Laurel items now basically worthless?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

Of all the crazy things we’ve had to put up with in this game, this takes the cake: My hard-fought-for Rings of Lunaria and Solaria have been rendered worthless. At least for the Golden Lotus I can pick SOME set of stats.

Guys, I’ve been getting sick and tired of having new content come out so often. I’m barely able to keep up, and I spend a LOT of time playing this game. But, I put up with it because it wasn’t critical to keep up.

But now, on top of the blistering pace of new material, I’m now saddled with worthless gear for which I paid a HUGE price .

The LEAST you could do is allow us to sell them back to the Laurel vendor for whatever we paid for them.

I’m getting tired of these shenanigans. If this isn’t corrected ASAP, I won’t be playing much longer. In fact, it’s going to be hard to get myself to play even today given today’s absurd changes.

I do owe you a little nod: When you announced the magic find changes ahead of the actual changes, I broke off a gem-purchase I was about to make. There was no way I wanted to spend actual dollars unless you managed to do the change equitably. There’s some $$$ I won’t be spending, so for that I thank you.

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

celestial items still have more stats on them than other sets, you and everyone else who are complaining about this are doing so completely without merit. If you bought celestial stuff for the paltry magic find gain, that’s your own fault

Daddicus.6128

I’m not talking about celestial items. I named the two this thread is about. I recommend reading more carefully before issuing “completely without merit” comments.

Those two items LOST their benefit. It is not replaced, and there’s no option to undo it. So, yes, I have a lot to be concerned about.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Why are they worthless?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

celestial items still have more stats on them than other sets, you and everyone else who are complaining about this are doing so completely without merit. If you bought celestial stuff for the paltry magic find gain, that’s your own fault

Nevertheless, the set was nerfed without compensation and we weren’t given the opportunity to swap sets even though other sets that were only altered were allowed to swap. It doesn’t matter whether someone bought the set for the MF or not. The fact of the matter is, Celestial gear is less useful today than it was yesterday, period. Maybe it’s still good, maybe it’s not, but why not give us the option to decide that for ourselves like the option people with Traveler and Explorer gear were given?

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Daddicus.6128

Morrolan,

Worthless because they’re now taking up a slot on my character and not doing what I bought them to do. The two rings had lower overall stats, made up for by magic find. But, they removed the magic find without changing the other stats.

Blaine,

Thanks. They told us we would be compensated, and they told us that the MF would shift to account-based. Neither have occurred.

My account MF is 4%. I was well over 100% on each of several characters. I lost a LOT of value, and I don’t know how to recover it. Plus, the Pirate runes I’ve been collecting went from really valuable to complete garbage.

Couple this with the speed of updates and I’m ready to stop playing. It’s like losing an old friend, but I just can’t take this kind of crap any more. You would think they would have learned their lesson with the changes to Cantha in Winds of Change that they had to reverse. But, I don’t think they can reverse this easily.

The thing is, both ANet and the “never used MF” crowd actually have a point. They shouldn’t have to do all the killing while we who have MF do all the collecting. It’s just that ANet destroyed whole characters over night.

For only the fourth time I’ll not be getting my dailies today. I’m just so frustrated at having to rebuild all of my farming characters’ gear that I don’t have the will to fight any more. Maybe the young guys can pull it off, but I don’t have it in me any more. I just want to play, not have to reinvent my account. Sad. 7+ years …

Posted by: wolfger.3467

wolfger.3467

They told us we would be compensated, and they told us that the MF would shift to account-based. Neither have occurred.

No clue what you’re talking about. I got compensated (more or less) and MF is most definitely account based now. They did exactly what they said they were going to do. They never said that if you had 100% MF before you’d keep 100% MF. Your MF got traded in on other bonuses. (compensation)

Plus, the Pirate runes I’ve been collecting went from really valuable to complete garbage.

If you don’t want ‘em anymore, I’ll take them off your hands. I still rather like my superior pirate suit, and would be happy to have a set for another character….

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

So you are angry about losing 8% mf on a single character while this update gives 20% mf to the entire account right off the bat and can be upgraded up to 300%?

