Guild Wars 2 April fools 2015 [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

They should just release this every year on 9/11, I would laugh my butt off at all the kitten people.

So would I, considering this has absolutely nothing to do with 9/11. Nor is it related even remotely in anyway. I mean if just the plane reference is that much of an issue, then all flights should be grounded to make sure no one is potentially offended by seeing one.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

“Please log off today if you don’t like joke.”

Really? Why don’t you log off instead if you do not want to hear other people’s opinions and impressions.

Not everyone have time to play all the time, every day. I have to work every day. Now, I found some time to play and this is what anet gives? Not to mention recent disasters….

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Posted by: Alex.1496

Alex.1496

They should just release this every year on 9/11, I would laugh my butt off at all the kitten people.

So would I, considering this has absolutely nothing to do with 9/11. Nor is it related even remotely in anyway. I mean if just the plane reference is that much of an issue, then all flights should be grounded to make sure no one is potentially offended by seeing one.

LOL dude you are really a White Knight. Keep it up!

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

“Please log off today if you don’t like joke.”

Really? Why don’t you log off instead if you do not want to hear other people’s opinions and impressions.

Not everyone have time to play all the time, every day. I have to work every day. Now, I found some time to play and this is what anet gives? Not to mention recent disasters….

What does an aviator cap and running around with arms outstretched have to do with a plane crash that was just gruesome enough to be mentioned in the news?

This whole thread is an april fools joke. I’m saddened that they tried to make something interesting, and people get so agitated that they can’t even appreciate it.

“Oh hey look a plane crashed, better not make plane noises”

The story was tragic. This has nothing to do with that except the subject matter.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

what a failed attempt at “humor” on Anets part.

/signed a tiny speck of the gw community….fail anet

Fixed it for you.

It’s 24 HOURS for god’s sake people. In the middle of the week. You should be at work, or at school anyways. You’ll live skipping the game for 24 hours. I dont know…. maybe clean your room/office/basement or wherever the computer is at (I know mine needs more attention than I give it). You’ll not miss anything other than people having fun. At least Anet does something for the holiday.

I dont get why people are so bent out of shape over characters mimicking what children to. Because some plane(s) crashed in the weeks before? kitten happens. I get that it’s sad, but trying to be offended because of entirely unrelated occurrences is worse. Instead of trying to start a lynchmob on the forums, just quietly object by waiting for the holiday to end and the game’s animations return to normal. Afterall, if Anet intended malice by an april fool’s joke, they could have done far better.

Posted by: Mads.2741

Mads.2741

@Akagami

I think you are greatly underestimating the mental capacity of a 7 year old. I talk with him about it, and I know that he is very aware of the difference between a computer game and real life. He also plays Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, World of Tanks, Torchlight 2, etc. GW2 is not that different in terms og maturity level. I would NOT let him play GTA2, or anything like that. But fireballs and greatswords are fine.

Sorry that you are offended, though.

I’m offended and worried about a 7 years old playing this game…i mean what if one day he starts trowing balls of fire from his hand and starts killing lizzards and plants and plant dogs…maybe some giant…plant…humanoid thingys….

This is nothing to laugh about…it is so offensive…he is so young that he will think everything is normal…and will start just switching from fire to earth atunments…or maybe pick up a Giant Kitten Greatsword and just swirl around…

it is insensitive and offensive to kids that can’t trow fire out of their hands…

Posted by: Purple Emu.3170

Purple Emu.3170

I came here to see what people thought of the april fools day joke. All the tears, my goodness. I thought it was hilarious. I went to EoTM turned off the sepia filter so I could tell which ones the baddies were. Then ran around playing airplane, eeeraaaaaaaaaaaam. My only beef was that I couldnt hear the airplane noise others were making so when I was running around with the warparty it would sound like a squadron of fighter planes.
Seriously folks, this doesnt prevent you from doing anything in the game, combat still works, gathering still works etc:
The game hindering aspects can be turned off (sepia filter)
If running around with your arms out making airplane noises bothers you that much just don’t play for a day. It’ll be gone later today.
Next year I think a good prank would be if all the PCs ran around as little crying babies.

Azure The Heartless.3261

Learn to take a joke. Or log off. Either is fine.

On topic:

Lol the salt runs deep

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Styxx.1564

Styxx.1564

I also enjoy the hypocrisy of the offended crowd.

“I feel so sad for the people who have suffered losses during this tragic event.. Therefore, I’m going to log in an online game from the comfort of my home, and go on a crusade on the forums against those who do not share my empathy.

I have done a good deed today………

Now if only I can go WvW/sPvP and kill some kittens".

Sounds about right!

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

Please fix. Ill be loging in to check if its has been removed.. wont be doing anyting other than checking… cant stand to play game like this.. bad move arena net for a joke this is more like a hack.. somthing lizard squad would do to make ppl not play.. you just hacked your self arena net are you stupid

Taking a break is good if you’ve been playing for long. Come back later when you have time to play again…

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

Posted by: Dakinia.8923

Dakinia.8923

I am disappointed I haven’t seen the sepia tone yet. Thought the plane thing was a glitch at first (didn’t hear the sound) and relogged. Found out from guildies it was the April Fools thing.

I want to see the sepia tone thing though.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Yes, I’m a white knight because I have some god kitten common sense and I don’t let everything and anything offend me. Because I realize kitten happens, that’s life. The world doesn’t just stop because of it.

If that makes me a kitten, well then see my signature. At least I’m an honest kitten.

Azure The Heartless.3261

Because a plane crashed in France, the April fools joke that Anet has been preparing well in advance cannot be about planes.

Also, because a plane crashed in france, it’s a good idea to log onto the internet and be offended that the world didn’t stop for the tragedy instead of doing something more productive for the victims, like donating to relieve the broken families the tragedy caused.

The forum reactions are the real joke today, fellas.

Posted by: OtakuPizza.6295

OtakuPizza.6295

well since i am born 19th of this month today is good day felt special xD! i enjoyed the game silly plane pose we did in school and those sounds xD .

had a Blast and Wishing April fools day to everyone!

also a Day off from Gw2 felt pretty good i caught up with friends and now watching some old anime Reruns !

Thank you !

Posted by: Xdmatt.3958

Xdmatt.3958

My third aunt on my grand-cousin’s side was small in stature, had large ears and died horribly when an electric pole fell, the severed cable whipped through the air and hit her, electrocuting the poor thing on the spot.

Therefore, I demand that all asura characters and NPCs are henceforth unaffected by the spell Lightning Whip, as I find it triggering. Additionally, ANET needs to issue a public apology in the form of email, website announcement and a two-page spread in New York Times, as well as a personal apology to me.

How am I gonna be an optimist about this?

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

xD

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

Really this is what you find insensitve when for months and months I have been seeing ebola jokes and nobody seems to care about those get off your high horses okay don’t attack Anet for this and not people who makes joke about deadly diseases.

Sylvari mean

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

I think the big issue was the noises the characters made… I am deaf and I barely noticed. I did turn the sepia off though because i got tired of it but other than that i played the game as usual; even had a few laughs at my Asura dancing. I think all in all it was a good April’s fools joke. Not everyone likes April’s fools jokes and you don’t have to, but try to keep that in mind the next time you hear someone doesn’t like you.

If everyone is so concerned about sensitivity over the Germanwings flight did you know that the airline company just kept on flying planes that day, kept selling tickets kept taking off, even though they didn’t know what happened to that plane. I think that is much more insensitive than a company in a completely different industry poking fun at a bug they had in beta testing.

PS. I also think a emote where you walk in circles making noise would be very funny to have.

Posted by: LuXx.9354

LuXx.9354

My cat dead one year ago…

Remove Charr, please. it’s extremely insensitive.

Posted by: Oofta.8036

Oofta.8036

I love it. I ran back and forth in front of the Amber area in SW last night. I found myself making machine-gun sounds as I attacked the mobs.

Some people don’t like it but they will get over it. Com"planers" are going to complain!

Azure The Heartless.3261

My third aunt on my grand-cousin’s side was small in stature, had large ears and died horribly when an electric pole fell, the severed cable whipped through the air and hit her, electrocuting the poor thing on the spot.

Therefore, I demand that all asura characters and NPCs are henceforth unaffected by the spell Lightning Whip, as I find it triggering. Additionally, ANET needs to issue a public apology in the form of email, website announcement and a two-page spread in New York Times, as well as a personal apology to me.

Yep, pretty much. If not now, then soon enough.

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

…I would suggest taking out the april fool immediately and write an ingame apology.

If no insult was intended then there is no reason to apologize. If some are insulted or take offense or are hurt that is their issues and not the responsibility of anyone else.

Posted by: Derez.6510

Derez.6510

People are stupid…. Super Adventure Box is not !!!

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Tragedies happen everyday you can relate any tragedy to video game content. It’s just that the media decided to cover the plane tragedy extensively that everyone knows about it. I don’t know how you people get by in your daily lives if something that lasts a day in a video game provokes anger out of you

Posted by: Ilien.5302

Ilien.5302

Thank you, ANet. Haven’t laughed like this in a while.

Get a life?

I’m not the one ranting about on a game’s forum… I’m too busy playing and enjoying the game or off and enjoying my beautiful, sunny day. <3

Alex.1496

Yes, I’m a white knight because I have some god kitten common sense and I don’t let everything and anything offend me. Because I realize kitten happens, that’s life. The world doesn’t just stop because of it.

If that makes me a kitten, well then see my signature. At least I’m an honest kitten.

you talk a lot about “common sense”. I am not entirely sure you can define what that is but I am pretty sure you will try to convince every poster in this forum that you fight for it. Go White Knights!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

When I logged in tonight, I first smiled. April 1st… However, my smile froze rapidly.

I don’t know why you guys are laughing but this is NOT FUNNY. Somewhere out there is a guy with his face FROZEN SOLID.

How about instead of joking around we get this guy some help??

I thought that was just one of the possible side effect of botox …

LanfearShadowflame.3189

you talk a lot about “common sense”. I am not entirely sure you can define what that is but I am pretty sure you will try to convince every poster in this forum that you fight for it. Go White Knights!

Apparently neither can you, because instead of offering an actual valid argument in return you simply resort to personal attacks. GJ.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Hey guys. So I just want to group my thoughts here as a game designer myself and if you want to post your opinions please do. Just remember this is my opinion from my personal perspective.

Which is it, just your personal opinion, or an expert opinion due to your experience as a game designer? You seem to want it both ways.

If someone comes home from working all day just to enjoy the game from a Role-Playing perspective they cannot do that because of this mechanic.

If someone starts a drinking game based on April Fools forum outrage, “comes home from working all day” should definitely be on the list of things that make you drink. I love how this idea of the work-weary laborer trudging home to her much deserved reward of some GW2 time is being liberally sprinkled throughout the QQ to increase the horror of ArenaNet changing our gameplay in such a dastardly manner.

It takes away from their immersion, which is a major part of the game experience for those players. It is never okay to hinder or deny an entire group of players from enjoying the game the way they want to, even if they are in the minority!

Now to the second topic. While the joke may have been completely innocent, ArenaNet should have looked into public events and changed what they were doing or had nothing at all.

It’s a stretch to link these two things. This is clearly a reference to kids playing airplane, the beta bug, and old WW2 newsreels. Other than “airplane” there’s no connection to the recent crash.

(edited by Gibson.4036)

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

this amount of negative posts is proof that this “joke” was out of order at the first place. Its very stupid move by ANET.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I am disappointed I haven’t seen the sepia tone yet. Thought the plane thing was a glitch at first (didn’t hear the sound) and relogged. Found out from guildies it was the April Fools thing.

I want to see the sepia tone thing though.

Try turning your post processing setting to high

Alex.1496

Apparently neither can you, because instead of offering an actual valid argument in return you simply resort to personal attacks. GJ.

HA, are you offended!? Don’t let everything and anything offend you. I don’t hide behind “common sense” so your statement is actually pretty ironic.

… btw I dont attack you but your posts on this forum. I didnt call you names or say anything about you just about your statements.

(edited by Alex.1496)

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

There has been a storm in Western Europe and 9 people in Germany died to it. I think the tree tonics are offensive now too.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/driver-fighting-life-after-car-5437599

I almost choked on a salad. Remove Sylvari they are walking choking hazards.

By the way i think that some people here don’t know what “White Knight” means.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

HA, are you offended!? Don’t let everything and anything offend you. I don’t hide behind “common sense” so your statement is actually pretty ironic.

No, not offended. Did roll my eyes at you though.

Azure The Heartless.3261

If being aware that life is full of unpredictable events and that running around with arms outstretched making plane noises does not automatically mean you are mocking the lives of individuals who died in a plane crash, then sign me up for White Knight-hood.

Posted by: Rustavin.4205

Rustavin.4205

Just put a toggle on the silly thing next time. It’s not that difficult, and a heck of a lot less annoying.

(If you didn’t at least chuckle when you first saw it, you have no heart. If you’re still laughing two hours later, you have no brain.)

Azure The Heartless.3261

Please fix and let us all get back to the game we love!

Okay. itll be fixed tomorrow.

@ Above:

No, the amount of negative posts is proof of how tragically delicate our society is becoming.

Wwefan.4982

SAB is not coming back at this time why can’t people understand those 5 simple words.

Sylvari mean

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

No matter how many players love it, simply the fact that so many don’t make that this was a bad idea. It’s a combination of things which some people annoy: the plane crash, parody of a crucifixion lane just before Easter, sounds & graphics… All unintended, but next time think twice Arenanet! (now where is my bunny with 7 ecto’s when I consume it??)

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

this amount of negative posts is proof that this “joke” was out of order at the first place. Its very stupid move by ANET.

The only thing this amount of negative posts is proof of is that several people are too sensitive and one has to wonder how they survive out in the real world. Whether or not the prank was out of order or not is a matter of opinion, not absolute fact.

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Given that we know the forum is a very small % of the player base…not really.

They gave us an actual % in one of the many red posts. I’m just too lazy to go find it.

Alex.1496

No, not offended. Did roll my eyes at you though.

Wait, I actually called you a White Knight. Is that wrong? Shouldn’t I? Because you have it in your signature.

Posted by: Aderic.6028

Aderic.6028

That’s life. If we had to mourn for every catastrophe we would be in constant mourning. Just try to imagine what doesn’t make the news.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

If negative posts were proof that something was a bad idea, there’d be an awful lot of stuff that would need to be removed from the game.

Posted by: Derez.6510

Derez.6510

Have a happy and fun April Fools day!!!

Posted by: Styxx.1564

Styxx.1564

There are White Knights.

There are Black Knights.

And there’s Batman.

Azure The Heartless.3261

parody of a crucifixion

lmfao

okay, im done. bye

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

And honestly there are plane crashes all the time. This one just hit closer to home for you because it was disastrous.

Not really. It’s been more frequent in recent months, but almost all due to pilot tampering. Almost starting to become a bizarre fad.

Crashes before last year are fewer and far between, and usually a result of some kind of system failure. There are actually more cases of a pilot saving an entire airplane from a catastrophic crash after a system failure than actual crashes due to system failure. Considering that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of aircraft flying every single day, those odds are actually pretty darn good.

Go to Nevada, there is an average of least 1 plan crash every 2 weeks. these are 1-2 man plans that are just forced down by winds and un-experience pilots but that remains the same.

No matter what Joke anyone does someone can find a “tragic” that has something to do with that joke…

If we tip toed over everything there would be nothing fun or funny.

Here is a source of some of the “Known” plan crashes in Nevada > https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zLTFDiKK9SWA.kN3kHRFZbgTU&ie=UTF8&t=h&oe=UTF8&msa=0

There are over 200 cases of missing planes (If my memory is correct)

SAB or RIOT

Wwefan.4982

Stop attacking Anet for this if you are going to attack the people ingame who make jokes about Ebola, having Ebola, kids dying in Africa amongst other things get off your high horse and attack people in game who make these jokes before attacking Anet who probably didn’t know this would happen.

Sylvari mean

LanfearShadowflame.3189

SAB is not coming back at this time why can’t people understand those 5 simple words.

lol you might want to clarify which 5 words you mean. since “SAB is not coming back” is 5 words, as is “not coming back at this time” Big different between those two phrases though.