Guild Wars 2 April fools 2015 [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: slipit.6427

slipit.6427

I honestly dont mind the april fools joke, it just coincidentally happened to fall on the only 3 days i had to really sink into this game. I bought it last night and started playing, and i dont get time to really spend playing video games so for me its an unfortunate situation because after these couple days i wont really have time to play it alot =/. And its not even april fools yet, so i feel like all tonight and tomorrow will be unplayable in a serious fashion

Posted by: Borne Trickster.8254

Borne Trickster.8254

Anet does this every year… you lot should know that this will happen.. and be prepared for something incredibly idiotic. No use in complaining about an annual thing

Nari, Sylvari Necromancer of [Envy]

Posted by: Toxicity.5392

Toxicity.5392

I can’t express how much I hate this “joke” without getting a permban.

Fix it by the time I wake up.

I farm more than a chinese gold seller.

Posted by: Khasandara.4196

Khasandara.4196

Goign to be honest… I found it really fun and I just can imagine ppl running Lupi’s fight in Airplane mode, the sounds are good and everythign is fun.. But this weird filter is giving me headache; and probably I´m not the only one.

I care not for the plane stuff but this filter is just being something really problematic.

Posted by: wolfden.6841

wolfden.6841

I love how people are like “Hey, guys! This is funny! Stop whining about this, the game is still working pretty darn well!” Then why are you here? I came to the Forums because something was wrong and all you who call us for haters? If everything is fine, why are you not in the game enjoying your good sense of humor? Or do you loom over the forums, ready to swoop down and troll those who actually care about their gaming experience?

My thoughts too, most thought it was “cool” for like 5 minutes and so many want an option to turn it off, they didn’t attack the community, but now we got community fighting with each other on top of it.

If you like it, go play it otherwise stop attacking others..

windsorcoke 80 necro|active ingredients 80 ele

Posted by: Oheson.2319

Oheson.2319

I came home looking forward to playing. This stupidity hit and I logged out. This event was just stupid. I freaking hated it. Turn it off!

Posted by: DionysusAgain.8350

DionysusAgain.8350

I would have to agree, this is really not fun and just a PITA, guess I’m not playing until tomorrow.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Goign to be honest… I found it really fun and I just can imagine ppl running Lupi’s fight in Airplane mode, the sounds are good and everythign is fun.. But this weird filter is giving me headache; and probably I´m not the only one.

I care not for the plane stuff but this filter is just being something really problematic.

Turn off post processing the the filter will disappear.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

It’s that time of year again! Time for the forums to be filled with players tapping into their inner bitter old man side and complaining about the April Fools effect that will last a whole day!

Posted by: Wildkitten.3872

Wildkitten.3872

seizures incoming! epileptics stay away today.

Yeah, that’s why I blew a migraine- I have a weird seizure disorder and the filter set me off. Not funny at all :<

If you truly had a some form of epileptic seizures due to game flickering and such you would be well familiar with checking video settings to turn them off, which you can easily do to turn off the sepia tones and old style movie film grain look.

Jaina Kitten, Level 80 Elementalist, Main
Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: Tazera.4739

Tazera.4739

Ok, joke is over, after 5 min is not fun anymore, but annoying, me and my friend had to leave the game today because of the annoying not so fun airplane “joke”. If April’s fools is equal to annoy players just because, well, don’t know what else to say then!

(edited by Tazera.4739)

Posted by: Khasandara.4196

Khasandara.4196

Turn off post processing the the filter will disappear.

Oh, thats pretty good then, thanks

Posted by: Oheson.2319

Oheson.2319

Anet does this every year… you lot should know that this will happen.. and be prepared for something incredibly idiotic. No use in complaining about an annual thing

Now I know not to log in on this day. This is the stupidest thing in any game I have ever played. It is annoying and just unfunny.

Posted by: Topaz.4291

Topaz.4291

I’m personally a fan of this actually. So funny. Cant wait for WvW tonight Love the effect it has on the music and sounds, and the sepia.

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

Maybe the whole airplane thing is not in the best taste given the Germanwings incident.

Posted by: Vrita.7846

Vrita.7846

This thread in a nutshell after the prank activated: “NO FUN ALLOWED.”

