"Last Online" in Guild Panel... PLEASE!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

I suggested this back in the day when the “Suggestion” forum wasn’t in “Archive” along with many, many others.

There is more than enough room for it on the “Roster” page. Something like:

I really can’t understand why this hasn’t been put in already, for these 2 monumental reasons:

1. Timers already exist in the Trading post under “Item’s I’m Selling” it tells you when you added the item to the TP.
2. It was in GW1.

So we KNOW it is do-able! Why are we now over a year down the line and it still has not been added in?

I’m sure all Guild leaders will agree that it is a complete nightmare keeping track of active vs inactive members and currently I am being forced to “Purge” pretty much every other month as the guild quickly fills up and I have no idea who is active and who is not… With 500-members you’re almost asking guild leaders to give up their lives to monitor activity within a guild. Which ultimately can be fixed with a simple adding of code which you already have in both GW1 and GW2… Granted they may not be 100% accurate. But even a rough outline of inactivity time is better than nothing and if ANET were to do it and specify that it is in BETA then they would have no problems from players as they will understand it isn’t perfect.

All I want to see is members who have been offline for more than 2-weeks and if that was the case I would assume they were inactive and kick them from the guild so that I could invite more people.

Without the hassle of creating a “Purge” rank and then having to put near on 300-members into the rank and then monitor the Guild, almost around the clock to remove them when they get online.

Each purge takes me roughly about 2-3 weeks to complete… ANET PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, sort this out. It’s kinda ruining my time in-game and it’s not exactly a big ask!

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

Posted by: Culwenimos.1594

Culwenimos.1594

Yeh might be useful in Guild Panel.

but here’s something in the meantime..

Inactive Guild members and possible tool post

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

For now until they have that implemented, you could go to the leaderboards for achievement points, log in, select your guild and check when the achievement points of your members were last updated (shows when you mouseover). It is what I use to track activity until something more solid is implemented.

Posted by: shaquinna.2869

shaquinna.2869

We also use the leaderboards, but it takes a LOT of unnecessary time. Especially when you reach 500 members.

As a fellow guild leader I second this opinion with all my heart.

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square
Representing: ‘The Only One’ [One]

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

+1 OP
They should definitely add this feature.

Coopziana.1802

Perhaps rather than creating the “Offline Timer” ANET could simply implement the, already available, system they have in place on the leaderboards.

Just adding in another Column into the guild panel with the date of the last earned Achievement Point would be more than enough.

Ok, you may worry that it’s not completely accurate… but taking into account that for each daily achievement you do you get +1 Achievement Point… I challenge someone to play the game for an hour without gaining a point. I dare say it’s near impossible unless you stand in LA and then go shopping for an hour.

The Technology is already there, ANET simply need to implement it!

Posted by: Ettanin.8271

Ettanin.8271

No thank you. We don’t need stalkers.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

No thank you. We don’t need stalkers.

Luckily, your statement is completely irrelevant when it comes to the subject of this thread.

Now, if this thread was about adding the ability to add someone to your friendlist without their consent and see exactly in which location they are (even when players block you) then your statement would be valid.
…..oh wait, guild wars 2 already has all those things.

Anyway, yes this feature should have been in gw2 from day one. Just like gw1.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

This is a thread created based on the big guild thread in the old suggestions section. That was over a year old.:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-System-Improvements-Suggestions/first#post3467673

The “Last online” option is in that list. Would not be enough however, also need last representing and best would even be a percentage of representing because people can switch between guilds.

Those things are also all in that list so it’s better to keep it in one place in stead of spreading it out over multiple threads.
However it’s a suggestion done more then a year ago, it’s not much work to implement and still is not here so it looks like ArenaNet just don’t care about these sort of things. Or at least is has the lowest possible priority.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

That is kinda awesome Devata. I still remember that thread. Thanks for bringing it back!

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Coopziana.1802

This is a thread created based on the big guild thread in the old suggestions section. That was over a year old.:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-System-Improvements-Suggestions/first#post3467673

The “Last online” option is in that list. Would not be enough however, also need last representing and best would even be a percentage of representing because people can switch between guilds.

Those things are also all in that list so it’s better to keep it in one place in stead of spreading it out over multiple threads.
However it’s a suggestion done more then a year ago, it’s not much work to implement and still is not here so it looks like ArenaNet just don’t care about these sort of things. Or at least is has the lowest possible priority.

Thanks. As i said in the OP. It has been suggested before… yet still nothing done about it.

In all honesty I really don’t care about “non-representers” All i want to know is if that player is still active or not. They can represent as many guilds as they like, at least I can see if they are representing or not in the guild roster so that’s not really broken so doesn’t need fixing, so the Percentage thing is a bit pointless too.

Personally my guild has a “Must Represent at all times” rule. So I just kick people who don’t represent anyway as we gain nothing from them and they gain nothing from us so they are just dead weight. Main problem is that we can’t even tell if they have been online in the past 6-months… it’s just mind blowingly incredible that ANET have still neglected this simple addition to the Guild panel.

Seriously, pay for my flight over there and I’ll personally come and add in the code myself… That is how much I want it! (I don’t know what code they use and have no clue how to code games… I would Learn on the plane ride over there lol)

Devata.6589

Thanks. As i said in the OP. It has been suggested before… yet still nothing done about it.

In all honesty I really don’t care about “non-representers” All i want to know is if that player is still active or not. They can represent as many guilds as they like, at least I can see if they are representing or not in the guild roster so that’s not really broken so doesn’t need fixing, so the Percentage thing is a bit pointless too.

Personally my guild has a “Must Represent at all times” rule. So I just kick people who don’t represent anyway as we gain nothing from them and they gain nothing from us so they are just dead weight. Main problem is that we can’t even tell if they have been online in the past 6-months… it’s just mind blowingly incredible that ANET have still neglected this simple addition to the Guild panel.

Seriously, pay for my flight over there and I’ll personally come and add in the code myself… That is how much I want it! (I don’t know what code they use and have no clue how to code games… I would Learn on the plane ride over there lol)

When I read your first alinea I was like “they probably have a must represent rule” and then you confirmed that.
Yeah when you have a rule like that it’s not problem, you don’t need a last represented but if you allow people to represent multiple guilds (Pretty much what Anet wanted) then you really need something like last represent and best even percentage because you never know if a person never represent or only not around the times you are most on-line. Exactly the same problem you have with off-line people now with no “last online” option.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

A great suggestion, however in order to get Anet to implement it, you’re going to need to explain how they can sell it as an add on feature for guilds for 800gems

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: ThanatosAngel.8024

ThanatosAngel.8024

Another great feature would be the ability to see which members in a guild are contributing the most influence overall, and how much time they’ve spent representing your guild. I’m no guild leader, but I think those might be useful features to have.

Devata.6589

Another great feature would be the ability to see which members in a guild are contributing the most influence overall, and how much time they’ve spent representing your guild. I’m no guild leader, but I think those might be useful features to have.

Those are also in the list of suggestions:

Coopziana.1802

A great suggestion, however in order to get Anet to implement it, you’re going to need to explain how they can sell it as an add on feature for guilds for 800gems

Haha, I’m actually concerned that might be true! However I don’t see how they could charge for it… Having said that if it was added in as a “Guild Upgrade” that had to be unlocked… I’d get it just because it is needed… Plus the fact my guild currently has 2-million influence and 250-merits that we just can’t seem to spend fast enough!

But surely ANET wouldn’t charge us to implement such a simple thing!? Can you imagine all the flame threads they would get on the forums?

I’d just love to hear from ANET telling us EXACTLY why they haven’t put this feature into the game… I mean what possible excuse is there for it? I’m as open minded as anyone so I would take their comments on board and try to see it from their perspective… but honestly I really don’t think they have an excuse. I think it’s a simple case of “Oh yeah, I knew there was something I was supposed to do last year! ooops…”

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

My guild’s goal was to get to 100 members and when we reach that milestone i will start kicking inactives,yesterday we reached 100 members and then i realized that idk who to kick….

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Coopziana.1802

My guild’s goal was to get to 100 members and when we reach that milestone i will start kicking inactives,yesterday we reached 100 members and then i realized that idk who to kick….

That’s exactly the same boat we are all in… I’m up to about 470 members now and unless i use the leaderboards I can’t really tell who i need to kick. Which is why we need “Last online” or “Last Earned” column in the guild panel… and we needed it a year ago… That will never change until it’s added.