Is the monthly too hard?

Is the monthly too hard?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lordozone.9167

lordozone.9167

I don’t think so. 100% complete!

Now to complete it on my second account!

Attachments:

Commander Yvette Doombringer – 80 Thief
Sea of Sorrows
Event Farming Guide —> facebook.com/GW2EventZergGuide

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: BlackWolf.8605

BlackWolf.8605

im all but 40 events done :/ cant see why people have an issue

Wolves of The Abyss [Wolf]

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: lordozone.9167

lordozone.9167

I know right. People have been complaining left and right. certainly a lot eaier than the months with WvW kills and such.

Commander Yvette Doombringer – 80 Thief
Sea of Sorrows
Event Farming Guide —> facebook.com/GW2EventZergGuide

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

Well, I don’t pvp so it’s out of reach for me. Not complaining, it’s my choice.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Already done. WvWvW seems to give a plethora of salvage trophies.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: IamALie.8190

IamALie.8190

This is one of the easier monthlies imo, no idea why people are complaining. Before there was WvW kills and Fractal Frequenter. Fractals required 7 while dungeons now is 5. The daily requirement is ridiculously easy as well and salvages come naturally as you play (well I guess that may be only for me since I salvage a lot).

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Craziplaya.2103

Craziplaya.2103

No PvP needed…

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

No PvP needed…

Oh? Is WvW not PvP then?

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

No PvP needed…

Oh? Is WvW not PvP then?

There’s a screenshot of the kittening monthlys at the top of the thread that plainly shows no WvW and you still complain about it requiring WvW. What.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Falcon Night.4653

Falcon Night.4653

Finally. No PvP needed.
I actually have a hope of getting this monthly.
WvW should go under the Monthly PvP tab.
And no I do not find it hard. Although 500 items to salvage is a pain but not a royal one and it is a monthly so you have a month to do it.

These are not the droid you are looking for, move along… → ESO, FireFall, NW :)

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

No, it’s not but people complains because they get rewarded for doing something they don’t enjoy. I don’t like grinding so dungeons are everything I don’t want to do in a game, it doesn’t matter if they are really easy (I just did AC for first time ever today and I ended being really good at it).
What I don’t understand is why people get mad when people get mad or why people must reply every single complaining with a complain or start a new complain of people who complain about the monthly.
Seriously, most people don’t care if anyone is good enough to finish the monthly in 5 seconds or less, they just don’t like the monthly and all complains are addressed to Anet in hopes of a change and maybe get rewarded for doing what they really like to do.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

But the pvp tab is for spvp, that’s a horrible idea. And you can’t give a wvw tab because it would have to give pve rewards and then a bunch of plebs would rush in to wvw and throw for their server because of the rewards.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Turkman.1089

Turkman.1089

im all but 40 events done :/ cant see why people have an issue

Probably they are complaining because yet again the monthly “forces” them to do things they don’t want to do. I don’t care for most of the monthly, the use of the kits and everything I’ll get in time, but the dungeon part is something that frustrates me. I find PVE dungeons pretty boring. I’ve only finished one of the previous monthlies (the first one), because I despise having to participate in content I find boring (seasonal stuff and dungeons). But then it was fine, because there was no reward of any interest to me. But now that’s different.

Why should I have to suffer through 5 dungeons just to finish the monthly, if I want to get my ascended gear for WvW asap. And it’s not about the difficulty of dungeons. Because they are easy. I had never been in fractals before, when last week a guildy asked for help with their fractal 10 daily. We were two lvl 11 and three lvl 1 fractal characters and finished it without problems, even though most had no agony res. They are pretty easy at these lower lvls, so that’s not the issue I’m having. It’s just that I dislike dungeons (and not just in GW2). PVE is so plain and boring. Once somebody tells you what you have to do for boss x, it’s just an execution.
I thought, the whole goal of this laurel thing was that fans of all available playstyles could finally work towards the best in slot gear.

I’m not yet sure, whether I’ll swallow it and do the dungeons (I think every single fractal counts as one dungeon, so I could get an even one and do it in one wash-up, is that right?) or just boycot it.

Abaddon’s Mouth
Renth/Eirik
[DP] Diamond Pirates

(edited by Turkman.1089)

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Meowwilson.5106

Meowwilson.5106

Yeah, my monthlies are done already too.. i didnt even do anything i don’t normally do. I always have salvaged everything. In the last patch they did a large amount of updates to all the dungeons making some dungeons very very easy, some so much so that i didn’t even enjoy them as much as i used to. The developers did a lot and putting that into monthlies is just to give people some extra motivation to go on and try them out again(or for once) check out their hard work for you. but yeah, people still complain.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

No, it’s not but people complains because they get rewarded for doing something they don’t enjoy. I don’t like grinding so dungeons are everything I don’t want to do in a game, it doesn’t matter if they are really easy (I just did AC for first time ever today and I ended being really good at it).
What I don’t understand is why people get mad when people get mad or why people must reply every single complaining with a complain or start a new complain of people who complain about the monthly.
Seriously, most people don’t care if anyone is good enough to finish the monthly in 5 seconds or less, they just don’t like the monthly and all complains are addressed to Anet in hopes of a change and maybe get rewarded for doing what they really like to do.

You are complaining that people are complaining about people that complain about something in the game that they feel they need to complain about?
Why so serious?!

Joking aside however… This months Achievement is the first different one we have seen. Like the Daily Achievement, it’s likely it will change from month to month. Also like the Daily Achievement, there will very likely be some that you will like, and some you wont.
That being said… Is it really, absolutely going to kill you to do 5 Dungeon runs over the course of a month?

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Is the monthly too hard?

Turkman.1089

That being said… Is it really, absolutely going to kill you to do 5 Dungeon runs over the course of a month?

Probably not, but 5 dungeons a month are one more than I’ve done in the whole existence of GW2 (AC & CM (plus one failed CM explo attempt in week one with no one being above lvl 50) story in week one; Fraktal 10 and Fraktal 5 last week).

I know that I could be done with it in an hour or so, if I did fractals, because each of the minidungeons seems to count as one dungeon finished. It’s not the time it would need that bothers me, it’s just that I would have to do something that I wouldn’t normally do.

As you can probably see from my dungeon history above, PVE is not my favourite part of the game. I’ve played PVE till ~lvl 40 and since then only WvW. I’ve been lvl 80 since months and have 30% map completion. I don’t do PVE! Not other than a bit map completion when levelling a new toon, so that he has at least a few utility skills for WvW.

It’s not about the monthly being too hard. I haven’t played a lot but have made quite significant progress in all categories but the dungeon one, where there’s still a glaring 0. I just don’t get, why they always put things into the monthly that force you to play in a special way.
The first monthly ever in the game was quite good for me (the only one I actually did finish). Probably the hardest thing about that was the requirement to get a few 100k xp without dieing. But you could get that done in every part of the game, be it dungeons, map pve or WvW. But afterwards it was always about some seasonal stuff or dungeons…

Abaddon’s Mouth
Renth/Eirik
[DP] Diamond Pirates

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

It’s the fifth, and I’ve got all my monthly done except for just a few more salvages.

People are so friggin lazy and entitled.

Thanks Obama!

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Maybe just maybe people are sick and tired to do more dungeons like they have the last 3 months in a row.

Did you ever think that people dont like Dungeons? and that ANET is constantly promoting this a dungeon grinding game where it is the only way to get the best gear and now the fast way with laurels have had enough of it?

Ya I am so entitled that I want it all give me my legendary now and all that gold and everything else. kitten idiots – it was marketed as play your way – NO play their way in the dungeon or dont get loot or gear.

Clean your ears and eyes and and use critical thinking for once instead of accepting everything you are told.
3 months in a row where I dont finish my monthly cause of forced dungeons is bad programing and developing plain and simple.

(edited by Narkosys.5173)

Is the monthly too hard?

Chickenshoes.6250

You don’t need to do dungeons to get laurels

Nice try guy

If you put in less effort you get less. That’s nobody’s fault but your own.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I have 100% except for dungeons. Exact duplicate of every monthly since they required dungeons. Before I didn’t really care, now it only stings since I’ll miss the laurels.

So far I have had the uninterupted time to run 1 path of 1 dungeon. Yay!
It just won’t be happening for me since I can’t run a full dungeon path. It’s a real shame too because I enjoyed the AC dungeon path with the Lovers immensely. I just can’t be unfair to the guildies or pug group that I join when I have to go AFK. Little and big kids need help at the darndest times.

On the brighter side, I’ve heard that Anet will implement choices in the future.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: tic.7425

tic.7425

Who said it was hard?

Its borderline mindless.

I just would prefer if it didn’t include dungeons (whats seems) every month, or at least allow me to get it through WvW.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Wayland.3528

Wayland.3528

Finished my monthly last night. I am glad they put the dungeons in, it was an area I was a little intimadated by. I have enjoyed exploring them and look to do them some more.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Iris.5918

Iris.5918

My only concern is that I have to salvage more items in just one month then I did in 5 whole months. Buying salvage kits to salvage an item I could sell mean a big monetary loss for me.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

My only concern is that I have to salvage more items in just one month then I did in 5 whole months. Buying salvage kits to salvage an item I could sell mean a big monetary loss for me.

Or you sell them and buy white items for vendor price + 1 copper on the TP in return? Still a bit of a monetary loss, but not as big anymore.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Rei.2610

Rei.2610

I don’t do dungeons so I haven’t completed a monthly since like September.

I gave up on ever crafting a Legendary. Best decision ever.

Is the monthly too hard?

Chickenshoes.6250

Low-level heart vendors and cultural weapon dealers sell crude salvage kits for 28 karma a piece.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

People are complaining? What?

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

I think the requirements look OK and expect to finish them this month. I tend to play for an hour or so a night and that will be enough, easily.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Deroy.2457

Deroy.2457

Any complaints towards the monthly and daily achievements are and were unwarranted.
Hell, they were pretty much perfect before the patch, now it seems a bit too easy and rewards players who simply don’t deserve completion to begin with.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

I finished it yesterday too. It is easy. I didn’t have a chance to look but I must have received 12 laurels for it. cuz I have 17 laurels and I have only completed 5 dailies.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

(edited by Ruprect.7260)

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

50 WvW kills was always done for me in less than a hour, and even if you aren’t into WvW, it isn’t really that big of a deal to jump in for 1h total over the course of a month.

Fractals as well. I absolutely hate doing fractals, but a one night Fractal session, and that monthly part was done.

It’s really a joke what people find to complain about.

Now 100 events is done in 2 days maximum. 5 Dungeons can be done in 1 or 2 nights. The salvages can be bought for about one and a half gold, and the dailys, well, they only required you to play bit over the course of 5 days.

Now it’s the 5. of Feb. and I’m done with my monthly and i got a third of my first ascended.

The only issue here, and where i would understand complains, is that the monthly is way to easy, and the reward, while fit for this “weekly”, to low for a monthly.

Now there’s no way left for me to get ascended gear for the next 23 days except dailys, or grinding tru fractals.

I would much rather have a monthly that actually takes nearly a month to complete instead of 5 days, with a reward reflecting that effort (30 Laurels at least), or having multiple Tiers in the monthly with the rewards devided between them (could be just the current monthly * 3, each rewarding 10 Laurels etc.).

That way there would be always something to work on, without gimping casual players compared to the current system, fixing the huge goal (and reward) gap between now and the next month, in which we simply can’t work for our ascended gear except the very limited daily progression and fractals grind, which not many are fans of.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Probably not, but 5 dungeons a month are one more than I’ve done in the whole existence of GW2 (AC & CM (plus one failed CM explo attempt in week one with no one being above lvl 50) story in week one; Fraktal 10 and Fraktal 5 last week).

I know that I could be done with it in an hour or so, if I did fractals, because each of the minidungeons seems to count as one dungeon finished. It’s not the time it would need that bothers me, it’s just that I would have to do something that I wouldn’t normally do.

As you can probably see from my dungeon history above, PVE is not my favourite part of the game. I’ve played PVE till ~lvl 40 and since then only WvW. I’ve been lvl 80 since months and have 30% map completion. I don’t do PVE! Not other than a bit map completion when levelling a new toon, so that he has at least a few utility skills for WvW.

It’s not about the monthly being too hard. I haven’t played a lot but have made quite significant progress in all categories but the dungeon one, where there’s still a glaring 0. I just don’t get, why they always put things into the monthly that force you to play in a special way.
The first monthly ever in the game was quite good for me (the only one I actually did finish). Probably the hardest thing about that was the requirement to get a few 100k xp without dieing. But you could get that done in every part of the game, be it dungeons, map pve or WvW. But afterwards it was always about some seasonal stuff or dungeons…

Then why do you even care about completing the monthly? Just keep on doing WvWvW like you currently do…

Is the monthly too hard?

Yaki.9563

Any complaints towards the monthly and daily achievements are and were unwarranted.
Hell, they were pretty much perfect before the patch, now it seems a bit too easy and rewards players who simply don’t deserve completion to begin with.

They weren’t perfect because the fractal requirement restricted it to lvl 80’s geared enough to do fractals, meaning any newish player who didn’t play 15 hours a day wasn’t going to get the monthly done for a couple months in a row.

Is the monthly too hard?

Yaki.9563

It’s the fifth, and I’ve got all my monthly done except for just a few more salvages.

People are so friggin lazy and entitled.

Thanks Obama!

I know, all the investment bankers playing this game ruining it for us hard working republicans…oh wait.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Just need to finish the salvaging, another couple days and that’ll be done.

I have to admit… laurels being added is actually getting me to focus on daily and monthly achievements where before I really didn’t. If I hit one, great, if not I didn’t sweat it. I like the changes.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Is the monthly too hard?

Deroy.2457

They weren’t perfect because the fractal requirement restricted it to lvl 80’s geared enough to do fractals, meaning any newish player who didn’t play 15 hours a day wasn’t going to get the monthly done for a couple months in a row.

Fractals 1-9 are easy as cake and can be pretty much done with characters of any level and any quality of gear. The belief that you somehow need a level 80 geared out in exotics to do fractals (or any explorable dungeons, for that matter) is completely bogus.

Me and my friends have three-manned fractals on our level 20-40~ alts.
So I know this is in matter of fact and personal experience.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

Fractals 1-9 are easy as cake and can be pretty much done with characters of any level and any quality of gear. The belief that you somehow need a level 80 geared out in exotics to do fractals (or any explorable dungeons, for that matter) is completely bogus.

Me and my friends have three-manned fractals on our level 20-40~ alts.
So I know this is in matter of fact and personal experience.

Yea, I am not a huge fan of fractals but they are fun enough. Our guild would just do a frac 1 and 2 run once a month, it took about an hour to complete. Boom 7 fractals done. I agree you could take any level in frac 1-5 easily, they are upleveled to 80 and they are sooooo easy.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

I’m just missing a couple of dungeons now and it’s, what? — the 5th of the month.

Much too hard.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

lol @ chat in screenshot.

Is the monthly too hard?

Deroy.2457

Should be renamed “Weekly”.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Got my monthly same time as my daily last night. Easiest monthly yet, though I missed the first couple of months.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

Should be renamed “Weekly”.

To be fair, those of us who have it already, or are on the cusp, probably play a lot more than the average player. My buddy plays about three hours a night, five nights a week and ain’t anywhere close to finishing.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

lol @ the chat. “You’re face is on my d…”

Gratz on the completion.

RIP in peace Robert

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Easiest monthly yet.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Is the monthly too hard?

Turkman.1089

Then why do you even care about completing the monthly? Just keep on doing WvWvW like you currently do…

Well, it’s about the rewards. I want best in slot gear asap and that means that I need to finish the monthly, because it grants 10 laurels, or so I’ve read.

Again, I’m not complaining about the difficulty about finishing it. It is definitely not difficult. The few dungeons, I participated in, were faceroll easy, if you have 1 single person who has done it before and is able to tell you the tactic (=this is also the reason why most PVPers don’t like PVE…it’s just boring…)

I just don’t get all those people, who think that those complaining about being “forced” to do dungeons want something for free. As if WvW or anything else wasn’t equally “difficult” content (mind you, I’m using the word difficult sarcastically, because MMO and difficult are two words that shouldn’t be used in the same sentence, other than “MMO’s aren’t difficult!”).

I’m complaining that the requirements are not equally fair for everybody. I’m complaining about the fact that this monthly, like most before, require some of us to go out of their way, to finish them, while some of you may find that these are things you would’ve done anyway. Those who participate in dungeons by default, don’t have a problem with this monthly. Those, who participate in all the different ways to play this game, won’t have a problem either. Again, it’s only the pure WvW players that, for some reason that is really beyond me, are forced to do something they wouldn’t do anyway, to get that monthly. If it would be that way for all players that they would have to do something they wouldn’t normally do, I would have no reason to complain. But as it stands it is, and was with most of the latest monthlies, always the case that it’s the WvW players who are forced to do something they wouldn’t have done otherwise. And it is just this ongoing inequality that frustrates me.

Also: When I read some of the comments here seeing people belittleing others, just because they don’t favour their own dogmatic approach to MMOs, where every endgame must include dungeons, and thus jump to the conclusion that they are just whiners who want everything for free, I really don’t know whether I should laugh or cry about so much stupidity. Every dungeon player gets this monthly basically for free, because he gets it while doing everything he would do anyway. Every WvW player doesn’t. And that’s a fact and also unfair. And how anybody can’t get this logic, is really beyond me.

Abaddon’s Mouth
Renth/Eirik
[DP] Diamond Pirates

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: galimx.8907

galimx.8907

Yes, very easy i agree. Its the start of february and i already completed it. Dunno why people are braging about it.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

Again, it’s only the pure WvW players that, for some reason that is really beyond me, are forced to do something they wouldn’t do anyway, to get that monthly. If it would be that way for all players that they would have to do something they wouldn’t normally do, I would have no reason to complain. But as it stands it is, and was with most of the latest monthlies, always the case that it’s the WvW players who are forced to do something they wouldn’t have done otherwise. And it is just this ongoing inequality that frustrates me.

While I understand your concerns, this part is just not true. Previous monthlies often (if not all) had WvW kills as a part of them. People “were forced” to go into WvW for those if they wanted to finish the monthly. Not everyone has WvW as part of their playstyle. Many never finished the monthly for this reason. So while you have those concerns, they are not limited to WvW players.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

This was the easiest monthly compared to the previous ones we had. I’m already at 53% completion without even trying or forcing myself to complete it.

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Saxon.1908

Saxon.1908

Finally. No PvP needed.
I actually have a hope of getting this monthly.

WvW is not just PVP in a different pair of pants. It is possible to spend hours in there without fighting another player- and still accomplishing something. In fact it is Very possible to get most or all of your Daily complete in the WvW maps BECAUSE it is a mix of PVE and PVP.
The Reason it;s not in the PVP monthly is because it more closely resembles PVE. There’s no MVP stats, gathers, Veteran Guards (ok 1 or 2 exceptions to that one) or variety of creatures in the PVP maps.

Is the monthly too hard?

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

It’s not too hard, but I think if you do your daily every day for a month, then that should give you your monthly. Not add extra stuff in for the monthly.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.