Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Awesome

The Burninator

Gold Transfer Changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: WingedDante.9821

WingedDante.9821

I wouldn’t think it would be a problem for friends, as they could just send you the money in 2 “payments”, one each week. If you already trust them enough to sell them a precursor in such a way, trusting them to make multiple payments shouldn’t be too much of a stretch.

I mean, sure, you have to wait two weeks to get all the gold, but I kind of doubt you’re so in need of 500 gold that you absolutely NEED it immediately.

The problem comes when that is only an specific trade, and you have the entire week to do more trades.

Actually, this might affect me even more than I though earlier. You can check my in-game historial right now to find an interesting log. Since i got more than 1000Gold and a really friendly guild (we know each other on real life), I usually give money to my guildies when they need it (as example to buy the black wings) and they return it to me on the next weeks.
In the past months I gifted 1250g for a precursor to a friend that I met on real life 1 month ago. Then later I gave 750g to another friend for a different precursor, 510g to a different one, 100g to another one, 100g to another one and 60g to another one. At this moment, all of them did return my money back (except 95g) and they did get their shiny item when they didn’t had enough money for it.

It was totally ok for me. If a close friend ask me for 700g to return it in 1 month, I would give the money to him without doubt, but now I won’t be able.

You see my point, right? I’m not selling gold, but this new “rule” will annoy the hell out of me. (Trying to give some criticism feedback).

Umm if someone is asking for 700g to be returned in 1 month then under this new system it still works. Since the cap is 500g/week, they will just have to wait 2 weeks to receive the 700g, thereby satisfying the within 1 month requirement.

Also re-read point 5: The maximum amount of gold that can be sent via a single in-game mail will be 500 gold.

They don’t say any limits on how much gold a person can send, just how much per ONE in-game mail. Thus this should not prevent you or anyone else from sending various amounts of gold to others.

The cap is per account per week. and it’s recieved, not sent, according to the literal wording of the post.

“Each account will have a limit on how much gold can be moved from its mail in-box and Guild Vault into its wallet each week”

[SG] Guardian Dante
WvW Commander/ PvP Brofessional

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Just like in real life…. if I run around with a fiver in my pocket, it is pretty much guaranteed to be gone at the end of the day because I pass many pastry and sandwich places on my way to work.

This is why we have piggy banks. Because they work.

And it works the same in guild wars, at least for me.

I have a personal guild bank (shared between me and my boyfriend, so without the risk of accidentally leaving it and losing all access to it). He stores his excess gold in the first bank tab and I in the second. In times of saving up, I deposit my gold at the end of the playing day. There is indeed times when I deposit and take out a lot of money. And even if it isn’t that much money – with the new system, if I took 100g out of the bank, and deposited it back, and repeated it four times, I’d already hit the limit – but with the same 100g over and over.

How to solve this: easy. Log a player’s “income” (messages + guild bank) as well as “outgoing money”. Only if the income exceeds outgoing money by 500g or more, restrict it.

This way, guild raffles (as long as they were held within the week), personal piggy banks, and lending/loaning money would kind of sort of still work.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

I approve of this message as this would also slow guilds for buying/paying guilds/tranfers to fill coverage gaps during WvW tournaments.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

I agree with the others. Let’s upgrade the mail system instead of crippling those who do a lot of fund transfers. People shouldn’t have consequences for other’s actions. I’m part of a large guild that deals with over 1,000-2,000g per week from all the members and gold is flying all over the place in an organized chaotic way. This new system would cripple how our guild operates and would require extra people to transfer funds which is a big problem for people with trust issues already.

Maguuma Guardian

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

As far as gold storage and guild banks.
I really don’t see the difference between the personal bank, and guild banks.
Gold storage was remove from personal banks, and added to the wallet.
You want to store gold? Use a guild bank. Don’t want anyone to access it? Create your own personal guild, and buy the upgrades. Its really a non issue.
There really are very few situations where you would need to store extra gold in a guild bank and have to retrieve more than 500g a week.
“But I put it in there so I don’t spend it!”
Well if that is truly a concern, then maybe a little self control, and a change in your spending habits might be in order.
Over all though, I think that the negative impacts that this has on those storing gold is very minimal, and probably won’t be noticed much at all.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Costeleta.7236

Costeleta.7236

Wait, but this doesnt stop anyone from mailing a precursor or some other expensive item which can just be sold for a similar cost, right?

Just a nobody

Gold Transfer Changes

JediYoda.1275

Wait, but this doesnt stop anyone from mailing a precursor or some other expensive item which can just be sold for a similar cost, right?

No….. just gold for now and I’m sure Anet will watch the Meta data for any paterns of abuse.

(edited by JediYoda.1275)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

Xdmatt — this is great, what a fine community spirit you’re showi… wait a minute, I see what you did there!

Iason — I am not sure about the answer to this. As pdavis and mtpelion point out, the wallet is account bound and does not have a limit. So I’m curious why you feel a second storage option is needed.

steve and others — I will ask about the functionality of a “sent items” system. However, off the top of my head I suspect that implementing such functionality would not be a trivial or easy process, and I can see it would involve several teams (programming, UI, art, etc.). As Ic points out, it may be seen as more a QoL factor than an essential system change. But again, I’ll see what I can find out or a dev may post here to answer this question.

suffish — I have not heard that there’s a motivation factor involving preventing player-to-player trading. As the statement says, this is about curbing fraud, RMT, and the oft-related account thefts.

Rising Dusk — another question I’ll need to ask. But when accounts are proven to have been hacked, the account is restored (rolled back) so would that not accomplish the same thing that you’re proposing? And wouldn’t doing what you propose make restorations a moot factor?

hrasna — you’ve hit a very important point here: This change will impact very, very few players. In fact, in previous statistical reviews, the percentage of players who would be impacted would be in the low single digits.

thank you, its more than enough since you’ve seen it

Proud TTS member

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Forbes.1569

Forbes.1569

This is going to be very problematic for the officers of large guilds. For example, guild events such as lotteries often require guild leaders to handle hundreds of gold every week/month. Our pot last week was 800g which, under the new system, would be to large for any one person to collect or send weekly.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Scott.1653

Scott.1653

…………..april fools

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

On top of that, I did get 100g more than if I would use the TP to sell it and he did get the precursor for 50g less than if he used the TP to buy that (that’s how much the fee takes).

Don’t be fooled, it’s not all about gold sellers. This is also a way for Anet to discourage this behavior, so that their TP gold sink is always working.

Gold Transfer Changes

Pixelpumpkin.4608

There really are very few situations where you would need to store extra gold in a guild bank and have to retrieve more than 500g at a time.

But we’re talking about 500g(max) not at a time, but across a week of playing. And once you take the money out and put it back in – the same gold will count again the next time you take it out. So even if you only own 50g (but take it out of your guild bank 10 times in 7 days) you will hit the limit.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

99% of the time we will not notice this change, but like the mail spam function, we will notice it that 1% and it will impact our game play (immersion)… Punishing the whole group for a few peoples actions is draconian.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Dhan Rahl.8493

Dhan Rahl.8493

Dear ANet, you do realize that Gold Sellers will now pick a highly liquid asset that represents approximate gold value (i.e. Globs of Ectoplasm) and use that instead, right? Of course, they’ll continue to use +500g immediate sales as well.

I’ve seen similar measures done by other MMOs and guess what happens? Alternate items are used instead and it’s a very vicious cycle.

Limiting gold transfer rates does not work. Monitoring and then quickly freezing/holding suspicious activity like a credit card company does work (quick release logic, is the send on the receivers friend list/in his or her guild/did they actually send a reply or to message, were they recently in a party, etc.). The KEY to gold sellers is quick delivery. If the gold sellers can’t guarantee a 48-hour or less turnaround, they go out of business as word gets around.

This is bad bad bad. Stop before you reinvent the economy for players. At best you killed a portion of the Gold Sellers gold assets (which they stole) from the 15% gold lost from Trading Post fees. BUT that all that doesn’t stop the hacking and only effectively increases the outside sale price of gold by 15%. At worst, you just upended the trading post economy and lots more legit playing and core players will lose out on the new screwed up economy.

Thanks for the Glob of Ectoplasm rise … doh ><

This right here. I feel that putting a cap on something like this will result into what GW1 trading devolved into: selling items with a fixed ecto or amulet rate simply to bypass this system, which will flood map chat and more importantly the LFG system which is also what happened in GW1…was hard to find parties simply due to the 50+ trade parties.

Instead why not try a CoD (Cash on Delivery) system for mail that exceeds a certain amount of gold, or something that requires both parties to confirm before excepting large amounts of gold like the trading of precusors or legendaries. As somebody else mentioned in this thread already, this will kill guild raffles in a heartbeat, as a lot of large communities survive on the donations, and the easiest way to recieve donations is to hold raffle when the incentive is to win possibly 500g or more. If anything it will force them to again barter with items from the TP which is a huge lose of gold for something so expensive.

Another idea is to just add in a system that’s only purpose is to verify the transfer of gold between accounts, and when a transfer exceeds an amount (say 500g), it raises a flag for one of the GMs or Junior GMs to verify before the transfer is completed.

Another idea again is to gift gems to people to use as a medium for gold so it doesn’t default to the GW1 bartering style, since they either have to be bought with gold, or actual currency.

I just don’t think a limit should be put on this, especially when servers help transfer guilds over, which is about 250g~ per person.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

dear arena net people

i see a problem in this
due to the limit of mails a account can send within a short time hackers already made it like selling all the items instantly on tp and then send the gold..

now they can do the same and then end up with instabuying reaaallly expensive stuff like precursors

sure this will lower the reward the hacker will end up getting
(reward is the wrong word srry .. but i dont get the word i mean in englisch)
but i doubt this will really solve the problems…
(in fact this will disturb the markets even more than it does already)

i really hope you can add something like

players can mark items in their possesion to
untradeable and unsellable for a few days
so that we can sell it but only after a short time)

ONLY IF WE CHOOSE TO DO SO!!

to not kill traders
that would disturb hackers probably more than your idea would

anyway..^^

lets hope for the best

(btw.. what about SAB? )

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Hence why I am asking about our personal banks getting back the ability for us to store gold. It was a feature we had, that we lost and ArenaNet staff told us to use a personal guild bank. All I am asking for is clarification on whether or not they have the intention to add personal gold storage back to our personal banks.

But the question is why do we need that? We already can store gold, it’s just that it happens automatically and it can be accessed from anywhere and on any character.

• I doubt very much if ANet staff told us to use a personal guild bank. My memory is that they said (in response to a question) that it was permitted.
  • Some people like to store gold outside the wallet to reduce their spending, using the out-of-sight/out-of-mind technique.
    • The new system allows this, at a limit of 500g/week.
    • An alternative is to put in TP buy offers that are too low to get fulfilled. For example, offer 1,000 gold for Eternity, or 4 gold for 250 Superior Runes of Holding. Cancel the offers when you want the gold (no limits from the TP).

The original thread has been deleted by ANet with the forum reorganization. But here is what was said. ANet did tell players to use the personal guild bank route.

(Per Martin Kerstein): page 5 of thread listed below

It is not as simple as having both, it is something that is within the code and the interaction of multiple different elements of the game. So it might look like an easy thing on the outside – under the hood there is a lot of programming magic going on.

So if you need to have a bankspace to protect yourself from – well – yourself, you have to use the “individual guild” route.

Please see this thread: (for answers to your question and other questions):

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/jubilee/Token-Wallet-Thank-you-a-net/first

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I went looking through a lot of the MMOs I play and a lot of them have a gold storage option. It makes me wonder why a lot of the people criticizing my opinion of not having a personal bank option to store gold are doing so.
What’s so hard about understanding that I want a place to put my gold I want to save?

What’s so hard about understanding that I also want access to all my gold when I want to access it and not on a per week basis?

Whether or not I have that much gold is moot. I don’t want to be told how much of my money I can have access to at any given time.

Storing gold in banks should just be a standard issue MMO thing. Putting caps on what I can share with characters or friends or whatever is (and I mean no disrespect) flat out garbage.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Gold Transfer Changes

pdavis.8031

There really are very few situations where you would need to store extra gold in a guild bank and have to retrieve more than 500g at a time.

But we’re talking about 500g(max) not at a time, but across a week of playing. And once you take the money out and put it back in – the same gold will count again the next time you take it out. So even if you only own 50g (but take it out of your guild bank 10 times in 7 days) you will hit the limit.

In what situation would you need to take out 50g, and put it back in at least 10 times in a weeks time?
In what situation does the average player need to remove amounts of gold multiple times a week?

I can see maybe some potential issues with larger guilds doing raffles and such, but that can easaily be worked around by allowing a few more people to withdraw some gold to send to the winner. And the winner might have to wait a bit to get the full prize. But its more of a minor inconveniece than anything, and one that can be circumvented with items instead of gold.

(I’ll edit my post, I misspoke about the time frame).

recognize my command!”

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: conn.2097

conn.2097

Wouldn’t it be smarter to limit the amount of gold people are sending, not receiving? I’m against those restrictions in any form, but still curious.

In its current form, gold sellers can still send 1000 gold to 1000 different people, the customers just receive the whole sum 1 week (at maximum) later.
Also hackers will be able to mail all the money to their main accounts, they just receive it later. If it was the other way around, they couldn’t empty accounts that have over 500g.

Also, personal banks would be great to have again.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Wouldn’t it be smarter to limit the amount of gold people are sending, not receiving? I’m against those restrictions in any form, but still curious.

Gold sellers probably have multiple accounts however. So even if it was a limit on sending they could just use other accounts to bypass it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Good change I would say.

The amount of people being effected by this is probably rather few, while at the same time it does make it quite a bit harder for the gold-sellers.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Not wanting to have access to your entire stash of gold has been a valid concern since the wallet was introduced.

Who walks around IRL with their entire life savings in their back pocket? There are plenty of valid reasons as to why a player would not want immediate access to the entire savings. Some players do not mind having access to the entire savings at all times, but others do.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

On top of that, I did get 100g more than if I would use the TP to sell it and he did get the precursor for 50g less than if he used the TP to buy that (that’s how much the fee takes).

Don’t be fooled, it’s not all about gold sellers. This is also a way for Anet to discourage this behavior, so that their TP gold sink is always working.

There are far simpler ways for ANet to increase gold sinks that do not generate as much controversy or inconvenience.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Gold Transfer Changes

JediYoda.1275

Make all high end items and gold non mailable

Gold Transfer Changes

Pixelpumpkin.4608

In what situation would you need to take out 50g, and put it back in at least 10 times in a weeks time?
In what situation does the average player need to remove amounts of gold multiple times a week?

I can see maybe some potential issues with larger guilds doing raffles and such, but that can easaily be worked around by allowing a few more people to withdraw some gold to send to the winner. And the winner might have to wait a bit to get the full prize. But its more of a minor inconveniece than anything, and one that can be circumvented with items instead of gold.

I do that all the time

At the end of my playing day, I deposit everything except maybe 5g. Then a few days later I decide to make a few purchases or level a craft, so I take money (generously) out of the guild bank. I deposit the leftovers back (these are often more than 50g at a time). Then the next day maybe I craft some damask or whatever, and deposit the money in the bank. Then the next day I decide that it is a good day to buy ectos, and help myself to a generous portion of gold (better than to be a few gold short and having to run back and forth between the guild bank and the TP multiple times), deposit the rest. And so on. I do have sort of a GW routine, but what I play on any day varies a lot. Within 7 days, I will easily hit a 500g limit, whether or not (at the time) I own 500g (most of the time I do not).

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

Why would I take the same 50g in and out of my bank 7 times in a week?

Been playing since early beta, have buckets of achievements, and a bank full of crap with lots of extra tabs.

Of course, I’m the sort of player who has no interest in a legendary and feels happy to have over a 100g. I sent my wife a 100g last week so she could do some crafting. Biggest transfer I ever made.

If I’m going to play finances, I’ll do it in the real world (which I do).

Honestly, I’m trying to figure out what game some people are playing here. Why aren’t they playing Eve? Now there’s a game with an economy!

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: DemonNinja.1602

DemonNinja.1602

This will not stop gold sellers. The gold has to come from the game and if the game’s economy is so jacked up that this dramatic action needs to be taken than maybe you should devalue the currency? Make gem to gold transfers comparable with gold sellers then people will just buy gold from you, and then increase the amount of gold for things.

I still don’t understand why you guys took repair costs out of the game, there is very little money being removed from the economy now other than TP and WP fees which are nil compared to the money being created…

Also, how will this effect transactions over 500g on the AH for some of the expensive skins, precursors, and legendary weapons? Are you really going to make people wait a month to get the full value of the item they sold? Or even multiple small transactions? “The maximum total amount of gold that an individual player account can accept in a week will be 500 gold.” I could liquidate all my assets right now for about 3000 gold, and you are telling me I would have to wait over a month to get all that? That is ridiculous.

Instead of putting a band-aid on a hemorrhaging wound why don’t you guys find the actual root cause of the problem and address that? Just simply pulling a data base file on the amount of gold being transferred is not a good use case scenario since the law of average here destroys the people who are very active or even play the TP.

