In my opinion, the armor is ugly in GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Raykon.7908

Raykon.7908

I like a lot of the armors in this game, but i DO think we are stuck too much into a few skins until much later in the game, which is rather annoying.

I still think they should add profession exclusive armor sets to the profession trainers where you get your trait books and have them work like cultural armor, except for professions. We could even have different tiers. This would add more diversity between professions wearing the same armor class. I sometimes miss how different professions looked from each other in gw1.

Posted by: Direwolf.7812

Direwolf.7812

Everyone knows that most of the GW2 armor is ugly, those that defend it are just blantly delusional and try to justify by saying it’s just personal preferences.

The real issue though is that GW2 does not have enough armor skins, they keep recycling most of the armor, even later in the game.

Compared to other MMO’s, GW2 lacks so much variety in terms of different Armor quantities.

There has been NUMEROUS, ABUNDANT complaints about the lack of armor in GW2. These complaints just don’t come up for no reason, sure many of the whiners complain because they haven’t reached ‘max’ level to see all the armors yet. But many of us who have done everything in the game already will also know that GW2 lacks armor skins.

Posted by: Faze.6948

Faze.6948

Everyone knows that most of the GW2 armor is ugly, those that defend it are just blantly delusional and try to justify by saying it’s just personal preferences.

The real issue though is that GW2 does not have enough armor skins, they keep recycling most of the armor, even later in the game.

Compared to other MMO’s, GW2 lacks so much variety in terms of different Armor quantities.

There has been NUMEROUS, ABUNDANT complaints about the lack of armor in GW2. These complaints just don’t come up for no reason, sure many of the whiners complain because they haven’t reached ‘max’ level to see all the armors yet. But many of us who have done everything in the game already will also know that GW2 lacks armor skins.

http://dulfy.net/2012/08/09/gw2-pvp-armor-collection/

There’s something like 30-35 armor sets available to each character. You can mix and match to taste. There’s hundreds of different shades of dye and each piece of armor takes 1-3 different dyes, usually 2 or 3.

Maybe I just have lower standards, but when it came to deciding on my end-game look I felt like I had plenty of choice, considering this is such a young MMO. My main (male sylvari ranger) has the vigil medium set with duelist pauldrons and Ebon Vanguard weapons, and (I think) with the right dyes he looks badkitten.

But yes, they did overdo it with trench coats and face masks for medium. And for light it’s not skimpy armor that is tasteless, it’s the fact the female is skimpy while the male gets voluminous robes for the same set as it appears blatantly sexist and removes the style choice from the player.

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

Light and Heavy are fine, Medium gets shafted with too many trench coats, face masks, and the pirate hat.

And I’m a light armor wearer :P

Posted by: Faze.6948

Faze.6948

Light and Heavy are fine, Medium gets shafted with too many trench coats, face masks, and the pirate hat.

And I’m a light armor wearer :P

Don’t knock the pirate hat until you’ve seen it on a male Charr.

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

I love most of the armor, but I have a problem with some of the Medium armor. I want to make a Norn Ranger, but I feel like she’d be better suited to wearing furs and more barbaric, stereotypically Northern leather than the long and roguish trench-coats we seem to have now.

I know some models like that exist, but they come a bit late, especially the T2 Cultural (which is one of my favorite armor types in the game).

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

Posted by: Corew.8932

Corew.8932

I love most of the armor, but I have a problem with some of the Medium armor. I want to make a Norn Ranger, but I feel like she’d be better suited to wearing furs and more barbaric, stereotypically Northern leather than the long and roguish trench-coats we seem to have now.

I know some models like that exist, but they come a bit late, especially the T2 Cultural (which is one of my favorite armor types in the game).

Thats how I feel about my Norn Mesmer, somehow it feels wrong with a Norn in a fluffy dress.

About later armor models, I bought the lvl 80 Vigil faction leggings and transmuted them onto lvl 65 leggings, so it’s possible to use models you have access to even if they are too high level. Don’t know if it’s intended but it works.

(edited by Corew.8932)

Posted by: Ponzu.4570

Ponzu.4570

medium armor needs more love,some armor covers too much skin,which makes it realistic and not too fancy,games like this are fantasy worlds,need to show more appeal with revealing moar skins and probably exaggerated spiky,fancy armors,just my 2¢

lvl80 sylavari Engineer
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

I may have missed a previous mention of this, but I think the word a lot of people in this thread are looking for is: silhouette.

Personal tastes aside, there is very little variation in silhouette, which is just a fact. It’s particularly pronounced in medium armor (all the long coats). There are a few exceptions, but if someone doesn’t like those exceptions, then they’re out of luck.

I do expect the variety to expand. When new armors are introduced, I very much hope that ANet steps away from these signature shapings and gives us more diversity there. I’d like to see sleeker silhouette options for both men and women, a move away from bulky, “puffed” lines, and some simpler, cleaner designs. My personal issue with armor aesthetics in this game is that most everything is way too busy. Especially the high-end stuff.

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Totally agree with the OP. CoF armour is the only armour with a noticeable ‘cool’ effect, where is all the flaming/magical armour?

For a game with “cosmetic gear progression” they totally failed to provide anything worth progressing for. They could’ve had flaming armour where you could even ‘dye’ the effect.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Posted by: lazykoala.3809

lazykoala.3809

I have to say I prefer gw1 high level armors over gw2’s thus far. They just seemed sleeker and had better looking sets whereas gw2 seems to be trying too hard to be flashy or just looks too plain or random, but to be fair most of the armor I have been previewing in gw2 has been on a charr and armor looks horrendously awful on charr.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Too many people coming from other MMO’s that treated armor with built in laser light shows and shoulder pads the size of Toyotas as something so mundane it was sold in the local ingame Walmart.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Detahmaio.2014

Detahmaio.2014

That’t what people want they want the bad as factor point blank. If I can make my toon have white flames on his sword or armor I’d work for it. IMO only 3 armor sets are nice.

Mind you I play a FEMALE asura and shares male armor skins
Light Ahrah Set
Light CoF
and light TA
Notice how all these armors are well defined and stand out.

TA –
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/image496.png

Ahrah – http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/image514.png

CoF – http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/image508.png

These boring sets shouldn’t even be considered exotic skins they are VERY boring

AC – http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/image493.png
Noble – http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/image511.png

(edited by Detahmaio.2014)

Posted by: Gallian.7630

Gallian.7630

How “good” or “bad” it looks is a matter of personal preferences.

But I think that perhaps armor variety could be higher (regardless of how they look).

Posted by: Cod Eye.1632

Cod Eye.1632

Most armour does look a little drab and samey as you level up through the content, but as you hit 80 you will find some nice sets from both Karma and dungeon token vendors.

I think my Guardian looks pretty neat now.

Attachments:

“Hey I swung a sword, Hey Hey I swung a sword again,”

“After several hours I’m still swinging this sword with1 lodestone drop”

Posted by: FluffyDoe.7539

FluffyDoe.7539

I agree. While most legendary weapons look super sick, the legendary armors on the other hand just simply gross my eyes. And I’m always supporting Anet’s Art Designs for GW2, but the armor designs simply don’t… a) give a lot of choices (most armors have to worn in a “set” or else they “look out of place”), & b) 80% of the legendary armors simply aren’t on the same level in terms of “coolness/awesomeness” compare to the legendary weapons (like a simple hoody looks way cooler on my mesmer than any other legendary light hats in the game).

EDIT: This is just my opinion and personal likings as similar to most other posts here.

(edited by FluffyDoe.7539)

Posted by: obiemvy.5632

obiemvy.5632

While I agree that I don’t like many armors, I like many armors as well… The previews stink though because it’s very important to see items dyed properly. Dying an armor can change what it looks like drastically.

I have 4 armor sets that I want purely for looks for my female Sylvari Elementalist. I have the 1st 2 already:
Exalted (400 tailoring exotic crafted)
Shadow (crafted or karma vendors.. a lower level armor but looks awesome, transmuted the masquerade rare magic find stats onto this skin)
Tier 3 Cultural
Vigil

Still haven’t decided if I want to buy the Vigil armor now and postpone the Tier 3 by a week, or wait on the Vigil to get Tier 3 slightly sooner, because I want the tier 3 more than the vigil… decisions decisions. :-)

Posted by: Terazeal.1976

Terazeal.1976

My major complaint about the armor in this game is that nearly every single chest piece has a lower bit that hangs off the waist and around the legs(longcoats, loincloths, skirts, etc.) This really bothers me for some reason and I think they need more variety in this regard.

Posted by: Vermillion Hawk.9037

Vermillion Hawk.9037

Personally I love the long trenchcoat look. I do agree that’s it’s oversaturated, however.

