Legendary twilight on trading post 9500g

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

At least it is in the open now. Before it was just purchased from gold sellers. Yes people have that much and more in gold. They already have their legendaries. wonder who the sucker will be?

Or they leave and ask for a refund then he loses cause they go out and spread bad press about the evils of the corporation and how bad it is run. EA anyone? SWG?
This game will be F2P in Feb if the pop keeps going so it wont matter really will it. He will have done it all himself.

(edited by Narkosys.5173)

Posted by: Cocktail.7492

Cocktail.7492

Im indifferent either way, a lot of the reason I play this game is how cut off I can be from the rest of the community and still have fun when I want to.

But just an example to people doubting the purchase of gold in that high of a degree, I can recall a few situations from other games that would prove otherwise.

1) TF2 there was someone who spent 5000 USD on a Flaming Kabuto (An unusual version of the soldier hat that was extremely rare at the time) for his girlfriend.

2) Any of the kickstarter programs with people donating sums of 10k and up. I know a lot of people will argue that they’re showing support and they get all this bonus stuff, but it is 10 grand towards a video game no matter how you spin it.

3) Any Multiboxer in any MMO is a prime example of this. Remember the guy in WoW who multiboxes 40 shamans? Between each account license, all the expansions, the monthly fees and the rig setups used to pull it off…

I’m just saying, there are a lot of people who have the money to do things like this. Don’t really dismiss it because you wouldn’t.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

The more people use TP for items the more the gold-to-gem price will go up and so will other things.

The only way to counter this is for, pretty much, everyone TO NO USE THE TP.

Then ANet will HAVE to adjust the way the TP operates – it will either die or make it better.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

The price is… over 9000?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEXbOOkQBI4

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Anet needs money to add more nerfs/Zergs/Destroy sPVP So the smart thing to do is put a Legendary up in hopes someone is dumb enough to max their credit card on gems then convert to gold.

I used my crystal ball for this conclusion.

yes because 8k usd on gems is a game changing cash infusion….. lol

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

This is completely ridiculous.

You can tell me it has the same stats as other exotic weapons, blah blah blah, but this is a legendary we’re talking about; an item that is supposed to be the culmination of a player’s dedication and hard work. It is the top tier of the game, and now it’s pay to win??? >.>

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

the seller is obviously trolling.

“Over 9000!!!!!11111!!!”

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

The funny thing is for 9500g you could buy all the materials to make about 9 different legendaries. Including Eternity.

Posted by: cNcHellShadow.7691

cNcHellShadow.7691

This is completely ridiculous.

You can tell me it has the same stats as other exotic weapons, blah blah blah, but this is a legendary we’re talking about; an item that is supposed to be the culmination of a player’s dedication and hard work. It is the top tier of the game, and now it’s pay to win??? >.>

This is in no way, pay to win….It’s pay to look “awesome”. Nothing more.

Posted by: toafarmer.8401

toafarmer.8401

The more I play GW2 the more I’m against capitalism.

Thats what people who cant afford luxury things do in real life. But they still like freedom of speech, having food and other things that you can only have in a capitalist system.

toafarmer.8401

WTF is this Anet? The major prestige items are going to be thrown around and manipulated by the richest farmers and gold buyers just like they were in GW1. You are making the same mistake AGAIN. Major prestige items like legendary weapons should always be soul/account bound. I hope people enjoy the inevitable skyrocket of mat prices.

Sry, mate, but there was never a rich farmer in GW. The rich people were powertraders. Farming is just not profitable.

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Twilight is only worth roughly 1050g last i checked.

if you bought everything that could be bought.
minimum cost of any legendary is 120g for the 2 gifts/icy runestones.
funny enough items like Infinite Light are worth more than any legendary because of the lodestone price.

This is misinformation. Minimum cost is NOT 120g, unless somehow it’s now free to level 2 crafts that require NPC bought materials. It’s also the silliest argument to say this would ever be done by anyone, not to mention that everything you do for your leg is costing you money as well as making you money – buying gathering mats, repair bills, travel, consumables. Please stop clinging to a false argument based on what some of you are using as a far fetched (and incorrect) technicality.

The funny thing is for 9500g you could buy all the materials to make about 9 different legendaries. Including Eternity.

This is why it’s so silly that it’s been listed for so much and why it’s quite funny how some people in the thread still said they’d buy it. This is for the ultra lazy or someone that somehow has so much gold it just doesn’t matter any more. I’m just surprised that someone would actually throw that much gold away on a list fee for an unrealistically high sell price.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

(edited by Static.9841)

Posted by: Tito.3270

Tito.3270

Thats what people who cant afford luxury things do in real life. But they still like freedom of speech, having food and other things that you can only have in a capitalist system.

That’s a very biased and ignorant statement that simply isn’t true, but back to topic, i doubt that anybody who actualy has that much gold doesn’t already have a legendary.

Posted by: smezmer.1206

smezmer.1206

Granted its a legendary but the 9500 price tag is insane. If that thing sell any time soon you can be sure to expect major inflation. This is a clear sign that the TP and economy need to be reevaluated.

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

Who in his right mind will pay 9500g fo a bunch of pixels common now thats just crazy.

Posted by: Rieselle.5079

Rieselle.5079

People who think ANet somehow profits or wants this sort of thing is ignoring the fact that it’s unlikely / impractical / impossible for anyone to buy that much gold through official channels.

Just like pretty much any MMO, these items are being listed at these prices because someone out there has enough gold to buy them, probably via 3rd party gold sellers.

When most other MMO’s have failed to stop such things, how can you expect ANet to? All they can do is to ban bots as much as possible.

(edited by Rieselle.5079)

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

People who think ANet somehow profits or wants this sort of thing is ignoring the fact that it’s impractical / impossible for anyone to buy that much gold through official channels.

Just like pretty much any MMO, these items are being listed at these prices because someone out there has enough gold to buy them, probably via 3rd party gold sellers.

When most other MMO’s have failed to stop such things, how can you expect ANet to? All they can do is to ban bots as much as possible.

If they removed the RNG aspect of obtaining vital mats and precursors and made them a function of karma and crafting, this would not be an issue.

I’m very much behind their manifesto, which involves players progressing playing how they want to play.

When you tie legendaries to RNG:
RNG on whether you get a precursor
RNG on the sub-materials

Then nerf the bejesus out of it with DR

you no longer progress playing how you want to, because the rates on certain items if you don’t actively look for them would mean years before it yielded anything.

Ideally legendaries would be the result of skillful participation in every aspect of the game, it would be like having fractal weapon skins on steroids.

Posted by: leprekan.7248

leprekan.7248

People who think ANet somehow profits or wants this sort of thing is ignoring the fact that it’s unlikely / impractical / impossible for anyone to buy that much gold through official channels.

Uh … yes we can expect Anet to do something about it. They have a record of WHO buys what and that doesn’t even include the buy orders. If they were concerned it would be easy to see where those accounts got their gold. They won’t though since some of those players also bought gold from Anet. Greed … pathetic. When you let short term greed get in the way of sound business you go the way of the dinosaur.

3 of us in my guild are in the same boat of having everything complete for a legendary but still needing the precursor. I personally just threw 400 great swords into the Mystic JOKE and of course didn’t get my precursor. So either we have to buy gold to get the precursor or look for another game. We decided tonight to start looking for another game. You win Anet.

A Yak since headstart. [herm]

Posted by: PreImmortal.4708

PreImmortal.4708

Why would they make legendaries available for sale? You would think that a legendary is an item that someone would have if they were extremely committed to the game. Now who is willing to pay real money can have the legendary..

I don’t have a legendary myself, but I think it totally destroys the effort that a lot of people put in to get their legendary (farming all the mats and gold, getting all the RNG items and completing the map).

Gold was just one part of it, now for X amount of gold, you can own a legendary today, doesn’t matter if you got the game a week ago and just hit level 80.

toafarmer.8401

That’s a very biased and ignorant statement that simply isn’t true, but back to topic, i doubt that anybody who actualy has that much gold doesn’t already have a legendary.

Thats what a “communist” who buys stuff developed in a capitalist system (like this game) and have food on his table and freedom of speech would say. Dredges FTW.

And back to the topic, some people might want more than one legendary and, as far as I know, you need 100% completion to make your own legendary, which is obtainable only once per character.

Posted by: leprekan.7248

leprekan.7248

Thats what a “communist” who buys stuff developed in a capitalist system (like this game) and have food on his table and freedom of speech would say. Dredges FTW.

And back to the topic, some people might want more than one legendary and, as far as I know, you need 100% completion to make your own legendary, which is obtainable only once per character.

You get TWO gifts of exploration for each time you complete. Each weapon requires one.

A Yak since headstart. [herm]

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Yet tons of people have Twilight so it’s not exactly unique.

I wouldn’t say tons and there is still a difference between 750 dollars and 5000+ dollars.

Point is some people will throw cash at games if they can have the best of the best in game. I am sure the same will happen here. It may take a few weeks, but then x-mas is coming. Maybe a kid with rich parents….maybe someone with a job with nothing else to spend it on….

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Legendaries are already mostly about gold so I don’t see much difference here.

Posted by: Raebfle.5914

Raebfle.5914

People realize that it’s a bot trying to send gold to another account, right?

Lmao. Nobody would post that legit looking for that price / post to show it off.

