztons of discount during this hot mess time and put a 3 days only to buy it. fun fun!

Not a problem now buying gems, you can now buy the exact number of gems you need for an exact amount of coin. The problems that are left are on the Gem selling side, not Gem buying.

RIP City of Heroes

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Yes. Thank to the fix I could buy the missing 287 gems I needed to get 1600. Then proceed to spend it all on stuff that wasn’t even on sale.

I never sell gems so the problem doesn’t affect me directly but I hope it gets fixed soon for anyone who do.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Varakkys.2490

Varakkys.2490

The problems that are left are on the Gem selling side, not Gem buying.

I wouldn’t say that. On the Gem buying side, there’s still the issue of the 40% price hike the day the Halloween patch hit. I find it pretty hard to swallow that there’s been no internal ‘adjustment’ of the exchange rate, no matter how much Anet denies it.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Behellagh.1468

Go here

https://www.gw2tp.com/gems

Select All and see the other time when we had a huge spike, before the exchange patch and when the anniversary sale hit and players rushed to the exchange to buy gems. Except this time they had to buy more gems that they needed due to the predetermined package sizes. So more gems got bought (or same amount over a shorter period of time) and BOOM, massive spike, 23.9% in a half an hour. It took another 19 hours before you got your 40+% spike. Then the sell off of gems began in earnest. In the next 8 hours the price dropped bellow that first 23.9% spike. And now it’s currently only up 15.8%.

This has followed the same pattern as any other time desirable items returned to the Gem Shop. And now with the return of those skins, last available at the anniversary sale, others will be buying more gems with gold.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

After the custom gem exchange was introduced I really feel like this additional bickering about a few silver or copper is completely unreasonable, although it is true that the changed system is not as good as the old one if you want gold for gems.

There is an easy way to explain the problem some people have.

In the old system, the currency “gold” was used for both calculations. If you bought gems, the price for those gems was calculated in gold. If you sold gems, the price for those gems was calculated in gold. This way, you always paid or received the exact amount of currency (gold, silver and copper) for the gems you traded.

In the new system this logic changed. When you now buy gems, the currency is still gold. You pay for x gems with y gold, silver and copper. But when you buy gold, the currency now are gems. You pay for x gold with y gems. As the currency “gem” has no subunits like “gem cents”, rounding to the next full gem will have to be performed for any amount of gold chosen.

With bigger amounts of gold this rounding of course becomes increasingly insignificant, but people buying very low amounts of gold obviously still feel “ripped off” by the changed system.

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Varakkys.2490

Varakkys.2490

And now it’s currently only up 15.8%

Except it’s not. How do I know? I was monitoring the price of gems daily for 2 months before the Halloween patch (early morning UK time to be specific). There was obviously variation, but 10g was buying me on average 75 gems (actual amount fluctuated between 70-80). Right now, 75 gems are listed at 13g 61s – that’s more than a 35% increase by my reckoning.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

I like the idea that if I urgently need, say 120g for something, I just input that number, pay my gems and away I go. Its lovely, and works well. The problem is if I have my gems, by the items I want and then just for the sake of using up everything, want to offload my remaining gems into gold. 2 issues present themselves. 1) There is no option to input your number of gems and just get the gold out. 2) Dealing only in gold as opposed to silver and copper makes it hard to use up everything still.

There is still the question of increased functionality in some areas but severely reduced functionality in others. It still isn’t that convenient for those who want to use up what they have. Its better than what it was a few days ago, but it still isn’t quite as precise or user-friendly as before.

More implementation of the previous system into this would sort it – allow gem inputs as well as gold on that the gem to gold part, perhaps same for gems to gold, and allow the full range of the ingame currency. Ok,, perhaps its not as big a deal for many, but its still the reduction in choice, which Anet seems to like to inflict upon us and a lot do bristle at.

And the ingame graphs showing fluctuations is still something that would be valued, as shown with the debate over prices here. Anet love their precious metrics, why not let us share that love as we could a few weeks ago.

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

I like the idea that if I urgently need, say 120g for something, I just input that number, pay my gems and away I go. Its lovely, and works well. The problem is if I have my gems, by the items I want and then just for the sake of using up everything, want to offload my remaining gems into gold. 2 issues present themselves. 1) There is no option to input your number of gems and just get the gold out. 2) Dealing only in gold as opposed to silver and copper makes it hard to use up everything still.

There is still the question of increased functionality in some areas but severely reduced functionality in others. It still isn’t that convenient for those who want to use up what they have. Its better than what it was a few days ago, but it still isn’t quite as precise or user-friendly as before.

More implementation of the previous system into this would sort it – allow gem inputs as well as gold on that the gem to gold part, perhaps same for gems to gold, and allow the full range of the ingame currency. Ok,, perhaps its not as big a deal for many, but its still the reduction in choice, which Anet seems to like to inflict upon us and a lot do bristle at.

And the ingame graphs showing fluctuations is still something that would be valued, as shown with the debate over prices here. Anet love their precious metrics, why not let us share that love as we could a few weeks ago.

Yeah, it’s still getting X FROM Y instead of converting X TO Y with regards to getting gold. I put in how much gold I want instead of converting what gems I want to whatever that works out to.

Right now it’s 9 gems to get 1 g but I may want to convert a 10 gems remainder to get whatever that is say 1g 11s 11c. And why does it the value of gems shift? Currently 1g is 9 gems, 10g is 82 gems and 100g is 803g. That’s like applying a bulk discount to an exchange rate or rather now we can’t see the graph or get an exact value; the loose remainders are being ignored and/or rounded up.

Edit – the max button is okay if you want to sell everything you have (left) but doesn’t allow for selling a specific amount out of what you have.
Edit 2 – the gems side is better, being able to pick select amounts to convert to is what was missing from the old exchange. Espcially as it could dynamically shift when you added silver and copper.

(edited by Tyger.1637)

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: MrPersons.1560

MrPersons.1560

I remember when I first started nearly a year ago, when I bought gems with gold, It was like 60g80s55c for 800 or something (good times) and as I gave more copper, that could make it change from say 799gems to 800. so if you only take gold, you are losing some silver and copper, but not too much. Would still like to be able to use gold/silver/copper and not just gold

Androcles Beartamer:Norn Warrior|Nadul the Mechanist: Charr Engineer|Espergem: Sylvari Elementalist
Sythern the Warlock: Human Necromancer| Lithia the Shadow: Human Theif
Lumata: Asura Mesmer|Arion of HonorHall: Human Guardian |Abigail the Tamer: Norn Hunter

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Udhir.6518

Udhir.6518

While I am grateful for getting the option to exchange Gems to Gold now, ANet is in effect short changing it. As others have said in this thread we (Gem> Gold buyers)loose silver and some copper in a transaction.

I have to ask ANet point blank, Would you go to a retail store and buy an Item and only get 95% of an Item you bought? In effect ANet this is what you are doing with your fix. Short changing your player-base is not an effective economic decision.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

Just talked about this in guild chat, What the hell anet. get your kitten togeather and fix it, NCsoft doesnt make every decision for you. you need to stand your ground as well.

Why do you believe this? NCSoft is Arenanets owner. Arenanet has no free will on anything that NCSoft demands.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

As others have said, there’s often a situation where you have a certain amount of gems you want to convert to gold. With the interface as it exists today, you need to guess the amount of gold and keep guessing until you get close to the amount of gems you had in mind to convert, and you’re often not able to get to the exact amount since you have to use 1 gold increments.

I’m sure there are also scenarios where you have a certain amount of gold you want, and you just want to know how many gems that will cost you.

It seems that the interface probably still needs a bit of tweaking to satisfy both scenarios.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

If I’m not mistaken, this is how it was before. That would mean they have the ability to do it again.

This! I simply want the old method back. Why is that so difficult? The reasoning for the change was that it was too confusing for new players. Well, I’m not a new player and I am thoroughly confused with the new and improved exchange. Why can’t I simply type in 550 gems and exchange that exact amount for gold? I would really appreciate an answer, because I do not understand why any part of the exchange process was changed in the first place!

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: ALdbeign.2863

ALdbeign.2863

Hi,
I don’t care about a “cash grab” issue, I would prefer however that when exchanging gems for gold, I could select the amount of gems I wanted to exchange.

Since this new custom window makes you choose the amount of gold you want to buy, we still have to struggle with using odd-ball amounts of gems to make our purchase. In addition, the field defaults back to one if you are trying to erase the entire number so you can put another amount in (so when trying to see how many gems it would cost for 20 gold after trying 19, i need to make it 29 then delete the 9 and replace it with a zero).

I would most prefer having it base the amount of “gold” off of how many gems i want to spend (I believe this is the main issues causing the “cash grab” accusations). However if (barring that) we could at least have those little up/down arrows like we do on quantities in other parts of the BLTC, it would be easier to find an amount of gold that actually worked out to an increment of 100 gems.

Thanks for your time and patience with us over this.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: andrew.1798

andrew.1798

It’s good that it’s back. My only complaint is that if you want gold, why would you put an arbitrary amount of gold in to get a number of gems that you most likely don’t have? As it stands now, if you want to exchange your gems not based on the tiered exchange list, you have to keep putting in values of gold until the number of gems you have matches what is needed.

I feel like it would be much easier to understand if you put in the number of gems you want to exchange and see how much gold you would get out of it.

It works the other way around where you want to put in the number of gems you want and see how much gold it costs. It’s hard for me to explain; maybe someone else understands what I’m getting at?

EDIT I now read and see others explaining the same issue.

(edited by andrew.1798)

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Behellagh.1468

And now it’s currently only up 15.8%

Except it’s not. How do I know? I was monitoring the price of gems daily for 2 months before the Halloween patch (early morning UK time to be specific). There was obviously variation, but 10g was buying me on average 75 gems (actual amount fluctuated between 70-80). Right now, 75 gems are listed at 13g 61s – that’s more than a 35% increase by my reckoning.

Yet you ignore the chart. 10 g for 75 gems is 13.33 gold per 100 gems. Well the rate went above 14 gold per 100 on Oct 7th. Even topped 16 gold per 100 on 14th before drifting back down. Now the rate varies throughout the day, within 1/2 gold or so every 30 minutes, and there were a few times after the 14th when the rate dropped below 14 gold per 100 but generally it was above that but below 15 gold.

Now a little before 6p EDT on the 21st, the rate pinged at 14.49 gold per 100 gems and that’s the baseline number I used, the local low just before the surge. Sure at just before 3:30a EDT on the 21st it was 13.58 gold but it was above 14 gold from 4a EDT on until the surge. That’s 14 hours or so.

Anyways, at this moment the rate is roughly 18.18 gold per 100 according to the API. When I wrote my previous post, it was only 16.78 gold. Like I said in that post, the return of the weapon skins, and the miscellaneous sale I forgot to mention, will likely surge the rate again. Not to mention that with the fix, those who had been holding off converting gold started using it again and between the two, the rate will bounce up.

Nature of the exchange.

RIP City of Heroes

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: FrostyBou.5491

FrostyBou.5491

Yeah I went to try and exchange my 405 gems for gold this evening and hit the max gold option which if I had gone through with the purchase would have left me with 6 gems. That’s not a very helpful amount to have… Needless to say I’m not exchanging my gems.

I’d really like it if the exchange went back to the old method of being able to exchange the exact number of gems you want to sell and get the exact amount they are worth based on the current exchange rate, none of this rounding to the nearest gold.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Behellagh.1468

Since unlike gold you can’t divide gems, it seems more logical to have the exchange designed around using gems as the input amount. I want to buy X gems. I want to sell Y gems. This way the fractional value can be expressed in copper.

I buy 100 gems for 17 g 66 s 95 c.
I sell 100 gems for 12 g 76 s 62c.

Right now 12 g is 94 gems and 13 g is 102 gems. I could never understand why players needed to buy an exact amount of gold rather than sell a specific number of gems. The only reason I can think is the line “math is HARD”.

RIP City of Heroes

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Mokai.2480

Mokai.2480

I like you Gaile, and I totally realize you’re not the one responsible for changes like these. Which makes it difficult for me to try to find the right words to contest your question here. :c

It’s not really the same thing. In the real world, one cent in change adds up. We have jobs, we get paid, those paychecks roll into one-another and before we know it those pennies get turned into dollars we can then go out to get lunch with or what have you.

Gems are different, though! We don’t get paid in gems. We don’t get to that point where we’ll be able to save up and make use of the spare bits that have become something larger. Trading in gold for gems is out of the question, naturally, since turning gold into gems so we can trade spare gems back into gold would be strange indeed!

In this case, the only way to ever make use of those extra gems is to spend more money. This is the same sort of stuff that Microsoft got labeled anti-consumer for when they rolled out Microsoft Points, ensuring users would always have an odd amount of currency left over to motivate them to buy more if they ever hoped to make use of it. I feel there are many users who feel this is exactly ArenaNet’s intention for the initial “fixed amount” revision of the currency exchange as well as the patched one, intentionally making the exchange unfriendly enough so users can’t have a sink for their spare gems.

I want to call ignorance here. I don’t want to believe these changes are a result of someone at ArenaNet deciding they wanted to pursue a more aggressive marketing method at the expense of the playerbase. But…. I don’t really know what other reason there could be. The original system was perfectly functional, other than the new player confusion aspects you all have mentioned previously. I’m not sure what, apart from a calculated anti-consumer strategy, would keep y’all from restoring the full functionality of the old exchange.

Microsoft Points were a much-loathed currency; you all do -not- want to seek to emulate that and bring unnecessary ill-will to yourselves and your players!

All of this may seem minor to you. To some extent, it is! A few gems would probably just pay for waypoint fees of a character I’m leveling for a week or two. It’s more about the message this change is sending us as players.

(edited by Mokai.2480)

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Palador.2170

Still no update on this?

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Mokai.2480

Mokai.2480

Aye, I’m still hoping for an update on this too. This isn’t something that’ll be forgotten by OCD folks like myself who’ll be bothered getting stuck with a weird leftover amount of unusable gems.

Alternative question/method: Can I ticket support when I have leftover gems, asking them to remove my leftovers? Can I also do this when I have, for example, 803 gems and I want it to be an even 800?

(edited by Mokai.2480)

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

Aye, I’m still hoping for an update on this too. This isn’t something that’ll be forgotten by OCD folks like myself who’ll be bothered getting stuck with a weird leftover amount of unusable gems.

Alternative question/method: Can I ticket support when I have leftover gems, asking them to remove my leftovers? Can I also do this when I have, for example, 803 gems and I want it to be an even 800?

They actually fixed what the thread is about awhile ago. At the bottom of the currency exchange screen there is an option to enter a custom amount.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Palador.2170

They actually fixed what the thread is about awhile ago. At the bottom of the currency exchange screen there is an option to enter a custom amount.

They fixed part of it. I’ve yet to see the ability to sell just a few gems, or to get the remaining silver and copper you’re due when you sell gems for gold.

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

They fixed part of it. I’ve yet to see the ability to sell just a few gems, or to get the remaining silver and copper you’re due when you sell gems for gold.

Didn’t you hear? It’s fixed. Totally and completely fixed. Nothing to see here, folks. Everything is as it should be.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Gem Exchange Fix where?

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Didn’t you hear? It’s fixed. Totally and completely fixed. Nothing to see here, folks. Everything is as it should be.

Agreed. Stop that annoyance, it’s just as it was before patch.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer