Leather Farm

Leather Farm

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

How is the price of leather inviting to new players? Why would they want to keep playing the game if it costs them 60 gold just to make the insignias for a single set of exotic armor? They won’t. This price isn’t conducive to trying new builds. Its not conducive towards new players enjoying the game. It doesn’t help anyone except the people who are done crafting armor. Its nothing but a deterrent to new players.

And it will all be worse when they make the changes to buying Ascended equipment in Fractals and sPvP, to quote Grant Gertz: "the cost for a piece of gear will now include a crafted token which shows a player’s mastery of the appropriate crafting discipline, the game mode specific currency, and raw gold. " (my emphasis) from the next release buying Ascended gear “requires max level crafting”.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Ascended-Vending-Changes/first#post6498704

It will get worse, but if ANet does this right it will only be worse temporarily. But if this also uses leather, in any amount, then it will be a failure in my mind.

Leather Farm

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Let’s see, I go to the TP and find that thick leather is back at the standard pre-patch price of about 1.5s. The other leather prices are roughly the same as before, except for T6 of course. Nothing has really changed.

As I said earlier in this thread, the leather farm just wasn’t necessary. We already have ways to get them. All the players needed was more access to T6 leather since the price is absurdly high compared to other T6 mats. You know? Supply and demand…yada yada yada

Leather Farm

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

That’s one perspective, here is another.

People from my guild were having a good time teaming with each other and farming leather. They see the game as something else beyond maximizing their gold intake or rushing to get something done. Not necessary? No, but lots of things in this game aren’t necessary … and people still do them and have fun doing it. It’s clear to me who this leather farm benefits.

Leather Farm

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

That’s one perspective, here is another.

People from my guild were having a good time teaming with each other and farming leather. They see the game as something else beyond maximizing their gold intake or rushing to get something done. Not necessary? No, but lots of things in this game aren’t necessary … and people still do them and have fun doing it. It’s clear to me who this leather farm benefits.

You could have picked any other spot in the game and you’d likely have the same effect. The fun you had in no way impacts how good (or bad) this area is as a leather farm.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Leather Farm

Obtena.7952

Yup, but that’s not really the point. I mean, if you kitten things based on what’s necessary, 99% of this game isn’t necessary. Fun has lots to do if content is good or bad in this game. I can’t believe you would actually say such a thing. Maybe an MMO is a job to you, but if I need leather and can have fun teaming with my guild doing it in this zone, that makes a big impact on me as a player … if that’s the kind of player I am. I know it seems easy for you to ignore this because obviously, that’s not the kind of player you are, but it’s real.

I mean, if you just want to maximize your leather input, regardless of how it’s done, this zone isn’t for you and I’ve already covered why no farm in this game would accomplish that because of the fundamental game design and how it relates to how the TP functions; I won’t repeat it if you choose to ignore that. If you can’t recognize that this zone brings value to some of the players in this game, then I have to question your objectivity when looking at the game design and content assessment in the first place.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Leather Farm

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Yup, but that’s not really the point. I mean, if you kitten things based on what’s necessary, 99% of this game isn’t necessary. Fun has lots to do if content is good or bad in this game. I can’t believe you would actually say such a thing. Maybe an MMO is a job to you, but if I need leather and can have fun teaming with my guild doing it in this zone, that makes a big impact on me as a player … if that’s the kind of player I am. I know it seems easy for you to ignore this because obviously, that’s not the kind of player you are, but it’s real.

I mean, if you just want to maximize your leather input, regardless of how it’s done, this zone isn’t for you and I’ve already covered why no farm in this game would accomplish that because of the fundamental game design and how it relates to how the TP functions; I won’t repeat it if you choose to ignore that. If you can’t recognize that this zone brings value to some of the players in this game, then I have to question your objectivity when looking at the game design and content assessment in the first place.

Really??? The devs put it in as a LEATHER FARM. That means if you want to maximise your leather input, this SHOULD be the place to do it.

It would be like having a candy store and having less candy then any corner store that mainly sells gas.