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

Morrolan,

Worthless because they’re now taking up a slot on my character and not doing what I bought them to do. The two rings had lower overall stats, made up for by magic find. But, they removed the magic find without changing the other stats.

Celestial has reduced stats not because of magic find… It has reduced stats because it gives you the following all on one item.

Power, Precision, Toughness, Vitality, Critical Damage, Healing Power, and Condition Damage

Magic find was hardly going to make or break the item. In truth it might mean 1 point bonus to power, precision, toughness, vitality, healing power, and condition damage if your lucky. The big bonus of celestial gear was the fact you got a bit of everything. Removing magic find from it does not change the fact it still gives you a bit of everything thats available on gear.

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I don’t see why they couldn’t just let the guys with celestial stats pick if they want to swap stats or stay with the celestial stats minus the magic find. Seems like an easy fix.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Posted by: Confirmed Bachelor.3508

Confirmed Bachelor.3508

Like I’ve said before in previous threads, the other MF sets were given the option to change because they sacrificed a stat for MF. This made people who chose to use MF sets weaker than those who didn’t.

Celestial doesn’t sacrifice anything to have MF. It has more combined stats than any other set of armor. It even has more critical damage than zerks. Even without MF, it’s still a viable option.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Every weapon and piece of armor in the game with MF stats should have had the option to be changed.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Gwaiyn.4395

Gwaiyn.4395

i feel like i’m the only one more inclined to use celestial gear now that it DOESN’T have magic find

yes it was probably an unintentional nerf, but that 2% extra MF on celestial gear always bothered me immensly

Gwaiyn – 80 Thief
Ryfaul – 80 Warrior
Fluene – 80 Mesmer

Daddicus.6128

Why do people keep saying celestial?

And for the naysayers, I BOUGHT the trinkets specifically to improve my magic find. My whole set of gear was designed around MF. So, losing that from two of the items without compensation hurts.

Plus, who said it was only 8%? I’ve dropped more than 100% just from that one character’s gear. I haven’t even checked the rest of them. SOME of it will get replaced by, IMO, inferior stats. But certainly not all.

To get the 300% somebody mentioned, one has to do a LOT of work. Work I had already done in 6 months of dailies and monthlies. I’m dropping from 100+ on each of four characters to 4% account wide. That’s hardly compensation.

However, I am interested in knowing about this 20% we supposedly get for free. I received no such bonus of which I’m aware.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

While I’m ticked that the Celestial stat combo got nerfed without corresponding replacement (Especially since the removal of MF was to keep people from swapping effectiveness for loot, since celestial evidently wasn’t inferior effectiveness in ANet’s eyes), I think the word ‘worthless’ gets thrown around way too casually.

Its not worthless, its just exceedingly poor without the exact right build , and its undeniable less desirable than it was yesterday.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Confirmed Bachelor.3508

Confirmed Bachelor.3508

And for the naysayers, I BOUGHT the trinkets specifically to improve my magic find. My whole set of gear was designed around MF. So, losing that from two of the items without compensation hurts.

Plus, who said it was only 8%? I’ve dropped more than 100% just from that one character’s gear. I haven’t even checked the rest of them. SOME of it will get replaced by, IMO, inferior stats. But certainly not all.

To get the 300% somebody mentioned, one has to do a LOT of work. Work I had already done in 6 months of dailies and monthlies. I’m dropping from 100+ on each of four characters to 4% account wide. That’s hardly compensation.

However, I am interested in knowing about this 20% we supposedly get for free. I received no such bonus of which I’m aware.

The Lunaria and Solaria rings you’ve purchased have every stat, which is now considered Celestial. I know they existed before that particular set of armor came out, it’s just easier to say Celestial.

It’s difficult to justify compensation for Celestial items. Statistically, they’re “better” than other items even without MF. You may have purchased it for the MF, but unlike if you purchased a bunch of Traveler’s gear, you’re no worse for wear for having it removed. That’s probably why Anet didn’t provide compensation for Celestial items.

