How did you get your precursor?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Got the harp precursor from random drop… sold for 40g on trading post. No other precursors in close to 2K hours of playtime most of which has been spent in WvW, PvP and some dungeons.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: jokerflea.9713

jokerflea.9713

I bought Storm and one day after I ordered it I got Colossus in the labyrinth as a drop from a skeleton and sold it

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

Spark from 24 rare daggers in mystic forge more than 1 year ago.
The Legend from a Risen mob in Cursed Shore 6 months ago.
The Colossus from a champ bag 5 months ago.
Tooth of Frostfang from another Risen 4 months ago (After I already bought mine, but due to price changed, I got a profit XD)

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I’ve made 7 precursors in the mystic forge. Kept Spark, sold the others, made Incinerator.
Friend got one from TA, another friend got one from Scarlet Invasion events, another guy I know got one in WvW from killing a necromancer in the borderlands. Hearing lots of chatter about them dropping from the boss event bags in the new zone.

Posted by: MrPersons.1560

MrPersons.1560

Mhm isnt it impossible? If you already have that skin unlocked, you should have salvaged it after the wardrobe update. I think its more like you got the skin from pvp locker :/ otherwise, you will never have it show up in your wardrobe. I salvaged plenty of exos contain BL skins before the update and they’re all long gone Q_Q

Oh, maybe it was from a PVP gear box or something. I thought I remember seeing the actual thing in my inventory at one point, and I started in September last year before the NPE, but I only remember getting like 3 PVP reward boxes. Why would they put a precursor skin in a PVP box?

Androcles Beartamer:Norn Warrior|Nadul the Mechanist: Charr Engineer|Espergem: Sylvari Elementalist
Sythern the Warlock: Human Necromancer| Lithia the Shadow: Human Theif
Lumata: Asura Mesmer|Arion of HonorHall: Human Guardian |Abigail the Tamer: Norn Hunter

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

For me, I logged in one friday night for reset night of WvW. Get in there and JQ starts running towards us. I’m thinking “ohh no” then I hear one of them yell “Hey Jerus, I came here to bring you this Zap, please take it and be happy” Well, I did, and I was. So I sold it, then used those funds to buy my remaining t6 mats and The Bard so I could craft The Minstrel. And now I run around with shiny musical notes floating around me.

Say what you will, but those JQ guys are nice people.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Bought them. Bought all 5 of them.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Mine (Tooth of frostfang) was actually gifted to me by a generous soul here on these very forums

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Mine (Tooth of frostfang) was actually gifted to me by a generous soul here on these very forums

Lucky you. At the value of them these days, I don’t see many gift away Dusk or The Legend. So, it’s save save save for me. :P

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

I asked Anet nicely, it’s the best way.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Mhm isnt it impossible? If you already have that skin unlocked, you should have salvaged it after the wardrobe update. I think its more like you got the skin from pvp locker :/ otherwise, you will never have it show up in your wardrobe. I salvaged plenty of exos contain BL skins before the update and they’re all long gone Q_Q

Oh, maybe it was from a PVP gear box or something. I thought I remember seeing the actual thing in my inventory at one point, and I started in September last year before the NPE, but I only remember getting like 3 PVP reward boxes. Why would they put a precursor skin in a PVP box?

Precursor skins aren’t treated as anything special. A lot of them aren’t even unique – for example Zap (the precursor for Bolt) shares it’s skin with the Crystalline Sword which sells for a few gold on the TP.

It’s the complete item, and it’s ability to be turned into a legendary, which makes them special, not their skins.

Which means they were included in achievement chests and other places that awarded PvP skins alongside all the other weapon skins.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I asked Anet nicely, it’s the best way.

Did it work or did they drop you in Mad King Thorn’s Hellish Cauldron where you would be throwing in rares and exos until eternity and never getting a precursor from it? :p

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.

And strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!

I mean, if I went ‘round saying I was an emperor, just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they’d put me away!

Quality posts right here.

And OP, I got mine from the forge, by putting in the level 80 weapons I got with dungeon tokens and pvp dungeon chests. Do dungeons for gold (You’ll need lots of gold for other parts of your legendary) and spend the tokens on the level 80 exotics of the weapon type you want. Dump those exotics in the forge.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping