Just glorious!

Just glorious!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Shhhhhhhhh! Don’t talk too loudly or Ohoni might hear you.

Does this mean I can’t get raid rewards from farming nodes, mapping and doing world bosses? Because that’s how I like to play.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Just glorious!

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Ayyy lmao at the new blogspot!

“And if you fail to fill these roles? You’re going to have a bad time. But don’t worry, as we’re leaving you a repair anvil at the entrance. You know—to collect your tears on. "

This part of the blogpost made me laugh quite a bit.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Just glorious!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Let’s see….

Gear locked behind and only obtainable via raids….check
Raid lock out timers….check

Why hello WoW, nice to see you again….

Now, before someone blows up at me, let me clarify. I have no issue with raids having its own set of unique rewards, including a legendary gear set. I am; however, peeved that raiding is the only way to obtain a legendary gear set. Anet is essentially saying “Don’t like raiding? Too bad. Do it, or you’ll never finish your legendary collection.” This is very different than raids having a unique skin set locked to them.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Just glorious!

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Really like the tone of the article, I really hope they stick to their guns on this – assuming it is as good as it sounds. Super excited though.

Just glorious!

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Let’s see….

Now, before someone blows up at me, let me clarify. I have no issue with raids having its own set of unique rewards, including a legendary gear set. I am; however, peeved that raiding is the only way to obtain a legendary gear set. Anet is essentially saying “Don’t like raiding? Too bad. Do it, or you’ll never finish your legendary collection.” This is very different than raids having a unique skin set locked to them.

this guy gits it

Just glorious!

Coulter.2315

I have no issue with raids having its own set of unique rewards, including a legendary gear set. I am; however, peeved that raiding is the only way to obtain a legendary gear set.

You don’t know what 2 of the words in this sentence mean. (unique and only)

Just glorious!

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

From my reading of the rewards section I would guess that either some weapon set or the legendary precursor is the once a week lockout thing , I think.

I’m glad it’s playable more than once a week, that reward aside.

As to the article , the language is very baiting , whoever wrote it is not normally allowed write articles at a guess.

Overall, pretty much exactly what I wanted, I’m iffy on the raid mastery but we’ll see what it’s like, can’t be too bad. Should be fun to do with the guild.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Just glorious!

Jaxom.7310

I have no issue with raids having its own set of unique rewards, including a legendary gear set. I am; however, peeved that raiding is the only way to obtain a legendary gear set.

You don’t know what 1 of the words in this sentence mean. (a)

the guy says there should be rewards for the content u can/want to play. should be a set of legendary gear for wvw. should be a set of legendary gear for pvp.

etc etc

Just glorious!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I think you misunderstood Lanfear’s point. She’s cool with there being raid-specific loot. But not with an entire game mechanic being gated behind raid loot. So she wants there to be other game sources (possibly just as difficult but not needing nine friends for a long commitment) for legendary armor, but with different skins so people can tell the raiders from the others.

Just glorious!

Coulter.2315

the guy says there should be rewards for the content u can/want to play. should be a set of legendary gear for wvw. should be a set of legendary gear for pvp.

etc etc

It can’t be unique to raids if it is obtainable from other sources.

Just glorious!

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Some really stirring stuff in the announcement. Something that caught my eye was, ’proper damage maximisation and damage mitigation for your profession will be vital...’ does this mean ANet is trying to remove the stacking glass cannon parties?

I remember in GW1 some party leaders would demand you ping your build then try to tell people what skills to take. I always refused and left as I wouldn’t give my build away free for someone to copy. Do you think this might be coming back via raids now? Ie, ping traits and utilities as well as armour and trinkets?

I’m thinking raid parties will be formed within guilds only.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Just glorious!

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Let’s see….

Unless you can change the runes on them without destroying the previous rune set, then it will be just like legendary weapons, treated pretty much like skins for most players.

And they may add a second set of legendary armor in the future that’s tied to different content. Who knows. We also don’t know how hard raids will really be, especially 6 months to a year later after players have had a chance to provide feedback on how easy/hard it is.

Just glorious!

TheGrimm.5624

Let’s see….

This is a bit concerning. Will be doing the raids in any case but there needs to be other challenging ways to obtain mats for these items or these need to be trade-able. Where are the Legendary mats for the WvWers or PvPers? Now granted lets see what the other blog posts have as well. But if this is the only way, this would make this required content. Let’s face it, you make 12 sets of ascended gear to lug around or you have one armor set on a toon. This is superior gear lets not fool ourselves on that. The unique titles, skins, minis, achievements and all make sense and are fine.

Just glorious!

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m well aware what “unique” and “only” mean. Raids could easily have 1 set of legendary gear with a specific look, unique to them. Another set could be available via other means.

Anet put forth two things “once upon a time” -that we could play however we liked (within reason, obviously) and still be able to work towards what they considered to be the ‘ultimate goal’ in the game – legendaries. This is directly stating that the ONLY way to get the ultimate gear is to raid, this is no where remotely close to play how you like UNLESS you like raiding. Mind you, I’ll probably be in line with everyone else to stick my toes in the pond, but I’m not ok with their approach to this.

This is exactly like locking ascended gear behind crafting as the only reliable means of obtaining that gear. Oh sure, you can play whatever content you like to get all the assorted materials for it, but the only way to reliably get the stat set you absolutely want is to craft it. So level that crafting boys. This has changed some with the ability to swap an unwanted stat in the forge, but relying on drops in fractals isn’t a “guaranteed” means of obtaining ascended gear, because it’s completely rng.

Just glorious!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Will my Sylvari finally get a Legendary Neko Armor set with tail, cat ears and a collar shoulder piece with a twinkling bell? I can’t imagine what else would be Legendary tier?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Just glorious!

TheGrimm.5624

Let’s see….

Unless you can change the runes on them without destroying the previous rune set, then it will be just like legendary weapons, treated pretty much like skins for most players.

And they may add a second set of legendary armor in the future that’s tied to different content. Who knows. We also don’t know how hard raids will really be, especially 6 months to a year later after players have had a chance to provide feedback on how easy/hard it is.

All but a few runes are overall really cheap, especially when you compare them to the cost of crafting additional full ascended sets of gear. And a lot of them work with differing stat setups.

Just glorious!

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Ohhh I can’t wait, just joined a guild 2 months ago and they exploded so this is going to be very fun!

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Just glorious!

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

etc etc

Of course it can. Imagine if the only way to get twilight was by doing Arah path 1. Legendaries would not be available only by doing Arah. Even Legendary greatswords would not be locked behind arah. But twilight would be unique to Arah.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Just glorious!

LanfearShadowflame.3189

This is beside the point for topic at hand. We aren’t discussing how people plan on using them. However, if they did add swappable runes and sigils to legendaries (and I think they should, but different topic there), thus adding that much more perk to them, would people still be ok with them being locked behind raiding?

And they may add a second set of legendary armor in the future that’s tied to different content. Who knows.

They may, but we don’t know when or if, which takes us right back to the ascended example.

We also don’t know how hard raids will really be, especially 6 months to a year later after players have had a chance to provide feedback on how easy/hard it is.

We’ll have to wait and see how hard they are, but again that wasn’t my point. Raiding is just not everyone’s cup of tea, easy or otherwise. Just like FoW and UW were not something everyone enjoyed in GW1, but those people (with enough dedication and grind) could still get FoW armor.

Just glorious!

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

No, I’m pretty sure you are the one who isn’t understanding.
He said he’s fine with raiding have A/SOME set(s) of legendary armor/skins.
He is upset raiding will be the ONLY WAY to get legendary armor AT ALL
At least so far as any information has been released regarding future legendary armor.
Its possible they may add more elsewhere later, but from the tone of that article (geez baiting much? Or just feeding the elitist raid crowd? At this rate I expect to see an announcement for an inspect feature by the end of the week) legendary armor will remain raid exclusive.

And I agree with Lanfear, I’m fine with the raid have its own unique set you can only get there. I’m not okay with there not being other equivalent stuff obtainable elsewhere.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Just glorious!

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

First, you can earn unique rewards once per week from raids

So we’re taking a big step back i see.