In order to get 100% MF, you’ll need equipment that you’ve probably been compensated for already. That’s why we’re only referring to the ~8% you would’ve lost for the two ascended rings.

“A lot of work” = dropping 50s on an inventory full of masterwork items then salvaging them for almost 10% magic find. Yes, it’ll take sometime to get back to 100% magic find, but you’ll have better stats from your items to compensate.

You get enough essence of luck in the mail to get 20% magic find. If you haven’t received it, clear your mail and see if it gets sent.

Also, to answer your “question,” laurel rings / amulets are not worthless. They are currently the only ascended trinkets and the only way to get agony resistance outside of fractal rings and ascended weapons. They still have superior stats to exotic items.

(edited by Confirmed Bachelor.3508)

Posted by: TexRob.5183

TexRob.5183

You’ve got mail.

Tex Rob 80 War [RICH] GoM

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

OP, the very least you should have is 20% not 4%, because you were sent consumables via in game mail to bring up up to 20%. This more than compensates for those specific stats.

As time goes on, and you do dailies and salvage blues and greens it’ll go much higher. It’s a small investment for a realtively short time, unless you don’t play at all.

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

It’s difficult to justify compensation for Celestial items. Statistically, they’re “better” than other items even without MF. You may have purchased it for the MF, but unlike if you purchased a bunch of Traveler’s gear, you’re no worse for wear for having it removed. That’s probably why Anet didn’t provide compensation for Celestial items.

Celestial is only better when one doesn’t understand the concept behind stat weighting and budgeting. Why do you think everyone and their dog pushes full Berserker even on the squishiest classes?

For the layman, yes Celestial gives overall more total stats, in some cases significantly so. But the value of each stat is not equivalent. When you’re talking about high level PvE, such as fractals where the mechanics of gameplay include one hit KOs frequently, then it doesn’t matter in terms of survivability how much vitality, toughness or healing power you have, if you get hit you die. Conversely, stats like Power, Precision and Critical Damage indirectly contribute to your survival simply because the faster you put down the target the fewer opportunities it has to OHKO you, and the less time you the player has to coordinate dodges, blocks and invulns.

And one thing that gets repeated but apparently no one listens to, the MF sets included the MF in their stat budgets, which is why speedrunners and “1337” players disparaged sets like Explorer’s so much, because you sacrificed a lot of guaranteed party contributing power for a RNG stat that only helps your own wallet.

Now, the sets other than Celestial that had MF now give stats like Boon Duration or Condition Duration, which means previous MF sets had their stat budgets adjusted to include new combat relevant stats. Celestial got no such consideration, hence all the QQing. Honestly, Celestial is supposed to be the “all stats” armor, so any stat available to armors in GW2 should show up on Celestial. Meaning that Celestial, if no adjustments are made to the existing stats to compensate the loss of part of its stat budget should at the very least get the addition of Boon Duration and Condition Duration, but at the relative Celestial stat weighting so as not to eclipse armor sets like Giver’s.

And the rest of the Celestial items should follow suit. Seeing as how for some builds for Eles and Guardians rely on boons, Celestial could shine quite a bit there with native boon duration, freeing up the need to run dual Water/Monk, or the new and quite expensive version of Traveler runes. As well, a Condition Duration stat might make Celestial attractive to Necros who are also multi stat users, and in a condi meta could work out quite well. I on my Ele for example have a full suit of Celestial armor (among other sets) , Celestial weapons (also some Knight’s and Berserker’s) as well as a combination of trinkets, including Knight’s, Cavalier’s and Celestial. To say that anyone who purchased Celestial trinkets through Laurels should just suck it up and deal is kind of rude and harsh in the face of all other MF gear getting not only a stat boost to make up for the MF but a free change if you want something else.

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

Item progression is extremly slow and if you can’t keep up as an old player, I can only feel sorry.

However, all this new tier is just a mindless grind.

Daddicus.6128

Thanks for the info on “celestial”; I didn’t know that.

And, thanks AGAIN for the info on the email. I had seen it, but I was still seething from being told my equipment had no attribute bonuses I didn’t pay attention.

As the other fellow put it so well, having all the stats go up equally is a penalty paid for getting the MF. To lose the MF but keep the nearly-worthless items is a large cost to pay.

I don’t understand why we can’t sell them back for what you paid for the components? The only thing we can spend laurels on is other “stuff”, it’s no impact on the economy. The way it is, it’s a huge hit on the players who focused on MF.

It should be noted also that I have not “bought” (with gold) ANY of my gear. All of it was picked up in game, crafted, or purchased with special currencies (laurels, karma, etc.) So, the loss isn’t economic. It’s hundreds of hours of playing time. In particular, the “celestials” I bought cost me at least 3 months of playing to attain.

They should allow us to get a refund. Period. No other solution can be called equitable.

By the way, I don’t disagree with their decision to eliminate gear-based MF. As I said before, it wasn’t fair to other players. But, it WAS legal and was the chosen path for a very large contingent of players. So, they really have no case for what they did; it was just wrong. I hope they admit it and correct the problem. I DON’T WANT THOSE RINGS with they’re substandard mods. I want the ability to re-tailor my gear to focus on one or two attributes again. But, I don’t have enough laurels left to do it.

Daddicus.6128

OP, the very least you should have is 20% not 4%, because you were sent consumables via in game mail to bring up up to 20%. This more than compensates for those specific stats.

As time goes on, and you do dailies and salvage blues and greens it’ll go much higher. It’s a small investment for a realtively short time, unless you don’t play at all.

Yes, but I’m going to do those anyhow. The way it is, I have to do it MORE to keep up with other players who didn’t get their hard-earned gear nerfed. EVERYBODY gets the 20%. And EVERYBODY gets the gravy from salvaging. But, only I and others like me get our items shafted. To be told I’ll earn them back is like rubbing salt in the wound.

If we were equally-skilled players with equal time commitments, we would both earn our next goodie at the same time. However, you get to ADD a piece of gear for your trouble, while I have to REPLACE my gear with that same earnings. How is that fair?

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

By the way, I don’t disagree with their decision to eliminate gear-based MF. As I said before, it wasn’t fair to other players. But, it WAS legal and was the chosen path for a very large contingent of players. So, they really have no case for what they did; it was just wrong. I hope they admit it and correct the problem. I DON’T WANT THOSE RINGS with they’re substandard mods. I want the ability to re-tailor my gear to focus on one or two attributes again. But, I don’t have enough laurels left to do it.

They don’t even need to provide a refund all they need to do is to allow us to pick the stats we want for those items like they did with the other items. The functionality is already in game.

i stopped reading after the first few comments. All i can say is haha i’m glad you feel ripped off Using MF to benefit yourself in a team game forcing others to do more so you could get more.

You would have a point about primary magic find items but celestial is different and certainly the reason why there was no compensation is because anet obviously feel that the stats are sufficient for all content.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

If you’re talking about fractal rings they don’t come at a huge price. They’re easy to buy with pristine fractals and are uncommon fractal completion rewards. I’m guessing you’re not talking about infused rings. Lunaria and Solaria are the ascended rings with celestial stats and they have hardly changed. After the patch your combat abilities are unchanged and those two rings are more than compensated for by account wide magic find. I have plenty of ascended celestial jewelry and I’ll be keeping it all thank you.

The game mechanics have been changed to remove big magic find bonuses from armor for improved balance. Good. You still seem to want big magic find on armor and that isn’t going to happen. You seem to want bigger magic find than other players with the similar game history just because your old armor used to have magic find and that certainly isn’t going to happen either.

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

I know they existed before that particular set of armor came out

The name “Celestial” has been attached to that stat distribution since beta. Celestial Amulet and Celestial Jewel for PvP.

Daddicus.6128

If you’re talking about fractal rings they don’t come at a huge price. They’re easy to buy with pristine fractals and are uncommon fractal completion rewards. I’m guessing you’re not talking about infused rings. Lunaria and Solaria are the ascended rings with celestial stats and they have hardly changed. After the patch your combat abilities are unchanged and those two rings are more than compensated for by account wide magic find. I have plenty of ascended celestial jewelry and I’ll be keeping it all thank you.

The game mechanics have been changed to remove big magic find bonuses from armor for improved balance. Good. You still seem to want big magic find on armor and that isn’t going to happen. You seem to want bigger magic find than other players with the similar game history just because your old armor used to have magic find and that certainly isn’t going to happen either.

Let’s try a different tack. You earned laurels. So did I. Let’s assume at the same rate.

With your laurels you purchased some gear. I’ll assume it was without MF, given your expressed opinion here. I also bought some gear, the two rings, to be exact.

Your gear still works, although if you bought non-celestial MF gear you have to replace the stats with other, comparable stats. The 110 laurels have still purchased items that are just as useful as before. You have suffered no loss.

My MF was taken away without compensation of any kind, when compared to your items. The rings are now way below other equal-cost items in value, because they prevent some specialization (despite having more raw points). When I bought them, the MF compensated for their otherwise rather poor stats. I am holding two rings that I never would have purchased in their current condition.

From this point on, if we play the same amount, your gear will always be ahead of my gear by 110 laurels worth of stuff.

Stooperdale.3560

You’re still looking at these rings as an expensive 110 laurels when actually they are drops that I sell to vendors for a few silver since I get infused rings as well in fractals. From your perspective they seem expensive but from many players perspective they are not. I am wearing celestial jewelry, their stats are no better or worse than your celestial items, and I think they’re still ok.

So is your rant justified? If you’re in combat then your combat capability has not gone down since you can wear your celestial or anything else just the same as before. If you want magic find then the magic lost on celestial is now shared across the whole account. If you’re complaining because you previously lowered your combat capability to get +8% magic find, and now you don’t have to lower your combat capability as you have over +8% magic find from the account, then perhaps the change is actually good?

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

Let’s try a different tack. You earned laurels. So did I. Let’s assume at the same rate.

With your laurels you purchased some gear. I’ll assume it was without MF, given your expressed opinion here. I also bought some gear, the two rings, to be exact.

Your gear still works, although if you bought non-celestial MF gear you have to replace the stats with other, comparable stats. The 110 laurels have still purchased items that are just as useful as before. You have suffered no loss.

My MF was taken away without compensation of any kind, when compared to your items. The rings are now way below other equal-cost items in value, because they prevent some specialization (despite having more raw points). When I bought them, the MF compensated for their otherwise rather poor stats. I am holding two rings that I never would have purchased in their current condition.

From this point on, if we play the same amount, your gear will always be ahead of my gear by 110 laurels worth of stuff.

Like you, I also bought/crafted celestial gear. One of the reasons for that was MF, but it was not my main reason for getting celestial gear and I feel no sympathy for you if you feel ripped off when Anet removed MF from celestial gear.

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

This is such a bogus argument. Celestial items have more stats but not all stats are equal, regardless of build. You really have to stretch to make it semi-worthwhile and the magic find was the extra bit that it took for some people. Seriously, how is that not hard to understand?

Maybe we should take all those berserker rings and nerf the crap out of them so that their +crit values are in line with armor. Then it would be “your fault” for buying them in the first place.

Yaki.9563

So you are angry about losing 8% mf on a single character while this update gives 20% mf to the entire account right off the bat and can be upgraded up to 300%?

20% MF is worthless if everyone has it. There isn’t anything in this game bought with gold that isn’t from the TP. So 20% MF on all accounts just means prices will rise to compensate. What matters is having MF beyond what you would have normally.

Yaki.9563

Morrolan,

Celestial has reduced stats not because of magic find… It has reduced stats because it gives you the following all on one item.

Power, Precision, Toughness, Vitality, Critical Damage, Healing Power, and Condition Damage

Magic find was hardly going to make or break the item. In truth it might mean 1 point bonus to power, precision, toughness, vitality, healing power, and condition damage if your lucky. The big bonus of celestial gear was the fact you got a bit of everything. Removing magic find from it does not change the fact it still gives you a bit of everything thats available on gear.