The very crux of the matter is they shouldn’t have called it a leather farming area if it wasn’t a better leather farming area than any other option in the game. It’s very simple. Had they not called it such there would be no issue. Since they did, they created the issue, hence the thread and most of the posts.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Leather Farm

Obtena.7952

No it doesn’t mean that. I’ve explained why. It means that to you, because you have preconceived notions from other MMO’s. GW2 obviously don’t follow that trend and has never do what other MMO’s do.

Leather Farm

Posted by: Obrigan.3021

Obrigan.3021

What is the best class tor farm does gardian whith staff is the most efficient ?

Leather Farm

Essence Snow.3194

No it doesn’t mean that. I’ve explained why. It means that to you, because you have preconceived notions from other MMO’s. GW2 obviously don’t follow that trend and has never do what other MMO’s do.

That’s delusional. The preconceived notion came from the devs of this game about the centaur area of the new zone when they called the area a leather farm, nowhere else.

Leather Farm

Essence Snow.3194

What is the best class tor farm does gardian whith staff is the most efficient ?

Guardian with a loot stick with a party in a zerg.

Leather Farm

OriOri.8724

@Obtena – You are pretty stubborn about this, but I cannot see the logic you are using here. This area was introduced as the leather farm that we had been told about in advance. Telling us about it in advance obviously means that ANet thought it would be an impactful way to gather leather here. When it is worse at generating leather than other content it cannot be called a leather farm.

Yes, you can farm it and gather leather. You can also farm fractals and gather leather from fractals if you wanted to. But I don’t see you defending fractals as a leather farm. I wonder why that is? If the dedicated farm is worse at generating leather than other gameplay, then it has failed as a leather farm. This doesn’t mean that it isn’t fun content. This doesn’t mean that you can’t get leather there. This doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy playing there with your guild. But it does mean that it is not a leather farm.

Leather Farm

Obtena.7952

I won’t defend fractals as a leather farm … it’s not the intent of fractals. I’ve already told people why their ideas of what a leather farm is don’t coincide with what we get as a leather farm in GW2. You can ignore them if you want, but the reality is that Anet determines what content is suitable for the game … the traditional idea that you go to an area to get maximum output for a specific material doesn’t apply here. If that’s something that players have a hang up with, they will just need to get over it, just like we got over alot of the other tired ideas that Anet threw out when they conceived the game, like no trinity, etc… Again, there can be no farm that will give you the most of anything in this game because of how the TP works … so the argument that this can’t be a good leather farm because it doesn’t give the most leather compared to others is nonsense. Nothing will beat getting gold and buy leather off the TP, ever.

Anyone looking to Anet to provide them with a ‘traditional’ anything hasn’t been paying attention over the last 5 years. Not following those ideas that everyone else uses is what makes this game appealing to many people. I hope Anet continues to disappoint people that want traditional things based on their preconceived notions of what other MMO’s do, because it’s one of main reasons this game is interesting. If I wanted to farm mats in a place ad infinitum for hours … there are dozens of other games I could go do that much better than GW2 would … and there is a reason I stopped playing those games. That’s the last bit of refuse this game needs.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Leather Farm

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

… but the reality is that Anet determines what content is suitable for the game …

The real reality is that ANet has a long, long history of second-guessing itself. What things are today are not guaranteed to be the same things tomorrow. What tune are you going to sing if ANet changes this leather fiasco to be more in line with expectations?

Leather Farm

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It seems like a ‘leather farm’ to me; it doesn’t seem to drop anything else. Maybe players are confusing ‘T6 Leather farm’ with just ‘leather farm’. /shrug

Leather Farm

Obtena.7952

… but the reality is that Anet determines what content is suitable for the game …

The real reality is that ANet has a long, long history of second-guessing itself. What things are today are not guaranteed to be the same things tomorrow. What tune are you going to sing if ANet changes this leather fiasco to be more in line with expectations?

I think that’s fair because it’s evident that Anet is pushing the boundaries of what it’s offering compared to what we see as tradition … and if something doesn’t work, so be it, they fix it. But from what I have seen so far, if they do make an adjustment, it’s still pushing those traditional ideas … we have content where healers are considered necessary, but would anyone say we have holy trinity? THat’s not the only example … There is lots of these infringements upon the traditional MMO ideas in the game … and you can now add this leather farm to that list as well.