Posted by: Tito.3270

Tito.3270

Let me guess, you are american and the only 2 systems you know are capitalism = good and communism = bad, sigh…

Posted by: Legionius.3641

Legionius.3641

Let me guess, you are american and the only 2 systems you know are capitalism = good and communism = bad, sigh…

It’s even funnier because there is no way to have true Capitalism. Some parts of our system in American are almost identical to parts of the Communist Manifesto. It’s like that in pretty much every country.

Communism, regardless of morality, once made a few countries super powers.

People are just blind or don’t bother to actually learn about how things work beyond basic philosophies. I saw a startling amount of it in the military.

toafarmer.8401

No, Im not american, No, I dont think capitalism is perfect. But it is certainly much better than having the ommunist party telling me waht I can or cant do, can or cant say and sometimes can or cant think. I dont wanna go to a gulag and I like having food and freedom. Communist “super powers” were built by exploring millions of people by means of violence.

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

Capitalism vs Communism?? Wtf is this??

Capitalism/Free Market Economy —-→ a system of economy

Communism —-—> a type of government

How can people compare this two?

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

I was going to spend some money on gems right after karka event. I needed transmute stones, additional space in bank and additional bag to store the second set of armor. Thats when they diminished loot drops. At that point I started making less gold than I spend, so making second set got suspended for undefined amount of time. So I didn`t need transmute and bags any more.

And anyway, with that kind of attitude from Arena I am not going to spend a cent on TP until they fix this situation. I don`t really understand people who buy gems and sell them for gold. They just promote awful behavior of Arena even further.

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

I actually see a twilight for 1800G

Posted by: HERO.2057

HERO.2057

Once they added ascended weapons, probably around feb or spring, legendaries will get a stat bump too

I wouldn’t be so sure if i was you.

In Guild Wars 1 you have, FoW armor, which is a very pricey armor, even nowadays it’s still expensive.

I bought my armor in 2006, for about 3 Million, which at that time was an absurd amount of money.

After the release of Nightfall, inscriptions were introduced, to weapons and armor.

Previous FoW/Obsidian armor never got updated, i did end up spending another Million to gather all the remaining materials and craft my self another set of armor.

This scares me, every time i think of crafting a legendary in GW2.

Electronic Empire [eE]
———
Commander of Blacktide

Posted by: dmanibusan.7406

dmanibusan.7406

I actually see a twilight for 1800G

actually you see an offer for 1800g.. I might just put mine up on the TP after i make it just for kicks to see if anyone will actually buy it… probably not for 9000g lol… Somewhere around the 7000g range sounds about right

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

can devs confirm this is possible? legendaries can now be sold? there is one on the trading post for 9500g

That will only cost you about $7,900.00 USD in gem conversions. They have operators standing by to take your orders.

You’d be stupid not to 3rd party that one; probably less than $5,000 via 3rd party.

Still way overpriced.

Communism, regardless of morality, once made a few countries super powers.

Briefly. So did Fascism. Neither is a winning strategy, but capitalism offers the freedom to fail, making it an easy target for fearmongers who don’t respect democracy.

I don’t live on a commune numbering only a few dozen people, so why would I ever want to be a communist?

Communism and civilization don’t mix so well. The next 20+ years will be dominated by reminders of such.

(edited by Ansultares.1567)

toafarmer.8401

Capitalism vs Communism?? Wtf is this??

Capitalism/Free Market Economy —--> a system of economy

Communism —-—> a type of government

How can people compare this two?

both are production systems.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

A noobish question for you guys. I only have 20g and as such I can’t tell if the legendary item ( or any other with a big price tag) can be purchased or not from the TP because, well, it’s obvious why.
So is this a bug or is this intended and can it actually be purchased with gold?

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

I’m pretty sure it’s a hack, I don’t think you can actually put legendaries on the TP.

And it’s hilarious looking at people talk about A-net wanting people to buy gems for gold. Tin foil hats.

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Anything over 2000g is overkill, and you are getting ripped.

All the materials would be around ~1000g, and then another 1000g for your time spent.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

can devs confirm this is possible? legendaries can now be sold? there is one on the trading post for 9500g

That will only cost you about $7,900.00 USD in gem conversions. They have operators standing by to take your orders.

Totally worth it…seems quite reasonable aswell.

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Aren’t listing fees refunded if you take down your sell order?

Posted by: kendokken.3257

kendokken.3257

I’m starting to feel very, very uncomfortable with the way this works. Either you spend a LOT of real money, or you grind your kitten off.
…..

Working as intended

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

Since this thread went off-topic pretty fast and into a discussion about possible exploits, we are closing this thread now. Be aware that we have a look on the transactions and if something irregular like this occurs, we will check this and have an eye on it. Besides, no advertising is allowed on the forums, even for in-game auction prices.

Thanks for your understanding.