Guild Missions [merged]

Guild Missions [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

The no grinding thing has been abandoned a long time ago. Used to be you only grinded for cosmetics. Now you grind for top gear and for content, as well as to ungate some content.

GW2 is far grindier than the MMOs they were making fun of at/before launch.

I haven’t felt any need to grind.

Dungeons are tuned for Exotics. Fractals are tuned for Exotics, and only Ascended at high levels. Events are tuned for Rares.

The need to grind has been replaced with a need to look shiny.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Mujen.2089

Mujen.2089

No real grinding in this game unless you want a few ascended pieces/legendary. It’s actually a really short game if you’re not into that stuff, it’s been little over 1 month and I’ve kinda run out of goals to achieve :-\ Needs more long term pull, IMO.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

No real grinding in this game unless you want a few ascended pieces/legendary. It’s actually a really short game if you’re not into that stuff, it’s been little over 1 month and I’ve kinda run out of goals to achieve :-\ Needs more long term pull, IMO.

So true. It good to see someone actually acknowledging this rather than being a fanboy or complainer.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I haven’t felt any need to grind.

Dungeons are tuned for Exotics. Fractals are tuned for Exotics, and only Ascended at high levels. Events are tuned for Rares.

The need to grind has been replaced with a need to look shiny.

Ascended items have the best stats in the game even if its marginal therefore its not a need to look shiny.

Besides your statement should read the need to obtain BiS gear has been replaced by the need to look shiny and one needs tog rind to get both.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Smigl.6178

Smigl.6178

grind free game…. dont blow that smoke in my kitten everything i want to do or have in game is grind based.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I still maintain no one NEEDS ascended gear unless they want to grind fractals. If you want to grind fractals, you get the ascended gear you need. It’s really not that difficult.

I don’t need ascended gear to do anything else in the game. Are you saying you can’t beat the dungeons in the game without ascended gear? Or any open world events? Can you SPVP without ascended gear? Can you WvW?

I do all those things, without ascended gear….and I do fine. I’m quite successful. If you feel you NEED to have that ascended gear, because it’s BIS, that’s for you. In other games it would be true, because content is literally gated if you don’t have the right stats.

But that’s not true in Guild Wars 2, which happens to be the game I’m playing.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Bubbles.1047

Bubbles.1047

Anyone arguing that ascendeds are a marginal upgrade will get a harsh lesson in humility should they ever decide to join WvW and face fully ascended geared players. Also, you are naive to think that Anet will not be introducing new PvE content tailored specifically for that level of gear, or that progression will stop with ascended.

I can already smell the forum posts. ‘I never did my ascended grind, coz everyone kept saying it wasn’t mandatory. And now these elitists won’t take me in their groups!’

My advice, stop listening to these kittens, get on the treadmill and save yourself future grief.

Guild Missions [merged]

Vayne.8563

Anyone arguing that ascendeds are a marginal upgrade will get a harsh lesson in humility should they ever decide to join WvW and face fully ascended geared players. Also, you are naive to think that Anet will not be introducing new PvE content tailored specifically for that level of gear, or that progression will stop with ascended.

I can already smell the forum posts. ‘I never did my ascended grind, coz everyone kept saying it wasn’t mandatory. And now these elitists won’t take me in their groups!’

My advice, stop listening to these kittens, get on the treadmill and save yourself future grief.

Because you know how the rest of ascended gear will be required, or even what WvW upgrades to get ascended gear will hit in March.

Can I borrow your crystal ball when you’re done with it?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Sigh.

Influence earnt in a large guild is no different to that in a small guild, members still need to grind an work hard to get those influence levels.

No, individually they don’t. In a big guild, the average influence grinded can be (and often is) much lower than in smaller guilds, and yet at the same time the total gain will be orders of magnitude greater. Quantity over quality.

More tiers are needed really.

Definitely. And with not only ramped difficulty (starting easier than tier 1 now, but ending higher than tier 3), but also with separate unlock costs, low at first tiers, and increasingly high when moving to the harder ones.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Just because you came from another MMO doesn’t make their opinion gold. As some have stated before, it’s only grindy if you make it grindy. I.e. you’re not grinding for stats but you’re grinding for cometics. Gearing yourself with full exotics can be done in less than a week. Gearing yourself with ascended rings can be done in a week or two at most. Gearing yourself with amulets will take a month and gearing yourself with accessories without a guild is near impossible at this stage. However, exotic accessories are not that much different to ascended ones. At the moment. I’m happily sticking to exotics mostly just cause I know ascended doesn’t make a significant difference (p<0.05). The grind is present when you want elite rare skins which are optional to the game.

First off you need to define which players you’re talking about. I think everyone who is talking about how there is no grind needs to list how often and how many hours per session they play. The casuals that play maybe 1-2 hours per day aren’t going to get exotics in a week and probably not even a month. They might average 1-2g a day and with just an exotic armor set costing ~24g, that’s 12-24 days not including runes, weapons, sigils, accessories, etc. Weapons is another 12g, sigils at least 4g, accessories another 15g, Do you see how this starts to add up? 55 days at 1g a day and that’s not even anything fancy. Maybe they want Runes of Divinity 6×8g, 64 days just for some runes.

Ascended rings in a week and two at most? You gotta get to level 10 first, at 1 hour a day that’s 9 days alone before you even have a chance at a ring. Then you need 20 pristine fractals as the chances of getting the ring you want is low, that’s 20 days. So 29 days for rings, a lot more than 1 week, 2 max. You are right about accessories though, without a big guild they are certainly way overpriced.

Now lets take dailies, 30 minutes to 1 hour each day. That’s ~15-30 hours for 1 item. In WoW vanilla(grindiest version) you could finish most raids in 3 hours. Just using MC as an example that’s 9 bosses, 3 items per boss, and 40 raid members. Leaving RNG aside that’s a 67.5% chance of getting an item every raid. In those hours of doing dailies you could do 5-10 raids, what should be equal to 3-6 items, but you get 1. Obviously accessories via laurels are much worse.

The biggest issue in GW2 is what happens when you want to swap specs? Now you need new gear; different stats, sigils, accessories, etc. For casuals this isn’t even really an option. 2 months just for them to try a new spec they might hate. I play more than a casual and I don’t even want to change specs because it costs a pretty penny. I actually just changed specs and because my armor has runes of divinity in it, it’s actually way cheaper to buy new armor/runes than to replace the runes in my old armor.

GW2 is grindy. It isn’t as grindy as L2, MU online, Aion, etc, but it is grindy. Remember this was supposed to be easy to obtain max stats and when it takes casuals 2 months just to get base gear let alone ascended stuff, I don’t think Arenanet followed that philosophy. ArenaNet needs to stop catering to the hardcore 30+ hours a week and instead make the game enjoyable for those with maybe 1-2 hours a night that don’t want to spend that time being forced into fractals, large guilds, or dailies just to get max stats. It’s already tough enough for them to get together 1 spec’s worth of gear so the current grind further boxes them in with their inability to viably chance specs.

If ArenaNet had any sense left they would make all current and future ascended gear available through all current means(IE Amulets/rings/accessories from karma) and redo their risk/time vs reward scheme because currently you never feel like you’re really rewarded. You only need to look as far as the new event chest to see how starved people are for rewards when they flock to an event just for a rare that they will most likely turn into an ecto.

Also I won’t even debate the whole forced or ascended not being necessary thing. It’s silly, playing the game isn’t necessary either so would ArenaNet like people to quit? All players want to progress because that’s what MMO’s are about. ArenaNet opted to change this progression from skins to stats so now people are chasing stat upgrades. By telling people it’s not necessary you’re basically telling them not to play the game because the main objective is max progression, which again ArenaNet made Ascended items.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Strayhand.8216

Strayhand.8216

If we have people coming from these other MMOs saying that GW2’s grind is greater than those other games, then they’re obviously giving conflicting reports with the people claiming that every other MMOs has a bigger grind. And I’m inclined to trust experience over inexperience.

I’m from WoW, and I find GW2 far less grindy. So now we have different experiences. I just can’t imagine how can people say that GW2 is more grindy than other MMOs. I just don’t get it. It’s like we play a totally different game.

Btw it takes 20 days to get 3-4 ascended items, with about 1,5-2 hours daily play. Including a daily fractal run of course.

EDIT: to the poster above me, what do you mean by casuals? Because the GW2 casual you described probably won’t raid MC in WoW. Actually I don’t think the GW2 casual you described would ever raid in WoW with hers/his 1-2 play hour per day. But these double standards always come in handy when comparing different games.

(edited by Strayhand.8216)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Bubbles.1047

Bubbles.1047

Because you know how the rest of ascended gear will be required, or even what WvW upgrades to get ascended gear will hit in March.

Wait, what? Who said anything about March?

And yeah, you can borrow my crystal ball. It’s called Common Sense with a special flavor Past Experience.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

I think before any of you get any further into discussion, you should define fully and clearly what you constitute as grind, personally.

Some people define grind as doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Some people define grind as doing the same ACTION over and over and over again.

Some people define grind as something that takes a long time to do, no matter how varied the activities are.

Also how do you define “required?” If it gates you from content (Not in this game)? If it leaves you inferior to other players (Yes in this game)? Really, how important are these factors to make it “required?”

