Guild Missions [merged]

Guild Missions [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The community backlash probably stunned them, since they did not expect anything of the sort. (Apparently, they were under the assumption that nobody played in guilds with less than 10-15 active people during weekends.)

This has been their problem with every single major patch so far, they lack the foresight or the resources to properly predict the ramifications of the content and the lack of testing means there is far less opportunity to pick up on these issues.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: oruma.4092

oruma.4092

The community backlash probably stunned them, since they did not expect anything of the sort. (Apparently, they were under the assumption that nobody played in guilds with less than 10-15 active people during weekends.)

This has been their problem with every single major patch so far, they lack the foresight or the resources to properly predict the ramifications of the content and the lack of testing means there is far less opportunity to pick up on these issues.

well testserver and from time to time asking your customer what they actual want kinda helps

seeing a serious lack of communication since start, random questions get answered while threads with 1000 of posts and 10ks views get locked (loot issues best example) or simple ignored till they are vanished from first page.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

On other topic I just read about Merits.
Are they crazy? Is there any sane person in Anet? How can You make 3 tiers of bounty, advertised that from T1 you get 15 Merits, T2 20 Merits and T3 25 Merits, and then if you do T1 and T2 you will have total of 20 Merits?
So if you need to do T3 anyway, why did you implemented T1 and T2? Why?Why?Why?
Small guild will never be able to do T3, maybe not even T2, so to get full Merits they hoped to do T1 repeatelly. But they cannot because they wont get anything.
Is this the way how to tighten guilds? Make them missions that are pointless to play more than 1 per week?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

Q:

why did you implemented T1 and T2? Why?Why?Why?

A:

Small guild will never be able to do T3, maybe not even T2

Q:

But they cannot because they wont get anything.

A:

T1 you get 15 Merits

What’s wrong with saving up 15 merits a week instead of 25, if that’s all you are capable of?

(edited by CHOAM.7852)

Guild Missions [merged]

Hule.8794

15 merits a week, small guild cant even make full merits a week.
There is no point doing guild missions more than one a week. That is not content which brings guilds together.
World bosses are better in bringing guilds together,because you actually get reward for doing then when ever you want. You can do them on monday and also on thursday and you will get reward.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

15 merits a week, small guild cant even make full merits a week.
There is no point doing guild missions more than one a week. That is not content which brings guilds together.
World bosses are better in bringing guilds together,because you actually get reward for doing then when ever you want. You can do them on monday and also on thursday and you will get reward.

Smaller guilds also earn influence slower than larger guilds; why not merits?

As for the once a week thing, that applies to all guilds regardless of what tier they can complete.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Balao.3016

Balao.3016

Hule, there is a slight flaw in your comment: “There is no point doing guild missions more than one a week. That is not content which brings guilds together.” I have to bring this up, because on my server the small guilds can easily do tier 1 to tier 3 bounty missions just fine. The reason I say this, is because all the guilds are looking for the same npc’s, maybe not in the same order or at the same time as you might be, but they all go after them.

This can bring guilds together in the sense that anyone that has the same missions npc can kill it. All you have to do to get merits, is have just one guild member hit the target. That is all you need to get your guild credit, just one member hitting that mob.

Sure, there is still the argument, “My guild has a mission that no other guild is currently on.” I’m sure that may happen, but it’ll happen far less than many guilds being in the same location to kill the npc they need for their bounty mission.

Look, these guild missions can bring guilds together. Communication between guilds on your server is needed in order to facilitate good coordination and a sense of community. If the guilds are working together to complete guild missions, all this does is promote the server’s sense of community. If there are guilds not doing this, and simply are “out for themselves” then I can see you having a problem with that. As it stands, there is no reason for one guild to lock out other guilds from completing guild missions.

The only real time I could see guilds locking out, or trying to lock out other guilds from doing missions, is if the missions are pvp based, and you are fighting over control of an area that provides a lot of resources that a guild would want. That type of system is not in the game currently, unless you count WvW, but to my knowledge, there is no one super omega guild that can control WvW by themselves.