Grand Master of The Knights Hospitaller [STJ]
Isle of Janthir – Sylvari Mesmer – Alexandre Le Grande

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

This is my female ranger as of now:

Attachments:

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

Posted by: wumpusrat.4769

wumpusrat.4769

I can’t stand the trenchcoat look, personally. In every game that uses something similar, I always end up hating it. I think the main reason is due to how the “skirt” part of the coat is handled in animations. If you’re just standing around it doesn’t look TOO awful, but the moment you start moving/fighting, it looks ridiculous.

My ranger wears the “noble” outfit right now, which looks okay when she’s not moving. But once she starts fighting? The bottom of the “coat” flares out so freaking much it makes her look like her thighs are the size of aircraft carriers. It’s to prevent clipping, yeah, but it looks AWFUL to me.

Why can’t they add some “tucked in shirt” style armors? I was looking at some scale armor I found to see what it would look like in my warrior (who’s human as well) and it looked GREAT in combination with the leather pants. Had a really nice combination of protection and mobility. Made her look like a D&D bard, which made me happy.

Sadly, ANet has a massive kitten for the stupid trenchcoat look. :/

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

I have to say that overall I am fairly disappointed with the Armor styles. The dungeon sets are just horrible in my opinion (this is simply my opinion). On those I am going to mix and match them the best I can to make a “decent” overall look. Even most of the cultural armors are filled with “meh” looks. For instance the NPC armor sets of the Norn far far far outweigh in looks compared to their cultural armor. Likewise for the humans. The human t3 heavy armor just makes you look like you are a fat chubby warrior.

The armor designs seemed to be addicted to trench coats for medium and for heavy they are addicted to skirts and butt capes. The simple chainmail sets look great and realistic but the helms are horrible. The move to plate went straight from the realistic chainmail to over the top spikes and rediculousness. There are ways to make plate look ornate and awesome without going over the top WoW shoulders and such.

I know this is harsh commentary on them but it’s my opinion. I love the game but I was honestly shocked that they saved the good armor for the npcs and gave us this very meh armor.

Posted by: Selo.1250

Selo.1250

I want sexy male armor. =[

You kinda hit a differance there when it comes to men and women. Men are not as jealous and dont care when thers male armor like this in most mmos.
http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/36/566x976_7605_Gladiator_3d_fantasy_armor_warrior_anatomy_gladiator_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

just let people wear what they want. If players want to wear skimpy armor then let them. Most men likes breasts, deal with it.

Posted by: OrianZeta.1537

OrianZeta.1537

Worth repeating. Feels like a very narrow, unfortunate mindset was used for medium armor. Coats and medium armor in general are too bulky. GW1 design was awesome. The pervasiveness of clipping is simply intolerable; said bulkiness is to blame.

Cue long version of feedback:

In my current set you can clearly see a shorter profile that would be a vast improvement; everything below that line is unnecessary. It’s sad, because I was excited to first wear it, after growing tired of the pirate gimmick (and believe me, I loved PotC).

Let’s compare to what I wore in Guild Wars

What are those things? Limbs! My GW1 chars could look stylish and lean, with a beautiful portrait that wasn’t weighed down with bulky clothing. That’s exactly the word I would use to underpin my complaint: bulky, bulky, bleeding bulky.

There’s another reason to want to take a sewing machine to these coats that goes so far beyond mere subjective taste it’s downright obscene: clipping.

Wolf’s blood! I thought it was bad that my massive norn looks way too small to be carrying many a greatsword (and some 1h extend into the ground, are you kidding me!? I’m 3 meters tall!) but the wide exterior garment makes for an absolute nightmare with things like torches, axes and daggers. Even on matching dungeon sets there’s ridiculous clipping, and it’s all because of the design that’s obsessed with skirt-length garments that puff up the hips and hang very low.

At this point, I will work toward one dungeon set that looks decent and research what karma vendors have to offer. The only consolation is that I won’t need extra storage and months of farming to win all of the gorgeous sets of pretty armor. :C

Posted by: paelen.3821

paelen.3821

I tend to agree. Many of the armors aren’t really appealing. I see someone wearing armor that I do like but find that I cannot wear it. This is a huge deterrent not allowing players to wear what they want, when they want.

Thank you for the clothes option. Nice idea but where are they? Why must it automatically swap to your armor? Where are the dozens of player crafted shirts, pants, boots recipes in game? Social content ya know. Mix and match and whatever. This is a HUGE factor in a mmo. Eating and drinking and smoking animations and tons of animated emotes.

Sitting in chairs. Mounts. Customizable player housing with item placement where you want? Why have a market, bazaar, auction house, trading post but in place player vendors in your house! Why aren’t these standard designs? MMO’s are meant to mimic real life, so to speak.

Have been in mmo’s over a decade now. Social items, Appearance and Gameplay (that has nothing to do with gaining xp of any kind)are what makes mmo’s. Continuous designs and content added. There is never meant to be a ’endgame’ which brings the thought of a ending. Levels also bring about that thought.

Going out on a ledge here but just about every mmo’s money types, inflate to insane amounts. What’s the point? Why must a mmo’s designs be Capitalistic? Which leads to grinds of sorts. Why do something over and over and over? It’s pretty much guaranteed that grinds don’t keep players.

I really enjoy GW2. So many cumbersome designs have been fixed. Many things are missing that keep players.

Please feel free to debate me. Ya know, it really doesn’t matter.

Posted by: citypigeon.6358

citypigeon.6358

I’ve looked at galleries for every single armor set currently in existence and I can’t help but be disappointed…

Yes, there is some nice armor, but in my opinion, the armor in GW1 was much MUCH more attractive and creative, from level 1 to everything beyond. For the most part, no matter what level or what kind of player you were, everyone was a stylish hottie left to right. At the same time, you can still distinguish what the elite sets are. There was alot of room for mixing and matching and still looking beautiful. Whoever designed the armor in GW1 was just really good

Unfortunately, I just don’t find this the case in GW2. I’m glad to see I’m not the only one! I find much of the armor awkward/unflattering/uninspiring. Unlike GW1, there isn’t much armor I’d want to save up for, because I literally don’t want it, lol.

Again, it’s not completely tragic. I got kind of lucky with my ele and came up with this mix of the exotic Mhenlo coat, conjurer pants, and the cabalist hood. I’m happy say I think she looks gorgeous ^^
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/royalty.png/
http://trahottie.tumblr.com/post/37543625643/the-skies-of-rata-sum-pt-1-obsessed-what-id
http://trahottie.tumblr.com/post/37585380824/the-skies-of-rata-sum-pt-4

My point still stands though. We totally have an over-saturation of visually unappealing and repetitive armor, and I hope Anet steps up the fashion game in future expansions…after all, you guys did a FANTASTIC job in GW1 and all 3 expansions….

IGN: zestalyn
zestalyn.tumblr

Posted by: Hycinthus.6483

Hycinthus.6483

I agree, Medium armor especially has such minor varieties. Everything looks like a trenchcoat.

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

Contributing!

Attachments:

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yes, there is some nice armor, but in my opinion, the armor in GW1 was much MUCH more attractive and creative, from level 1 to everything beyond.

This. If only the designers could somehow transplant some of the GW1 armors straight into GW2.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

I feel the same with my Thief…
I wanted something sleek and stealthy so large bulky Trenchcoats are out, the Wispers armour looks like a skirt so i am left with Duelist or T3 Human (which is way out of normal players price range)

Great selection :-(

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

Posted by: cNcHellShadow.7691

cNcHellShadow.7691

I thought I did a pretty good job mixing and matching on my characters to make them look fairly unique, as I don’t think I’ve really seen a full set of armor I like. Some pieces, however, look amazing with different set pieces.

Attachments:

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

The answer is always mix and match.

Attachments:

Posted by: Hycinthus.6483

Hycinthus.6483

Contributing!

What armor is it the furthest right one?

Posted by: han.9042

han.9042

I like the gw2 armors (except the helmets. They are all super ugly) They just need to add more.

I personally think WoW has the ugliest armors. Everyone and their grandmother running around with glowing armor pieces in Ironforge, it just so stupid.

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Over 8 years of MMOs

I have never looked this good

Attachments:

Posted by: alcedonia.7831

alcedonia.7831

I agree medium armor got shafted. Way too many trenchcoats. And to be frank, only the arah one looks nice to me. That and the temple set if you wanna look like van hellsing or a witchhunter from warhammer 40k.
Not many different styles for medium armor other than trenchcoat variations.

Heavy armor on charr also has a few niggly issues. Charrs are generally very top side heavy. And most leg skins for heavy armor are like armored pants. Some people like the look, i personally hate it. I don’t want to see my charr guardian’s scrawny thighs. And the only thing that covers it up is ac legs.

QQ.

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Over 8 years of MMOs

I have never looked this good

See this is the challenge MMo devs have to deal with. i personally loathe the CoF armour it’s so impractical and silly… i mean you’re ON FIRE xD

Yet a lot of people love it and I respect that because if I’ve learned anything in MMO’s over the years it’s that people have an amazing variety of different tastes and I find that fascinating to see.

I’m sure a lot of folks hate my character’s outfit even though i love it

Attachments:

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

(edited by Ryuujin.8236)

Posted by: KeikoTerada.1963

KeikoTerada.1963

If I had to generalise using just the two options “ugly” or “not ugly”… I’d have to say “ugly”.

Looking through the galleries of available light and medium armor, I struggle to find anything at all that I like. Because I just do NOT like the “Giant Coat” or “Victorian Bustle” looks. Nearly all of it just looks unwieldy.

I want my characters to look like they could feasibly run or jump, while wearing their armour. Armour that doesn’t look like it would severely restrict my character’s movements, trip them up, or get stuck on every gate/bush/whatever I travel past. In which case I am left with few choices, and of those… I’m generally not impressed. There’s only the “named” medium armour (aidan’s/shiro’s etc), and for light armour… stumped.

For heavy armor, the choices are little better… but even there, there’s still not much that I like the look of. I basically stick to the Heritage armor, Fire Vambraces and either Heavy Ice Diadem or don’t show helmet at all – all from the HoM, :-P

I just hope we see some fresh ideas when new armors are inevitably added to the game in the future.

(edited by KeikoTerada.1963)

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I agree pretty much, all the Dungeon Armors look bad too me (i use them to transmute stats only) some crafted armor is nice (very little) and some random armors are ok.

But mostly 99% of the Armors are not attractive at all, GW1 armors were the way i liked them.
But compared to weapons haha armor has a lot more choices, very few weapons are nice to me.

Posted by: Araushnee.1852

Araushnee.1852

But compared to weapons haha armor has a lot more choices, very few weapons are nice to me.

I have to agree with this. I used to be very disappointed in the medium armor, but eventually I found something I liked. T3 human cultural top with vigil leggings looks great. Although since the patch they messed up the leggings and there is an invisible line around my stomach.

Weapons on the other hand, I’m having great problems finding something that works for my character, and part of the problems is the inability to dye weapons. I don’t want to dye my cloths around my weapons. Also I don’t think I will get weapons I feel matches my character. Last I checked the sword and bow I want each would cost at a minimum of 400g each, although prices for material have gone up, so it might be double that. I will never have that kind of money and even if I did, the sword wouldn’t have the glow color I’d prefer. So I think I’m stuck with weapons that don’t match my character.

Gamer Gal

Posted by: alcedonia.7831

alcedonia.7831

I have to agree with this. I used to be very disappointed in the medium armor, but eventually I found something I liked. T3 human cultural top with vigil leggings looks great. Although since the patch they messed up the leggings and there is an invisible line around my stomach.

Weapons on the other hand, I’m having great problems finding something that works for my character, and part of the problems is the inability to dye weapons. I don’t want to dye my cloths around my weapons. Also I don’t think I will get weapons I feel matches my character. Last I checked the sword and bow I want each would cost at a minimum of 400g each, although prices for material have gone up, so it might be double that. I will never have that kind of money and even if I did, the sword wouldn’t have the glow color I’d prefer. So I think I’m stuck with weapons that don’t match my character.

i’m a hammer guardian. the only hammer that looks kinda nice is the magmaton. =(

and i have to dye my armor tea jean to make it match the hammer.

when i pull out my ac scepter and flame legion shield, i keep expecting the fashion police to show up and ban my character.

Posted by: Empressium.5482

Empressium.5482

whoever design those fugly hideous SE set, really really “meh”

Posted by: vvp.8512

vvp.8512

The medium TA set is surprisingly pretty once you figure out how the colors work.

But overall, medium armor got the short stick.

Plainview (80 Engineer) SoR

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Your opinion is ugly!

Posted by: Loony.3865

Loony.3865

Now hold your horses there ladies and gentle lads. I am not too savvy with forum posts and writings so please keep that in mind as I type. I play this game a lot, unfortunately not as much as I would like to (Pesky real life!), I played GW1 from the early days and rolled an Ele, when GW2 came out i rolled an ele, male, and… I must say… the Armor is quite lacking :<

NOW HOLD ON THERE! BEFORE YOU YELL IN PROTEST! Hear this old badger out.

ISSUE ONE: Tighty Whiteys

I’m not saying it is ugly… just… lacking… particularly to light armor… (some heavy stuff looks mad! In my opinion, CoF armor looks amazing, I’m currently farming my way towards it with full AC gear… I have AC gear and I dye part of it white and such… and I play with my buddeh (engineer) and EVERY TIME he sees my character… he goes “DAT AS#”

I mean, really… Tighty-whiteys :<? I love the set’s stats and I love what it allows me to do but I mean… My exotic MF gear that I crafted looks better, and when I bought the set I was seriously considering transmuting the GW1 reward armor to it :<

Then when I found out the legendary staff leaves a rainbow effect behind me… I pictured myself… in tighty whiteys… charging into battle… with a rainbow stream behind me… I mean… COME ON >.<!

ISSUE TWO: HEAD!

From level 1 to level 80 I have not seen a descent head piece for an Elementalist… (CoF not included). I AM NOT A MESMER >.<! I shouldn’t need to wear those masks, and don’t get me started on the way the rest of it looks, like a very lazy shark is eating your head or something… I mean… We’re elementalists! We should have elemental related armor pieces, especially for the head, crowns of fire, frost… etc (insert half kitten suggestions here) and this finally brings us to problem 3

PROBLEM 3! No Profession Specific Armor:

I only realized this quite recently (largely due to me constantly screaming “I’M NOT A MESMER” every time I see an armor set with a mask – and if you are wondering what I am talking about I guess you had to play GW1 – masks were specific to Mesmers, it was their thing, illusions and such…)

Where is the profession specific armor? I think that’s something we can all agree is missing here? Elementalist armorsets, especially those that are exotic from dungeons and such should have elemental themes to them (PLEASE NOTE: I am talking scarcity here… as in for every possible ONE set (CoF being all fiery) there be a MILLION whitey-tighties.

I believe this is something that might affect other classes too…

Well in any case, this old badger has said his piece… I quite enjoy this game but I really hope Arenanet does something about all this.

PAYCE

(edited by Loony.3865)

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

One of the most awful examples of spikes-gone-mad is heavy Armageddon armour, or temple armour.
I’ve attached a Before and After comparison with a crude shop job by me revealing the really nice armour underneath all the crappy spikes.
Unfortunately, I can’t do anything with that nasty helmet.

Attachments:

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

I may have missed a previous mention of this, but I think the word a lot of people in this thread are looking for is: silhouette.

Personal tastes aside, there is very little variation in silhouette, which is just a fact. It’s particularly pronounced in medium armor (all the long coats). There are a few exceptions, but if someone doesn’t like those exceptions, then they’re out of luck.

I do expect the variety to expand. When new armors are introduced, I very much hope that ANet steps away from these signature shapings and gives us more diversity there. I’d like to see sleeker silhouette options for both men and women, a move away from bulky, “puffed” lines, and some simpler, cleaner designs. My personal issue with armor aesthetics in this game is that most everything is way too busy. Especially the high-end stuff.

This. So much of this.
I actually like the trenchcoat-look of most of the medium armors, but when you have little else to choose from over most of the game, it becomes somewhat tedious.
As for light armor, I loathe that as a female, you are pretty much stuck in either looking mostly naked (and flashing all of your assets all the time is just not…*sigh*. I wouldn’t want to choose that for my avatar) or blandly (! I don’t really mind being covered up, but could you make it a little more pretty? Maybe some more pants?) covered from head to toe. I like some of the sleek looks male scholars get – why did they have to remove ~90% of the fabric for the female version? Agh.
More diversity within the armor classes, please!

Polka will never die

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

I disagree. I think they did an excellent job in the art direction of this game. The variety in armor and how cool most of it looks is one of the best parts of GW2.

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

My largest issue is clipping.

While a full matched set of armour is usually ok, if you try to mix you’ll almost certainly will have some clipping. And this is driving me mad.

I don’t want to look like a clone with full arah\cof set. I try to mix and match. But whenever I find a nice combination it always has some weird colour or clip through each other. Being a chubby norn doesn’t help either.

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Another negative thread necroed within the last 24 hours…i feel that someone has an agenda.

Though I do agree that medium armor classes have very few non-trenchcoat choices for medium armor classes. However, I’m quite happy with the light and heavy armor selection.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”