Unless you clearly lay out the definition of the terms and agree on it, there’s really no point in this discussion.

and

From a lazy persons perspective you could simply buy the funds to support the craft. From my perspective when I was gathering etc and leveling my main, those mats allowed me to make money or use them to level crafting on my second character. It seems as though every character you hit 80 with just makes it easier and easier lol. But no the collecting the mats is only grinding if you see it that way. That word “grinding” is overly used without a very specific definition. I could say merely logging in to do the daily is a grind, where others do fotm every day all week long and call doing dragon events grinding. Personally I see grinding as being forced to do something to get to something else you want. If you are willingly doing it because you have a goal, then i don’t see it as grinding I see it as working towards your goal. I know that sounds confusing lol.
But now say you need to log in every single day gather 300 ore, if you don’t you will never get the item you want. There’s no other options, and this item is required to enjoy the game. You could consider that a grind I suppose.

On the flip side, you could simply call EVERYTHING a grind since, well, it is lol. Your grinding your skills, your grinding dailies, monthlies, dungeons, events. I think the importance isn’t IF your grinding but WHAT your grinding and how hard it is. If you’re doing something that helps you enjoy the game, well I call that playing the game.

The main issue it the definition of grind! Players very often hides the “effort” behind the “grind” to excuse themselves for doing stuff!

If the game forced you to repeat over and over the same thing to get something then i would call that a grind, but it does not (maybe except for legendary and only in some steps).

So in my oppinion:

Wrongly called Grind → Player effort:
- Farming a at leat a lv10 FoTM once per day for 10 days is hardly a Grind! – Ascended Rings!
- Farming a dungeon(1 of 3/4 paths) for 3-5 times for a piece of exotic is hardly a grind!
- Gathering a small amount of materials to craft a exotic piece is hardly a grind!
- Doing once at least once a week guild missions with your guild for 6 weeks is hardly a grind!
-
RNG / Grind:
- Getting 350 Lodestones to craft a legendary material / Cosmetic exotic material!
- Getting 250 of T6 hardly dropping material for a legendary weapon or a cosmetic exotic material!
- Getting a precursor!

This so called Grind is IMO players choice! You don’t need a legendary to be the best. You don’t need a “Vulcanus” to be the best! You don’t need ascended gear to be the best! You don’t agree? Ask the Top WvW exclusive Guild, and they will say the same!

So what is in fact grind in your oppinion? Are you using it as an excuse for the effort you should put to achieve that same goal?

PS: I came from Aion (since release)! That game had grind and incredibly painfull… -__-

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

I’ve never grinded and I have everything I need. I do not like constant farming or grinding. I think that people who complain that GW2 is a grind game, should play Aion, Tera and L2, for example, and learn once and for all the meaning of “grind”.

(edited by Lukhas.1962)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

Exotics may be quick to obtain if you buy them from the TP, but that requires grinding the gold (or playing the TP).

It’s true that you can grind for cosmetics, but you’re also grinding for stats in this game from the moment you hit Lvl 80, as you try to find or buy better gear. Yes, it’s nowhere near as bad as other MMOs, something I also know from experience. But it’s still a grind.

Dude, support me. I’m gonna create a game where there is no money and decent gears come with no efforts in your mailbox. That’s your definition of genuine no grind right ?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Darque Intent.1674

Darque Intent.1674

So putting goals into a game that can only be achieved by spending months of dedication isn’t actually a grind? right….

Would calling it a “hook” be better suited? Since it only serves to keep people in the game that are willing to put up with it.

All hail Emperor Anet, and their new clothes!

Guild Missions [merged]

Vayne.8563

Wait, what? Who said anything about March?

And yeah, you can borrow my crystal ball. It’s called Common Sense with a special flavor Past Experience.

It’s called making stuff up, because you simply don’t know. March is supposedly the WvW update. Let’s wait to at least see that WvW (even if they move it back) before we preempt. Because otherwise, it is just making stuff up.

Guild Missions [merged]

Strayhand.8216

Now I’m not sure you actually play this game. It is literally impossible to obtain two rings, two earrings, and an amulet at that rate, or even double that rate. Even if you assume the person grinds the hell out of Fractals for the rings, that still leaves 3 months of play to get the other three items.