My example was just for bounty missions, but it applies to all the guild missions. If guilds are not actively trying to help one another, or garner at least some sort of “alliance” with other guilds for the purpose of guild missions, then it’s time to find another guild that is actively completing these missions. A guild that is completing missions and assisting other guilds in doing them, is a guild that I would be a part of. My own guild on Maguuma does this exact thing. As long as your guild are not seen as kittens to the rest of the server, we will help that guild to the best of our ability.

If you find yourself in a guild where nothing is getting done, and all you seem to do is complain about it with the other people in the guild, it’s time to find another guild because there is no real reason to stay in the one that is causing you issues in game. Finding a guild that aligns itself to your own personal values, motivation, and game goals will make your gameplay all the better.

Guild Missions [merged]

Hule.8794

Yes i know it, but there are many problems.
We are Czech and Slovak guild on Ring Of Fire and we are one of the last CZ/SK guild on RoF as almost everone transfered to AG.
So there is language barrier to succesfully cooperate with other guild. Also there is “chat” barrier, as guild cannot share chat, and parties are limited only to 5.
And yes while guilds can help themselves, it is the only point to do guild bounties through week. If your guild do Guild Bounty at sunday, you wont get any reward for completing guild bounty at monday or any other day until reset.
Maybe adding rewards for repeating mission would be fine. Something like one rare or higher drop. Because now it is better to just do World Bosses.

And yes, I am not in a guild which is doing notning. We are doing everything. WvW, dungeons, fractals, sPvP and now guild missions.
Sunday/tuesday WvW, monday,wednesday dung/fractals, thursday/friday sPvP. And now we wanted just to add guild missions to this rotate. But there is no point for us to do them. We are small, and be dependent on other bigger guild to actually do our guild mission for us, is not good for us. Yes we knew we cannot do T2 or T3, maybe T2 we can handle, hasnt test it yet. But we hoped that we can do enought T1 missions to get full merits from bounty.
Its like that from Puzzle you will have Merits counted as many guild members will join.
10 members do puzzle? 1 Merit for you. 100 members? full 20 Merits for you. And dont try to repeat because you wont have anything. And you can do puzzle only once a week, so make your whole guild join, if one member will be sick, you will have less merits.

(edited by Hule.8794)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

People in smaller guild really don’t need to worry.

When the LFG tool is implemented, I’m certain guild missions will be a part of it, and you’ll be able to get groups together in no time.

Also, I’ve said it before, and I will say it again. GW2 is growing more guild alliance friendly with each update.

Guild Missions [merged]

Hule.8794

LFG wont be Looking for Guild.
Yeah small guild need to aliance with big to do Bounty T3, anything else is pointless.

Guild Missions [merged]

Azjenco.9425

LFG wont be Looking for Guild.

I’m not talking about Looking for Guild…

Last mention I heard of the the LFG was that there will be more than just dungeon searching. They will also have JPs and mini dungeons, possibly also world events. Is it really that farfetched that they might include guild missions as well, so small guilds can add people looking to do missions, or even advertise that they’re about to run a guild bounty, or something.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

When the LFG tool is implemented, I’m certain guild missions will be a part of it, and you’ll be able to get groups together in no time.

Also, I’ve said it before, and I will say it again. GW2 is growing more guild alliance friendly with each update.

Yea, I can go along with any guild that’s doing a mission. But if I’m not a member and repping, I’m not getting credit. So that doesn’t work. LFG is pointless in this case.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Neverathome.8349

Neverathome.8349

What if we let the cost to unlock tiers stack with the amount of players in a guild so every member need to contribute?

Also they can make it unexploiteble,members leaving guild and reinvite’s can be a problem with my example.

kind regard’s:)

Guild Missions [merged]

Azjenco.9425

Yea, I can go along with any guild that’s doing a mission. But if I’m not a member and repping, I’m not getting credit. So that doesn’t work. LFG is pointless in this case.

Another oversight that needs to be rectified. What if a person in a party along with someone representing the guild is eligible for the reward? Not the full reward though, perhaps less silver and no commendations, but you’d still be rewarded for grouping up with a guild.

