January 26th Update: Your feedback

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

Every week I prepare a forum report for management. For while many of us read the forums every day, a once-a-week report is helpful to the various teams as a sort of overview of what’s happened recently and as they consider what might be a focus in the future.

I’d like to ask for some help with this week’s report, because the January 26th build was huge, and it had a lot of components that touched on nearly every part of the game. Because it did, feedback could appear in any of our sub-forums instead of in an overview thread.

So could you share (or re-share) your top reactions to the build in this thread? If you’re posted elsewhere and simply want to repost in this thread, that’s fine. But if you’ve posted a long set of comments and could give the Cliff Notes here — maybe a one-liner for each of your top several thoughts? — that would be marvelous!

I’m asking for your appraisal of the quarterly build: likes, dislikes, etc. I’d like to not veer off into debates about what wasn’t included, or suggestions about what should be coming, but a snapshot, or “This was the dinner, what’s your restaurant review of the meal?”

Thanks so much to those of you who choose to post!

I feel like the patch is ALMOST there, and I mean that in a good way. My berserker feels like a berserker with the mace/sh and sw/t and can hit quite hard, not the best at 1v1s but at least does damage. My chrono is actually decent too, not too OP, but not bad, I would like to see a little bit more versatility in mesmer builds as the scepter trait is ina spot where you have to give up crucial condi traits, these grandmasters are fighting each other like mistrust, DE, malicious sorcery and the blind confusion one.

Necro is very strong, druid is still good, not sure about guardian, I feel like ele needs acces to more healing power to sustain with it’s lackluster healthpool, as I really want to play fresh air effectively. Thief is awesome, can’t say much about rev but I hear it’s inbetween.

Warrior has definately improved in the damage department so I applaud the staff for making condi so much fun! My issue unfortunately lies in the traitlines and the healing skills, I still feel shoehorned into def (but do take strength and berserker now with decent results so its better), the healing skills are what really hurts warrior for me.

There’s been so many times where I’ve taken mending, to the limit, etc. and it was just easily interrupted, to the limit has great healing in itself though. Healing signet is meh, it’s decent, mending is ok but the cast time kinda hurts it too, always get interrupted. Blood reckoning is pretty awful, it sounds good on paper but the initial heal is too low, I’m usually healing because I’m about to die, 3k and less doesn’t cut it and can’t land a hit if I’m weak. I find warrior is at it’s worst when the healing skill is down, they’re very open. They are also struggling against necros, but I think most classes are. Still taking endure pain and berserker stance, which was a good counter to necro but now that its a boon its negated by boon corrupt.

To sum it all up for me :
-Druid, necro and thief are very strong
-Warrior and ele need some help on healing and variety, shoehorned traits and utilities
-mesmer needs more variety in builds

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Warrior rifle

First off, what exactly is the thought-process in removing piercing from most but not ALL skills? A possible aoe effect only a very specific skill doesn’t do anything when that skill has a long cooldown anyway. There is no reason to equip it for aoe damage when only a skill or two can do it, so why leave any? Or why not actually just add piercing to everything so the weapon becomes more viable. You didn’t increase the damage to counter losing piercing. Why?

Secondly, aimed shot making a dodge doesn’t help anything. It’s an extra dodge on a skill you always want to apply anyway, so in some cases the backwards dodge can be harmful like standing next to a cliff. The vulnerability is a must in fights, giving you a reason to not use it is kind of an odd decision.

Third, the adrenaline gain on crackshot is neglible.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: RaemSturm.7812

RaemSturm.7812

Glad to see you asking for Feedback!

First, I play mainly Mesmer, so I could talk about how over the top the 50% nerf to Alacrity is, but I think you heard enough of that. Lets just look at it the other way – would you ever increase the effectiveness of a skill/boon/whatever by a 100%? Because thats what you did, just in reverse. That it affects the whole traitline makes it even worse.

Second, I really like the Shatterer changes. The fight isnt that hard but thats ok. The fight became more interesting (read: Not standing in one spot for 5 min of dps) and I would wish some of the other world bosses would follow. Mostly the lower level ones, but even Karka Queen is just “dps and done”.

Third…..and most important I want to speak about the patch in general. You want to do 4 “big” patches a year? Thats ok. Its something to look forward for, you can collect data over 3 months and then make the game better. That was the idea, right?
The point is…..it just doesnt feel that way. Around 10 little changes per class feel like you just looked at each class for a few minutes, said “Uhm, that seems high, that seems low, change that a little, done. Next class?” I dont want to say that you did it that way, but it just seems so.
Xaylin has addressed this earlier and I will repost his link as well so please look at THIS. I dont want to say that those are the right changes – but that IS how a big patch should look like, for each class on its own. You need to take your time and look at each class closely and identify its flaws – either what needs to be buffed or nerfed.
I know you say that the Anet Team reads in the forums, but perhaps having someone communicate with the players more frequently would help as well. Just having someone in each class forum from the staff who would talk to the players would help immensly. For example pre-HoT in the Revenant-forum – Roy was there and discussing things with the players. That was great and I play Revenant because I thought “Hey, someone from Anet really wants us to like that class. I should try it.” Make that happen for all the classes, please.
These are the official forums after all. If you dont talk to us here we cant really expect you to talk to us at all.

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I also want to add I feel like alacrity does need to be looked into, it’s the main mechanic of chronomancer and I feel it’s underwhelming, if not forgettable. Maybe to balance it out, when wells apply alacrity, it does 66% to yourself, but 33% to outgoing allies?

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Small QoL changes make a big difference in game and being able to set an option to see usable is one of the most appreciated changes in this update for me.

Gliding in Tyria rocks and it’s made that part of the game more enjoyable.

I really enjoyed the new Shatterer battle; that is nice work. It’s fun and engaging. Probably not something that I’ll do everyday, but still a very nice change.

When changes to the game result in changes to guild missions and the guild missions are completely ignored it’s frustrating. The Capture and Hold guild mission is still ranked as an easy mission, but it is no longer feasible with the time limit.

Balance changes for the Revenant were all negative with no attention given to the Legends that are underpowered and need work.

I like lighting firecrackers and having to find them to light. It was small enough to not become frustrating, and just a cool little interlude. Enjoyed it.

The Dragonball arena mechanics need work.

I’ve heard it said that the Norn love to party, but I’ve never seen it in action… Are there no festivals that are based on any of the other races? Everything seems centered on the humans. Do Charr celebrate ANYTHING? I know things are bad for the Sylvari right now, and I can understand they are probably not in a festival kind of mood, but having festivals that are unique to the lore of the game would rock. (Sorry, that’s venturing into suggestion land instead of staying in review land — let me say it this way: I’m tired of all of the festivals being held in either DR or LA and being human-centric).

I haven’t been to WvW much to see the scoring changes and how the new rez rules are playing out, but I like them in theory.

Changing the adventure to make it feasible is much appreciated. There are a few more that could stand some very fine tuning.

I was very disheartened to see no changes to the cost of guild hall upgrades.

This was a nice meal, the dishes that were served up were tasty and appreciated, but I could have stood a few more courses. I want story, I want new content, I want new things to do that I’ve never done before, and with this update the only thing that qualifies is the Shatterer battle. Nice, but not completely satisfying.

I’m definitely looking forward to Living Story season 3.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Lykaon.7695

Lykaon.7695

gliding nice, shatter nice
but please tell us whats the point of mesmer for anet?
cant do damage, cant support people, so what?

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

My feedback is on the Revenant and the Quarterly balance updates.

I really dislike the Revenant changes. Not because of what, specifically, was nerfed in some cases but rather because it was all nerfs. It’s all take, and no give.

A lot of what we got access to with Roy early on there were many good explanations for changes. A great example was a Crystal Hibernation discussion we had. Some of us wanted to be able to move with Crystal Hibernation because if you look at every other previous stationary block skill in the past it’s all gotten changed to be mobile because of the nature of a highly mobile game being immobile is counter intuitive (see: Engineer Shield block). However Roy came in and explained that the immobile nature was a trade off of having such a high heal effect on a weapon skill and if it was to be made mobile we’d lose a huge chunk of the healing off of it. Yet here we are in a balance update with the healing going massively down and nothing to compensate for it.

Changing Coalescence of Ruin so only one person can hit a target at the same time across multiple Revenants is beyond bogus. I don’t care if it can’t hit multiple times on a single cast, I care that my damage is being arbitrarily negated because someone else did an ability the same time as I did randomly. No one wants to feel useless and this has the potential for me to lose out on things like NPC tags or coordinated burst fire in group play because, whoops, too many Revenants.

More over let me say that with all nerfs and no buffs or changes to existing mechanics (Jalis, Ventari) you have basically said, “Welp. That’s what you get for the next 90-120 days. Have fun.” and frankly I don’t even want to play the game now until the next balance update. I know nothing is going to change, I know I have nothing to look forward to. I can’t even say, “Yea that sucks they nerfed sword, but hey lets look at this other thing they changed/buffed.” cause it doesn’t exist. In that meantime instead of putting my gaming budget into GW2 I’ll put it into other games elsewhere.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Mesmers were nerfed by the Alacrity/Quickness/Slow change with little compensation to everything else outside of quality of life changes. Mistrust’s buff doesn’t count as compensation, because it was too weak in the first place, you simply adjusted the numbers to make it how it should have been.

Posted by: SoraSugi.4079

SoraSugi.4079

seem like 2 warrior using berserker Bow F1 seem didnt stack damage now

Posted by: Cronicle.5691

Cronicle.5691

Daredevil:

Impairing Daggers does not act as projectile finishers although it states in the skill description

Posted by: notalent.4102

notalent.4102

I absolutely love this game. And I don’t plan on quitting anytime soon. However I do feel with the lack of content I feel the expansion overall provided for the price that we paid, I do feel I was expecting a bit more frequent and content additions/changes to the game. I feel this update was a bit small and was the only hope to provide something to work on/towards for the next three months or so.

The balance patch was a bit of a let down. I didn’t see anything game changing that improved any professions aside from the thief buffs which I feel was deserved. Tempest/Chrono got gutted. But the changes that bothered me the most were the nerfs to the Revenant. I understand they might have been a bit above average, but with the hard counters the Rev had such as intense CC/Condi in spvp, I feel the changes were quite heavy handed with no positive buffs/reworks in sight. I’m quite disappointed in the lack of Ventari/Jalis reworks as I feel both Legends have such potential. Also the Nerf to Burnzerkers was insane and just goes to show that the only build it seems we’re supposed to run is simply PS.

I love this game, but until something changes I just don’t see myself doing much more than logging in for my daily rewards and hoping for something to change with this game.

Posted by: diax.2815

diax.2815

The changes to the automatic upgrades in WvW has made it slightly easier for my smaller server to flip back objectives, but it all kinda falls down when you login in the morning/noon and your home bl has much t3 upgraded enemy objectives because of nightcapping.

Nightcapping and non prime time capping is what ruins WvW on many non gold servers, WvW server population needs to be adressed.
The match-ups are unbalanced, they seem to ignore population, we as a medium server keep getting match-ups with 1 high pop server, it’s a real problem, more people = more coverage = more ppt.

All these small changes to WvW won’t help if the population system doesn’t get updated, WvW is more about having the numbers and coverage, only when you have both of those, then skill and tactics/organization comes into play.
All of the new upgrades for objectives and stuff like the banners are only creating a more unbalanced situation, it creates so many disadvantages, it doesn’t help small guilds because the bigger guilds unlock it faster and use it against the smaller guilds, I’d rather see less and more balanced upgrades that don’t take ages to unlock, why would you want to create so much unbalance in a PvP situation?

I also think servers would have been more stable population wise if these desert borderlands weren’t forced upon us, I don’t remember ever seeing an outcry asking for new maps, I do remember people complaining about issues about core WvW that still have not been addressed to this day.

What a wonderful world it would be if we would actually get problems fixed that the community asked for year after year, instead of getting new stuff thrown at us that introduces even more issues to an already unstable/broken gamemode. We could have had this upcoming “overhaul” long ago if all the time and effort that went into the desert borderlands actually went to address the core problems in WvW instead.

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Scepter: Lazy slap-on of conditions on the AA and +5% on MS, the weapon’s cadence is still monstrously slow and clunky, skill 2 still useless. THIS is your big scepter rework, really?

Alacrity and Quickness, the only reasons anybody tolerated us in groups, nerfed heavily.
Feedback change only makes it slower and clumsier to use instead of being a near-instant single button press.
Chaos Armor and Chaotic Dampening nerfed, because staff was such a useful weapon before, right guys?
Duelist’s Discipline still useless because we have too many other offhands.
Restorative Mantras still useless because mantras are still useless.
Furious Interruption still useless outside builds you’re already destroying in many other ways.
Evasive Mirror still useless. Seriously in contention for Mesmer’s most useless trait, which is saying a lot.
Mistrust useless.
Malicious Sorcery already covered, absolutely pointless change that does NOTHING to address the problems with scepter.
Resistance nerf.
Well of Precognition joins the ever-growing garbage pile of worthless Mesmer utilities.

On top of all of this, the Mesmer’s skill recharges, many of which were balanced around the expectation of having Alacrity – the REAL Alacrity – were not lowered to compensate, which means the profession is even more hobbled by this jaw-droppingly massive, hamfisted nerf.

The “balance” team has proven once again that they will not allow Mesmers to have competitive direct damage, will not allow them to have viable condition play, will not allow them to have powerful defense, and will not allow them to have compelling party support.

Do the devs have any concrete notion of what Mesmer is supposed to be? Seriously, what is the point of this profession?

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

imho, my overall opinon of the balancing patch that happened without a wall of text would have to be eh, I feel u hit a lot of the problems that were being abused in SPVP atleast.

Revenant

Although I see the DPS nerfs to basic attack were warranted, it was boring having a profession revolve around auto attacks, however I feel the shield nerfs were too far and theres too many bugs with the current precision strike. also 0 sight on Ventari or Jalis was also very disappointing.

Dragonhunter.

The traps fair enough the disruption was Overpowered atleast in more casual games MMR Range, it did need looking into however, the absence of any real buffs in the base guardian was disappointing, I feel like nothing was made to compensate the fact you are nerfing one of the pillars to the profession.

Imho their auto attack may need a slight raise to introduce some form of sustained damage into the profession, Field of Energy being Swapped to a Fire Field to give a Source of burning from a Combo would have been nice to see, Deflecting Shot would of been nice to see a change, I mean I get the idea but in real terms I think it’d be stronger adding more of a Offensive function to this, deflecting 1 Projectile isn’t rly worth it.

Warrior

the Proffessions Sustain feels like it has gotten worse, the buffs really did nothing to really help the warrior and I feel mostly due to nothing majorly impactful was done, Fast hands needed to become baseline and quite a few traits of theirs needed changing around for example Furious should have seen baseline to help adrenaline upkeep.

it really doesn’t feel like it got any better.. harder buffs are really needed.

Mesmer

Shafted, a Nerf to a core mechanic that so much is based around without any adjustments to the abilities was crazy, its really caused them to go to kitten, they need some severe help they arnt worth anything in any part of the game any longer. theres really no bright side here.

Elementalists

Impressed u kept em viable, they do work even without cele reguardless of everyones doubts… didn’t do enough for Scepter its still not good, so realistically no success there, but they arnt fairing too badly, some more sceptre changes and I thing u’d of got em atleast in the right tracks.

overall some very good nerfs and buffs done on the profession bases, however I feel a lot of problems were ignored and nothing done for them which is disappointing, not the worst patch though in all honesty some stuff just needs some more help.

Posted by: Millssta.9064

Millssta.9064

( Taken from my Thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-toggle-options/first#post5954019 )
——
It seems a minor inconvenience but it would be nice to have some sort of onscreen confirmation that the new; Auto Targ and Ground Targ options are toggled on/off.

Map speed running for WP is must easier with Targ off, but from time to time, I tend to hit Auto Targ Tog on, but without any onscreen confirmation, I’m unaware if I’ve hit the correct key to turn this on.

Ditto for the other way around, I go back to speed running and am unaware I might have hit the wrong key to turn it off, So I end up attacking something with a swiftness boost skill.

It’s a minor issue, but it would be a better system to implement if a confirmation on screen showed up.

I Don’t Main, 100% Alt

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

The general consensus seems to be that the pve qol changes are good. Shatter is better than before.

The main problem is the class balances. They said on stream that there was a lot more changes to come but everything they talked about in the stream was in the notes. Sure some addition changes but overall there was nothing. They over nerfed classes and over buff I there’s, there is no consistency. They have to split the balance team, one for pve and one for pvp (including WvW). They also need people on the team that actually know the state of the game modes they are balancing for.

RP enthusiast

Posted by: Poliator.7021

Poliator.7021

My concers on this patch are being mainly from a sPvP perspective. And also, I haven’t played a big deal, so I can’t tell anything further than a first impressions.

First of all, balance wise, I think this has been the biggest patch we have had (the 23rd June Core Specializations update doesn’t count!), which is a good thing and what’s better: the reiterate appareance of the word “rework”. I like to see the willingness to rework things and I’d love to see more of that in the future with unused trait lines or weapons/skills.

However, I have to agree with some of the claims that some changes were “lazy”, such as the Alacrity nerf to Chronomancer. I think, then, that this perspective of laziness is caused by the game type you play. While that change was “good” for PvE, in PvP the problem came from other sources of Chrono. I think that this highlights the need to split the balance from PvE and PvP.

On another note, I’d love if you could share some Stronghold info, of whatever kind soon™. But that’s secondary I think.

Anyways, from my perspective the changes were good. Not perfect, but a first really good shot. Expecting more changes soon.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Don’t nerf revenant autoattack just to buff the kitten out of thief both dagger and sword autos. It’s disgusting.

I know thief needed a lot of love and revenant some nerfs!
However, this is the worst way to do it!
Also can you undelete mesmer?

Posted by: Age.4190

Age.4190

Why do you keep putting so many build out.I have slow internet atm?I miss the old day of streaming while you played.

Bring Back Original GW Support and Restore.Remeber this

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Thief:

Bountiful Theft: This skill needs to act as it does, but remove FULL stacks and a rounded duration of Might and give it to others, including other boons that stack as well. removing a 25 stack of might just to gain 2 might at max is rediculous.

Condition Management: Allow steal to have a way to transfer a condition via steal only/ a trait… Steal to foe and _ as well as transferring 1 or 2 conditions. The cooldown of steal could only transfer the condition if you can steal so a max of 20 seconds would help. The condition damage/duration scales with the ENEMIES condition based stats that was given to you which would free up your build preferences. (much like Venom Share works)

Venomous Aura: Why is this even in Shadow Arts trait lines when it belongs in Deadly Arts?
Switch Improvisation with Venomous Aura

Instant Reflex: Cooldown needs to be on par with other profession traits that are similar’s cooldowns, 40 seconds for just 2 seconds of evades is not good enough :/ yet a push in the right direction. At least balance it with Last Refuge or make Last Refuge 50% thresh-hold.

Swindler’s Equilibrium: why just 1 initiative?

Upper Hand: Regeneration needs to scale based on something else rather than healing alone, much like Guardians trait Radiant Retaliation. then it will feel “upper handish”
Initiative regain from this could be increased to 2 while converting cooldown to 4 seconds ICD and having regeneration changed to 5 seconds from 6. Will open up more build diversity/sustainability on swords, which havent seen the light of day in a long time, at least in wvw.

Guarded Initiation: Bring it on par with Diamond Skin from elementalist traitline. They both have very similar effects except thief needs to be attacking ele just doesnt…Diamond skin removes ALL conditions and prioritizes damaging ones over the other. Allow Guarded Initiation to remove all conditions(like DS) and prioritize damaging(ds).

Ankle Shots: Bring back the range increase and ricochet, Also were hoping you can find a way to make p/p viable, when traited with this trait, bleed will be removed but converted to torment. While foes acquire torment via ankle shots and cripple, the torment will scale with power. That or allow cripple to deal damage while moving too :/ I trust you will find an idea.

Escapist’s Absolution: Remove the CD

Bounding Dodger
Lotus Training
Unhindered Combatant

Remove these and add into a f3,f4,f5
Stance setup and have the missing 3 traitlines benefit from those stances

Staff: Punishing Strikes is a great idea to reflect projectiles, dont get me wrong, but the access to needed reflects is too hindered, we need to be close and be on that last chain in order to reflect, if we have reflects we need to be able to time them, we cannot do so within time. 1 single suggestion i have is to allow Staff skill 1 to chain without a target like the mesmer’s Skill 1 chain on sceptor

i will add more later

(edited by Lithril Ashwalker.6230)

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

Mesmers were given unreasonable and mind boggling nerfs to traits both massively used and nerfs to traits that were barely used. Despite with the Mesmer community and some others all chiming in that “the math has been done, nerfs to alacrity would render Chronomancer inefficient in all game modes” there was no word from any employee from ArenaNet explaining the changes and it is quite clear that no forum moderator or any game developer whatsoever has glanced at the Mesmer forums in a year, or they would delete the threads that are popping up about moving to Blade n’ Soul and their superior game designs.

Mesmer cooldowns on wells were not decreased as compensation to alacrity changes, boonsharing took a nosedive with the addition of squadgroup limitations, Well of Precognition was changed to 3 pulses of Aegis with a cooldown of 45 seconds which made no sense to anyone and is now unused.

In all, most of the Guild Wars community are frustrated and there is quite literally no communication between the players and the developer team besides them commenting on random Reddit threads which have nothing to do with game mechanics. The balancing is unusual, heavily biased and is clear there was no testing done whatsoever. This has to stop or ArenaNet will be digging its own grave.

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

What this game needs is to properly split balance between the different modes, or at least between PvE and PvP.
They’re too different to be balanced in an unified manner.
Until that day, there won’t be any decent balancing. It just can’t be done.

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

Don’t nerf revenant autoattack just to buff the kitten out of thief both dagger and sword autos. It’s disgusting.

I know thief needed a lot of love and revenant some nerfs!
However, this is the worst way to do it!
Also can you undelete mesmer?

imho I cant understand why so many are tunnel visioning the revenant changes, end the of the day Power Rev will be Meta and it’ll still be in the top 5 proffessions, its no longer then Best profession in the game but it doesn’t really need to be

While other professions have been absolutely shaftered, Warrior and Mesmers on the bigger picture, I mean every profession has Speccs which arnt viable, and the two legends people are going crazy over arnt anything to do with zerker meta, so even if buffed would make 0 difference as everyones forced into pure DPS Currently no way around that.

Imho, there needs to be another patch before the next season.

main things that need to happen realistically are

Mesmers Abilities need to be adjusted to line up with the New alacrity status realistically, they’re too revolving around it for it to be viable with the nerf to Alacrity, u need to inbuild it for them themselves to work as if alacrity was there it wasn’t overpowered for the Mesmer itself outside the bunkering capability which is gone now anyway.

Warriors need too see more buffs, it needs protection access, a good Place is within its bursts add a Protection buff proc on its 3 bar bursts, add a Evade frame to 100blades and things.

Base Guardian Traits need some more adjustments, Something needs to be done for its PvE sustained Damage, even if minor something to just help out, turn its Light field on 4 to a Fire field so it can combo burn off of it (wont affect PvP because Nobody sits in guardians Symbols anyway). take the destroying Projectiles off of 3 and make the 100% increased Damage baseline so it is effective in PvE settings.

Revenant Ventari / Jalis need some Changes, Shield 5 needs help with the reduction in healing, Sword Basic Attacks nerfed abit too hard give them back atleast 3% of their Damage on each Swing back.

Rangers Still need DPS buffs on its Core profession back.

Elementalist still need more Sceptre changes.

Posted by: TheBravery.9615

TheBravery.9615

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/What-ANET-needs-when-designing-balance

Have some guidance to follow when you guys design future content and patches

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

11,178 Gun Flame on 2100 toughness. There was no “balance patch”.

I feel you lol this was on a glass build.. 19k hit yet only have 14k hp.

Attachments:

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

33% skill cost reduction for 2 seconds, if my teammates are standing still. On a 40 second recharge. Oh man, everyone’s gonna want me on their raid team now

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

Gliding is really nice, makes map completion in core tyria much more fun.

WvW goes in a better direction, the amount of dolyaks needed is a bit too much

Lunar New Year is meh. Rather boring, no real replay value, mostly a thing of messing with the market. The Backpack upgraded is nice though.

Balance Changes: Balance will be much better then before for the most part.
Thief buffs are a bit over the top in all areas of the game.
Engie, Guard, Ranger buffs are good changes.
Mesmer change are needed. Mesmer was slightly too strong even before chrono, now with chrono it was just way over the top.
Ele changes along with the amulets are good as well, for the first time i get the impression that an elementalist actually has to focus onto the things he wants to be good at, increase in build variety.
Warrior: Sustain changes are good, the Rifle changes are… not really needed, rifle was one of the stronger weapons of the warrior. Killshot / Gunflame is too strong for how frequent it can be used.
Revenant: Needed changes, the weaker legends need a buff.
Nerco: Changes are okay, may provide more build variety, still too many things untouched. The announced “change” for the base DS is a insulting joke.

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

PvP Feedback.

I’m only a hotjoin player, so take my opinion with a mountain of salt. But it seems to me that the balance in this game is swinging from one not-fun extreme (bunker meta) to the other not-fun extreme (instagib meta.)

I also feel frustrated that instead of, for example, making small nerfs to boon application, the balance team decided to massively buffed Necro boon CORRUPTION (not just boon stripping) and added it to auto-attacks to boot. Similarly, the buffing of Thief auto-attacks is a downright lazy way to improve that class, which IMO wasn’t meta not because it was inherently weak, but because other classes were a bit overtuned. The balance team seems to favor over-nerfing and over-buffing instead of nuanced tweaks, resulting in the aforementioned swings in the meta, which persist for months at a time. This is just frustrating.

I would also truly appreciate it if the balance team could give us at least a general idea about what roles and build types they envision each profession playing in PvP. I think that this will help temper the unrealistic expectations many players seem to have, and don’t think it will stifle player creativity.

Elementalist

-The scepter buffs are not enough. I understand that the devs want to push Ele more to the S/x Fresh Air build of yore, but that build has not been viable for quite some time because 1) it simply doesn’t have enough survivability, even for a glass cannon, 2) Scepter skills are still clunky, which means a total loss of pressure in between bursts (Thieves and Mesmers have better pressure between bursts) and 3) they still don’t do enough damage to justify the low survivability. The Scepter auto-attacks have pathetic damage coefficients and long cast-times and aftercasts. They don’t have to be massively buffed, but just given QoL improvements.

-The class itself is way too dependent on stats to be viable. Historically, Ele has been meta/OP/useless entirely depending on whether or not Celestial was meta/OP/useless. That should be a big indicator that the baseline mechanisms of the class are lacking. Introducing new amulets is NOT the answer when the base class itself is too dependent on stats to be viable.

-Diamond Skin is useless now. It was badly designed before, and needed to be changed, but as it stands now, it works against itself. With the nerfs to Ele defense (Aura duration, Energy Sigil, more prevalent boon corruption and Thief buffs), a single hit is likely to bring you below the threshold. On-hit traits for the class with the lowest health and armor have always been a horrible idea. Instead of reworking the trait to promote creative play, the balance team has nerfed it into uselessness.

-WHY does Chill affect Attunement swap, but no other class mechanic?

-Our Elite skills are still horrible! FGS is the best by default for its mobility. Rebound is OK simply because it gives an Aura. Tornado is trash-tier.

-Why was RtL nerfed even more? I understand that Ancestral Grace was problematic; why not just disable that one skill from being used in midair? And why does RtL still have the cool down penalty if it’s blocked or evaded? The penalty is there to encourage using it as a gap-closer, right? Why are we still punished for using it as intended?