What I said: it takes 20 days to get 3-4 ascended items. Lets see: you do the daily fractals and by that I mean lvl10, you get a ring after every 10th run. That’s 2 rings after 20 days, it can be even shorter, because rings have a chance to drop. Plus you’re doing the daily achievement, which is about half an hour on top of the 1 hour fractal run per day (which in your opinion is “grinding the hell out of fractals”…). In those 20 days you get 20 laurels, and you finish your monthly, which gives you another 10 laurels. Now you buy the amulet for 30 laurels and got 2 rings from fractals. That’s 3 items in 20 days. Plus you can craft the backpiece if you got lucky in fractal drops, and you have the money for it, that’s the 4th. If you never set foot into fractals before add 10 days to that and you get your guaranteed 3 ascended items in a month. I said 3-4, not all. (With 4 pieces (if you crafted the backpiece) you can run lvl30+ fractals.)

Earrings are another question, but if you really want them fast, you can have those in another month. I have 6 commendations from guild missions (did the bounty every week since it came out), and 25 laurels I think. By the time I get 12 commendations I will have 40 laurels as well – although I probably won’t spend it on the earring, but if you really want to, the option is there.

(edited by Strayhand.8216)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Seeing all of your reactions, I feel the need to clarify something.

I do not mind waiting a while, or working on something for a while before I can play it. And granted, maybe grind isn’t the best word for it. But I feel that, having to play for an entire year as my guild just for us to be able to play the guild puzzle, is a but too much. ArenaNet feels strongly that the game shouldn’t start at max level. So far, they’re doing a great job of it (I’ve done level 10 fractals with a lvl 30 newbie). However, the current influence/tier system seems the opposite of it. It would have been much less of a problem if we could pick the mission we wanted to unlock first.

Fortunately though, it seems that Issiah agrees with me (as stated in a recent interview) and they’re likely gone tone it down a bit. There’s no shame in that, in fact, I find it commendable that they’re at least considering it, and I thank them for doing so.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Actually even a guild of 10 actives can unlock missions easily in one single day.
Simply run a couple guild fractals and deposit all revenues in the bank, gold made is enough to buy all influence needed.

Guild Missions [merged]

Strayhand.8216

We’re debating the notion that people claim the game has no grind in it when it clearly does.

SOME people claim that. I don’t. And if you check the thread, there are others who don’t say that either. Just because some people claim it, you cannot say that everyone does. Btw I reacted to the post where it was said that WoW players found GW2 more grindy than WoW. I didn’t, quite the contrary. You cannot say that the whole community says this or says that based on a few posts.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Actually even a guild of 10 actives can unlock missions easily in one single day.
Simply run a couple guild fractals and deposit all revenues in the bank, gold made is enough to buy all influence needed.

How much gold are you making in fractals? You’d need about 80k influence, I think, which comes out to 160g. I’ve played since prerelease and I don’t have that much gold in the bank…

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Mujen.2089

Mujen.2089

The debate of grinding is just kitten & needs to stop. For those saying “1.5-2hrs/day” srsly? You’re expecting to be fully geared in a couple days with 1.5-2hrs/day.. That would make everyone geared within a week and then what? Sit around in LA (lion’s arch), twiddling our thumbs. If you expect anything to occupy people it needs to have longevityGuild Wars 2 is SUPER casual friendly & I will stand by that for the current status of the game.

Guild Missions: – Screws over small guilds as things cost 50k influence & days to unlock. This is just a fact, smaller guilds are screwed over with the design.

Why are you listing gold for every piece of item to be obtained? 98% of all gear can be karma/dungeon farmed.

If you have the real $$ for it you could simply buy gems, convert them for gold, buy in-game boosts, etc. (another fact why casual friendly).

This topic needs no further discussion, it’s just now a matter of:
I want it easy & fast like a drive-thru versus I need something to occupy my time

THE END!

(edited by Mujen.2089)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

Solutions:

Buff the boons: Travel cost should be something like 25-50% and last a week for those kinds of prices, if the buff isn’t 25%+ its probably not worth the cost to the guild to have it researching over and over.

Rewards for repeating
Players should get a reward for redoing the mission even if its at a reduced rate, remember CM speed runs? I loved doing CM over and over since the reward was worth the effort, after they nerfed dungeons I haven’t run CM since, for the reward you get its not worth the time. The same should apply for guild missions, sure give them a chest that gives the commendations once a week but give the players who take part at least 25 silver and a rare for the follow up missions they take part in or anyone who already did the mission won’t bother a second time.

Consider a mid week reset
Hyping up content that currently isn’t worth playing more than once a week and gives barely more than a world event is pathetic, be reasonable. A mid week reset of say Wednesday is a must if you don’t add rewards for repeating the mission. This fixes the high merit cost problem and makes them more fun for everyone else do if they have already done them once a week.

New tiers
I want much harder missions, bounty needs at least 2 new tiers, completing a tier 5 bounty would give the guild 25 merits and 2 guild buffs such as cheaper waypoints and higher gold drops for a few days but would be much harder than the current bounties.
I’m thinking 30 minute timer, multiple task missions that involve a much larger boss on the scale of the shatterer in an instance where only guild and party members can join.

Tier 3 needs 25 or so players to finish, in guilds of 500 players that’s nothing, give the large guilds a challenge that requires more numbers and skill instead of these easy events we have now.

Mission UI
The current UI is terrible, we should be able to see the list of targets and the timer in the top right corner where dailies should be.

Anyway I wanted to get that off my chest, guild missions in theory sound great but have a lot of changes to go before I would consider them worth the time.

I wrote this a few pages ago, input? If the repeating rewards come in you will find smaller guilds will get a lot more help and reason to group together.
The Boons need a major buff to be worth it, noone is going to choose a temp buff over merits when guild missions cost so much to research.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

^ this.

Also as part of a really small guild (20 members, 4 active) this presents no problem to us, all we did was set up an alliance/collective on our community forums and we temporarily join and rep eachothers’ guilds to either do the missions or to help guilds build the influence to unlock the missions (favor for favor). Our 4-active guild have done no less than 3 missions since missions launched. A few of the member guilds already have the required influence and nearly enough merits for treks because of this system.

Difference is: we didn’t sit on our hands and complain. We found a way around the problem (long before missions actually, LFP and so forth easier the larger your guild is – and small guilds do actually have a pretty important role in WvW).

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

(edited by zamalek.2154)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

I found the article about gw2 today. It was posted yesterday March 12th and addressed multiple concerns. One of them was guild missions.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolpinchefsky/2013/03/12/has-guild-wars-2-become-too-complicated/

Cool. They respond on Forbes but not on their own forums. That’s just hilarious.

Here’s a possible good midway point for the small guilds being to small to do it vs big guilds being to bored with it. Scale the content to the total number of members within the guild that starts the mission? I know I mentioned most of this previously but hey, here it is again.

So a guild of 5 would have bounties at 5 times their strength, a guild of 500 would have bounties at 500 times their strength (regardless of how many people are currently active). Alternatively just scale the start cost based on the guild size – 5 man = x5 influence cost per run. 500 = x500 influence cost per run. Easy.

Also for the love of god, don’t make bounties be wandering the whole kitten place until they are activated! If killed or time runs out make them despawn/turn invisible.

When activating a bounty check to see no other guilds currently have them active. If no bounties are available then just fricking say so. 15 minutes is not a long wait.

Also who decided that guild things have to be unlocked in order? Stupid call whoever you are. Go eat a flaming cat (flame legion are tasty).

And even if you ignore everything else I post, can ANet please respond here instead of on various other sites that are totally unrelated to GW2? Sure forbes and reddit maybe hip or whatever but you know where people look for GW2 stuff? On your own kitten webpage. Lyssa confound you.

I too find it frustrating and a bit disjointed to have to dig information up from other sites. Please use the forum if nothing more than providing a link in the forums to interviews such as the one on Forbes.
This interview addressed concerns about currency and guild missions. Both of which are pretty hot topics — especially the latter.

I wholeheartedly agree. And it gets more and more stupid. They just don’t learn.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: kileen.7906

kileen.7906

Hi, I just ask myself what is wrong with small guilds? because from the latest upgrades it looks like Arenanet is doing everything they can do to kill them of.
Not everybody loves to be a a number in a very big guild! A lot of us, like to be in a smaller group with friends and people who really help each other out. I am sure there are many like us. The original system actually made it difficult for people like us. Because lesser people is also lesser guild influence. But we where able to manage just fine. We where doing some stuff together like dungeons and more.

Then A-Net delivered the last blow to us. Something that started the end of small guilds all together. And they done it with something almost everybody was waiting for! The guild missions. By making the influence level so high at least 30000 influence for one type. No small or new guild is able to open Guild missions. The result was almost immediately, our members started to look for bigger guilds, and finding new members is nearly impossible because of it. Also its like a house of cards when one thing starts it all go’s down. Because of most members left, guild chat go’s down and when that happens new members move out within the day!
Also starting a guild must be a hell to now, when you have just a few members people see it will take long to get it open, so they also leave.

I know what you gonna say now! You can be in more then one guild. True but thats not the solution. When you do stuff in the other guild, the influence don’t add to that smaller guild at all. In fact at the start it I found it a good system. But that changed soon, wen we notised that a now big guild was actually recruiting from our members, inside our guild. One joined up, and started to recruit inside our guild.

Anyway to the developers! Thanks for taking away most of the fun!

Linda

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: hannahbatman.7168

hannahbatman.7168

I hear ya Kileen. I have been just logging in to do my daily’s and logging out. It isn’t near as much fun anymore.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Just to lend our guild feedback to the missions (since the last few pages have zero to do with the op..).

We are a very small guild of friends (we managed 8 but found another guild to tag along with us). We enjoyed the content, but it was unobtainable for us to get the full rewards. Also, the one reward a week put us off.

Our feedback;
-No time limit. There is no reason for this to exist. It just trolls the playerbase for no logcal reason. We want to go out, explore and find the bosses ourselves and not feel rushed. Or Have the time limit at least sensible like an hour or 30mins PER boss. None of us have any idea how a reasonable person could think 15mins was ever a good idea to implement for multiple bosses.

-Rewards more often. I’m not saying every 12hrs, but once a week seems too long. Or have the yellows only once a week and have low scaled rewards for repeat runs. The incentive to do T1, T2, T3 isn’t huge.

-It WAS enjoyable when it fitted together. So essentially you have designed great content, but the implementation is either rushed or not fully thought through. Fix that and you have a very cool piece of content for your players

Hope that helps!

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

From a forbes interview with Isaiah Cartwright: “As we were looking at the play patterns of players, we noticed they were getting through the last step of progression in our game faster than we wanted them to. That would lead them to run out of things to accomplish. We didn’t want to get into a gear-grind scenario, so what we did was add a new tier rarity called “Ascended items.” We wanted to add a step in there to insure that people had a lot to do.”

Anet are fooling themselves on the no grind thing.

If this is really true I think the next patch will be the last for me. I wanna be positive about ANet but I’m losing ground… Most of us seem to just afk and wait for the next chest dragon to spawn or do our dailies. When I’m working it’s up to my boss to decide if I have something to do, but when I’m doing something to relax in my free time… I cannot even remotely understand this anymore…

May the Great Ranger save us all…

This is effecting big guilds as well. Our small guild just merged with another medium guild, a guild I represented only for guild missions. A friend joined a big guild too. It’s the same in all guilds, people just don’t care anymore.

ANet has some great devs, the silence in this thread has nothing to do with the devs, not anymore.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

(edited by Wayfinder.8452)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Has there been any response in this thread yet?

Anywho…..there is another issue that is playing out as more and more guilds gain access to bounties. With hopes of completing these, guilds will most like schedule when they have the highest concurrency. Well, since the weekends fill that role the issue of guild competing over bounty npc’s arises.

I have noticed on multiple occasions that when I run across a bounty npc (on the weekend) there will be several players from different guilds surrounding it. Next thing ya know one of those player’s guilds show up and the bounty is killed and the other players are left scrambling.

Needless to say the ones left are none too happy.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Cora.9745

Cora.9745

Anywho…..there is another issue that is playing out as more and more guilds gain access to bounties. With hopes of completing these, guilds will most like schedule when they have the highest concurrency. Well, since the weekends fill that role the issue of guild competing over bounty npc’s arises.

I have noticed on multiple occasions that when I run across a bounty npc (on the weekend) there will be several players from different guilds surrounding it. Next thing ya know one of those player’s guilds show up and the bounty is killed and the other players are left scrambling.

The only “response” has been for Anet to merge their thread into a smaller one…..
I found it interesting that they chose to merge them in this way, and not the other way round. (As they had been doing previously)

It isn’t an official response, but the message seems pretty clear to me…..

Dalishya Aibreann=80R/80T/80EL Eternal Night-Crystal Desert

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: DreamReaver.7514

DreamReaver.7514

Well we did another guild bounty, we had about 40 members of the guild online and representing, and only 7 people looking for the bounty npcs, because everyone hates doing it and don’t want to do it, once we triggered we got about 20 people doing the mission.

Had the first guy found and killed fairly easy still over 10 minutes left, had to find bookworm bwiki, took us about 5 minutes find him and we couldn’t kill him in time, wtf. He wiped our group constantly.

Really did anet even test the missions. No one likes finding them before we start the mission, constantly looking at the guild mission thing to see how much time we have left, and who we got to kill next, user friendly interface is non existent for guild bounty missions.

Love the idea of guild missions, but the bounty needs to be completely overhauled so people enjoy it and actually want to do it.

Tier 1 and 2 is easy enough if you get a good bounty npc to kill, we have failed many times because of getting prisoner bounty npc or other quite difficult bounty npc.

Takes forever to find the npcs before we start the mission, we are constantly having guildies saying not doing this mission again because of looking for the npcs first and if you fail it no reward, they prefer to do something else than waste there time on it.

Not sure if other guilds are experiencing the same issue, or its just our guild and our guild members that truly don’t like doing guild bounty missions.

everything is an illusion

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

All I ask from Guild Missions is this: give FULL participation rewards to ALL players who participate, whether they are in the Guild or not.

Simple as that. If a guild bounty is going on, and a non-aligned player helps take down the bounty target, they should get the full reward that a guildy gets. That means 2 pieces of rare+ gear, 50s, 2 Commendations for whichever guild they are repping (if applicable), the Merits aren’t really necessary (but would be nice), but all the individual rewards should go to everyone who participates, whether they are in the guild or not.

You should need to be a Guild member to start these things off, but you should NOT have to be a guild member to gain these fancy individual rewards. It’s insane that ANYTHING in this game would be so rewarding and yet so locked off from the average player. It would also bring a nice sense of community, much like Guilds dropping various banners in high traffic areas to benefit all, Guilds, could start off missions that everyone can participate in and enjoy.

Don’t even try to pretend that the second class rewards of a standard event come even close to being worth caring about for non-members.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Takes forever to find the npcs before we start the mission, we are constantly having guildies saying not doing this mission again because of looking for the npcs first and if you fail it no reward, they prefer to do something else than waste there time on it.

If they made it so that non guildies got full rewards, it would be pretty easy to find each one, as you could mobilize the entire zone to seek them out. As it stands though, there’s just no motivation to bother.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: John Kemp.2736

John Kemp.2736

I hope they cry everytime they read this thread.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

I get the feeling that it’d be more likely that they’re laughing.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Tyrannus Blade.3408

Tyrannus Blade.3408

I think you should be able to buy a merit for your guild with your commendations.
My guild is really struggling to earn a single merit as we can never keep 15 people online and participating long enough to find all 15 NPC’s that we need to have found for even a remote chance of beating the Bounty.
If we could exchange our commendations for merits we could still have a hope at working towards unlocking less horrible missions. I’m not sure how much 1 merit would cost however 2 for 1 doesn’t sound too bad. Guilds not large enough to kill both bounties will still be able to work towards a new mission types while larger guilds that can complete the missions with only unlock them faster.
Non-mission unlocks would have their merits costs increased of course.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

The entire thing has been a bust IMO. The cost and process of unlocks as well as the missions themselves. The silence from the devs on this is most concerning. A lot of us were peeved at the state of this feature when it released, but I know I, at least, figured that ANet would quickly respond to the concerns and obvious issues and iron out those issues in a timely manner.

Well, they haven’t even acknowledged the issues, much less provided a roadmap for adjusting/fixing it.

I just don’t get it. It’s feeling like the rudder fell completely of the USS Arenanet once the game launched.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

I don’t know if I have anything of value to add.

We have done 2 guild bounties successfully and all our guildies had fun.

We look forward to them now every Saturday. Although it would be nice if it didn’t require so many people spread out across the world looking for the NPC. It takes longer to organize the event then to actually do it.

There seems to be an issue with some people not getting the loot chest even though they did dps to the boss. I think that should be looked at.

I didn’t read all 43+ pages of this thread, but that’s what I have to contribute to any discussion about guild missions.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

The only “response” has been for Anet to merge their thread into a smaller one…..
I found it interesting that they chose to merge them in this way, and not the other way round. (As they had been doing previously)

Wow, that is pretty bad. The original Merged Thread was somewhere around 140K views last time I took note of it, now it’s just a few K. Does that make it easier to ignore as a dev if the views stat makes it look like very few people follow the topic?

Could have been a mistake, but it seems there indeed may be a message there…

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Almoryk Kane.6085

Almoryk Kane.6085

There is NO POSSIBLE WAY for Small Guild to do Bounties. Anet is catering and licking the boots of big guilds. Small Guild our screwed when it comes to this new content.

Not Enough Time
Bounties Have too large a root and too hard to find.
It is not logical to find every bounty in advanced and then hope we get the right one and go to the right place.

On a good day we have about 12 people. Granted this was our first time but we spent a good chuck of the time running around to find the Bounty. The time should scale with your active guild size. And even then it seems impossilbe to do the higher tier bounties if your a small guild.

Anet is destroying Small Guild communities. Please don’t kill us. Some of us have been playing for 7 years on Guild Wars and we like our small communities. We shouldn’t have to recruit hundreds of members just to enjoy this new content. I don’t want to just be a number. I want to spend time and enjoy myself with my friends and do this new content with them.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: OrianZeta.1537

OrianZeta.1537

My primary guild isn’t active and coordinated enough to get into this content, so I joined another for general enjoyment and was glad they were able to research and are organized enough to do it. It’s a medium-size group, we had maybe 20 people working on bounties.

Let me tell you, it was very messy trying to coordinate for this. Assigning people just to find them simultaneously was very frustrating and time-consuming. Obviously we’re not the only guild out there, and what I quickly noticed is that we see each other as competition. If we weren’t ready (waiting on others to find their target) but other people come through and activate, it’s balls to us. The bounty dies and it’s off to find them again, throwing everyone else off.

I’m really not sure what to offer for solutions, but it has appeared to me the cost of admission is steep, frustration high and YMMV on success rate. It’s most definitely suited for large, well-organized guilds.

This was my first go at seeing what they are about and while they have good potential, it needs fixes in the areas of accessibility, scalability, time constraints and participation.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Cora.9745

Cora.9745

Wow, that is pretty bad. The original Merged Thread was somewhere around 140K views last time I took note of it, now it’s just a few K. Does that make it easier to ignore as a dev if the views stat makes it look like very few people follow the topic?

I certainly don’t think it was a mistake. I hadn’t noticed it before but you are right. By merging the official topic into the smaller one, the official one’s view count got reset. Now that is has been awhile, the are trying to diminish the topic.

I don’t think this has as much to do with devs wanting to ignore something as much as it’s about unwanted publicity. The more views/posts a thread has, the more likely it is going to be referenced in an article (Turbine and Blizzard come to mind. At least Blizzard backed down when the ‘merging with Facebook’ thing got huge attention.)

To me, it certainly seems as though they are trying to do ‘damage control.’ Giving interviews (which never fully address the concerns) while quietly, ‘corralling’ posters into one place to vent.

Dalishya Aibreann=80R/80T/80EL Eternal Night-Crystal Desert

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

I certainly don’t think it was a mistake. I hadn’t noticed it before but you are right. By merging the official topic into the smaller one, the official one’s view count got reset. Now that is has been awhile, the are trying to diminish the topic.

I don’t think this has as much to do with devs wanting to ignore something as much as it’s about unwanted publicity. The more views/posts a thread has, the more likely it is going to be referenced in an article (Turbine and Blizzard come to mind. At least Blizzard backed down when the ‘merging with Facebook’ thing got huge attention.)

To me, it certainly seems as though they are trying to do ‘damage control.’ Giving interviews (which never fully address the concerns) while quietly, ‘corralling’ posters into one place to vent.

you conspiracy loving guys make me laugh, I made a guild missions suggestion thread which was merged into this thread. When that happened the admin set my thread to the parent which caused everything to reset to the values of my thread. This is why the first post is my post.

It was a moderator error that reset the stats, the thread is exactly the same. Stop looking for conspiracies where they don’t exist.

The thread didn’t get smaller, and 5 seconds of looking at the page count and first post would have proved that ¬_¬ Come on guys…

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I get the feeling that it’d be more likely that they’re laughing.

I think they’d say that guild missions are working as intended. For some reason, they designed them for large guilds. They made them expensive so most guilds of medium to small size would have to grind to unlock them. That means more time playing and/or grinding, which they hope will translate to more money being spent as well.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Erebus.9276

Erebus.9276

Started with 5 people… 2 more logged in while we where finding our npcs… did t1 with 7 people had time to spare… hardest part is the wait while stuff builds…

Casual Dungeon Thief

Card ~> Thief | Casual Card ~> Mesmer

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

Started with 5 people… 2 more logged in while we where finding our npcs… did t1 with 7 people had time to spare… hardest part is the wait while stuff builds…

Some of the bosses are rather easy. The difficulty of the missions was never an issue for me, it’s about the rewards and the influence cost.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Some of the bosses are rather easy. The difficulty of the missions was never an issue for me, it’s about the rewards and the influence cost.

Exactly. I don’t think any of us are saying that small, disorganized guilds should be able to do the events. Small, organized guilds should at least have the opportunity to try. (Or do event types other than bounties…)

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Cliff.8679

Cliff.8679

As someone in a small guild that has no hope of ever unlocking guild missions, I just want to say that the implementation of the guild mission content is pretty shameful.

Why spend so much time adding in content that could be fun for everyone and set it up so only large guilds will ever benefit from it? I have no incentive whatsoever to assist in a guild mission I see going on, nor do I even have the ability to participate in some of the content if I wanted to. If ArenaNet wanted to enhance guild-related features, they should have focused more on prestige type stuff, like guild halls. Actual gameplay content should be something open for everyone to enjoy, regardless of the kind of guild they’re in.

On top of that, adding in ascended accessories and making the only method of obtaining them aside from guild missions require 50 ectos and almost a month’s worth of laurels each is just insulting. And based on what I’m hearing, the once-a-week nature of the merits is bad enough.

This is just stupid. And where’s the communication on this? Wasn’t 2013 supposed to be when they wanted to make a better effort communicating with the playerbase?