Guild Missions [merged]

Guild Missions [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: stobie.2134

stobie.2134

Ok, that explains a conversation I heard in chat last night. I thought it had to be a misunderstanding or glitch. I thought your chosen mission spawned the bounty.

Well! That’s going to foster good feelings all around!

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Just read this issue as well- basically people went into the event area and did not participate so the npc scaled but did not have the correct amount of people attacking it. The guild failed because the npc was scaled too high from people dancing.

Wow what a mess in all honesty.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/19lk2n/i_beg_you_please_dont_come_to_stand_to_guild/

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Myste.3291

Myste.3291

I have one more question – When the Mission starts, are you supposed to run blind through 15 different zones, to find where your mob is … or is it supposed to say “Your NPC is somewhere in whichever place” ?

From looking it up on Dulfy’s site?

You get a riddle about where your quarry was last seen or what they do. Such as a pirate “seen hiding amongst ale casks” which translates to “he’s in a barrel somewhere in a region with pirates”. Another specifically calls out “he’s with the karka” and there’s NO mistaking where you can find him then.

We didn’t get anything at all … just a timer.

Myste Stormme – 80 Ele; Oricle Myste – 80 Mes; Mystestormme – 80 Guardian;
Stormjayde – 80 Necro; Myste Dawn – 80 Ranger; Mysterayne – 80 Engi
Aurora Glade EU Server

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

I have been trying to speculate why there hasn’t been very much response to this thread.

I am sure a lot of time was invested in this content as well as the future direction of the whole guild event project. It probably isn’t easy to modify that much content without doing what has been suggested many times here, thoroughly testing it.

We have given them a lot of great suggestions to consider.

I myself have been guilty on this very thread of throwing the dev’s words back in their face when it didn’t match up to what I had envisioned.

If I were a developer, I would be very sure of the next comments that were delivered in regards to this thread.

I don’t think they can/will ignore the issue. But they will have to be very careful how they make changes.

I guess they could say something innocuous like “We do hear you and we are working on a suitable modification.”

I am tired of waving my pitchfork, gonna go find a frosty mug. Life is too short.

Nope. I think most of us don’t expect them to come up with a solution right away. What we do expect is some sort of life sign. A simple “Hey guys, we’re actively reading all your suggestions and concerns and we are working on a way to fix this and explain our point of view in a blog post later. When we are done we’ll present you with the new solution and see what you guys think of it.”

This would cool down everyone and would ease the conversation. But, this would involve communication, and from past experience I conclude that they just don’t give a kitten.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Guild Missions [merged]

stobie.2134

I have one more question – When the Mission starts, are you supposed to run blind through 15 different zones, to find where your mob is … or is it supposed to say “Your NPC is somewhere in whichever place” ?

You get a riddle about where your quarry was last seen or what they do. Such as a pirate “seen hiding amongst ale casks” which translates to “he’s in a barrel somewhere in a region with pirates”. Another specifically calls out “he’s with the karka” and there’s NO mistaking where you can find him then.

Really? Well, maybe your bounty was the one that lingers invisible in that place where your character goes when you use a leap or pop back & suddenly find yourself embedded in invisible terrain! (thanks to my mesmer, thief, & guardian, who tend to get lodged in terrain rather frequently)

Which one did you get?

I have to admit – I LOVE tracking things down. It’s like Easter. I should hire myself out as a thief to go scouting. (in the sense that they could say, ‘you can do it,’ & I’d probably pay them…) But it might be nice to have something more to go on than “Name… Go!”

Guild Missions [merged]

stobie.2134

Just read this issue as well- basically people went into the event area and did not participate so the npc scaled but did not have the correct amount of people attacking it. The guild failed because the npc was scaled too high from people dancing.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/19lk2n/i_beg_you_please_dont_come_to_stand_to_guild/

Ok, I just read that… The other guild came in to DANCE?
Is there something in the air lately? Worldwide ‘be a jerk’ pollen or something? Why would anyone do this? I am peevish at the lack of inclusion, but I get so excited when I see a guild working on one – I cannot wait to help! (assuming I’m not on my thief, I might really be of some value other than lying around dead. There’s always some class you just don’t play well…)

That is horrible. They ought to flat out suspend/ban/slap the dancing guild. Who ARE these people? What is it with MMOs?

No, as I think about it, this is a direct result of this Mission system. If you allow this kind of thing in the parameters you set, this kind of thing WILL happen. It will happen because a certain percentage of any culture, any society, are jerks. WoW did very little to contain it – they seemed to encourage it. But GW2 went WAY out of their way to avoid it. We can rez each other, we can’t steal kills (without a whole lot of effort – jerks still find a way, but the impact was minimal) We share gathering nodes. We share quests.