One thing I can assure you; leather will never rain down on you so heavily in this zone that it will make the TP irrelevant for leather trading, which in turn means that the best way to get maximum leather for your effort will always be to farm gold. The day that happens is the day Anet gave up on this game.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Leather Farm

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

They don’t solve any of your problems perhaps. Don’t assume what you think is truth for everyone.

They created an explicit area to farm leather that is objectively not good for farming leather, that’s almost laughably incompetent.

I honestly no longer think it is incompetence.

Given some of the design changes (base Tyria compared to HoT), I find it harder and harder to believe that it is incompetence, but a deliberate implementation of ANET vs Players.

If you ever role play (table top games.) you may have experienced the mindset that can happen of GMs vs Players, aka them vs us. Most of the time that is not very productive for either side.

GW2 is not a tabletop roleplaying game. The Devs gain nothing out of making the players fail, but they do stand to lose a ton. This is simply not applicable to an MMO development.

In Tabletop games the GM gains nothing from making the players fail either. But they still often exhibit this behavior.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Leather Farm

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

It seems like a ‘leather farm’ to me; it doesn’t seem to drop anything else. Maybe players are confusing ‘T6 Leather farm’ with just ‘leather farm’. /shrug

I’m sure you haven’t missed the differentiation that its not a particularly useful leather farm. A couple rich copper nodes at the end of a difficult JP in Orr could be called a “copper farm”, but no one would think it was useful to go out of their way to do a JP in Orr specifically to get copper.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Leather Farm

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

And its still not ok for one of the basic crafting mats to be so much more expensive than the other 3. T6 leather is still 6 times as expensive as T6 wood, 46 times as expensive as T6 cloth, 15 times as expensive as T6 ore. Not to mention that if the price of leather was lower, the price of cloth would go up as demand would go up.

I thought something was wrong when I saw the massive difference between the t6 cloth and t6 leather price. I had enough bolts of gossamer and then some to craft a full set, but barely enough leather to craft 2 insignia’s >.<, they should do something like lowering the units of leather required.

Leather Farm

Posted by: Rikimaru.7890

Rikimaru.7890

The whole concept will never work because ANET created the problem to begin with.
The introduction of Patches caused this (not patches as in game fixes obviously).
Some of them sat down one day and were like:

- leather is too cheap we have to do something, it causes ascended medium armour to be too cheap compared to others …
- I know what we will do – let’s make it so that insignias require patches which will require fabrics and leather to make
- good idea in a ratio of fabric to leather of 1:1 right?
- are you kidding me? in a ratio of 2:5 leather is way too cheap
- but Elonian Leather squares can only be produced 1 per day like the other ascended materials
- oh right I forgot so make it ratio 1:1 for ascended, rest 2:5
- umm ok I guess

Some time later

- we got a new problem leather is too expensive now we overdid it! Also Armoursmith’s can’t produce leather squares, thus they require another crafting discipline to make them
- ok I have an idea to solve that too – we will introduce a good spot to farm leather with new areas from living world. As for the armoursmith thing – who cares? Everyone can use 2 disciplines anyway.
- aren’t players already complaining a lot about too much grinding?
- well they will do it anyway, so who cares?
- but wouldn’t a simpler solution be changing the ratio of fabrics to leather from 2:5 to 1:1 just like with ascended rank?
- ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I WOULD HAVE TO ADMIT TO BEING WRONG! AND I AM INFALLABILE! MY IDEAS ARE NEVER WRONG! NOW CREATE THE LEATHER FARM OR FIND YOURSELF A NEW JOB!

Now I will add my 2 cents here: For starters, why are the patches named after the fabrics when they are made mostly from leather? Patches are like +70% leather.
So how can they be called, for example “Gossamer” Patches when they are mostly made of hardened leather????
Now you can say that Cured Hardened Leather Square’s are much smaller than Bolt’s of Gossamer. Ok, but if that’s the case, then why do components for light armour require the exact same amount of Bolt’s of Gossamer as medium armour components Cured Hardened Leather Square’s? Yes Exalted armour components require 18 Bolt’s of Gossamer and 6 Cured Hardened Leather Square’s, while Emblazoned armour components require 18 Cured Hardened Leather Square’s and 6 Bolt’s of Gossamer.
So obviously they should be more or less the same size, so I don’t see how that explanation would work.

(edited by Rikimaru.7890)

Leather Farm

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

They should just roll it back to the way it was. It was still an ordeal to craft but didn’t price it so out of reach.

Leather Farm

felincyriac.5981

I was surprised too when I saw the leather to gossamer ratio was 5:2, I’d have thought the cheaper one would have the higher requirement…

Leather Farm

OriOri.8724

And its still not ok for one of the basic crafting mats to be so much more expensive than the other 3. T6 leather is still 6 times as expensive as T6 wood, 46 times as expensive as T6 cloth, 15 times as expensive as T6 ore. Not to mention that if the price of leather was lower, the price of cloth would go up as demand would go up.

I thought something was wrong when I saw the massive difference between the t6 cloth and t6 leather price. I had enough bolts of gossamer and then some to craft a full set, but barely enough leather to craft 2 insignia’s >.<, they should do something like lowering the units of leather required.

I agree with you, but that is very unlikely to happen. An Anet person stated in the AMA on Reddit that they don’t want to change the recipes, but rather change how we acquire the base mats.

Leather Farm

OriOri.8724

I was surprised too when I saw the leather to gossamer ratio was 5:2, I’d have thought the cheaper one would have the higher requirement…

When the recipes were introduced the cheaper ingredient did have the higher requirement. But the requirements were never adjusted when leather became the most expensive crafting material

Leather Farm

felincyriac.5981

I agree with you, but that is very unlikely to happen. An Anet person stated in the AMA on Reddit that they don’t want to change the recipes, but rather change how we acquire the base mats.

well this is going to set me back more gold than I expected, got more globs of ecto from salvaging than I did the t6 leather (I think there was a quest which gave like 40 t6 leather, but excluding that I got less than 10 from the beginning till now ), apart from this centaur place where should I be farming them? (I’ve yet to even get a full set of exotics btw, so can’t really do anything too hardcore)

Leather Farm

felincyriac.5981

When the recipes were introduced the cheaper ingredient did have the higher requirement. But the requirements were never adjusted when leather became the most expensive crafting material

has the price of t6 leather gone down since the new leather farm place? If not then… what was the point?

Leather Farm

Posted by: MachineManXX.9746

MachineManXX.9746

Just as an aside, armor smiths can indeed refine leather squares.

Leather Farm

OriOri.8724

No, it has not. It was hovering around 29-30 silver a piece for T6 leather before the farm was announced. When it was announced, that crashed to 20 silver a piece temporarily. Within a week of the farm being released, T6 leather was back at 25 silver a piece, and now it is back at 28-29 silver a piece.

The farm did not decrease price on T6 leather.

Leather Farm

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

(I’ve yet to even get a full set of exotics btw, so can’t really do anything too hardcore)

Don’t waste hardened leather for exotic craft. Better farm some gold and buy exotics (for zerk stats Zhed’s/Nika’s/Devona’s depending on armor type) from trading post. You can buy a full set for like 15-20 gold. Alternatively you can grind Verdant Brink a bit and buy an exotic set for airship parts (must have Itzel mastery to access the vendor).
Exotic craft is dead, save that hardened leather for insignias to craft ascended armor.

Leather Farm

Posted by: Neve.3145

Neve.3145

No, it has not. It was hovering around 29-30 silver a piece for T6 leather before the farm was announced. When it was announced, that crashed to 20 silver a piece temporarily. Within a week of the farm being released, T6 leather was back at 25 silver a piece, and now it is back at 28-29 silver a piece.

Give it some time. People are most likely stacking up on the T6 leather and not selling just quite yet, they will – evemtually.
I actually don’t mind the leather farm, mind me i wouldnt wanna run in circles for more than 30 mins at a time but hey it kinda reminds me of the labyrinth.

Leather Farm

Astralporing.1957

Give it some time. People are most likely stacking up on the T6 leather and not selling just quite yet, they will – evemtually.

Don’t hold your breath. The new farm is just too inefficient at creating t6 leather to be able to visibly impact the market.

Actions, not words.

Leather Farm

Posted by: ich.7086

ich.7086

Karma / BoH / dungeons tokens are afaik the way most people did their first exotic set.

I Am An Intruder – War 80
Ich Bin Marc – Thief 80
All Your Dolyaks Are Belong To [Us] (Fort Ranik)

Leather Farm

OriOri.8724

I actually don’t mind the leather farm, mind me i wouldnt wanna run in circles for more than 30 mins at a time but hey it kinda reminds me of the labyrinth.

I doubt this farm will lower T6 leather prices on its own, no matter how long you wait, unless drop rates are changed. And there are several good reasons why

A) – The price rose back to pre-farm-announcement prices almost immediately after people realized the low drop rates for T6 leather. This indicated that a lot of people don’t like participating in the farm and are willing to buy their leather on the TP instead.

B) – Farm is designed to be group content on a LWS map. Its designed to be hard-impossible to solo, and we have already seen that most players don’t feel as if it is worth their time. Making it hard to find a group to do it already

C) – We are going to continue to get new maps to play on. With high expectations, we can expect the next episode to drop in 6 weeks. With more realistic expectations, it will come in 8-10 weeks. We can also reasonably assume it will bring a new map, with new stuff to grind for. That will draw a huge crowd away from LD. Yes, people will still be on the map, but not in the same numbers as right now. Which will make it even harder to find a competent group for this content.

D) – The drops from the leather farm have a lower chance to give T6 leather than the drops from random white mantle mobs. This is key, because those drops are easy to get, any player can get them, in more than 1 map mind you. These drops, despite being easier for individual players to acquire and resulting in more T6 leather than the leather farm, haven’t managed to bring the price of T6 leather down, despite being in the game since LWS3E1 released last July.

Leather Farm

Ider.1276

D) – The drops from the leather farm have a lower chance to give T6 leather than the drops from random white mantle mobs. This is key, because those drops are easy to get, any player can get them, in more than 1 map mind you. These drops, despite being easier for individual players to acquire and resulting in more T6 leather than the leather farm, haven’t managed to bring the price of T6 leather down, despite being in the game since LWS3E1 released last July.

I will laugh me behind off if Anet will “handle” this situation by nerfing T6 salvage rates from white mantle mobs. Then I will cry hard, of course, and question the sanity of humanity as a whole.

Leather Farm

Astralporing.1957

Thht would be a bad idea. The mere news of it would make the price spike (and this time i doubt it would recover).

Actions, not words.

Leather Farm

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

B) – Farm is designed to be group content on a LWS map. Its designed to be hard-impossible to solo, and we have already seen that most players don’t feel as if it is worth their time. Making it hard to find a group to do it already

Because ‘farming’ is something you do ‘solo’, my guess is ArenaNet wanted to make this more group based that’s fine but it’s not a mechanic I see working, case of looking through rose tinted glasses and assuming something will be engaged by the masses, when it won’t be because people want their own shineys piles and piles of shineys precious shineys.

Server: Gate of Madness

Leather Farm

felincyriac.5981

(I’ve yet to even get a full set of exotics btw, so can’t really do anything too hardcore)

Don’t waste hardened leather for exotic craft. Better farm some gold and buy exotics (for zerk stats Zhed’s/Nika’s/Devona’s depending on armor type) from trading post. You can buy a full set for like 15-20 gold. Alternatively you can grind Verdant Brink a bit and buy an exotic set for airship parts (must have Itzel mastery to access the vendor).
Exotic craft is dead, save that hardened leather for insignias to craft ascended armor.

welp I needed a viper’s exotic set, but those are account bound >.< , ty for the info tho

Leather Farm

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

It’s a pity they didn’t have that reluctance to change the recipes before they messed everything up by changing the recipes. They need to undo the harm they’ve done here. That’s the only real cure for the ridiculous discrepancy between T6 leather and cloth.

2 gossamer scraps required per bolt, 4 bolts per insignia. 8 scraps required per insignia results in Gossamer Squares costing 62-76 copper (current market price).
3 hardened leather sections required per square 10 squares per insignia. 30 sections required per insignia results in hardened leather sections costing 26-27 silver (current market price).

You’re not going to fix that problem by slightly increasing the T6 leather drops through this kind of farm especially when most of the leather being dropped in that farm probably just ends up in peoples material storage after they click salvage-all followed by deposit-all.

They need to wake up and smell the coffee, realise the actual cause of the leather problems (the fact that you need almost 4 times as much leather as cloth per insignia). They need to fix that problem and then they can stop interfering in the basics of crafting but they need to fix what they broke first.

Leather Farm

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

… we have content where healers are considered necessary, but would anyone say we have holy trinity?

Uhhh have you ever done a raid?

One thing I can assure you; leather will never rain down on you so heavily in this zone that it will make the TP irrelevant for leather trading, which in turn means that the best way to get maximum leather for your effort will always be to farm gold. The day that happens is the day Anet gave up on this game.

You realize that what you’re saying makes no economic sense right? If leather DID rain down so heavily in the zone, it would reduce TP prices to where other materials are and the TP would stay just as relevant as always. There is nothing that can happen in the game, up down left or right that would make the TP irrelevant.

Leather Farm

Posted by: OneYenShort.3189

OneYenShort.3189

I would agree it does appear to be a “leather farm.”

It also appears to me that players, once again, have applied their own thinking to what “leather farm” is. A good majority of posters seem to indicate that any “farming” should be able to be done solo. Esp those not blocked by events.

So much could be saved in rage if people would stop being so short with descriptions. I guess this is a sign of people being lazy, using twitter, etc.

Example: “AB Multi-loot.” Short and to the point, but lacks lot of details in how it really works. “AB event chest farming via map hopping.” Is longer but much easier to understand.

Alternate example: http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autowb450.html

With the Doric Lake leather farming, all people hear is “leather farming” which honestly is misleading to a degree. It really is “DL squad/zerk required, leather farming” as a standard party of 5 or less will for the most part get slaughtered.

Do I expect players to change with their verbage? Nope. Do I expect people to continue to get upset because they are not explaining their personal terminology? Yeap. Do I suffer the same issues? Of course. We have the wonderful and terrible issue of trying to shove as much as possible into as little amount of work/space that we can.

Leather Farm

Posted by: Sledge Stone.9017

Sledge Stone.9017

For this leather farm to function good, it needs to have diminishing returns turned off and T5 leather drop rates increased. I’ve tried this farm 3 times now.. I’ve spent over an hour farming leather each time and after 20 minutes I stopped getting drops from over half the centaurs. This same thing happened during the halloween event. Anet eventually turned diminishing returns off for the labyrinth and everyone had a good time. Until DR is turned off for this leather farm, I can get leather from just about any event faster. I actually got more hardened leather sections from a 10 minute Tequatl fight last night than I did farming centaurs in the actual leather farm for an hour.

The prices of leather have all rebounded back to their pre leather farm prices because there is no way to successfully farm leather in Lake Doric with DR in place. Its more beneficial and productive to simply wait for Auric Basin meta to begin, do the meta for 10 minutes, get all the loot, sell the loot and then buy the leather. Even with leather prices the way they are now you will still get as much leather in 10 minutes by farming gold and buying it as you would by farming centaurs in Lake Doric for an hour.

If DR is not going to be changed for the leather farm, then I suggest the centaurs get a significant nerf so smaller groups can go around slaughtering them. It won’t have a significant impact on T6 leather prices considering they’ll all have DR kick in after 20 minutes anyway. In a zerg this it isn’t even challenging content, its just a matter of tagging an enemy before it dies just like in the mad king’s labyrinth.

Leather Farm

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

welp I needed a viper’s exotic set, but those are account bound >.< , ty for the info tho

Never ever craft exotic viper. It isn’t worth the cost.

Leather Farm

Ider.1276

Never ever craft exotic viper. It isn’t worth the cost.

Its not about viper. The craft of any exotic armor is not worth the cost now..

Leather Farm

Obtena.7952

… we have content where healers are considered necessary, but would anyone say we have holy trinity?

Uhhh have you ever done a raid?

I’ve done a raid and I’ve covered that example … as I’ve explained previously, that doesn’t make this game a holy trinity traditional MMO and Anet is still pushing the boundaries of traditional MMO ideas … including this leather farm and many other examples. I’m going to ask at this point … if you want to respond to me, reading and understanding the full extent of my posts will be required.

You realize that what you’re saying makes no economic sense right? If leather DID rain down so heavily in the zone, it would reduce TP prices to where other materials are and the TP would stay just as relevant as always. There is nothing that can happen in the game, up down left or right that would make the TP irrelevant.

No, it makes lot of economic sense … it’s going to be very hard for Anet to tune the drop rate in a farm to ensure that all leathers maintain their value as mats that are a tradeable commodity on the TP … but that’s not actually the most important issue … the most important being the link between gems and gold. Clearly, I’m too ignorant of ecomnomics to explain why you will never be able to farm mats more effectively than earning gold in this game, so I won’t bother

I will conclude that the whole price adjustment argument is moot anyways, since we already know price adjustment wasn’t Anet’s goal for this content. As long as you’re going to hammer on irrelevant points, you don’t have much of an argument here.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Leather Farm

Astralporing.1957

I will conclude that the whole price adjustment argument is moot anyways, since we already know price adjustment wasn’t Anet’s goal for this content.

Then we can only arrive at the conclusion we have started the whole discussion with – this leather farm has no point at all.

Actions, not words.

Leather Farm

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I will conclude that the whole price adjustment argument is moot anyways, since we already know price adjustment wasn’t Anet’s goal for this content.

Then we can only arrive at the conclusion we have started the whole discussion with – this leather farm has no point at all.

Other than being a way to directly earn leather although the skewed towards T5. That’s up to each individual player as to whether it is of value to them. Considering that I still see farms on the LFG, some players must find some sort of value in it.

Leather Farm

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

since we already know price adjustment wasn’t Anet’s goal for this content.

Can you post a reference to the quote where they said this?

Leather Farm

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

They never said anything about price, it was a player controlled solution to supply. That’s what farms are. Price is totally in the player’s control in terms of selling it on the TP and setting the price.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Leather Farm

Astralporing.1957

They never said anything about price, it was a player controlled solution to supply. That’s what farms are. Price is totally in the player’s control in terms of selling it on the TP and setting the price.

There’s no way any meaningful change to supply wouldn’t influence prices. If anet didn’t intend to impact the prices, it can only mean they didn’t mean for this farm to influence the supply. A “farm” that doesn’t influence the supply has no point. As a farm of that resource, anyway.

Actions, not words.

Leather Farm

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

There’s no way any meaningful change to supply wouldn’t influence prices. If anet didn’t intend to impact the prices, it can only mean they didn’t mean for this farm to influence the supply. A “farm” that doesn’t influence the supply has no point. As a farm of that resource, anyway.

Not saying that, saying that ANet’s goal was to fix a supply issue and with it, it becomes the player’s responsibility to affect price. If they wanted to affect price, they would have made leather rain from the skies for a week. At that level of supply, it would overwhelm any resistance on the TP to drop prices. At the current rate, it seems nobody is in any hurry to stop a good thing, if you are a seller.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Leather Farm

Astralporing.1957

Not saying that, saying that ANet’s goal was to fix a supply issue and with it, it becomes the player’s responsibility to affect price. If they wanted to affect price, they would have made leather rain from the skies for a week. At that level of supply, it would overwhelm any resistance on the TP to drop prices. At the current rate, it seems nobody is in any hurry to stop a good thing, if you are a seller.

You don’t understand. What i am saying is that there is no way the supply issue could be addressed without it having impact on TP. Those two things are connected.
If anet didn’t want the price to be affected, it means they also didn’t want for supply to be affected. If they didn’t want for supply to be affected, it means they planned the leather farm to not be a farm at all.

So, either the farm was meant to be pointless from the beginning, or it is a design failure. There’s simply no other option here.

Actions, not words.