Windu The Forbidden One.6045

People QQing about it is the funniest part

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Guild Wars 2 April fools 2015 [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sodeni.6041

Sodeni.6041

HAHAH people in lions arch try to fly and jump off a bridge! We need to stop this madness! although its soooooo funny xDDD

Attachments:

(edited by Sodeni.6041)

Posted by: Goo.7926

Goo.7926

That’s lame

Still RIOTING in Rata Sum!!

Posted by: Wildkitten.3872

Wildkitten.3872

Sorry ANet-guys but this 1st April is the worst so far. The Animation is not funny. Under the current circumstances it’s a sign of bad taste. I could have lived with the animation,
but the “joke” music after jumping and dying is disgusting. I can’t even understand the
“ANet is settled in the US”-excuse for not knowing what’s going on in the world. Your market is made for Europe too. Pls think the next time, before patching something like this! Regards

No, this is not in bad taste, this is a great April Fools day in game gimmick.

I’m sure you are referring to the Germanwings disaster, however, this had to be planned and done long before some stupid fool did what he did. There is also the fact of not letting the idiots of the world affect how people live.

Perhaps it is you who should be thinking.

Jaina Kitten, Level 80 Elementalist, Main
Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: Goo.7926

Goo.7926

I hope Tequatl is in aviator mode too….THAT would be funny!

Posted by: Zaelocke.2348

Zaelocke.2348

People are QQing because they bought the game for enjoyment and some people aren’t enjoying it; myself, my wife, my brother-in-law & my mom included. It was fine for the 1st 5ish minutes but after that it becomes too distracting to even play. We recently finished our Personal Stories on our main characters (kill Zhaitan), I’m glad we did it then & not today. If there was an Opt-out option it would be better.

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

GG, Anet. Well played. I wasn’t expecting to buy something new to play from Steam tonight, but you convinced me.

Posted by: nickiehu.1674

nickiehu.1674

It’s no shame to cancel an event like this, when a tragady happens. It’s more like
a show of strength to say “ok guys, in the light of recent days, we wanted to do this or that on April 1st but maybe we should reconsider this” (Or atleast give ppl the chance to decide wether they wanna have this patch by giving them a turn-off button)

Wildkitten.3872

Anet, seriously, thank you for this. This has to be one of the most original in game April Fools I have seen yet, and not just with a Guild Wars game. Very well thought and original with the sepia tone, grainy movie look with the mono sound.

Very good, very nice, thank you

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

People are QQing because they bought the game for enjoyment and some people aren’t enjoying it; myself, my wife, my brother-in-law & my mom included. It was fine for the 1st 5ish minutes but after that it becomes too distracting to even play. We recently finished our Personal Stories on our main characters (kill Zhaitan), I’m glad we did it then & not today. If there was an Opt-out option it would be better.

Then don’t play for today, it’s not the end of the world you know.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

This so called " prank" for April fools is by far the worst i’ve seen in a game. Can’t even play the game and the sound(s) accompanying it is annoying to say the least.
This is supposed to be funny ? Seriously, any new player (if there still are some) would just consider the 10$ he/she spend a lesson learned and leave this behind as soon as possible when they encounter this.
Funny ? No.
Stupid ? Yes.

Posted by: Baltov.9608

Baltov.9608

Nice work Anet lol I LOVE IT! and Q.Q more everyone who is crying about it

Posted by: ShadowKatt.6804

ShadowKatt.6804

I know, right?

If something like THIS can completely ruin your whole day… you need some perspective in your life

Posted by: mako.2431

mako.2431

Seriously….are you that bored anet?

Posted by: AlphaDelilas.2873

AlphaDelilas.2873

That bloody sepia crap with the flashing/scrolling black lines gave me a migraine in the few minutes it took to get to the post processing check box. The normal game effects don’t bug me when set on low, but scrolling things like that trigger my migraines like nobody’s business.

Can we not do “pranks” that do that? Please?

