Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

preventing forum bugs

I hope Anet realizes....... [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Raids themselves aren’t bad.

The requirement of ascended gear, that people put on other people, is what causing A LOT of people not being able to take part in it.

Now, if only there was a way for this LOT of other people who don’t have ascended to somehow group together and do raids… Perhaps if they were to create some sort of group or clan and then plan and do it together… Or just meet up and do the raid…

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Personally I think that players should be open to new game types. I’m mostly a solo-PVEer too, but that doesn’t mean that I suddenly can’t do raids. Just give me a group that’s willing (raid LFG plz) and the time to do it, and yeah I’ll try a raid.

It is definitely unreasonable for Anet to cater to every self-imposed limitation that gamers put on themselves. Instead of demanding “me me me”, you should be more open to the things they do.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

(edited by Blood Red Arachnid.2493)

Posted by: Rikkagin.9472

Rikkagin.9472

And yet those fraction still deserve content.

For all the times I’ve heard this I’ve never heard an actual justification.

They paid for the game, the same way the people who don’t want to raid did. Anyone who paid for the game can come here and ask for something they want. If ANet deems it wise to provide that something, they might do so. If ANet provides it, they’re acknowledging that that demographic is large enough to warrant some dev effort.

Now, GW2 originally didn’t have raids, but it does now due in some part to demand. This works the same way demand works on other parts of the game.

Oh, and as far as the OP is concerned, 5 or 6 devs worked on this raid wing. There are 120 working on live GW2. ANet said the percentage of players who use raids was larger than in other games. Sounds about right to me.

Brad McQuaid, creator of Everquest, is currently working on new mmorpg aimed at grouping. Solo content will be there only as something to do while you look for or set up your group to do the “real” content. Buying the game then complaining about the lack of solo content would be stupid.

A few years ago Adventurine released Darkfall; free-for-all, hardcore, open world pvp, complete with ganking, griefing and the ability to loot everything on the defeated player. Buying that game and complaining on the forums about a lack of PvE server, with consentual PvP would be stupid.

Whilst I was playing LOTRO I followed the development of a number of games. What interested me about Guild Wars 2 was that it appeared to be something different, no quests hubs, an end game without forced (strongly encouraged) grouping and it was clearly stated that there would not be raids. Further, they stated that raids would never be added, except in a completely fresh approach, and would not be like WoW, or other games.

Buying the GW2 and complaining about the lack of raids would be stupid, you knew it was not that kind of game before you put the money down. I suspect that a lot of people bought the game based on the original vision and were happy in the game. but a small percentage were “stupid”; they bought GW2, realised I did not have WoW’s endgame so they spent the next 3 years complaining loudly on the forums until Anet gave in and changed direction, completely disregarding all the other happy players who did not feel the need to complain.

Adding content attract new players, in this case raiders, is a smart business move, but not at the expense of a large body of existing, happy customers. HoT should have been released with a balance of more-of-the-same, in terms of difficulty, so those that wanted it, AND increased difficulty for those that wanted that. Since HoT the content releases should have been thus balanced.

Posted by: AnariiUK.7409

AnariiUK.7409

Reading through this thread I’d like to remind everyone that a Raid LFG is in the works and should provide an excellent opportunity for those that are struggling to find groups.

I’ve had gear ready to go for the last 2 months (ALL ASCENDED) but I am still yet to find 9 other people who want to start a raid.

I often find myself standing there spamming map chat and posting LFG but I never get anything, people want experienced raiders, not people trying to start one.

Sorry to hear that you’re struggling to get some experience. Have you tried having a look into some of the Raid LFG guilds that have started up recently? Many of them are constantly teaching new people the ropes and getting them up to speed.

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

The hot content was not bad, I enjoyed it in Sw but putting it in every location in hot and making everything a longish time sink is just too much.

And someone mentioned they are adding some more harder content for people so they will not leave but this content plus hot has split their playerbase and some have already left and more are thinking of it because of pvp leagues using experimental systems, content that requires guilds or a known team plus asc gear.

The game is good and introduced some new ideas but hot was short so quite a few have done everything already and are now having to wait until April at th soonest for any new content because hot was so short.

Hopefully with the feedback from hot they will see that they need to have a longer story, more areas, not so much meta grinding, more armour and wep skins earned in game (in reddit they Said making new stuff took too much time due to the detail required but they are constantly putting new lion chest skins which I can not get due to stupidly low scrap ticket drops about 1 -2 from 15 chests)

Anet is able and has brought out good content before, but right now they are trying to cater to a wide variety of people and stretching themselves too thin.

Here is to hoping that ls3 is great and Tha guardian gets dervish as an elite spec! ????

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

im fine with raids, i just don’t want it to affect the release of other content.

Given this latest update’s PVE content was only for raiders it seems it has affected it.

And I’d argue it also affected the entire HOT expansion .. if looked at objectively all the HOT zone metas are raid/instance content in the open world, there is almost no non-group content in the entire expansion and meta like that in DS clearly could in other games such as FFXIV which have raids in which the raid splits up into separate groups for some of it, be a raid.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I have zero interest in raiding and most likely will never set foot inside one .The strength of the game lies in accessible open world content that you can drop into and enjoy at any time.

An anet post (probably on reddit) mentioned that raids are only being made by a small group of people like 5-8 and doesn’t effect development from other parts of the game. I am happy for raids to exist if this is the case but don’t lose sight of what type of content made the game a success and in which the bulk of players are interested in.

Not quite. Salvation pass has been done by 5-6 people working on it for 4 months. And only some of that team worked on other wings. And there were people from other teams assisting. And many things are being done by interteam cooperation.

In short, it’s a bigger strain on development resources than you may think.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Bebunw.8137

Bebunw.8137

“Raid in MMOs are high-end content designed for the more hardcore player. However, from an analytics standpoint, the participation is higher than other games we’ve seen. This is likely due to the nature of our progression system in GW2.”

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/05/gw2-developer-ama-on-reddit/

It’s the second ANet comment in the Raid subsection.

Sure the participation will be higher than other Mmo because there is no gear treadmill but let’s say 2% of all the playerbase playing an mmo with raid, in gw2 it will be 3%, that’s not much maybe if they deliver some numbers like the % of players doing regulary raids .

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

No it wasn’t, LS2 was much different to LS1, and how the game was supposed to be at release (one time events if you recall) was also different to how LS1 worked. The thing is, they’ve been changing their release model a LOT. If it was so superior and successful why would they? It’s the same with the LS vs Expansion debate, did they just cave in to the demands of the vocal forum posters, or they somehow had metrics that showed an expansion would be better?

[…]

Don’t change what is working, it’s simple. So, if they indeed changed it (multiple times), it stands to reason that it wasn’t working as well as they wanted it to. Otherwise why change it in the first place?

You’re lumping building on your previous work and changing directions completely into the same category. Yes, of course there’s change. ANet would be a hopeless developer if they didn’t try to learn from their mistakes and improve. Raids, however, aren’t an improvement over dungeons and fractals. They’re an entirely different direction. They target a different demographic. People came to GW2 to get away from raids and all the BS that follows them.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Sure the participation will be higher than other Mmo because there is no gear treadmill but let’s say 2% of all the playerbase playing an mmo with raid, in gw2 it will be 3%, that’s not much maybe if they deliver some numbers like the % of players doing regulary raids .

Do you have a source for your 3% or do you just pull that out of your kitten?

I won’t pretend that I know what percentage of the player base do raid, because I don’t. But here the number that I do know about my guild.

We are about 450 players in my guild. We have 30 players that play raid on a regular basis like several time per week. I know of about 15 others that play raid from time to time. And another 10 that tried raid at least 2-3 times. That’s more than 10% of my guild. And to be honest, this number is growing because we include more and more people in our group. And I’m sure that this number is actually higher because I know that some people are pugging, but i don’t know who and how many.

Yep, maybe that my guild, which is pretty average and have a lot of different people in it. It’s far from an hardcore guild of something like that, have a higher percentage of people doing raid that the total playerbase.

The fact is we don’t know how much people are doing raid. If it’s true that only 3% of the active playerbase are playing raid, then you guys are right that maybe raid ain’t a good idea. To be honest, i wanted group challenging content, but i would have been happier with 5 man content like hard more dungeon and fractal. Simply because it’s easy to get 5 good players together, 10 is a lot harder. But I seriously doudt that only 3% play raid. My guess is more about 10-15%.

My guess is also that this number could go higher if anet fixed several things around the raid.
- Make proper section for raid in LFG
- Make a lobby for raid, easy to access with basic commodity
- Make the Squad work with the LFG
- Make ascended gear more available (not easier to get, just more ways to get it)
- Better balance between profession so you have more than 1-2 options per professions that are good for raid.
- An easy mode of raid with less reward for people that want to raid, but can’t. Either because of lack of skill, difficulty to pug it (will be a lot easier to pug an easy mode), not able to create a proper group, not able to get ascended yet, etc. To serve as an introduction to raid, will help both the current raider and people that can’t raid, but want to. Ideally, I would also want an hard more, but it’s less important for now or as long as they keep putting new wing.

That said guys. The amount of people working on raid is pretty low. There were only 5-5 devs working on raid, while there is 120 devs working on the current game and 70 for the next expansion. So yah, if those 5 people would be working on something else, yes that something else would be ready faster. But only like 4% faster (not really but you see my point). Raid doesn’t take much ressources.

Source : http://dulfy.net/2016/03/05/gw2-reddit-developer-ama-summary/#Raids

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Bebunw.8137

I won’t pretend that I know what percentage of the player base do raid, because I don’t. But here the number that I do know about my guild.

We are about 450 players in my guild. We have 30 players that play raid on a regular basis like several time per week. I know of about 15 others that play raid from time to time. And another 10 that tried raid at least 2-3 times. That’s more than 10% of my guild.

I don’t know the numbers i throw something, but you say 10% of your guild do raids, that mean 90% of players don’t and considere also that just 10% when the only pve content delivered is raid.

The amount of people working on raid is pretty low. There were only 5-5
devs working on raid

and yet until may/june , for 9 + months it’s the only pve contents we get, we don’t get more much in others aspect of the game pvp (1 back for 1 year of leagues) and wvw.

Posted by: Bloody.2089

Bloody.2089

#waitingforguildwars3

One of the small elite team who isn´t affected by idiocy.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

We are about 450 players in my guild. We have 30 players that play raid on a regular basis like several time per week. I know of about 15 others that play raid from time to time. And another 10 that tried raid at least 2-3 times. That’s more than 10% of my guild. And to be honest, this number is growing because we include more and more people in our group. And I’m sure that this number is actually higher because I know that some people are pugging, but i don’t know who and how many.

Yep, maybe that my guild, which is pretty average and have a lot of different people in it. It’s far from an hardcore guild of something like that, have a higher percentage of people doing raid that the total playerbase.

The fact is we don’t know how much people are doing raid. If it’s true that only 3% of the active playerbase are playing raid, then you guys are right that maybe raid ain’t a good idea. To be honest, i wanted group challenging content, but i would have been happier with 5 man content like hard more dungeon and fractal. Simply because it’s easy to get 5 good players together, 10 is a lot harder. But I seriously doudt that only 3% play raid. My guess is more about 10-15%.

My guess is also that this number could go higher if anet fixed several things around the raid.
- Make proper section for raid in LFG
- Make a lobby for raid, easy to access with basic commodity
- Make the Squad work with the LFG
- Make ascended gear more available (not easier to get, just more ways to get it)
- Better balance between profession so you have more than 1-2 options per professions that are good for raid.
- An easy mode of raid with less reward for people that want to raid, but can’t. Either because of lack of skill, difficulty to pug it (will be a lot easier to pug an easy mode), not able to create a proper group, not able to get ascended yet, etc. To serve as an introduction to raid, will help both the current raider and people that can’t raid, but want to. Ideally, I would also want an hard more, but it’s less important for now or as long as they keep putting new wing.

That said guys. The amount of people working on raid is pretty low. There were only 5-5 devs working on raid, while there is 120 devs working on the current game and 70 for the next expansion. So yah, if those 5 people would be working on something else, yes that something else would be ready faster. But only like 4% faster (not really but you see my point). Raid doesn’t take much ressources.

Source : http://dulfy.net/2016/03/05/gw2-reddit-developer-ama-summary/#Raids

But would so many people be doing raids, if there was other new content on offer. It’s like I went to this restaurant that only served fish and most people, not surprisingly were ordering fish. Sucks that I was in the mood for steak, but in that place, I didn’t really think the steak would be great…it was a fish place, so I ordered fish.

New content comes out people try it out, but if it’s basically the only new content coming out…well, you’re going to get more people trying it by percentage.

I don’t like raids and I’ve tried it. It doesn’t make me a raider, and I’d be happier if I had other options that were new that I haven’t played.

Thaddeus.4891

I don’t know the numbers i throw something, but you say 10% of your guild do raids, that mean 90% of players don’t and considere also that just 10% when the only pve content delivered is raid.

and yet until may/june , for 9 + months it’s the only pve contents we get, we don’t get more much in others aspect of the game pvp (1 back for 1 year of leagues) and wvw.

1) And? What is the percentage of people that are playing fractal? Dungeon? WvW? PvP? Shatterer? Adventure? What is the threshold for all those content? Should we cut everything in the game that not 50% of people play? Does a 1% of the playerbase that are regular players that put 20+ hours per week in the game be more important than another 1% that are just casual that play 1-2 hours per weeks? Should they look at how much gem those population buy?

Even if we are just 10%, we only have 4% of the devs. Why is that so bad? We only have 5-6 devs working on our content, why is that too much for you with your 120 devs? For the most part, raid are the only thing left for us in the game, why do people want to badly to remove it with that few devs working on it.

2) If I had to answer, I would have to guess, but I think that a pretty good guess. That’s how anet decided to do thing. They don’t seem to want to work on small content released bi weekly or monthly, but on 4 months period. And it seem that most of what they work on LS3, WvW revamp, and Fractal revamp take time. It also seem that Anet doesn’t want to put much new content into the game until the next expansion. They will most fix that they broke with HoT and fix that HoT should have fix or improve. If you don’t like what they decided and made pretty clear, then challenge them on that. Not because they decided to put 5-6 people on raid. That such a small portion of their dev team.

Bebunw.8137

And? What is the percentage of people that are playing fractal? Dungeon? WvW? PvP? Shatterer? Adventure? What is the threshold for all those content? Should we cut everything in the game that not 50% of people play?

All the content you mentionned are accesible to every players, raids are unlikely not. That’s the real problem. And it becomes a bigger problem if they focus on it for the game direction. They changed the nature of the game, what it make his succes for 3 years. The games has always been fine without raids.

(edited by Bebunw.8137)

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

I don’t see how raids differ. There are no excluded accounts. It takes effort to raid, and you gotta look for a group of 9 other people to go with you. Beyond that, what is the restriction preventing anyone from raiding.

Bebunw.8137

Beyond that, what is the restriction preventing anyone from raiding.

I would say elitism, just look at actual lfg, the people organising asking for title eternal or 20 + insights. It brings toxicity to a game which always claimed to be casual friendly from the start. You won’t see many of these types of restrictions in the other game modes.

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

You just quoted your justification? Do you deserve content since you are also a paying customer? Guess what…they are also paying customers…just like you.

maddoctor.2738

Beyond that, what is the restriction preventing anyone from raiding.

I would say elitism, just look at actual lfg, the people organising asking for title eternal or 20 + insights. It brings toxicity to a game which always claimed to be casual friendly from the start. You won’t see many of these types of restrictions in the other game modes.

Right. Ever read the LFG about Dungeons or Fractals? “Zerker or kick”, “ping gear”, “10k AP minimum” and so on?

And besides that, the answer is the same with all the old dungeon elitisism, make your own group.

Bebunw.8137

Right. Ever read the LFG about Dungeons or Fractals? “Zerker or kick”, “ping gear”, “10k AP minimum” and so on?

I think it’s a long time you havent look the lfg tool for dungeon and fractal and besides, gearing is easily done by any player, getting eternal or 20+ insight is not to begin raiding . Doing your own group for fractal and dungeon is far more easy and accesible because the difficulty of the content is not the same, you are forced to use teamspeak and lot of others restrictions to suceed for raids.

(edited by Bebunw.8137)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Raids were and continue to be a great idea, and the raid team continues to be exceptionally responsive to player concerns and very open to player ideas. They stand as an example of success for other teams in the company, and the tech that has been developed in support of raids has already been leveraged elsewhere in the game to great effect. As a specialist, they are among my favorite people to work with, and I say that without any influence from the ANet crew.

Raids may not appeal to some people, but they are a great success that has minimal to no schedule impact on the rest of the game. You are not losing an earlier LS3 because of raids.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

“Raid in MMOs are high-end content designed for the more hardcore player. However, from an analytics standpoint, the participation is higher than other games we’ve seen. This is likely due to the nature of our progression system in GW2.”

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/05/gw2-developer-ama-on-reddit/

It’s the second ANet comment in the Raid subsection.

Hey, all I did was refer to ANet saying “greater than in other games” and I provided a link when you asked politely. Fwiw, though, the percentage bandied about in WoW pre-LFR was, iirc, 5%. Of the 120 devs working on Live game, 5% work on raids (5-6, also referenced in the AMA). 6/120=.05. That’s 5%.

Sure, GW2 wasn’t a a raid game before. However, if Anet is going to cater to that want, then allocating 5% of the Live team to raids doesn’t seem like an unbalanced allocation of resources.

What this really is about is complaining about the release schedule, with raids being used as a convenient scapegoat because they happen to be on a different schedule than the persistent world stuff.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

Hey, all I did was refer to ANet saying “greater than in other games” and I provided a link when you asked politely. Fwiw, though, the percentage bandied about in WoW pre-LFR was, iirc, 5%. Of the 120 devs working on Live game, 6% work on raids (5-6, also referenced in the AMA). 6/120=.05. That’s 5%.

Sure, GW2 wasn’t a a raid game before. However, if Anet is going to cater to that want, then allocating 5% of the Live team to raids doesn’t seem like an unbalanced allocation of resources.

What this really is about is complaining about the release schedule, with raids being used as a convenient scapegoat because they happen to be on a different schedule than the persistent world stuff.

I’m aware of what they are saying. I hope that it’s true. I really do. I hope I am flat out wrong and the April patch proves me wrong.

But, personally, it’s not a convenient scapegoat. I just flat out don’t believe them. Whatever trust I had in Anet as a consumer has largely been wrecked by their lack of communication and what communication they provide just not be consistent with their actual actions.

Whatever values Anet has as a company I am not sure what they are anymore. I can look at other games I play and I know what they are about. I don’t what GW2 is about anymore.

I haven’t given up. I’m waiting to be proven wrong.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

Thaddeus.4891

And? What is the percentage of people that are playing fractal? Dungeon? WvW? PvP? Shatterer? Adventure? What is the threshold for all those content? Should we cut everything in the game that not 50% of people play?

All the content you mentionned are accesible to every players, raids are unlikely not. That’s the real problem. And it becomes a bigger problem if they focus on it for the game direction. They changed the nature of the game, what it make his succes for 3 years. The games has always been fine without raids.

How so? Raids are accessible to everybody with HoT. People might not like it, or dislike the organization needed, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s accessible.

And yes. I agree that if indeed they make raid the focus for the game direction it would be a problem. But there is 5-6 dev out of 200+ working on raid. How is raid is the focus of the game direction if only 3-4% of the staff is working on them?

They added another type of content, the nature of the game didn’t changed. At least it didn’t change because of raid. They kind of screw up dungeon and fractal, which is my opinion a big change to the nature of the game, but raid is a small portion of the game. It’s not the main focus and it didn’t changed the remaining game.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Raids were and continue to be a great idea, and the raid team continues to be exceptionally responsive to player concerns and very open to player ideas. They stand as an example of success for other teams in the company, and the tech that has been developed in support of raids has already been leveraged elsewhere in the game to great effect. As a specialist, they are among my favorite people to work with, and I say that without any influence from the ANet crew.

Raids may not appeal to some people, but they are a great success that has minimal to no schedule impact on the rest of the game. You are not losing an earlier LS3 because of raids.

I do like the idea of raids and I really would like to play it more but it is nearly impossible for me. I am trying to get the people in my guild to play but since raid was opened in the game my guild has raided once.

I have been begging and planning for raids but never been able to get enough players. Now I have almost given up.
I don’t care for loot, I play for fun and for the story and I wish there where something for us who can’t raid.

Since HoT release I can only remember shatterer remake and copy-paste festivals with no story. I know the dev team is working hard with LS but I have been playing PvP and other games because GW2 offers me nothing I can do. A small teaser release of the LS together with the raid would have been nice atleast.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Thaddeus.4891

I do like the idea of raids and I really would like to play it more but it is nearly impossible for me. I am trying to get the people in my guild to play but since raid was opened in the game my guild has raided once.

I have been begging and planning for raids but never been able to get enough players. Now I have almost given up.
I don’t care for loot, I play for fun and for the story and I wish there where something for us who can’t raid.

Since HoT release I can only remember shatterer remake and copy-paste festivals with no story. I know the dev team is working hard with LS but I have been playing PvP and other games because GW2 offers me nothing I can do. A small teaser release of the LS together with the raid would have been nice atleast.

Yes, true enough this can be hard to organized a raid. Anet didn’t gave us all the tools we needed and it’s a shame. But that doesn’t mean that it’s impossible.[/quote]

You saw a lot of post in the LFG and in the forum about people like you. Just create another guild just for raid with no representation or just a group of players that you add to your friend list. Just start with a small amount of players from your guild and try to expand with pugs. Each time you pugs try to talk to those that seem good see if they want to join your group and expand like that until you have a decent sized group.

Alternatively, I know NOOB is doing some raid. Last time I checked, they add created 3 squad.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Dungeon-Mentors-Noob#post5947882

I’m sure other guild are doing it too.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Yes, true enough this can be hard to organized a raid. Anet didn’t gave us all the tools we needed and it’s a shame. But that doesn’t mean that it’s impossible.

You saw a lot of post in the LFG and in the forum about people like you. Just create another guild just for raid with no representation or just a group of players that you add to your friend list. Just start with a small amount of players from your guild and try to expand with pugs. Each time you pugs try to talk to those that seem good see if they want to join your group and expand like that until you have a decent sized group.

Alternatively, I know NOOB is doing some raid. Last time I checked, they add created 3 squad.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Dungeon-Mentors-Noob#post5947882

I’m sure other guild are doing it too.

+1 not a bad idea actually. I am going to see if that works. Thanks.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

(edited by EdgarMTanaka.7291)

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

Any time you have to build a team of 10 vs a team of 5 its going to be harder.... by definition. However, there is nothing stopping people, unless they just want a prebuilt group to magically fall in their laps. It may take longer and be harder to figure out, but that’s what the content was meant to be. Raids are not a free loot source like dungeons were, and I think that’s the disappointment some people may have from raids. There certainly is nothing stopping any player in this game from grabbing 9 other people and doing a raid.

Thaddeus.4891

+1 not a bad idea actually. I am going to see if that works. Thanks.

Added note. If you are building your own team. You may want to focus on VG and Slothasor first before you go on Gorseval. The difficulty (mostly because of the dps check) is a lot harder on Gorseval and a lot of team that are able to fill VG each week are burning themselves on VG. Both VG and Slothazor have a lot more room when it come to the composition and the level of skill needed to keep up the dps.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

You just quoted your justification? Do you deserve content since you are also a paying customer? Guess what…they are also paying customers…just like you.

That’s not justification though. No one bought this game for raids (hopefully) since they didn’t come out for three years and did so with an additional $50 expense. That’s a lot to pay just for raids. Basically it’s unlikely reasoning.

maddoctor.2738

That’s not justification though. No one bought this game for raids (hopefully) since they didn’t come out for three years and did so with an additional $50 expense. That’s a lot to pay just for raids. Basically it’s unlikely reasoning.

When the game was released the explorable mode of dungeons was supposed to be the end-game hard content for the hardcore players. Also, the Orr metas were supposed to be the Open World version of a Raid.

Don’t talk like people who wanted challenge shouldn’t be here in this game. Players who wanted a real challenge bought GW2 FOR THAT CHALLENGE it was supposed to have.

For people who love structured and difficult content, we developed the explorable mode for our eight dungeons. A dungeon’s explorable mode has at least three different paths that players can choose to conquer—and each path is a five-character delve into tough content that we designed to push the limits of teamwork and communication.

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-endgame-reimagined/

There are more blog posts like this from the pre-release era. Their dungeons simply didn’t live up to their hype, they were super hard when the players didn’t know how the combat system worked, but keep in mind that the devs didn’t know either. They didn’t know how the players will use the dynamic combat system because it was new to them as well. Once players figured it out, dungeons became easy, so rather quickly we got Fractals to give us more challenge, but that soon turned easy.

With HoT they made up their mind to create 10-man content instead of 5-man content. Say all you want, but content for 10 people has a much greater potential for challenge and teamwork than content for 5. Dungeons and instanced content has been mostly neglected since Fractured for a very long time, don’t you think those who wanted that challenge at release had the right to get something for the money they spent to buy the game, money they spent because they were promised challenging content, which they didn’t get.

Rising Dusk.2408

Heads-up, they’re actively working on updating the LFG for raids to make it easier to find and create groups. They’re targeting a release for that work with the spring seasonal patch in April, but they did mention that it may get pushed depending on how cleanly it works. This should help a lot with your organization issues!

I can’t speak for the LS3 team, but I know they’re all hard at work and want to get things out to everyone ASAP. Also, there will be other things to do in-game before LS3 comes out (not including raids). We don’t know what they are yet, but Colin before he left did confirm that some other content was in the pipeline for Q2 2016.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

I hope anet realises that lfr ruined raiding in wow and therefore has no place here

Not this tired argument again…

No. It did not “ruin” raiding in WoW. In fact it allowed people that would otherwise never have raided to experience an easier version of raiding, and they then often were inspired to seek out formal raid teams to do the regular version.

Thaddeus.4891

I hope anet realises that lfr ruined raiding in wow and therefore has no place here

Not this tired argument again…

No. It did not “ruin” raiding in WoW. In fact it allowed people that would otherwise never have raided to experience an easier version of raiding, and they then often were inspired to seek out formal raid teams to do the regular version.

What ruined raiding in WoW wast the power creep of build and nerf of raid. Not the LFR. As long as anet don’t fall into these trap (again?) it will be alright. Anyway, LFR or LFG with a raid section, don’t ruin raid.

Bebunw.8137

For 3 years gw2 had no raids but we can undoubtely say the direction of the game has change, even if it is a small part in the developpement ressource, raids are becoming the center of attention of gw2, players like me who has no interests in raid may choose another mmo to play with. it’s sad but it’s how i feel for the state actual state of the game.

Rising Dusk.2408

For 3 years gw2 had no raids but we can undoubtely say the direction of the game has change, even if it is a small part in the developpement ressource, raids are becoming the center of attention of gw2, players like me who has no interests in raid may choose another mmo to play with. it’s sad but it’s how i feel for the state actual state of the game.

So wait, just because players now have the option to raid you are going to quit GW2?

Bebunw.8137

So wait, just because players now have the option to raid you are going to quit GW2?

No because the actual new content is almost inexistant, , and the extra content “raids” i have no interest in it. There first “big” patch for the first quarter consist in glide in tyria shatterer rework and balanced patch, btw the balance was awful, pvpers knows that. I know i will ended getting bored faster with gw2, like the ten months of no content they took before releasing hot, that’s why i said some people may want to try other mmo, because gw2 now don’t fit their taste anymore, well at least it is more and more true for my case.

(edited by Bebunw.8137)

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

No because the actual new content is almost inexistant, , and the extra content “raids” i have no interest in it. There first “big” patch for the first quarter consist in glide in tyria shatterer rework and balanced patch, btw the balance was awful, pvpers knows that.

4 new maps, 16 story chapters, a metric ton of adventures….. And yet people complain about 2 raid wings being created by a team of 5 people.

I guess we are just going to be selective about content from here on out ?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

So, here’s a question for those who are on about the content “drought” since HoT released. Would GW2 be a better game if they went back to the 2 week release cycle, with “click F 150 times for achievement” play and a couple of events that disappeared two weeks later? It seems to me that there were few who liked that, with many complaints about quality, temporary content and the sheer monotony of the busy-work that made up most of it. What would ANet have to provide?

MadRabbit.3179

So, here’s a question for those who are on about the content “drought” since HoT released. Would GW2 be a better game if they went back to the 2 week release cycle, with “click F 150 times for achievement” play and a couple of events that disappeared two weeks later? It seems to me that there were few who liked that, with many complaints about quality, temporary content and the sheer monotony of the busy-work that made up most of it. What would ANet have to provide?

How about a new fractal? Produced two raid wings within a roughly 5 month turnaround time. Last fractal we saw was…

834 days ago

Revamp of WvW addressing neglected community concerns, so maybe guilds will come back?

I liked most of the Living Story content. Escape From Lion’s Arch was a great experience. Never leveraged a complaint against it, because I take it for what it is; casual PVE content you just dropped into to have fun and chill.

Never asked for challenge outside of fractals, because introducing challenge is toxic for inclusively bringing together random, large groups of people together to have fun.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The problem is the focus they’re currently putting on it. It doesn’t matter how little resources they’re spending on raiding, it’s the fact that raiding is all we’re hearing about. It’s making GW2 look like every other generic MMO devoted to raiding, and for everyone that wanted something different, what GW2 used to be, it’s currently looking bad. Even HoT itself was advertised with an emphasis on raids and guilds. Now knowing that the regular releases aren’t coming for nearly a year after HoT’s release, that’s going to be one long stretch of nothing. They could at least bring back the reoccurring monthly events to overshadow it, which will probably happen in April.

Would GW2 be a better game if they went back to the 2 week release cycle, with “click F 150 times for achievement” play and a couple of events that disappeared two weeks later?

Only wanting to play GW2? Having something to look forward to every other week was great. Sometimes the content was a mere distraction, but every few weeks it was something major. Imagine if they continued in season 1’s style, and could swap in episodes whenever they wanted to offer a recycled, but fresh experience while they continued development.

Wanting to play other games? Having extended breaks is great.

MadRabbit.3179

4 new maps, 16 story chapters, a metric ton of adventures….. And yet people complain about 2 raid wings being created by a team of 5 people.

Which Anet itself conceded was light for a $60 expansion and sold it off the merits of it laying down the systems for future content releases.

It’s not just 2 raid wings being created by a team of 5 people.

It’s the addition of a new game mode to support when you can’t support the ones you already have had in existence for years.

The lack of that support, mind you, being excused, because of a lack of free developers to work on everything while in the same breath stating developers being allocated to support raiding won’t influence the development of other aspects of the game.

TexZero.7910

Never asked for challenge outside of fractals, because introducing challenge is toxic for inclusively bringing together random, large groups of people together to have fun.

Challenge isn’t toxic. People are.

So please stop distorting the issue.

After all no-one screamed about toxicity during some of the most beloved and challenging content additions in Queen’s Gauntlet or Marionette.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

So, here’s a question for those who are on about the content “drought” since HoT released. Would GW2 be a better game if they went back to the 2 week release cycle, with “click F 150 times for achievement” play and a couple of events that disappeared two weeks later?

You’re describing a situation there that never existed.

Click ‘g’ 150 times, those were S1 achievements. Events that disappeared? S1 too.

The 2 week release cycle that was upheld for S2 bar the half-time break, wasn’t like that. At all.

It seems to me that there were few who liked that, with many complaints about quality, temporary content and the sheer monotony of the busy-work that made up most of it. What would ANet have to provide?

Of course there were few who like that. I’d go as far as to say that no one like it, because it never happened.

I would be a lot happier with the game if there were was something new every 2 weeks. Even if it wouldn’t be amazingly groundbreaking. Because it would only have to last for 2 weeks. It would break the monotony of absolutely nothing for many weeks.

(edited by Manasa Devi.7958)

Rising Dusk.2408

The problem is the focus they’re currently putting on it. It doesn’t matter how little resources they’re spending on raiding, it’s the fact that raiding is all we’re hearing about. It’s making GW2 look like every other generic MMO devoted to raiding, and for everyone that wanted something different, what GW2 used to be, it’s currently looking bad. Even HoT itself was advertised with an emphasis on raids and guilds. Now knowing that the regular releases aren’t coming for nearly a year after HoT’s release, that’s going to be one long stretch of nothing. They could at least bring back the reoccurring monthly events to overshadow it, which will probably happen in April.

The only reason we’re hearing about raids a lot is because the raid wings weren’t all ready at launch. If they had all come out at the same time with HoT, you wouldn’t be hearing about it nearly as much as you are. The fact that they are coming out in a staged way, though, means you’ll hear about it more. It doesn’t mean they’re focusing on it more. There’s a very big difference there and it’s important that you and others understand it.

Frankly, though, I’m surprised people think that they’re hearing so much about raids at all. There was no mention of raids in the January seasonal patch, which also included a revamped Shatterer intended for players like yourself who aren’t interested in raids.

TexZero.7910

Which Anet itself conceded was light for a $60 expansion and sold it off the merits of it laying down the systems for future content releases.

It’s not just 2 raid wings being created by a team of 5 people.

It’s the addition of a new game mode to support when you can’t support the ones you already have had in existence for years.

The lack of that support, mind you, being excused, because of a lack of free developers to work on everything while in the same breath stating developers being allocated to support raiding won’t influence the development of other aspects of the game.

PvE has been supported just fine.

WvW was a dying mode before HoT even was a thought process, nothing changed.

PvP is thriving, albeit with a few issues but its overall player participation is higher.

So what’s this about unsupported modes ?

WvW…..right we all know it’s literally the red headed stepchild of the dev team, one day it will see meaningful updates.

As is raids have done just fine with a small team as far as support so your entire claim is pretty baseless.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

How can you say it has been supported “just fine” when HoT launched with a pathetically, insultingly small amount of accessible content and nothing has been added since.

In my book, that’s the exact opposite of supporting something “just fine”.

Posted by: saye.9304

saye.9304

Q1 and Q2 2016 ncsoft financial reports are the only answers to op’s question, if they look good then raid worked, if it looks not good or it shows drop in profit then it is better for anet to continue developing LS seasons and update fractals, also add SAB as mini game, for pve part.
we should wait and see what is gonna happen to wvw.
for pvp current state is good enough with more class balance.

MadRabbit.3179

Challenge isn’t toxic. People are.

So please stop distorting the issue.

After all no-one screamed about toxicity during some of the most beloved and challenging content additions in Queen’s Gauntlet or Marionette.

And guns don’t kill people. People do. But the gun helps.

Making some 5 word statement for a complex issue that can fit on the back of a bumper sticker in an attempt to drown out discussion IS distorting the issue.

Yes, people are toxic, but it’s usually for some reason or another and repeatedly failing an event, because random strangers won’t do a relatively simple act to prevent failure is a pretty good reason to get angry.

Content like WBT that is too simplistic too fail or other content where a small group of people can take on the more important roles and carry the rest has a much better atmosphere than what I find in most HoT meta maps.

Design of the game to include things like personal instances of resource nodes and a monster death not just rewarding the first player who tagged it goes a long way in creating a friendly game atmosphere, because it removes elements that lead to player conflict and thus, contributing to people being toxic.

I wasn’t around at the time to play Marionette, but Queen’s Gauntlet was content that pitted players against single monsters in a contest, not an open world event that fails repeatedly if the majority of people are too busy eating paste to fire CC at a break bar.

Referencing that content is also distorting the issue.

(edited by MadRabbit.3179)