Gwynefyrdd, the Halloween miniature

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Good idea. I see no reason for it to be account bound if there is no 100% chance way to get it.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

I am not positive but the person that I seen had it in LA told me when I asked that they got it from the Exotic Trick or Treat Champion bag from the Legendary Monsters.

You mean people are actually killing the champs? I’ve been in the Labyrinth for the past 2 hours and seen all of maybe 6 other people total, all just running around doing small door events while fleeing in terror every time the Labyrinthine Horror comes around. I’m rather surprised honestly, day 1 and already deserted? Figured people would be down doing achieves at the very least. Especially if there’s exclusive loot from the legendary bags.

I’m only doing it with a guild having the map full only off guild members, 2 out of the 3 legendaries are a pain to deal with in a pug run, the candy legendary elemental love his projectiles that knockback and deal about 75% of your health if your zerker, so if you don’t reflect him he tends to wipe the raid.

The other annoying one has the tendency to AOE fear the zerg for 90% of their max health, besides gaining retaliation and summoning small mobs that also have retaliation if not killed ASAP

So doing it with a pug group as you can imagine is pretty annoying unless you only go for the other doors

Posted by: UncrushablePigeon.8760

UncrushablePigeon.8760

Mini Gwynefyrdd is a rare drop from Trick-or-Treat bags that is account bound.

Since there are people who’ve opened 15, 20 to 45k worth of tot bags without getting it, I would suggest Anet that you increase the drop rate or remove the account bound limitation so it can be bought on the trading post.

Posted by: GlisteningDragon.3975

GlisteningDragon.3975

Please. The drop rate (or lack of drop rate) on this is kinda crazy. I have opened roughly 4k and I have received 1 recipe and 4 pillow cases…

Posted by: MrPersons.1560

MrPersons.1560

Why don’t people understand rarity? That thing is supposed to be something you get if you are extremely lucky and show lots of dedication to farming in order to get enough bags to have a chance at it. Not everything should be handed to us, people are already raging that last years minis are too easy to get. That should be one of those HOLY CRAP I GOT ONE type rewards and everyone who sees you with it knows you are one of the few who has it.

No I do not have one.

Androcles Beartamer:Norn Warrior|Nadul the Mechanist: Charr Engineer|Espergem: Sylvari Elementalist
Sythern the Warlock: Human Necromancer| Lithia the Shadow: Human Theif
Lumata: Asura Mesmer|Arion of HonorHall: Human Guardian |Abigail the Tamer: Norn Hunter

Malediktus.9250

I would agree with making it tradeable. But it would go for several 100g at the current rarity.

Posted by: Pivit.7523

Pivit.7523

ive opend 80 stacks/20 000bags so far… still none… q.q

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

I might just start calling the game RSI Wars 2.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I absolutely want this mini. He’s adorable. Hopefully I get lucky with some of my farming.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

UncrushablePigeon.8760

The drop rate is insanely low, pple have been opening up to 45 k worth of tot bags and not seen it. Also it sucks that it’s not only rare but account bound too. So even if you grind for tot bags, you still may not get it. -_-

Posted by: Aerdwen.3069

Aerdwen.3069

Please try to keep all comments about this topic in the same place for easy referencing. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Gwynefyrdd

Posted by: Aerdwen.3069

Aerdwen.3069

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Thanks for your help, Aerdwen. We went ahead and merged the thread to keep all feedback and discussion together.

I’m glad you all are liking that little pup. I agree, he’s incredibly adorable!! Except… I thought he was a she. Do we know for sure?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Thanks for your help, Aerdwen. We went ahead and merged the thread to keep all feedback and discussion together.

I’m glad you like the little pup. I agree, he’s incredibly adorable!! Except… I thought he was a she. Do we know for sure?

shrug Cute either way.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: OvAeons.4012

OvAeons.4012

if Gwynefyrdd becomes trade-able i will be mildly angry cause i used it since it was account bound and would much rather sell it then have it…

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

I am not positive but the person that I seen had it in LA told me when I asked that they got it from the Exotic Trick or Treat Champion bag from the Legendary Monsters.

