How many Chars will you gear w/ ascended?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: canadez.5328

canadez.5328

I got 1 main character with ascended trinkets, because i can obtain them with a reasonable cost/time effort and i have a choice how to obtain it.

Now lets talk about weapons and soon armor. I only play WvW so my gold income and the mats i get are really limited and considering how ridiculous expensive crafting has become i probably can be happy when i got 1 full weapon set in a year. Not to mention i will be forever stuck in one build. What really upsets me is that im forced to craft and forced to level pretty much every profession.

Once everything is avaible in ascended it will make a difference. So yea id like to deck myself in ascended for WvW-

So to answer OP how many chars i will deck completly in ascended gear. Probably none, because i cannot afford the grind for it.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

GW2 > WoW – 53% completed

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

Maybe one character eventually, but only if they implement a reliable way to obtain this gear outside crafting.

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

If your talking ascended weapons and armor, I’ll probably equip some trinkets on my main and maybe a secondary toon but full blown full ascended trinkets, weapons and armor I’d say none. I think I’d be better suited to sell crafting materials to the folks who want to craft ascended gear which should be a really good source of gold.

Posted by: caiomacos.1694

caiomacos.1694

It makes me laugh how everyone is mostly saying zero. I remember everybody complaining about the ascended weapons at first. Now that’s all I most people have.

Now youre the one making me laugh. “Most people have”… lol

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

None right now since I have 0 in any crafting profession. I don’t consider crafting as a particularly fun activity. Nor the hunt for the materials. Maybe that I’ll gear my character it if we ever get an alternate method of acquiring ascended gear. Until then I’ll keep away from what I used to enjoy a lot in this game: roaming in WvW. I’m just not competitive anymore.

Posted by: Don.6510

Don.6510

two my warrior and my necromancer they both three ascended items

amd fx 8320 @4.0ghz, nvidia geforce gts 250, 32 gb ram 1tb hard drive, m5a97 r2.0

Posted by: Mike.5091

Mike.5091

Probably none. Can’t be bothered the effort + probably couldn’t decide neither for which char nor which build.

I still have enough Chars to level to 80 and equip with exotic first (though with the 3k or 4k WvW marks I prob have enough).

I duno, though I don’t mind Ascended too much it does somehow irritate me. Confusing …

Edit: Totally forgot about the costs too. I don’t even have 400 Gold on my bank, though it is quite full of resources + guildbank.

If I ever end up roaming on only one char in WvW I might give it a go. I’d rather have all my chars equally well equiped though.

(edited by Mike.5091)

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Ascended gear is the worst thing to happen to this game, imo.

Amen brother.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Probably one, I’ll wait for legendary trinkets and armour around May. Maybe.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

MrSilver.5269

I hope that Arenanet is reading this thread. It speaks volumes about what the the players want from the game, and it isn’t what is being forced upon us.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I have 6 80’s, my main have legendary and full ascended trinkets, 2 other 80’s are full lvl 80 exotic, 3 others are undergeared.
I’ll only make ascended armor for my ranger, the rest we’ll see … maybe in a distant future.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

As many as i can but more then likely no more then 3 to 4 mainly because i can stick with one hero for a long time and i can only see my self leveling up one more level 80.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: dbgfeller.8120

dbgfeller.8120

I have 5 lvl 80 chars with full ascended trinkets, because they are easy to get for laurels, fractal relics or trough the guild missions.

I have really a lot of money, but I won’t spend any of it for ascended weapons or armor, just because it’s not that good and it’s very expensive. I like the way we got ascended trinkets better =)

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Just my main, and that will probably take forever. I still have exactly zero ascended weapons as it is.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

MrSilver.5269

Ascended Weapons/Armor need to be obtainable through laurels and badges.

PERIOD.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

its ridiculous…

a good character has at least 3 armor sets… (for PvE, WvW solo different builds, WvW raiding, ..)
and at least 1 of each weapon and usually 2 of a few like 2x daggers or whatever depening on your class…

so you need like 10+ weapons and 3 complete ascended armor sets and 3 complete ascended trinket sets in order to be able to play all contents with best gear with just 1 char…

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Mike.5091

Mike.5091

I hope that Arenanet is reading this thread. It speaks volumes about what the the players want from the game, and it isn’t what is being forced upon us.

They probably are but they just switch on the ignore button.

I had np with the jewelry. Even if they take a while to collect there are multiple ways.

I’d like all ascended items to be acc bound, then I’d probably start collecting various sets.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

2 and they are even too much.
Since anet balances on PvP, your PvE/WWW progressoin can be deleted easily by any patch.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

Weapons and armor? None. Why would I grind for months for a pathetic stat boost.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Ascended gear is the worst thing to happen to this game, imo.

Amen brother.

Would say amen too, but I’m an atheist. GAmen.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

its ridiculous…

a good character has at least 3 armor sets…

6 on my guardian:

• Knight
  • Soldier
  • Berserker
  • Cleric
  • Rabid
  • Valkyrie

My trinket sets are:

• Soldier
  • Knight
  • Valkyrie

I also have different stats on weapons. Rabid for condi build, Cleric for healing, Knight for tank and berserker for dps.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I have 11 80s in full exotic, 8 of them are regulary played .. so at least if you dont get the whole armor set for the same amount of grind you need for a single weapon, then i will simply ignore ascended armor.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

None for now. Like most of us are saying, the cost is simply outrageous. Our purchasing power is dropping as prices continue to rise. I know Anet’s wishes this so we’ll start buying Gold (gems) from them. But, the cost of living in Tyria is beginning to be a bit much.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

18 lvl 80’s spread across two accounts, deleted some, now down to 8 lvl80’s and 3 that aren’t. All in full exotics.

Not even got trinkets etc for my main, who has 4 sets of armor/trinkets.

Set foot once in fractals, not my thing, and having to complete 3 or 4 in a chain to level up means that if I d/c, or have to deal with something in RL, i won’t achieve a level and will also kitten up whatever group i am in- no idea why they made it like that, if they wanted a level system they should have made each run count towards the next level….

Laurels become an agonisingly slow way to collect ascended trinkets when it’s one trinket (give or take) a MONTH- I need 24 trinkets just for my main!

As a almost exclusively wvw player I’ve pretty much given up on even getting ascended weapons for my main, and don’t even bother with alts mostly.

Need to face up to doing dungeon runs (did one, didn’t enjoy the artificial mechanics/puzzles) so i can complete my Quip- as they made dungeon tokens untradeable and that’s they only thing I need to complete it.

The biggest mistake they made was making ascended items untradeable. Maybe they will have a rethink like they did with wvw ranks, but I’m not holding my breath.

So ascended armor- if it has the same stupid time gating that the weapons have and untradeable materials then I’ll get around to making a set one day, but it won’t be something I’ll concentrate on.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

I have five ascended weapons, 4 crafted and one from a drop. I plan on eventually levelling armorsmithing to 500 and crafting full sets for my guardian and warrior.

I actually think that the ascended medium chest pieces looks awesome, so that would be the next project for my thief. Arena net: what were you thinking with the female T3 medium armor. It looks fantastic but what’s up with that visible underboob?? Why on earth would you design such armor…

Posted by: Amy.3524

Amy.3524

Zero! I can’t even get time to make the weapons, no way I will be able to get the armor.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

None for armors. I don’t need them anywhere, WvW included, and it’s a pain to get 500 crafting, so not doing that again after WS. I stopped concerning myself with the geargrinds ages ago.

Xae Isareth.1364

Arena net: what were you thinking with the female T3 medium armor. It looks fantastic but what’s up with that visible underboob?? Why on earth would you design such armor…

You know how it works in MMOs: for any female armor, the higher the tier or rarity, the less the flesh it must cover.

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Most likely, just 1, my Guardian, which is currently my main. I wont even bother with alts.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Nothing in this world worth getting is easily obtained.

Yes, but we’re talking about Tyria, kitten . The idea of ‘working’ (as opposed to playing) hard for hours just to get virtual items for a character in a fictional world is utterly ridiculous.

But back on topic: ideally I’d craft at least two full sets of Berserker gear for my warrior and mesmer. The mes is already halfway there with an ascended GS and sword, amulet and rings. But that dragonite, man. I don’t WvW, not into world bosses at all (less so since the update) and my RL schedule often causes me to miss out the temple zerg trains on the more active servers. I’ve easily got enough materials for another 5 weapons, save for dragonite ore. If this stuff stays account bound and locked behind zergs I’ll probably have to pass on crafting armor.

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

I won’t equip any character with ascended armor. I did it for 1 weapon and decided not to go through that grind again for some stats.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

Posted by: Gufuu.6384

Gufuu.6384

I’m not doing any grinding for ascended. The skins are mediocre, and if I did any grinding at all I would rather just save my gold for something better, like a legendary.

Ranger
Playing since headstart.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

At least my main! Have to mine and charge more chrystals…..

Kima & Co

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

I’m not doing any grinding for ascended. The skins are mediocre, and if I did any grinding at all I would rather just save my gold for something better, like a legendary.

Yup, I too will focus my efforts on a legendary weapon for now and other legendary equipment when it comes out. There is no way that I will go through the trouble of crafting ascended when balancing changes could mess up my build and force me to get new equipment. With legendary I can just switch the stats whenever I want to test new builds.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Just like with weapons, none.
I don’t like crafting, in any MMO.

And in gw2 you kinda need to craft stuff u dont use or need, so its pointless.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Xae Isareth.1364

Yes, but we’re talking about Tyria, kitten . The idea of ‘working’ (as opposed to playing) hard for hours just to get virtual items for a character in a fictional world is utterly ridiculous.

Funny you say that because if anyone ever made a MMO where you don’t have to work for anything and everything just gets given to you like in a one-player game, I can guarantee you it would sink faster than the Titanic.

The thing is, a lot of people don’t treat MMOs just as a game, it often ends up being more of a second life, where your character is another you in another world, and thus just like the real world, they set goals, achieve those goals and feel proud that they managed it.

Especially as technology advances and devs can make virtual worlds more and more believable and realistic, and immersion having become a massive thing in MMOs, they are having more and more of a second life aspect to them, and the mental boundaries between virtual and real are really now quite thin.

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

One. My guardian.
The only profession besides Warrior that’s “good” in all aspects of the game, and almost always welcome in groups.

Guardian as a class is good in all aspects of the game, but you still need different armor sets, weapons, trinkets, sigils and runes for each aspect of the game if you wanna be a good player.

Bläck Dähliä

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Eight. One of each class.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

0, haven’t even crafted an Ascended Weapon (But I do craft the necessary materials).

Reason: I tend to change my build/gear, I don’t want to commit myself to doing something like this time gated things if I’m not going to use it. After all I can do everything with exotics and it’s fairly easy to re-gear with them.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

None. It’s nothing more than the laughable grinding nonsense of so many other MMO’s, the same ones I avoided and hoped to continue avoiding by coming to this one.

The more elements this game has in common with those “other” MMO’s the less reasons I have to stay. If I’m going to grind for gear, it might as well be in games tailor made for that type of content that do it much better.

Posted by: SuLor.2840

SuLor.2840

Only one, if that, and I’ll take my sweet time getting there. I’ve managed one ascended weapon thus far, the armor I expect to take a very long time, I may not ever get around to it.

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

My problem is, ascended items are not even necessary or worth it.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

If I really dedicate my time into grinding and crafting instead of doing the content I enjoy (dungeons, fractals, and PvP) and I really push myself…

…maybe 1.

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

1, but I might get multiple sets for that 1 character.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Posted by: keoma.5210

keoma.5210

Zero. I gave up. It takes too long.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Maybe my main…in time. No rush and I’ll definitely wait for inflated prices to drop before I start.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Zero. I will not grind for the piles of needed materials for the sake of getting it.

If its not fun, I won’t do it.

SBI

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Funny you say that because if anyone ever made a MMO where you don’t have to work for anything and everything just gets given to you like in a one-player game, I can guarantee you it would sink faster than the Titanic.

The thing is, a lot of people don’t treat MMOs just as a game, it often ends up being more of a second life, where your character is another you in another world, and thus just like the real world, they set goals, achieve those goals and feel proud that they managed it.

Especially as technology advances and devs can make virtual worlds more and more believable and realistic, and immersion having become a massive thing in MMOs, they are having more and more of a second life aspect to them, and the mental boundaries between virtual and real are really now quite thin.

I agree with you completely. However, I make a clear distinction between ‘working’ and playing the game.

Exploring, fighting enemies, even a bit of gathering are these things I consider to be game play.

Managing an inventory of a dozen bits and pieces, time restrictions and in-game activities that often require the use of a 3rd party website on the other hand, that’s just a job.

Virtual world or not, I don’t think many people (apart from the BLC trading community, perhaps) want this game to mirror the drudgery of real life.

Posted by: Twitch.4635

Twitch.4635

Just my mes and I am in no rush after seeing what it took to craft my greatsword. It simply is not worth the work involved to craft such an item at this time.