It’s a great idea to give guilds something to do as a team. But did you REALLY need to set it to Lord of the Flies specifications?

(edited by stobie.2134)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Really? Well, maybe your bounty was the one that lingers invisible in that place where your character goes when you use a leap or pop back & suddenly find yourself embedded in invisible terrain! (thanks to my mesmer, thief, & guardian, who tend to get lodged in terrain rather frequently)

Which one did you get?

I have to admit – I LOVE tracking things down. It’s like Easter. I should hire myself out as a thief to go scouting. (in the sense that they could say, ‘you can do it,’ & I’d probably pay them…) But it might be nice to have something more to go on than “Name… Go!”

It’s . . . buried, you need to go into Guild > Upgrades and look. It’s in there, and it’s clunky. The UI needs a tweak.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

I’m sure the issue has been raised but I’d like to put my voice in regardless. Bigger and active guilds will have little issue completing the requirements to access these events however smaller or less active guilds have little chance. It took my guild of 20 or so friends 4 months to get architecture 5, how on earth will we ever afford these events? This was something we were really looking forward to as well, it got a few excited to come back to the game only to be disappointing. Initially it read that it simply would be there for everyone, day one without this cost to it. I’m not sure how to fix it but there has to be a better way… not having to go in this specific order just to get to what you want either would be nice.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: JK Arrow.7102

JK Arrow.7102

We did our first one today … and threw away the Influence, thank you ANet as it did not give us a destination, or send us anywhere, we had to run about blindly trying desperately to find an NPC. We started with 10 minutes NOT 15 minutes … and we eventually found the NPC at the fourth place with 1 minute to spare. Needless to say, 6 of us could not do it in that time.

Our guild DPR tried doing T1 bounty for the first time yesterday with our sister guild FIST so we had 2 goes at it back to back and again today. What we do is send out scouts to all 15 zones to track down the NPC’s. When we have them all, we pop the bounty and ping the nearest waypoints for the 2 we get. Everyone but those 2 scouts waypoints to one and kills it. Then we waypoint to the other and kill it. This should work as you move up to T2 or T3 as well, just may need more people to kill at the same time.

The first 2 times we failed because we didn’t know what we were doing. Today we were 2 for 2. If you had enough people you could just pop it and zone to different waypoints on those 2 maps but we didn’t want to chance that. Hopefully this method can help others. I know Obey who is another large guild on FA with us does the same thing.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Another question I would like to have answered is “Why is there a time limit?” This is a bounty. I the “real” world the convict is always out there until you find him. What happens in GW2? Does he suddenly turn himself in 15 minutes later? Makes no sense.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

My lovely guildies, bless them, decided they wanted to run bounties blind. We’re a WvW guild of around 15-25 depending on the day, and boy did we have fun. First one we got was Diessa, which melted quickly but took a while to find – by the time we moved to Brisbane, we didn’t have enough time to down the second one. Needless to say, we were under a false sense of security from the first, and piling on him without a plan was the worst idea ever.

So after everyone had a good laugh, we spawned some of those crafting tables in the jungle (very confusing) had a cuppa tea and set off another. Being more prepared we made sure we read our targets abilities before engaging and didn’t have an issue with it and successfully claimed our merits.

It was so different from our usual WvW heavy evenings, and so refreshing. The riddles you get are great, really makes you glad you spent that time doing map completion as it makes you realise you know Tyria a whole lot better than you thought.

I think the advantage we have, is that throughout the day if people log in the game to WvW, the first thing they will do is ask for a group spot. We are always grouping, and maximising our influence gain. Tonight for example, a few of us made new characters and ventured into Queensdale as a group of 5. This focus on working on influence for your guild really fosters that guild spirit, and makes people want to work together.

Saying that, I still sank 20g into influence this afternoon. Ouch.

Our only concern now, is this multiple guilds per target issue. Everything else will come with time

Aisi x

S/F Asuran Elementalist

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

So for some time I didn’t get into this whole debate mainly because I felt the guild missions was a good thing but now understanding the way they work I’m really a bit disappointed.

I run a 100 member guild with about 30+ active on good days (time for an inactivity check again soon since there’s no last login option). So yes we’re a fairly medium sized guild.

We had saved up about 120k influence over the months sticking around the 100k mark thinking this would be more than enough influence for any new influence related things that may come out but it appears that I was wrong.

First off. We were very excited thinking we were able to pick the guild mission type that we wanted to do first. Turns out we can’t pick the ones we want because it requires all the other ones to be unlocked. Why? What’s the point in that?

Second. So despite that we thought okay well we’ll just follow the designated order then someone pointed out the unlocks said VI not V as in there was an additional level unlock for most of them. I mean why? There’s nothing even between Level 5 and 6 it’s just an unnecessary influence dump. Influence I wouldn’t have wasted on those guild buffs for months if I had known we would need THAT much influence. I felt like the 100k we kept aside was a lot!

To unlock everything you will need:

Art of War 5 = 20.000
Art of War 6 = 30.000
Bounty = 30.000
Challenge = 50.000
Economy 5 = 20.000
Economy 6 = 30.000
Trek = 50.000
Politics 5 = 20.000
Politics 6 = 30.000
Rush = 50.000
Architecture 6 = 30.000
Puzzle = 50.000

Total = 410.000

That’s an insane amount I mean if we were able to choose which mission we want to unlock then I wouldn’t have minded so much because at least we’d be able to do what we enjoy while we slowly work towards other missions. Now however we can’t do the ones we want most (Puzzle and Rush) because it will take ages to get them unlocked and influence we definitely don’t have.

My suggestions/plea would be:

- Allow guilds to choose which one to unlock first.
- Make it so that you need to unlock level 6 brackets to do tier 3 missions in stead of blocking complete access to the first tiers because only large guilds will generally have enough people to do them anyway and will have the influence to dump on the level 6 requirement. Smaller guilds who particularly like one mission type can invest in that specific one if they really wanted to (Maybe have tier 1 fall between level 3 and 4, tier 2 between 5 and 6, tier 3 after 6).
- Make it so the higher the tier the more merits and influence they cost to build/unlock rather than requiring a lot of merits for unlocking the mission type entirely (e.g. 0 merits/200 influence for tier 1 gmerits earned = 25 per, 100 merits/400 influence for tier 2 gmerts earned = 30 , 300 merits/800 influence for tier 3 gmerits earned = 35).

This would still keep long term progression that was intended while not blocking content entirely

As it stands I feel small guilds and even medium ones are treated unfairly. I understand needing to work towards unlocking them but I feel that a per tier structure makes far more sense than a ‘you are forced to spend a fortune on all of these and small guilds forget even playing them!’.

How are small guilds meant to be able to recruit people if they have no chance of growing without reasonable access to at least some of the guild mission content?

Also if it’s true (not sure if it is) that you can earn more commendations by guild hopping, then what was the point of guild missions? I thought they were intended to solidify community not fracture it more? If the reason for being in a guild was now also guild missions how does this help us medium and small guilds if the bigger guilds tempt away members because of their complete access to content not to mention making people guild hop even more for extra rewards?

I love guild missions, I love that there’s finally larger group pve content for our guild, the content is a lot of fun so far, the missions are just brilliant for bringing the guild together but some changes are needed so smaller guilds are not hugely disadvantaged. Also remove the ability to get extra commendations by guild hopping, rewards should be guild exclusive.

Thanks for reading,

Lilyfay

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Cora.9745

Cora.9745

Ok, I just read that… The other guild came in to DANCE?
Is there something in the air lately? Worldwide ‘be a jerk’ pollen or something? Why would anyone do this? I am peevish at the lack of inclusion, but I get so excited when I see a guild working on one – I cannot wait to help! (assuming I’m not on my thief, I might really be of some value other than lying around dead. There’s always some class you just don’t play well…)

That is horrible. They ought to flat out suspend/ban/slap the dancing guild. Who ARE these people? What is it with MMOs?

No, as I think about it, this is a direct result of this Mission system. If you allow this kind of thing in the parameters you set, this kind of thing WILL happen. It will happen because a certain percentage of any culture, any society, are jerks. WoW did very little to contain it – they seemed to encourage it. But GW2 went WAY out of their way to avoid it. We can rez each other, we can’t steal kills (without a whole lot of effort – jerks still find a way, but the impact was minimal) We share gathering nodes. We share quests.

It’s a great idea to give guilds something to do as a team. But did you REALLY need to set it to Lord of the Flies specifications?

It sounds like they really added a way for people to grief each other…..

Dalishya Aibreann=80R/80T/80EL Eternal Night-Crystal Desert

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

These guild missions were a huge let down for me. Correct me if I’m wrong on any of these facts, but here is what I noticed.
1. You can only get rewards, guild and personal, once a week.
2. You force a certain route to go when upgrading for guild missions, forcing players to get one type before another in a very linear fashion.
3. Using guild merrits you force guilds to take their time on it instead of finding less intrusive and obvious ways to design these events to make them take time. There is no progression in it like there should be, instead you force players with guild merrits to not do them quickly.
4. Another currency. IT seems the whole currency system wasn’t thought out considering you keep adding them.
5. So far I haven’t found any bounties that make fights interesting. They are either auto attack or have a function that makes it unreasonably hard. Such as half baked. Here has infinite stability, infinite 25stacks of might, and an infinite fire shield. Take the field shield off leaves him exposed for .05 seconds. Had a group of 15 that couldn’t down him, despite spamming CC and condition removal/boon removal.

I was really excited about this guild mission thing. I hate fractals, WvW is fun but un-rewarding. I am a more open PvEr type of guy. I’m happy that you made dragons/bosses worth doing, sadly a huge chunk of the world is still unused. Guild missions was supposed to change that, but now I find out that only once a week can you get rewards. What does this mean? Most likely guilds will do the missions on the weekend to conserve influence everyone gets a reward, and boom goes back to the same old same old.

I hope to god that you can get commodations for the other guild missions too. Such as doing a bouny + trek + challenge nets you 6 commodation.

What I would have done?

You can do a guild mission once per tier per day. So you can do T1, T2, and T3 and all get a commodation on each tier, and then go do another guild mission and get the same tier, or at the very least make it a 2 day recharge, but a week? That is just ridciulous. Triple the current cost of the things from the venders

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

My biggest complaint is that everything was gated behind art of war. Why couldn’t it be set up where we can unlock puzzles, etc. without the art of war line?

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

What I would have done?

You can do a guild mission once per tier per day. So you can do T1, T2, and T3 and all get a commodation on each tier, and then go do another guild mission and get the same tier, or at the very least make it a 2 day recharge, but a week? That is just ridciulous. Triple the current cost of the things from the venders

The week recharge is to give other guilds a chance to find and kill the bounties. It’s already been brought up multiple times where a guild wasn’t able to finish their bounty because another guild, who had the same bounty, killed it already and there wasn’t enough time for the respawn/find/kill the boss again.

And once the smaller guilds have a chance at the missions, then all hell will break loose.

Anet really should had made guild puzzle or guild rush the first mission so that guilds that wanted to zerg through all the missions could spend their influence reserve to do it and the rest of the guilds could have had fun doing the first few missions (and it wouldn’t have required a mega guild to do the mission….making bounties the first guild mission, and making the gate to all guild missions under Art of War, was extremely stupid imo, now that I think about it).

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Setsunayaki.4907

Setsunayaki.4907

We just beat the guild mission with only 8 – 12 people.
It can be done with a small guild, it just takes some planning and being smart about it.
We beat it in half the time too…so I don’t know what guilds are complaining about. ^^

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Blue.7256

Blue.7256

Amount of neccessery influence is obviously favouring big guilds. But that’s not the reason to blame developers for. They choose what kind of content they create and for whom is it avalaible. It’s your choice that you chose a playstyle that is hindering your possibilities of playing. And truth is, noone is forbiding anything to anyone. Small guilds will get there, but it will take them several months instead just a few. It’s fair. If you decided to play in a small guild don’t blame rest of the world for your choices.

[RL] Bluel
Royal Legion – Polish MMORPG Guild
www.royallegion.pl

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Amount of neccessery influence is obviously favouring big guilds. But that’s not the reason to blame developers for. They choose what kind of content they create and for whom is it avalaible. It’s your choice that you chose a playstyle that is hindering your possibilities of playing. And truth is, noone is forbiding anything to anyone. Small guilds will get there, but it will take them several months instead just a few. It’s fair.

If this was in the beginning of the game you might have a point but it isn’t so you don’t. As the situation stands now it is inequitable coupled with the issues that are now arising with multiple guilds going after the 1 target, its close to mind boggling how bad the implementation is. They really really really need a test server.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think ANet should change it so that anybody who participates in a guild mission, regardless of whether they’re part of the guild or not, gets the reward. Non-guild members just get a lesser amount of the reward (like maybe half the Commendations).

If a guild starts a Guild Bounty and other people kill the boss before they can get to him, they still earn the credit for successful completion anyway.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: DemiGod.6413

DemiGod.6413

I think ANet should change it so that anybody who participates in a guild mission, regardless of whether they’re part of the guild or not, gets the reward. Non-guild members just get a lesser amount of the reward (like maybe half the Commendations).

If a guild starts a Guild Bounty and other people kill the boss before they can get to him, they still earn the credit for successful completion anyway.

Why should players not in the starting guild get the same rewards? The guild, and its players, are the ones responsible for earning the influence to have and start the missions. You should not get the same rewards as those who have contributed to being able to do the missions.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Lunasun.2491

Lunasun.2491

I think an all server chat would help a lot too, to be able to coordinate with other guilds, and activate the mission at the same time, still tricky, but it might help a bit….

Guild Leader of: We R In Style – Server: Underworld
http://werinstyle.shivtr.com/ https://www.facebook.com/WeRInStyle

Guild Missions [merged]

Lunasun.2491

Oh and DemiGod, i totally disagree with you.

It does not matter at all which guild started the npc, both guilds took effort to try and find the npc…….. correct me if im wrong.

Guild Missions [merged]

Zaxares.5419

Why should players not in the starting guild get the same rewards? The guild, and its players, are the ones responsible for earning the influence to have and start the missions. You should not get the same rewards as those who have contributed to being able to do the missions.

If you’ll re-read my initial post, I did say that people who are not part of the starting guild get a LESSER reward. At the same time, I also suggested that if a guild starts a Bounty mission and other players kill the boss before they can get to him, all members of the starting guild get the full reward as if they had participated anyway.

My suggestion makes it easier for both guild and non-guild members alike to enjoy the fruits of guild missions. (And as a nice side-benefit, also provides a way for players who aren’t in large guilds with the Influence necessary to start these missions to gain Commendations to spend.)

Guild Missions [merged]

DemiGod.6413

If you’ll re-read my initial post, I did say that people who are not part of the starting guild get a LESSER reward. At the same time, I also suggested that if a guild starts a Bounty mission and other players kill the boss before they can get to him, all members of the starting guild get the full reward as if they had participated anyway.

My suggestion makes it easier for both guild and non-guild members alike to enjoy the fruits of guild missions. (And as a nice side-benefit, also provides a way for players who aren’t in large guilds with the Influence necessary to start these missions to gain Commendations to spend.)

I did read your post and i stand by what i said. If your guild wants to enjoy the “fruits of guild missions” then you should earn the influence to do guild missions. As it stands you do get rewards just not the same rewards. There is more that goes into guild missions than killing the marks. Coordinated effort of the guild to log on, search for marks, communicate location, coordinate which mark to kill first as well as organizing parties to do it. Not to mention the time required to earn the influence to be able to do guild missions in the first place. The killing of the bounties is the least amount of work involved in guild missions.

Guild Missions [merged]

DemiGod.6413

It does not matter at all which guild started the npc, both guilds took effort to try and find the npc…….. correct me if im wrong.

Not sure what you mean by both guilds took the time to find the npc. 2 guilds will not get the same npc if they activate at the same time. You should be finding the npc before you start the mission because you do not know which one(s) you will get so locating them all before starting is important to being able to successfully complete them. As for a server wide chat most servers have mumble for WvWvW. It could be used as a means of coordinating with other guilds for the sake of missions. Just a thought.

(edited by DemiGod.6413)

Guild Missions [merged]

Zaxares.5419

I did read your post and i stand by what i said. If your guild wants to enjoy the “fruits of guild missions” then you should earn the influence to do guild missions. As it stands you do get rewards just not the same rewards. There is more that goes into guild missions than killing the marks. Coordinated effort of the guild to log on, search for marks, communicate location, coordinate which mark to kill first as well as organizing parties to do it. Not to mention the time required to earn the influence to be able to do guild missions in the first place. The killing of the bounties is the least amount of work involved in guild missions.

All fair points, although I fail to see how non-guild members getting things like Commendations (which could even be a minimum amount like 1) for helping out with a guild mission not started by them would hinder or harm your guild in any way. The impression I got from ANet was that guild missions were a way for larger guilds to create content that was fun and rewarding for everyone in the game world, a sort of “This event sponsored by Guild ABC!” feeling.

Heck, maybe guild missions could be changed so that the more participants who take part in the mission, even if they’re not part of the guild, gives more Guild Merits for each participant (x2 or x5 for guild members). For missions such as Guild Rushes or Guild Puzzles, perhaps the guild unlocks access to the particular Rush/Puzzle for 24 hours, and then you encourage as many unique players to attend the mission for more Merits.

Guild Missions [merged]

DemiGod.6413

I think the biggest problem with Guild Missions is the Commendation. And not so much the commendation its self but what it represents. Power and BiS items. And to be clear my current guild does not have guild missions yet. We transferred servers and are currently re-building Art of War to be able to do guild missions. What i have done, and you and your guild can as well, is find another guild that wants extra players for guild missions. They invite me to guild before starting mission. I rep while we locate and kill marks. I get commendations they earn influence from me. Then i leave guild. I know some guilds are ok with this practice and others are not. Just as a show of good faith on my part i spent 2 gold to buy influence for said guild as a thank you for letting me participate.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Brilliant idea. Especially stupid implementation. This is a recurring theme with GW 2.

The first thing I’d do is remove the ascended carrot from this debacle. Then I’d take a breath, sit down, and start reading player suggestions. All the way back to November…

(edited by Chuo.4238)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

I don’t ever want to do one of these missions at this point. I wouldn’t mind helping a guild if I saw them trying to do it but with the way it was implemented into the game I want no part in it as far as the guild I’m in is concerned. Not that we will have the influence to do one anytime soon….

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

I absolutely agrre with DemiGod.A guild spends a lot of time to earn 1st influence and 2nd guild merits.This will take either a lot of time to earn the influence or a lot of gold to buy it.Both ways require much guild effort.

Next thing is when a guild decides to do guild mission.There must be co-ordinated big group of people.They have to be at a specific spot.at specific time logged.You must have some voice chat like TS or Vent.Then groups are made assignments are given.When something is found people have to wait for the whole guild-raid to gather.(last time my guild had 40 people online in Saturday and Sunday).Thyis takes time too because it is not easy to get 40+ people fast at one spot.Not everyone has the best computer.

When a guild is putting so much effort in something they must be rewarded.Why some random person who was by accident in the right place in the right time to receive the same reward as the guild?He invested none of the guild’s effort even to do the mission,so why should he receice any reward at all?He doesn’t desrve it.He only was there when the mob was killed and that is the easiest part.
If you ask me the guild missions are fine as they are.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

This cannot happen at this point.

The patch is already rollen’ and many guilds spent time and influence on these upgrades. Whatever “fix” is rolled out there will be no universaly good outcome for everyone in the end. There has always been a rift between hardcore and casual gamers, all this patch does is make it even more apparent. Whatever the story tells from now on, it can be only bitter-sweet in the end…

This content is too controversial as it is. I think it shouldn’t have been released in this state in the first place.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

(edited by Wayfinder.8452)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Kasaeva.4691

Kasaeva.4691

Guild targets are random, MANY guilds can have the same target. The game cannot be modified to suite the needs of countless guilds so there are no guild exclusive targets.

If you are unlucky enough to have other guilds on your target it becomes rock paper scissors.

That is a terrible system. Perhaps what they need is a logging system that keeps track of which bosses have been assigned as targets and which haven’t. If all the bosses are currently assigned, you get a queue. If there are a ton of guilds though this could be a very long queue so maybe they should just instance the zones the bosses are in. That could also help them appropriately scale the bosses and ensure that all guild members got something from completion.

Actually, now that I’m thinking about it, the instancing could work really well. They could set it up like fractals except without a party. Every guild member online gets invited to join the instance when the hunt is started. Then it sends you to the first map, gives you the hint in chat and a timer. When the boss is dead, it teleports you to the next map. If you succeed, it rewards everyone, like dungeons. If you fail, well you fail. This would eliminate all competition with other guilds, allow for good and proper scaling because it would be based on how many players are in the instance, would ensure loot for everyone, and would still be out in the world to some extent.

Thoughts?

~Kasaeva
Sea of Sorrows

Guild Missions [merged]

Lunasun.2491

Not sure what you mean by both guilds took the time to find the npc. 2 guilds will not get the same npc if they activate at the same time. You should be finding the npc before you start the mission because you do not know which one(s) you will get so locating them all before starting is important to being able to successfully complete them. As for a server wide chat most servers have mumble for WvWvW. It could be used as a means of coordinating with other guilds for the sake of missions. Just a thought.

Yes DemiGod, that is exactly how my guild organizes the bounties.

And no, i dont think a serverwide voice chat would help much, too many people talking through eachother….. we already worked together with another guild who was waiting at the same npc, to activate the mission at the same time, we did not get him both, but still, it felt better than trying to snoop off.

Are you saying that 2 guilds can never get the same npc? i havent read that anywhere…

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

Guild targets are random, MANY guilds can have the same target. The game cannot be modified to suite the needs of countless guilds so there are no guild exclusive targets.

If you are unlucky enough to have other guilds on your target it becomes rock paper scissors.

That is a terrible system. Perhaps what they need is a logging system that keeps track of which bosses have been assigned as targets and which haven’t. If all the bosses are currently assigned, you get a queue. If there are a ton of guilds though this could be a very long queue so maybe they should just instance the zones the bosses are in. That could also help them appropriately scale the bosses and ensure that all guild members got something from completion.

Actually, now that I’m thinking about it, the instancing could work really well. They could set it up like fractals except without a party. Every guild member online gets invited to join the instance when the hunt is started. Then it sends you to the first map, gives you the hint in chat and a timer. When the boss is dead, it teleports you to the next map. If you succeed, it rewards everyone, like dungeons. If you fail, well you fail. This would eliminate all competition with other guilds, allow for good and proper scaling because it would be based on how many players are in the instance, would ensure loot for everyone, and would still be out in the world to some extent.

Thoughts?

Highly unlikely given that the whole point of Guild Missions was to make people visit different zones and move the game away from instanced content such as dungeons, or at least I think so.

Still that would be a possible solution I guess.

I’m still curious how the whole guild target RNG works…

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

(edited by Wayfinder.8452)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

totally not true. Yesterday we did guild bounty 3 times and 2 times OUR NPC was killed before our eyes by other guilds. Providing that some NPCs take less than 45 secs to kill it is close to impossible to finish bounty.

I understand that yesterday many guilds had their bounty hunts unlocked so many NPCs were hunted at the same time but still the mechanic is somehow weird. Not to mention some NPCs (like the one in Gendarran Fields) who are VERY hard to find (wiki says he has around 300 possible spawn locations!).

For the same reasons finding each of 15 NPCs before you activate the hunt is pointless. Long story short, we couldnt do full bounty hunt with like 50 ppl online just because our NPCs were killed before we could do it.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Kasaeva.4691

Kasaeva.4691

Thoughts?

Highly unlikely given that the whole point of Guild Missions was to make people visit different zones and move the game away from instanced content such as dungeons, or at least I think so.

Still that would be a possible solution I guess.

I’m still curious how the whole guild target RNG works…

I was under the impression that the point was to provide content for guilds to do together. Large or small. The way it was implemented though has caused more grief than anything else.
One goal may have been to push people out into the world as well but, the point of pushing people into the world is to get them to do events and help out players questing there. If they are there on a timer to kill a specific target that could, at that very moment, be under attack by another guild, they’re probably not going to be very concerned with helping other people or doing events going on in the zone.

~Kasaeva
Sea of Sorrows

Guild Missions [merged]

DemiGod.6413

This is contrary to what i was told. So i retract part of my previous statement. This just increases competition among guilds even more. Not only are the competing for members/influence but now for the ability to earn item specific rewards for members. Bad anet Bad. You get no cookie.
Edit: By “item specific rewards” i am referring to merits. This is not a thread on ascended gear so i will not bring it up.

(edited by DemiGod.6413)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Cora.9745

Cora.9745

This is something that Anet posted on their Facebook page (before their post about “small guilds don’t need to worry. You can do this too!” )……

This part really jumped out at me: “this content is design to stretch even the largest guilds while most can readily be completed by the smallest number of players.”

This all fails to mention that all the other things require guild bounties to unlock….

“the Bounty you get every time you activate the mission is random, adding another spanner in the work..”also leaves out that these are NOT spawned by guilds starting the bounties….

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/basics/complete-guide-guild-missions

Dalishya Aibreann=80R/80T/80EL Eternal Night-Crystal Desert

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

(edited by Cora.9745)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I guess i should too post my views on these things and not just post about my views on other ppl views.
I find the first guild event guild bounty fun. The level of team work you need for them means you must have a good command structure and a good line of communication. You cant have a top down system doing these every one becomes a leader in there own way. In effect you will find things about your self when trying to work with groups to find the targets. I have yet to play the other events so i cant say any thing about them. This event gives your guild a reason to mean up (my guild tend to have a meaning ever week but not all guilds are as well put together) and see each other beyond just typing. Its a good line to show the players of that guild if there guild will last longer then the moment and the leadership is up to par.

My concern is for smaller guild who are active that wants to do these. I suggest making another guild event aim purely at building influences to help them unlock these events faster. Its good to have some type of delay on getting to new content it lets you read up on the events and work out who will lead what because a guild who has no structure to them will never be able to pull these off well even if they are able to make influences fast.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

already doned with my guild 2 times and i can say i love them :P we were about 20 ppl and was fun with all in ts and the adrenaline rush :P

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: RakaNishoo.6071

RakaNishoo.6071

My feedback on guild missions:

You introduced the content that requires UNLOCK. This is going 10 years backwards in MMO design. And that unlock is done in the worst possible way I can imagine. You can actually buy it for real money. Or do something I would rather not do → joining big guild.

I still hope I’ll be able to participate in these events that are started by other guilds and actually earn the same rewards, but from what I read on the wiki, it is not the case.

So here goes another crappy design: rewarding players for doing the same content differently. Absurd situations where players help guild find the NPC for guild bounty and get much lower reward for actually making it much easier for the guild to do their mission…

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Having done a Guild Bounty or two tonight, I found it entertaining but there was an intense amount of familiarity required. On the positive side, the weekly reset time means that a guild pulling the same bounty NPC as another can help out a fight and do it again later. Why?

- Taking part in the NPC kill rather than standing there means at least one side will get it done. Besides, cooperation will mean you will get some back when you go to do your Tier 3. Note you will still have 15 minutes to kill several targets, and you won’t know what they are until you activate.

- Each Bounty takes 12 hours and a few hundred Influence. You can literally set up for over a dozen before the weekly reset. With the quick time you can get in several attempts in a night if you must.

- Even if you don’t get your Commendations chest on one kill, you can get it later in the week. If you decide you don’t care about Merits, you can seriously just focus down one Bounty NPC for Commendations alone.

That said, I still think the timer is a bit tight for Tier 2 and Tier 3. Especially since some of those targets can be such trolls. (Diplomat Tarban, I’m looking at you.)

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

My feedback on guild missions:

You introduced the content that requires UNLOCK. This is going 10 years backwards in MMO design. And that unlock is done in the worst possible way I can imagine. You can actually buy it for real money. Or do something I would rather not do -> joining big guild.

I still hope I’ll be able to participate in these events that are started by other guilds and actually earn the same rewards, but from what I read on the wiki, it is not the case.

So here goes another crappy design: rewarding players for doing the same content differently. Absurd situations where players help guild find the NPC for guild bounty and get much lower reward for actually making it much easier for the guild to do their mission…

Mmorpgs have always been like this even GW1 you had to do some level of prep work to get to new content. Do you have a small guild are you a leader of one what do you call a small guild i think your in an inactive guild or a relativity new one. Small guilds are not the problem its the inactive guild and inactive members who only play 3 days out of a month just to see updates. It dose take time to build up the prep work for these events but every thing good comes in time and the level of these events should not be just simply handed to inactive players. At best players like this would become frustrated with the level of team work that is need for these events that an inactive guild cant hope to do.

They need to add in a way to see ppl last time played for both in game and out of game. I think we may have ppl who are not all they seem to be.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Hellzfire.7105

Hellzfire.7105

Ok so the new patch brought some awesome things to it but I hve to outline the bad and the new…
This time n bullet form so the mods don’t think I am a “non-constructive post” .
NEW GUILD MISSIONS
Pros
• Merit system is more content for the guild with new banners
• Make a guild more cohesive since they have to strive to do something as a guild
Cons
• Time restraints
• People now have to be in at a certain time to get the guild commendations
• Need guild commendations to get the latest ascended gear
• Requires guild influence to start the event which is only attainable by a designated official of the guild
• The guild commendations cannot be earned by helping other guilds out.
There is a bunch more but I would like the community to contribute to the pros and cons.
Thanks for any constructive input

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Literally the biggest thread on the forums at the moment.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

By time restraints you mean mission timer? If that is case, yeah it would be awesome if there was no times so we could start mission monday and find targets by friday, imagine what a challenge that would be!
Ofc you have to be at apointed time to be involved in group content, if you want to play a soccer match with your team you can’t show up on stadium when ever you like.

You can aquire new gear without touching guild missions, it just takes longer.

Guild influence can be gained by all members, im not sure what are you trying to say.

It would be stupid if you could get commendations just by tagging other guild’s bounty, you could have 30 in a day all you need to do is run around and tag other guilds bountys.
All in all, your cons are not design mistakes but your opinion based on fact that you cant get commendation doing anybodys mission whenever you want to log in to do it without time pressure on you.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Timer is ok, but maybe when you start NPC fight, timer for whole mission wuold stop counting. You still have timer on NPC (6 minutes if i remember), so those 15 minutes will be just to find them. Killing them wont be in initial 15 minutes timer.
This way even smaller guilds will have chance to do it in time.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

Literally the biggest thread on the forums at the moment.

And they still don’t react on it. I get the feeling that they are trolling us and are currently laughing at the thread. I certainly don’t get the feeling that they care and want to communicate.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

What I hate is that for SMALLER guilds, we got alot of trouble trying to scout an HUGE map for find the X Bounty.

I would like more hints in where the X Bounty is.

Also it’s FRUSTRATING: The guild kills the bounty before you get there and no event for you, since sometimes I get stuck in Loading Screens that is where I spend most of my time during bounties.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.