This is probably the worst design decision to date I have seen you guys make. Very disappointed.

Aerilon Starsider
Elementalist Extraordinaire
http://twitch.tv/dustydemonninja

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: CrAcKeDmUfFiN.9402

CrAcKeDmUfFiN.9402

Really don’t like this change. As someone who allocates different portions of my daily in-game earnings into different vaults within my personal guild bank, I only see this creating problems. It’s far too easy to tell people to “just keep your money in your account vault”, yet we can see that guild banks have become a tool for managing gold in a more sophisticated fashion than the in-game equivalent of throwing all of your cash into a big pile on the floor.

It’s far easier to resist the temptation to spend money when you have to go out of your way to get it all out of a guild bank, but it’s also much easier to see: “I earned twenty gold today because I started at two gold and I am now at twenty-two gold. I’ll put 16 into this tab and 4 into this tab”. Whereas, the option of only using the account wallet forces you to remember exactly how much gold you had the day before.

I’m not going to ask for crazy sophisticated tools to track and save in-game gold, but I dislike the idea that I’ll be another step away from my own gold because I chose to responsibly manage it.

Slow Down

Grab the Wall

Gold Transfer Changes

JustTrogdor.7892

Also, how will this effect transactions over 500g on the AH for some of the expensive skins, precursors, and legendary weapons? Are you really going to make people wait a month to get the full value of the item they sold? Or even multiple small transactions? “The maximum total amount of gold that an individual player account can accept in a week will be 500 gold.” I could liquidate all my assets right now for about 3000 gold, and you are telling me I would have to wait over a month to get all that? That is ridiculous.

The change does not affect the trading post.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Gold-Transfer-Changes/first#post4931494

Gold received from the Trading Post is not subject to this limit.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

. It is designed to prevent rapid and abusive transfers of gold that may be part of account takeovers, fraud, and RMT (gold selling).

The only thing that will happen now is that gold sellers will now only sell a max of 500G, thus bypassing the system, or they will link gold to the value of an item on the TP worth thousands, buy it, mail the item and buyer sells the item for instant gold.

As for account takeovers/hacked accounts, you already said that the accounts are rolled back so why is this needed exactly, granted if you can only send out 500G at a time you maybe only have to track 1 person who received it, but if someones account who has say 3000 gold on it gets taken over, whats to stop the person doing it, buying a legendary outright, mailing it off, then the person receiving it selling it, BAM instant 2000+ gold.

The idea on paper works, but in reality it does not, and its going to really be detrimental to a lot of big big guilds and people who do massive community driven events.

Gold Transfer Changes

pdavis.8031

I do that all the time

At the end of my playing day, I deposit everything except maybe 5g. Then a few days later I decide to make a few purchases or level a craft, so I take money (generously) out of the guild bank. I deposit the leftovers back (these are often more than 50g at a time). Then the next day maybe I craft some damask or whatever, and deposit the money in the bank. Then the next day I decide that it is a good day to buy ectos, and help myself to a generous portion of gold (better than to be a few gold short and having to run back and forth between the guild bank and the TP multiple times), deposit the rest. And so on. I do have sort of a GW routine, but what I play on any day varies a lot. Within 7 days, I will easily hit a 500g limit, whether or not (at the time) I own 500g (most of the time I do not).

Then you must fall into the low single digit percentage of players this will have an effect on…

hrasna — you’ve hit a very important point here: This change will impact very, very few players. In fact, in previous statistical reviews, the percentage of players who would be impacted would be in the low single digits.

Overall I think this is overreaction, and that a very large and significant percentage of players either won’t notice or even care.

recognize my command!”

Gold Transfer Changes

JediYoda.1275

This change only affects what is MAILED, if you make 2,000 gold on TP you get it all once not 500g at a time.

From OP
4.Gold received from the Trading Post is not subject to this limit

(edited by JediYoda.1275)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: timmay.2613

timmay.2613

Dear ANet, you do realize that Gold Sellers will now pick a highly liquid asset that represents approximate gold value (i.e. Globs of Ectoplasm) and use that instead, right? Of course, they’ll continue to use +500g immediate sales as well.

I’ve seen similar measures done by other MMOs and guess what happens? Alternate items are used instead and it’s a very vicious cycle.

Limiting gold transfer rates does not work. Monitoring and then quickly freezing/holding suspicious activity like a credit card company does work (quick release logic, is the send on the receivers friend list/in his or her guild/did they actually send a reply or to message, were they recently in a party, etc.). The KEY to gold sellers is quick delivery. If the gold sellers can’t guarantee a 48-hour or less turnaround, they go out of business as word gets around.

This is bad bad bad. Stop before you reinvent the economy for players. At best you killed a portion of the Gold Sellers gold assets (which they stole) from the 15% gold lost from Trading Post fees. BUT that all that doesn’t stop the hacking and only effectively increases the outside sale price of gold by 15%. At worst, you just upended the trading post economy and lots more legit playing and core players will lose out on the new screwed up economy.

This

Other complaints are all personal. This is the main reason this change should not happen. It will affect all players.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Marin Alacet.8723

Marin Alacet.8723

How does Arenanet intend to manage the situation of Guilds pooling money for events or otherwise?

Raffles, WvW supplies, Providing for a Server Transfer, Events in general: Large guilds deal with large amounts of money. This is going to cripple the operations of many large guilds, especially WvW focused ones.

So I want to hear, what’s going to be done about this? I assume nothing.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

This

And the economists at ArenaNet are smart enough to know this. Yet they do it anyways. Maybe that is part of the reasoning behind it?

In my opinion, part of the reasoning behind not letting us have gold storage is leaving us with the temptation to spend said gold on gems or back into the economy. I would imagine the economists are aware of the metrics and research behind employing such methods for that as well.

It would be nice to actually get a response to my original query though instead of just being asked why I want it. I think enough people here have stated reasons as have I. I still haven’t gotten a response as to whether or not we will get personal gold storage back.

I have said what I wanted to say now.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

So does this mean that if I directly mail 500 gold from my account to another’s account I will be able to without being permanently banned? I ask because I have mailed less than this, on two separate occasions, both receiving permanent bans for gold selling. Obviously, these were overturned and deemed mistakes by support, but it was an inconvenience to deal with.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk — another question I’ll need to ask. But when accounts are proven to have been hacked, the account is restored (rolled back) so would that not accomplish the same thing that you’re proposing? And wouldn’t doing what you propose make restorations a moot factor?

A restoration would indeed work, now that you mention it, so long as a restoration could be made as close to when the account was actually hacked as possible.

My second question related to money laundering is still an issue, and others have brought it up as well. Players will use liquid item assets to move “value” around, and this will have a negative effect on the economy as a whole in response. A hacker could just as easily convert 5000g into 5 Dusks and send those in one mail instead of sending the 5000g. Is there any sort of limitation also being placed on this? If not, I fear this changed system won’t do what you guys want it to do, it’ll just make things harder for the people doing things legitimately.

I will reiterate that this affects me very negatively as I store multiple thousands of gold in guild banks in order to keep it out of my wallet and better manage what I am allowing myself to spend at any given time. If I can’t access my own gold when I want it, then that’s bad and is removing legitimate functionality. I wish we had gold storage in our personal banks back; that would address my issue with this change.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Rainiris.1975

Rainiris.1975

Iason — I am not sure about the answer to this. As pdavis and mtpelion point out, the wallet is account bound and does not have a limit. So I’m curious why you feel a second storage option is needed.

I need to add an extra answer to this portion. Players are using personal guild vaults as a method to self manage themselves. It’s the same as taking a small part of your money off your pocket to buy ‘that hot expansion’ the day its off, without having to worry if that day you’ll have the money to.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

if you can’t hold onto gold because “it’s there” that is a personal problem….and one that might need to be addressed by professional help, come on….take responsibility for your own actions; anet doesn’t need to babysit impulsive people.

Sincerly, Me.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: HairChalice.2315

HairChalice.2315

Is there any way to link known alt accounts so that the limit can be ignored? For example, when the $10 sale comes up I buy alt accounts and send my harvests to my main.

Also, I have some old guildmates who were married and one got banned for sending his wife money to buy a precursor.

Linking long term accounts such as these as “verified friends” or some such would be beneficial.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Falkor.7932

Falkor.7932

I don’t know if it’s been stated already, but the reason to put your money in guild bank, or previously personal bank, was to set money aside that you would not (or COULD not) use, when saving for a large purchase.

“One time! I slightly blew some of us up one time, and you won’t let it go.”
- Explorer Bekk

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Mar.4839

Mar.4839

I wouldn’t think it would be a problem for friends, as they could just send you the money in 2 “payments”, one each week. If you already trust them enough to sell them a precursor in such a way, trusting them to make multiple payments shouldn’t be too much of a stretch.

I mean, sure, you have to wait two weeks to get all the gold, but I kind of doubt you’re so in need of 500 gold that you absolutely NEED it immediately.

The problem comes when that is only an specific trade, and you have the entire week to do more trades.

Actually, this might affect me even more than I though earlier. You can check my in-game historial right now to find an interesting log. Since i got more than 1000Gold and a really friendly guild (we know each other on real life), I usually give money to my guildies when they need it (as example to buy the black wings) and they return it to me on the next weeks.
In the past months I gifted 1250g for a precursor to a friend that I met on real life 1 month ago. Then later I gave 750g to another friend for a different precursor, 510g to a different one, 100g to another one, 100g to another one and 60g to another one. At this moment, all of them did return my money back (except 95g) and they did get their shiny item when they didn’t had enough money for it.

It was totally ok for me. If a close friend ask me for 700g to return it in 1 month, I would give the money to him without doubt, but now I won’t be able.

You see my point, right? I’m not selling gold, but this new “rule” will annoy the hell out of me. (Trying to give some criticism feedback).

Umm if someone is asking for 700g to be returned in 1 month then under this new system it still works. Since the cap is 500g/week, they will just have to wait 2 weeks to receive the 700g, thereby satisfying the within 1 month requirement.

Also re-read point 5: The maximum amount of gold that can be sent via a single in-game mail will be 500 gold.

They don’t say any limits on how much gold a person can send, just how much per ONE in-game mail. Thus this should not prevent you or anyone else from sending various amounts of gold to others.

The cap is per account per week. and it’s recieved, not sent, according to the literal wording of the post.

“Each account will have a limit on how much gold can be moved from its mail in-box and Guild Vault into its wallet each week”

Yes but my example is for the person talking about sending different amounts of gold to other people. Of which Gaile has not listed anything about there being a limit on Person A sending gold to Person B, or C, or D, or E. Just that Persons B/C/D/E will only be able to receive a maximum of 500g a week. Whereas Person A can send 400g a piece to Person B/C/D/E (totaling 1600g Sent).

The limit is only about accepting gold, not sending it.

EDIT: Failed at Maths

(edited by Mar.4839)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Be ready for the mailing system to crash on or around the weekly reset time as all transactions above 500g will now take place then. Let’s hope stuff isn’t ’lost in the post ’.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Can’t the abusers of the current system completely circumvent it via…

1) using multiple accounts
2) converting gold into items

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Example: Putting a single bid for a precursor on the trading post. Guess what, you can’t do that now if you didn’t plan for it a week in advance that you would have the gold when the precursor price in within range. … I could think of a hundred other examples.

However, if ANet also introduced a “restricted gold” amount in your wallet (i.e. in-game interface to divide readily accessible gold for purchases behind a secondary password on the account) then at least this part is alleviated.

BUT the Gold Sellers will simply move on to Gold-equivalent digital assets like Globs of Ectoplasm (or per Reddit, Silver Doubloons or Lodestones which I hadn’t thought of prior) and dodge around the issue. All of these items are fairly stable and relatively liquid in the economy. A semi-sophisticated Gold Seller will even offer what items you want the gold-value asset in.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

I have 2 accounts and i send my main account more than 500g per week EVERY week. This is stupid really. The limit should be more than 500g in a game where you can make 100g per day easily by farming.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

I have 2 accounts and i send my main account more than 500g per week EVERY week. This is stupid really. The limit should be more than 500g in a game where you can make 100g per day easily by farming.

Anet, I appreciate that you need to keep out the RMT people, but there are many people who have multiple accounts that they use to craft and trade in larger volumes.

I think you should add a way to let people with multiple accounts link them together – perhaps with an ID or credit card verification or some thing similar to allow legitimate players to remain relatively unaffected by this.

Assuming the impact to legit players is unintentional and this isn’t just a way to reign in people doing distributed crafting or trading.

500g in a week is nothing.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

500g? wow, I was expecting like 100g limit, looks like everybody has more gold than me

(edited by NeHoMaR.9812)

Gold Transfer Changes

JustTrogdor.7892

Cool

The Burninator