Posted by: monkeyofmist.8529

monkeyofmist.8529

divinity’s reach has a secret room under the bird statue, west of the centre, it happened to me when i jumped from the beak into the hole. i glided down and seen a big shiny room with something in it but i couldnt make it out, (hopefully someone else will and will upload it here) doesn’t happen all the time though, i jumped off about 10 or 15 times and it only happened twice, so i think its random chance.
if someone finds out let me know whats in that room, it looked weird but couldn’t see it properly :/

Posted by: Wildkitten.3872

Wildkitten.3872

The vast majority love this sort of thing and it’s only ONE day. Really, going to complain about something fun for one day?

It is fun for some people, it is not fun for others. There is no ‘fun’ that is universal. Everyone that doesn’t find it fun is just asking for the option to turn it off, is that really so much to ask?

No, because some people don’t find the human storyline “fun”, so should they make a different one for each of those individuals?

Some don’t like certain events. Should they get a separate thing?

MMO’s are famous for April Fool’s Day jokes and it’s just as famous that the very few such as yourself that have very little sense of humor and can’t enjoy the fun of the game comes and complains wanting your way because you all seem to think your opinion is greater than that of the majority.

Not to mention, you can turn off most of it. Look for it. You are capable of thinking aren’t you?

Jaina Kitten, Level 80 Elementalist, Main
Yak’s Bend – Expletus

lordkrall.7241

Maybe the whole airplane thing is not in the best taste given the Germanwings incident.

It was over a week ago. There are things happening all the time at some place, going by that logic they should never be able to release anything.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Tordi.8174

Tordi.8174

April fool’s is for pranks or jokes, have you ever done any of the two that has made people laugh an entire day? Maybe a baby, hitting yourself in the head with a spoon, they love that kitten! Me? I laughed at this, explored it… And 15 minutes later I did not like this too much. Hence I’d like the option to turn this off. I’ll admit it, I have a sad existance and I spend the majority of my time on this game. Playing airplane I can do in the yard, maybe some sunglasses to get some of the same visual effect. Anet is not doing anything today but… For future stuff it might actually be an option. We can only hope.

Posted by: Bekkr.6192

Bekkr.6192

Best April 1st update in a long time.

The problem with the youth of today is that one is no longer part of it.
-Salvador Dali

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

Im again log off sad and waiting for hot… anet again you made fail…

Please don’t come back for HoT. I don’t care if that is harsh, but if you have zero sense of humor, can not for one day have fun, then you just are not needed.

Lmao, wildkitten, you sure think you’re all that and then some. If i were him, i’d come back just to P. you off and get you all wound up. You seem to have loads of fun trolling the forums instead of enjoying the “FUN” ingame.

Posted by: LtTiger.4568

LtTiger.4568

Yes, it might have been fun the first 5 minutes.. Guess what.. I got over it.. So I’ll just find something else to play until this is over. I don’t mind a prank, but for me this ruins the gameplay. So.. Enjoy your “planes” peeps..

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

Love it! A total surprise while mapping Timberline. Kudos A-net!

Posted by: nickiehu.1674

nickiehu.1674

I think it’s pretty funny how some ppl actually are denying the rest of the world any sense of humor just because of the fact, that they don’t like this so called joke. No I don’t like it. Yes I see some like it and can laugh about this, that’s cool, suit yourself. But that does not mean you know anything about me or about me having a sad existence without any humor and laughing.
And just because some ppl call themselves a majority does not mean they are actually one or IF you are: Please, please show me some statistics/ evidence.
I came online and the first minutes the chat was confused “Is it a bug?” “Is it intended” than everyone remembered it is 1st April… Some thought it was funny, but I read more postes in chat how boring or annoying this was after a few minutes. So does that really mean, all these guys have no humor? if you think so, maybe YOU should re-think…
Regards

Posted by: GettCouped.7846

GettCouped.7846

Having tons of fun with the airplanes. Thanks Anet.

Posted by: Tordi.8174

Tordi.8174

I think it’s pretty funny how some ppl actually are denying the rest of the world any sense of humor just because of the fact, that they don’t like this so called joke. No I don’t like it. Yes I see some like it and can laugh about this, that’s cool, suit yourself. But that does not mean you know anything about me or about me having a sad existence without any humor and laughing.
And just because some ppl call themselves a majority does not mean they are actually one or IF you are: Please, please show me some statistics/ evidence.
I came online and the first minutes the chat was confused “Is it a bug?” “Is it intended” than everyone remembered it is 1st April… Some thought it was funny, but I read more postes in chat how boring or annoying this was after a few minutes. So does that really mean, all these guys have no humor? if you think so, maybe YOU should re-think…
Regards

Who hears one joke and laughs at it for a whole day? It’s a reason why comedians with one joke aren’t really comedians, more like clkitten. Once they don’t laugh anymore they keep harassing you with the same joke because it made you laugh once…

(edited by Tordi.8174)

Posted by: TheWalrus.4923

TheWalrus.4923

No, because some people don’t find the human storyline “fun”, so should they make a different one for each of those individuals?

Theoretical people that don’t find the human story fun can either not play humans, or not do the human story, and the issue is solved. If they want to both do the main story AND on a human, and expect the devs to rewrite the whole story for them, then that would be ridiculous. No one here is asking anything of the sort though, we are just asking for the option to avoid the content entirely as is already available to the theoretical anti-human-story people.

Some don’t like certain events. Should they get a separate thing?

They can ignore those events, again which is all that is being asked. Stop putting words in peoples’ mouths.

MMO’s are famous for April Fool’s Day jokes and it’s just as famous that the very few such as yourself that have very little sense of humor and can’t enjoy the fun of the game comes and complains wanting your way because you all seem to think your opinion is greater than that of the majority.

How is asking for an option to ignore content claiming to think my opinion is greater than that of the majority? I want those who like it to have fun with it, have a blast, enjoy yourself, whatever. It’s your game too, have fun with it. Let me have fun my own way. It’s you so far who seems to think your opinion is greater than others, not me. I don’t want anything that affects those of you having fun with this, I just want the option to avoid it and play in a way that I find fun. If you can’t understand that then that’s your own issue.

Not to mention, you can turn off most of it. Look for it.

You can kind of turn off the filter, sure. You can reduce the sound, but that gets rid of all the other voice sounds as well. And the arms still stay in the weird position, which has already been noted to have various other negative effects on the game (difficulty aiming, players being visible past walls in wvw, etc). So sure the effects can be reduced, but not eliminated, which is what is being asked for.

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

Im again log off sad and waiting for hot… anet again you made fail…

Please don’t come back for HoT. I don’t care if that is harsh, but if you have zero sense of humor, can not for one day have fun, then you just are not needed.

Reposted for truth.

Reposted to point out the heartless, of which I am included.

Posted by: IBountyHunterI.4601

IBountyHunterI.4601

This could be a little insensitive considering some people could of lost people in the Germanwings crash…

:c

Help

Posted by: wolfden.6841

wolfden.6841

You can kind of turn off the filter, sure. You can reduce the sound, but that gets rid of all the other voice sounds as well. And the arms still stay in the weird position, which has already been noted to have various other negative effects on the game (difficulty aiming, players being visible past walls in wvw, etc). So sure the effects can be reduced, but not eliminated, which is what is being asked for.

Here is what I don’t understand, if one can disable some of it, why not just simply go one step further and let one disable it all than threads like this won’t ever exist

windsorcoke 80 necro|active ingredients 80 ele

lordkrall.7241

This could be a little insensitive considering some people could of lost people in the Germanwings crash…

:c

But going by that logic they can’t really release anything ever. There is always situations that happens around the world that can be connected to releases in the game.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Roxer.4609

Roxer.4609

First thoughts logging on today (I have post-processing off):

1. Why is everyone role-play a crucified Jesus?
  2. Wait, why do I do the same?
  3. What’s that pilot hat on my head, did Anet remove the only remaining sunglasses from the game?
  4. Ah, looks like there is a posture bug – hands are always in a default position. That’s Ok. They’ll fix it at some point.
  5. Now the sound is weird, I better change maps.
  6. Ugh, do I make that sound? Come on it’s not fun! Such a bugfest and all I wanted is to relax for a bit.
  7. Ah, wait, tomorrow’s April 1st and it’s past reset, so it’s already a new day in gw2. Pheeew! smirk
  8. Well, guess Anet could do worse.

Honestly though, this change made me smile for a second

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

As a Christian, I find the new bug highly offensive – everyone seems to be stuck in a crucifixion pose, and there appears to be no way to disable this. Even worse, I’ve heard this might be intentional.

Please remove this from the game, as I’m sure other Christians are offended also.

It’s a plane pose not a crucifixion pose omg…
Wooden crosses don’t make airplane noises.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Kentaine.4692

As a Christian, I find the new bug highly offensive – everyone seems to be stuck in a crucifixion pose, and there appears to be no way to disable this. Even worse, I’ve heard this might be intentional.

Please remove this from the game, as I’m sure other Christians are offended also.

It’s a plane pose not a crucifixion pose omg…
Wooden crosses don’t make airplane noises.

Obviously you’re playing crucify the pilot wrong.

Posted by: Lach.7031

Lach.7031

I came back after a 2 year break and this is silly that it last for 24hours?

/log off (til this weedhead who thought this was a great idea of a joke/event is over)

p.s. say what you want but some people dont want to run around looking like they are crucified all day (who thinks of this silly lame stuff…lol)

Kentaine.4692

divinity’s reach has a secret room under the bird statue, west of the centre, it happened to me when i jumped from the beak into the hole. i glided down and seen a big shiny room with something in it but i couldnt make it out, (hopefully someone else will and will upload it here) doesn’t happen all the time though, i jumped off about 10 or 15 times and it only happened twice, so i think its random chance.
if someone finds out let me know whats in that room, it looked weird but couldn’t see it properly :/

You can get their by using the elevator portals behind the bird, unless I’m thinking of a different room I landed in once.

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

USE CAUTION: Going into Black Citadel. Those Char have some wicked nasty armpit odor!

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Aiuris.9861

Aiuris.9861

Eh, I’ll add myself to the list of unhappy people here. It was funny for the first two minutes, but now that I want to play the game, it’s hard to see what’s going on, so I’m not even gonna try to PvP or run a dungeon.

Your first April Fools was a beast, best april fools I had ever seen in my life. Your second one was funny. As for this one, I could have easily lived without SAB, but playing without the option to turn this off is a no.

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Ways to disable them:

1. Airplane sounds

• Options > Sound Options > Slide Down dialogue volume

2. Movie grain (sepia overlay)

• Options > Graphic Options > Postprocessing > None (Low remove the sephia but keeps the the grain)

3. Aviator Helmet

• Use a costume brawl tonic/transformation potion and exit the transformation. This will revert your hair back to normal.

4. Other PC (player character) Models

• Options > Graphic Options > Character Model Quality > Lowest

5. Airplane Hand Position

Combat transformation changes your character look, including hands position.

If you find other methods of disabling the features, feel free to post em here.

(edited by Arikyali.5804)

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

Or log off and get sun like moi!

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

Posted by: edavy.5697

edavy.5697

Whoever thought this was a good idea should be fired. Obnoxious, hindrance to game-play, and it isn’t even amusing. F****** stupid.

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Got my dailies done and just logged. I don’t mind april fool’s stuff when it’s fun or very temporary. Making me mess around with graphics options so I don’t get a headache for 24 hours? Yeah, I think I will just not be online.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I’m offended that you think it’s a crucifixion pose.

And wow, all those children that pretend to be an airplane, how horrible they are, right? (please do insert sarcasm, because it is intended)

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Whoever thought this was a good idea should be fired. Obnoxious, hindrance to game-play, and it isn’t even amusing. F****** stupid.

Okay, im with the people wanting it removed. But you just went full kittening kitten. It was a good joke, for the first couple minutes of gameplay.

And you should never demand that people be fired. They work kitten this game.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: ZierJT.3821

ZierJT.3821

I just want to put my opinion out there.
The film effect is causing headaches and otherwise effecting people.
( So everyone knows to fix that turn off post processing in the video settings. )
The noise is easy to get rid of.

The idea of this endless punishment needs to be ended.
It is not enjoyed and forces me and a few others to log out.

I’m not sure if there is an issue in the patch or an issue in the broken airplane animations.
But, there is a response delay in the push of an action button and character response.
( not network lag – had a very low ping )

Posted by: Sir Meta.3402

Sir Meta.3402

He still has arm out ?
but thx for the tips.

Posted by: Vinegaroon.4369

Vinegaroon.4369

So it’s a WWII plane motif. I don’t find it funny considering WWIII in on the verge of happening. Not funny Anet, maybe you’re not up to date on the news but some of us are up to date. cancel this nonsense and think of something truly funny.

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I was only bothered by the airplane sounds – everything else was pretty hilarious. I heard it looks even more silly with a bobblehead..

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Yes, I should have to screw with/lower all of my settings just to play the game.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood