How many Chars will you gear w/ ascended?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

I have 5 geared 80s, but have settled into the staff celestial elementalist as my main for wvw. It took an entire month to get my celestial set. I’ve decided to focus all of my energy on gearing the ele because I assume it is not going to be easy to gear out in full ascended. I’m still struggling to get to 500 artificing (stuck at 487 – please send me your ancient wood) for my staff because I’m relatively poor in game.

So the point of this thread is to find out how many of you intended to gear multiple characters with ascended armor, and if you plan to focus on a single character, which profession and why.

Thanks in advance for your participation.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

(edited by MrSilver.5269)

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

at most one, most likely none, playing less and less everyday, mainly flipping things
It would be medium (thief) armor, so LW…
:P the forum is funny though

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Only exactly zero.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Just like with weapons, none.
I don’t like crafting, in any MMO.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

500g on 5 weapons… 25g left in my wallet… Yep, none -_-

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I have 8 level 80s, and at first, I would never have thought I would gear them all with ascended trinkets, and just focused on my main. The they offered so many ways to acquire them, I have multiple sets on all of my characters. I can only deduce that armor would be similar.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

One. My guardian.

The only profession besides Warrior that’s “good” in all aspects of the game, and almost always welcome in groups.

My alts are classes that are all too deficient in some way to be worth spending the time and engery on to get Ascended for.

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

If crafting or RNG drops are the only way to acquire them then the answer is absolutely ZERO.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Zero. I’m not going to sacrifice or waste my game time, effort, gold or cash crafting. Until I can earn them as rewards through regular gameplay of my choosing without an unreasonable grind and purchase them off the bltc, this system for gear progression does not interest me.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

I thought you meant charrs for a sec. I was confused then lol cos I am just bad at english.

I don’t know yet. It depends on how hard/ the cost on obtaining the gear. If it is even more than 20g then probably not… but then again. they did say that it will drop off fractals so I will be doing fractals to get it. Crafting, definitely a no.

MrSilver.5269

I’ve never stepped foot into fractals because of the way they were rolled out, and because I just don’t care for pve.

I also don’t enjoy crafting… at all, but have been forced to do it because it is the only way you can get celestial armor.

Wish we had more info about the crafting grind.

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

I have 11 chars, of them 7 at 80, soon 8. Zero have ascended weapons. Equally as many will get ascended armor. Not worth the time and effort involved when having more than one character or even more than one build.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m sure I’ll EVENTUALLY gear up all my characters in full Ascended gear.

In, like, 10 years or something.

Right now, I haven’t crafted a single piece of ascended gear and don’t intend to anytime soon. I’m still getting all my characters in exotics (right now 4/5 have exotic armor, most have a mix of rare and exotic weapons, and only one has exotic jewelry with others having masterwork), no where near ready for the next step, especially not a very expensive and time-gated next step.

The only ascended gear I’ll probably get in the near future is jewelry. Just because you can get it with laurels and such.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Probably just the 1. It is much to long a grind to want to start over and do it again for another character.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Probably just the 1. It is much to long a grind to want to start over and do it again for another character.

or a different build (yaya for promoting build diversity lol NOT)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Hopefully, all 7 of my characters within 30-45 days of casual play (2-3 hours a day) will be decked out in ascended armor. Realistically, my top 3 characters will be decked out in all ascended gear, which would be my ele (main character), thief, and mes.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

depends on stat differences, if insignificant I really can’t be bothered spending trans stones

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I have nine 80s in full exotic. Most of them have 4-6 ascended trinkets. Two have 1 ascended weapon each.

I basically expect to put an ascended coat on maybe two of them, but trying to fully gear even one of them is beyond my drive.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

If it can only be crafted, zero just like the ascended weapons, and I’ll probably never bother with WvW again because of it. Anybody who says a 12% increase on primary stats and 8% on secondaries isn’t a significant advantage is disillusional.

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

0 and won’t ever buy one more fine transmutation stone with real money again in my life. Get the message if you want or just ignore it.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I speculated early, so I have enough mats to gear all my characters. My alts are overflowing with Bloodstone, Dragonites, and Empyreals. That feeling when you clear up inventory space next Tuesday…

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The gating material for me is dragonite. I just don’t play enough anymore to be in on all the temple flips.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I plan on only gearing 1 and making it celestial. It is just too expensive to have multiple sets for multiple builds.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

probably none. Eventually I might look at it but honestly I don’t need it. Even in WVW I’ll go without.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Doubt I will bother with even 1 of them. Don’t really see the point.

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

I think i’ll go for a total of ZER0. Why waste my time

Posted by: LyricDawnhagen.7803

LyricDawnhagen.7803

I will be crafting the same amount of Ascended armor as I have Ascended weapons. Zero. I was not a fan of the Ascended gear when it was announced and my opinions on Ascended gear have not improved one bit since then.

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

at least one just to say i did it maybe up to 5 if i keep playing unless something better comes along

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I plan to equip two characters with ascended armors. I estimate two (maybe three) months of work for it.

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

No idea yet what it will cost, and don’t care enough to research it, but I’ll do my usual thing of paying most attention to the Ele (because it’s the best profession) then if I can be bothered, the Warrior (because it’s the only other fun profession)

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

At most two, but I’ll be very angry about it the whole time I’m grinding for them (WvW player).

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I have 0 legendaries after a year but am still working on them.
I have 0 ascended weapons and quit working on them. I will just level crafting professions instead.
I plan to have 0 ascended armor and will wait for legendary armor so I never have to worry about changing builds and losing all that gold and time.

I have 5 level80 characters and 4 low level characters. Exotics were hard enough for me to get on all of them and some have more than one set (PvE/WvW). I can’t chose just one character to play.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

Zero of Nine.

/extra body length

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

All of them, eventually, probably, maybe…
Then again I have some characters that are still in rare+masterwork while others have multiple stat sets. Too lazy to really spec things out for every character and unless I am doing lv80 content it is hard to notice the difference. Does it die in 2 hits or 3? Not a clue since I don’t bother to count.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

One, of Six. I have ascended GS, Scepter and a Focus weapon on my Mesmer. That character also has a full set of Celestial Ascended trinkets. I think I have enough mats on hand to make a Celestial Ascended armor set for that character.

We will see how long that takes.

I am absolutely not going to grind/farm the mats to equip any other character with Ascended gear, which means I will still only have one character playing WvW, even if WxP becomes Account Bound some day. It wont matter. I only have one fully geared character for WvW.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

When the update comes out? None, because I’m still broke from getting 500 artificer, crafting 2 ascended weapons, and the countless skins in the gem store I bought that I couldn’t pass up.

However, when I do have the money, I’ll be going for full ascended celestial armor for my guardian (although I only have 16 charged quartz crystals at the moment), and I’m still undecided about what armor set I’ll craft for my elementalist.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

One, of Six. I have ascended GS, Scepter and a Focus weapon on my Mesmer. That character also has a full set of Celestial Ascended trinkets. I think I have enough mats on hand to make a Celestial Ascended armor set for that character.

We will see how long that takes.

I am absolutely not going to grind/farm the mats to equip any other character with Ascended gear, which means I will still only have one character playing WvW, even if WxP becomes Account Bound some day. It wont matter. I only have one fully geared character for WvW.

Yeah Ascended gear is really killing my motivation to WvW with my Alts. I was fine with the trinkets and somewhat reluctant with the weapons but the armor is just too much grind for me.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

I’ll probably equip my main, a ranger, with full celestial ascended armor; she already has 3 ascended celestial weapons (one a Tequatl drop). I have the probable materials already, except the quartz crystals, but I’m close on those. I think I have enough mats to get 500 leatherworker in a day or so.

After that, I won’t be “ascending” my few alts.

I can’t physically play PvP due to injury (only one hand), so I don’t care about PvP. I’ll be making the gear because I want it, not because I need it.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

IF i decide to do any it’ll only be my Mesmer and Ranger but chances are i’ll do 0

Posted by: Zayeban.2806

Zayeban.2806

One. My main character.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Zero.

I do not craft in games.

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

Only for my Mez, I’ll buy it with real money when its introduced.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

Posted by: UmbraVictor.9842

UmbraVictor.9842

Its ugly as hell.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

None I expect. Not completely anyway. I don’t see the need.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Wildman.9641

Wildman.9641

Zero. none, zip. No interest at all in what they are offering in the Armor part of the game so far.

Posted by: BondageBill.4021

BondageBill.4021

If the requirements are anything like weapons (I assume they will be roughly equivalent), then zero. I can always be surprised though.

“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Maybe one, most likely zero. im still burnt out from ascended weapons.

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

Out of sixteen characters (as of last night, 11×80s, 3×40s, 2×20s, 2 of each class), exactly none of them have ever had or will ever in the future obtain any Ascended Trash, Weapons, Armor or Trinkets. Unless I like the skin on something, in which case I might grind it out, then transmute that skin onto some Exotic gear.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

Zero. Exactly as many as are carrying ascended weapons.

MrSilver.5269

I just looked at the price of quartz… it is going to cost a fortune to craft to 500 and then get a full set of celestial armor.