(edited by Azjenco.9425)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Another oversight that needs to be rectified. What if a person in a party along with someone representing the guild is eligible for the reward? Not the full reward though, perhaps less silver and no commendations, but you’d still be rewarded for grouping up with a guild.

The rewards that count are the (possible) ascended drops and commendations. Everything else is not enough to be an incentive (you may still get some random people that would join just for fun of it, of course. All those that are interested in rewards would pass)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Domino.3562

Domino.3562

Having multiple groups get spread out among the overflow servers is ridiculous because it requires so much messing around.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Science.6709

Science.6709

Please forgive any redundancy my post may contain. I’m at work and a meeting is about to start. Just wanted to put in my two cents:

Participated in my first guild bounty last night. I was lucky enough to be in the right overflow/actual-server to fight one of the two targets. Most of the guildies participating were either too far away to reach the target or sent to different overflows.

My target was near the Jormag area, which was packed with people waiting for that event to start. It’s no wonder that our guild was split up onto different overflows. With a world map as large as GW2, why wouldn’t guild bounties be placed in more remote areas?

On the positive side, it was pretty exciting and the rewards are good. You just have to be really lucky to have any success with it. Even if you’re in a large guild, the time window is small and you still might be excluded by being pushed onto an overflow.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

we have been doing our best working around the massive hurdles placed in front of us. We have teamed up with other smaller guilds than ourselves. We would have enough people to camp each npc. At that time both guild leaders would activate the t1 bounty. Two guilds working together to get 4 bounties so each guild would get rewards. So far we have been successful. Just pointing out to smaller guilds. Large guilds are not needed when working together.

I still feel influence cost should be scaled to the size of the guild. Just my 2 cents. worth. Always open for better methods to approach this content.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

So, would giving anyone who happens to be around for a guild mission the same reward as the people in the guild that kicked it off sound like a good way to fix this? I think it does. It’s a symbiotic relationship happening. The guild gets people to help and it “advertises” that they are active. It gives random passers by a shot at stuff they wouldn’t have access to. Solo players don’t have to be in guilds, they can join this like any world boss fight etc. Small guilds can tell their members, “Hey! a guild event is going okittenuch and such a place!” they can then earn merits for themselves and have shots at pre-cursors etc.

I think this is the best way for all involved( Guilds, players of all types, and most of all, ArenaNet).

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Please forgive any redundancy my post may contain. I’m at work and a meeting is about to start. Just wanted to put in my two cents:

Participated in my first guild bounty last night. I was lucky enough to be in the right overflow/actual-server to fight one of the two targets. Most of the guildies participating were either too far away to reach the target or sent to different overflows.

My target was near the Jormag area, which was packed with people waiting for that event to start. It’s no wonder that our guild was split up onto different overflows. With a world map as large as GW2, why wouldn’t guild bounties be placed in more remote areas?

On the positive side, it was pretty exciting and the rewards are good. You just have to be really lucky to have any success with it. Even if you’re in a large guild, the time window is small and you still might be excluded by being pushed onto an overflow.

This is a big problem in my opinion, especially for guilds that are not super large, and are managing their influence spending and guild time carefully. It relates back to the other threads that people are blaming on guesting. So my obligatory comment, ANet please randomize the events and invalidate all these website timers.

Outside of that though, and the lack of clarity with guild commendations, I have enjoyed guild missions thoroughly so far.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Hierofan.2415

Hierofan.2415

My two cents:
I am member of a small guild on Arborstone, and we have been having a great time so far. The guild missions look great but, our interest lie in missions such as guild rush, and we are not interested at all in guild bounty events. So far everything indicates that in order to unlock guild rush, we will have to successfully take part in one bounty mission, then unlock exploration, then unlock guild rush. I am finding this way of making us run through hoops somehow disappointing.

Moreover organising collaborative PvE gameplay between guilds on Arborstone or any French server will be a time-consuming hassle for a small reward.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

I absolutly hate this new model when we are forced to do stupid easy things many many times. Instead of beeing rewarded for hard things. I have very little joy of playing GW2 now, i dont do daily anymore because its sooooo boring i cant stand it its always some stupid events in some kitten low-lvl zone, or some smiliar things iam really tired of this. Give us the option to get ascedent gear from something else then doing stupid dailys for 8yo kids i dont have a big guild for guild missions so what i have to wait 80 days to get 2 stupid pieces??? I will farm legendary sooner then that….
Atm. every new thing thats been recently introduced in GW2 is midnless time sink without any real challange and i must say i really dont like where GW2 is heading…

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

If anet don’t want small guilds, then they should flat out say it out instead of using such methods to kitten people over. The first mission can be done by 10 people they say, so guilds that do not consistently have 10 people online at the same are getting the shaft?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: krieb.6039

krieb.6039

Will there be any plans in the future for smaller scale guild events (ie for a 5 man)?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: KatiesAura.5928

KatiesAura.5928

since the last patch my guild has sank dramaticaly i.e everyone leaving to or repping large guilds only (large guilds taken over from our small guild which we had for almost 8 years?)

I may be your guardian angel but I don’t have the ability to walk through walls

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

since the last patch my guild has sank dramaticaly i.e everyone leaving to or repping large guilds only (large guilds taken over from our small guild which we had for almost 8 years?)

people you knew for 8 years, left you in search of shiny earrings? kind of sad

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Hanzlo.3148

Hanzlo.3148

I personally think that at the end of every successful mission guild need to get influence as reward, or at least a big influence boost for 24/48 hours.

This is needed.

Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day.Live and die on this day.
Gunnar’s Hold – [ACID]

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

So….has anyone heard from ArenaNet on this? Perhaps they posted something on one of the random social networking sites that not everyone subscribes to? Or is this thread going the way of the November Mega-thread: ignored and brushed off?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

people you knew for 8 years, left you in search of shiny earrings? kind of sad

People consistently underestimate the power of a carrot on a stick.

Keep in mind the main problem here: those 8-year guildies can join and rep another guild while still remaining a member of the old guild. The guildmember justifies this as, “Well, I’m not abandoning them, I’ve just joined another guild so I can participate in this content!”

Meanwhile, the small guild sees a whole lot of green squares with gray lines and the time before they’ll be able to unlock these missions and complete them go up, up, and away…

I’m not saying the solution should be “you can only rep one guild,” of course. It’s just that the incentives lead people to rep larger guilds that already have the missions unlocked.

I still believe the solution is to allow anybody who completes a guild mission access to the same rewards, or perhaps the same rewards except Commendations. The 50 silver and rares and chance at precursor drops should apply to everybody who helps in the event.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

This thread is still being ignored ? Why ?

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Guild Missions [merged]

timmyf.1490

I doubt it’s being ignored. There just hasn’t been a response yet. My guess is ArenaNet is surprised at the massively negative response (like they seemed to be with Ascended gear) and are trying to figure out how to respond.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

Seems small guilds are able to keep a lot of their players. But they lose any influence points gained by those that chose to join a large guild as well which requires representing 100% of the time. Is it out of the realm of possibilities that all influence earn by any individual be divided equally into all the guilds they are in, regardless of which one they represent.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: ExaDal.2017

ExaDal.2017

I doubt it’s being ignored. There just hasn’t been a response yet. My guess is ArenaNet is surprised at the massively negative response (like they seemed to be with Ascended gear) and are trying to figure out how to respond.

I just hope that the answer does not come when all small guild already have all guild missions unlocked.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

It still feels like ignoring. But I think they’re just sitting it out. Like they always do.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Seems small guilds are able to keep a lot of their players. But they lose any influence points gained by those that chose to join a large guild as well which requires representing 100% of the time. Is it out of the realm of possibilities that all influence earn by any individual be divided equally into all the guilds they are in, regardless of which one they represent.

When a person is in two guilds and is only allowed to rep one guild for fear of being kicked (mega guild dictatorship) the small guild HAS lost that person because:
1) the person no longer sees the guild chat of the smaller guild
2) the small guild no longer gets their influence
3) unless there is voice chat involved, no one really hears from that person again….and then everyone gets forgotten

The multi-guild system is just turning out to be a big mess, it’s just a half kitten alliance format. They should have just used the alliance system from Factions, that way you can be a member of the same group as your friend in guild XYZ but still be able to converse with friends in both XYZ and ABC guilds.

But really, I guess the blame can go equally for the way missions were implemented, the big guilds who demand representation, and the lemmings who have no sense of guild pride and jump ship at the first sign of new shinnies instead of trying to overcome the obstacle that Anet has placed in front of small guilds.

Guild Missions [merged]

rootnode.9546

Ok, looking at the latest patch notes from 2 hours ago tells me: they just don’t learn and/or listen.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Ok, looking at the latest patch notes from 2 hours ago tells me: they just don’t learn and/or listen.

How so? Looks like some of the fixes I know were an issue on a technical level were put in.

. . . crap now I have to find the Ori and Ancient Wood nodes again.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

ANet’s silence speaks volumes. It’s not the answer I was hoping for, but truthfully it was the answer I was expecting.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

ANet’s silence speaks volumes. It’s not the answer I was hoping for, but truthfully it was the answer I was expecting.

Agreed. It would be nice if they even came on here just to say, “Hey guys, we are reading ALL of this. We appreciate all of the feedback. We are just exercising patience in formulating a plan to address the valid points in here. Thanks for your patience in return.”

If you want to steal this ArenaNet, go ahead.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Guild Missions [merged]

rootnode.9546

How so? Looks like some of the fixes I know were an issue on a technical level were put in.

. . . crap now I have to find the Ori and Ancient Wood nodes again.

Yeah, but no changes related to the pressing problem.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Paradox Xion.1038

Paradox Xion.1038

Today I came to the conclusion that my small guild of 10-15 people is a lost cause. We need 40K influence to start these missions. We cant recruit because no one wants a small guild that doesnt have these unlocked yet. Believe me we have been trying! We cant get the influence because the few members we do have active are joining and repping other guilds so they can do the content. Ive played with some of these people for 3+ years and have formed friendships that now mean nothing because we cant get anything done as a group.

So either I accept the fact that Ill never get to see the new content and just keep mapping with all my alts til I quit the game from boredom or I join an impersonal, mega guild of people I dont know and cant get to know anyone because its so big and where Im just a number to fill a roster requirement.

This has really killed my enthusiasm for the game so Im leaning more toward just uninstalling and finding another game. Thanks alot Anet, you really know how to ruin a good thing.

(edited by Paradox Xion.1038)

Guild Missions [merged]

rootnode.9546

Today I came to the conclusion that my small guild of 10-15 people is a lost cause. We need 40K influence to start these missions. We cant recruit because no one wants a small guild that doesnt have these unlocked yet. Believe me we have been trying! We cant get the influence because the few members we do have active are joining and repping other guilds so they can do the content. Ive played with some of these people for 3+ years and have formed friendships that now mean nothing because we cant get anything done as a group.

So either I accept the fact that Ill never get to see the new content and just keep mapping with all my alts til I quit the game from boredom or I join an impersonal, mega guild of people I dont know and cant get to know anyone because its so big and where Im just a number to fill a roster requirement.

This has really killed my enthusiasm for the game so Im leaning more toward just uninstalling and finding another game. Thanks alot Anet, you really know how to ruin a good thing.

Your forgot to add “…and then act as if nothing happened, careless as usual.”

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

The new patch has made it now possible for the large guild players to guest on other servers and be eligible for the rewards from the Guild event done on the other servers, just giving more and more to the hard core gamers, and leaving the casual player in the dust as far as being able to achieve what the hard core gamers do. Anet, we dont mind if it takes us 5 years to do what it takes the hard core a week to do, but at least let us give it a shot with a realistic ability to do the same content.

Guild Missions [merged]

timmyf.1490

I think the problem here is that ArenaNet would say, “Oh, small guilds can do the content! They just might not be the ones starting it.”

Which is true. But that means they also won’t get the (rather nice) rewards.

Anybody have any influence farming tips?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Dark Jackson.3417

Dark Jackson.3417

Guild mission just killed small independant guild, we now all need to rally to your largest guild server just in order to follow the track everyday that is passing is a paradise for huge guild and its detention before a better solution for smaller guild. Dont like the way it goes, loved the idea the but the restriction to it. its total non-sens.

- I Told myself i didnt need it. Guess Anet Cheering the elitist guild once again but when you see that you can spare laurel and get way cheaper earing.. How disapointing how many years before i can get the kitten mini. Still disagree the way it went

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Myste.3291

Myste.3291

Switching subject slightly … this patch has completely screwed us all over for getting OUR DRAGONS ON OUR SERVER … because people from other servers are Guesting here … and we cannot get a look-in as we are pushed to overflows when trying to go to the Dragon Zone … Thank you for helping the greedy get more and the reasonable get less. … Dragon Zones should be included with WvW in the Non-Applicable Zones for Guesting.

Myste Stormme – 80 Ele; Oricle Myste – 80 Mes; Mystestormme – 80 Guardian;
Stormjayde – 80 Necro; Myste Dawn – 80 Ranger; Mysterayne – 80 Engi
Aurora Glade EU Server

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

I think the problem here is that ArenaNet would say, “Oh, small guilds can do the content! They just might not be the ones starting it.”

Which is true. But that means they also won’t get the (rather nice) rewards.

Anybody have any influence farming tips?

If they said that it would be the same as saying “Oh, you can play this game show on TV, you just won’t be able to get the prize if you win.” since that is the way it is right now.

If they fixed it to where anyone participating in the event gets the rewards, in the guild that activated the mission or not, then there would be no problem:

• the small guilds would have tons of people to help them if they started the mission
  • the big guilds wouldn’t have to listen to all these people complaining
  • small guilds would actually be able to still recruit people and work towards starting their own missions because you wouldn’t HAVE to be in a large guild to do the missions (and yes, you have to be in a large guild and 100% repping them for the most part since this is not the trend in the majority of large guilds since guild missions)

The only thing I can think of if this were implemented would be that large guilds would complain because they wouldn’t have the bargaining chip of “if you want to leave for a smaller guild fine, but you won’t be able to do the guild missions anymore” or would be saying “they shouldn’t be allowed to get loot off of OUR mission, we worked hard for it and they should just get their own….this is a GUILD mission, not a PUG mission!”

Best thing we can do is not let this subject die. Keep it in peoples face until at least some response is made.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I’ve been trying to completely forget about guild missions since my guild is hardlocked from them, but the bounty hunt missions have caused a new problem: Map chat spam by people looking for/reporting sitings of bounties. So now I have a constant reminder of content I can’t access, beautiful…

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Myste.3291

Myste.3291

O a heads up … I assisted another guild by just being there and doing DPS … at the end of it I got a (hold you breath with excitement) whopping 1 silver, nothing else at all. So, so much for you get all rewards bar the Commendations rubbish. … And why cant we get the commendations too? We also put in the work.

However, as it is at present, forget getting your NPC from Tier 2 if you do not have at least 15-20 people in the guild. Where those holding the NPC in place (sort of) stay with it, because if you cannot cover all NPCs … you will most probably end up with 1 or 2 where no one is looking, as happened to our small 12-man guild, and that means wasting time trying to find them again.

I do hope, however faint the hope, that ANet IS actually paying attention to this … because since the patch, check the influence you gain for a Guild Run in Dungeons … you will find that sometimes you are only getting 10 or 20 … NOT the FULL 100 Influence you are SUPPOSED TO GET. And ANet does not appear to feel they are penalising small guilds enough as it is. … Now you have the added Penalty of less influence for most of your dungeons. Since the Patch, our small guild has lost more than 3.000 Dungeon Influence, and it appears that the “We totally understand where you are coming from and we are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.” response is all you will get after begging them to sort it out for over a week. No sign that they will compensate the Guilds who have lost countless bits of precious influence either.

Thank you ANet for failing us yet again.

Myste Stormme – 80 Ele; Oricle Myste – 80 Mes; Mystestormme – 80 Guardian;
Stormjayde – 80 Necro; Myste Dawn – 80 Ranger; Mysterayne – 80 Engi
Aurora Glade EU Server

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

I’m glad to see that they fixed the guesting issue with this last update. Hopefully this is the start of improvements to the system.