Katana, how get?

Katana, how get?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

In the wardrobe, labeled as Iron Greatsword to the right of the Inquest Greatsword. Belinda’s katana, HOW TO GET?

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Wait until it shows up in the Gem Store ala Braham’s Sword and Shield, Kasmeer’s staff, ect. That’d be my guess, anyway.

In any case I don’t think its actually available in any way yet, though since the patch just hit I suppose its possible its rare loot or something.

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

Very interesting… seems this is not meant to be in the game yet. Judging by having generic “Iron Greatsword” name.

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

There are several items in the Wardrobe that cannot be obtained.

There’s also a Destroyer weapon called the Destroyer Scythe.

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

They already got the assassin armor in the gem store.. can we PLEASE have SOMETHING to earn in game???

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

They already got the assassin armor in the gem store.. can we PLEASE have SOMETHING to earn in game???

You do and can by using gold to convent into gems to buy gems store items. This is the advantages of having a money system over a token system you can do any thing you want in the game and still work to getting something you want. If it was a token system you would only be able to do one event over and over till you get to the item you want.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Katana, how get?

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Um… Tequatl and Wurm weapons? Champion bag weapons? Dungeon weapons/armor? Less QQ more TP?

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

You know…if it turns out that there are some new unique skins that drop from mobs/chests in this new area, I’ll have a good laugh considering how much complaining there is about a lack of skins available from non-gemstore means.

Katana, how get?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

The best I could fine was: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Iron_Greatsword, and in which case it’s craftable, but it looks nothing like a katana…

OP: Do you have a picture of it?

Katana, how get?

Posted by: funkylovemonkey.3097

funkylovemonkey.3097

The weird thing is the sword looks sheathed. I wonder if it really is a weapon or something they added that accidentally ended up in the player weapons.

Katana, how get?

Posted by: AbleKaine.1735

AbleKaine.1735

I just saw Belinda with it, it appears to be a Nodachi-style sword. I am praying we have access to it. I bet we will, I rarely see NPC’s with weapons that the players never get to use, with the exception of Caladbolg, although in some of the Sylvari storylines you do get to use it. I agree Dahkeus, I think there is a good chance it comes from one of those chests.

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Scrribble.7496

Scrribble.7496

The best I could fine was: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Iron_Greatsword, and in which case it’s craftable, but it looks nothing like a katana…

OP: Do you have a picture of it?

Here’s the pic & how to find it in your wardrobe:

Attachments:

| Mizarhi | Mesmer | [BA] | CD |
| My GW2 Project 365 Gallery |

Katana, how get?

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

The weird thing is the sword looks sheathed. I wonder if it really is a weapon or something they added that accidentally ended up in the player weapons.

Its sheath disappears when you draw it.

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

That’s pretty awesome. I’m glad they’ve made something to match the new outfits.

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Kind of a fail to me. Blade like this would look better as a one handed sword.

My thief is gonna rock the hell out of that Shadow Assassin outfit with dual Usoku’s Needles though.

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Hmmm…
The wardrobe and I go way back… I was already calling ‘im over for a brew n stew this evening anyways. I’ll report back later with what I find.

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Greatsword, hm?

ANet: adds Katana, makes sure that thief can’t use it

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

it is very sad that Anet is going to put that sword on the Gem Shop…… The whole “Anet has got to make money somehow” saying is just utter BS and a weak marketing strategy.

Anet is turning more and more into a far eastern style business model and it is very disappointing. NCsoft must have them by the short and curlies.

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

it is very sad that Anet is going to put that sword on the Gem Shop…… The whole “Anet has got to make money somehow” saying is just utter BS and a weak marketing strategy.

Anet is turning more and more into a far eastern style business model and it is very disappointing. NCsoft must have them by the short and curlies.

Who said ANet’s putting it on the gemstore? Look, if you want to be bitter and cynical, go for it. God knows that’s the thing to do nowadays on forums.

But can we at least stick to being upset about we know without having to get angry at hypothetical future outcomes?

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

It’s an odachi (like a Japanese claymore).

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

If they even add it to the game. That’s how bitter and cynical I am about the katana. I want it so bad. TAKE ALL MY MONEY ANET, GIVE ME KATANA.

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Its cool but the it should be hanging from the waist when stowed in the sheath =p but either way its cool.

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Its cool but the it should be hanging from the waist when stowed in the sheath =p but either way its cool.

Maybe they’ll add a one-handed version for that. Then Kunai for Daggers.

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Mazinger.1084

Mazinger.1084

Why exactly do they add the weapon to wardrobe and not include it in-game at the same time? The pessimist in me says they’re showcasing the item to generate demand before releasing in gem shop, but I’m not sure. Can we get some info from staff on this item? How long do I have to preview the weapon without being able to acquire it? Next release, perhaps?

Katana, how get?

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Why exactly do they add the weapon to wardrobe and not include it in-game at the same time? The pessimist in me says they’re showcasing the item to generate demand before releasing in gem shop, but I’m not sure. Can we get some info from staff on this item? How long do I have to preview the weapon without being able to acquire it? Next release, perhaps?

It’s always been like this.

Before the wardrobe system as we know it know existed, there was a PvP skins wardrobe in Heart of the Mists. You could preview new skins in there before they were obtainable.

Katana, how get?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Greatsword, hm?

ANet: adds Chiroptophobia, makes sure that necromancer can’t us it. :p

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Nodachis are two-handed. Katanas can be one or two-handed. The mere fact that Thieves can’t use this weapon breaks my heart.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Wardrobe slot for future item = program patch. New gemstore items have not required a game patch (because they are already there). So my bet bet is gemstore before the next game patch for LS 2 EP 2.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Lordphantomhive.1256

Lordphantomhive.1256

Like the Adventurer’s Mantle….?

Darkness becomes light, light falls into darkness.

Katana, how get?

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Greatsword, hm?

ANet: adds Chiroptophobia, makes sure that necromancer can’t us it. :p

I feel your pain.

Katana, how get?

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I wonder if when drawn you get a silver blade and the scabbard remains on your back?

That… would be awesome.

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

no, the sheath disappears when the sword is drawn (at least in the preview window).

Katana, how get?

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

GAHHH opportunity = missed! If they could make the sheath a backpiece however… hint hint!

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Technically, a thief would only be able to use the shorter form of the blade.
So in order of size

Nodachi – Referred to as the Horse killer. If you want an idea of its real life size, look up images of the 1960s classic Seven Samurai by Akira Kurosawa. One of the characters lugs one around and it is LONG

Katana – or tachi, depending on the era. The one most people are familiar with.

Wakizashi – the shorter sword that samurai used to carry as a companion to the katana. Usually used for committing honorable suicide but in some rare styles as a companion weapon in 2 bladed fighting style. I would seriously love to see daisho style of equipment, kind of like how the warrior wields 2 swords but only for the thief to wield it blade forward instead of reversed.

Tanto – Some samurai carried a 3rd blade which was shorter than the wakizashi and is more along the lines of a dagger. Depending on the era, samurai carried tachi and tanto but later converted to katana/wakizashi

These were samurai class only weapons.

Ninja wielded a variety of weapons and an actual bladed weapon like a katana or wakizashi has never actually been historically proven.

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

You do and can by using gold to convent into gems to buy gems store items. This is the advantages of having a money system over a token system you can do any thing you want in the game and still work to getting something you want. If it was a token system you would only be able to do one event over and over till you get to the item you want.

LOL, the gem store and TP isn’t the game, it’s a PART OF the game yes, but, the game in itself is where your out in the field playing, most people don’t play the gem store or TP, although, some do.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

It’s not armor….just an Outfit and those have NEVER been earned in game.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Katana, how get?

Pixelpumpkin.4608

So, is it on the TP? Do we actually know how to get it yet? If not, then why was this topic moved to “player helping players” if this is a questions players are unable to answer… only the devs would be able to answer it…?

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

It’s not available yet…..cool your jets and keep an eye on the blog posts….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Sylar.6827

Sylar.6827

You can play the game and get gold to get gems for it (if it really is in the gemstore) wtf are you whining about
Whether is price is steep or not is irrelevant. If you want something, work for it
Some games don’t even let you convert in game currency to cash currency… some people..wow >.>

Katana, how get?

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Maybe they’ll add a one-handed version for that. Then Kunai for Daggers.

NARUTO?

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Katana, how get?

Sariel V.7024

Considering that the update has only been around for two days, I’d call claiming the sword isn’t available premature. I’d wait until the weekend for players to have a chance to find something really rare.

Not that I think this won’t end up in the gemstore, though. That would fit the pattern with NPC gear. But give ’em a chance at least. ;D

Katana, how get?

Sariel V.7024

GAHHH opportunity = missed! If they could make the sheath a backpiece however… hint hint!

I like that idea, but you have to remember that backpieces are mostly static and it won’t look good when you sheathe other weapons.

Katana, how get?

Sariel V.7024

Just to confirm what we already knew, 11 new skins added to the wardrobe, 3 each of the new headpieces, the sword, and the outfit. Nothing hidden-til-unlocked unless it’s another outfit.