-Warhorn skills are still a bit clunky. Water 4 needs to have its effects faster. Air 5 needs to be able to be cast all around the character instead of just in front. Fire 5 and Earth 5 need to spread out quicker.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

(edited by Glenstorm.4059)

Posted by: ABRAVECABBAGE.7618

ABRAVECABBAGE.7618

As a hardcore wvw’er I am satisfied with the changes made to wvw so far. There is a reason for roamers and small groups to run around and flip camps and for people to scout keeps and defend things again. Keeps upgrade at a decent pace and towers upgrade when you keep them defended and you dont get to fortified overnight, which is good. Yaks are important and the middle event wasn’t as bad since it didn’t last as long..(would be better if it was just gone alltogether since it still has terrible lag.) All the walls seem to have finally been fixed save for a couple glitches like reinforced walls looking like tier 1 walls in inner fire keep. Now all that really needs to be addressed in my opinion is a decent rewards system (something like the participation system from the new maps could work well, with exp points as its basis for progression? and something to do with all the wvw rank points after you max out all of you wvw specs.

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

I feel misled: Maybe I read it wrong but I was under the impression that these balance patches would attempt to be total fixes for everything that is known to need work.

Not that they would only deal with a subset of known problems, and completely ignore all the others… folks thus ignored then having to wait for another three months minimum for a fix.

Quoted for content and name (:D).

While I love the necro buffs (and all the crying they’ve caused from people not used to necros being strong) and the indirect buffs from other classes being nerfed (though, poor mesmers), I felt like these patch notes didn’t address everything they should have. Condi necros were already widely considered as decent to strong, with power lagging far behind. Farther if using a Greatsword. I think… everyone was expecting Greatsword buffs/changes, and that the “trait changes in the Reaper line” would include Soul Eater.

And changes to Death Shroud need to include more (much, much, much, much more) than just Lifeblast piercing.

But… they didn’t? And if there’s only going to be one of these passes every quarter , that’s a disappointingly long time to wait for glaring issues to be addressed.

(edited by Dead.5829)

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

Quick sumarize

- Thief was buffed… in the wrong way. “Moar damage” wasnt the way to go. Still useless since they are one hit killed, don’t provide any support to party and stealth is completely useless in raid. You should raise thief base vitality or something.

- Mesmer was overnerfed. You killed almost any meta build for this profesion leaving shatter mesmer as the only decent choice in PvP

- Overall DPS nerf because of PvP. Raids are harder for parties that barely made it making them even more closed

- Druids are still tanky and deadlier… New Pets are not in line with the old one since they deal crazy damage.

- Necro seems more competent now at buff removal.

- Changes to guardian are pretty much unnoticeable IMO.

- Changes to warrior are ok. Burnzerker had to be nerfed (25k burn damage is way too much)

- Overall DPS has lowered, making Raid slightly harder and making party composition more strict in order to overcome the DPS check.

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

Elementalist scepter needs a lot of work and warhorn hasn’t been used in pvp since it came out because it just so clunky

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

I noticed 99% of players are still using elite specializations in PvP, example, all guardians are still all trappers with bow, and don’t play anything else, just one single build, don’t even swap weapon in all match. Really sad to see this in Guild Wars, a game known by the freedom of build customization.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

If you guys look at Riot and League of Legends, you can make a comparison because each company’s balancing methods and get a better understanding of why Anet’s methods feel inferior.

Riot is consistently updating their old champion kits with new technology AND healthier skills. Anet, in contrast, is still stuck to the old “excel number tweaking” method that has always proved unpopular by the community and uneffective at bringing us an excellent pvp meta game.

The interesting thing is that Anet was at Riot’s level during the elite spec era. Not only for elite specs but for guardian’s shield changes, which brought new technology and a more effective skillset. But now they’ve downgraded back to unpopular “excel number tweaking” balance changes that rarely fix any core issues with profession’s mechanics and flaws.

If it is a lack of budget, then Anet as a whole should consider investing more on their balance’s team budget. Professions are a key component to this game’s success in the past and in the future, and we should be getting a lot more meaningful changes than merely “number tweaks”.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

The Patch is nice, overall, it would be just nicer if patches like of this kind would happen more oftenly. Not just every 3 months, but basically like every two months, so that there are over the course of the year practically 6 patches that greatly influence the game and bring the game forward in important aspects of the game to add more content and more depth to it with now being time for now to give the game more depth as the plan stands for a while to make the whole game and its current content meatier and by that in the end more fun by removing outdated systems and improving non functional stuff that can’t handle its current situation anymore (hint LFG Tool)

Theres nothing bad at all to say about the patch, just the Class Balance Part doesn#t feel right and underwhelming, but everything else is just a top job and feels as if the game would have received just again after some longer time a dire needed small Feature Patch.

However, the Class Balance clearly shows, that we are still far away from beign at the optimal point and that theres still a lng road before of us, until the game has fully recovered itself from the first introduction of the Elite Specializations and the earlier terrible Condition Change Patch that totally ruined the whole Game Balance and was the first ontro to the massive power creep that found its way into the game from that point on, without that Anet made any appropriate counter balancing changes to the core systems of the Class Balancing, which they keep on ignorign since Game release now, Core System, which are still balanced around the Game State of 2012, where all this massive power creep didn#t exist all all and where these systems were balanced around Classes, which ALL dealt some years ago massively lesser damage, than we do today…

Its just NATURAL that any game’s combat balance, that stays by its developers outdated for over 3 years will reach sooner or later a poin,t where the whole combat system COLLAPSES due to the massive too much power creep, if Anet doesn#t do finally something and updates some core mechanics and class mechanics of the combat system appropiately to the state of GW2 that we have today where everyone deals more damage, faster damage and so than we were able to do so 2012.

ANet needs to change finally the following points:

• Change the Base Health Values of all professions to INDIVIDUAL amounts, that will make it significantly easier to balance all professions, because maximum health of a class is a very powerful but simple tool to balance a class. Thieves for example should get their Health raised from 11k to 15k
  • Theres in general way too much powercreep compared to the amounts of health that we have. ANet should reduce for EVRERYONE the damage of all skills by around 25%-33%, so that everyone will deal 1/4th to 1/3rd lesser damage, than now, this way will last battles a longer, giving players more reaction time to do something, before they get killed already within seconds due to everythign in this game dealign way too much damage compared to our Health numbers, that peopel barely get the reaction time you need to recognize thigns before you are already dead very oftenly!!
    There shouldn’t exist in this game no single skill that gives you the power to instant kill players with 1 singkle burst skill!!!
  • The Attribute System needs finalyl to get overworked and rebalanced, so that especialyl finalyl the defensive attributes actually make it alot harder for you to defeat a defensive build with Vitality giving significantly more Health per point and Toughness needing to reduce significantly stronger incoming Direct Damage.
    Useless Attributes should get finally merged into the Main Attributes so that we get free space for more useful Attributes.
    Healing Power needs to get merged finally with Vitality.
    Add instead Agility as new Attribute that has influence on everyones Endurance Regeneration and Class Specific Mechanics, so that a high Agility Thief for example can steal faster again, than a non agile thief, that a high agility warrior gains faster adrenaline, than a non agile one and so on …
    Someone with very high health shoudl also be as synergetic effect better in healing themself/others. Merging Vitality with Healing Power would make Vitality finally more meaningful, while balancing at the same time the game better.
  • The Condition System needs to get significantly rebalanced by reducing the Condition Durations of all Skills in this game greatly and forcing players to have to put points into Expertise so increase their Condition Durations, so that finally Condi Build need to use also more than just 1 single Attribute to maximise their DPS as Condi Builds already come with their advantage of ignoring completely all Enemy Defense and being unblockable from AoE Effects and being so fast spammable, that you can’t keep them always away from you cause of Condie Removals having super long cooldowns…
  • Add also please finally to Celestial Gear now that you removed it from PvP the newest attributes Concentration and Expertise with equal values without nerfign all other values just for addign the two new ones. Its ALL STAT GEAR, so these two stats naturally should belong to Celestial Gear too!!
  • Next Step that needs to happen finally is to make a Balance Split, that all Weapon Skills at least get their very own PvP Versions that will be used for balancing, so that it finally stops that PvE and WvW will always suffer from it, when ANet changes somethign around on the skills, only because they wanted to balanced something specific only for PvP!!! If they could do that then also for Traits, perfect, but lets just be honest here, its better to make first small cupcakes and see then further, than to overexaggerate it directly with a complete overhaul here …
    Until this hasn’t been made, you will never ever get anywhere near to a proper ESports at all Anet …
    Yes, this means that you would intentionally make the game for PvX players alot more complex due to people having to know then both different effects for skills and possibly traits also, but thats just the price that every PvX player is willing to take, if we get therefore then two indepedent properly balanced game modes with PvE/WvW and a seperate PvP with its very own setting that has its unique different balancing focus for all of its skills and traits.

Im surely not the only one here, who has enough of it getting PvE/WvW builds destroyed only because you wanted to change somethign for PvP and vice versa … this has to stop finally!!

• Another thing that has finalyl to happen for the overall good of this games gameplay balance of the combat systwem is that you need to finalyl add a ANTI CC SPAM system similar to Reveal..
    Make please finally STUN BREAKERS ACTUALLY USEFUL!!!
    If you use a stun breaker to get out of a CC, the usage of it should protect you then for a while from gettign instantly CCed again, like a 4 second immunity against all kinds of CC, after using a stun breaker skill.
    There is freaking nothing more annoying in battles, than gettign cheesily CC spiked to death without that you ever had at all a chance to DO ANYTHING because of being perma stunned..

This cc spam insanity is currently totally out of control in this game and needs to get finally toned done. At game relase there didn#t exist by far so extrmely much spamable CC options, there you didn’t felt it so massively that you’d think you need some kind of autonmatic CC control protection after using a stun breake,rm but at the moment by how this game is now its absolutely clear, that the game direly needs nsomethign agaisnt all that crazy constant cc spam that just destroys all the fun out of the combat system with people thinking, they have “skills” when they could just get some lame kills due to your enemies being permanently unable to do anything.
The whole hard CC system needs some kind of overhaul to make it lesser punishing for the receiving end. Giving classes more access to Stability would be naturally a lazy option as solution, but I think we need something better that should work as a kind of reaction based on being cc’ed and the only reaction based mechanic to CC that comes into mind are stun breaker skills to me whose role it should be in my opinion to protect you also from being perma CCed.
—-

Thats so far my feedback

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Xelonir.5921

Xelonir.5921

Feedback from a PvE/WvW player’s perspective:

Enhances Squad UI
Looks nice so far, and a good addition to the SUI.
But the updates lacks two important bugfixes:
- Squad Leaders currently cannot pass leadership to someone else in WvW
- Squad Leaders cannot change tag color while in a suqad

Gliding in Central Tyria
Nice change, there are some nice places in Tyria where you can enjoy gliding.
But it would have been nice to have at least some updrafts in central areas of the maps.

Lunar New Year
A festival that seems to be rather Dragonball Arena -centric. So I don’t really care.
And having an account in the “very unlucky” area, I’ve learned not to waste my money on those envelopes.

Eldvin Monastery Brew of the Month Club
Sorry to say this, but this looks a lot like “Let’s think of a way to make players log in at least once per month so that we can claim to have an active playerbase.”

Balance/B-Fix/Polish

General
Support counting to event contribution: great.
Option “Show All Usable Objects”: great
Lots of new keybinds (including Squad UI here): I’m running out of keys…
Adventure “Haywire Punch-o-matic Battle”: I have done enough adventures to get my mastery points, so I’m done with adventures (except maybe some collections forcing me to do that s..tuff)

Fractals
Some good changes and bug fixes.
What fractals needs next is a rework of the instabilities.

Items
Still no QoL update for the Mystic Forge for using the same fixed recipe repeatedly (WvW siege upgrade, mystic clover, amalgamated gems…)

Profession Skills

General
The changes to finish/rez make sense IMO.
Waiting for the profession specific decals … even though I cannot see a necessity for those.

Elementalist
Still not seeing any reason to play scepter.

Guardian
Sounds nice.

Dragonhunter
Piercing Light: Good for WvW (and probably sPvP), bad for PvE.

Mesmer
Chaos Armor: PvP oriented change? Blind was OK for PvE.
Still no attempt to fix the disparity of Confusion between PvE and PvP

Chronomancer
Alacrity nerf might be needed for some areas, but there should be some sort of compensation for the Chrono (additional effects/reduced base cooldowns).

Necromancer
Quite a bit of boon corruption, good for WvW/PvP and a certain (bad) Fractal instability.
Completely useless in PvE, as most mobs do not have boons.
Maybe your mob/map designers should consider using boons to make content more challenging instead of always using massive amounts of CC to make content annoying? It would be an improvement, and boon corruption would actually make sense in PvE then.
Chilling Darkness: ICD still too long IMO.

Revenant
Looks like it is time to use more than just autoattack
The class still needs proper underwater combat, though (because underwater content is still part of the game, as you might know).

Warrior
Increase in healing looks OK.

IMO the only way to ever achieve acceptable balance is a split of PvE, WvW and PvP balance. Everything else will inevitably fail.

World vs. World

Automatic Upgrade Update
The base idea was good, the execution is terrible. Who came up with the idea to put the same values on all objective types? Or was it just laziness?
SMC should take longer than keeps to upgrade, keeps longer than towers, and towers longer than camps. Especially because very often more dolyak routes lead to a keep than to a tower.
On a side note: this made the easy Guild Mission “Capture & Hold: Camp” basically impossible to complete.
Also, it is still an automatic upgrade when the map is uncontested (read: Nightcapping). Upgrades should require a player to activate them once enough dolyaks have reached an objective.

PpK / Reduced Rally Cap / Combat Revive Change
Nice additions.

