It's been done now leave thanks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I don’t want end-game anymore, I want more stuff. Two years and now we have dry, tasteless Living Story about two lesbians worrying more about each other than about Tyria.

…not only does that sound INCREDIBLY bigoted, but I don’t even know what the hell you’re talking about. Are you even PLAYING the living story?

Also, I’m not the OP. My post was in reply to the ORIGINAL poster, who has since deleted his comment. So… yeah. Go ahead and step right in here, late to the discussion, and make assumptions about everything you missed over the last week.

The discussion has moved on FAR past these first comments. Either catch up to what is being discussed now, or just leave the old stuff drop. This comment is no longer relevant.

There wasn’t anything bigoted about that statement. The living story does spend a lot of time focusing on the Marjory and Kasmeer end of things. I guess you don’t know but they are lesbians.

But the fact that they are lesbians, in theory, should have nothing to do with your complaint. Certainly there’s little to complain about about their relationship being more important than Tyria.

At the very least your comment makes it feel like a heterosexual couple wouldn’t have received the same treatment.

Stating they are lesbians isnt really bigotted, it could be, but we cant really tell just from that. Because in the sentence its just a description.

But as far as them talking during the missions, its pretty annoying, because i dont care, it has nothing to do with me. Im not saying they shouldnt have discussions, but generally they are designed to be in the way of whatever is happening. Often unskippable. I think they should put most of this as optional side story stuff you have to actively engage in. I can understand them telling each other this stuff, but why do i have to listen to it public. Most people would tell their friends with this type of behavior irl to stop having big personal conversation material in the group setting.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I don’t want end-game anymore, I want more stuff. Two years and now we have dry, tasteless Living Story about two lesbians worrying more about each other than about Tyria.

…not only does that sound INCREDIBLY bigoted, but I don’t even know what the hell you’re talking about. Are you even PLAYING the living story?

Also, I’m not the OP. My post was in reply to the ORIGINAL poster, who has since deleted his comment. So… yeah. Go ahead and step right in here, late to the discussion, and make assumptions about everything you missed over the last week.

The discussion has moved on FAR past these first comments. Either catch up to what is being discussed now, or just leave the old stuff drop. This comment is no longer relevant.

There wasn’t anything bigoted about that statement. The living story does spend a lot of time focusing on the Marjory and Kasmeer end of things. I guess you don’t know but they are lesbians.

But the fact that they are lesbians, in theory, should have nothing to do with your complaint. Certainly there’s little to complain about about their relationship being more important than Tyria.

At the very least your comment makes it feel like a heterosexual couple wouldn’t have received the same treatment.

Stating they are lesbians isnt really bigotted, it could be, but we cant really tell just from that. Because in the sentence its just a description.

But as far as them talking during the missions, its pretty annoying, because i dont care, it has nothing to do with me. Im not saying they shouldnt have discussions, but generally they are designed to be in the way of whatever is happening. Often unskippable. I think they should put most of this as optional side story stuff you have to actively engage in. I can understand them telling each other this stuff, but why do i have to listen to it public. Most people would tell their friends with this type of behavior irl to stop having big personal conversation material in the group setting.

Agreed, the cutesy story/discussion could be eliminated and i’d be totally fine with that. It’s fine that they have a relationship (are lovers and what not) and it was actually ok, but the one-liners and the really low level insights make me not give a kitten.

I do like Taimi however, i know she is hit or miss on the annoying level, but i dig her moxie even with her fragility. I do like Brahm too, even if he is on the level of Shaggy in a Scooby-doo episode.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Spiderbite.8049

Spiderbite.8049

A new class.

A new playable race.

Not until they rollback the september “F Pack”

“No, I don’t.”

Posted by: Varakkys.2490

Varakkys.2490

Anet – Your Largest Playerbase are Explorers.

Where on earth do you get this information from?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Strangely enough, there was a poll on reddit which put the explorer population just over the dungeon running population. But I wouldn’t call that conclusive by any means.

Posted by: Varakkys.2490

Varakkys.2490

Strangely enough, there was a poll on reddit which put the explorer population just over the dungeon running population. But I wouldn’t call that conclusive by any means.

Indeed. Extrapolating facts to represent a few hundred thousand from a (biased) sample of, what, a couple of dozen? Totally legit

Vayne.8563

Indeed. Extrapolating facts to represent a few hundred thousand from a (biased) sample of, what, a couple of dozen? Totally legit

But you see, I believe (though can’t prove) that explorers make up a significant portion of the player base. This is my reasoning.

We know from polls that most people PvE in this game over WvW and PvP. And it stands to reason more PvPers by percentage would look at the forums than PvEer’s except the more hard core PvEers.

So it’s been in a bunch of polls and generally in those polls about 2/3rds of the population probably PvE on the average.

Then you have two types of PvE (not counting RP which is quite niche). Open world PvE and dungeons.

There are almost as many people doing dungeons in polls as there are open world PvEing. However, dungeon runners, in my opinion, would be more likely to use forums. A whole lot of people, we know from experience, solo these games and never group. Other devs have spoken about this, one of them, Scott Hartman of Trion even went as far to say (and I’m paraphrasing here) that a developer ignores the solo gamer population in an MMO at its own peril. And even the Guild Wars 2 FAQ before launch had questions about whether you could solo the game or not.

So if more soloers aren’t likely to be reading forums (and other casual players who just jump in and kill stuff) it would seem like the open world stuff would have an edge in demographic. How much of an edge, I can’t say.

Posted by: Snow White.1842

Snow White.1842

I read enough of the first page of this thread to see the direction. I don’t really care if I’m repeating anything.

The LS (to me) seems like an excuse to add very thin “content” over mostly already existing areas. Npc text covers any pretense for being “where ever” doing “what ever”. Drytop (as an area) is tiny. If dropped as a dlc without the LS, players would be saying, “Wtf? Where is the rest?”. As it stands the mentally feeble fall into the LS like its the greatest thing since in door plumbing. When in fact, its very little and contains a lot of “wheels” for the gerbil player base to run on without any point (or even much of a reward).

Gaining level 5000 in wvw was mentioned as “end game”. Right, gaining endless levels without purpose is a great idea (this is sarcasm), but you might as well work on the wvw titles while you’re at it. Wait a minute…those titles…there is something not quite right here (I’m not even going to bother – these are far too stupid to really go into detail with).

Rank 80 in spvp and tpvp. Generally this WOULD be considered an end game option. Well, if class balance passes happened more than twice a year. I guess randomly adding, changing, or adjusting tool tips could be considered a balance pass, if you hated the game you are working on. Otherwise, maybe fixing existing skills and useless traits might be a better use of time. Just saying, not judging.

Dungeons, yes end game material finally. Well, if you like encounters that make all your control skills useless. Or if you have already ran them hundreds of times (to the point where you can pass out drunk and still be able to do a perfect run). Or if you like being one shotted (for all you masochists out there). After two years the dungeons kind of look like the example they’re using to make the LS “content”.

Before I just drop this post. I really have to ask what is up with this “wvw season”? I remember working for achievements during the last one. This one really sucks, I mean seriously lack luster, like no one actually wanted to do anything with it. Ten minutes in eotm I had my first week pop up completed. I got killed by another player because I was standing there trying to figure out if I was being played or if this was seriously intended. Is this season of wvw supposed to be this lack luster? Is this supposed to kill it off for good? I’m just not sure. What I do know, is that silly little weekly achievement is insulting, and generally seems like I’m being made fun of for even bothering with wvw.

Ok, I’m done. I’ll completely forget about what I’ve posted here and go back to playing it like its a cartoony arcade game. Because its just not going to get any deeper than that, the LS story line shows this to be true.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Before I just drop this post. I really have to ask what is up with this “wvw season”? I remember working for achievements during the last one. This one really sucks, I mean seriously lack luster, like no one actually wanted to do anything with it. Ten minutes in eotm I had my first week pop up completed. I got killed by another player because I was standing there trying to figure out if I was being played or if this was seriously intended. Is this season of wvw supposed to be this lack luster? Is this supposed to kill it off for good? I’m just not sure. What I do know, is that silly little weekly achievement is insulting, and generally seems like I’m being made fun of for even bothering with wvw.

So wait you’d prefer pve players to come to WvW to do achievements and offer nothing to the overall war going on? I’d rather have a full map with people who know how to play in WvW (or people who want to learn) than random PvErs looking to complete some new achievements. The new WvW achievements are great, people should play WvW for WvW itself not some random achievements.

Yes, it’s sad that someone who does a couple of events every week will get the same reward as someone who plays WvW all day, but if they really want a better reward they’d better go to WvW and offer their help.

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

The LS (to me) seems like an excuse to add very thin “content” over mostly already existing areas. Npc text covers any pretense for being “where ever” doing “what ever”. Drytop (as an area) is tiny.

I respectfully disagree. Halfway through season 2 we already got 19 (!) story missions which are more challenging and include longer playtime than any story mission before. It might not be difficult for you personally, but I (can only speak for myself) noticed a significant increase in difficulty which made the missions more tense and more fun to me.

In season 1 people complained about the lack of replayability, not you can do these missions again and again and work on some achievements which demand a bit more than your 0815 first runthrough. The only thing I find underwhelming are the achievement-rewards, a new skin for perfection would have been nice.

Drytop may be not the biggest zone (yet) but it has more stuff going on than on any other map we got before, so I really see no reason to complain. The reward-scheme is a good step in the right direction while I think there may still be flaws (again, mostly uninteresting rewards for geodes except the mats you need for Mawdrey).

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

The LS (to me) seems like an excuse to add very thin “content” over mostly already existing areas. Npc text covers any pretense for being “where ever” doing “what ever”. Drytop (as an area) is tiny.

I respectfully disagree. Halfway through season 2 we already got 19 (!) story missions which are more challenging and include longer playtime than any story mission before. It might not be difficult for you personally, but I (can only speak for myself) noticed a significant increase in difficulty which made the missions more tense and more fun to me.

In season 1 people complained about the lack of replayability, not you can do these missions again and again and work on some achievements which demand a bit more than your 0815 first runthrough. The only thing I find underwhelming are the achievement-rewards, a new skin for perfection would have been nice.

Drytop may be not the biggest zone (yet) but it has more stuff going on than on any other map we got before, so I really see no reason to complain. The reward-scheme is a good step in the right direction while I think there may still be flaws (again, mostly uninteresting rewards for geodes except the mats you need for Mawdrey).

ehh, all those missions make up like what 4 hours playtime? maybe 6? And i’m not talking about leet playing here, im talking about first time see whats going on playing. I dont really think each mission is any longer than each mission in personal story. fairly certain each part is on average 10 min to 30 min which is the same as personal story generally.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

I think the most reasonable thing to do is to extend on what’s already in the game. Dungeons and FotM, make them challenging and fun, world boss events like Teq. and Tri Wurm, add more of such events, add to all of those unique skin drops etc. (decent ones, not couple of super rare fugly ones, like now), implement Dry Top tier and unique skins mechanic to other maps. I think that would be a decent end game in PvE.

With WvW it’s harder imo. Basically the way i see it, to make WvW exciting you need to promote small/medium scale gameplay more (i.e. via redistributing rewards), implement a map rotation, something like how it was in AB in GW1, to give it a sense of progression, that you advance in enemy territory etc., and make maps looks unique. But judging from what devs said in WvW forums all of this is sort of unreal atm and won’t become real even in distant future.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

The game is lacking content, after two plus years it’s as simple as that. Not just the drip feed kind the LS is giving us but a combination of both that and large expansions. If it fails to do so it will become a much smaller niche game with very little real development capitol reinvestment or flip completely into the pay to win style neither is a good thing.
At the end of the day they need to be able to make money and it means satisfying both crowds to stay happy and healthy.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

Yes. you got me. Im bigoted. My brother, who I am very close to, is gay. His very best friend who is like a member of our family is also… gay. I have a couple of gamer friends I hang out with regularly that are…. gay/lesbian. I’m TOTALLY a bigot.

Im not going to go back to the start of Dry Top and count the numerous times Marjorie and what’s-her-face go on about EACH OTHER and not about the current events. I’m not the only one who was sick of seeing it. EVEN IF it were a man and woman couple, I’d say the same thing. I don’t want their love life thrown in my face at every turn instead of progressing the story.

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

[quote=4444652;ShadowDragoonFTW.3418:]

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

Vayne.8563

Yes. you got me. Im bigoted. My brother, who I am very close to, is gay. His very best friend who is like a member of our family is also… gay. I have a couple of gamer friends I hang out with regularly that are…. gay/lesbian. I’m TOTALLY a bigot.

Im not going to go back to the start of Dry Top and count the numerous times Marjorie and what’s-her-face go on about EACH OTHER and not about the current events. I’m not the only one who was sick of seeing it. EVEN IF it were a man and woman couple, I’d say the same thing. I don’t want their love life thrown in my face at every turn instead of progressing the story.

Go on about each other, or express concern for each other.

Marjorie was injured. Kasmeer is concerned for her to be doing too much too soon. Or she’s supporting her when her sister died. I’m not so sure I’ve seen too much that I’d consider “going on” about each other.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

……

I know this SOUNDS like asking to be labeled a “bigot”, but I have to agree with this 100%.

Anyone who doesn’t at least feel a tiny bit like the PC same sex love story is being shoved down our throats a tad much is just not being honest (likely for fear of being singled out as intolerant). I have no problem with a Lesbian couple in the story, but it is being headlined (and WAY overacted) a bit much.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Marjorie was injured. Kasmeer is concerned for her to be doing too much too soon. Or she’s supporting her when her sister died. I’m not so sure I’ve seen too much that I’d consider “going on” about each other.

The time for all that was before going on the mission. Not during. I’m talking about the concern over Marjorie’s injury.

The table is a fable.

Vayne.8563

The time for all that was before going on the mission. Not during. I’m talking about the concern over Marjorie’s injury.

I guess you’re an expert on all feelings. The thing is, you can be out doing something with something and STILL be concerned they’re doing too much. Saying something doesn’t make it true.

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

I would like to put in my two cents since ideas are coming out of the woodwork.

Upon exploring Tyria, I have come across barriers in specific parts of the game in which I believe was intentionally placed by the old Anet team to give the new Anet team some direction when they started expanding.

At some point these gates are going to be lifted, so would it be too hard to ask that next year Anet tries expanding the world as part of the living story? For example, Mordremoth’s reach has become much farther than anticipated and efforts are being done by the Pact to halt it’s advance in maps outside of the ones we currently have.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

But you see, I believe (though can’t prove) that explorers make up a significant portion of the player base. This is my reasoning.

We know from polls that most people PvE in this game over WvW and PvP. And it stands to reason more PvPers by percentage would look at the forums than PvEer’s except the more hard core PvEers.

So it’s been in a bunch of polls and generally in those polls about 2/3rds of the population probably PvE on the average.

Then you have two types of PvE (not counting RP which is quite niche). Open world PvE and dungeons.

There are almost as many people doing dungeons in polls as there are open world PvEing. However, dungeon runners, in my opinion, would be more likely to use forums. A whole lot of people, we know from experience, solo these games and never group. Other devs have spoken about this, one of them, Scott Hartman of Trion even went as far to say (and I’m paraphrasing here) that a developer ignores the solo gamer population in an MMO at its own peril. And even the Guild Wars 2 FAQ before launch had questions about whether you could solo the game or not.

So if more soloers aren’t likely to be reading forums (and other casual players who just jump in and kill stuff) it would seem like the open world stuff would have an edge in demographic. How much of an edge, I can’t say.

If I were a betting man I’d say that the majority of the PVE population is more world event/event farming type people. With the amount of maps spawning for each world event we’re talking hundreds of people throughout the day hitting these things. Though in a way that’s solo because there is no need to group up or be organized outside of 2 of them. And then event farming there’s dozens of people on any given map. However when I start a new character or go map completion I don’t see nearly the population I do with world events or the highly rewarding event farms.

So I wouldn’t say it’s “explorers” I’d say it’s mainly people farming easy cash. Not to say the explorer population is small, just from what I’ve seen the biggest blobs of population are at these quality cash farms.

Tachenon.5270

I guess you’re an expert on all feelings. The thing is, you can be out doing something with something and STILL be concerned they’re doing too much. Saying something doesn’t make it true.

“We need to stay focused here. This whole area is dangerous.” ~ Kasmeer

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Exit.5213

Exit.5213

Anet – Your Largest Playerbase are Explorers

I disagree. Largest playerbase are grinders and farmers. Whether it’s open world or dungeons – easy and profitable (hencefore enjoyable) places are the ones most crowded.

What this game needs is more open world zones like Cursed Shore. Big events, lots of mobs, lots of zerging, lots of loot!

Vayne.8563

You see, Kasmeer isn’t a professional adventurer. She’s a new adventurer. She’s not hardended, she’s learning. So of course she could say something like that, thinking aloud perhaps and then still get distracted when she sees her lover doing something dangerous. In fact, most people aren’t logical beings. They don’t always perform on queue. People in battles and under stress often say stupid stuff, or personal stuff, or emotional stuff or even laugh inappropriately.

So saying that isn’t out of character….nor is worrying about Margie.

Vayne.8563

I disagree. Largest playerbase are grinders and farmers. Whether it’s open world or dungeons – easy and profitable (hencefore enjoyable) places are the ones most crowded.

What this game needs is more open world zones like Cursed Shore. Big events, lots of mobs, lots of zerging, lots of loot!

People always think lots of loot will solve stuff. The only thing lots of loot brings is lots of inflation. Everything goes up in price and your gold is worth less.

Jerus.4350

People always think lots of loot will solve stuff. The only thing lots of loot brings is lots of inflation. Everything goes up in price and your gold is worth less.

Umm.. wouldn’t lots of loot (being items not coin) bring down prices as it increases supply? The only thing that works towards inflation is extra gold in the economy.

Vayne.8563

Umm.. wouldn’t lots of loot (being items not coin) bring down prices as it increases supply? The only thing that works towards inflation is extra gold in the economy.

If the items aren’t worth anything, it’s not lots of loot. Worthless items aren’t what farmers are craving. Farmers are craving valuable items. I’m sure you’ve heard all the two blues and a green jokes.

Tachenon.5270

You see, Kasmeer isn’t a professional adventurer. She’s a new adventurer. She’s not hardended, she’s learning. So of course she could say something like that, thinking aloud perhaps and then still get distracted when she sees her lover doing something dangerous. In fact, most people aren’t logical beings. They don’t always perform on queue. People in battles and under stress often say stupid stuff, or personal stuff, or emotional stuff or even laugh inappropriately.

Who said anything about anyone being out of character?

The table is a fable.

Jerus.4350

If the items aren’t worth anything, it’s not lots of loot. Worthless items aren’t what farmers are craving. Farmers are craving valuable items. I’m sure you’ve heard all the two blues and a green jokes.

it’d take a whole hell of a lot more t6 mats flowing into the market to change them from valuable to the likes of blues/greens. Even these farms they keep nerfing aren’t enough to truly combat the steady price increase we see on them.

And in either case it’d still have NOTHING to do with inflation if we’re talking Loot and not strait coin drops.

Vayne.8563

I don’t know the reason for you putting that particular quote then. It’s a perfectly reasonable thing for her to say, just as it’s perfectly reasonable for her to get distracted if Margarie is in trouble. I’m not seeing a problem here. Presumably you put in that quote for a reason.

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Exactly, she never done that before. So why the heck is she there? She doesn’t belong to the battlefield. She is inappropriate for this situation.
Not to mention that all the dialogues between Marjory and Kasmeer would only be half as bad if the progression wouldn’t completely stop every time someone has something to say.

Vayne.8563

Exactly, she never done that before. So why the heck is she there? She doesn’t belong to the battlefield. She is inappropriate for this situation.
Not to mention that all the dialogues between Marjory and Kasmeer would only be half as bad if the progression wouldn’t completely stop every time someone has something to say.

Frodo wasn’t a hero either. It’s perfectly normal in fantasy for non-heroes to be placed in roles that require heroes. They do one great thing and everything thinks they’re awesome and puts them in dangerous situations. It’s pretty normal for fantasy fiction.

Not everyone is Conan the Barbarian. Some people are Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever, or Bilbo Baggins.

Tachenon.5270

I don’t know the reason for you putting that particular quote then. It’s a perfectly reasonable thing for her to say, just as it’s perfectly reasonable for her to get distracted if Margarie is in trouble. I’m not seeing a problem here. Presumably you put in that quote for a reason.

Yup. To illustrate that she knew better than to carry on like that in such precarious surroundings. My mesmer, as you probably by now don’t recall, was most unhappy with the behavior of those two lovebirds on that mission, and if she had really been the ‘boss’, she would have seen to it that Kasmeer and Marjory never went into the field together ever again.

My ranger, on the other hand, thought it was cute. My other mesmer chalked it up to bookahs being bookahs. My guardian wasn’t particularly happy with it either, but he’s not one to make a fuss. He just kept his eyes and ears open and did his best to take up the slack.

The table is a fable.

Tachenon.5270

Frodo wasn’t a hero either. It’s perfectly normal in fantasy for non-heroes to be placed in roles that require heroes. They do one great thing and everything thinks they’re awesome and puts them in dangerous situations. It’s pretty normal for fantasy fiction.

Not everyone is Conan the Barbarian. Some people are Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever, or Bilbo Baggins.

Or Xander Harris.

Frodo, though, was a lot more hero than the sack of potatoes Peter Jackson portrayed in those awful movies.

“By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair,” said Frodo, with a last effort, “you shall have neither the Ring nor me!”

The table is a fable.

Vayne.8563

Or Xander Harris.

Frodo, though, was a lot more hero than the sack of potatoes Peter Jackson portrayed in those awful movies.

“By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair,” said Frodo, with a last effort, “you shall have neither the Ring nor me!”

Frodo may have been…Bilbo wasn’t…and certainly not at first. Even Frodo was a very reluctant hero in the books at first. And of course, he wasn’t alone. He had Merry and Pippin with him, who weren’t heroic, but were definitely there.

HHR LostProphet.4801

LotR didn’t got carried by Frodo, in fact, most people found Frodo to be the most boring part. Our complete group are all Frodos, they can’t carry the story, yet ANet tries to push them to.

Vayne.8563

LotR didn’t got carried by Frodo, in fact, most people found Frodo to be the most boring part. Our complete group are all Frodos, they can’t carry the story, yet ANet tries to push them to.

Because you’re supposed to be Aragorn. Anet can’t win. If you put a Trahearne in there, people say he’s stealing your thunder. If you put some new adventurers in there that are there only to back you up, then they’re not professional soldiers.

And Frodo did carry a lot of Lord of the Rings, at least the books. There were huge segments devoted to him and Sam.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Spirit Crafter at least has a unique back item called Spirit Smith. Not much so far, but I haven’t discovered some of the other collections. So there’s one new skin for sure, and more kittentainly be added. Of course titles can be shown off too and there are some of those.

Spirit Smith is the only new addition related to the collections. Still, the Dwayna and Guardian collections do set a precedent; I expect more will be added with skins as a reward.

HHR LostProphet.4801

Because you’re supposed to be Aragorn. Anet can’t win. If you put a Trahearne in there, people say he’s stealing your thunder. If you put some new adventurers in there that are there only to back you up, then they’re not professional soldiers.

And Frodo did carry a lot of Lord of the Rings, at least the books. There were huge segments devoted to him and Sam.

Trahearne has problems but not those all claim him to have. The problem with him, in my mind, is that he’s the Dinklebot of GW2.
It would be much more reasonable to ask as commander of the pact for a competent scout squad than traveling with an ex-noble who’s wearing the same dress for all situations, a detective who hasn’t made any money for months now, a norn who should protect his village and work on his legend rather than following us around, a charr who belongs into a warband and an asura kid.

Exit.5213

it’d take a whole hell of a lot more t6 mats flowing into the market to change them from valuable to the likes of blues/greens. Even these farms they keep nerfing aren’t enough to truly combat the steady price increase we see on them.

And in either case it’d still have NOTHING to do with inflation if we’re talking Loot and not strait coin drops.

I agree with Jeyrus. Adding more level 80 areas with enjoyable farming events that provide chance to obtain T6 mats and other widely sought after materials would be healthy for economy, as it would provide a viable endgame alternative to dungeon farming (which is the main cause of inflation) for many players. It would also add longevity and replayability in areas at which Guild Wars 2 excel (dynamic open world events). No longer would a player log in and think “there’s nothing to do for me”.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Certainly there’s little to complain about about their relationship being more important than Tyria.

Sure, there is. They can talk about their feelings for each other all they want, whenever they want – except for when we’re in the middle of a mission. Hoo boy, if my mesmer had really been the ‘boss’ in that situation, those two would still be waiting for their ears to stop burning. She’d have made Gunnery Sergeant Hartman blush.

You mean people in the middle of missions in real life never talk about anything personal? Hell you’ve never watched a war movie where the guys are in a trench talking about home and their loved ones?

Give me a break.

No, sir. No break. They weren’t in a trench. They were smack dab in the middle of unfamiliar territory facing threats known and unknown. Not the appropriate time for relationship chatter.

Go watch Aliens with your favorite adult beverage. Take a drink for every time Hudson says something that should earn him a reprimand. Have another for every time he gets one. You should be blackout drunk by about 100 minutes in.

The point isn’t whether chatter is appropriate. The point is it happens. And btw, you’re in an adventuring company, not a rigorously trained military squadron.

Vayne.8563

Spirit Crafter at least has a unique back item called Spirit Smith. Not much so far, but I haven’t discovered some of the other collections. So there’s one new skin for sure, and more kittentainly be added. Of course titles can be shown off too and there are some of those.

Spirit Smith is the only new addition related to the collections. Still, the Dwayna and Guardian collections do set a precedent; I expect more will be added with skins as a reward.

Are we even sure we know all the collections and rewards, since some are hidden and need to be discovered?

Exit.5213

Are we even sure we know all the collections and rewards, since some are hidden and need to be discovered?

We’re sure because dulfy and wiki both have info about collection achievements that are currently bugged and cannot even be started.

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

But you have to ask yourself, why are they farming?

Presumably, to get gold.

And what does gold get you?

Gear. Gear to go and explore more.

You can play sPvP without ever buying any gear. But to do open world content (or dungeons – which I consider a kind of PvE content) you have to have gear.

Sometimes it’s for additional sets of armor. Sometimes it’s for legendary’s. And sometimes it’s just for skins.

Whatever the specific reason, the farmers/grinders are still doing PvE content so that they can continue doing PvE content.

Or, to put it another way – if more zones were opened that offered those same materials or gold rewards, they’d probably go and farm/grind those areas instead (just because they’re a ‘new’ area to farm/grind).

Or, to put it yet another way – if the game gave you those things (rewards) in sufficient quantities while you were doing whatever else it was that you wanted to do (explore) without having to farm/grind (repeat content) then that’s what you’d be doing.

What I’m getting at is this: farmers/grinders ARE PvE explorers – the one’s who’ve already explored everything, and are now accumulating whatever it is they think they need (gold) to get ready for the next regions to open up for exploration.

No one really, truly likes farming/grinding. The fact that people are doing it is indicative of game design.

What if those people got the same rewards by completing that content one time? Farming/grinding occurs because the game wants you to repeat content – because there simply isn’t enough content to keep everyone busy.

SO, there you have it: grinders/farmers are semi-retired PvE explorers, waiting for the next big thing to come out.

Tachenon.5270

Because you’re supposed to be Aragorn.

Aragorn? Pfft! I’d like to see him try to jump on a shield and slide down some steps or whatever while shooting orcs in the face with his bow! He’d miss and fall off a cliff.

Still, he probably wouldn’t pull a Logan.

Attachments:

The table is a fable.

Jerus.4350

I agree with Jeyrus. Adding more level 80 areas with enjoyable farming events that provide chance to obtain T6 mats and other widely sought after materials would be healthy for economy, as it would provide a viable endgame alternative to dungeon farming (which is the main cause of inflation) for many players. It would also add longevity and replayability in areas at which Guild Wars 2 excel (dynamic open world events). No longer would a player log in and think “there’s nothing to do for me”.

Not even so much new zones, they just need to rework whats there to be less abuseable but also more rewarding to do correctly. Orr gets some use, but look how many people flock to whatever is the most abuseable area, and even that hardly puts a dent in the material market. Give substantial rewards for event completion, remove much of the rewards during the event, and do this around all of tyria. Bump up the rewards to keep the material market in check while also giving people plenty to do. Even sub 80 materials aren’t cheap, the wood and silk could be very worthwhile rewards for lower level zones.

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

They should create a big giant red button at the end of an impossible dungeon..

(The account character interacting with it will be automaticly deleted)

ofcourse Anet should keep what happens when you press this button a secret.

There is your endgame.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Man, wouldn’t it be cool if there were an MMO based in the Lord of the Rings universe that you could play or something? And then, instead of talking about it in the GW2 forums, people could talk about it in that game’s forums. I dunno.

Sometimes the cheesy lines are the memorable lines. If you played GW1, which bits of dialogue do you remember and love? I bet it’s the cheesy ones.

“Scared the fluff out of me.” “Uh huh.” “18 Kasmeers.” These are good, memorable lines. Quotable, even. If I were more invested in the personal story, I’d appreciate them even more. (Why am I not invested? I don’t find achievement point grinding to equal replayability. I tend to do the content once on launch day and do other things until the next patch. These breaks are killing me.)

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

~ Add GvG with leaderboards & tourneys
~ Add permanent, instanced, group content with it’s own unique vendors/tokens/rewards (similar to fractals)
~ Raid sized party’s with UI support for PvE & WvW
~ Let us choose our fractals
~ Get rid of Defiant. Worst mechanic ever, making for the most boring fights ever. Most unique skills that we work to be proficient with, we can’t even use against this mechanic
~ New weapon skills with the ability to arrange them in a preferred order
~ Less outfits, moar armor skins. Or let us piece out outfits for more customization
~ More permanent dungeons
~ Cpl of new WvW maps on a rotation
~ Reworked WvW structure upgrade system
~ Ability to craft siege
~ Rework the Commander system
~ Make everything in the game salvageable
~ Remove or extend limit on Diminishing Returns. This will reduce event exploitation among other problems
~ Introduce destructible things that we can seek out or stumble across & smash for potential goodies

Great Ideas suggested:
~ Home instance reflecting out accomplishments or at least some kind of additional use for home instance other than 45 seconds of collecting and then leaving.
~ Crouch mechanic with maybe crouch ‘walking’ (love this)
~ Much better world completion rewards (which should also somehow be displayed in home instance)
~ Underground exploring levels similar to D&D dungeon crawling

Naz ©

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Hi Gaile!

First, thanks for coming back after your initial post in this thread. I think there has been some valuable discussion here and I’m glad it wasn’t missed. Gathering our input on endgame is a great first step. I hope that discussion comes full circle and we’ll get to hear what direction the company feels is right for the future of the game.

The game has major problems when it comes to producing content. After watching nearly all of my friends leave because there’s not enough new challenging content coming out and hearing similar complaints from other forumers, I don’t see how that is debatable. People who want more than casual LS content are leaving, it’s clear as day.

When we try to give constructive feedback, we’ve been ignored or told “Naaaaaaaaah, everything’s fine.” Now ANet seems to be listening, but it’s a one-way street. We’re telling you what we’re looking for, but we aren’t hearing if our interests align with those of the company.

So rather than some specific suggestions of what I’d like to see added to endgame, I’d love to see ArenaNet take a stance and share their vision for the game’s future; nothing too specific, but what forms of content do you have interest in adding? Will there be more multipath dungeon systems added? Will conditions in PvE get fixed to create actual build diversity? etc etc. These are the things people are being vocal about wanting — if you want to stop hearing the same questions over and over, give us some clear answers =P

Right now…all we can do is guess based on what we see, and I haven’t seen anything challenging added to this game in about a year. That, and I’ve seen a video saying that there’s nothing planned in the near future. So, what does “endgame” mean to ArenaNet? I think that’s a valid question.