Increase of grind. Lack of new content.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Prower

I share pretty much the same feelings as you do haha. The only reason I really play now is because of my guild/friends.

Speaking of grinds you should check out the new PvP dailies. Such grind, much effort.

Anyway hope you come back eventually, LA trolling just isn’t the same without you xoxo.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

The fact that you’ve only been playing the game for 2 months makes it reasonable why you do not understand the OP. I suggest you read it again.

I don’t need to read it again. Every forum of every MMO is filled with complaints from people who play insane amounts of time and get bored of the game, but rather than recognizing that maybe they should take a break and try something else, claim that there’s something wrong with the game.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

The fact that you’ve only been playing the game for 2 months makes it reasonable why you do not understand the OP. I suggest you read it again.

I don’t need to read it again. Every forum of every MMO is filled with complaints from people who play insane amounts of time and get bored of the game, but rather than recognizing that maybe they should take a break and try something else, claim that there’s something wrong with the game.

+1

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

So there’s nothing wrong with the game then?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Sadly most updates are simply terrble. I would rather have a large update every 3 month and an expansion once a year.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

If the grind was not this ridiculous a lot more people would have started chasing for legendaries and (one of) the meta would have been collect them all, this way instead, excluding tp manipulators/really lucky guys/koreangrindersalike, even just a single one of those items is faaar away from the average player, so many simply don’t care or even if they do after the first one they’re burned-out.
Anet (imo) can make nice content and give us a lot of things to keep us interested, but they’re often failing in the way they implement them.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

But isn’t that the point though?
Legendaries aren’t supposed to be for the “average player” they are supposed to be there for the hardcore players.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Kevan.8912

Kevan.8912

Legendaries aren’t supposed to be for the “average player” they are supposed to be there for the hardcore players.

if legendaries / ascended were still equivalent to exo, and just beautiful skins..ok.
that’s not what happened.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

if legendaries / ascended were still equivalent to exo, and just beautiful skins..ok.
that’s not what happened.

Ascended is very much obtainable by an average player without much trouble though.
Whilst Legendaries still require quite a bit of “hardcore” gaming.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

You could try challenging yourself in a way that wouldn’t require as much grind. For example:

- Attempt to get world completion in no armor at all. Choose whatever weapons you want. Never buy armor of any kind. Imagine the prestige involved in that, when you can tell folks that you made it through the entire world (including WvWvW) without any armor to slow you down. And, since that character didn’t need armor, I guess you didn’t need to grind for any. Problem solved.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Prower

I share pretty much the same feelings as you do haha. The only reason I really play now is because of my guild/friends.

This. It’s always the people that keep me going – without a bunch of friends and a guild to spam to, I probably would have quit this game before completing my Sunrise. It’s my friends that motivate me and keep me going in between new content patches, and they’ve done so sufficiently for me to begin working for Eternity.

Trust me, after over 3000 hours you’re sure to tire of the content and begin playing to chat more than to be productive.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I find these threads laughable. I’ve been playing the game for over 2 months and have spent at most 2 hours in that time grinding anything (a few champions for a monthly). Still have a ton of stuff to explore and do and expect there’s plenty to keep me busy for at least a year, not counting new stuff that gets added.

Grinding is self-imposed. It’s always the people obsessed with optional gear who then convince themselves that grinding that gear is mandatory and then complain that the game is grindy.

Also, sometimes people just outgrow a game and need to go play a different one.

I’ve been playing the game since headstart without a break and I don’t understand the OP either.

Maybe the OPs opinions aren’t shared by everyone. Quite a few people in my guild were here at launch and have played continuously.

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

I understand your point, but why don’t shift from this system to one that incentive collection?
Right now 21 legendaries are worth more or lesser 55.000 Gold, I don’t know how many hardcore have all of them, but I suppose a really tiny portion of the players.
Why don’t “scale the effort” in a way that ALL those weapons can be collected in 1 years of hardcore gameplay so even the avarange player can aspire to collect 2 or 3 in the same time?
Then after an year… release a new set and so on… I don’t think 19 new weapons per year are too difficoult to implement…
Also giving a way to show a whole collection could be cool, you know, like Hall of Monuments…

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

(edited by Erick Alastor.3917)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

There’s really no need to explain it further, but the whole Ascended thing did murder a nice chunk of my interest. The OP is pretty much correct. It feels like a bad idea with the sole purpose to stall time for development. They shoulda just did another WvW season instead to stall time. :o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

There’s really no need to explain it further, but the whole Ascended thing did murder a nice chunk of my interest. The OP is pretty much correct. It feels like a bad idea with the sole purpose to stall time for development. They shoulda just did another WvW season instead to stall time. :o

I have the feeling the next WvW season will start after people recovered from binge-playing the last one. People need to rest between seasons, and I mean mentally. Otherwise you get burnout.

Much like the OP.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Legendaries: Barred by RNG and cash. Well beyond the means of any average player.

Ascended: Too much time investment to be at the whim of patch nerfs/buffs. Unnecessary time-gating and mat gathering to encourage cash shop conversions.

You made it a lot further than I did OP. The game has turned in to a completely unnecessary grind. I actually had to laugh at the Halloween Event. I wonder if anyone actually got one of the weapons.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You made it a lot further than I did OP. The game has turned in to a completely unnecessary grind. I actually had to laugh at the Halloween Event. I wonder if anyone actually got one of the weapons.

. . . there were weapons which dropped? I was under the impression you had to camp the trading post in order to get those.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Kevan.8912

Legendaries: Barred by RNG and cash. Well beyond the means of any average player.

Ascended: Too much time investment to be at the whim of patch nerfs/buffs. Unnecessary time-gating and mat gathering to encourage cash shop conversions.

the worse part is that grinding (that awful horrible thing anet wanted to avoid), if once was only a painful choice to visually differentiate from masses, now has also become a must.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Because I do not want to even think of farming for different tiers of cloth from mobs for ascended armors. Because I no longer want to repeat content I’ve done a thousand times before for an insignificant reward.

This has become a Korean grinder. I’m now struggling to log in.

Sigh, people and their selective reading.

I’ve been playing the game since headstart without a break and I don’t understand the OP either.

Maybe the OPs opinions aren’t shared by everyone. Quite a few people in my guild were here at launch and have played continuously.

Your go to arguments are always Some Are/Some Are Not or Unwarranted Contrast. I dunno how anyone can even take you seriously anymore.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

It helps a bit more me that I pace myself with guildwars 2. I caught on pretty quick once I hit 80 that I would hit a brick wall very quick so I’ve pretty much turned this game into a 2-3 times a week for a few hours at most type. Love this game enough I want to avoid burning myself out to quick.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

You’re far from the only one, OP.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Prower

Speaking of grinds you should check out the new PvP dailies. Such grind, much effort.

Anyway hope you come back eventually, LA trolling just isn’t the same without you xoxo.

<3 Asuna.

I’ve actually already have taken multiple breaks from Guild Wars 2; usually after I’ve done the meta for the major events and monthlies. Most of my guild has gone inactive. But I still have one irl friend dragging me back into the game when she wants to play.

Saw those new PVP dailies. They are a joke. Never bothered with them and only simply did the 4 regular ones for the daily completion. Too much effort chasing every achievement point now for me hah.

Just hoping Anet does some thing to renew interest in the game.

Vayne.8563

Because I do not want to even think of farming for different tiers of cloth from mobs for ascended armors. Because I no longer want to repeat content I’ve done a thousand times before for an insignificant reward.

Your go to arguments are always Some Are/Some Are Not or Unwarranted Contrast. I dunno how anyone can even take you seriously anymore.

This is what you wrote:

“The fact that you’ve only been playing the game for 2 months makes it reasonable why you do not understand the OP. I suggest you read it again.”

The implication here is quite clear. You’re saying if this poster had played longer, he would understand the OP. But I’ve been playing longer and I don’t.

And you know, you’re not my target audience for posts. It makes not one lick of difference if you take me seriously or not. But if you’re going to post something as unfair as you did, I have every right to call you on it.

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

Eight 80’s!? I feel like in a way you are expecting way too much… when I read what you’ve done, it doesn’t feel like you played the game, more like you devoured it instead. Really… at this point who wouldn’t be bored? I think you just rexhausted it and now need something completely new. Nobody plays the same game forever.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I have five 80s. I am(sort of still but waning) re-invigorated with the game by playing WvW. I suppose I’ll continue to still play, but with 2014 and a TON of new games coming…my thought process has been "Why am I grinding out mats for ascended weapons or making sure I have my daillies done? " I should just log in, have fun in WvW since its the only fun aspect of the game anymore (and I am a PVE player at heart, definately)…and log out. I don’t see much return on my investment if I can see myself completely leaving in a few months for other games. (and leaving because it’ll be far too long before I see any legit changes from the CDI discussions concerning ideas that have been fleshed out in the forums for a year).

I see the OP point, but unlike him and unlike many other disgruntleds, I will not turn to the forums to say “bye bye” when I make the decision to delete GW2 from my computer for good. I’ll simply stop logging in every day, eventually deleting the game. And that’ll be that.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Question: Why not log in for the content you enjoy?

That is why i am at teh forum, forum excells over the game.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I started playing about a month after launch and I never saw the point of the legendary weapons so I’ve never made one. I haven’t done any of the ascended weapons and I don’t plan on doing the ascended armors either. I hate crafting and I don’t particularly like the PvE in this game so I’m not going to try to force myself through the PvE grind necessary to make this stuff.

I enjoyed the achievement point hunt even before the chests came out so I do that. I enjoy spvp so I do that. I enjoy WvW so I do that.

Just do what you like man. At least that way if you’re grinding it’ll be a fun grind.

cesmode.4257

I started playing about a month after launch and I never saw the point of the legendary weapons so I’ve never made one. I haven’t done any of the ascended weapons and I don’t plan on doing the ascended armors either. I hate crafting and I don’t particularly like the PvE in this game so I’m not going to try to force myself through the PvE grind necessary to make this stuff.

I enjoyed the achievement point hunt even before the chests came out so I do that. I enjoy spvp so I do that. I enjoy WvW so I do that.

Just do what you like man. At least that way if you’re grinding it’ll be a fun grind.

Obviously, this makes sense and I agree.

In my many years of playing MMOs Ive been a PVE player at heart..95% PVE and 5% PvP. The PVE content has become so watered down, so mind numbingly dull and boring and such a grind..that I don’t want to do it anymore. My only enjoyment in the game is now the awsome epic battles of WvW, but only if you can get behind a good commander. I joined a guild to do just that. So hopefully WvW will fill the gaps for me between GW2, and now Warframe.

I’ll probably re-install skyrim in a month or two, drop GW2 completely, and gear up to try TESO. After that, its onto EQ Landmark or Wildstar(which will be my mainstay for many years).

Sadly, GW2 is almost done for me. WvW is the only thing keeping me going.

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

There are some issues with the game though. Spvp has flopped, almost every major team has left and the balance is in terrible state. It is also difficult not to get bored when there is only one gimmicky game mode to play. WvW is still popular, but it feels like Beta. Probably because it was very unfinished already during the betas, and hasn’t been changed much since. Well, they are coming up with that new map, Edge of the Mists, we’ll see how that’ll turn out.
Not that I’d care. I hardly play this game anymore. I wanted it for the pvp, but the pvp is as shallow as in the average free to play JRPG.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

Leo Paul.1659

This is what you wrote:

“The fact that you’ve only been playing the game for 2 months makes it reasonable why you do not understand the OP. I suggest you read it again.”

The implication here is quite clear. You’re saying if this poster had played longer, he would understand the OP. But I’ve been playing longer and I don’t.

And you know, you’re not my target audience for posts. It makes not one lick of difference if you take me seriously or not. But if you’re going to post something as unfair as you did, I have every right to call you on it.

Reworded but still pretty much an unwarranted contrast. And it seems you don’t seem to get what the OP is saying either. The method by which ascended is acquired, its timing and intervals in being introduced, its (lack of) significance to the game in general, you seem to miss (or just selectively ignored) those points. But yea, you always were fond of using fallacies to defend Anet instead of properly addressing the validity of arguments. (deliberate ad hominem)

Just noticed that the OP changed the title of the thread. Perhaps now you’d understand his post a bit better? Ascended (or a new tier) begs for new content for it to be relevant/worthwhile, otherwise it just seems like a poor gimmick to make players stick a bit longer.

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’ve been playing since the head start as well (was in the betas but we won’t count those) and I don’t have the issues the OP has. I have 4 characters to 80, 6 more all over the boars, and 2 more planned after I get those 6 done. I’m doing dungeons, I’m doing fractals, I AP hunt, I’m still working on leveling crafting to 500 (though I’m in no hurry), I’ve even jumped in and annoyed ppl in WvW. I’ve actually spent the last week and half on the game every day for 10+ hours (holiday vacation, it was so wonderful). Loving every minute of it.

Perhaps the difference between the OP and myself is the approach to the game play? I’ve done the world completion too (although not all on the same character) and I still enjoy re-exploring the zones. As I’ve pointed out, I do a lot of the things the OP has done, but they’ve not lost their ‘sparkle’ for me as yet.

Perhaps it is simple due to overplay and rushing? Don’t know honestly, but OP if you’re burnt out (and by everything you’ve said, that’s pretty much exactly what you are) then just take a break. It will all be here later when you feel refreshed and want to come back. Maybe just take a break until the feature update in a couple of months, then see if anything in it sparks your interest.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

There’s plenty in the game that keeps it interesting. Nearly 1000 hours played just in the last 3 months proves that (though admittedly, at least 20% of that was spent afk). Different WvW playstyles, playing through different classes with different levelling methods, sPvP on occasion, exploring on occasion, Orr events on occasion.

I spent a good 10 months away from the game after I played it at launch. GW2 isn’t an easy game to get into coming from traditional MMOs, but once you get it, it’s really hard to get away from. I can understand the perception of not having much to do, but really, if you even do much exploring, you’ll suddenly find yourself with a lot of dynamic events and small quests to do.

If you’ve spent that many hours on this game, perhaps what you need is just some time away from the game playing some other F2P mmos like Aion or TERA.

Or maybe Maplestory, to remind yourself what grinding is. Because there’s no grind in GW2. At all. Seriously. People who say there’s any kind of grind in gw2 is deluded.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

You never played a korean grinder
You never played GW1

Actually yes I have. Your logic is flawed.

So what korean grinder did you play? Because this had to be a really good one, I have yet to see a korea grinder with the same amount of content/voice acting/updates

If you played GW1, why do you complain about grind? This game was grindy as hell. “B-But it was totally optional” No it was not, skills got stronger, you got access to more weapons/armors and good luck having “best in slot” gear with a pvp character back when prophecies was released.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Pariah.8506

You never played GW1

So what korean grinder did you play? Because this had to be a really good one, I have yet to see a korea grinder with the same amount of content/voice acting/updates

If you played GW1, why do you complain about grind? This game was grindy as hell. “B-But it was totally optional” No it was not, skills got stronger, you got access to more weapons/armors and good luck having “best in slot” gear with a pvp character back when prophecies was released.

Yeah, GW1 sure was grindy as hell.
Man I remember how people got run to Droknar’s forge for BiS gear, just like that in an instant, that’s grindy, right?
You also seem to remember people playing the game before the rank dependant skills came out, they somehow played it back then, didn’t they?
Oh and FYI by the time you got to the quest where you’d acquire a skill you’d already be at least R3, if you explored the area some to unlock the outposts / advance the story more you’d be R4 and those skills were already capped at R5.

Stop trying to be apologetic about this game’s grind by casting a skewered vision on its predecessor.

kokiman.2364

You never played GW1

Man I remember how people got run to Droknar’s forge for BiS gear, just like that in an instant, that’s grindy, right?
You also seem to remember people playing the game before the rank dependant skills came out, they somehow played it back then, didn’t they?
Oh and FYI by the time you got to the quest where you’d acquire a skill you’d already be at least R3, if you explored the area some to unlock the outposts / advance the story more you’d be R4 and those skills were already capped at R5.

Stop trying to be apologetic about this game’s grind by casting a skewered vision on its predecessor.

Yeah the superior Rune of Health was quiet expensive. The r9 15^50 health weapon was pretty easy to obtain from the collector but getting that +30 health was another huge amount of money you had to spend.

SS/LB skills weren’t capped at R5 same goes for Kurzick/Luxon skills and the EotN ones.

GuildWars 2

cesmode.4257

Or maybe Maplestory, to remind yourself what grinding is. Because there’s no grind in GW2. At all. Seriously. People who say there’s any kind of grind in gw2 is deluded.

Theres no grind in a game like WoW then either, is there? You dont need BiS raid gear for any part of the game other than raiding. Much like GW2 where you don’t need ascended gear for anything other than fractals. Am i right?

Pariah.8506

You never played GW1

Yeah the superior Rune of Health was quiet expensive. The r9 15^50 health weapon was pretty easy to obtain from the collector but getting that +30 health was another huge amount of money you had to spend.

SS/LB skills weren’t capped at R5 same goes for Kurzick/Luxon skills and the EotN ones.

The Superior Rune of Health could be afforded by pretty much everyone, not to mention it was only expensive for perfectionism’s sake, 9hp wasn’t going to save your life and the only ones that really needed it were the tanks.

Sorry to tell you that the EotN skills were in fact capped at r5, and the Kurzick-Luxon ones at r6, not to mention anyone that had actively participated in Factions content had r6 way before they came out, as the PvE Kurz / Lux skills came out waay after Factions.

Sunspear Skills? Capped at r5 as well. Out of the mere 2 Lightbinger skills we had one was capped at r4 while only the other had 8 tiers of improvement as you described to how many Servant of Abaddon it affected.

+30 inscription? 6-4k, depending on how impatient you were. If you are calling ~5k a lot of in game currency in GW1 then I really must ask you if you actually played the game or watched some Let’s Plays of it.

Once again, stop trying to make amends by providing false info.

(edited by Pariah.8506)

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Theres no grind in a game like WoW then either, is there? You dont need BiS raid gear for any part of the game other than raiding. Much like GW2 where you don’t need ascended gear for anything other than fractals. Am i right?

What? If you play naturally for 1 or 2 months you’ll naturally get the mats to craft a piece of ascended gear. If you “grind” for it (i.e. do a few dungeons and buy the mats), you can get an entire set in that time period. Not quite sure how that constitutes a grind. It’s about the same amount of time it takes to level a character up to max level from scratch, without crafting or doing champ trains.

I don’t even do fractals so I don’t know how much ascended gear helps there.

In WoW, you need BiS gear to do anything, whether it’s PvP, raiding or just general PvE. Otherwise you fall behind everyone else and can’t compete for mobs and resource nodes. That’s not the case in gw2. The only things that slightly resemble grinding in gw2 are dungeon farming and champ training. Both are highly optional.

Also, try playing Maplestory for a month, then tell me GW2 has grind. Seriously. That game has decent action based combat, but oh my god the grind!

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

cesmode.4257

What? If you play naturally for 1 or 2 months you’ll naturally get the mats to craft a piece of ascended gear. If you “grind” for it (i.e. do a few dungeons and buy the mats), you can get an entire set in that time period. Not quite sure how that constitutes a grind. It’s about the same amount of time it takes to level a character up to max level from scratch, without crafting or doing champ trains.

In WoW, you need BiS gear to do anything, whether it’s PvP, raiding or just general PvE. Otherwise you fall behind everyone else and can’t compete for mobs and resource nodes. That’s not the case in gw2. The only things that slightly resemble grinding in gw2 are dungeon farming and champ training. Both are highly optional.

Also, try playing Maplestory for a month, then tell me GW2 has grind. Seriously. That game has decent action based combat, but oh my god the grind!

So..you need BiS gear to do anything in WoW? Like run a simple 5 man dungeon? Are you sure you played WoW? You don’t need BiS gear to do..ANYTHING in WoW other than raid. You can run a 5 man normal or heroic in blues. You can do dallies in greens and blues. You can do PvP/battlegrounds with any gear you want.

Raiding is the only place in WoW that has a gear requirement.

And yes, you NEED ascended gear for fractals. Ascended gear has the only Agony Resist infusion slots in the game. You need agony resist in order to mitigate the Agony mechanic in fractals. At the start of the bonus fractal, upon entering the fight there is now an agony check that will drop you in 5 seconds if you dont have proper agony resist. You NEED it. the agony check is there to weed out people that are just tagging along for the ride and when they go down before the fight even begins, the group knows that the person doesnt have enough agony resist for the fight. <— Not even opinion…fact. If you are in my fractal group, and the agony check drops you I will vote to kick you from the group because if you dont have enough AR to mitigate agony, you are a complete 100% detriment to the group.

Also… to your other point about running a few dungeons and buying the mats for ascended gear..this will still net you nothing. You NEED to do temple runs, world bosses to get enough dragonite ore.

(edited by cesmode.4257)

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

All MMOs provide a lot of game time for each $ spent but eventually players need more content. Players always devour content faster than developers can create it. So nothing new in GW2. At least there is always a fortnightly living story.

Kevan.8912

What? If you play naturally for 1 or 2 months you’ll naturally get the mats to craft a piece of ascended gear. If you “grind” for it (i.e. do a few dungeons and buy the mats), you can get an entire set in that time period. Not quite sure how that constitutes a grind.

that’s a grind, just call it as you prefer.
we’ve already discussed about grinding, BiS, manifesto, angry players, et cetera.
if you don’t hate it, good for you.
it remains the same.

again, that “grind-grindier-grindiest”competition.
wow…maple story….eq…don’t really need a comparative term.
this is not the point.
we just feel the grind. don’t like it.
and it wasn’t the same at the release time. period.

it’s not fair trying to “teach” us how to force ourselves to like it because it’s better than other games. (and also because anet already imposed it without asking)
-many don’t like it.

some try to teach that all mmo need grinding.
-good. still gw2 is not all mmos’. it’s gw2

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Once again, stop trying to make amends by providing false info.

It had grind issues in places, just not all around. Some of them were nicer than others. The Faction requirement to proceed (10k score just to proceed on either path) was one of the more memorable ones for me. For some others the Sunspear rank parts were considered bad.

(Note, I was somewhat less hampered as I was working Cartography tracks as I played and thus was often over the maximum Sunspear rank for a region. By the way, Cartography? Big grind and one of the more annoying ones.)

The thing is, a lot of that grind was in places where it didn’t matter to just play the game. It was unnecessary to jump in and do something in 90% of the world. Strangely enough, that also applies to Guild Wars 2, though the addition of several layers of extra stuff has obscured it a bit.

Also, and to the point at the top – some people just have grown bored with what’s out there. This is okay, and I don’t mind if they do. I love the game and I barely play it amongst other titles on my computer.

kokiman.2364

The Superior Rune of Health could be afforded by pretty much everyone, not to mention it was only expensive for perfectionism’s sake, 9hp wasn’t going to save your life and the only ones that really needed it were the tanks.

Not sure how everyone could buy a 100k rune back when prophecies came out but hey..

Sorry to tell you that the EotN skills were in fact capped at r5, and the Kurzick-Luxon ones at r6, not to mention anyone that had actively participated in Factions content had r6 way before they came out, as the PvE Kurz / Lux skills came out waay after Factions.

Hm looks like you are right, that update came May 2012 http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Game_updates:May_2012
EotN was released 2007 together with the first set of PvE-only skills that indeed scaled up to max. rank.

+30 inscription? 6-4k, depending on how impatient you were. If you are calling ~5k a lot of in game currency in GW1 then I really must ask you if you actually played the game or watched some Let’s Plays of it.

Guess you started to play the game when all expansions were released :S

I just looked up the prices for certain items when the game was around 1 year old, like GW2, 20/20 upgrade went for 40-50k, +30 HP for 30k (for bow, so not the most popular weapon, I guess)

GuildWars 2

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

This is what you wrote:

Reworded but still pretty much an unwarranted contrast. And it seems you don’t seem to get what the OP is saying either. The method by which ascended is acquired, its timing and intervals in being introduced, its (lack of) significance to the game in general, you seem to miss (or just selectively ignored) those points. But yea, you always were fond of using fallacies to defend Anet instead of properly addressing the validity of arguments. (deliberate ad hominem)

Just noticed that the OP changed the title of the thread. Perhaps now you’d understand his post a bit better? Ascended (or a new tier) begs for new content for it to be relevant/worthwhile, otherwise it just seems like a poor gimmick to make players stick a bit longer.

Moderators changed the title from ‘Stopped caring.’ to ‘New content required.’ I changed to again to some thing more exact as it probably needed it.

But you’re right. It’s not that I’m bored per say.

It’s that I’m tired. Tired of doing “new” unwarranted grindy content that is simply a repeat of old content. Tired of trying to keep up with being BiS so I can be optimal gear wise and worry about any lack of performance being skill related instead.

It’s a tremendous task alone to obtain the BiS gear for your main. It is an impossible task to gear all your alts. Adding onto it being no new interesting content. You either have to grind for gold or grind mobs for cloth with insignificant results.

It’s pretty much the straw that backs the camels back. There’s a point you cannot do it any more and lose interest.

Leo Paul.1659

I see, but at least the moderators understand your point, unlike some people. The way to obtain ascended is tired (particularly weapons and armors), forcing you to grind old content all over instead of introducing innovative and fun ways to get them. This is particularly annoying for old players who’ve already done those tasks so many times. It also serves no real purpose at this point, adding NOTHING to the game aside from being a carrot on a stick and only relevant for agony resistance (and wvw to a lesser extent) which isn’t really anything new. The “new” fractals we got are merely rehashed LS stuff.

Ascended items should be more relevant to the game, as it does require quite a bit of effort to acquire. It really needs new content to make them worthwhile. Maybe insert a bit of lore about them and/or a full on quest as a means to get them instead. They could’ve extended the personal story, making ascended equips the rewards after finishing a chapter or something. LS could’ve been a good platform too.

At this point, I think there should be new content that is only accessible by having ascended items, something pertinent to the lore (NOT Scarlet) or to personal story development to keep us interested in them.

Vayne.8563

This is what you wrote:

Saying that I’m using fallacies to defend Anet, is simply wrong. I use opinion where warranted to express my opinion positively and I do use fact to counter people who try to state opinion as fact. Personal attacks shouldn’t be tolerated, and I’m done talking to you. If you don’t have anything to say that’s not personal, don’t say it.

The OP is stating an opinion and that’s what it is. Not everyone agrees with that opinion as can be seen from this thread. I’ve expressed my opinion as I’m free to do so. If you can’t accept that, I’d suggest it’s not my issue.

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

Not true for WoW. Please stop lying.

Posted by: Kapax.3801

Kapax.3801

I started since head start of the game.
I used to log on every day to do the dailies.
I used to care about getting every achievement point I could.
I’ve obtained the commander feature.
I’ve hit 80 on eight characters.
I’ve crafted 5 ascended weapons for my main.
I’ve crafted a legendary for my main.
I’ve reached the top 700 in achievement points.

Then the fractal revamp hit. Then come the ascended armors.

Now I’ve stopped caring. I’m losing interest.

Nah, North Korean grinder xD

Leo Paul.1659

This is what you wrote:

Saying that I’m using fallacies to defend Anet, is simply wrong. I use opinion where warranted to express my opinion positively and I do use fact to counter people who try to state opinion as fact. Personal attacks shouldn’t be tolerated, and I’m done talking to you. If you don’t have anything to say that’s not personal, don’t say it.

The OP is stating an opinion and that’s what it is. Not everyone agrees with that opinion as can be seen from this thread. I’ve expressed my opinion as I’m free to do so. If you can’t accept that, I’d suggest it’s not my issue.

My post never warranted YOUR opinion, yet you still provided one with warped quantificational logic to detract from the validity of mine. If you do not want me to respond to you personally, then don’t respond to my posts with fallacious attempts. I’ve already called you out on your cheap passive aggressive tactics to detract from what the topic really is instead of addressing the merits before and will continue do so as I see fit. BTW, I can see your herring. It’s red.

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

To OP if the game become boring then dont log in no one’s forcing you to. Play another game then come back if you feel to. If you think that the has become a Korean grind fest then the game is not for you anymore….