I do not like the Feb monthlys

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

This does not make it less ironic, sorry.

There’s no daily requirement either, no requirement to collect laurels, no requirement to get Ascended items, no requirement to even play the game. It’s not about required or optional, or about needs. It is about wants.

Translation; “I want my ascendant gear for no effort.”

Just your standard non-substance whine.

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

“I do not like the Feb monthlys”

Ok then do do it.

Close thread plz.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Someone doesn’t like this month’s Monthly’s? Why doesn’t it surprise me…

“OMG ANET I DON’T WUBVWUB!”

Takes out the WvW

“OMG ANET Y U FORCE US INTO FRACTALS?!”

Takes Fractals out

“OMG ANET…”

Seriously…Whatever they do, people are going to moan.

Are 5 dungeons and 5 Dailies over 28 days REALLY that much of an inconvenience?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Chickenshoes.6250

Everybody always wants their stuff easier. It doesn’t matter what or why so long as they get more for less.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I never liked the WvW or fractals being in the monthlies either. But it didn’t matter so much before. Now that you get laurels from monthlies, it does matter. Since the point was always that you can play how you like to play and not be left behind in anyway. Now people are kind of “forced” to do things they don’t like, if they want those 10 laurels. 10 days worth of dailies.

No they are not. If you don’t want to do dungeons you don’t need exotic gear, if you don’t want to do fractals at all you don’t need to bother with ascended gear.

There is no connection, and by no connection I mean absolutely none, between need and the complaints about achievements. There is no need at all in a video game. There is want, but once again wanting in a video game has nothing to do with need. People don’t need Exotics and BiS gear, but they do want it.

You’re right that people are not forced in an absolute sense, but Kilgorn is correct that players are “forced” in a relative sense to complete the requirements if they want the laurels.

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

So… whats the monthly achievements for Feb? I can’t log on right now.

Someone’s updated the wiki for it, but its:

5 Dungeons
100 Events
500 Item Salvages
5 Dailys Completed

Seems reasonable to me. Giving Fractals or AC etc another go should fix the first one easy enough, and I’m doing Dailys anyway so the Event one should clear itself as well with no effort.

If anything the Salvages will be annoying for me, since I make better money most of the time just selling it all to the basic vendors… :-)

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

Posted by: zuraith.6104

zuraith.6104

You don’t understand. If we have to take a break from doing the exact same thing over and over to go finish an achievement, it throws off our groove. Or something.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

I took someone who was completely wvw from my guild through cof 5 times tonight to get that part of the monthly done. Took about an hour, and he ended up having a grand time. Step out of your comfort zone. Besides, it’s 5 paths or the whole month. Only 5.
We ended up with enough tokens for him that he could get a new weapon. He ended up super excited about that as he blows all his money buying siege and upgrades so he couldn’t get new exotic weapons.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

TheDaiBish.9735

You don’t understand. If we have to take a break from doing the exact same thing over and over to go finish an achievement, it throws off our groove. Or something.

It’s probably the lack of caffeine at the moment, but I can’t tell if you’re being serious lol.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Chickenshoes.6250

I never liked the WvW or fractals being in the monthlies either. But it didn’t matter so much before. Now that you get laurels from monthlies, it does matter. Since the point was always that you can play how you like to play and not be left behind in anyway. Now people are kind of “forced” to do things they don’t like, if they want those 10 laurels. 10 days worth of dailies.

No they are not. If you don’t want to do dungeons you don’t need exotic gear, if you don’t want to do fractals at all you don’t need to bother with ascended gear.

There is no connection, and by no connection I mean absolutely none, between need and the complaints about achievements. There is no need at all in a video game. There is want, but once again wanting in a video game has nothing to do with need. People don’t need Exotics and BiS gear, but they do want it.

You’re right that people are not forced in an absolute sense, but Kilgorn is correct that players are “forced” in a relative sense to complete the requirements if they want the laurels.

Which is an awful lot of nothing to distract from the fact that you do get laurels without the monthly, but you’re too lazy to be bothered to put forth a little extra effort to get the extra laurels.

Laurels don’t expire after the month is up. Maybe you should adjust your wants accordingly.

Chickenshoes.6250

It’s probably the lack of caffeine at the moment, but I can’t tell if you’re being serious lol.

He’s not being serious

TheDaiBish.9735

He’s not being serious

Ahh, thanking you.

In hindsight, the ‘or something’ should have given it away.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Part of the promise about Ascended items was that they would be available in other ways than through the Fractals dungeon. This was presumably to accommodate players who prefer doing something other than dungeons. This is the first monthly after the new laurel-bought Ascended items have been introduced. Given all of the above, I find it ironic that one of the requirements is dungeon participation.

Can you spot the 5 glaring flaws in your non-argument yourself or should I point them out to you?

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: InfamousBrad.5879

InfamousBrad.5879

I’d be less annoyed by the “complete 5 dungeons” objective if the game had a built-in LFG tool (yes, before anybody says anything, after fighting with it all evening I finally did manage to find an open group for the dungeon I wanted via the Android version of gw2lfg.com, but something integrated and in-game would have been a lot easier to figure out) and if even the lowest level, supposedly easiest dungeon (CM story) hadn’t trashed my armor. I’m a casual player; I don’t actually enjoy working that hard at my fun. But I’ll grudgingly put up with it, 4 more times this month, rather than accept a 25% cut in my Laurels. (That being said, it’s better than being forced into the PvP tournaments, which I just flatly refused to do. REALLY not my idea of fun.)

They’ve made it clear in interviews over the last month that they want to incent people to try parts of the game that they haven’t tried before. Well, here’s my opinion on that: “Earn the achievement for doing something once if you haven’t already done it at least once” is an objective that encourages people to try something new. “Do it 5 times even if you’ve done it before and hated it” isn’t an incentive to try something new, it’s a 25% tax on people who don’t like every part of the game equally.

Knox.3748

So you want to get shinies just by running around the map. You are funny bro. Keep the jokes coming.

IndigoSundown.5419

Which is an awful lot of nothing to distract from the fact that you do get laurels without the monthly, but you’re too lazy to be bothered to put forth a little extra effort to get the extra laurels.

Laurels don’t expire after the month is up. Maybe you should adjust your wants accordingly.

You keep assuming I’m talking about my wants. I have some news for you, I’m not. Sure, I’d like BiS gear, but I don’t want is as much as some people seem to. I also don’t care how long it takes for me to get it. I also don’t expect you to believe me, since you’ve already misinterpreted three of my posts in this thread.

Consider this, if you will: someone can understand why someone else is complaining without necessarily having the same complaint.

Oh, and there’s no need for further insults, or for putting words in my mouth.

IndigoSundown.5419

Part of the promise about Ascended items was that they would be available in other ways than through the Fractals dungeon. This was presumably to accommodate players who prefer doing something other than dungeons. This is the first monthly after the new laurel-bought Ascended items have been introduced. Given all of the above, I find it ironic that one of the requirements is dungeon participation.

Can you spot the 5 glaring flaws in your non-argument yourself or should I point them out to you?

Go ahead, knock yourself out.

Knox.3748

There was no need for a “I dont like this” thread and guess what ?

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

Personally, I can’t stand dungeons or fractals, or instanced content of any kind, but I’m not going to complain about having to do it for my monthly. If I want the laurels, I have to do the content.
That said, I can sympathise with people complaining about having to do undesirable content, so I hope ArenaNet hurry up with the whole “Do 4 out of 6” thing.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: zuraith.6104

zuraith.6104

I hope ArenaNet hurry up with the whole “Do 4 out of 6” thing.

I want this just so people stop getting their tears all over the forums.

Posted by: Meowwilson.5106

Meowwilson.5106

So you want to get shinies just by running around the map. You are funny bro. Keep the jokes coming.

hahaha, exactly why they should make Skritt a playable class. maybe even add legendary and ascended sticks and rocks you can just pick up anywhere.

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

What do you people like?

TC doesn’t want to do anything that requires him to work with a PUG. That rules dungeons and Fractals out. Johny doesn’t want to do any form of PvP. That rules sPvP and WvW out. Timmy doesn’t like crafting. That rules crafting out. Billy hates spending money on gathering tools and salvage kits. So there go those objectives. Susie plays a strictly-supportive elementalist, so asking her to kill stuff isn’t fair.

Keep going and there’ll be nothing left. If all you whiners get your way, we’re either going to automatically complete the Monthly Achievement by virtue of logging on or we’re not going to have Monthly Achievements at all. Whoo-freaking-hoo!

This!!!!!!

/thissomanytimes

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Posted by: Casta.5697

Casta.5697

do fracs count as dungeons?

can anyone confirm/deny?

TheDaiBish.9735

I hope ArenaNet hurry up with the whole “Do 4 out of 6” thing.

I want this just so people stop getting their tears all over the forums.

Thing is, it won’t.

“WAAAA, I got 3 easy things but I still got to pick one thing I’ve got to go out of my way to do!”

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Go ahead, knock yourself out.

1/ you have to do dungeons, not fractal dungeons at high level
2/ you can even do a single path 5 times. I would recommend AC exp1
3/ laurels aren’t even needed for ascended. There’s other ways
4/ It was not to accommodate players who don’t do fractals, it was to vary the game in general. Don’t feel so entitled, this update wasn’t specifically for you.
5/ finding a dungeon group is not difficult. It takes less than 5 minutes to get into any dungeon path you want.

So I have no idea why you’re even QQ or what you’re QQ’ing about. Some people want to remove monthly from the monthly so they can do the monthly. Well … they’re a set of objectives you can go for. No one is forcing you, not even to get ascended items.

As of yet, monthly/daily are the easiest way to get ascended. Not only that but the current monthly is probably the easiest we’ve seen since launch. Apparently puppykittenly easy isn’t nearly easy enough for some people.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Metal Sage.9703

Metal Sage.9703

Anet won’t change it so these wah-threads are unnecessary.

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

Well, I totally agree with the OP – I was also hoping for better this month. But, the Monthly’s (along with the epidemic of kids trolling complaint threads), have just become something to be ignored, unfortunately.

Knox.3748

I hope i never play with this kids who cry all day because they wont get Sunrise when they log in

Posted by: Turgon.8625

Turgon.8625

The game does seem pretty stacked against those who just want to travel the open world. It’s a lot harder to get decent money and if you mostly solo it feels like there is a pretty large barrier to doing many sets of dungeons.

Posted by: tic.7425

tic.7425

I always thought these monthlies and dailies were to reward folks for not doing things they typically do.

I do a lot of WvW and think it would be ridiculous if monthlies didnt get me to explore other parts of the game.. but i guess thats just me.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

I hate it myself. Back to back to back monthlies that re dungeon focused and that I will not receive any reward for doing all but that 1 aspect of it.
I am so sick so the push to dungeons in this game it is crazy.
Why even bother with other content since you dont want people to play it and just keep pushing dungeons. It is very obvious what Anet wants now.

Stand in LA and Yell LFG. That is what they want for this game and nothing else.

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Why would someone want ascended gear if they don’t want to do fractals or dungeons? I’ll tell you the same thing I told the WoW players because it’s there. We paid for a Dynamic open world game in this. I am extremely concerned that it is getting way too centered on instance dungeons and leaving the dynamic aspects slide. We had one big event, the karka one. But there should be a big fight like that at least once a week if not more often somewhere in the world.

The new ongoing story looks hopeful but I’m somewhat concerned that the information being handed out is so obtuse players will miss it. A count down timer for important events would be nice so everyone in every timezone is always on the same page.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

I hope i never play with this kids who cry all day because they wont get Sunrise when they log in

No 3 months in a row I have all but completed the monthlies save 1 aspect frac/dungeon.
I am left out now 3 in a row cause I hate dungeons. Ya that is great and fair. Here is an idea – mix up the monthly.

And again no about the legendary.
It is about the RNG of it and people putting in over 600+gold into the mystic toilet for a precursor with nothing in return. Or buying eternity off the TP. Truly legendary and an epic journey.

I hope I never group with people who dont think critically or even use a brain and have fallacies and straw men.

Knox.3748

Like i said in other posts, nobody forces you to put anything in the mystic or opening the TP. You just do what you want. Dont like it? Dont do it. Its so simple in my head. I missed 3 dailies = 3 Laurels. You think i care?

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

The monthly achievement always has encouraged players to explore ALL aspects of the game.

Sometimes it was about Fractals, sometimes about WvW, sometimes about Dungeons, sometimes about unique Events, sometimes about Jumping Puzzles.

Guess what, you’re not going to like it every time.

Deal with it and stop complaining that the game doesn’t cater to your very specific desires.

Posted by: Ald.9418

Ald.9418

Sometimes i wish we’d go back to forced grouping to even level.

This would weed out everyone that refuse to be social and actually do stuff with other people.

tic.7425

This would weed out everyone that refuse to be social and actually do stuff with other people.

Go back to?

really…

I don’t remember ever needing to be forced to group in any early MMOs. Also, just because i don’t want to group with you, doesn’t mean i’m not social..

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

I don’t like doing Dungeons… But looks I’m forced to if I want some laurels…

I am forced because I want that Gear, and doing things we don’t like NOT HAVING FUN because the game doesn’t give us any alternative, it’s sad. But it’s not the end of the world.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Ald.9418

Ald.9418

Go back to?

really…

I don’t remember ever needing to be forced to group in any early MMOs.

You don’t remember having to be in a group and finding a camp to pull mobs to you as the only form of leveling? MMO’s existed before 2005.

Players were more like minded then and went out of their way to help others because they had to, otherwise they’d get nothing done. While i don’t miss the huge time sinks, i do miss this aspect.

Posted by: Ooshi.8607

Ooshi.8607

Completely agree with the OP! How dare they make me run dungeons when I hate dungeons? Who started with this “dungeon” thing in MMOs anyway, they’re completely lame.
Always requiring me to do stuff I don’t like. WvsW, fractals, dungeons, crafting, what next? I play for FUN!!!!! And if I don’t find doing dungeons or WvsW FUN, they should not make me do it!!!!!!!
Worst thing is that this making people do stuff that is not fun is spilling out into the real world!!!!!! Just the other week some guy (think it was Anet employee for sure!) was organizing a “FUN” marathon. I went there and said I wanted my medal, and he said I had to run all that way. I tried to explain that it wasn’t fun and that I deserve a medal, wasn’t I there? If other people like running let them run and get their medals, but I should have medal as well cause I was there and running isn’t FUN!!!!!
You have to stand up to these people or else soon enough every thing will be like this!!!!!
You will have to do whatever someone decides is “FUN” and they won’t give you any medals!!!!!!!

Shinies! Shinies! NO Shinies??? No FUN!!!!

tic.7425

Go back to?

really…

I don’t remember ever needing to be forced to group in any early MMOs.

You don’t remember having to be in a group and finding a camp to pull mobs to you as the only form of leveling? MMO’s existed before 2005.

Players were more like minded then and went out of their way to help others because they had to, otherwise they’d get nothing done. While i don’t miss the huge time sinks, i do miss this aspect.

2005, heh, i was playing them back in 1994 with Neverwinter Nights, then on to Ultima Online in ’97. I was never “forced” to group. Star Wars Galaxies, DAoC…

You could group to force pull mobs, probably helped you level faster, but you werent “forced” to. Which of these games were you playing that “forced” you to group?

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

For every person A who dislikes Monthly req B, person B likes it. But person B hates monthly req C, yet person C likes it. Ironically, person C hates the one suggestion/requirement person A likes. and it goes on and on…

tl:dr; someone will always complain about something.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

It’s 5 dungeon runs lol, I got it done last night in about an hour and a half. Really the salvaging is much wirse than that. I like the new monthlies. NO MORE JP"S

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Palinore.9204

Palinore.9204

You don’t like grouping with people. You don’t like to do instances.. Why are you playing an MMO again..?

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Please for March: 500 WvW kills and 100 JP!

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

I’ve been playing since launch, and I’ve completed exactly ONE monthly. The PVP requirements was never an issue in itself for me personally – I like PVP, especially WvW. Others in my guild, however, completely refuse. It’s not a thing they enjoy, and they won’t do it for love or money.

The dungeons (and here I include fractals) … well, I absolutely do not enjoy them. For me, doing them is like having a root canal. Long, drawn-out and painful. Won’t do them, period. And there’s many more in my guild who think that way. A lot of us prefer to run solo in PVE, or to group with husband/wife or other relatives in 2-3 man teams.

Some people say ‘no one is making you do anything’. Yeah, well, thing is, some people would actually like to get those mystic coins, some karma and the random rewards. And it’s really annoying if there’s only ONE type of daily/monthly that enables you to get them, and it involves doing something you hate.

The announced diversification (pick x achievements out of y) is a good step. I’m just worried badly by some of the types of achievement I see. There’s yet more stuff there that some people just hate doing. I hope the list to pick from will be long, and the number of picks small, so people can choose whatever they like doing best.

Posted by: damny.9342

damny.9342

Personally, I can’t stand dungeons or fractals, or instanced content of any kind, but I’m not going to complain about having to do it for my monthly. If I want the laurels, I have to do the content.

Same. But OP’s point is that the last several monthlies all included dungeons or fractals.

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Whoooosh. The sound of another monthly passing the open world players by……

Whooosh, the meaning of “achieving” an achievement passing QQ’ers by.

There’s an achievement. It requires an input.

Dealwithit.jpg

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

Please for March: 500 WvW kills and 100 JP!

NOOOO!!! Not more JP’s lol

I do like the WvW kills though, I could get those done in 2 pushes.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Not going to whine about monthly acheivement. Like the OP I haven’t gotten one finished since the first few because of the dungeon requirements. Every other part of them I get 100% just playing normally.
Why – I have kids and some young. I can go into a dungeon with all the intentions of finishing it but every single time I end up having to drop out or go afk. Is that fair to others? Of course not. So I don’t do them. I have completed 1 path of 1 dungeon since Beta.
I am only disappointed by the dungeon requirement because of the new laurel system. Those 10 laurels are important to a casual like me.
BUT they have said we will have choices in the future and I look forward to being able to complete it in the future. If there was ever a need for ‘heros & henchmen’ it may be now. If dungeons will always be one of the requirements where there is no way to avoid them… then please include a way that some of us can complete it without having to force others in the community to suffer.
I don’t think I would make too many friends by ditching a group 10min into a dungeon or having to go afk, especially after the new redesign of waypointing inside.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued