Guild Wars 2: It's alive!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lance Coolee.9480

Lance Coolee.9480

A long post missing any relevance whatsoever, instead having to rely on “hurr durr y u still here?”

I get it. You have nothing worthwhile to say. That’s fine. Stop subjecting me to that please.

Nobody is “subjecting” you to anything. If you don’t like it, you can leave.

See what I did there?

“GW2 takes everything you love about GW1” – M. O’Brien
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“The most important thing in any game should be the player” – R. Soesbee

Posted by: Naminator.9316

Naminator.9316

People here actually make some good points.

Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2 and WoW: MoP.

3 HIGHLY anticipated games in the RPG circles, so there is a reason why population declined.

Hell I even played for Borderlands 2 and already have Torchlight 2 as well, and if I wasn’t in to GW2 so much, I’d be playing those.

Plus, there re people out there that burned through the game and played like 8-12 hours a day since release, and most likely are taking a break now.

Posted by: AlexanderFaust.4518

AlexanderFaust.4518

why is this thread still open?

Good question…

I, myself have stopped playing ~ for no other reason that I can never find anyone around to do anything =/

Every zone I go to is empty and/or void of proactive people *(chat is dead, big events like lyssa, balthazar, ect.. are ignored.

My original thoughts were that people maxed to 80 and just WvWvW now.. no real PvE left *(other than dungeons).

But then I go to WvWvW and there’s MAYBE 30 people on the map… goto a different one, only ran into 5 people and chat was also dead…

I mean, it’s just weird… o.O

Maybe GW2 isn’t “dying” but at the same time.. if I can’t find anyone ta do anything with.. then what other conclusions can you come to?

@people taking screen caps of the “server pops” ~ unfortunitly.. that info doesn’t mean squat, as AN are the ones that dictate what “High” ~ “Full” ~ “Medium” actually mean and/or represent.

TL;DR
Despite server jumping over the past few days to “high pop” servers.. I still can’t seem to find any significant number of “players” to enjoy the game with..

Defend all ya like, but I stopped playing BECAUSE the worlds feel like they’re empty.. *(BotZerg’s, excluded).

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

t’s just not mentally stimulating to people when there’s no healer paradigm to deepen the mechanics like in GW1.

Best quote ever. I want every MMO heal class to have the description when you choose the class as “Mentally Stimulating” on it.

Posted by: AndrewWaltfeld.4621

AndrewWaltfeld.4621

t’s just not mentally stimulating to people when there’s no healer paradigm to deepen the mechanics like in GW1.

Best quote ever. I want every MMO heal class to have the description when you choose the class as “Mentally Stimulating” on it.

Be an awesome utility skill name in all seriousness. (No sarcasm at all intended)

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

Seems that the majority of the negative posters have no solid proof for any claims of the game “dying”. Anecdotal evidence is meaningless.

The poster Dusk makes some viable counter points, with evidence that can easily be reproduced by anyone that logs into the game, and what are the responses? Nasty personal attacks is the best rebuttal? Attempting to cyber bully is inappropriate, and it really shows your ages.

Too bad you cannot enjoy the game, thank you for supporting it with your purchase, and have fun playing pandas, or whatever you think is a game that is “living”… lol.

Posted by: Cezton.2415

Cezton.2415

The game seems to be doing “pretty good” to me.

The servers seem to be plentiful for the most part. Lower level zones while not always on the ball, have their moments where new characters + existing characters are engaging events in great numbers. No doubt though there are times throughout the day where some of these zones feel bare. It’s an up-down sort of thing.

More people reach 80, less people populate the lower zones. Getting to 80 really isn’t hard, and there are quite a few zones to choose from. For example, most people are rolling either Human or Norn, this is a fact. It’s doubtful that you’ll see Kryta and the Shiverpeaks as bare as you would see the Sylvari or Charr zones.

There’s a lot of statistical fluctuation going on now in all aspects now that “most” people are settling in, zoning in on 80, or creating a second character.

To say the game will die out like SWTOR or Rift seems wrong to me. Played both, along with Conan, Warhammer and a few others. GW2 just feels more alive than any of those did following the third to fifth weeks. You just knew what was coming.

(edited by Cezton.2415)

Posted by: Mayam.8976

Mayam.8976

This is the first post hinting about the game “dying”. As far as the expedience of fixes, in my humble opinion at least, I think this is the fastest I’ve seen a company address bugs out of the gate right after launch. Wasn’t really any game breaking bugs by far. There’s still some quests and events bugged and the pace of “patching” has leveled out but I still see em putting in the work. I think it’s going great as launches go personally.

Just hazarding a guess here but, are all these “game is dying” threads I haven’t seen yet just coincidentally popping up in literal days post release the “Panda X-pac” of uh… whatever that other game is called. What an astounding coincidence!

Seems to me it’s been a universal truth since the genre took hold, not all games will be all things to all people, not even that one game uh… Watch-call-it, you know. Barring some really severe kittening of the pooch that’s just kind of a fact of life of choices in general. You know cake or pie, Coke or Pepsi , etc. and so forth. Anyhow I’m enjoying GW2 thus far. The other one’s just become a Frankenstein like monstrosity of the game I logged in to all those years back now, but hey some people still love it and more power to em.

Bashing other’s personal tastes because they aren’t the same as one’s own tastes is about as pointless as a post can get though. Not saying your doing that or even that you’re comparing the two OP, just saying in general because those types of posts eventually pop up on every game’s forums. Most notably I enjoy the relatively reserved and mature forum community of this game so far as well though. Seriously.

(edited by Mayam.8976)

Posted by: Zale.9645

Zale.9645

Seems that the majority of the negative posters have no solid proof for any claims of the game “dying”. Anecdotal evidence is meaningless.

The poster Dusk makes some viable counter points, with evidence that can easily be reproduced by anyone that logs into the game, and what are the responses? Nasty personal attacks is the best rebuttal? Attempting to cyber bully is inappropriate, and it really shows your ages.

Too bad you cannot enjoy the game, thank you for supporting it with your purchase, and have fun playing pandas, or whatever you think is a game that is “living”… lol.

Dude, it’s hilarious how they respond too. If you ask them to provide ANY factual information at all, they just call you names and ignore you. But when Dusk gives factual information to the contrary, they vanish.

I will never play WvW until Map Completion there is removed.

Posted by: AndrewWaltfeld.4621

AndrewWaltfeld.4621

Dude, it’s hilarious how they respond too. If you ask them to provide ANY factual information at all, they just call you names and ignore you. But when Dusk gives factual information to the contrary, they vanish.

Or they argue with you and put themselves into a corner with their own words.

Zale.9645

Or they argue with you and put themselves into a corner with their own words.

The thing is, I don’t even try to push a point. I stay neutral. But apparently asking for any evidence makes me a fanboy and a troll. Desperate much?

Posted by: Nefar.8135

Nefar.8135

I don’t think I would call it a ‘masterpiece’ but it’s surely not dying.

Posted by: sixfeetunder.6508

sixfeetunder.6508

Actualy the game is starting to dwindle down.

First 4 weeks i could go into any zone and there would be dozens apon dozens in the zones..so many you’d think your in the main city reading chat spam when infact its just players communicating, calling events or helping..Past week or so i barely see anyone chat outside of lions arch letalone see people grouping up running around killing events and quests.. Recently i just see them pop in a popular zone spaming for spawn times of zone events like a goldseller does in chat.

Guess the majority are capped lvl and or just doing the pvp thing.

Posted by: Starhawk.2958

Starhawk.2958

I think talk of games being dead a month after launch is an indication of our culture developing a very short attention span and the rise of instant gratification.

If an MMO isn’t “perfect” at launch then the game is doomed and everyone jumps ship immediately in a self-fulfilling prophesy. Really?

It’s like no one wants to invest a little time into anything anymore.

SWTOR is a good game, but it wasn’t perfect so people jumped ship to GW2. This isn’t perfect so people are anxious to jump ship to the next shiny thing. Granted SWTOR had the SWG fans vs the KOTOR fans clashing and no one was going to be happy.

Come on people, learn some patience already.

No offense, but SW:TOR was not a good MMO and a large portion of that game’s community left as a result. I don’t disagree with you that folks need to learn some patience with a game as it launches and works to iron out kinks, but some games are crap from the ground up and no amount of work is going to fix that, and SWTOR is in that category.

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

GW2 needs major overhauling in order to improve and actually last for years and years.

1) open world PvP
2) deeper encounter mechanics
3) better stimulation for dungeons and WvWvW
4) competitive PvP – Arenas, CTF modes + ladders
5) …

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

“OHMAGOD I KNOW 7 PEOPLE WHO HAVE STOPPED PLAYING AND THEY KNOW 5 PEOPLE TOO SO THAT IS AT LEAST 12 PEOPLE WHO STOPPED PLAYING AND IF YOU LOOK AT THE FORUMS YOU SEE A LOT OF COMPLAINING AND ANGRY STUFF AND THIS GAME IS DYING FAAAAAAASSST!!!1!”

I know 10 people who are still happily playing every day. They each have a nice friend list with lots of other people who still like playing. I see positive comments on this forum. When I enter Straits of Devastation, there are plenty of people to play with. I hardly see any bots.

so maybe I’m just lucky and picked the only comfortable server to play on, or maybe I just have some awesome friends. Or maybe, MAYBE, this game is not dying just yet.

My point is, as so many in this thread have pointed out – anecdotes don’t mean kitten. The game can improve – what did you expect? It’s only a month old. But to go around crying that it’s dying is premature, annoying and utterly pointless.

Posted by: Zaalg.3217

Zaalg.3217

I know 7 people who think aliens will land on the planet by the end of the year. I’m going to make tacos for the aliens. No, you cannot have any.

Zale.9645

I know 7 people who think aliens will land on the planet by the end of the year. I’m going to make tacos for the aliens. No, you cannot have any.

But tacos are delicious!

Posted by: Nodrog.7458

Nodrog.7458

Here you go

http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2

You will now probably claim that these statistics are irrelevant or something

I personally don’t play this game anymore and neither do any of my friends, I wish that we could… there’s simply nothing FUN content wise to keep us entertained any longer. The leveling experience was done right, but that’s about it. I think a large portion of the players feel the same way.

Posted by: nachdenki.2637

nachdenki.2637

Here you go

I personally don’t play this game anymore and neither do any of my friends, I wish that we could… there’s simply nothing FUN content wise to keep us entertained any longer. The leveling experience was done right, but that’s about it. I think a large portion of the players feel the same way.

I actually need to respond to that, because there are two important things about this

1) Is is unclear how this data got collected. It is not official, so it can be anything
2) This is not # of players, but hours played. It is completely natural for an MMO to have a huge amount of hours played per day after launch and then drop. I myself played like 8hrs/day after launch, but now I’m done to maybe 3, sometimes none if I don’t find the time.

I am not here to say the game is “dying” or “not dying”, but I am here to say don’t blindly read these statistics.

Posted by: Player.9621

Player.9621

im a cronic game addict, i play all day every day
i have given gw2 a good go and played the game through and throu trying several classes as far as i found them fun but between the countless bugs and blocking issues its hard to stay interested enough to see another character to the end in the games current state.
i really hoped this game would come throu but its lacking on too many levels.
perhaps in the future once they have addressed the most important issues they seem to be currently ignoring it may be worth the time.

Posted by: Natural.7013

Natural.7013

Get help. Plain and simple.

Posted by: alfista.6094

alfista.6094

Here you go

Statistics without the right data are useless.

This, as i understand, is the total game hours clocked by people using xfire while ingame. There is no information on the number of players ( or i can’t find it ) nor does it represent the entire GW2 community. I for one don’t know anyone that uses xfire.

So it could be that on release 50k xfire users played 2 hrs/day on average and these 50k players now play for less than 1 hr/day on average.
Or that half of those quit, and the other half still play 2 hrs/day.
Or there are even more players online than on launch, just playing less each day.

So basicly .. it pretty much is irrelevant.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Posted by: Rock.7324

Rock.7324

I don’t get this peeps. I’m lvl 71, have about a 100 hours played so far (only about 5% of the Vistas, tried only 1 jumping puzzle, have 2 professions on 150…so I’m mostly out in the world) and so far I’ve seen only 3 “bugged” events/points.

Where do you find all these gamebreaking bugs you all talk about?

(Also, to the people who complain about the world being empty… move?)

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *
Rockbaby – Asura Guardian, Desolation EU :)
Rockavenger – Dwarf Paladin, Bronzebeard EU :D

Posted by: Oxe.6142

Oxe.6142

People contributing a loss of players to Borderlands and Torchlight is hilarious. It says a lot that people compare GW2, which is supposed to be an MMO, to those single player games (that have a group option).

Posted by: Manakar.9208

Manakar.9208

I dont need statistics to see that less people are playing the game.. The game is not even 3 months old.. In my guild we had 500 active players with 250 players on at any given time.. Now the guild is lucky to have 20 people on at any given time..

When the game first came out there were hundreds of people in any given zone.. Now you can barely find people to complete events.. Specially boss events.. Chat in each zone is dead.. 1 person will say something and it willl stay like that..

When the game first came out you were stuck in a queue for WvW for hours and got put in overflow every time you loaded into a new zone.. None of that happens now.. I know some fanboys will say its because the devs increased the server caps… Thats just excuses to feel better about a dying game.. Fanboys say it with every MMORPG.. They said it about SWTOR.. And now the game is going f2p and the bioware devs(the founders) are retiring…

There are people like the OP with every MMORPG.. The most craptastic MMO has fanboys when it first releases that defend the game until its dead… They then say the game had so much potential…

The game has less people playing it.. Lets stop with the BS and agree on that much…

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

People contributing a loss of players to Borderlands and Torchlight is hilarious. It says a lot that people compare GW2, which is supposed to be an MMO, to those single player games (that have a group option).

Those games do have an effect on the number of people online, plus the release of MoP at pretty much the same time.

Some one in my guild logged on the other day and said “aah so many great games to play, so little time!” because he was trying to make time for BL2, Torchlight and GW2.

I played 2 hours of WvW with my guild on Sunday, then spent the rest of the day playing BL2 with friends until it was time for a guild dungeon run in the evening.

I know bunch of people who will be playing WoW and GW2. At the moment they have to level and gear on WoW, but after that there’s nothing to do on WoW except on raid nights. So the rest of the time will be spent on GW2.

There were practically tumbleweeds in my guild chat on WoW when SC2 was released.

A huge amount of mmo players do play other games as well, but they come back to the mmo when they get bored with / finish the single player games.

Yes, there are people who have stopped playing GW2 for unrelated reasons. But there are also people who are temporarily playing with the new shinies.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

To me it just seems there are a couple of servers that are perhaps in trouble.

But as long as people don’t say which server they are on it means nothing to me.

And of course there are less people playing it because there is always a percentage of people that leaves….they decided this game is not for them. That always happens with any product.

The more annoying part is that some of these people who should simply conclude this game isn’t actually what they were looking for, come here daily trying to focus their hate and disappointment in order to…..well, that’s the problem isn’t it. It usually isn’t constructive criticism but just reiteration and emotions so it won’t or can’t lead to anything useful.

Don’t like that this game isn’t a traditional MMO? Then you can stop playing and go to a game that does work for you. But becoming a forum doom prophet never did any good to anyone….even if it were true the game was dying. It still doesn’t help anyone or anything.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Rhyno.7084

Rhyno.7084

Are you guys ANet shills or something? The most destructive and cancerous disease an MMO can have is a player base unable to correctly identify its flaws. Everyone plugging their ears and closing their eyes when presented with legitimate concerns should be ashamed.

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Correlation doesn’t equal causation.

There could be many reasons why the game could appear to be losing players. From players spreading out, other games competing for time, or school starting, to bad patches, bugs, and bots…they all are potential reasons.

However, the reality is that unless ANet confirms this, none of us can know if the population is dropping. Anecdotes and bad stats are not sufficient evidence to because to conclude the game is dying.

What I would suggest is to spend time trying to bring whatever players are left together. So many people on here post about how events are lonely, only to have five more reply with, “I know, right!”

Why are these players not setting up groups in the game?

If the player base is indeed dropping, why are the members of this forum not suggesting social events that encourage players to find each other? I have not read one post about a party in Lions Arch on Sunday, or a Canadian Thanksgiving turkey hunt plan, or whatever..

Sitting around complaining that the Mae is dying without doing something about it is just complaining for the sake of it in my opinion.

Posted by: Wintyre Fraust.6534

Wintyre Fraust.6534

First, the fact that servers are generally full all the time is evidence that the game is in good health as far as active players. There’s just no reasonable way to deny that. Second, at this point, only ANET knows their sales/CS income figures, and only they (at this time) have any relevant statistics about the average player’s number of characters, level of characters, and what they do in-game, and what players are buying stuff from the CS.

All claims made in the Forums are just opinion based on anecdote. People talk about their guilds and friends leaving; my guild has been getting larger and larger with more and more people on concurrently, but then our guild is advertised as RP friendly, casual friendly and a real-life -comes-first guild, not a hardcore, raider or ultra-PvP guild. People talk about “empty zones”, I’ve personally never seen them. I run into groups of players everywhere I go, and we usually end up tackling a lot of stuff together.

One might ask themselves if their style of play is that which is isolating them. Did they pick a fun-based casual guild to go into GW2 with, or a rewards-based raiding guild? Are they playing in areas where few people have gotten to? I mean, virtually every time I log into an area in GW2, I get shunted to an overflow server. How can that possibly be interpreted that there are “few people” around?

A more likely explanation is that those who play like you, and for the reasons you do, have found there isn’t much reason to play GW2, and so go back to games that give them what they want, leaving a thinning population in those areas (high-level, high-risk, reward-centric game spaces), and that players who are in the game for reasons unlike your own are filling up low-level, low risk and moderate level zones in places where they play “for fun” – RPing, sight-seeing, DE’s, alt-running, hearts – even with their higher-level characters.

Raging Bull.5048

Whether the game is dying or not I don’t know. What I DO know is I’m rapidly losing interest. If nothing changes drastically for the better in both PvP and PvE, GW2 will be dead. To me.

Posted by: Wintyre Fraust.6534

Wintyre Fraust.6534

Whether the game is dying or not I don’t know. What I DO know is I’m rapidly losing interest. If nothing changes drastically for the better in both PvP and PvE, GW2 will be dead. To me.

Just like WoW is dead. To me.

Raging Bull.5048

Just like WoW is dead. To me.

That showed me.

Should I feel bad at this point? I am confused, was this supposed to mean anything? Fine, whatever. I’ll play along and say I’m not interested in WoW for quite a while now. Mostly due to monthly subs. I wish, however, that a game appears which will be actually better by today’s standards than WoW was back in 2004.

GW2 – if you tried of making a comparison between the two – is way, way, way inferior to WoW. Let me remind you: 9 years old WoW > a several weeks old GW2.

One would think people build up on ideas, improve further, compile good features etc. instead of starting from zero and falling short overall.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I like how 7 people leaving the game proves it’s dead, but overflows being common occurrence doesn’t prove anything at all.

People have this “I’m player 1” mentality, the “I think X so the majority thinks X” mentality.
If they dislike something then that something is bad and other people will massively leave it too.
Eh, they will grow up too.

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

what i don’t get is any one who actually logs on can see there lieing ((at lest on my server)) so who is this directed at, because as far as I know the only people that will really be comeing to these forums are people that already own the game.

and its not like i have a sub to cansule or any thing

Posted by: Guns and Giblets.9308

Guns and Giblets.9308

Why is this “hilarious”?

Honestly, why? I actually took a break from GW2 to play Torchlight 2 because my responsibilities were such that it would fit much better with my schedule (because I can pause single-player games). If I ever get around to Skyrim, I will certainly take a break from GW2 to enjoy that game for a few days (or weeks?).

Your post seems predicated on the notion that players only play one genre of games or some such thing. I’m not sure that is accurate.

“A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.” -Jewish Proverb

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

I spent 16+ hours yesterday in WvW. Nuff said.

Posted by: daoc.5087

daoc.5087

I do not understand people who think that a game must have millions of players to have fun. One server with a healthy population is enough for me to have fun.

Posted by: Arsenal.2601

Arsenal.2601

I am not privy to any real numbers, so I will not begin to speak in empty authoritative tones about the health of the game, although I do suspect it is healthy enough.

I will say this: not being at peak popularity is far, far different than dying.

“I’m always achieving greatness!”

Posted by: luchifer.6401

luchifer.6401

I ping pong between WoW and GW2 and 3d animation stuff.

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

guess my 440 hours in GW2 are all imaginary.

Posted by: Stevoli.8795

Stevoli.8795

I guess I should play something else because I can’t think for myself and I need people to tell me what I should be doing.

Posted by: Tsaritsin.5364

Tsaritsin.5364

I took a break from GW2 to play Torchlight 2,

I’m gonna take a wild guess and say that quite a large number of people took a break from GW2 to play MoP and Borderlands 2,

Does that mean GW2 is dead ?, lol No.

SWTOR on release was full to the brim with WoW players all taking a break from epic fail Cata,

Diablo 3 on release was full to the brim with WoW players all taking a break from epic fail Cata,

GW2 on release was full to the brim with WoW players all taking a break from epic fail Cata,

Errrrrrrrr,……….MoP just released,

Did you all not notice ??, lolz

Quite a large number of people have just gone running back to Blizzard to give them another chance, to try out MoP, have some fun, lvl to 90, play with Pandas, Poke some Pets, you get the drift,

Will they come back ??, who knows, who cares, Blizzard are past masters at suckering gamers into a cash cow.

To those that say – “what the hell, your insane, your mixing genres, what lives in MMO, stays in MMO”

Nonsense, sorry, but you are living in the past, you are a dinosaur if you think like that, a relic of the past, MMO’s went mainstream, did you not notice ??, lolz, that’s why they are all a bunch of dumbed down nonsense now.

People/Gamers (lol), flit around all over the place now, one day they are playing an MMO, next day an ARPG, one day a singleplayer, next day a multiplayer, FPS, yeah gonna shoot some kitten, lol, you get the drift.

I am playing an MMO, therefore I can only play MMO’s ???, lol, yeah lol

People/Gamers (lol) are mixing genres, it’s a brave new world, lol

People/Gamers (lol) are playing whatever the hell they like, and good for them, thats exactly how it should be.

People/Gamers (lol) are flitting around all over the place, as new games are released, player numbers in existing games will yo yo up and down, even those numb nuts at Blizzard have worked that out.

You either build your business model around that, or you drift into epic fail.

Can I put this more simply ??,

Err yes, stop being so childish, just play whatever game you like, have fun, and stop worrying about what other people are playing.

Is GW2 dead ??

Oh God, do I really have to call you childish again.

I shall not be there, I shall rise and pass,
Bury my heart at Wounded Knee.

Posted by: Mug.9403

Mug.9403

What is medium? What is low? what is high? What is full?

The answer is, they are numbers they have set and changed over the course of the game.

What are they now?

(I don’t personally care)

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

What is medium? What is low? what is high? What is full?
The answer is, they are numbers they have set and changed over the course of the game.
What are they now?
(I don’t personally care)

Considering their business model it doesn’t matter how many active players there are per week (no sub fees) so I fail to see why they would “trick” the numbers in any meaningful way. They could have increased the caps for all we know.

One thing is clear however, I’m meeting more and more level 80 characters out in the lower level zones. Why? Not sure exactly, but I’m out there for map completion. I speed leveled so quickly I didn’t see most of the world. Its nice now rummaging through books, talking to NPCs and listening to the story in dynamic events to understand the story in each map.

I started playing GW2 like I play WoW and that was a bad idea. I think more and more people are realizing that too.

(Now if only I could buy exp boosters in mists of pandaria..)

Posted by: EnaiSiaion.8072

EnaiSiaion.8072

Thing is, there is no sudden break in the Xfire player count as would be expected when a new game comes out. It peaked at the very beginning and then just gradually and steadily slid downwards.

Posted by: Feycat.4370

Feycat.4370

I’ve been playing low-level areas all weekend (Caledon, Brisban, Kessex, Gendarran Fields) – on my seventh alt.

I have had to ELBOW people out of my way. It’s not even funny how crowded the place still is.

Dying? Not so much.

Game enjoyment increases as time spent on the forums decreases.

Posted by: ShRNA.4376

ShRNA.4376

A somewhat related fact.
The stock price of Activision Blizzard (ATVI) is dropping to a point that is just 5 cents above its 52 week low today.
http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ%3AATVI&ei=OLJpUODoJqrB0QH8_AE
And this is just 6 days after the release of MOP.
So, chances are, WOW is getting killed, by GW2, maybe.

Posted by: Avatar.1923

diablo 3 killed wow