General
Also some nice changes.
But I still believe that Proofs of Heroics should be account bound.
And Keep waypoints are still a mess, especially on DBL. They should only show up once a keep reaches T3, and should be usable by the faction that owns them.
Banner changes: absolutely necessary!

Still looking forward to your “big WvW update” … even though I’m afraid the time is running out.

Guilds
More decorations … I’d be happy, if it wasn’t for the overall cost of decorations.
At least festival decoration is cheap (if only by comparison to normal decorations).
The re-evaluation of scibing costs you announced is really necessary (including guild upgrades that require scribe items).
Actually, I do not even understand how someone could look at the amounts of items required for the most basic things (sand, pigments) and think that would be OK.
If I had to fire one person at ANet, it would be the one responsible for those numbers.

Shatterer
Nice improvement of a world boss.
I am very happy that you did not turn this into another “challenging encounter”.
The height gained from the jump pads could be increased a bit (+50%?).

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

• Nerf most cooldowns to make it more fun.
    Seriously, because everything has such low cooldowns it is removing the risk/reward factor. I don’t feel rewarded when landing my skills and I don’t feel punished for missing them.
  • Make a dark aura
    Have it siphons health from adjacent enemies. Allows more mechanics.
  • Drastically reduce the dumb amount of high utility skills/traits that grant high utility.
    Necro should 2 can apply 7 different conditions or 1 condition depending on what is traited.
  • Remove unnecessary damage.
    Tides of Time does not need to deal damage. Shouts like Feel the Burn does not need to hit with physical damage and so on.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Thank you for the alacrity nerf and inconsequential other mesmer trait/skill. Gives me more free time.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Rumors about the patch ( before 26 jan ) was about few changes…
… but then countless pages of nerfs/fix/updates/news.

I mean, i play spvp the most but i was really happy to see so many things changed.

I don’t know if spvp will find it’s balance ( but still way better than s1 ), but i like things like that.

This 26 Jan Patch was Great.
Just this.

So thank ya.

ps: just one last thing… why don’t share anything more with players during testing or jsut before the patch day? I mean, forum could be way toxic as every game forum, but still… could be somehow a chance way more to share something… to move forward.

pps: also, what about a PTR? many would like to try before relase ( maybe just leave craft and other things away, cause speculation ) and this could help.

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I actually am pleased with the updates we saw this week. I especially like the change to add gliding to Central Tyria, except I think we could use updrafts too.

However, I have one major complaint. I am in the process of trying to get central Tyria mastery points and they are few and far between. I do not pvp, spvp, fractals, dungeons, or raids, so how on earth can I obtain more masteries?

I was hoping you would add a few more options to help us out. I am at the Legendary tract at the moment and need 5 more points in order to progress to get my Bifrost book III.

I hated the stories and in order to get mastery points I have to redo them just for the achievements. But to add insult to injury, I have to do them on more than one character just to get mastery points is NOT FUN.

I do not wish to have multiple characters just for mastery points. Many of the other mastery points are earned by completing different story lines (Charr, Asura, Human, Syvalri) to get achievements to earn more points. I do not want all those different characters.

So I feel we need more options …do not force players to do other characters just for the mastery points…that is counter productive to the “fun” factor of the game.

Posted by: Sind Bowdragon.8374

Sind Bowdragon.8374

Going to go ahead and say it. This was supposed to be our big PvP update. Your asking for our feedback and advice but clearly don’t take into consider 99.9% of it. With all the great suggestions on these forums Anet continues to put out balance updates that are just ludicrous.
It was nearly a year ago that our last huge balance patch came out ( which we will all call the pirate meta update) that patch caused large amounts of our WvW and PvP players to leave. Now we’re 10 months later and we’re still no closer to having anything we ask to be fixed to be fixed. This is why so many of us have left. The community has had enough of anets promises of that turn out to be a chocolate ball filled with $&:9 with a side of PvE. If we wanted PvE we wouldn’t be in PvP.

Sind Bowdragon
Stormbluff Isle
[TBT] The Black TowerS

Posted by: freecarl.1320

freecarl.1320

Wasn’t there supposed to be a re-work for engineer rifle?

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

With the inclusion of raids there is an even greater need for skill splits. I liked this patch though. You all covered a lot of things and addressed some issues.

• I am not a HoT owner, so the return of core specs being viable in PvP is a good thing to see. I really felt like buffing the Elite Specs when HoT came out so that HoT owners were really the only ones who could truly excel during the first PvP season was a bad choice.
  • The biggest esports titles are for games that don’t have a paywall. Going f2p with the core game and moving the meta behind a paywall was baffling. It’s good to see you are moving away from that.
  • No inclusion of new Legendaries 3 months after HoT’s release is disappointing.
  • No new story content 3 months after HoT’s release isn’t persuading me into thinking I should get HoT either.
  • Lack of new earnable armor is disheartening. Moreso when there is zero lack of gem shop stuff and you can set your clock to its release. Where’s the content for a 50 dollar x-pac?
  • The lack of the Pavilion event for Lunar New Year is a bummer. Festivvals used to be chock full of content. What happened?

On a related note, not being able to do Toypocalypse with a pre-made group for the second straight year was a bummer. That’s why I was hoping for the return of the Pavilion.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

My feedback is about how feedback actually works.

It’s great you guys ask for feedback. I really do appreciate that. However if you hang out in the forums long enough you start to feel that the feedback isn’t going anywhere. This needs to be more of an ongoing and reciprocal conversation. Out of our feedback I would expect a post addressed to the player base saying " We heard you on the following points, we will be looking into them as resources allow. [followed by a list of points]." Then perhaps later or with the same post: “Points 3,7,12, and 15 are going to be a higher priority for us. Points 5,8, and 9 may not be something that is possible. Again this information is tentative and subject to change.”

I understand the player base takes things literally so you have to be carful what you say. But it feels like we have all these threads about good feedback and very little comes out of them. I’m not sure what this disconnect is but it has become apparent to anyone that frequents the forums.

If you read this I genuinely thank you for your time and thank you for making a great game. I hope we can work together to keep it that way.

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

My personal choice in buffs/nerfs.

Necros:

• Increase the cooldown of shroud to 15 seconds.
  • Signet of Spite: Activation changed to – Instantly recharge all your shroud skills.
  • Necrotic Traversal – Activation changed to: Teleport the minion to your location, poisoning and immobilizing adjacent foes.
  • Haunt – Activation changed to: Command your minion to teleport to you, blind adjacent foes and turn you invisible for 2 seconds.
  • Mark of Blood cooldown increased to 6 seconds, removed the regeneration.
  • Chilblains cooldown increased to 20 seconds.
  • Putrid Mark cooldown increased to 30 seconds.
  • Reaper’s Mark cooldown increased to 40 seconds.
  • Necrotic Grasp now poisons with each attack.
  • Putrid Curse removed poison.
  • Grasping Dead cripple reduced to 2 seconds, recharge reduced to 6 seconds.
  • Feast of Corruption applies bleeding instead of torment.
  • Unholy Feast, removed: cripple, condition corruption and retaliation. Recharge increased to 15 seconds, now single target, range increased by 900. Scaling with power increased to 2.5
  • Necrotic Slash damage reduced by 50%, now deals additional damage scaling with healing power. Also steals a small amount of health.
  • Necrotic Stab damage is reduced by 50%, now deals additional damage scaling with healing power. Also steals a small amount of health. Removed life force gain.
  • Necrotic Bite damage is reduced by 50%, now deals additional damage scaling with healing power. Also steals a small amount of health.
  • Dark Pact no longer converts boons to conditions, damage reduced by 100%, when cast the player links to target foe, after 3 seconds the player is teleported to the foe and steals health.

Reapers:

• Increase the cooldowns of Reaper shroud skills to match death shroud skills.
  • “Your Soul Is Mine!” removed: Gaining life force for each foe struck. Added: Now Teleports you to target enemy. (900 range)
  • Infusing Terror applies Resistance instead of Stability. A big nerf to Reapers sustainability to CC but still blocks slows, fears and taunts.

Traits:

• Cold Shoulder: Functionality changed to – Activating Reaper Shroud teleports you to your target and chills them for a second. (900 range)
  • Deathly Chill: Functionality changed to: Chilled foes adjacent to you take damage (130 radius), whenever you chill a foe, reduce the cooldown of shroud skills by 1 second. (1 second cooldown)
  • Spiteful Renewal: Functionality changed to, Gain 15 expertise and concentration for each stack of might on you.
  • Reaper’s Onslaught: Functionality changed to: Killing a foe while in a shroud fully fills your life force and grants you quickness for 5 seconds (15 second cooldown). Plus, exiting your shroud grants you and nearby allies quickness for 3 seconds.
  • Signets of Suffering still reduces cooldowns for signets, functionality changed to: Activating a signet also reduces cooldown for your weapon skills by 1 second for each unique condition on target foe.
  • Spiteful Spirit, functionality changed to: Turn invisible when you enter a shroud. (2 seconds) while in shroud you also gain 200 ferocity.
  • Close to Death, functionality changed to: Entering a shroud you also cast Blood is Power.

Screw it, I’d be here all day with my suggestions.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Love – The new Shatter fight. It’s a much more interesting fight with fun mechanics, but not overtuned for the zone’s level.

Love – Gliding in Core Tyria. Makes map exploration fun again.

Love – Show All Usable Objects. Makes finding usable objects (like gathering nodes, noxious pods, etc) MUCH easier to spot without having to constantly press on a key.

Hate – Chrono “balance.” Yes, chrono needed to be tuned down and I expected it to be adjusted, but you guys swung the pendulum WAY too far in the opposite direction. It wasn’t a nerf. You guys gutted the specialization, then nuked it via orbital bombardment. Have the balance team thoroughly read the mesmer forums on why it was too much and ideas for possible solutions. Lots of good ideas floating in the mes forums.

Meh – Lunar New Year. Nice idea, lazy implementation. Same exact format as last year. The festival is pretty much entirely centered around Dragon Ball. While Dragon Ball is fun, it’s really the only thing to do for Lunar New Year and gets boring fast. It would be nice to have a bit more activity variety added to make it a true festival.

Meh – Brew of the Month Club. Blatant gold sink. Making it drawn out over 12 months begs the question “why?” Backpack is fugly.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

It’s great you guys ask for feedback. I really do appreciate that. However if you hang out in the forums long enough you start to feel that the feedback isn’t going anywhere. This needs to be more of an ongoing and reciprocal conversation. Out of our feedback I would expect a post addressed to the player base saying " We heard you on the following points, we will be looking into them as resources allow. [followed by a list of points]." Then perhaps later or with the same post: “Points 3,7,12, and 15 are going to be a higher priority for us. Points 5,8, and 9 may not be something that is possible. Again this information is tentative and subject to change.”

I understand the player base takes things literally so you have to be carful what you say. But it feels like we have all these threads about good feedback and very little comes out of them. I’m not sure what this disconnect is but it has become apparent to anyone that frequents the forums.

If you read this I genuinely thank you for your time and thank you for making a great game. I hope we can work together to keep it that way.

Very well said. Please pay attention to this!

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Posted by: Glitchy.1230

Glitchy.1230

I don’t know if it’s been said in this thread, only read the first couple pages, but I liked the patch overall. Shatterer is better than the previous faceroll. Gliding in Central Tyria is amazing. The “show items” option is finally letting my ctrl key have some rest. And more.

My only gripe is how weird the changes to Revenant were. I can understand the nerf on it’s auto-attack, but unrelenting assault is now so bad.. It’s nerf made it not worth using over auto-attacking and it’s pseudo-dodge will most likely get you in harms way at the end of the animation because of how unpredictable it is.

However I can still stomach it. The worst part for me is Infused light. In fights, with the combination of cast queues and lag, I often find myself spamming the skill and it still won’t go off. You now have to cast “facet of light” and THEN "infused light’, but with the new cast time, I’m having trouble getting to the "infused light’ part even after spamming the skill for a good 2 seconds while in combat.

Since a seperate balance between pvp and pve isn’t going to happen, why not remove the cast time like before, and add some wind-up to the ability if used right after facet of light (after facet of light was cast the ability charges for half a second before the effect of infused light activates), making it lag-friendly like it was before but not as effective as you seem to think it was.

(edited by Glitchy.1230)

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Some buddies and I were doing jump puzzles in Tyria and I was frustrated because my glider kept popping out if I held the spacebar for too long and it made me miss some tight jumps. I would appreciate if the glider was changed to double-tapping the glide key and not just holding it down, since some jumps the game requires you to make are sensitive to how long you hold down the spacebar.

Gliding is activated by tapping not holding space. You hit space a second time to release it and stop gliding.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glider_Basics

“To glide, jump from a high place, and then press the jump key again while falling.”
— In game description

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I understand your thoughts, and perhaps we will be able to do that for some topics in the future; I agree it would be great! But what’s important to note is that we all — as forum members — have a certain level of visibility into our how feedback is handled simply by our participation here on the forums and our involvement in the game.

Here’s what I mean: I’ve seen the request for “gliding in central Tyria” hundreds of times on the forums. I’ve heard it in the game a hundred times, too! So when I see it come to the game, as a player and a forum member I know that ArenaNet listened to player/forum member feedback. I don’t need someone to come and tell me that, I can actually see it in the update notes and in the game.

So while I’m not discounting — believe me, I would be absolutely the last person to discount the potential or the value of further communication; trust me on that! — I like to think of an old expression that my granny said, “The proof is in the pudding.” In this case, take that odd expression to mean that we, as players and forum members, can see through actual game development that the feedback that we give is being read, reviewed, analyzed, and often implemented!

Again I do love communication, and I positively adore when devs post, or when they ask me to post on their or their team’s behalf. But I’m also aware that communication comes through many forms, including that demonstration through actual game changes. And because of that, I like the idea of productive threads like this, which you should know will be shared with every single member of the ArenaNet team as highly-suggested reading.

Anyway, I hope that makes sense. It’s just a personal opinion, but I like to think it has a certain logic.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet