[HELP] We don t want guild mission

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Yeah just do some general stuff and earn a currency that way… boring! That simply is not fun, and we have seen the same with influence, it was a boring system. You should get specific task to do with the guild, challenges you complete as a guild. That makes a guild fun.

Seems to be working fine right now.

I disagree. The guild-missions are fun but influence just slowly drops in based on what guild-members do. There is no challenge or fun game-elements involved in getting them. It does not feel like an achievement you do as guild.

Lets say you would have a guild-dungeon and you completed it and got a special reward based in your effort, that would give the guild a challenge, goals and rewards.

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

Like I said, that is the weakest point in GW2. That is not great, that is boring.

I mean, even look at your own example.. you are not getting you legendary weapon because of economic reasons.. It’s a game. Getting a legendary weapon should be for completing legendary content, not based on economies. People can brainlessly grind gold and buy a legendary.. That takes all the value (from a game perspective) out of the legendary and indeed just makes it some economic thing.

I am baffled that you even give this as a reason why it’s good. Yeah I did not get a Legendary, not because I was not able to defeat that epic boss but because of economic reasons… Really, this is the explanation why it’s good? I would give this as reason why it’s bad. Different tastes I guess.

Economic = resource utilization. In game terms, that’s everything you can spend time getting, not just gold. Crafting items, other currencies, gear, etc.

I choose to spend my time (my economy, if you will) working towards other objects, like ascended gear, rather than legendary gear.

So, yes, it was a good example.

Daddicus.6128

I disagree. The guild-missions are fun but influence just slowly drops in based on what guild-members do. There is no challenge or fun game-elements involved in getting them. It does not feel like an achievement you do as guild.

Lets say you would have a guild-dungeon and you completed it and got a special reward based in your effort, that would give the guild a challenge, goals and rewards.

Now this is a good argument, although my statement still stands.

I could see making guild-based dungeon-like content that requires more people. Using a dungeon as an example, maybe a 10-person dungeon. I do think that dungeons being designed for exactly 5 people makes for a more interesting experience. So, making a 10-person or 15-person dungeon-like activity would make sense.

But, to forcibly limit the creation of the guild or guild hall to something like that is a bad idea.

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

My guild bank is a guild of four accounts, all under me. So for all intent and purposes it has 4 separate people in it. I should have a way of getting a guild hall as well. Please don’t make guild mission a required thing. I should be able to get the guild hall and all its upgrade by logging all the chars on each one. Please.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Grow your Guild? That’s actually a pretty decent slap in the face, Multi guilding has killed smaller growing guilds completely, If people are not tied to a guild in some way briefly then they will never get to know the players, everyone wants all options ready and running so as for GROWING a guild easier said then done. This could be easily fixed by having 1 guild policy and having alliances like GW1.

“Easily”
Also, slapinthefaceanet!

Really interesting to see what level of conversation the forums usually take. :s

To the actual matter, you say people aren’t interested due to multiguilding. Now, imagine that they’d bring in a 1guild&alliances change. Which of your guilds would a player not interested in growing a small guild right now be in? That small guild you’re trying to grow? Yeah, right. That’s going to happen. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Devata.6589

Now this is a good argument, although my statement still stands.

I could see making guild-based dungeon-like content that requires more people. Using a dungeon as an example, maybe a 10-person dungeon. I do think that dungeons being designed for exactly 5 people makes for a more interesting experience. So, making a 10-person or 15-person dungeon-like activity would make sense.

But, to forcibly limit the creation of the guild or guild hall to something like that is a bad idea.

The ‘creation’ is done by unlocking the dungeon. But additions to it could and should imho be done in a way like this. I think the ‘earn a portal to a WvW map by claiming and keeping a keep in that map is the perfect example.

The content fits the reward.. Sure people are ‘forced’ to do WvW if they want that portal.. but heyy.. it’s a WvW portal. Guilds have a reason to maintain a keep or tower or camp (make they all work but some give a better skin to the portal). That is imho way more interesting game-play for guilds then.. ahh just do some stuff, earn some influence / currency and buy the portal.

Devata.6589

My guild bank is a guild of four accounts, all under me. So for all intent and purposes it has 4 separate people in it. I should have a way of getting a guild hall as well. Please don’t make guild mission a required thing. I should be able to get the guild hall and all its upgrade by logging all the chars on each one. Please.

Seems to me what you are after is personal housing, not a guild-hall.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

The problem is mostly that there’s many kinds of different guilds with different sizes. This automatically means that some of the content needs to be balanced towards a subset of those guilds and another to another type of guilds. As such you will have guild mission which are balanced or easier for bigger guilds.

That said it remains that guild missions are already balanced to 5-6 players. And the entrance instance seems to be able to accept PUGs. Thus the system seems to me to be possible for smaller guilds with a bit of effort.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t really understand the ‘big guilds’ argument over setting the scale at 10 or 15 people. Aren’t ‘big guilds’ somewhere over 200 people? Even over 100? If scaling is so terrible, isn’t any instance that allows more than 20 or 30 people in going to be faceroll?
If scaling doesn’t work when it is set at 3 or 5 people, if it goes wonky once it hits double that, won’t it go wonky once it scales up over 30, over 50?

Or am I misunderstand what a ‘big guild’ is?

Why can’t there be different instances with different scaling parameters? Would that not serve everyone’s interests?

I think every Guild, small or large, should have access to Guild content. Guilds should show a united front to ArenaNet rather than squabbling amongst themselves. But, that’s just me.

Daddicus.6128

The ‘creation’ is done by unlocking the dungeon. But additions to it could and should imho be done in a way like this. I think the ‘earn a portal to a WvW map by claiming and keeping a keep in that map is the perfect example.

The content fits the reward.. Sure people are ‘forced’ to do WvW if they want that portal.. but heyy.. it’s a WvW portal. Guilds have a reason to maintain a keep or tower or camp (make they all work but some give a better skin to the portal). That is imho way more interesting game-play for guilds then.. ahh just do some stuff, earn some influence / currency and buy the portal.

For specific content, like a WvW portal or a 10-person dungeon, it makes sense that you would have a bottleneck at whatever is required. So, yes, for getting a WvW portal, definitely you should do something WvW-ish. (I avoid WvW and PvP like the plague, so I’m not conversant in those pieces of the game.)

If they produce something like the 10-person dungeon idea, then it makes sense that you would have to have a group of 10 people earn the right to go in. In a way, story mode dungeons vs. explorable dungeons was a good model for this (when it first came out). Now, you pretty much can do it with anybody, but early on, you had to complete the story before you unlocked the explorable. That model would work.

If it works, then they could add 15-person dungeons, or whatever, with similar requirements.