Jumping Monthly Again

Jumping Monthly Again

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: spacecase.8796

spacecase.8796

Why Do We Have Jumping Puzzles in monthly again it bad enough that we get WvW( which anyway you coat it is still PVP) in the PVE Dailies & Monthly, but jumping puzzles for the 5th time in a row..as a casual, player monthly is only way to get enough laurels for the new ascended gear .so i have choose between champ slaying which can takes a while for the casual play or jumping puzzle with a useless camera auto zoom and scenery blocking the view..not everyone grew up with mario..i was in my 20’s when he was around so please try to be a bit more inspiring for next months ..And just for those going say play something else or whatever i dont want to i want more choice in the monthlys

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Sure more choice would be great. It is only 12 puzzles over 30 days though. I don’t really go out of my way to do puzzles but it is not a huge problem. Champs can be done on one of the trains, took me 30 min to get 25% then moved on to something else.

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: Omg Im Target.3095

Omg Im Target.3095

You dont have to. JPs are fun and can be done short. Useless complain here

Jumping Monthly Again

spacecase.8796

well Yargesh..its only 12 and as i can only do 4 in the world..im bit stuffed i take more time doin them than i do to solo a champ and as im lucky if i get an hour a day to sit n play properly so i get daily done then very little time is left..and if you want to do monthly JP’s is shortest option but as i said id like more choice i dont wvw and i dont champ train those are just mindless and i like some thought but with constant camera blocking would be nice just once n a while not to suffer through them each month and to Omg Jp’s might be fun for you but not everyone likes platform games or is good at them and im one of those..loved GW1 love GW2 would just like more choice as not everyone has loads of time to waste but deserve to have a chance at getting monthly aswell now that its almost a requirement for ascended armors and with 6 toons thats a lot recipes needed ..but as expected useless comments will be posted

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Dungeons
Champions
Skillpoints
Daily Completer
Events.

Tell me again how you need to do “not PvE” for your Monthly.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: Guardian.5142

Guardian.5142

I LOVE and hate JPs. Instead of just reacting to another complaint thread, why don’t we just post our favorites!

All the ones in the 1-15 zones and 15-25 zones are fun and not too hard after you’ve done them a few times and know where to go.

Fawcetts Revenge (or whatever its called) is a fun goonies style one that takes a bit of challenge.
Visier’s Tower is pretty cool once you figure out where to start and which ledges take you to the next.
The pirate one in south LA is fun if your class can use a torch or has a legendary.
The quaggan one in south timberline with the baby quaggans can be MUCH easier if you angle the camera looking straight down. It might still take a bit.
The Frostgorge one can be “blitzed” once you know where you are going.

The holiday one… I have mixed feelings about. I think Quaggan side is easier given the way the peppermint sticks are steps up rather than over. Even so, I had hours of failure before I even got one completed run. Its worth training yourself to do these holiday JPs so you can do them easily for the dailies during the holidays and they are actually a lot of fun once you have them down.

What did ANET do when the sheer mass of the event ZERG was too much for the server to support?
They had to SPAWN MORE OVERFLOWS!

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

There are on a regular basis mesmer portals in LA, often the pirate but also the trolls end as well. The one behind the waterfall in LA is doable. Then the short sweet jp in Pearl cove can be done very easily. In Caledon forest the one in the south by the trolls is very straight forward. That is 5 easy ones right there 2 of which you do not actually need to do. So 7 more to find out of a pool of 37.
Don’t want to do champ train, not a problem. The maw is a champ. Claw of Jormag constantly spawns champs (I counted 11 one event). Do those even a few times and you have that solved.