Actually MF has a much higher stat value than that. 2% was worth about 30+ stat points. So you’d really get about 5-6 more in each stat on the helm, a fairly large increase.

Yaki.9563

Don’t complain about such item changes, it’s ridiculous.

First of all the change was very small, despite your tantrum trying to pretend otherwise. Second, it’s a small change to some pixels that will have minor to no impact on your gameplay. Third, nobody guaranteed that items, skills or any game features will remain unchanged forever, changes do happen in MMOS. Fourth, you got some compensation in the mail, much more than necessary and definitely more than you are entitled to.

/no sympathy

From a stat perspective the change is larger than the jump from exotics to ascended. If its “very small” I assume you wouldn’t mind if your crafted ascended weapon got randomly deleted then.

Blix.8021

This is such a bogus argument. Celestial items have more stats but not all stats are equal, regardless of build. You really have to stretch to make it semi-worthwhile and the magic find was the extra bit that it took for some people. Seriously, how is that not hard to understand?

Maybe we should take all those berserker rings and nerf the crap out of them so that their +crit values are in line with armor. Then it would be “your fault” for buying them in the first place.

The only people who should have bought celestial items in the first place are people with builds which can use all stats. The removal of MF did nothing to affect that. Anyone crying about celestial gear is beyond hope.

Blaine Tog.8304

The only people who should have bought celestial items in the first place are people with builds which can use all stats. The removal of MF did nothing to affect that. Anyone crying about celestial gear is beyond hope.

It’s irrelevant why we bought the gear. It’s simply a fact that the set wasn’t overpowered before this patch, then this patched straight-up nerfed the set. Asking for compensation for a nerf that didn’t happen to address a true balance issue is reasonable. Asking for the same chance to make a switch that was offered other people (whose sets were compensated) is also reasonable.

It just feels like a slap in the face. Particularly since there’s no downside to anyone at all to allowing us to respec this one time along with everyone else whose set’s MF was removed. It’s a victimless request that would make players with Celestial gear at least not feel totally screwed. Win-win for Anet.

If you’re talking about fractal rings they don’t come at a huge price. They’re easy to buy with pristine fractals and are uncommon fractal completion rewards.

Not everyone plays high-level Fractals, nor is Fractals designed so that everyone has to play it. It’s supposed to be an optional thing.

I’m guessing you’re not talking about infused rings. Lunaria and Solaria are the ascended rings with celestial stats and they have hardly changed. After the patch your combat abilities are unchanged and those two rings are more than compensated for by account wide magic find.

Everyone got the same compensation. It had nothing to do with having Celestial gear.

The game mechanics have been changed to remove big magic find bonuses from armor for improved balance.

Celestial gear wasn’t compensated, which means they could’ve left the MF on and it would’be had exactly as much combat impact. MF was removed from Celestial gear for the sake of consistency, not balance. Celestial gear did not need to be nerfed, yet it was nerfed. At least Explorer gear was merely changed.

Good. You still seem to want big magic find on armor and that isn’t going to happen. You seem to want bigger magic find than other players with the similar game history just because your old armor used to have magic find and that certainly isn’t going to happen either.

I don’t care about MF specifically. I care about the stat total. I bought the set because it had a preponderance of stats. Now it has less of a preponderance of stats despite being balanced (if not underpowered) before the nerf. I care about being fairly compensated for a nerf that had nothing to do with adjusting balance. I don’t feel Anet has treated us fairly in this circumstance, certainly not as fairly as what they’ve shown themselves capable of.

(edited by Blaine Tog.8304)

Yaki.9563

Using all stats doesn’t mean they are all equal in value.

And LOL @ thinking this game is nothing but combat. Oh wait, there’s the TP and crafting and all the other things you might spend money on where MF matters.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Hate to call you out personally, but I am sick of seeing this on the forums.

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, was given enough essence of luck to get them around 20% extra account bound MF to start.

How in any way, shape, or form is this compensation for me losing my MF gear? The guy standing next to me in LA who didn’t lose anything because he didn’t use MF gear got the exact same bonus.

This 20% MF boost to start is NOT a compensation to people who have lost anything due to the MF changes. It was a gift to all the player base.

People who had MF gear were given NO form of compensation whatsoever.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

So the worhtless part of it is just that you bought them for MF and not the other stats. Well after a few days/weeks of essence they will have their usefullness back?

Blaine Tog.8304

You got your use out of your magic find and any better drops. You do not need any more compensation.

So I suppose you’d be ok with having the crit damage on your Zerker armor halved, or the Condition damage from your Rabid gear cut by a third? After all, you already got all use out of those stats you could expect in the past.

You got a 20% boost and it is easy enough to get to 100%

No, EVERYONE got a 20% boost.

MF is one of the few ways you compete against other people in a PvE environment. If everyone has the same MF, then we really all might as well not have any MF as far as the economy’s concerned. The number of drops goes up but then so does the price and we end up in the same place just with bigger numbers.

However, I can earn myself an advantage by getting higher MF than everyone else. Now, my income of loot is (statistically speaking) outstripping inflation. That’s the point of getting MF gear: giving yourself an economical leg up. That doesn’t happen if everyone has the same MF.

I don’t care you feel cheated.

Maybe you don’t. Anet should.

You people continuing to ask for more compensation are just acting like spoiled entitled brats throwing a tamper tantrum and frankly it is making me sick.

Yes, how dare we feel entitled to the stat total we paid for. How dare we feel shorted when our order comes back but with an item that we paid for missing.

(edited by Blaine Tog.8304)

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Previous use = compensation for removal.

Makes sense to me I guess. O.o

Blix.8021

Your characters wearing celestial gear are just as powerful now as they were before they update. Further, with account bound mf they have more magic find. Your crying just makes no rational sense.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Celestial is not ‘worthless’, it’s simply now without MF. It will still be worthwhile for the couple three classes/specs that it was worthwhile for.

I do agree with OP on the rapid-fire temporary content burnout. I favor the deeper story, permanent world, fewer bugs, and better balance that would come with a longer development cycle. On this point I beg Anet to stop the madness. (And, stop the vertical progression while you’re at it—it too is mad.)

Blaine Tog.8304

Your characters wearing celestial gear are just as powerful now as they were before they update.

Nope, because now I have less MF compared to everyone else, and MF only matters compared to everyone else.

It has strictly fewer stats now than it did before the patch. A more cut-and-dry reduction in power could hardly be imagined.

Blix.8021

If you bought celestial gear for mf, that was a stupid thing to do. The other sets with MF had more and were easier to obtain. The only non stupid reason to buy celestial gear was for a guardian or ele who wanted a mix of stats.

This whole thread is so stupid I can’t even comprehend how someone could agree with it.

Blaine Tog.8304

If you bought celestial gear for mf,

I bought Celestial gear because it had a lot of stats and that worked for my build. Now it has less stats.

It’s like if I went to a restaurant because they had an all-you-can-eat buffet, paid the full price like everyone else, but then management said that they’re taking away the soda fountain and everyone who bought one kind of ticket can have milk instead or they can trade for another kind of ticket, but I just just can’t have soda. I don’t get a refund, I don’t get milk, I don’t get the option to switch to some other kind of meal option that the restaurant offers. They’re just taking my money and giving me less than I paid for.

Which is really what it comes down to: the game has taken my Laurels and now is giving me fewer stats than I paid for, period. The issue we’re having is really straightforward. I don’t understand why anyone would object to allowing us at least the opportunity to pick different stats.

Blix.8021

No, it’s not like that at all. Your characters are exactly the same as they were before. Anet does not care, you will not get a refund because you don’t deserve one.

Posted by: Haaretram.6214

Haaretram.6214

I am so sick of seeing this on the forums.

You got your use out of your magic find and any better drops. You do not need any more compensation. Reality is you got better drops regardless of how you want to paint the picture therefore you got your used out of the gear regardless of how you want to paint the picture.

You people continuing to ask for more compensation are just acting like spoiled entitled brats throwing a tamper tantrum and frankly it is making me sick.

I am so sick of seeing this on the forums.

Imagine you bought a new car for $10,000. two months later, the car company comes by and tells you they are eliminating all of their cars. So you ask them when you will get your money back.

“Refund? You used that car for two months. Reality is you got better transportation regardless of how you paint the picture therefore you got use out of the car regardless of how you want to paint the picture. Demanding a refund on top of that is like spoiled entitled brats throwing a tamper tantrum and frankly it is making me sick.”

Would you accept that argument? NO. You would point out that if you wanted two months of car use, you would have leased a car for $600 a month, ending up just over 1/10 what you paid. You would also point out that you would not have bought a two month lease intentionally, so even charging you $1200 is unfair. And any jury in the world would side with you.

These are virtual goods with no real money value, so there is no court; we have only ANET’s sense of fairness to appeal to. But the concept still applies. The OP bought a permanent mf item. Having temporary use out it is not worth the 110 laurels he paid.

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Lunaria BEFORE
+43 Power
+43 Precision
+43 Toughness
+43 Vitality
+43 Condition Damage
+6% Critical Damage
+43 Healing Power
+4% Magic Find

You were running with those stats

Lunaria AFTER
+43 Power
+43 Precision
+43 Toughness
+43 Vitality
+43 Condition Damage
+6% Critical Damage
+43 Healing Power

+20% Magic Find(from Essence of Luck given for free).

So you lost 4% Magic Find from 1 item, and you were given 20% Magic Find for your whole ACCOUNT as REPLACEMENT. If you say the stats on the item are bad now, just note that they are exactly the same as the stats you were running with before.

I have Celestial Sigil, Ancient Mursaat Token, Triforge Pendant, Lunaria and Solaria. That’s 4% Magic Find removed from each, I was given 20% Account-Wide Magic Find. I break even(Math: 5 × 4% = 20%), you on the other hand, got extra free Magic Find because you only have two Celestial Accessories.

Stop contradicting yourself, Math 101 this way.

(edited by Turtle Dragon.9241)

Stooperdale.3560

Your car anology is just ridiculous. Nobody has taken the ring away from you. You still have the fully functional ring. Your account based magic find is more than amount lost on the ring. Your combat level is no worse than before.

I’ll give a hint here. When someone posts on a forum looking for sympathy and doesn’t get any, there’s no point arguing. That someone will get even less sympathy when they say they want more mf than other players (other forum readers) because they see the game as an adversarial rush for gold and loot.

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Content coming out this often is a GOOD thing, anyone who says differently is flat out wrong.

Posted by: Haaretram.6214

Haaretram.6214

Your car anology is just ridiculous. Nobody has taken the ring away from you. You still have the fully functional ring. Your account based magic find is more than amount lost on the ring. Your combat level is no worse than before.

I’ll give a hint here. When someone posts on a forum looking for sympathy and doesn’t get any, there’s no point arguing. That someone will get even less sympathy when they say they want more mf than other players (other forum readers) because they see the game as an adversarial rush for gold and loot.

The analogy isn’t ridiculous, it is simply focused on a single argument. Finding one that covers every aspect would be a waste, of time, since others have already explained why other factors are not a magic cure. But since you need a recap:

The OP does not still have a fully functional ring. He has a partially functional ring, whose benefits are 100% lost if he decides he would rather use a fully functional ring.

His account based magic find is not higher for having spent 35 laurels on the ring. Calling it compensation for the ring does not fit, because he could have not spent the 35 laurels and still ended up with same mf. He would have chosen that option of not spending (or spending them on other stuff), except that all available information at the time said that spending the laurels that way results in more mf then not doing so.

He bought that ring having determined that it would slightly reduce his combat ability in exchanged for some mf. Remove the mf with no compensation and he is left with a slightly reduced combat ability in exchange for nothing. His combat ability may not be worse then when he was using mf celestial ring, but that level of combat ability was only acceptable (to him) because it offered mf.