I will pay $100.00+ USD worth of gems.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

If they allowed me to change the colour of my Mesmer animations from pink/purple to blue/red/green… something more manly.

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

But Mesmer has always been about da purple fuzz…

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

But mesmer was always about being pink and purple. They’re about being graceful!

Admittedly though, I wish they changed the effects for Twilight.

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

Cant be done we need to be able to recognize the skills (often by coller) to know what feelds and effects will be in use

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Cant be done we need to be able to recognize the skills (often by coller) to know what feelds and effects will be in use

Isn’t the entire point of being an illusionist so that people CAN’T recognize what you’re doing? Plus, the illusionist abilities are all giant gaudy bursts of light, or full-blown models that stand there and shoot at you, changing their color wouldn’t make them any less obvious. And nobody said anything about changing the color of combo-fields, just visual effects.

I would like to see this with the necromancer and guardian too. I’m sick of black/green and blue/silver.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Isn’t the entire point of being an illusionist so that people CAN’T recognize what you’re doing?

No. The point of being an illusionist is being allowed to use illusions. The game needs to have easy ways to recognize professions and skills, something vital for the e-sport concept as well as in order to allow decent team play. Changing the color of effects is a very bad idea.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Conncept.7638

Isn’t the entire point of being an illusionist so that people CAN’T recognize what you’re doing?

No. The point of being an illusionist is being allowed to use illusions . The game needs to have easy ways to recognize professions and skills, something vital for the e-sport concept as well as in order to allow decent team play. Changing the color of effects is a very bad idea.

• il·lu·sion
    /i?lo?oZH?n/
    Noun
    Of deceptive appearance or impression

Okay

Erasculio.2914

Okay…

The issue with allowing people to read dictionaries without giving them the reading comprehension to actually understand what they are reading is a great metaphor of many of the issues of the current information age.

Out of curiosity, what is your guardian guarding?

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to

Conncept.7638

Okay…

The issue with allowing people to read dictionaries without giving them the reading comprehension to actually understand what they are reading is a great metaphor of many of the issues of the current information age.

I think your issue is more on the writing end, that was one of the most gaudy and ill-written sentences I’ve ever had the displeasure of reading.

The simple fact is, you said it yourself, they create illusions. Illusions are not pets, they are meant to deceive, to hide your intentions and machinations, much like hiding your lack of knowledge behind heady statements and wordy vocabulary.

And in either case, changing colors wouldn’t alter the animations to the point of being unrecognizable, no two classes use the same particle effects. The single effect that the mesmer shares with any other class is that of The Prestige, which is shared with the elementalist.

Jasher.6580

So you’re telling me that if they give the option to change the Mesmer animation colours to blue, you wouldn’t be able to tell that it’s a Mesmer? Are you serious? The Mesmer animations are so obvious.

Erasculio.2914

Illusions are not pets

In GW2? Yes, they are. Welcome to the mesmer profession.

And in either case, changing colors wouldn’t alter the animations to the point of being unrecognizable, no two classes use the same animations.

Changing colours would make the animations to not be recognizable enough.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Still better than people who want to give their own meanings to words and demand everyone accept their point of view because that “how they got it” and “how they think it should be”.

I believe animation coloring should be implemented or at least tied to legendary weapons.

Conncept.7638

Illusions are not pets

And in either case, changing colors wouldn’t alter the animations to the point of being unrecognizable, no two classes use the same animations.

So, clones deal damage then? No, they do not, they are meant as a tool for diversion and deception, the mesmers principal method of maintaining a defense and opening an attack. They are not, even by the most outlandish definition, pets.

Phantasms are pets, but phantasms are an optional addition to the mesmer’s skill repertoire. There are several weapons that do not allow the creation of phantasms, there is not a single weapon that does not regularly create clones. You can build a full skill bar without ever summoning a ‘pet’, you cannot do so without ever summoning a clone.

And please, if you are able, explain to me which particle effects are so similar to those of another class that one could be mistaken for each other? Because I know this class well, and there is a single shared particle effect, which is used only from stealth.

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

Illusions are not pets

I hope you realize that this is an opinion against this customization.

Of course, it’ll likely never happen. GW2 isn’t the kind of game where character customization is #1.

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

So make it a purely cosmetic change on the owners client only… problem solved. He would see whatever color he wants… everyone else would see purple.

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

I personally would love this idea, though not allow every color of the rainbow. Perhaps allow a light/dark slider and a small color range.

It would indeed increase the time it takes me to identify professions though. Then again, whether I’m in sPvP or WvW, I don’t worry about too much about that. I’m more focused on getting a good estimation of their DPS potential to adjust my playing accordingly. Anything beyond that isn’t relevant.

If I am interested in their profession, I just look at their buff bar. That tends to give it away even before a fight.

Being able to darken my Guardian’s light blue effects would be insane. I’m already clad entirely in black, and working on my Twilight.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

Posted by: FourTwenty.4268

FourTwenty.4268

then add an audible tone to the class/mechanics then you can change the colors all you want right?

i mean, that solves your issue right?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I find it odd that there seems to be some things missing as far as the true capability of arcane abilities. Like slowing time down within a zone or a dome.

I’d rather see a more arcane type of color like white/gold stars.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I’d pay 100 USD for them to not put that in, then an other 100 for them to make it even more pink and purple.

Posted by: Late For Tea.1846

Late For Tea.1846

I’d top that with another 100 USD to have mesmers constantly emit a purple glow.

Posted by: Call Me M.6392

Call Me M.6392

If they allowed me to change the colour of my Mesmer animations from pink/purple to blue/red/green… something more manly.

Would you think a samurai is manly?

Samurai thought that writing poems and the colour pink (cherry blossom) was cool.

My point, if YOU decide that pink is manly, it is manly. The fact that you let others decide for you that it isn’t, is..well..

Posted by: edjahman.9104

edjahman.9104

Define manly…lol

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Samurai thought that writing poems and the colour pink (cherry blossom) was cool.

My point, if YOU decide that pink is manly, it is manly. The fact that you let others decide for you that it isn’t, is..well..

Pink is the color of manliness

Proof: Kirby

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

Color has nothing to do with one being a man, moving on changing colors would be pretty cool.

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

I prefer to keep buyign steam games.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Only real men dress in pink who needs to hid behind “manly” colors are the ones who are not manly!
Any way its about class recognition mez is know by that color set up much like fire is know by red.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Jasher.6580

No I would not.

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I would pay 100 Yen to have purple lasers shoot out of my Mesmer’s tailpipe… i could be like Super Ted, but with purple bum beams.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Posted by: Rain King.5914

Rain King.5914

This is all I’m going to say: It takes a certain kind of guy that is confident enough in his masculinity to wear a kilt.

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Pink is the colour that used to be associated with baby boys (light red). Purple is the colour associated with royalty and the divine. Pink and purple is one of the most manly colour combinations you can get.

The butterflies?.. yeah just keeping the shattered glass animation would be more uniform (easier to recognize) and look a little more thematic/manly…. unless I am missing some symbology here with the butterflies (is there more to it than “change”?).

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

I want pink guardian symbols!

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

Late For Tea.1846

…. unless I am missing some symbology here with the butterflies (is there more to it than “change”?).

Butterfly Effect, I don’t really understand it myself, but it is often associated with these kind of things. Other types of media use butterflies as well in similar cases to a Mesmer’s shattering (Alice’s dash in Alice: Madness Returns, for example).

Jasher.6580

Pink is the colour that used to be associated with baby boys (light red).

lol… yeah right. And if that’s the case. Being associated with baby boys is manly… nice.

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

Those of you who think you need pink/purple to recognize mesmers would not like Champions Online at all. It allows you to completely change the color, and sometimes even the effect, of attacks.

However, it doesn’t actually take all that long to realize that red lighting still shocks and that green fire still burns. Besides which, if you’re waiting until you see the particle effects that the attack creates, you’ve already waited entirely too long to decide how to deal with the incoming attack (in other words, learn character animations, not the pretty FX).

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

Posted by: ragingpuma.4618

ragingpuma.4618

manly is overrated. women are the true bad kitten /p>

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

So the only reason you don’t like it is because you perceive it as something not manly?

Are you serious?

How about this, remove some red color palate from your monitor and the problem is solved. Red is too feminine, so it would be perfect! It would remove all feminine colors on your screen.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Pink was fine for many centuries, now our society says pink is girly blue is manly, its pretty silly really..

off topic but worth a read
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/When-Did-Girls-Start-Wearing-Pink.html

Posted by: Raebfle.5914

Raebfle.5914

To be honest, I would like it if the mesmer illusions were like that in WoW.

Now, before anyone is like ’You’re just upset cause they beat you’ or whatever. I’m rolling a mesmer. So no, i’m not upset.
Though mages in WoW can do the same thing with Mirror Image, which summons 3 clones of the mage to cast spells.
However – In WoW, these clones actually have a different name, they are labelled “Mirror Image” or something along those lines. It’s been a long while since i’ve played my mage on WoW, or WoW at all for that matter. BUT, the point is, it makes it a lot easier to tell them apart.

It’s difficult to try and tell images/real apart when you’re cycling through at an alarmingly large rate.

As for the colors… I like it as they are now It’s all prettyfuls

Posted by: Raebfle.5914

Raebfle.5914

Samurai were so hardcore.

And Cherry Blossoms are beautiful
I don’t typically do pink at all, and i’m a girl, but colors mean nothing if you don’t associate anything to them. It’s the same for anything really.

The only reason a color like pink has a ‘girlie’ power attached to it, is because humans made it that way.

But… at the end of the day, if you don’t like pink or purple, don’t play a Mesmer honey, cause I doubt it’ll be changing anytime soon.

Late For Tea.1846

BUT, the point is, it makes it a lot easier to tell them apart.

It’s difficult to try and tell images/real apart when you’re cycling through at an alarmingly large rate.

The point of a Mesmer’s clones however is for the player to “hide in a crowd” so to speak. By making it easier to identify clones, they would practically become useless as they don’t do any damage.
Just look at the actions the models take. Players don’t stand still, but generally run around all the time during a fight. Clones on the other hand only run when their target is out of range and do nothing but using basic attacks. It’s really easy to pick out the “real one” when you pay attention to the animations.

Posted by: FacesOfMu.3561

FacesOfMu.3561

I would love to have this, but I don’t PvP so I don’t fully understand how this would change PvP battle.
At the very least, I’d love it for PvE. For PvP and WvW it could default back.

It’d give a great new use for the dye system.

People vary.

Jasher.6580

Customization is welcomed in this case. All the people saying that they need the colours to differentiate the profession from all the others are lying.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

To be honest, I would like it if the mesmer illusions were like that in WoW.

Now, before anyone is like ’You’re just upset cause they beat you’ or whatever. I’m rolling a mesmer. So no, i’m not upset.
Though mages in WoW can do the same thing with Mirror Image, which summons 3 clones of the mage to cast spells.
However – In WoW, these clones actually have a different name, they are labelled “Mirror Image” or something along those lines. It’s been a long while since i’ve played my mage on WoW, or WoW at all for that matter. BUT, the point is, it makes it a lot easier to tell them apart.

As for the colors… I like it as they are now It’s all prettyfuls

Clones deal no damage, and are used for misdirection. Making them have different names would defeat that purpose.

Phantasms, however, not only have a different name (Illusionary Beserker, for example), but they look different. They also deal damage / conditions.

OP:

Define ‘Manly’.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Dvantaman.3617

Dvantaman.3617

Hello Folks , can I ask something ?
I want to buy gems using my credit card .. but can I have an idea
how much it cost ?

like $4.00 = for 100 gems .. like that

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

When has Pink not been a manly color? The ladies dig a studly man who supports their breast health.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I believe since mesmers use chaos energy/magic, and since purple/pink has always been the color of chaos magic, it stands to reason that mesmers will always use pink/purple colors. It does help that each class has a “color” assigned to it:

guardians = blue
necro = green
thief = grey/black
ranger = green (light-er green)
only eng and warrior are colors I don’t really know for certain. could be orange/gold?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Cameo.4073

Cameo.4073

Hello Folks , can I ask something ?
I want to buy gems using my credit card .. but can I have an idea
how much it cost ?

like $4.00 = for 100 gems .. like that

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gems
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store

Hope this helps.

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

For pve especially I don’t see much of a problem if you could change color of your skills. In case of pvp, it might be confusing for people, but then again, I personally don’t really care about pvp. ^^’

I don’t have a problem with the color pink, or any color of any class actually. But I do agree it would be nice to be able to change the colors.

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

A plateful of cookies?

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Manly red butterflies.

Yep.