I thought this was supposed to be challenging and rewarding. Not a giant slap in the face.

If a group is capable of farming your challenging content they should be able to do so. If you’re going to impose a limit it should be daily to be more inclusive, not exclusive like you’ve said your goal is.

As is why would i ever do another raid the same week after my weekly loot box ?

Just glorious!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I thought this was supposed to be challenging and rewarding. Not a giant slap in the face.

If a group is capable of farming your challenging content they should be able to do so. If you’re going to impose a limit it should be daily to be more inclusive, not exclusive like you’ve said your goal is.

So they make it daily instead of weekly. This will just make them spread out the rewards you would have gotten weekly across those 7 days. However, this means you have to do 7 times the work for the rewards.

Just glorious!

TexZero.7910

So they make it daily instead of weekly. This will just make them spread out the rewards you would have gotten weekly across those 7 days. However, this means you have to do 7 times the work for the rewards.

Is this really a bad thing ?

You mean a game gives players multiple chances to play and doesn’t alienate players to a one off schedule ?

I mean this from the perspective of a player in a guild who is going to be setting up raids for a ton of people.

I will do it, but there’s virtually 0 reason to bring others back outside of a guilt trip, and that’s not cool.

Just glorious!

Ayrilana.1396

You mean a game gives players multiple chances to play and doesn’t alienate players to a one off schedule ?

I mean this from the perspective of a player in a guild who is going to be setting up raids for a ton of people.

I will do it, but there’s virtually 0 reason to bring others back outside of a guilt trip, and that’s not cool.

So what happens when you miss a day or you feel pressured to log on every day or get left behind?

Just glorious!

LanfearShadowflame.3189

So what happens when you miss a day or you feel pressured to log on every day or get left behind?

Bit of a catch 22 here.

Being able to do it daily does add to the ‘must log in every day’ pressure (for some, not all. For others, its just more flexibility) that Anet has said they didn’t want to do. Pretty sure they tossed that right out the window though.

On the flip side, limiting it to once a week may reduce your desire to log in each day. Especially after we run out of things to do again.

Just glorious!

TexZero.7910

Left behind how ?

There’s no treadmill…..

The raids are meant to be there to be rewarding and challenging. If you cannot actually reward people for completing the content why is it there ?

Additionally there’s a very simple way to reward people and not have them left behind.

Imagine a world where in a game we have the technology to check to see if you’ve completed the objective (see daily log-in)……

Now imagine said system with a weekly tie in, you raid, you complete check box met. 7 successful raids later you get a bonus chest.

Shock horror. You can reward hardcore and get daily / weekly rewards.

(edited by TexZero.7910)

Just glorious!

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

So far I am underwhelmed. Reveals have shown very little in raids that will be unique to GW2.

Weekly lockouts are an old mechanic to artificially extend the lifetime of the raids. Coupling it with RNG is the surest way to keep people doing the raids over and over.

Enrage timers is another old and not-so-creative mechanic. I would hope that over 10 years from WoW’s launch, designers would find better method for DPS control. Make monsters get progressively more difficult without a cutoff timer.

Reward system seems…strange based on what GW2 used to stand for. Originally you were supposed to be able to obtain items in different ways. I know it was always shaky – there are no ways to obtain legendaries in WvW, no way to craft (most) ascended accessories and varieties of other gaps. I guess ANet finally decided to scrap that model altogether with expansion.

The integration of GW2s dynamic combat is…silly. Yeah, sure, no trinity. Instead you get field bots and blast bots. STACK! WATER FIELDS ON RAMS! BLAST! FIRE FIELDS! BLAST! Considering the buff limit, enrage timers and touted difficulty, this will likely relegate raids to extremely specific class combinations, at least for the vast majority of the population (top tier raid guilds will likely do them with 8 necros in underwear eventually).

Just glorious!

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

Well i won’t be buying HOT any time soon that’s for sure there are plenty of things i still can do so yea i will wait for legendary armor to be gotten outside raids or i will find a new game to give cash to next year tho i am gonna enjoy the forum rage when they do come out

Just glorious!

Ayrilana.1396

Well if you want the weekly rewards split across the 7 days of the week then go ahead and ask them to implement a system that only does that for you. Just don’t later make complaints that people who are on the weekly cycle get the same rewards as you but with a fraction of the effort.

Just glorious!

Coulter.2315

etc etc

Of course it can. Imagine if the only way to get twilight was by doing Arah path 1. Legendaries would not be available only by doing Arah. Even Legendary greatswords would not be locked behind arah. But twilight would be unique to Arah.

So what you’re asking for is for them to announce several new sets of Legendary Armour with different art? Righto.

Just glorious!

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well if you want the weekly rewards split across the 7 days of the week then go ahead and ask them to implement a system that only does that for you. Just don’t later make complaints that people who are on the weekly cycle get the same rewards as you but with a fraction of the effort.

Better question: Why are they limiting your rewards at all? Wasn’t that one of the biggest kittenes with the changes to dungeon rewards? Didn’t people scream over the limiting to dungeon rewards to once per day per account?

Now they are doing the same thing here. Only it’s once per week per account. And you’re ok with that?

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Just glorious!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Considering that hard core raids is reportedly done by only a small fraction of a game’s population, I’m surprised that ANet is choosing this route to engage their players. There was one article I read that said that hard core raiders are about 10% of the players. It seems a waste to make content that only a few is going to do.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=777580

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Just glorious!

Ayrilana.1396

Better question: Why are they limiting your rewards at all? Wasn’t that one of the biggest kittenes with the changes to dungeon rewards? Didn’t people scream over the limiting to dungeon rewards to once per day per account?

Now they are doing the same thing here. Only it’s once per week per account. And you’re ok with that?

So you don’t do it all in one day and beg for new content the next. I have no issue with it being once per week. I’ll still be able to enjoy the content when I help others.

Just glorious!

TexZero.7910

Oh for the love of all that’s holy….

No one is saying split the rewards. It’s supposed to be hard content. If content is truly hard it should be rewarding no matter if its done once a week or not.

You’re seriously missing the point here and i don’t know if it’s by choice or not, frankly at this point i don’t care either.

Here’s a proposed solution to an outdated mechanic….

A) You raid
B) You get reward (limited to once a day)
C) For every 7th completed raid you get a Bonus Chest

What does this system do that the previous one doesn’t

Allows for the content to thrive, people to play it, and what you were aiming for to never be left behind….Because there’s actually people doing said content.

Done explaining this now, either you get it or you don’t. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Just glorious!

Ayrilana.1396

Oh for the love of all that’s holy….

No one is saying split the rewards. It’s supposed to be hard content. If content is truly hard it should be rewarding no matter if its done once a week or not.

You’re seriously missing the point here and i don’t know if it’s by choice or not, frankly at this point i don’t care either.

Here’s a proposed solution to an outdated mechanic….

A) You raid
B) You get reward (limited to once a day)
C) For every 7th completed raid you get a Bonus Chest

What does this system do that the previous one doesn’t

Allows for the content to thrive, people to play it, and what you were aiming for to never be left behind….Because there’s actually people doing said content.

Done explaining this now, either you get it or you don’t. Enjoy the rest of your day.

The splitting of the rewards was so that you would feel like you had a reason to go do the raid everyday. You may not like how they decided to handle the rewards but the suggestion I made was to appease players like you.

There’s a difference between not getting what you’re saying and not agreeing with what you’re saying. I’m the latter.

Just glorious!

LanfearShadowflame.3189

So you don’t do it all in one day and beg for new content the next. I have no issue with it being once per week. I’ll still be able to enjoy the content when I help others.

Not the point (and you know I’m not this type of person, I still have tons of crap to do in the core game). However, the general point needs to be discussed, given that people clear content at different rates. No, I’m not talking about catering to the locusts that will have everything ground out in the first few days (if they are allowed to).

Artificially increasing the lifespan of content via this method is cheap. There are better ways to do it.

Just glorious!

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

I think that it is about time a single activity/mode to give unique rewards. But for the love of all the is holy DO NOT forget to give unique skins to the other modes. That would be a slap to the face to everyone playing PvP/WvW(Was gonna say Fractals but they have the backpack).

Just glorious!

Ayrilana.1396

Not the point (and you know I’m not this type of person, I still have tons of crap to do in the core game). However, the general point needs to be discussed, given that people clear content at different rates. No, I’m not talking about catering to the locusts that will have everything ground out in the first few days (if they are allowed to).

Artificially increasing the lifespan of content via this method is cheap. There are better ways to do it.

Like RNG? I’m sure people would just love to have more of that in the game.

Just glorious!

LanfearShadowflame.3189

You think they aren’t going to have some massive RNG on that once a week reward? There are only so many pieces of armor to build for the set after all.

Just glorious!

TexZero.7910

The splitting of the rewards was so that you would feel like you had a reason to go do the raid everyday. You may not like how they decided to handle the rewards but the suggestion I made was to appease players like you.

There’s a difference between not getting what you’re saying and not agreeing with what you’re saying. I’m the latter.

Splitting the reward doesn’t even come into question.

This content is meant to be hard and rewarding. If people can farm it, it’s a design flaw of the raid not being hard enough.

If they can farm it let them and fix the dang encounters, so that people want to run it more than once a week and not feel guilt tripped into bringing their guild in because their schedules don’t add up.

How freaking complex is that ?

Seriously. You got hung up on rewards and entirely missed the dang point.

OR to paraphrase CJ himself…..

Well I think at a broad level, the decisions we’ve made make raiding a lot more approachable in Guild Wars 2 than other games. From our combat to a lack of attunements, to the more fluid role-based system, and I think we’ll see a large percentage of people at least try them. What they’ll see when they get in there is that it works really well in our game. We don’t try to exclude anybody.

Except for this one specific decision which should be changed.

(edited by TexZero.7910)

Just glorious!

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

PvP armor and titles locked behind PvP, fractal skins locked behind fractals, WvW weapons/titles locked behind WvW (tournaments no less), Living Story armor, titles, weapons locked behind PvE, raid armor, weapons and titles locked behind Raids? HOLD THE PHONE WHAT! GW2 is now WoW!

Raid lock out timers as in how guild missions currently work? You can do guild missions as much as you want, but you and your guild only get credit once a week. You can get rewards once a week, but can run the raid to your heart’s content. Seems about on par with how they’ve done current content.

Did you think you were pointing out some paradigm shift in GW2? Because you really only pointed out that Raids exist and will be in line with how they currently handle all of their other content….

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Just glorious!

Ayrilana.1396

You think they aren’t going to have some massive RNG on that once a week reward? There are only so many pieces of armor to build for the set after all.

Oh, there will be RNG. But if it the rewards were more frequent then you can be sure that the degree of RNG used would be increased.

Just glorious!

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Some really stirring stuff in the announcement. Something that caught my eye was, ‘proper damage maximisation and damage mitigation for your profession will be vital…’ does this mean ANet is trying to remove the stacking glass cannon parties?

I remember in GW1 some party leaders would demand you ping your build then try to tell people what skills to take. I always refused and left as I wouldn’t give my build away free for someone to copy. Do you think this might be coming back via raids now? Ie, ping traits and utilities as well as armour and trinkets?

I’m thinking raid parties will be formed within guilds only.

So you would rather hinder your entire party because “play how you want”? :|

Raid requires good team composition and synergy. You can’t be selfish here. It’s a team effort.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Just glorious!

Ayrilana.1396

This content is meant to be hard and rewarding. If people can farm it, it’s a design flaw of the raid not being hard enough.

If they can farm it let them and fix the dang encounters, so that people want to run it more than once a week and not feel guilt tripped into bringing their guild in because their schedules don’t add up.

Well I think at a broad level, the decisions we’ve made make raiding a lot more approachable in Guild Wars 2 than other games. From our combat to a lack of attunements, to the more fluid role-based system, and I think we’ll see a large percentage of people at least try them. What they’ll see when they get in there is that it works really well in our game. We don’t try to exclude anybody.

Except for this one specific decision which should be change.

Again, the weekly rewards was a design choice decided by Anet. You don’t have to like it. Splitting the rewards across the days of the weekly so you had a reason to do the content was a suggestion that I had to appease you. If you dont like it then “you’re gonna have a bad time”.

Anyways, I don’t care enough about this to continue on the discussion. I’m excited for raids to soon be upon us and I don’t disagree with any of the choices that they have made regarding it as of yet.

Just glorious!

TexZero.7910

Again, the weekly rewards was a design choice decided by Anet. You don’t have to like it. Splitting the rewards across the days of the weekly so you had a reason to do the content was a suggestion that I had to appease you. If you dont like it then “you’re gonna have a bad time”.

Splitting the rewards doesn’t appease me or was that not made evident ?

You’re playing the fallacy card to its finest and looking pretty bad while doing it.

What i’ve been saying is, make the content both hard and rewarding…..simple no ?

Exactly when did nerf rewards come into the equation ?

It only came in because you tossed it in to make the fallacy occur. You can have both hard and rewarding and not have it limited.

Now then any other logical fallacies you wish to portray outside of the baseless ad-hominem or ignoratio elenchi ?

Just glorious!

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Let’s see….

But this is a good decision.

You shouldn’t be entitled to every reward in the game when you don’t play every aspect in the game.

Let me repeat this:

You shouldn’t be entitled to every reward in the game when you don’t play every aspect in the game.

Should there be legendary armor for other areas of the game? Maybe, but they don’t need to be the same legendary sets. People who focus and perform very well in specific areas of the game need to have unique rewards to reflect this. That’s why stuff like the Glorious Hero’s Armor, which is was available only to achieving PvPers was good.

Does this mean that people who only like PvE will never fill out all their skin collections? Yup. And ya know what? That’s not a bad thing.

Just glorious!

Jaxom.7310

…..

….

Should there be legendary armor for other areas of the game? Maybe, but they don’t need to be the same legendary sets. People who focus and perform very well in specific areas of the game need to have unique rewards to reflect this. That’s why stuff like the Glorious Hero’s Armor, which is was available only to achieving PvPers was good.
…..

like 2 ships passing in the night. this, bolded is exactly what we are saying should be the case. the diff modes should have their own legendary.

no one is saying there should be other modes of obtaining exactly the raid armor set.

let raids have a set w/ its looks, let wvw have a set w/ its looks, etc etc

Just glorious!

Posted by: StrangerDanger.3496

StrangerDanger.3496

If I’m not mistaken people did ask for exactly this. Locking stuff behind difficult group content is what makes the effort to learn the raid and coordinate properly work it.

It might not be something ill be interested in tbh, and I’m sure a lot of people who cried for this will have issues with it one way or another…I mean ive seen a lot of people go hardcore to doing raids, only to dislike that they are difficult in the end and not do them….you know…people want it because its perceived as the hardcore thing to want…like how tons of people want hardcore full loot sandbox mmorpgs but every single game like that has hardly anyone playing.

Just glorious!

Ayrilana.1396

Splitting the rewards doesn’t appease me or was that not made evident ?

You’re playing the fallacy card to its finest and looking pretty bad while doing it.

What i’ve been saying is, make the content both hard and rewarding…..simple no ?

Exactly when did nerf rewards come into the equation ?

It only came in because you tossed it in to make the fallacy occur. You can have both hard and rewarding and not have it limited.

Now then any other logical fallacies you wish to portray outside of the baseless ad-hominem or ignoratio elenchi ?

It will be difficult/challenging. It will be rewarding. Your issue is that you want to do it on a daily basis and be rewarded despite Anet’s design plan to limit the rewards on a weekly basis. The splitting of rewards across the days was so that you would get your daily reward but maintain the same limitations that Anet has currently planned.

There’s no fallacy here. The only issue is you not reading my posts as I’ve stated this multiple times now. The fact of the matter is that rewards will be given on a weekly basis like they currently are for guild missions. You can accept that or not.

Just glorious!

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

While i’m going to get my legendary armor trough raids, i do agree with some people here that that shouldn’t be the only way. The skin should be unique to raids, however i do think there should be other ways, especially for pvp and WvW players.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.