How much gold do you have?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I have 2g now
just last week finished crating Eye of Rodgort for my Necro and just bought 100 ori gs blades towards my vision of the mists for my baby mesmer

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

9G. Too hard to get gold in this game .

This is the most ridiculous troll post I’ve ever seen, you can’t be serious …

just play some frickign dungeons in a weaks and you easily get all the gold you need.
Explore with your characters the maps to 100% also gets you quickly gold.
Sell every crap to NPCs that you find also can get you over a few hours some good money and tell the very good stuff in the TP

Even before Anet has changed the dungeons to make them more rewarding, it was already easy to make with them quickly money, by just farming citadel of flames like crazy doing speed runs on path 1 …

There isn’t dungeons in www, luck is only 125% so i can start sell kitten after it’s 300%. Can’t sell crafting mats because i just need to buy all back when anet get some new awesome idea.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Samuli.7852

Samuli.7852

I have 13 gold. The most I have ever had was about 55ish. I’m a casual player that plays about 5-6 hours most weeks.

And no, I’ll never be able to buy a legendary or ascended gear unless I magically start getting 20-30 hours a week to invest in the game.

Same thing here. The most I’ve had is 40something gold and at the moment I have about 12 gold. 35 hours of school + the time homework takes + hobbies don’t leave much time for playing

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

There isn’t dungeons in www, luck is only 125% so i can start sell kitten after it’s 300%. Can’t sell crafting mats because i just need to buy all back when anet get some new awesome idea.

That is why you don’t have any money.

When Anet comes up with their “awesome idea” the mats needed for it double, triple, quadruple in price. When the impatient players are done with the new shiny, they come back down.

When demand is high, sell stuff. When demand is low, buy stuff. You’ll still end up with a lot more money than you started with, and you can still do everything in the game you want to do.

Place buy orders for bags that may contain popular mats. Prices spike on a daily or weekly basis, something as simple as buying 1000 bags for 1s each and selling the contents for 1.5s on average will double your money after about three rounds of buy/sell.

I’ve made hundreds of gold without even trying hard, just by doing 4-6 world bosses per day, selling the rares, and investing the money from it in other goods that I can “flip” for short term profits. When I took a break from playing a couple months ago, I had 500 gold in the bank, when I came back a couple weeks ago I had 750. I spent about half of it (mostly the gem store and crafting) and invested the rest to make more money.

If you can spend two hours a week – one hour killing world bosses and another hour playing the TP – you will make money.

I’ve also made money doing “key runs” and collecting weapon skin tickets/scraps then selling the skins when a new set is released. I only do it when I’m bored and have 1/2 – 1 hour to kill, but made over 400 gold from it. I did one today and got a mini-Caithe that sold for over 2g.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

240ish. The implementation of the wallet saw the collective total start at 198 and its grown from there.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Hmm i actually have 62 deldrimor steel ingots, but i don’t wanna sell those because i need to craft some stuff in future.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

It’s only hard in your mind, if you did at least one hour of train a day you would make a few gold. Even when I feel lazy and don’t do trains I still can make one easy gold a day simply by killing foes. I sell all my whites and green, I recycle all my blues for the luck pills. I recycle all my rare and some low end exotics for Legendary weapons.

I have 125 and have 12 gold of items waiting to be sold. Working on the 200 gold title.

tolunart.2095

Hmm i actually have 62 deldrimor steel ingots, but i don’t wanna sell those because i need to craft some stuff in future.

At this moment the ingots are selling at 4.3 gold each, and could probably go for over 5 during peak hours on the weekend.

So, you’re sitting on @226 gold because you will be able to use them at some point in the future?

I would sell the ingots, reinvest the gold in other items you can easily flip for @130-150% of the cost and by the time you actually need them to craft, you can take a percentage of the 1500 gold you turned them into and rebuy the ingots at 3.5g each.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

17g at the moment

highest had was 1650 or a drop less

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

6,500g + about 3,000g invested

method: an hour of TP Wars 2 each day for 100-300g profit, then play the game for fun. Also, when you have enough non-purchasables to make your legendary; sell it. almost every single legendary gives around 200-500g profit if sold instead of used. don’t buy every new thing that comes out in the gem store. re-outfitting your character is just gold that can’t be invested.

(edited by Mystic.5934)

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Gold is easy to get do dungeons and it’s 1 gold per paths but also depends on how long the path is.

vvuevv

Posted by: adubb.2453

adubb.2453

I’m sitting on 85g right now. Most I’ve ever had at one time was somewhere around 350g. It’s actually not that hard to make gold in this game.

You can make a quick 6g everyday but just running AC 1,3 (1.75g each) and CoF 1,2 (1.25g each). Get an experienced group and you can do all 4 runs in about a little over an hour. Not to mention you’ll usually finish or come close to finishing most dailies just by doing that.

If you want even more, do some world bosses or champ farming. If you’re not there already, the Tarnished Coast Frostgorge farm is ridiculously fast and is basically running 24/7. Learn the route, and you’ll be rich.

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Frankly, I haven’t found the Frostgorge Farm to be all that rewarding gold-wise. I really don’t know what the fuzz is about there…made maybe 4 gold in an hour of rushing about and feeling ridiculously bored? And kitten you if you get stuck in combat.

Having about 160g at the moment, never had more than 180. I could play the TP I guess, and I do from time to time, at least a little…but it just isn’t much fun. But then, I usually don’t need much…I would like to get that set of Ascended armor for my main though, and I just can’t seem to get enough silk just by playing >_>

Polka will never die

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Over 10000 gold over the year

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I average about 20g pretty consistently. I will drop a fw here and there for the occasional armor upgrade for my lower level characters, but in general, I make that back by playing the game.

The most I have ever had at one time is 190-ish. That came from the sale of my one and only precusor drop, which wasn’t one of the “expensive” ones. I used most of it to outfit a WvW character.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

well now hackers know which accounts are worth trying to break in to

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

LOL yeah I’m sure account jackers have taken a break between sending phishing emails and harvesting email addresses/passwords from poorly secured 3rd party GW2 related websites/forums to read this thread and target people who say they have gold. HAHA I’m shaking…

The Burninator

tolunart.2095

The ones who still use the same email/password from back when someone hacked WoW… a secure account is not going to get hacked no matter how much gold they have because the hacker can’t get in due to the use of a strong password, a unique email for the user account, authenticator app, etc.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

geez people can’t take jokes :\

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Kindeller.3072

Kindeller.3072

Also if your posting post your account age, I’m curious… My account age is 868 Hours play time and i’ve only ever sat around 100g … got my account hacked though once so i lost alot of rare skins and items that would have sold for alot :/ but still wouldn’t have put me over 200g (also wouldnt have left the game for a few months too so might have had a bit more o.O lol)

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

no need to defend yourself.

that’s what i said earlier, i’m glad you didn’t fall into the trap.

It’s like being asked how much money you have in your bank; even though it is secured, criminals are very smart, they can find ways to force you to give everything you have.

I’m serious.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

It’s like being asked how much money you have in your bank; even though it is secured, criminals are very smart, they can find ways to force you to give everything you have.

I’m serious.

LOL kids these days…

The Burninator

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

/age is 2800+
Been playing since early release and took about 5 month break (due to work).
Right now I’m sitting at 647g with 5 precursors in the bank. My caracters have various T3s and on my mains I have Incinerator, Dreamer, Eternity and Bolt.

I mostly play long term TP (sometimes short sell) and gamble often in the mystic forge, sometimes it’s just 4 a day sometimes its 300g a day. My last big dump I had about 1600g and managed to get Dusk, Dawn, The Legend(sold) and Howl. Will sell Dawn and Howl, saving dusk for a guildie.

[DONE]

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Achievements Points-Check
Solo and Team PVP-Check
WVW-Check
Fractals-Awaiting more data from playerbase.

So is it time for GOLD leaderboards? Tyria Forbes list.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I have like 9 but I just buy gems when I need gold :P

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

kitten , I’ve been sitting at 2k+ mostly in items and thought I was just doing alright.

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Just a thread to estimate the average gold players have and if it’s a case that only a very tiny percentage of the actual game population is rich enough to afford items as legendaries and ascended gear.

I have 7 gold. Highest I ever had was 60 gold.

A very small amount of players read the forums, a lot less actually bother to post, you won’t get a realistic estimate.

You’re better off asking John Smith for those metrics.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

The ‘average’ player (according to metrics) would have something like 50-100g in CHC (cold hard currency).

It kind of makes me wonder who is smarter with their cash; those who spend and invest it or those who save? Saver’s could be called boring, but investors could also be called risky… but how many of those people actually play the game for what it is, ie. content?

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: hienvan.7824

hienvan.7824

70g and full stacks of T6 materials xD

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

1600g peak.

Right now I have 450g. I only make money from the TP, typically 15-20% of my initial investment per day.

Ranger | Elementalist

tolunart.2095

The ‘average’ player (according to metrics) would have something like 50-100g in CHC (cold hard currency).

It kind of makes me wonder who is smarter with their cash; those who spend and invest it or those who save? Saver’s could be called boring, but investors could also be called risky… but how many of those people actually play the game for what it is, ie. content?

Spending a few hours a week playing the TP allows me to play the game the way I want to play it. For example, an alt recently hit level 60 (with the help of about 18 levels from crafting) and I was able to buy Tier 2 cultural gear, browse the TP for rare trinkets and other gear, and buy more trans stones from the gem shop to make sure her equipment had both the looks and the stats I wanted. All this was paid for from profits I made on the TP and didn’t put a huge dent in my bank account. In a week or two I’ll have it all back and do the same thing when she hits 80 with exotic gear.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

As high as 200g, and since started my legendary crafting, i am at 87g. Luckily i got my dawn, clover and charged lodstone ready. Its a time matter for the rest of mat.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

That is a very interesting remark.

While I have less than 10g most of the time, I don’t stack gold up, but use it for diverse purposes. I have leveled 8 level 80 characters (most through crafting 30-60 levels).
They’re all geared in exotics (some have multiple sets). So I guess that makes ~60g average per character (not to mention gem expenses through gold>gems).
“Total” Spent is probably around between 800 and 1000 gold (over 1,500 hours of GW2).

For me the game doesn’t have any use if I’m stacking up gold, because the point of gaming is having fun, and stacking up gold means you can’t do anything, except farming more gold.

On another note: I have stopped playing the game actively for about a week now, because it practically became pointless for me… the Ascended Gear is something which seems more of a gold sink than anything else and it does not feel worthy of my time since I won’t enjoy farming the gold.

A very small amount of players read the forums, a lot less actually bother to post, you won’t get a realistic estimate.

You’re better off asking John Smith for those metrics.

I’m aware of that. I wasn’t interested in a scientific outcome. Just trying to see tendencies.

Very concerned now. o-O They must want my 7 gold.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

OP, I’m not accusing you of being a hacker but seriously, you are exposing innocent players financial information to the hackers and i refuse to fall into that trap.

That’s okay. I was just sort of interested how other people are doing in terms of gold. Whenever I reach 50 gold I usually get bored of making gold and either start spending it on things I like or keep it at the same level while playing WvW, SPvP, leveling alts.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

For me the game doesn’t have any use if I’m stacking up gold, because the point of gaming is having fun, and stacking up gold means you can’t do anything, except farming more gold.

On another note: I have stopped playing the game actively for about a week now, because it practically became pointless for me… the Ascended Gear is something which seems more of a gold sink than anything else and it does not feel worthy of my time since I won’t enjoy farming the gold.

I think you might have left out the circumstance of saving gold for doing something a bit more special with it once you have enough to splurge a bit. I refer to two of my alts whom I’m saving for to get T3 armours and the AP’s to go along with them. But, if you’re in the habit of just saving gold to hoard it, then yes one should have a look at their gaming priorities.

Personally Ascended is nothing more than a gold and material sink for those who have nothing better to do in the game. I have no qualms with whoever wants to create it, but it’s gated for various reasons and unless you have the need to create it (making it for the content, ie. fractals, etc.) then I see no real point in crafting something with so little gain over exotic stats if you don’t do much more than basic PvE.

Of course, people make armours for all different reasons, and it’s all circumstantial.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

6,500g + about 3,000g invested

method: an hour of TP Wars 2 each day for 100-300g profit, then play the game for fun. Also, when you have enough non-purchasables to make your legendary; sell it. almost every single legendary gives around 200-500g profit if sold instead of used. don’t buy every new thing that comes out in the gem store. re-outfitting your character is just gold that can’t be invested.

Why would you need 9.5k gold? It is easier to make gold once you have extra to invest, but after I hit a certain amount I was like… ok… now what do I do with this?

Hopefully everyone posting big numbers has their account security stuff all set up.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Right now? About 15 silver. Most I’ve ever had at once was just over 60g.

But that’s because I only save until I’ve got enough for the next thing I want. Recently I’ve been spending everything I’ve got to get materials for a Triforge Pendant.

If I sold all the stuff I’ve spent my gold on I’d have hundreds.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I try to keep around 20-50g on hand. But I also just ran a leather worker from 400 to 500 in forty minutes using nothing but mats already in my bank, so a fair amount of my wealth is not held as coin.

I also rarely buy anything that costs more than 3g by choice, so it’s not like I need a lot of cash to address my whims. Once when I decided to drop 25g or so on mats to make an ascended back item, I forked over 20$ of real money and called it good. (good timing too: the recipe went away shortly thereafter)

I don’t buy-sell stuff on the Trade Post, but I certainly harvest and sell from time to time. I’ve probably scratched about 45 silver doubloons out of chests with my lower level characters and sold them off for about 1.7g each over the last two months.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Astro Syd.8570

Astro Syd.8570

The highest I ever had was around 1500G… I made most of the money by just playing with the TP.

Freya Skuldottir
Gaiscioch na Rall [GSCH]
Sanctum Of Rall

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

7 gold, most I’ve had at once was early days at 50g to get my Corrupted Dag’s. Haven’t touched Living Story since the last 3 patches, been stuck in sPvP with only 3gold for months. But I’ve gotten to 10gold so far since the intro of moneyz in sPvP.

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

Hmmm i have all the mats for a gift of fortune in my bank, Easily over 100g worth of mats in my bank that are not related to it and like 620g.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

Posted by: Starduster.9746

Starduster.9746

Right now I have 143 gold and the max I had was about 180

I never find myself short of money in this game and I can always afford to kit out my different characters but I’m halfway through my Legendary now and up to the most expensive parts

I just do the same dungeon paths daily and vendor/salvage any stuff I don’t need. Eventually it builds up and even though I don’t have anything like 500+ gold I do have enough to supply me constantly and it’s not even that hard

tolunart.2095

Personally Ascended is nothing more than a gold and material sink for those who have nothing better to do in the game. I have no qualms with whoever wants to create it, but it’s gated for various reasons and unless you have the need to create it (making it for the content, ie. fractals, etc.) then I see no real point in crafting something with so little gain over exotic stats if you don’t do much more than basic PvE.

See that nail? You gave it a headache.

The whole ascended tier was created for the players who want to see big numbers getting bigger. Aside from a place to pile on larger amounts of Agony Resistance – necessary to get to higher numbers of Fractals where you take higher numbers of damage – there really is no reason to create ascended gear. It’s just that those kinds of players get bored when they don’t have big numbers to make bigger, and get jealous of anyone who has bigger numbers than they do.

It’s all just a contest to see who has the biggest number.

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

Post should read: “Feed your kitten and post your gold so the
hackers know which accounts to go for first.”

That’s like living in the ghetto and putting a sign in your front yard
that you just bought a 65 inch plasma TV, your not home, and the doors
are unlocked.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

are unlocked.

What a sad attitude. The leader boards of any game are the target market not people talking on forums. Also the target is people they can chat up in game and show themselves to be very willing to be taken. Easier to go through the front door at the invitation of the owner, and no saying on a forum that you have x gold is not an invitation.

Posted by: Guardian.5142

Guardian.5142

are unlocked.

I live in the ghetto and you’re pretty close… its the leftover BOX left by the garbage cans that works as the sign to “come rob me!”. The rest… kitten.. my neighbors had their doors nearly kicked in with the whole family home having dinner. The whole concept of safety… its kind of a lie

Sitting at 5g because I’ve been lazy with my mains and mostly just farming keys. Tops I had was 490g? Most of that came from Scarlet invasions prior to the nerf. The Scarlet events were how I always envisioned running champ trains. I can pop in, hit a few 50 minute events that started on the hour and make plenty of money for time invested. Shame they killed that.

The real problem I see here isn’t that money is too hard to come by… it just requires a level of dedication, networking, intelligence and skill put towards playing the game that is not normally required of games like this. That, and you actually have to have 4 other people playing at the same time you do, that actually want to run 10 dungeons back to back every day.

In WoW, I raided, pugged dungeons, farmed mats and did 3 million daily quests to gain money and aside from the raiding, I picked my own hours and could do the rest solo. I made a small fortune. In SWTOR, I pugged dungeons, farmed mats, leveled up characters and did dailies. I had plenty of money when I needed it. In GW2, I… try to keep dungeons in guild so I’m not completely disappointed 50% of the time, raiding world bosses/metas/champs/events don’t honestly give enough for the time invested and there’s (essentially) one daily quest with pretty basic rewards. You CAN mat farm, banking on the prices of the more valuable mats and you CAN farm certain mobs for certain T6 mats…. but where I have the opportunity to acquire thousands in other games, having enough money for anything I want, I make tens to hundreds of gold in GW2, with my goals focused on the things costing thousands. I don’t specifically consider that bad playership, but I already have a job…and a wife…. and I play games to escape our broken world and misguided love of capitalism :P

So try not to hate or look down on the folks that don’t make money in game. Its a VERY different sort of game that, by its creators intentions, ISN’T supposed to experience vertical “creep”, but due to its market, it totally does.

What did ANET do when the sheer mass of the event ZERG was too much for the server to support?
They had to SPAWN MORE OVERFLOWS!

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

are unlocked.

What a sad attitude. The leader boards of any game are the target market not people talking on forums. Also the target is people they can chat up in game and show themselves to be very willing to be taken. Easier to go through the front door at the invitation of the owner, and no saying on a forum that you have x gold is not an invitation.

How long have you been gaming? This was one of the methods hackers used
in World of Warcraft.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I’m serious.

Give us some examples. It sounds like you are an expert on this field.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

are unlocked.

How long have you been gaming? This was one of the methods hackers used
in World of Warcraft.

I have been gaming for 40+ years, what has that got to do with anything? To get an account is not just to know the account name. That is why the optimal thing to do with the way security is set up is to contact the player (players on any best of list will be most often also players with something worth taking), get their trust and learn their habits. If you can get them onto a compromised site you use the info they put on that site. People are creatures of habit and the majority will use the same info even when they are told repeatedly to change it up.