Posted by: mako.2431

mako.2431

Dumbest prank ever in an mmo

Posted by: Pretzilstix.5841

Pretzilstix.5841

You’ve outdone yourselves this time. Slow clap

Posted by: TwistedFate.8705

TwistedFate.8705

seizures incoming! epileptics stay away today.

Wildkitten.3872

This so called " prank" for April fools is by far the worst i’ve seen in a game. Can’t even play the game and the sound(s) accompanying it is annoying to say the least.
This is supposed to be funny ? Seriously, any new player (if there still are some) would just consider the 10$ he/she spend a lesson learned and leave this behind as soon as possible when they encounter this.
Funny ? No.
Stupid ? Yes.

Very funny, you just like being a miserable person Mr. Scrooge.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: Aviate.1376

Aviate.1376

Im again log off sad and waiting for hot… anet again you made fail…

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is called April Fool’s.

Most games do something for it.

Funnily enough, if they had NOT done anything, people would have whined about that as well.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: warduke.1780

warduke.1780

As a Christian, I find the new bug highly offensive – everyone seems to be stuck in a crucifixion pose, and there appears to be no way to disable this. Even worse, I’ve heard this might be intentional.

Please remove this from the game, as I’m sure other Christians are offended also.

Posted by: AlphaDelilas.2873

AlphaDelilas.2873

seizures incoming! epileptics stay away today.

Yeah, that’s why I blew a migraine- I have a weird seizure disorder and the filter set me off. Not funny at all :<

Posted by: Tordi.8174

Tordi.8174

So a new joke… Yet it’s not really a joke, atleast it’s not intended as a joke. It makes the game more goofy yes but to the all time player of which PVP and PVE… Does it effect them? Nope! They can still do their thing albeit maybe abit hindered.

Now I speak on the behalf of the very few on this game, the little group of which is simply silent in the corner and gets what they can simply scramble for: The Gw2 RPers.
Time after time we’re not just neglected but we’re also ‘harmed’ in the sense we can not play the game as we so desire to. First of there is no server that is specific for “RP”, such as many other games have, this might be to the reason in WvW that server would have trouble which is understandable, yet the community has deemed two servers if you wish to RP to be suitable for this. EU has Piken Square and US has Tarnished Coast.

Last years bobble heads was bad enough, sure it was funny! But it was funny for five minutes and this lasted for how long? A week? The same goes for this years “Airplane fight”, funny! Then you run around abit, listen to the ‘sound effects’ you hear as you run and jump… Then comes the “Can I turn this off now?” And this is not just me and the small group of friends I’ve already spoken to and claimed “This is stupid now…”

I just deleted WoW last night and to be frank? I am near re-downloading it just for a week untill this passes because my screen on Gw2 atm is just not nice to look at. Which is really really bad, concidering how GW2 has simply grown, silly things like this? WoW tried it, and I know alot of people returning to GW2 after the “Selfie cam” of which had a filter like my screen has now! xD Not trying to draw a line between these two but… Most RPG players can find enjoyment in a joke, just allow us to turn this joke off and join the laugh with the rest of you pranksters!

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I know, right?

If something like THIS can completely ruin your whole day… you need some perspective in your life

Honestly, i was looking forward to doing dungeons tonight. That wont be happening. Cant see the animations of my character, which is irritating beyond all belief. How dare some of us want stuff thats fun for an entire day.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

lets not forgot the burning condition :^P

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

I’d prefer if they kept it in. In fact, make it actually a crucifix pose by giving me bloody ankles and palms and a crown of thorns. That would be an awesome April fools joke, it even ties in with easter.

Did you see the aviator cap on you character and hear the airplane noises?

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Yeah same, had to log off due to motion sickness, this april fools is a pretty stupid idea imo, it should have lasted like 5-10 mins per account and be done, as it is its a hell hole.

lordkrall.7241

I am offended by [insert something here] therefore you should remove it!

It is for ONE day. The fact that the character also makes sounds and have a freaking aviator cap on their head should make it rather clear that they are imitating airplanes, nothing else.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Kajan.7410

Kajan.7410

Okay, how do i turn this april fools off?

lordkrall.7241

It will be here for a single day people. I bet you can handle it. If not: Simply don’t play for one day and come back when it is all gone.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I know, right?

Honestly, i was looking forward to doing dungeons tonight. That wont be happening. Cant see the animations of my character, which is irritating beyond all belief. How dare some of us want stuff thats fun for an entire day.

I’m sure you will survive.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Why would you need to see the animations of your own character in order to fight properly? I sure don’t.

It ruins the way combat looks. And its not fun after the first 5 minutes of it(at least for me and obviously quite a few players). Despite the fact that bobbleheads gave me motion sickness i enjoyed that. It was fun, it was generally harmless. It didnt get in the way, it reminded me of the events we had in GW1.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

Very funny, you just like being a miserable person Mr. Scrooge.

It might be called an april fools day, and maybe for a 5 year old this airplane stuff might seem like “fun”, but for people who just want to play their game 5 minutes of this is more then enough, not even some option to turn it off.

It will probably last a whole day, maybe even a week… that’s not funny at all.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I know, right?

Why would you need to see the animations of your own character in order to fight properly? I sure don’t.

Do you really need to sit on these forums attacking paying customer comments towards Anet? Dont you have a game to play?

and considering combat animations are one of the main attractions to this game..ya I do need them to fight properly.

JQ Druid

Posted by: TheWalrus.4923

TheWalrus.4923

The issue with the “it’s just one day” thing so many of you stick with, is that this (for many of us with busy lives) is our ONLY day of free time, and now it is becoming a choice between something unbearably annoying or figuring out something entirely different to spend our day doing than what we had planned (and actually were looking forward) to do.

The plane thing is kinda silly and funny for a time, sure. In a town, whatever, not a big deal. But when trying to do anything out in the world, like exploring or wvw or spvp or anything besides actively being silly this just detracts from the game at best. What is the harm in their being an option to turn it off? Nothing. What is the effect of that option not being there? A bunch of players, paying customers, who feel cheated of what would have been an enjoyable day.

Posted by: Rock.3912

Rock.3912

GG, Anet. Well played. I wasn’t expecting to buy something new to play from Steam tonight, but you convinced me.

Agree- nothing against those who are enjoying this, but I am not into it. I am off to check out Pillars of Eternity.

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

WvW is an actual gem tonight. Thank you Anet.

lordkrall.7241

So you basically only have a single day every year to play, and that day just happens to be April Fools, which is known to have these sort of things?

As for turning it off: Sure, that could work I suppose. And I am sure the devs love spending time on creating stuff that people don’t even bother looking at for a day.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Grok.9725

Grok.9725

As a Christian, I find the new bug highly offensive – everyone seems to be stuck in a crucifixion pose, and there appears to be no way to disable this. Even worse, I’ve heard this might be intentional.

Please remove this from the game, as I’m sure other Christians are offended also.

Really? People can’t even hold their arms out like an airplane without offending the religious? You never did that as a kid?

You heard it may be intentional? From who? Oh right, if someone starts a rumour it must be true!

Of course in reality you must know that was not the intention, and intention is everything. Why be offended over something that was obviously not meant to be offensive? Why go out of your way to be upset?

Save your outrage for the incredible list of atrocities visited on humans every single day? There’s no need to make up kitten to be offended by.

Wildkitten.3872

So a new joke… Yet it’s not really a joke, atleast it’s not intended as a joke. It makes the game more goofy yes but to the all time player of which PVP and PVE… Does it effect them? Nope! They can still do their thing albeit maybe abit hindered.

Now I speak on the behalf of the very few on this game, the little group of which is simply silent in the corner and gets what they can simply scramble for: The Gw2 RPers.
Time after time we’re not just neglected but we’re also ‘harmed’ in the sense we can not play the game as we so desire to. First of there is no server that is specific for “RP”, such as many other games have, this might be to the reason in WvW that server would have trouble which is understandable, yet the community has deemed two servers if you wish to RP to be suitable for this. EU has Piken Square and US has Tarnished Coast.

Last years bobble heads was bad enough, sure it was funny! But it was funny for five minutes and this lasted for how long? A week? The same goes for this years “Airplane fight”, funny! Then you run around abit, listen to the ‘sound effects’ you hear as you run and jump… Then comes the “Can I turn this off now?” And this is not just me and the small group of friends I’ve already spoken to and claimed “This is stupid now…”

I just deleted WoW last night and to be frank? I am near re-downloading it just for a week untill this passes because my screen on Gw2 atm is just not nice to look at. Which is really really bad, concidering how GW2 has simply grown, silly things like this? WoW tried it, and I know alot of people returning to GW2 after the “Selfie cam” of which had a filter like my screen has now! xD Not trying to draw a line between these two but… Most RPG players can find enjoyment in a joke, just allow us to turn this joke off and join the laugh with the rest of you pranksters!

And yet WoW is famous for it’s April Fool’s Day gags too.

Honestly, you whiners are just a very vocal, SMALL minority. The vast majority love this sort of thing and it’s only ONE day. Really, going to complain about something fun for one day?

Not to mention you and all others who are complaining and say “Let us take this off”, well, YOU CAN turn off the majority of it. Simply play around in the video settings. Do you need your hand held to show you how in your entitlement mentality world? In capable of finding the video settings?

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: Blaster.5924

Blaster.5924

This prank is not funny! I could understand if this was in the big cities, and people that wanted to be pranked, fine I can live with that, but system wide?! No, this is not funny at all.

TheWalrus.4923

1) A week, not a year. I could have stated that outright, but I figured it would be obvious.
2) It is a game, not everyone does everything. If the devs get upset because not everyone enjoys everything they makes (something I HIGHLY doubt) then that is their issue, not mine. This is content I don’t want to participate in, it would be nice if that was being respected.

Wildkitten.3872

Please don’t come back for HoT. I don’t care if that is harsh, but if you have zero sense of humor, can not for one day have fun, then you just are not needed.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Please don’t come back for HoT. I don’t care if that is harsh, but if you have zero sense of humor, can not for one day have fun, then you just are not needed.

Reposted for truth.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Alkyone.7983

Alkyone.7983

Please make a quick patch to disable this for people who actually want to play the game or do some roleplay.

Plenty of reasons listed above. I’m glad some people find it humorous or original, but for me and the people I play with, it got unnerving after the first minute.

TheWalrus.4923

The vast majority love this sort of thing and it’s only ONE day. Really, going to complain about something fun for one day?

It is fun for some people, it is not fun for others. There is no ‘fun’ that is universal. Everyone that doesn’t find it fun is just asking for the option to turn it off, is that really so much to ask?

lordkrall.7241

Please make a quick patch to disable this for people who actually want to play the game or do some roleplay.

Plenty of reasons listed above. I’m glad some people find it humorous or original, but for me and the people I play with, it got unnerving after the first minute.

You can turn off the sounds by turning off dialogue.
You can turn off the sepia effect by turning off Post Procession.

There, it is more or less disabled.

The whole wing deal is something you have to deal with, and I doubt it will have any major effect on you as a whole, considering that it is here for e SINGLE DAY.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Tordi.8174

Tordi.8174

I love how people are like “Hey, guys! This is funny! Stop whining about this, the game is still working pretty darn well!” Then why are you here? I came to the Forums because something was wrong and all you who call us for haters? If everything is fine, why are you not in the game enjoying your good sense of humor? Or do you loom over the forums, ready to swoop down and troll those who actually care about their gaming experience?

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

The airplane animation was amusing for a few minutes after which I just ignored it. But the death music…. wow. I just laughed and laughed.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court