You mean people are actually killing the champs? I’ve been in the Labyrinth for the past 2 hours and seen all of maybe 6 other people total, all just running around doing small door events while fleeing in terror every time the Labyrinthine Horror comes around. I’m rather surprised honestly, day 1 and already deserted? Figured people would be down doing achieves at the very least. Especially if there’s exclusive loot from the legendary bags.

I’m only doing it with a guild having the map full only off guild members, 2 out of the 3 legendaries are a pain to deal with in a pug run, the candy legendary elemental love his projectiles that knockback and deal about 75% of your health if your zerker, so if you don’t reflect him he tends to wipe the raid.

The other annoying one has the tendency to AOE fear the zerg for 90% of their max health, besides gaining retaliation and summoning small mobs that also have retaliation if not killed ASAP

So doing it with a pug group as you can imagine is pretty annoying unless you only go for the other doors

The secret for the lich is that you need to stack up retaliation/reflect on the zerg. The order of operations last year was, gather at the door, push him into the house, beat down on him along with retaliation and every condition up. When the adds come they die quickly and everyone only takes a portion of the retaliation damage because no one person is focused on them for long. Rinse, repeat. If anyone screws up the zerg retaliations/reflects, then it gets sticky.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

the candy legendary elemental love his projectiles that knockback and deal about 75% of your health if your zerker, so if you don’t reflect him he tends to wipe the raid.

You need to use the fight mechanics for the Viscount. Before he starts doing the projectile attack, he’ll lay down Candy Fields, either right at his feet or a little ways away from him in each direction. Once he does that, you need to find and stand in the field to gain the Candy Coated buff, which makes you immune to the projectile volleys he follows up with. Periodically re-enter the Candy Field to replenish the buff, but don’t stand in it too long or you’ll have a Sugar Crash and your skill recharges will slow.

When you know how to deal with the projectile volleys, he’s pretty easy. Everything else he does is slow and telegraphed, and doesn’t do much damage even if it hits.

Posted by: Vladimer.7051

Vladimer.7051

I will add as a mini collector and a avid gem purchaser, I am rather ticked that the only way to get this mini is all based on RNG. I have already opened over 5k bags and nothing. I always buy the gem mini’s to complete my collection. I will have to stop now due to this matter.

boohoo to me I know, This is now the only aspect of the game I enjoy ( I am a digital Hoarder)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I will add as a mini collector and a avid gem purchaser, I am rather ticked that the only way to get this mini is all based on RNG. I have already opened over 5k bags and nothing. I always buy the gem mini’s to complete my collection. I will have to stop now due to this matter.

boohoo to me I know, This is now the only aspect of the game I enjoy ( I am a digital Hoarder)

I understand, Vladimer. I am the same sort — I’m still playing sometimes for a MPB (Miniature Polar Bear) in Guild Wars during the Wintersday event.

If you continue the quest, I will wish you luck, as one collector to another.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: GlisteningDragon.3975

GlisteningDragon.3975

I understand, Vladimer. I am the same sort — I’m still playing sometimes for a MPB (Miniature Polar Bear) in Guild Wars during the Wintersday event.

Any update on the drop rate, is the drop rate supposed to be so low?

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

can you at least confirm please that it drops for sure from the normal tradeable tot bags?
and then confirm that you wont change it so i can farm for them and spending probably hundreds of gold without regretting it later

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: Pivit.7523

Pivit.7523

100stacks/25000 bags still none…gtfo srsly

Megis.9264

In other words, we are kitten out of luck, if we expect to ever be able to obtain it, when the RNG hates us.

Posted by: Wonderly.1324

Wonderly.1324

I’m not sure you really understand the mentality of a collector, Gaile. I have every single mini in the game. Every. Single. One. For the sake of completing a collection, I purchased 2000 gems for Mr. Sparkles. For the sake of completing the collection, I’ve purchased every gem store mini, even the ones I thought were ugly and would never use. For the sake of completing a collection, I begged and bribed and formed a ToL team and trained for weeks to win a Mini Llama. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on gems, but always on gem store items, because I refuse to convert gems to gold for rewards that can be earned within game. If this mini were to be so unrealistically unobtainable that the statistical expected return would cost over a thousand gold in ToT bags and moreover this amount has to be amassed within a 2-week time frame, it would destroy my collection and eliminate my desire to continue pursuing a complete collection. This would eliminate my desire to further spend gem store purchases on minis, and also remove a core goal that drove me to play and enjoy this game.

I’m not trying to point fingers or start an argument. I’m only giving some player feedback on the matter. I only hope that my feelings are understood and considered, and I also seek to understand Anet’s perspective as well.

I think it’s great that some things are account bound, to indicate that the player participated in a specific event. I think it’s great that some things are really costly to obtain, to indicate the player has invested a lot of time and effort into the game. I think it’s great that some content is temporary/seasonal, to indicate that the player prioritized and participated in certain events during that time. However I think you need to carefully consider which combinations of these you put together, and combining all three, I propose, is a terrible idea.
I’m fine with Tequatl weapons because even if I kill Teq every day for a year and don’t get one, I know I’ll always have time to get one eventually if I’m dedicated enough.
I’m fine with precursors being the price that they are, because I know that I’ll amass the gold eventually, if I play long enough.
I’m fine with (and I have) every temporary living story skin that is no longer available, because they were all obtainable within a reasonable amount of time/effort/gold within the time frame that was allotted.
I am NOT fine with this Mini Gwynefyrdd because it is unreasonable to put in the amount of time/effort/gold required for the statistical yield of this item, within a two week period. Do you understand?

Vladimer.7051

I’m not sure you really understand the mentality of a collector, Gaile. I have every single mini in the game. Every. Single. One. For the sake of completing a collection, I purchased 2000 gems for Mr. Sparkles. For the sake of completing the collection, I’ve purchased every gem store mini, even the ones I thought were ugly and would never use. For the sake of completing a collection, I begged and bribed and formed a ToL team and trained for weeks to win a Mini Llama. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on gems, but always on gem store items, because I refuse to convert gems to gold for rewards that can be earned within game. If this mini were to be so unrealistically unobtainable that the statistical expected return would cost over a thousand gold in ToT bags and moreover this amount has to be amassed within a 2-week time frame, it would destroy my collection and eliminate my desire to continue pursuing a complete collection. This would eliminate my desire to further spend gem store purchases on minis, and also remove a core goal that drove me to play and enjoy this game.

I’m not trying to point fingers or start an argument. I’m only giving some player feedback on the matter. I only hope that my feelings are understood and considered, and I also seek to understand Anet’s perspective as well.

I think it’s great that some things are account bound, to indicate that the player participated in a specific event. I think it’s great that some things are really costly to obtain, to indicate the player has invested a lot of time and effort into the game. I think it’s great that some content is temporary/seasonal, to indicate that the player prioritized and participated in certain events during that time. However I think you need to carefully consider which combinations of these you put together, and combining all three, I propose, is a terrible idea.
I’m fine with Tequatl weapons because even if I kill Teq every day for a year and don’t get one, I know I’ll always have time to get one eventually if I’m dedicated enough.
I’m fine with precursors being the price that they are, because I know that I’ll amass the gold eventually, if I play long enough.
I’m fine with (and I have) every temporary living story skin that is no longer available, because they were all obtainable within a reasonable amount of time/effort/gold within the time frame that was allotted.
I am NOT fine with this Mini Gwynefyrdd because it is unreasonable to put in the amount of time/effort/gold required for the statistical yield of this item, within a two week period. Do you understand?

Nice post, well said. My feelings as well.

