Vayne.8563, Xcom.1926, xephire.8324, Erick Alastor.3917,
Same guys, all days… Stop flood please.

Hey you missed MikaHR

Holy Grind Wars 2!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Dear Tora-kun

01. Apparently, for a lot of people anything besides sitting in LA and posting in map chat is considered a grind. The people are just being dramatic. many exaggerations .
Gw2 is not L T W ( Log in TO win ).
misinterpretation

02. 300 replies favorable to ascendend. I love ascendend. The people that are happy are busy playing and not complaining on the forums. Please stop flooding forum with complains!
300 replies pro… false (check page 23)

03. Game Statistics was very effective in the past ! Forum was not the reason! (tn: to obtain a change inside the game)
proof? And even if was true, is this a reason to stop expressing dissent?

04. Becouse complains flood the forum !
I m in forum to be informed about the game . Only for knowledge. But i see only complains.
complaining

05. All game forums are full of negativity, because the people having fun ( 90% ) are playing.
complaining

06. You need to do dungeons, world events, jumping puzzles, WvW, open world exploring to find chests, mini-dungeons, and crafting to get top tier gear…
if you find none of those things engaging and fun content then why in the world are you playing the game?
intentionally missing the point

07. disagree with you = troll?
defending yourself

08. Stop Crying Your Heart Out ( Oasis )
complaining

09. every morning same guys flooding this post. can any moderator close it?
complaining

10. Casual elitist are ruining this game.
complaining

11. causal eletists want a game L to W ( Log in To Win ).
complaining

12.Vayne.8563, Xcom.1926, xephire.8324, Erick Alastor.3917,
Same guys, all days… Stop flood please.
complaining

Happy to let you know that I posted as much as you did in this thread.
So I should tell you to stop flooding too
Plus even you still haven’t done it I’m sure you are able to share nice ideas with the community, if you feel in the right mood join our discussion without complaining about the “complainers” and give us some constructive feedback

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

I was suprised to not find my name on Erick’s list, because I’ve made sure to chime in on this topic elsewhere and have read all 24 pages of this thread. Apparently I just failed to post in it.

As is clear by my signature, I feel the way ascended gear has been implemented is terrible. I went from ecstatic that this game was promoted as not having gear to chase at endgame, to disappointed by ascended trinkets, but resigned because they weren’t overly burdensome to acquire, to finally deciding to cut off my financial support over the roll out of ascended weapons.

I recognize, as Vayne frequently reminds us, that companies change direction. I also recognize, however, that companies often sacrifice long term health for short term gains, and give up on a bold vision for a perceived sense of security. He’s right that we are in no place to judge why they’ve made the changes they have. We don’t know what forces they are responding to.

We do, however, have every right to judge the product of those choices. Like any consumer, we judge whether we are interested in continuing to buy a product or not.

Research has shown that for every customer who complains, there are twenty-six of like mind who do not. That means, according to Erick’s numbers, this thread represents about 3600 people who dislike ascended gear. I know of at least a few who don’t post here, but have voiced their complaints on fan and guild sites.

If you ask any worthwhile businessman, they’d rather hear customer complaints than have their customers just quietly leave for other businesses. Voicing our displeasure over the current direction of the game is a service to ANet.

Yes, it’s entirely possible that we are a tiny minority, and are expendable. Perhaps the money I used to spend in the cash shop is being made up tenfold by MMO traditionalists who are happy they have carrots to chase. I really like the original vision for this game, however, and am committed to calling ANet back to it for as long as I continue to enjoy enough of the game to keep playing.

(edited by Gibson.4036)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

Lol. People are whining about a 1% to 1.5% difference if that in stats. Oh god, laughing too hard.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

Lol. People are whining about a 1% to 1.5% difference if that in stats. Oh god, laughing too hard.

If you actually read the thread, then you’d have learned that because of the way things scale, it’s actually more than that, and with the introduction of ascended gear, it’ll be even worse.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Brimstar.9036

Regardless, you do not need Ascended Weapons to experience 99% of this games content. So, people are whining over something that is truly irrelevant unless they are in extremely high lvl FOTM, which I doubt less than 20% of the games populace is thay high and if they are, they mote than likely have a legendary anyway.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Gibson.4036

Ascended: 188major/ 134minor 1062-1173 weapon strength
Exotic: 179major/ 128minor 995-1100 weapon strength

That’s a 5% increase in the major trait, 4.6 increase in minor traits, and 6.7% increase in weapon strength.

Where did you get 1% to 1.5%?

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Gibson.4036

Regardless, you do not need Ascended Weapons to experience 99% of this games content. So, people are whining over something that is truly irrelevant unless they are in extremely high lvl FOTM, which I doubt less than 20% of the games populace is thay high and if they are, they mote than likely have a legendary anyway.

Or in WvW.

I know, I know, WvW isn’t about balance and it’s all about zergs and therefore everyone should be happy to run around in gear that gives them a 5% disadvantage over other players.

You don’t “need” exotics either. In fact, you don’t even “need” rares to do most of the content in this game. Lets put rares behind a stupid grind.

Hey, for that matter, you don’t really “need” to play the game at all.

And, it seems, ANet doesn’t “need” their original vision for the game anymore.

(edited by Gibson.4036)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

The worst thing about ascended as many people have probably already said is that it makes you focus on just one character instead of experiencing the whole game and all the “content” attached to different classes and races. for example i want to change my human warrior into a norn but i probably wont because my warrior has full ascended and i doubt i will have the patience to do that again. Honestly they shouldnt have added ascended trinkets or weapons into this game and they shouldnt add in armor.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

You don’t “need” exotics either. In fact, you don’t even “need” rares to do most of the content in this game. Lets put rares behind a stupid grind.

:D YES! someone else is realizing how troll it is to say “need”.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Brimstar.9036

Well, thanks Gibson, glad you need to agree it doesn’t make a difference. : D

(edited by Brimstar.9036)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Brimstar.9036

Or in WvW.

I know, I know, WvW isn’t about balance and it’s all about zergs and therefore everyone should be happy to run around in gear that gives them a 5% disadvantage over other players.

I’m sorry you feel that way man, as my math about % is completely off and it could effect WvW, which is something they should address or perhaps making the weapons easier to get, which they can be dropped from chests and perhaps add a easier way to get them once they start floating in the economy. Yet, this is definitely not going to ruin me playing the game and enjoying it. I believe the company has done a kitten good job so far of addressing problems and maybe we should give them time to.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Please give this a read.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ascended-vs-Exotic-Math/first#post1

They say its more like 13% to 16% and that is before armor appears..
Yes technically you do not need them….yet, but when some one slaughters you with them over and over in WvW enjoy it.

They did not need to be time gated, they did not need to exist in GW2 at all.

(edited by Dante.1508)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I believe the company has done a kitten good job so far of addressing problems and maybe we should give them time to.

I’m glad you’re happy. That doesn’t mean, however, that others should be. We all want different things from games. ANet is providing what some of the players want. They’re not providing what everyone wants.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

That’s a 5% increase in the major trait, 4.6 increase in minor traits, and 6.7% increase in weapon strength.

The 9 more points in Major stat wouldn’t be 5% increase when you take into consideration of the total the player had in that Major stat prior to having an ascended weapon.

Anyways, don’t see why people are complaining specifically of the difference between Ascended and Exotics, when the difference between Fine and Exotics on the day the game released is huge, so huge it makes the difference between Ascended and Exotics very negligible. Why no complaining about this disparity on the first day this game released? I have no doubt, that if Ascended was in the game as is on the day of release of the game, nobody would be complaining about it, just like nobody complained about the disparity between Fine and through Exotic.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Gibson.4036

The 9 more points in Major stat wouldn’t be 5% increase when you take into consideration of the total the player had in that Major stat prior to having an ascended weapon.

Ah, so we’re talking before the introduction of ascended armor, which is slated to be in game before the end of the year. Got it.

Anyways, don’t see why people are complaining specifically of the difference between Ascended and Exotics, when the difference between Fine and Exotics on the day the game released is huge, so huge it makes the difference between Ascended and Exotics very negligible. Why no complaining about this disparity on the first day this game released? I have no doubt, that if Ascended was in the game as is on the day of release of the game, nobody would be complaining about it, just like nobody complained about the disparity between Fine and through Exotic.

Look at the steepening of the curve to get said items.

Greens can be had for pocket change. Sneeze once you hit 80 and you’re in rares. Spend some karma, a little gold, and you’re in exotics. Spend accumulated laurels and guild commendations, and you’ve got ascended jewelry.

Now spend 200g in mats to get from 400 to 500 in a craft, probably more than one, salvage exotics for more mats, and wait through time-gates to refine others to get yourself ascended weapons.

And who knows what getting ascended armor is going to be like.

The requirements to acquire each tier steepens dramatically when you come to the most recent, ascended weaponry. You didn’t get complaints about fine through exotic because there isn’t a sudden grind presented to you. It’s not until you hit ascended that suddenly the game is trying really hard to make it take time for you to get fully outfitted.

It’s very clear that there was one design philosophy from fine through exotic, and then suddenly the design philosophy changes. That’s what people are ultimately complaining about. Not percentages. We went from “easy to get BiS, endgame is chasing cosmetics” to “BiS needs to take time so people keep playing”.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The more I think about ascended stuff, the less I like it. I still don’t see the whole doom and gloom aspect, but that’s another story.

There are things I’d like to do in the game that I’d have to put on hold if I want to do the stuff Anet wants me to do.

Which I think is one of the main complaints I’m seeing if I’m not mistaken.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

champ.7021

The more I think about ascended stuff, the less I like it. I still don’t see the whole doom and gloom aspect, but that’s another story.

There are things I’d like to do in the game that I’d have to put on hold if I want to do the stuff Anet wants me to do.

Yup you got that right. Main thing people dont like about ascended is that to have bis gear they have to do things they hate doing. I think thats the argument in most of these anti-grind threads

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

I don’t think the tiers will end, there is no way in hell. The problem they saw when they realized the game needed another tier, is a problem that occurs again, eventually. Not sure how fast though.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

champ.7021

whether or not they bring in new tiers its already gone too far. As someone who joined the game 5 months ago(well i got it near launch but didnt play for a long time bc of school) i have had a very hard time catching up with people. Took me forever to get ascended trinkets leveling up fractals getting nice weapons and armor and making new alts. Imagine what would happen to someone who came into this game near 2014 (or whenever they release ascended armor). He/she would probably be months of time gated content behind everyone else, and thats not including the stuff that person probably missed from LS.

(edited by champ.7021)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Vayne.8563

Yup you got that right. Main thing people dont like about ascended is that to have bis gear they have to do things they hate doing. I think thats the argument in most of these anti-grind threads

I’m not really concerned personally about having BIS gear. It’s other stuff that bothers me that causes some of the same concerns though.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

Don’t think everyone is doom and glooming. My concern is the slippery slope, I will forgive for this one. But next time I am out.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

EDIT4: Massive math failure. Ignore this post. My next post will explain it better.

Ascended isn’t a negligible increase.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ascended-vs-Exotic-Math

If you believe the 5% increase per hit (minimum), that’s 10% increase in dps, assuming each attack takes 0.5 sec (a guardian autoattacking on a greatsword is 0.5s).
This is equivalent to having a 10% increase in number of attacks per second (5% * 2 hits = 10% per second).

For the PvE, any vet/champ/boss fight (ie. fights that actually matter):
10 seconds autoattacking = 1 extra attack (10sec * 0.1)
60 seconds autoattacking = 6 extra attacks
300 seconds (5 minutes) autoattacking = 30 extra attacks
600 seconds (10 minutes) autoattacking = 60 extra attacks
(EDIT: To clarify anyone confused, that’s an equivalent extra attack per second)
(EDIT2: Ignore my first edit, it’s the equivalent extra attacks over the stated duration, if using exotic weapon.)

10 seconds autoattacking = 0.5 extra attack (10sec * 0.05)
60 seconds autoattacking = 3 extra attacks
300 seconds (5 minutes) autoattacking = 15 extra attacks
600 seconds (10 minutes) autoattacking = 30 extra attacks

This is autoattacking a single target.

When did basic arithmetic become so hard?
(EDIT3: Math is hard. eisberg is correct. See followup response below)

(edited by BlueZone.4236)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

eisberg.2379

If you believe the 5% increase per hit (minimum), that’s 10% increase in dps, assuming each attack takes 0.5 sec (a guardian autoattacking on a greatsword is 0.5s).
This is equivalent to having a 10% increase in number of attacks per second (5% * 2 hits = 10% per second).

I stopped reading after this, because your math is wrong.

Lets take your example: 5% more damage per hit. Lets say for an example only Exotic GS does 100 Damage per hit, and Ascended GS does 105 damage per hit (5% increase in damage). If 2 hits are made in a second, that makes Exotic GS doing 200 Damage in 1 second and the Ascended GS doing 210 Damage in one second.

That 10 extra damage per second the ascended has is still only 5% more than the Exotic GS does per second.

Also, it will not always be a minimum of 5% more damage, there is still RNG involved on what you will strike for. It can still be less than 5% more damage, and more often then not can still be about equal, because the lowest damage Ascenceded is still way way lower than the highest exotic.

(edited by eisberg.2379)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

zip

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/13tuac/im_the_studio_design_director_on_guild_wars_2_ama/c7762pk

and this is a post that Mike-OBrien suggested to read to understand why there is no gear treadmill:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/What-is-a-Gear-Treadmill/first

To sum it up:
If you can’t reach your carrot or can’t plan when you will reach it, it’s a gear treadmill.
If you can reach your carrot and then we give you a new carrot to chase, well that’s not a treadmill.

Not sure if he was serious or just trolling. :|

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

(edited by Erick Alastor.3917)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

I stopped reading after this, because your math is wrong.

Lets take your example: 5% more damage per hit. Lets say for an example only Exotic GS does 100 Damage per hit, and Ascended GS does 105 damage per hit (5% increase in damage). If 2 hits are made in a second, that makes Exotic GS doing 200 Damage in 1 second and the Ascended GS doing 210 Damage in one second.

That 10 extra damage per second the ascended has is still only 5% more than the Exotic GS does per second.

Also, it will not always be a minimum of 5% more damage, there is still RNG involved on what you will strike for. It can still be less than 5% more damage, and more often then not can still be about equal, because the lowest damage Ascenceded is still way way lower than the highest exotic.

I fail at math as well. Thanks.
In any case, the weapon provides a 5% average base increase, so this is still the minimum. You have to be like mystic toilet unlucky to hit below the highest exotic damage every time.
If you read the link, critical hits on a buffed up thief provides a 15% damage increase (due to the way power scales), so my corrected table provides a minimum extra attack (on average).
Throw in aoe, all non-autoattack skills in, I still don’t think that’s negligible at all.

EDIT: Here’s the (hopefully) correct table and explanation.
The damage output is still only 5% increase (minimum), but should give you a better feel how much it is.

Assuming each attack takes 0.5 sec (a guardian autoattacking on a greatsword is 0.5s).
This is 2 attacks per second.

10 seconds autoattacking (20 hits) = 1 extra attack (20 hits * 0.05)
60 seconds autoattacking (120 hits) = 6 extra attacks
300 seconds (5 minutes) autoattacking (600 hits) = 30 extra attacks
600 seconds (10 minutes) autoattacking (1200 hits) = 60 extra attacks

(edited by BlueZone.4236)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Gibson.4036

To sum it up:
If you can’t reach your carrot or can’t plan when you will reach it, it’s a gear treadmill.
If you can reach your carrot and then we give you a new carrot to chase, well that’s not a treadmill.

Not sure if he was serious or just trolling. :|

Yes. Even if you accept his definition that it’s not a carrot on a stick as long as players catch the carrot before they offer a new one, he’s failing to take into account the different ways people play.

Some people already have ascended weapons. For them, his definition says no treadmill. I play ten to twelve hours a week, and am allergic to farming. It looks like I might be able to get my guardian geared in ascended weapons before armor hits. I prefer, however, to play three or four professions, and there’s no way I’ll get them into ascended weaponry before the ascended armor grind is patched in later this year. By all indications I won’t have the armor before we get a level cap increase or the next tier of infusions.

That means, unless I give up on playing more than one character, I have a treadmill, even by his definition.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

Thoughts on the insane amount of Materials and Time Gating to acquire a single Ascended Weapon? As if this is what GW2 really needed in order to survive its second year on the market……

Hey GW2 you should consider paying a salary to all of your customers because playing GW2 is a full time job. For anyone who actually enjoys acquiring all this virtual non-sense can you please acquire and mail me the items in this below list? Thanks….

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/gw2-ascended-greatsword-crafting-32.jpg

Insane amount of materials? I crafted my ascended scepter 4 days after the patch hit… It was ridiculously easy to come by the mats and level the profession without bankrupting myself…

I don’t see the problem.

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

I was suprised to not find my name on Erick’s list, because I’ve made sure to chime in on this topic elsewhere and have read all 24 pages of this thread. Apparently I just failed to post in it.

As is clear by my signature, I feel the way ascended gear has been implemented is terrible. I went from ecstatic that this game was promoted as not having gear to chase at endgame, to disappointed by ascended trinkets, but resigned because they weren’t overly burdensome to acquire, to finally deciding to cut off my financial support over the roll out of ascended weapons.

I recognize, as Vayne frequently reminds us, that companies change direction. I also recognize, however, that companies often sacrifice long term health for short term gains, and give up on a bold vision for a perceived sense of security. He’s right that we are in no place to judge why they’ve made the changes they have. We don’t know what forces they are responding to.

We do, however, have every right to judge the product of those choices. Like any consumer, we judge whether we are interested in continuing to buy a product or not.

Research has shown that for every customer who complains, there are twenty-six of like mind who do not. That means, according to Erick’s numbers, this thread represents about 3600 people who dislike ascended gear. I know of at least a few who don’t post here, but have voiced their complaints on fan and guild sites.

If you ask any worthwhile businessman, they’d rather hear customer complaints than have their customers just quietly leave for other businesses. Voicing our displeasure over the current direction of the game is a service to ANet.

Yes, it’s entirely possible that we are a tiny minority, and are expendable. Perhaps the money I used to spend in the cash shop is being made up tenfold by MMO traditionalists who are happy they have carrots to chase. I really like the original vision for this game, however, and am committed to calling ANet back to it for as long as I continue to enjoy enough of the game to keep playing.

Can I +1 10000000 times? thanks.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Vayne.8563

I might point out the only themepark MMO that anyone brings up as successful uses the same tactics Anet is using…however…a tactic is not a game. There are different ways of implementing the same things.

People say this game is becoming more like WoW…I don’t think that’s true. For example, while both games have dailies, dailies in both games are handled very differently.

As for long term health, here’s the catch. Many many MMOs have lost playerbase and never regained them…far more than have lost playerbase and have regained them. Warhammer is closing down. It lost its playerbase and never regained it. Vanguard the same thing.

The only way many companies have gained a larger player base, is to use really horrible pay to win type stuff, or force you to buy stuff in their cash shop if you want to play the core game.

In DDO for example, if you want to play with your friends, you have to buy dungeon packs to get the same dungeons. Otherwise, you could be playing and your guild could say we’re going to do this dungeon and you’d have to say, sorry I didn’t buy that one. That’s how a lot of free to play games are.

SWToR is free to play but not so as you’d notice. You have to pay to really play a good portion of the game. As one friend put it, SWToR is pay to walk. lol

In the end, Anet did what it felt it had to. Some call that selling out. I call that being responsible.

Unfortunately, we’ll never know if they’d have been successful if they’d stayed with the type of game I’d have preferred.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

Anyway don’t show your support for ANET if you don’t like the direction they are going so they won’t make another WOW like game….

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Vayne.8563

Anyway don’t show your support for ANET if you don’t like the direction they are going so they won’t make another WOW like game….

Yes this game is very much like WoW. I mean they both have swords and staffs. It must be a WoW clone.

Saying a game is like WoW doesn’t make a game like WoW. Just sayin’.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

champ.7021

Yes this game is very much like WoW. I mean they both have swords and staffs. It must be a WoW clone.

Yup i hate when people say this game is like wow. Saying that gives no context to what this game really is and if anything if this game is exactly like wow (which it isnt) at least it looks a kitten ton better.
Even though i hate most of the ascended changes i think if they add some permanent content soon i wouldnt be as annoyed by it. The reason why most people hate ascended is that it represents an ideal to substitute grind for content. They promised / mentioned (cant tell the difference with them) that they might add some new content and the whole reason they were waiting so long to make permanent content was because they wanted to develop some reoccurring events so people have something to look forward to. Its been a year and they have done that so they should start working on permanent things.

(edited by champ.7021)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

xephire.8324

Yup i hate when people say this game is like wow. Saying that gives no context to what this game really is and if anything if this game is exactly like wow (which it isnt) at least it looks a kitten ton better.

I say its like wow-Exclamation
Expressing astonishment or admiration.I didn’t say wow clone.Learn how to read its all about the language and nuances

Holy Grind Wars 2!

champ.7021

Expressing astonishment or admiration.I didn’t say wow clone.Learn how to read its all about the language and nuances

sorry my reading comprehension is pretty bad right now. my sincerest apologies dearest sir/ madam

Holy Grind Wars 2!

xephire.8324

sorry my reading comprehension is pretty bad right now. my sincerest apologies dearest sir/ madam

Apology accepted.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

champ.7021

Apology accepted.

:)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Vayne.8563

LMAO! That’s funny. Had you not capitalized WOW, I’d have certainly not known how you mean it, but very few people capitalize WOW in the middle of a sentence. I’m pretty sure everyone here knew what you meant…and if it’s not what you meant, perhaps you’d be so kind in the future to not capitalize something that completely misleads those reading your post.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

lol but you all were against having Raids Dungeons, as if this was a better idea…

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

lol but you all were against having Raids Dungeons, as if this was a better idea…

I’d love a dungeon that’s designed around a large group of people. Just not one that’s gated with gear. It should, like the existing dungeons, be accessible to anyone, no matter what they’re wearing.

And it should be challenging because it requires skill, teamwork, and planning – not just gear with bigger numbers on it (yawn…)

I’d love something like that. Instead, we get…this. Ugh…

Holy Grind Wars 2!

xephire.8324

I’d love a dungeon that’s designed around a large group of people. Just not one that’s gated with gear. It should, like the existing dungeons, be accessible to anyone, no matter what they’re wearing.

And it should be challenging because it requires skill, teamwork, and planning – not just gear with bigger numbers on it (yawn…)

I’d love something like that. Instead, we get…this. Ugh…

Yeh if its an instance raid, we have more time to plan strategies with our guildies rather than with a bunch of random people all over the place and peeps guesting our servers.Good luck getting any coordination at all.All i can see is peeps kittening whose the better leader.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

Ultimate defense….of EVERY WoW clone*….and they all failed.

Just sayin.

Oh, and losing 5 MILLION players is NOT successful.

The ONLY MMO that still gains players is EvE.

*except Rift, they pretty much advertised as WoW clone. Didnt help much either way.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by MikaHR.1978)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Vayne.8563

Just sayin.

*except Rift, they pretty much advertised as WoW clone. Didnt help much either way.

First of all, comparing a themepark MMO to a sandbox MMO isn’t really convincing me of anything.

Oh look, niche Eve sandbox MMO has a growing population. They’re reached half a million players. Okay. Not really all that much for a theme park MMO, but certainly respectable for a sand box.

More to the point, how many of Eve’s players are casual? How easy is it to play Eve casually? You can just sort of log in, come back a couple of weeks later and log in again?

I don’t see how anyone can compare these two games…maybe individual aspects, but that’s not what you’re doing. You’re talking about success.

Secondly, the conclusions you’re extrapolating from information you have is flawed. Why did the games that mimic WoW fail? You’ve drawn a specific conclusion as if they’ve all failed for the same reason.

Many games failed because they were so buggy they were virtually unplayable (Vanguard/Warhammer). Others failed for other reasons. Some in fact, haven’t failed at all, they’ve just had limited success.

There’s a certain way of thinking that puts all your eggs in one basket. This game failed because of X, that game failed because of Y. There are very few games that fail for a single reason. Trying to show that you know the reason any of the games failed makes me question your entire premise.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

EVE has 500k accounts. I would be surprised if it has even half as many players…

One – Piken Square

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Vayne.8563

EVE has 500k accounts. I would be surprised if it has even half as many players…

Oh yes…several of my friends of multiple accounts.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

MikaHR.1978

Just sayin.

First of all, comparing a themepark MMO to a sandbox MMO isn’t really convincing me of anything.

Oh look, niche Eve sandbox MMO has a growing population. They’re reached half a million players. Okay. Not really all that much for a theme park MMO, but certainly respectable for a sand box.

More to the point, how many of Eve’s players are casual? How easy is it to play Eve casually? You can just sort of log in, come back a couple of weeks later and log in again?

I don’t see how anyone can compare these two games…maybe individual aspects, but that’s not what you’re doing. You’re talking about success.

Secondly, the conclusions you’re extrapolating from information you have is flawed. Why did the games that mimic WoW fail? You’ve drawn a specific conclusion as if they’ve all failed for the same reason.

Many games failed because they were so buggy they were virtually unplayable (Vanguard/Warhammer). Others failed for other reasons. Some in fact, haven’t failed at all, they’ve just had limited success.

There’s a certain way of thinking that puts all your eggs in one basket. This game failed because of X, that game failed because of Y. There are very few games that fail for a single reason. Trying to show that you know the reason any of the games failed makes me question your entire premise.

Ahahahhahhahahaahah

Yes, obviously, its not “fooling” you. MMO is MMO. You can compare MMOs as much as you wish and its a FACT EvE is champion in that field.

Limited success? You call WoW that now? To me WoW was a success, sorry. But its long time now.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

MikaHR.1978

What does it matter? The way Blizzard counts “subs” they may have 1/2-1/3 players also. + all gold sellers, do we count them out too?

FACT is EvE is still growing and GW2 and WoW lost crapload of players.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

eisberg.2379

What does it matter? The way Blizzard counts “subs” they may have 1/2-1/3 players also. + all gold sellers, do we count them out too?

Eve went into other markets they were not in before. Before they entered into other markets, they were not growing. Guild Wars 2 will grow as it enters into other markets as well.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

MikaHR.1978

Eve went into other markets they were not in before. Before they entered into other markets, they were not growing. Guild Wars 2 will grow as it enters into other markets as well.

GW2 already lost few times more players than EvE ever had.

GW2 FIRST have to actually get where it WAS at launch.

And EvE was growing still, before “entering new markets”….and afterwards. Its just that they hit 500k mark a bit sooner.

Of course, its slow but STEADY growth over 10 years.

Name another MMO that can claim the same.

(edited by MikaHR.1978)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Vayne.8563

Just sayin.

Ahahahhahhahahaahah

Yes, obviously, its not “fooling” you. MMO is MMO. You can compare MMOs as much as you wish and its a FACT EvE is champion in that field.

Limited success? You call WoW that now? To me WoW was a success, sorry. But its long time now.

Saying you can compare an MMO that’s a sandbox to an MMO that’s at themepark is saying you can compare golf to basketball because they’re both sports. Sure it can be done, but the validity of doing so must be questioned.

No one ever said WoW wasn’t successful. However, WoW came out ages ago, over 8 years, in a completely different market. Even Blizzard was forced to scrap Titan because it wasn’t going to work. So where’s their next “big” MMO?

Every other MMO has met with limited success in comparison. You bring up a game with half a million subs, from a playerbase where most people have multiple accounts. How many people are actually playing Eve? Do you know?