(edited by Yargesh.4965)

Jumping Monthly Again

spacecase.8796

First never said i not PVE this is want more choice foolish flissy and yes Guardian thats cool i like the goonies one and also like the timed platforms in caledon those are fun and some of the other are too when time is allowed for them and doin COF 10 times isnt really my idea of fun for the dungeon one but that would be wot id have to get dungeon completor by doin..its just more choice as JP’s have been in there for last 5..wheres the veteran slayer and stuff again kind of thing..dont mind them being there just not every month..also like demon grub but to be fair that one is an easy one aswell..and really its not a complaint more request for bigger n brighter not constant repeats..get enough of that watching TV with my daughter..lol

Jumping Monthly Again

Flissy.4093

That just made you sound incredibly entitled and spoiled.

You have so much choice in the monthly.

There are dozens of jumping puzzles to choose from, several dungeons to choose from, hundreds of champions you have the option of killing amongst hundreds of events.

So the monthly should be changed because “I want to do all the monthly achievements but I don’t like to do X, remove it now so people don’t get more APs than me” deal?

But the best part is this bit.

wheres the veteran slayer and stuff again kind of thing

You ask for more variety, but whine questioning for more of the same. LOL.

Light Up the Darkness

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Finding 12 easy JP isn’t too hard.

-Demongrub Pits in Queensdale
-Troll’s End in LA
-Weyandt’s Revenge in LA
-Spelunker’s Delve in Caledon
-Buried Archive in Cursed Shore
-Shamans Rookery in Wayfarer
-King Jalis’s Refuge in Snowden
-Tribulation Rift Scaffolding in Dredgehaunt followed by Tribulation Caverns
-Only Zuhl in Timberline
-Conundrum Cubes in Mount Maelstrom
-Hexfoundry Unhinged in Sparkfly Fen

And those are the ones I consider to be extremely easy. If you want to save a bit of coin, you could do all the 4 JP in Caledon.

Jumping Monthly Again

spacecase.8796

..kitten some ppl so UP themselves..its the difference that matters.. AP point more than me i have average AP’s not bothered about them TBH they are by product of the general playing ..variety is the spice of life they say even if its similar it not 100% the same..and ive failed the LA ones more times than i can remember and i dont get ported as if your gonna do something do it yourself dont get others to do then port you.. ive just tried the 4 in caledon i manged 1 out of 4 as i said i not good but this isnt about that its id just like a change to the wot is quickly becoming the norm.. for instance why is there only 5 truely PVE to choose from why cant there be 6 ..and id loved to try to understand the entitled bit but seems im to spoilt too..and that list is helpful but there 6 on there ive tried many times..as i said not a jumping playing tbh i wish i could blame my keyboard but as its a cyborg i know its just my jumping that suck but what is wrong with asking for a change after 5 repeats..

Jumping Monthly Again

Flissy.4093

More and more people have been expecting free handouts recently.

If you want the reward, put in the effort. Don’t expect to /dance outside LA bank and get your monthly.

Monthly/Dailies have become a LOT more varied than since launch – where they used to be static objectives every day and month, as well as needing to complete them all.

Light Up the Darkness

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Dungeons
Champions
Skillpoints
Daily Completer
Events.

You can get your daily completer done in wvw and events in wvw are probably the quickest while roaming as long as your home world doesn’t own it all.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Jumping Monthly Again

spacecase.8796

id love to have the time and dailies have become to easy since launch as i have been playing since launch i can say i prefered it before changes but its the lack of choice not the lack of effort..id be quite happy with kill 150vets and 75 champs and dungs n dailies but i would just be nice to see monthly without JP’s in there just once in 6mths..i get them done but tedious this games challenges are getting as they repeat so much..and they were varied but last 5mths not so much variety at all, otherwise JP’s wouldnt been in every single one ..im close to 10k AP chest it not about them tho i just want another monthly to challenge my mind not same old same old..also im enjoying this btw ,ppl just cant ignore..best way to kill these tho..gotta go put my daughter to be will rad any new comments later have fun all n pray for the precussor drop its gotta come oneday

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

Pick two, three easy puzzles and let your alt do it. Park him in there, log off, collect the puzzle next day. You dont need to jump on daily basis, just to log in and collect, it still counts. On champ slaying, just go to frostgorge sound and you will do it fast. 60 champs required to do the achievement means you need to do 10 rounds if I dont count quaggan. Avoid doing the queensdale champ train, I honestly do not understrand why so many people waste their time there. Long spawn rates, train-breakdowns are an normal occurence.

banished from time and space

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

My guild usually runs events like JPs and do all the jumping puzzles on day 1. We have mesmers along for those who can’t jump.

It’s probably the easiest to get besides the dailies. If you really have problems doing them, make friends with a mesmer.

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Dungeons
Champions
Skillpoints
Daily Completer
Events.

Champ train in Queensdale for the Champions, Events, and Skill points..

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Finding 12 easy JP isn’t too hard.

-Demongrub Pits in Queensdale
-Troll’s End in LA
-Weyandt’s Revenge in LA
-Spelunker’s Delve in Caledon
-Buried Archive in Cursed Shore
-Shamans Rookery in Wayfarer
-King Jalis’s Refuge in Snowden
-Tribulation Rift Scaffolding in Dredgehaunt followed by Tribulation Caverns
-Only Zuhl in Timberline
-Conundrum Cubes in Mount Maelstrom
-Hexfoundry Unhinged in Sparkfly Fen

And those are the ones I consider to be extremely easy. If you want to save a bit of coin, you could do all the 4 JP in Caledon.

Those are okay but there are easier ones like Under New Management, Crimson Plateau, Loreclaw Expanse(the alternate path that avoids the fire traps), Behem Gauntlet(there is only one jump at the end, the rest is just dropping down from one ledge to another) and Professor Portmatt’s Lab is just puzzle with no jumping at all.

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

You may get lucky with the champions next time there’s a living story release – first few days of that there are usually champions everywhere because of a massive zerg running around. Make sure you get some hits in on each and it should make that one much easier, at least.

Not that I’m really sure when the next one will be given the holiday break…

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You may get lucky with the champions next time there’s a living story release – first few days of that there are usually champions everywhere because of a massive zerg running around. Make sure you get some hits in on each and it should make that one much easier, at least.

Not that I’m really sure when the next one will be given the holiday break…

January 21 and it will be more Scarlet.

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Space there are some very easy jumping puzzles out in the world.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Easiest-Jumping-Puzzles

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Jumping Monthly Again

spacecase.8796

Great loads of help tho guys thankyou..but why couldnt the repeat fractal runner..lol im a little better at them..tbh my guild will mother me thru the jp’s but tbf to them they should have to help me 5 times in a row.. thats my point why havent the others been repeated as much as Jp’s have over past 9mths jp’s been in 7 i think..but still NOT MORE SCARLET..lol heard this is her last one or a run up to her final can never b sure with anet

Jumping Monthly Again

spacecase.8796

i meant they shouldnt have btw

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Because JP’s cater to a different audience of players and there isn’t really anything it could be replaced with that is similar enough. Having vet and champ both in would have ppl on the forums complaining that there wasn’t enough variety. A healthy number of players enjoy JP’s and this caters to their playstyle and rewards them as well.

Having said that, I agree 1-2 more options would benefit the game, although if the argument is that its the best way for a casual player to get laurels for ascended, I’d rather the devs implemented more ways for us to get ascended. But that’s a whoooole other topic!

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

If GW2 had better camera control, animations that synced properly, better physics, and overall better character movement, then i wouldn’t mind jumping puzzles. They are just frustrating though, due to the aforementioned problems.

Just don’t do them for the daily. I never do.

Jumping Monthly Again

spacecase.8796

i agree with both but its that theyve been in monthly for 5times in succession..they can be both fun n frustrating but with the right guild can be also amusing and fun to do if a little time consuming at times especially when using comms with each other..its just 5 times in a row thats my niggle really..i have done them for the last 4 so ill get them done but was hoping for someting different this month being a new year and all..lol

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Pick two, three easy puzzles and let your alt do it. Park him in there, log off, collect the puzzle next day. You dont need to jump on daily basis, just to log in and collect, it still counts.

Well that’s actually wrong. It has to be twelve unique jumping puzzles; repetitions of the same one(s) don’t count (within the same monthly).

Still, I don’t see the problem. Even if you’re REALLY that bad at jumping puzzles… get a friend with a Mesmer who ports you up. Or ask some random person with a Mesmer. Some might be willing to do it for free, others will charge a small fee for their effort.

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

you can do the same puzzle every day and it counts- so pick one you can do- or you know, pick something else- it is a monthly- you don’t have to do it in a day- hell, you don’t have to do it at all..

Gunnar’s Hold

Jumping Monthly Again

Saturn.6591

you can do the same puzzle every day and it counts

No it doesn’t; unless they changed that within the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Jumping Monthly Again

Morrigan.2809

you can do the same puzzle every day and it counts

No it doesn’t; unless they changed that within the last 2 or 3 weeks.

really?
ok
I still just do the others though- I have some jumping puzzles I do all the time anyway, I was sure they reset because I got them for last monthly event though I completed the monthly before o.o

Gunnar’s Hold

Jumping Monthly Again

spacecase.8796

I am REALLY that bad, but also wont be ported..thats a cop out..but doin them isnt the issue you are all missing the point really..its not the having to do them or that i find them extremely difficult its the 5 times in a row in monthly..thats my niggle..i mean anyone can do the demon grubs or wayfarer ones even the one in southsun isnt hard (pearl islet) but its fact that im doin them again for monthly..for the FIFTH TIME IN A ROW..but all the help is gratefully recievied..and yes im well aware my spelling and grammer suks

Jumping Monthly Again

Morrigan.2809

so just do the events, the champs, the continuous- meaning 4 dailes, and some skill points?

Gunnar’s Hold

Jumping Monthly Again

spacecase.8796

still missed the point i like to try and complete all of the monthly in the end and was hoping for a change from having to do JP’s again..when there are other options but instead they just repeat that one and swap about the rest..

Jumping Monthly Again

spacecase.8796

Oh Dear another person MISSING the point ..not AP hunter..and not looking for sympathy either just would like to know WHY they have been there and not something else for soo long and this thread is supposed to be for a disscussion.. to why this one has been repeated so many times..this is a thing and if you cant see the repeation then please could i have some of the drugs that you must be taking..even if they are prescription ones as they must be good

Jumping Monthly Again

spacecase.8796

thats wot i mean..i dont mind doin them or attempting repeatedly in my case but its just 5 times in a row but other than 1 exception i can remember they have been part of monthly since june i think which would be 6 out of 7 but i could be wrong..but that alot if it is right

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

the only good jumping puzzles are the 2 holiday ones, i wish anet would stop trying to make this a core feature of this game. if i wanted to hop on kitten all day i’d go play mario

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Jumping Monthly Again

Saturn.6591

the only good jumping puzzles are the 2 holiday ones, i wish anet would stop trying to make this a core feature of this game. if i wanted to hop on kitten all day i’d go play mario

Nobody forces you to even go near a jumping puzzle, you know.

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I LOVE and hate JPs. Instead of just reacting to another complaint thread, why don’t we just post our favorites!

The one (well two) near the dredge dungeon. The near vertical climb up the ice wall for the second jp there is pretty easy and quite pretty to look at from the top down.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Jumping Monthly Again

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

To be fair, if one were to complain about repetition….

In the last year:

Monthly Event Participation 12/12 times
Monthly Completionist 10/12 times
Monthly WvW Player Kills 10/12 times
Puzzle Jumper 8/12 times
Fractal Frequenter 7/12 times
Monthly Salvage Kit Usages 7/12 times
Veteran Slayer 6/12 times