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Keep in mind that even if you don’t get him this year, the chances of him returning next year are very high. The Bloody Prince is an example, and they even made him far cheaper to obtain than the previous year. I can’t recall any Holiday minis that were not available the following year.

Also, ToT bags will always exist so even when Haloween ends, you will still be able to purchase them.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Keep in mind that even if you don’t get him this year, the chances of him returning next year are very high. The Bloody Prince is an example, and they even made him far cheaper to obtain than the previous year. I can’t recall any Holiday minis that were not available the following year.

Also, ToT bags will always exist so even when Haloween ends, you will still be able to purchase them.

Isn’t one of the set of halloween minis not purchasable still? (the ones that made/make mini carlotta) Isn’t that why it got put into the purchasable things for corn/nougats/skulls/fangs?

Also ToT bags will almost always exist, but the loot table will constantly change.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Isn’t one of the set of halloween minis not purchasable still? (the ones that made/make mini carlotta) Isn’t that why it got put into the purchasable things for corn/nougats/skulls/fangs?

Also ToT bags will almost always exist, but the loot table will constantly change.

I was referring to GW2 dropable/vendor minis, not Gemstore items. They usually come again during sale weeks.

ToT bags loot table wont change until the following Haloween. And if they do remove the pup mini from it, they’ll be sure to add it elsewhere.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Last night I spent several hundred gold, clicking bags for hours, and ended up with a few 1c recipes and a number of pillowcases.

Please make it tradable, so those with no luck actually have a chance to get it.

Also, my aching fingers and wrists would really appreciate it.

Agree, account bound items, to me, fall into the negative column of this game.

Account bound non-RNG items are a positive in my book because having them is proof that you worked to get it.

It’s the RNG that ruins it.

Megis.9264

It’s the only one that I need, at this point, the other ones that I don’t have, yet, I can easily buy or trade in tokens for. Except for the mystical dragon, which, though listed in the wardrobe, is unobtainable in the non-Chinese game.

Vladimer.7051

I think they should re look the RNG Mini, Or at least make them trade able so we all have a chance of completing our collection.

Posted by: RudolphMan.5417

RudolphMan.5417

just got it 200 bags in lol. http://prntscr.com/4z3srx

Posted by: Nighthawk.4687

Nighthawk.4687

Gotta love it… 200 bags gets mini

Another guy opens 45,000 bags and doesn’t get it. Gotta love that RNG

Maybe I should try a new approach and instead of buying stack after stack of ToT bags and opening them all, make a new account and open 1 bag which will contain the mini to bad it would be stuck on the new account cause its account bound :p

Sometimes I hate this game.

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

This is one of the few miniatures I actually do wait to collect, but RNG hasn’t favored me yet. On a side note, the amount of bags opened by some people is crazy OoO I had about 400 and I thought I was extremely lucky and was quite pleased but now I see 400 is nothing. Didn’t get anything of any value except enough candy for the 20 slots bag (which is what I was aiming for) and a candy corn miniature.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Posted by: OvAeons.4012

OvAeons.4012

can you at least confirm please that it drops for sure from the normal tradeable tot bags?
and then confirm that you wont change it so i can farm for them and spending probably hundreds of gold without regretting it later

i can 100% say that ToT bags drop Gwynefredfred, i got him from one.

and REMEMBER, CHANCE IS CHANCE!

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

Well said. 100% agree.

I would also add that this situation promotes degenerative gameplay and is at least borderline abusive/manipulative to a sizeable fraction of your player base.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I do agree that it should be tradeable, yes. However, if not, can you confirm if Gwyn will be back every Halloween so players can keep trying for her, Gaile? (Similar to how you could try farming for the Mini Polar Bear every Wintersday in GW1.)

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Gotta love it… 200 bags gets mini

Another guy opens 45,000 bags and doesn’t get it. Gotta love that RNG

Maybe I should try a new approach and instead of buying stack after stack of ToT bags and opening them all, make a new account and open 1 bag which will contain the mini to bad it would be stuck on the new account cause its account bound :p

Sometimes I hate this game.

I don’t think the devs understand the hatred that comes from this happening.
(I’ve now opened close to 55,000 and still nothing other than 7 cheap Zuzu minis, which I had already used 12 cobs on before I had it drop….)

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Thank you for installing Gambling Wares 2, folks! We hope you enjoy spending!

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

This mini is just a ghostly Goedulf with a fancier name, and ghotstly fur cannot be petted…

UncrushablePigeon.8760

With all due respect, Gaile, he doesn’t want good luck wishes, he wants another way to obtain this pet other than RNG. The Miniature Polar Bear you could at least buy if the numbers didn’t favor you. We don’t have that option here.

(snip)

I agree, this is exactly what’s wrong with this minipet. No matter how much effort you put into getting it, you may still not get rewarded for it because of the rng, but there’s no other way to obtain it. Yeah no thanks, I will gamble with virtual currency only to a certain extent, I’m not a glutton for punishment. I’m a collector too, so if Anet makes it impossible to complete your collection through hard work, then I’ll do what I did in SWTOR, I’ll stop putting time and effort into it. And money.

(edited by UncrushablePigeon.8760)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

This mini is just a ghostly Goedulf with a fancier name, and ghotstly fur cannot be petted…

just like Ghostly arrows / blades / missiles can’t hurt you?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Vladimer.7051

I was one of the many collectors that made the gem purchase deal with real money to get the mini mr sparkles.

I can see some time in the near future they may do a similar deal for the mini llama or mini mystical dragon.

I for one and many of my friends will never spend real money for any more due to this horrendous mistake.

Infact if I knew this was going to happen I would have never bound all my minis.

If this is not fixed I would like to unbound the minis slso I can sell them as of right now I will never complete the collection so there is no point. ;(

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Ah, the RNG. The most horrible, kittenty mechanic in any multiplayer game ever.

Fun times.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Wonderly.1324

Wonderly.1324

I was one of the many collectors that made the gem purchase deal with real money to get the mini mr sparkles.

I can see some time in the near future they may do a similar deal for the mini llama or mini mystical dragon.

I for one and many of my friends will never spend real money for any more due to this horrendous mistake.

Infact if I knew this was going to happen I would have never bound all my minis.

If this is not fixed I would like to unbound the minis slso I can sell them as of right now I will never complete the collection so there is no point. ;(

I feel the same way. I want to remain open to understanding why Anet decided to create an item that is extremely low chance RNG + account bound + costly + temporary. But if no explanation is given, I’d have the same outlook and request as you, wanting to unbind my collection, mini Karka and all.

Vladimer.7051

Not only un-bind them I would also want a gem refund for all the minis.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

I do agree that it should be tradeable, yes. However, if not, can you confirm if Gwyn will be back every Halloween so players can keep trying for her, Gaile? (Similar to how you could try farming for the Mini Polar Bear every Wintersday in GW1.)

The Trick or Treat Bags aren’t going away. They’re going to stay available all throughout the year, and the Maize Balm consumable item has been added to let players continue to generate new Trick or Treat Bags even in December or February or whenever we want. So the mini will remain available in the bags, at least up until next year’s Hallowe’en event where we might see new items dropping.

Go grab your Maize Balm recipe (it’s time-gated, one per day) so that if you can’t get the mini before the event ends, you’ll still have a source for new bags all year long. Then hit up Godslost Swamp with the Balm every now and then to get more bags and keep trying.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

5k ToT bags in, I am addicted. Do Want this puppy. I don’t care so much that its RnG. Jsut gimme lol.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Malediktus.9250

Yes, ToT bags not going away but will go insanely expensive after Halloween is over. It looks like it takes most people over 100 stacks to get one. Supply wont last long.

Posted by: KeyLimPi.9031

KeyLimPi.9031

All I see is my old friend, Tasuil the Brave. I’m also passed the 16k mark so yeah, I understand what a lot of you are going through